PDA

View Full Version : Con Plans!

jade_dincht
11-08-2005, 08:32 AM
Well, I haven't posted anything to here in a while so....What are your canadian convention plans for the new year? Any event your looking forward to? New Costume Plans??

Since i've started this thread, i'll begin.

I'm going to Animaritime 2006 and Gathering of the Fellowship 2006.
I'm looking forward to both and I am working on Pippin Guard of the Citadel and Warrior Paine!

I'm looking forward to seeing your replies!

Schubuttercup
11-08-2005, 01:04 PM
I am looking forward to Otakon and GCAF this year. Maybe..AN I don't know. It hasn't been that exciting these last two years, but I'll still go, just not very EIIIiI! over it. I am looking forward to cosplaying all my new cosplays!

w00tastic
11-08-2005, 04:55 PM
Well myself. I'm only going to be able to make it to Otafest 06 and Animethon XIII this year. Mainly because of lack of funds. Anyone going to either of those two conventions look for a FFVII: AC Yuffie and an Ada Wong!

TribalButterfly
11-08-2005, 05:22 PM
Im going to be going to ANime North 2006 and CNAnime Expo 2006.
Anything else on top of that, if i can make it, that would just be gravy ;)

Kawaii Akina
11-09-2005, 09:12 AM
For me I'm planning to attend CnB 05, DTac 05, MarchTac 06, AN 06 and I not to sure about CN Anime for next year .. Didn't really do much at the CNA 05. I'll go to that depending if my friends are going or not ^^;

Brita_Lee
11-09-2005, 10:43 AM
Con no Baka, maybe DTAC, MTAC, Anime North, GCAF, CNA...

^^ I live for the trill o' the Con!

Vicky
11-09-2005, 10:45 AM
Just the usual for me x_X
Anime North, CNX.
Two costumes, a record for me! Aya Brea from Parasite Eve and Noriko Takaya from Aim for the Top! Gunbuster. wheeeee

ShiroInu
11-09-2005, 02:25 PM
I'll be going to Anime Evolution again next year. I'd love to go to Kei-con, but alas, I have no money to pay for a hotel.

My planned costumes (as you can see in my sig) are Integral Hellsing, Edward Elric, and my improved InuYasha from last year.

I'd love to go to more cons, like the two in Alberta, but again, I have no money ;_;

chaos_magician
11-09-2005, 02:55 PM
well I'll try and attend DTAC 05.....will definetly go the AN North 06( hopefully for all three days) and for sure CN Anime 06...
My costumes planned are Nariya-from Escaflowne(Movie Ver.), Konzen(anime or manga ver) from Saiyuki, and maybe my Severus Snape(improved costume)...>_-

w00tastic
11-09-2005, 06:48 PM
I'll be going to Anime Evolution again next year. I'd love to go to Kei-con, but alas, I have no money to pay for a hotel.

My planned costumes (as you can see in my sig) are Integral Hellsing, Edward Elric, and my improved InuYasha from last year.

I'd love to go to more cons, like the two in Alberta, but again, I have no money ;_;

The two in Alberta are pretty fun if you have some friends attending with you. Theres not as much to do at Animethon (Edmonton) though

FalconW
11-09-2005, 07:20 PM
My next year con plans are Ai-Kon and Chibicon, both in Winnipeg.

Kitchen
11-09-2005, 07:42 PM
My next year con plans are Ai-Kon and Chibicon, both in Winnipeg.

Yay, I will be attending at least one of those. *waves flags for Winnipegers* I will also be attending GCAF again this year, An and Otakon. I don't do hobbystar cons ;-; so I'll miss some people who go to them. Tons of new cosplays in store. I am talking 3 new ones for each con! ^_^

Chibik3r0
11-09-2005, 09:05 PM
Definately planned are Ohayocon, Anime North, and Otakon... CN just doesn't do it for me so yeah... It's not a definate >_> I never go to the TACs so those are both write-offs too.

I may swing for ACen next year since I have friends out in Chicago and others who also attend but it's usually the same month as Anime North so that may be pushing it financially -_-

Otherwise, whatever else comes up that's interesting and attainable I'll try to go for.

Oh and as for costume plans, nothing too concrete yet... Mainly some Tsubasa ones for now.

Katasha
11-10-2005, 04:17 PM
OO yay con season comming up again. Umm I'm gunna be starting out with Sakura-Con, not canadian but its gunna be fun, then Otafest, thats allaways a fun time then of course the ever so wonderful Animethon. How I love it. I don't think I'm gunna go back too AE for a while..I'm gunna give it some time too improve and grow, maybe the year after, then Bellerose or any other small cons that come up. I don't think Anime North this year, but you never know!. Depends on money.

But Animethon Is By far the best, so much fun, so much happening, so many partys and of course, so many friends. Can't wait.

Believed
11-10-2005, 07:27 PM
Hmm.. I experianced alot for my first anime con experiance. I attended as much as possible this year, testing out alot of cons because each has it's own flavor. I have a list of cons that I will be returning for this year and many thanks to those to recomended them to me this year. Here is my list:

MomoCon
Anime Boston
Garden City Anime Festival
Northern Anime Festival
Otakon

I will not be attending any Hobbystar cons this year or any Toronto cons for that matter this year inless you count NAF ^_^; I am trying to branch away from the Toronto area where is so crowded! I am only going to Otakon because I promised my friend I would take her. Here is my cosplay list:

MomoCon: Sailor X
Anime Boston: Rei Kurosawa, Sae Kurosawa
Garden City Anime Festival: Midori, Zhou Ming Yue, YanYan Girl
Northern Anime Festival: Ruby Moon,Carmine
Otakon: Sailor X, Sae Kurosawa, YanYan Girl, Carmine