PDA

View Full Version : Everyone's Current Plans for 2006?

dollssoulkirie
11-10-2005, 02:41 AM
Hi hi~ A newbie cosplayer here. ^.^ I'm one of the cosplayers in the Hampton Roads area of VA.. *currently lives in Suffolk*

I was just wondering... since this section kinda just went quiet, so I attempted a 'phoenix down'... What's everyone's plans for next year~? Like, what cosplays! And what conventions are you thinking about attending!

As of right now.. I have a total of 6 different conventions on my list, but I might only attend 3. Those six are: Katsucon, Anime North, Anime Mid-Atlantic, Otakon, Anime Weekend Atlanta, and Nekocon. The three that I know I want to attend are: Katsucon, Anime North, and Otakon.

As for cosplays, I have them listed in my signature.. but, I might add a few more to the list.. depending on my mood. ^^; (Like McDohl from Suikoden I/II, Orphe & Camus from Meine Liebe, and others. .;; ...)

Bagu
11-10-2005, 06:34 PM
Welcome to the wacky world of VCS ^^

I think we're all the same way...we have the cons we'd like to attend for 2006 and the costumes we're going to attempt to make. My sig only lists 3 cons for 2006, so I'm think of adding some more depending on work and what time I have.
Anime Weekend Atlanta was my "long distance con" for 2005. I'd love to be able to hit one of the West Coast cons to see how the other half lives..so we'll see how it goes.

myaku_
11-11-2005, 12:35 AM
My parents got into another "STOP THIS COSTUME NONSENSE AND STUDY" thing, so it looks like I might just be working on my "Michi no Sora" AYA costume. I finally found a Cho Hakkai so then a Saiyuki costume, maybe? Maybe. And any indie j-rock I can find~ w00t oshare-kei~

Ah, yes, welcome to VCS! ^____^

Bagu
11-11-2005, 10:42 AM
My parents got into another "STOP THIS COSTUME NONSENSE AND STUDY" thing,

ah yes..gotta remember to keep a healthy balance between the two in order to keep the parents happy. You do a lot of costumes from looking at your gallery so I wouldn't be surprised you might have an interest in design. ^^

Star_Angel
11-11-2005, 06:09 PM
My parents got into another "STOP THIS COSTUME NONSENSE AND STUDY" thing,

LOL! I get that and Im a senior in college!

Riji
11-12-2005, 04:15 PM
After Katsu I'm taking a long break from cosplay, for both school and personal reasons. I might do a few little costumes, but nothing too involved.

Gogglegirl
11-12-2005, 08:15 PM
My plans for 06? Well I am definatly going to Katsucon and Otakon...I odn't know about Anime USA next year....That really depends on what my schedual is like then. Costumes? My signature is wrong....I am definatly doing Atsushi Kirasazu from prince of Tennis for Katsu...and proabaly Otakon. Other costumes I dont' know yet.

My big goal for 06 is to find a cosplay group....There are some costumes I want to make but I'd have to have the rest of the people in the group to make sense...So my goal is to find a cosplay group.

makotohanabi
11-12-2005, 11:22 PM
Going to Katuscon on saturday and sunday, don't have any commitments past then. Would like to hit AnimeNEXT, Nekocon, ACEN, and possibly another west coast con. Promised my sister I'd go to a summer con with her, but it depends on her internship. I would consider Otakon if I can find rommates that aren't inconsiderate drunks (if you want the story pm me or ask me at ausa). It depends on getting the time off and other things.

Only costumes I have planned are Soubi (Loveless), Princess Leia (Ewok dress from Jedi), and a generic gakuran. Might make others, but i doubt it. Probably spend the year deciding which costumes to alter, remake or retire, lost a bit of weight and few costumes fit anymore.

I'm an idiot, completely forgot about my favorite cons AUSA and Balticon. Starting to get senile.

bag0k
11-20-2005, 03:54 PM
I'm not going to Katsucon after the sour taste last year's left me with. (not... literally... >_>) So I'm just gonna take a break cosplay wise until otakon season. As for costuming in general, There are two more plays my school's doing and I've gotta help out with that. (I know one of them's Beauty and the Beast :D)
I know I want to add more to my Pokemon Card Samuri costume, the costume I wore to AUSA. I just need more cards! ^_^

myaku_
11-20-2005, 05:01 PM
I wanted to go to Katsu, buuut Rent is coming to Norfolk that weekend and Rent > Katsucon (even though it'll be my second time seeing it.) It's hard to put that decision on a Renthead who's also into anime. Which reminds me I need to finish putting together a Mimi costume for the movie on Wednesday...

Valgaav_Xellos
11-20-2005, 07:35 PM
For '06? Really all I definitely know is Katsucon 2006 in which I hope to do the costumes listed in my signature. I would like to do Anime Mid-Atlantic if possible and probably Otakon. Though I don't know which costumes I'll use for those... ^^;

Ah, and how could I forget.. AnimeUSA 2006 is a MUST for me. XD

SailorKagome
11-28-2005, 03:20 PM
Hi hi~ A newbie cosplayer here. ^.^ I'm one of the cosplayers in the Hampton Roads area of VA.. *currently lives in Suffolk*

I was just wondering... since this section kinda just went quiet, so I attempted a 'phoenix down'... What's everyone's plans for next year~? Like, what cosplays! And what conventions are you thinking about attending!

As of right now.. I have a total of 6 different conventions on my list, but I might only attend 3. Those six are: Katsucon, Anime North, Anime Mid-Atlantic, Otakon, Anime Weekend Atlanta, and Nekocon. The three that I know I want to attend are: Katsucon, Anime North, and Otakon.

As for cosplays, I have them listed in my signature.. but, I might add a few more to the list.. depending on my mood. ^^; (Like McDohl from Suikoden I/II, Orphe & Camus from Meine Liebe, and others. .;; ...)

Hi! It's nice to finally find another Hampton Roads cosplayer! ^_^ I'm from Hampton. I'm also *hoping* to go to AMA, as Aeris (FFAC). But I might be graduating that weekend. Which...would suck.

As for other conventions... Whatever I can afford, lol. I have a HUGE list on things to cosplay, so no problem there. I'd like to go to Nekocon again, and Otakon would be great.

LaPetiteSalope
11-28-2005, 07:11 PM
Katsucon, AnimeNEXT, Anime Mid-Atlantic, Otakon, and AnimeUSA for me. I'm currently making a Ayanami Rei plugsuit and Jo from Burst Angel (both hopefully in time for Katsucon). Talim (1P) and Tira (1P) are still currently in progess.

TwistedFates
11-28-2005, 09:11 PM
Just AnimeUSA for me. But I'm planning a lot of cosplay to make up for it. Look at my cosplay list in my sig.

Tenshinoitami1
11-29-2005, 01:13 AM
So far my plans look something like this as far as cons go:

Ohayocon
Katsucon
Anime Midatlantic
Otakon
Nekocon

May fit in AWA again like I did in 2005 and maybe AX or AZ, who knows.

As far as costumes go I'm not doing a whole lot due to money but this is what looks like may come to some cons this year::

Macabre Kaoru
Indies Kaoru
Yokan Kaoru
Yurameki Kaoru
Myaku Kaoru
Raison d'Etre Kaoru
Filth Kaoru
Jessica Kaoru
Aint Afriad to Die (PV and Photoshoot versions)
(all jrock, Dir en grey)

No plans for AMA, probably just going to use some old anime/game costumes

Ayla_Inoue
12-01-2005, 09:59 PM
This year I don't know if I'm going to any cons, but I'm going to try to make it to at least one ^^ (Maybe Anime MidAtlantic, since it's about 1 1/2 hours from my house ^^)

Despite my lack of convention-going this year, I'm currently planning (and have bought stuff to make :heart: ) Mai from Kra (Kuu PV) and Bou from An Cafe (Tekusto PV, I think). And I'll probably end up making Shinya's [KR] Cube dress for my senior prom XD Yay ^^

Ichigogami
12-22-2005, 11:02 PM
Due to Finances and powers beyond my control- Parents/School Crud/lack of money due to only petsitting and babysitting as a job. I will be attending the two cons I usually attend, as well...usual? Katsucon 2006 and Otakon 2006, maybe Nekocon if I can rustle up some monies but I doubt it, anyway. I'll be doing a bunch of costumes
*=Need to finish pieces

Bunny Pajamas Misha~ Pitaten: (100%)
Milli Thompson~ Trigun: (100%)
Theif Outfit Nami~ One Piece: (100%)
Ducttape Blackmage Yuna~ FFX-2: (86%) *Legging, Jacket, Redstraps on Dress*
Hinata Hyuuga~ Naruto: (50%) *Sandals, Jacket, Badges*

and others depending on photoshoots and other plans
weee costuming!