PDA

View Full Version : FFX-2 chicks - bodyguards?

Something Lulu
02-05-2003, 10:58 PM
I was just looking at some pictures of a few of the different outfits that Yuna, Rikku, and Paine wear in FFX-2, and when I thought about actually wearing them at a con, I began to think of the reality. I mean, they're cool characters to portray, cool outfits to wear, and it will be fun to cosplay them. However, all of this means that there's going to be an even bigger amount of scantily clad female cosplayers at the cons that are coming up.

This is basically directed at all the girls who are planning to cosplay any female from FFX-2. I'm wondering if it might be a good idea to figure out what cons we're all going to and maybe make plans to meet up for a little while. Not only will it allow for some cool photo ops, but it could be like a support group - "Nearly Naked Girls of FFX-2" or something like that lol.

I don't know about you all, but when I cosplay as something that has me wearing less than I would wear on a normal day (Tifa, for instance) I try to make sure there's a guy present who will stick with me through the con. I mean, I can fend for myself and handle would-be harassers, but I don't want to have to worry about that, and having a male on your arm acts as a deterrant in most cases.

Basically what I'm saying is that it might be cool to meet up at the cons and chill together for a while. If we're going to be walking around dressed in a manner that might make one feel a little uncomfortable (I know I probably will be), then at least we can do it with other ppl in the same situation. Power in numbers and all that. ^_^ Besides, it will probably be fun to do anyway. (And cool pictures!)

I'm most likely going to be at AX and Comic Con as Paine, and probably BAAF, too. I'll be with Sana-chan at the CA cons, and I can tell you, she is not leaving my side lol. (She's my younger cousin, so of course I'm protective ^_^.)
(I've posted this in Game Costumes b/c it does relate to the costumes and their styles.)

Sorry if I sound somewhat paranoid, but I do live in New York City, after all. ^_^ I try to avoid uncomfortable situations, but let's face it, they do happen. >_< And ppl (guys) are going to be expecting the multitude of Yuna and Rikku cosplayers. I just feel like we should be prepared as well.

Sana-chan
02-05-2003, 11:26 PM
Mwahhaha me and my naked FFX-2 Rikkuness? I don't think that the cons will have a problem w/ their outfits, cuz I've seen ppl in less clothes (like them thong showing and wearing ppls) at AX and stuff. But yes... groups are very cool.

Something Lulu
02-05-2003, 11:33 PM
They wear all that stuff (or, rather, *don't* wear it lol) but they probably have to deal with at least some annoyingness from over-eager fans.

Yuna
02-05-2003, 11:57 PM
I'll be your bodyguard Sana-chan >D

jade_dragon
02-06-2003, 01:57 AM
comic con here ,going as booty shorts ,missing shirt front yuna
so you can grab me for photos or duck behind me when the fanboys charge lol

ZiggyB
02-06-2003, 02:21 AM
Just do this. ;)

http://www.divideby0.com/photos/2002-ComicCon/pics/DSCN1609.JPG

Hehe, I dunno about you guys, but I've been running "interference" for a lot of my female cosplayer friends lately. I swear...

Anyway, I'll be at AX and Comic Con, hope to see you gals again. :) And come on, wear something more then a towel... you'll get cold. ;-)

schalke
02-06-2003, 02:40 AM
hey if your not comfortable with Rikku's, Yuna's and Paine's (FFX2) outfit why dont you try their second outfit...i guess their second outfit isnt dat daring... but its still cool!!! :bouncer:

PretearWink
02-06-2003, 06:30 AM
I'll be going to AX, but I'll be with Kusanagi, so I think I'll be ok :p Buuut, I'd still love to get together with you guys for photo ops and stuff^_^ I'm making Gambler Rikku and I may have Popstar Yuna done... not to mention any other Rikku costume that Square might catch my fancy with before AX comes around :p And I'm sure Kusanagi would love to bodygaurd pretty scanty females :angel:

Tora
02-06-2003, 08:14 AM
Good call Lulu!!!

You know what they say, 'strength in numbers'!

I'm in an 'FFX-2 female' group for Otakon 2003! (Default Rikku costume) and i've been apprehensive about it ever since I said I'd wear it! Only because of the 'lack of costume' I'd have to make ^_~

But that sounds like a great idea! Luckily I'll already be with the lot of them, but I'm sure there will be more like us at Otakon.

Sana-chan
02-06-2003, 08:30 AM
ZiggyB > LOL!! But that one that I'm currently punching... IS my protection lol XD. Mmm towel goodness! Yeah I do think FFX-2 Rikku is wearing more than that towel thing hehe =P.

Mwahahha Nessa's mah bodyguard XD. You can do the fighting cuz you're good at that and I'll... throw pointe shoes at ppl XD.

Lady Ava
02-06-2003, 10:03 AM
AT Otakon, I have three bodyguards for when I'm wearing my Yuna American Idol and the regualar version of her. If you want, you can always hire our FF8 groups Ward, since he is offering his services. "Ward's Bodyguard Service- Fanboys thrown in under 30 seconds or less its free" ^^

Something Lulu
02-06-2003, 10:49 AM
ZiggyB> Those towels were okay, cuzwe had clothes on underneath. ^_^ My feet froze, though. And yes, that Keitaro is part of our protective front. So is our Enishi. ^_^ That guy is almost 5 years younger than me but I'll grab him in a second if I catch someone looking at me the wrong way. lol

Pretear Wink and Jade_Dragon> cool! I hope to see you both at those cons. ^_^ Pretear, will you have your Tifa costume at AX?

Tora> Aw, that sounds like so much fun! I wish I was going to Otakon now. I just found out that the guy I would have gone with (his friends drive down and always get a room) is not going, and I wouldn't know how else to get to it. I also don't know that I can afford it, seeing as it's so close to Comic Con.

Lady Ava> Hmm, Ward sounds like he's quite valuable to have around. ^_^ I don't know if any of my or Sana-chan's "bodyguards" will be throwing anyone. (We should ask them lol)

Kairikins
02-06-2003, 11:52 AM
Lulu LOL good idear I'm MORE than happy to jump in and beat the hell outta some over eager fanboys JUST for the sake if kicking their asses *puts of fists* heh ^_~

Reiko
02-06-2003, 02:10 PM
I need a body guard for Katsu!! I cant help but "Fall out" of my costume! LOL :) j/k!

PretearWink
02-06-2003, 04:14 PM
Something Lulu: I wasn't thinkin' of it, but if there is a reason to bring my Tifa costume, I sure can^_^

I'm planning on doing Meru with Kusanagi's Dart, Morgan le Fey with his Celestine, and Joan Kartright to his Christian de Medich...along with Gambler Rikku and Popstar Yuna @.@ Somethin's gonna have to give I guess @.@ But if an FF7 group is needed or somethin', I'll definitely bring my Tifa costume along :angel:

Yuna
02-06-2003, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by Sana-chan

Mwahahha Nessa's mah bodyguard XD. You can do the fighting cuz you're good at that and I'll... throw pointe shoes at ppl XD.

=D I'll whap 'em with mah black belt >D MAU

Troppy
02-06-2003, 05:05 PM
lol...I actually started out against this idea, and yet I DO IT. I'm all for the philosophy of 'if you're not comfortable don't wear it.' and yet, I started joking around about "Hotpants Yuna Guardians" at ACen, and people started taking it seriously! I had no problem hoofing it alone, but once the group grew, things got weird. Now I have a group of at LEAST 10 people who will be watching the backs of my group and I, and....really I feel safer! I could've done without them, but now it makes me happy to know that I shouldn't run into any problems...

I'll back any of you up at any con any day. TROPPY STYLE. >DDDD

Something Lulu
02-06-2003, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by PretearWink
Something Lulu: I wasn't thinkin' of it, but if there is a reason to bring my Tifa costume, I sure can^_^

It's just that I can never find anyone to cosplay FF7 with me (hopefully that will change at Anime Boston) and I know you have a really nice Tifa costume. I wasn't planning to wear it at AX either, but I think I'm going to bring it anyway. I'm going to try out the costume changes thing this year and wear a few costumes each day. I just thought it might be cool to work out some sort of FF7 thing (or even just a Tifa thing), because I think Alaria's got one, too. I have to find out from her where she's wearing it to, though. It's cool if you don't have it, though. We'll still be able to get some cool FF pics. ^_^

ZiggyB
02-06-2003, 10:43 PM
Well I don't think it's the "comfort level" of the cosplayer, it's the nasty otaku/fanboys that don't treat the cosplayers with respect. :P
I think was it... AX? The guest cosplayers for one of the Japanese booths had to get security assigned to them because they were being stalked by scary fanboys. :|
I think the logic behind the "bodyguards" is that the fanboys will think twice about doing something stupid when there's another guy around.

Sciguy
02-06-2003, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by Reiko
I need a body guard for Katsu!! I cant help but "Fall out" of my costume! LOL :) j/k!

I'd be happy tp be your bodyguard at Katsucon. I newly have a respect for the FFX-2 characters and It'd be cool to actually guard one. And contrary to popular belief, I'm very civil and not a hentai as long as I'm comfortable. So, I should be good to go after the first hour hanging out.

If you don't want me as a bodyguard Reiko, I'll offer such services to others.

heki-chan
02-07-2003, 12:57 AM
LOL!!! our ffx-2 girls will have.....11-13 bodyguards LMAO XD just all our guyfriends from the group and stuff lol!!! so it should be fun since we'll all be in FF-gear ^___^ wheee! cant wait for animenorth! ^0^

PretearWink
02-07-2003, 03:09 AM
Something Lulu: Aaaaw, thanks for the compliment, that's so nice^__^ Sure, I'll bring Tifa, I'd love to do an FF7 thing and take pics at AX^_^ Maybe we can find some Clouds to kidnap while we're at it :p

Mink
02-07-2003, 03:48 AM
Yeah that is such a great idea! I am going as Rikku to Fanime, and I will have a Yuna (an Yuna?) and a Paine, but whoever is there is more than welcome to join us! Strength in numbers......and protection in ballet tights and bloomers!

KaitouKurogo
02-07-2003, 11:20 AM
^_^ Both a funny and scary idea at the same time. The thought that a cosplayer would actually -need- a bodyguard is scary enough.

My gf is planning on dressing as Lum from Urusei Yatsura. My friend William, who I'm quite certain is the reality incarnation of Ataru in all ways, will be Ataru (of course). That leaves no parts for myself or my two other friends. At first as a joke, but then quite seriously, we planned on cosplaying as Oni Bodyguards for Lum. She is the princess of the Oni, after all. ^_^

It's down to two choices...but here's the clench. First choice; we dress up in full Secret-Service suits with the glasses, earpeaces, little Oni Horns, Tiger-striped ties, and Big-Friggin-Spiked-Maces (Aka, Kronk).
Choice two is a tip of the hat to the dumbass censors of Dragonball Z...dressing as the Oni from the underworld of DBZ, complete with the ugly shorts and HFIL tank tops.

Any votes?

Reiko
02-07-2003, 12:11 PM
Hey who ever wants to be my bodyguard lets go! LOL I need all the protection I can get! I cant bend over with out "Falling out" and my short are bathsuit shorts so yeah...I need a bodyguard or too!
Thanks Sci guy and all the others who want to help me! lol you can protect me and Mink lol

zyanthia
02-07-2003, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by KaitouKurogo
^_^ Both a funny and scary idea at the same time. The thought that a cosplayer would actually -need- a bodyguard is scary enough.

My gf is planning on dressing as Lum from Urusei Yatsura. My friend William, who I'm quite certain is the reality incarnation of Ataru in all ways, will be Ataru (of course). That leaves no parts for myself or my two other friends. At first as a joke, but then quite seriously, we planned on cosplaying as Oni Bodyguards for Lum. She is the princess of the Oni, after all. ^_^

It's down to two choices...but here's the clench. First choice; we dress up in full Secret-Service suits with the glasses, earpeaces, little Oni Horns, Tiger-striped ties, and Big-Friggin-Spiked-Maces (Aka, Kronk).
Choice two is a tip of the hat to the dumbass censors of Dragonball Z...dressing as the Oni from the underworld of DBZ, complete with the ugly shorts and HFIL tank tops.

Any votes?

Suits! That would look so cool! ^___^

Something Lulu
02-08-2003, 01:03 AM
Originally posted by PretearWink
Maybe we can find some Clouds to kidnap while we're at it

For some reason I have the hardest time finding Clouds! I'm trying to get my friend to cosplay KH Cloud, so at least I'll have some version to walk around with. (And protect me from would-be stalkers, while we're on the subject.) Okay, I'll bring Tifa then. Not like that costume takes up so much room. ^_^

KaitouKurogo> Definately go for the secret service suits! That'll look hot! And the little horns are a great idea.