PDA

View Full Version : just making an observation....

Firestar
11-07-2005, 01:59 AM
...dont you think its a bit odd that theres a convention specifically for yaoi in san fransisco?
just a thought...

Leishu
11-07-2005, 02:35 AM
I find it more appropriate than odd...

jtnishi
11-07-2005, 12:11 PM
I don't seem to find it particularly appropriate or odd, actually. It's purely the result of who wanted it to happen, and where they happened to live. There happens to be a large base of anime/manga fans in the Bay Area, anyway. It's coincidental that the convention happens to be happening in what is probably the most liberal city in the most liberal state in the nation, one that happens to have a reputation for being relatively tolerant of homosexuality.

Of course, my real question is what was the point of making such an observation in the first place. This has really nothing to do with the subject of cosplay at Yaoi-con at all.

Bagu
11-07-2005, 06:21 PM
Of course, my real question is what was the point of making such an observation in the first place. This has really nothing to do with the subject of cosplay at Yaoi-con at all.

San Fran was probably the logical place to hold the con based upon environment and social population. Las Vegas would have been an interesting 2nd choice..

Eurobeat King
11-07-2005, 07:42 PM
When they had Yuri-con a couple of years ago, it would've been appropriate to host that con also in San Francisco, CA but they chose to have it in New Jersey.. And that was the one and only time they ever had Yuri-con.. :lost:

Bakabwoy
11-08-2005, 05:05 PM
Not to mention it was Held around Halloween so nobody things it's odd that we're all dressed in cosplay. When I was at Fanime, ppl gave us wierd look and I got Wistled at...I'm a dude.

Leishu
11-08-2005, 06:30 PM
Haha. I get that anyway... stupid drunk men on busses. *hangs head*

Bakabwoy
11-08-2005, 11:53 PM
I was honked and wistled at when I walked from the Vegabond to the Westin on Sat morning at the con.