PDA

View Full Version : DecTAC - who is going, and as who?

Amy the Yu
10-05-2005, 02:00 PM
Just curious who's going and what everyone's planning to wear.

It seems that I'll be cosplaying Taichi from (season 1) Digimon along with Seed-chan and Hikarilight doing Daisuke and Takeru from (season 2) Digimon.

Amai Mimi
10-05-2005, 02:25 PM

Chibik3r0
10-05-2005, 02:42 PM
I think I saw it in other threads, but has it been determined it is infact DTac and not november like I've heard a few people saying?

Regardless, I'm still uncertain if I want to go to one of these "ghetto" cons.

chef_belegfea
10-05-2005, 02:56 PM
I'm not entirely sure what my costume will be yet...

Kawaii Akina
10-05-2005, 03:37 PM
hmm i'll probably be going as naruto in the movie (even though i haven't watched it yet) btw, how long is dtac? this is my first year going since i missed it last year T_T

Otaking97
10-05-2005, 04:56 PM
hmm i'll probably be going as naruto in the movie (even though i haven't watched it yet) btw, how long is dtac? this is my first year going since i missed it last year T_T

The hobbystar website is hurting right now....There is no information up right now.

The D and MTAC's of the past have either been just one day or two. Just Sat or both Sat&Sun. It's normal convention center times. Sat is usually 10-7ish and Sun 11-5ish.

I haven't missed one yet and don't plan on it so I'll be there hopefully in the Nadesico or Sakura Wars repair team outfits.

jiyoon
10-05-2005, 04:58 PM
I think I might go... depends on when my exams start though.

Kawaii Akina
10-05-2005, 05:34 PM
I think I might go... depends on when my exams start though.

hope you can go! ... i need to start saving money for the cape now.

Kohana
10-05-2005, 06:47 PM
I dont know if I'll go depends on school and my overall sanity at the time....but if I do I'll probably wear Yoruichi (her standard outfit...less I have to worry about the "pillows")...

jiyoon
10-05-2005, 07:10 PM
I dont know if I'll go depends on school and my overall sanity at the time....but if I do I'll probably wear Yoruichi (her standard outfit...less I have to worry about the "pillows")...

tis sexy pillows Marie XD

Mekou
10-05-2005, 08:00 PM
I dunno if I'll bother with DTAC (Just because I'm still feeling negatively aganst hobbystar and would rather not support anything they do.) but if I go it will be to see friends. ^^

And in the event I do go, I will probably wear Fuu (Samurai Champloo).

minion-chan
10-05-2005, 08:19 PM
I'm going to D-TAC ^-^ I probably wont actually pay though... I have nothing to wear and absolutely no motivation to make any costumes recently so yay!

Amy the Yu
10-05-2005, 08:23 PM
I'm going to D-TAC ^-^ I probably wont actually pay though... I have nothing to wear and absolutely no motivation to make any costumes recently so yay!What a way to be totally blatantly honest. XD

Not paying is good. Shouldn't have to pay just to loiter in the MTCC halls. XD

minion-chan
10-05-2005, 08:26 PM
What a way to be totally blatantly honest. XD

Not paying is good. Shouldn't have to pay just to loiter in the MTCC halls. XD
haha yeah, I ended up paying the last time because they threatened to kick me out.. but I'll just grab my friends and go elsewhere or something if they get stingey about it! I don't have any money to buy stuff from the dealers room right now anyways!

Kia
10-05-2005, 10:45 PM
haha yeah, I ended up paying the last time because they threatened to kick me out..
There are ways around this. Trust me, I know. They've tried to kick me out for two years. :bigtu:

I'll most probably be there, since I get the distinct feeling that I may have to miss both the Science Center trip and the dance because my second production of the term opens earlier that week. Down side to being in theatre, I have no life around shows ... boo ... But if most of my friends are going to be at DTAC, then I'll be there. Must be representing of ze old country, ya?

And I'll probably wear one of my Ohayoncon costumes, because that's probably the only motivation to get one done well before the con. ^_^

YukiPhnx
10-07-2005, 12:48 PM
hm........i still haven't planned wat to wear.....but i'm definitely gonna be there! but prolly won't pay either...... i went last yr to do most of my christmas shopping XD and to hang out ofcourse

and let's not forgot that d-tac is now known as Toronto's unofficial yaoi-con XD

chaos_magician
10-07-2005, 01:04 PM
I'll be going for sure!!! It will be my first time attending so I'm reallly excited!! What I'll wear hmmmm..I think I'll wear my Severus Snape cosplay..I luv it and it is so nice and comfy for the weather!!!>_<

Brita_Lee
10-07-2005, 04:20 PM
I wonder what I'll wear...hmm.... InuYasha! XD

Pazuzu
10-07-2005, 05:54 PM
The hobbystar website is hurting right now....There is no information up right now.

The D and MTAC's of the past have either been just one day or two. Just Sat or both Sat&Sun. It's normal convention center times. Sat is usually 10-7ish and Sun 11-5ish.

I haven't missed one yet and don't plan on it so I'll be there hopefully in the Nadesico or Sakura Wars repair team outfits.

Hobbystar sent out an e-mail to people on the mailing list a while ago. No times listed though .__.;;

December 4, 2005
Guests: TBA
Metro Toronto Convention Centre North Building
255 Front St. West, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Admission: Only $10!

And I'll be debuting Shukaku, with my friend as Kyuubi (Naruto). Assuming we're done in time >_>;

kels
11-10-2005, 11:15 AM
i just realized that no one has made a thread about dectac.. and its comming pretty soon too~ i cant wait.. social cons are fun altho ill probably be studying there anyway (stupid finals) ..

but anyway.. just wanted to know who was planning on going, and as who?

im not too sure if i will have time to finish it, but i'm trying to get raww le creuset/kreuz/kleuze .. gah.. basically the gundam seed guy with the face mask.. haha~ i cant wait~

Edgar Strife
11-10-2005, 12:03 PM
I believe a thread for DTec was made already, I think this would be the link.

http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=69292 , I'm its for this year though.

Anyway, my options are most likely my Seishiro cosplay [X/1999] if I can make it. Subaru on the other hand is an option but then a again I wouldn't want to walk in my white Hakama outfit durning winter.

Edgar Strife
11-10-2005, 12:11 PM
As for me, if I make it to DTec, its Seishiro or Subaru so far. Unless I can get a blond short wig, I'll go as Yuto. I would cosplay Subaru in his Shikifuku outfit [the white Hakama outfit] if it snows in Dec, just because it be nice to get at least a few pic of my cosplay outfits in the winter. [But then again, I'll most likely be freezing to death wearing my Shikifuku in winter since it's not a winter ware outfit.] By the way, sorry for the double post.

jiyoon
11-10-2005, 12:15 PM
ahhhhhhh I'm probably only going to go for a few hours cos I have an exam the next day >.>

Mlanie
11-10-2005, 03:20 PM

Kawaii Akina
11-10-2005, 05:17 PM
Hmm I'll be going to this one for sure hopefully sine I missed it last year and all. I'll either be cosplaying as Fuji Syuukse (from PoT) if I get my brown hair back in time ^^;; or I will cosplay as Echizen Ryoma or Rukia.

TribalButterfly
11-11-2005, 09:21 AM
DTac... when is it again???

Probubly not going though. I don't think i have any costumes that are warm enough, and i refuse to get changed at the con - riding the subway in costume is half the fun :)

kels
11-11-2005, 08:38 PM
I believe a thread for DTec was made already, I think this would be the link.

http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=69292 , I'm its for this year though.

oops.. my bad~ i failXDD

btw.. dtac is december 4th at the mtcc

minion-chan
11-12-2005, 11:39 AM
D-TAC marks a year of cosplaying for me =3 I wish I had a new costume to wear... I should probably make something...anyone have any ideas?

Mlanie
11-12-2005, 12:53 PM

Brita_Lee
11-13-2005, 01:33 PM
O_O!!!!!!!!!! I am an uber Brad Swaille fan!!! *dies* This just TOTALLY sells me for this con! I missed him at CNA, and I have a picture I drew for him to sign! ^-^' (wow...that sounds so creepy...-_-') I will be dressed as Tohru!

novaraven1
11-13-2005, 03:15 PM
I'm not going this year. No money left and no new costumes. I think I hit the xmas blues early this year.

Brad is so cool, someone glomp him for me?

heki-chan
11-14-2005, 04:27 AM
I just found out from Kelly DTAC is on a sunday =_=

Not sure if I can go anymore, but I will try <3

If I do go, I will damn well be SEEDing it up! XD <3 <3

Brita_Lee
11-14-2005, 10:55 AM
Sunday?? Ugh... I work on Sundays. If I find someone to switch with I'll go, but I ain't gonna force it.

chef_belegfea
11-14-2005, 06:48 PM
if I go it'll be as either A.C. Vincent or Snake...

Chosuke
11-14-2005, 06:58 PM
I think I'll be going as Tsukasa from Ichigo100%
Simple and WON'T COST ANYTHING/ TAKE MORE THEN AN HOURS EFFORT.
The best kind of costume.

I won't be paying either, as I've never had to in the past.

Tifa_Lockhart
11-14-2005, 10:33 PM
I'll be there with my friends :) I'll probably just use my Advent Children Tifa costume though from CNAnime.

Brita_Lee
11-14-2005, 11:13 PM
I SHOULD wear my InuYasha seeing as its warmer, but I wanna wear my Tohru.

Scoti
11-15-2005, 12:11 PM
I'm pretty sure I can go so I'm stuck between Hatsuharu Vr.4 ( because the last 3 looked like crap) or **suprise random outfit made from whatever material I have**

...yeah

Amy the Yu
11-15-2005, 02:26 PM
But if most of my friends are going to be at DTAC, then I'll be there. Must be representing of ze old country, ya?I'm not sure if I'm going, but if I do, I'll be claiming the floor in your room that night so I can molest and rape you and Scoti in your sleep. >_>

Kia
11-15-2005, 04:09 PM
I'm not sure if I'm going, but if I do, I'll be claiming the floor in your room that night so I can molest and rape you and Scoti in your sleep. >_>
things to look forward to ....

and I'll be wearing whatever costume I manage to finish between now and Dtac, which might be something really lame if I don't get all my final assignments done really soon. :(

Jo_Canadian
11-15-2005, 08:43 PM
more than likely going to do cid from final fantasy 7 advent children

Meifu
11-15-2005, 09:26 PM
Hm.. I'll probably go as Envy and just wear pants getting there... But, 10$?! That's awesome!!

Brita_Lee
11-15-2005, 10:46 PM
more than likely going to do cid from final fantasy 7 advent children

Oh thats awesome!

If I go, I'll probably be by myself, cause me and my friends will have attended Con no Baka the week before this, and they may be low on cash. Maybe I can talk my friend Trever into coming with me.. ^^

heki-chan
11-16-2005, 03:03 AM
Hey guys,

Just letting you know I merged the 2 DTAC threads. *thumbsup*

Can't wait to see everyone there ^_^

~heki

YukiPhnx
11-17-2005, 08:43 AM
I think I'll be going as Tsukasa from Ichigo100%
Simple and WON'T COST ANYTHING/ TAKE MORE THEN AN HOURS EFFORT.
The best kind of costume.

I won't be paying either, as I've never had to in the past.

tsukasa cosplay! look out for a glomper XD I'm planning to do an Aya cosplay from there sometime soon......prolly next year if I'm lucky.... Point is, I'll b glomping you on sight ^_^

Chosuke
11-17-2005, 09:17 AM
tsukasa cosplay! look out for a glomper XD I'm planning to do an Aya cosplay from there sometime soon......prolly next year if I'm lucky.... Point is, I'll b glomping you on sight ^_^

Haha, sure.
If anyone recognizes me at all!
It's not very fancy, and I'll probably get mistaken for a random skank in a short skirt. Eheh.

Jo_Canadian
11-17-2005, 09:49 AM
anyone else going as any advent children characters?

YukiPhnx
11-17-2005, 01:11 PM
Haha, sure.
If anyone recognizes me at all!
It's not very fancy, and I'll probably get mistaken for a random skank in a short skirt. Eheh.

you're wearing the oumi high uniform rite? or their elementary one?

Infini
11-17-2005, 05:36 PM
I'm definitely going, I just don't know what to make/wear. ^^; There's just not enough time to make the costumes I really want to make. Maybe I'll finish Fai, or finish remaking Inuyasha.

Mlanie
11-18-2005, 06:11 PM

Chibik3r0
11-18-2005, 06:49 PM
I'm definitely going, I just don't know what to make/wear. ^^; There's just not enough time to make the costumes I really want to make. Maybe I'll finish Fai, or finish remaking Inuyasha.

If you finish Fai, I will go out of my way to go down to DTAC after work for the sheer enjoyment of drooling over your costume.

akut3nshi
11-19-2005, 08:36 PM
im going as nana...from NANA =)
i wanted to go as cloud buttt...it's not finished so blah.

Brita_Lee
11-19-2005, 10:25 PM
I'm thinking now if I go, I won't be there long, cause I have work, and I don't want to book it off twice in two weeks, but I think I can manage a day trip (leave early in da mornin' and leave a couple hours early). Ah, the night shift. ^^

Golden_Fox
11-22-2005, 08:05 PM
I Cobra Commander command you all to tell when Dtac is and where:bigtu:

Brita_Lee
11-23-2005, 12:03 AM
Its at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre, on December 4th. More info is easily found at hobbystar.com

mikcy
11-23-2005, 03:16 AM
im going as nana...from NANA =)
i wanted to go as cloud buttt...it's not finished so blah.

That makes me want to go as Hachi IF I go. I planned to go as Ai, but yeah, the temptation for Hachi rises. XD However, I really need to finish Ai for once and for all. x.x; I might even dress up my boys for this. DBSG and Star Ocean.

Amy the Yu
11-24-2005, 12:15 AM
I'll be wearing Taichi from Digimon unless he proves incredibly uncomfortable in which case it'll be something much more ghetto (as if he's not ghetto enough). XD
If you finish Fai, I will go out of my way to go down to DTAC after work for the sheer enjoyment of drooling over your costume.Pft...there will be much Infini drooling and raping regardless. >_> (She didn't hear me say that.)

TribalButterfly
11-24-2005, 08:41 AM
IS there really a large crowd that attends Dtac? Ive got every weekend booked with christmas parties! You'd think december would be a bad month for a con, with the hollidays and the weather and everything.

hikarilight
11-24-2005, 07:01 PM
I haven't posted in here XD

Since Digimon kind of died due to lack of time and motivation, I shall be SEEDing it up as Athrun Zala in ZAFT <3 I'm finally doing something from SEED and not Destiny XD

Mlanie
11-24-2005, 07:58 PM

AncientWanderer
11-24-2005, 08:06 PM
Damn you college!! *shakes fist*

I was actually considering DTAC this year, too, and I was just going to reuse a costume. Guess I really am holding out until AN then....*sadness*

Seed-chan
11-24-2005, 08:35 PM
I haven't posted in here XD

Since Digimon kind of died due to lack of time and motivation, I shall be SEEDing it up as Athrun Zala in ZAFT <3 I'm finally doing something from SEED and not Destiny XD
Hurhurhur. SEED <3

Apparently I haven't posted here either. I'll be going as Kira in his civilian outfit from Gundam Seed. Boo though, Athrun and Kira never see each other in civi/ZAFT. Oh well. XD

Mlanie
11-24-2005, 08:48 PM

Infini
11-24-2005, 08:51 PM
I won't have Fai done in time (I think I said that when I was planning to wear it for halloween, too o_o) so I'm aiming to just finish Inuyasha again, since I only have to remake the pants and salvage the wig somehow. :/

Ayumi Nemoto
11-25-2005, 01:11 PM
I'm going for sure YAY~! If I can pull off a Kadaj from Advent Children in time that I'll do him :D If I can't than I think I'll come as Lacus Clyne Commander GSD... AGAIN (for the thousand times) >.< Anyone know where to get leather-look-a-like for a cheap/good price?

Kawaii Akina
11-25-2005, 01:29 PM
I'm going for sure YAY~! If I can pull off a Kadaj from Advent Children in time that I'll do him :D If I can't than I think I'll come as Lacus Clyne Commander GSD... AGAIN (for the thousand times) >.< Anyone know where to get leather-look-a-like for a cheap/good price?

hmm .. the only place i would know to get that type of material would be boot clare (i think i spelled it wrong haha) but it's not cheap.. i think the material is called plather something like that... my friend sheila (you know her) has it for one of her dilandau costume and just for one meter it cost around $19 bucks. but keep looking around.. you never know if some place might be cheaper.

AncientWanderer
11-26-2005, 09:31 AM
i think the material is called plather something like that....

You're right, it is called pleather. (Like...plastic leather? Haha I don't know what it means.) I bought some brown pleather recently, I think for $10 a yard...? Which isn't too bad, but it was at this no-name fabric shop. The only thing I can suggest is a Fabricland if you have one around you, they're usually pretty good with their prices.

I also think you can soften pleather up somehow to make it easier to work with. I've never had to do it, so I won't give suggestions lol - that could just be disastrous - but I'm sure if you check some other forums you can find a thread if you need to do that.

Kyo_no_bion
11-26-2005, 11:35 PM
I'll be there. Still haven't figured out a costume to wear yet, but it'll definitely be a re-wear cos I'm so very very lazy, and I'd rather make christmas presents instead ^_^

TheWestWind
11-27-2005, 11:12 AM
I'll most likely be there,,, and as Chuunin Exam Sasuke, complete with the insane arm hockey taping, lol!

chef_belegfea
11-28-2005, 01:35 AM
Snake is as finished as he'll be untill summer is here again... just need to get a santa hat and it'll all be good...

heki-chan
11-28-2005, 02:14 AM
SEEDing it up with kels, seed-chan, and hikari HOPEFULLY!!! as GS default Lacus (minus the big long pouffy dress)

I really hope I can make it <3 <3

I have a huge marketing proposal thing due the monday following, so *crosses fingers*

*EDIT*

I have a question, which of you guys are planning to actually pay the $10 ticket?
I plan to, as I did the $20 last year, since they did spend money to rent the space for the event...*shrug*

ANyways, yes, just wondering :)

Brita_Lee
11-28-2005, 02:26 PM
I'm paying. I always do. I just feel its the fair thing to do. My morals would eat my liver if I did something like not paying. ^_^ No reason not to pay really.

I'll be there most likely to see Brad Swaille and to buy the 6th DVD of Escaflowne. I have 1,2,3,4,5,7, and 8, just missing #6. ^___^ My CnB mission of buying all of Escaflowne was just about a success.

Amy the Yu
11-28-2005, 05:49 PM
In case some people live in a bubble and haven't seen it yet:
http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=72214

DTAC admissions is now free if you have a pass from CnB.

It makes me wonder a bit if they're just using the situation to try to win good favour with the fans since Hobbystar tends to be bashed left and right by a lot of people in the community.

If they're not using the situation for their own purposes, they're saints for accepting CnB passes. If they are using it for their own motives, as a way to improve their reputation, it's working. XD

Otaking97
11-28-2005, 05:52 PM
I never haven't paid for a TAC. I don't understand people's cheapness. Go elsewhere if you don't want to pay.

Either way the TAC's are usually pretty big. Since it's downtown I guess a lot of people just take the bus/subway so it's usually pretty packed. It's worth it for a small little con in my mind.

I haven't had an issue with weather ever to a con. (I live an hour away East of TO). So hopefully it holds up on the weekend. Snow is the only thing that could cause me to miss a con.

Probably be King of the Hill cast again at DTAC.....yay!

kels
11-28-2005, 06:57 PM
i fail.. i MIGGGHTTTT be seeding it.. but if i cant get anything complete.. which i hope i do but if i dont TT_TT.. ill do an uber ghetto dietrich.. just because hes so sexy

Chibik3r0
11-28-2005, 07:11 PM
Geez... If I can use my failed CnB pass and can get out of work early enough, I'll try to swing down for DTAC. I'll probably just drag Naota from FLCL out of the closet for a wearing since anything else of mine is entirely too much work to wear for a mere few hours.

Ochika
11-28-2005, 07:23 PM
ill probably finally end up wearing Winry >_>

minion-chan
11-28-2005, 08:11 PM
I don't really feel like dressing up for d-tac ._. I'll just wear my tony tony chopper hat n_n

Chosuke
11-28-2005, 08:48 PM
I'm not going anymore.
Too much of a pain to get downtown using transit on a sunday.
I had thought for some reason it was a saturday.

MaiSheri
11-28-2005, 09:57 PM
I'm going to be going as Fujiko (Lupin the 3rd), but a much warmer outfit than what I had a the science center (for those very few who saw it lol).

Brita_Lee
11-28-2005, 11:24 PM
Yippe! I can use my CNB pass! ^___^ $10 isn't that much money, but every little bit counts, cause for me, its about $25-$30 or something for my Coach bus ride there. Savey Savey. What can I say, I love conventions. I go to wacky lengths to attend them. ^_^ I also have some spending money left from CnB and I also have a paycheck coming this week. System works.

Wage
11-29-2005, 04:30 AM
I'll be Lupin'ing it up with mellowunicorn. Sporting my red jacket Lupin outfit. I think that should be warm enough.

Kyo_no_bion
11-29-2005, 05:36 AM
I'm not going anymore.
Too much of a pain to get downtown using transit on a sunday.
I had thought for some reason it was a saturday.

So does this mean we get to fag Yamato up even longer then? :D

Tenshi Musouka
11-29-2005, 08:18 AM
Im really trying to make it to D-tac. Im not sure what I will be wearing... I am going to try to finish Trunks for then. Unfortunatly my sword wont be in until christmas (since in actuality it is a christmas gift)
I like the idea of using my CnB badge to get in free. If trunks isnt done, i will give hiten a tune up and wear it... not sure yet

Amy the Yu
11-29-2005, 04:20 PM
There's a good chance I won't be able to make it cause I got 5 assignments (their worth totalling 75% of my final marks for the 4 courses I'm taking) due one per day from now until Monday.

If I do make it (and I'm scrambling hard to get it done early), I'll be waving bye bye to any chance of getting Taichi finished, so I'll probably be wearing my Mistress 9 (http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=538609) outfit again.

I will be sharing a table in the dealers' room with the same friend I shared with at CnB. If people have gift certs from our table (golden coast enterprises with the eggs), I will honour the first $40 worth of GCs to surface for my half the table.
I'll be there most likely to see Brad Swaille and to buy the 6th DVD of Escaflowne. I have 1,2,3,4,5,7, and 8, just missing #6. ^___^ My CnB mission of buying all of Escaflowne was just about a success.My friend's had that goal for about a year now. Somehow, she lucked out and the dealer that was set up across from us in the Dealers' Room had the box set and she wound up buying it for $19 during friday set up. XD

Brita_Lee
11-29-2005, 10:52 PM
My friend's had that goal for about a year now. Somehow, she lucked out and the dealer that was set up across from us in the Dealers' Room had the box set and she wound up buying it for $19 during friday set up. XD

Holy Smokes! O___O!! Thats...crazy! Well, I got a good deal for mine anyway...about $14 per DVD for 5 DVDs, and then $16 for 2 DVDs...but nowhere close to a deal like that. Yowza...

Pocket
11-30-2005, 01:41 AM
I'll see if I can head down on Sunday with my CNB pass. I don't feel like dressing like Hughes again... I'm probably going to go in regular clothes. Unless I can find a purple dress shirt - Then it's casual Hughes. hahaha

Aw. Facial hair limits my ability to cosplay... :\

shiro_hikaru
11-30-2005, 01:55 AM
I wasn't planning on coming down, since I had already been to Toronto twice in the past two weeks, and is still not sure anymore.

But on Sunday of CnB, Amy the Yu was very persuasive in getting me to come along with her, but now since she's possibly not going, I am thinking about it.

Persuasion consists:
Amy: Are you going to DTAC
Me: No
Amy: Com'on I can ask my friend if he can drive you too
Me: Okay Fine.

TribalButterfly
11-30-2005, 07:36 AM
I'm not going. Its December, r u nuts? It's freezing, and with all the christmas shopping and christmas parties, who has the time, or cash?
I'll stick to the bigger cons like AN and "the con formally known as CN" :p

Mekou
11-30-2005, 08:09 AM
>> I'm not going. Its December, r u nuts? It's freezing, and with all the christmas shopping and christmas parties, who has the time, or cash?
I'll stick to the bigger cons like AN and "the con formally known as CN"

Well, it IS indoors. It's not like they'll be making everyone stand outside all day. (Though, it is Hobbystar. You never know. =P). Winter cons/events are also a good excuse to make those costumes that have several layers. And not everyone is invited to a bajillion Chistmas parties. I mean, come on? We're anime fans! It's against the rules to have a social life. =P

Pocket
11-30-2005, 10:37 AM
I might do some of my christmas shopping at the con. haha

Kaido Kaoru
11-30-2005, 02:33 PM
I dunno whether to cosplay as Ishida Level 3 or as Kaido....

I LOVE BOTH COSPLAYS....but I secretly love kaido more (-_-;;; isn't THAT hard to tell...lol)

I'm leaning more towards Teni Puri.....I think I might try to attempt Oishi

I mean I have these 2 lil' bangs right now.and then all I'd have to do is grease back the rest.....so it'd be fun to attempt him.....

Ne?!

Well I hope to see ppl there none-the-less!!!

Ja Ne!!!
~*~kaidoh~*~
(fshhhhh)

Chibik3r0
11-30-2005, 03:18 PM
I'm not going. Its December, r u nuts? It's freezing, and with all the christmas shopping and christmas parties, who has the time, or cash?

Budget money and time? I'm working Sunday morning and hopefully heading down in the early afternoon. Those of us who went to CnB either paying or through artist alley or dealers, we already have passes to get in so that's saving money. I don't plan to buy anything but to socialize and take photos of cosplayers... Just enjoy the atmosphere that is the close-knit GTA cosplaying community. There's still plenty of time to get Christmas shopping done... 6 hours out of one day won't completely ruin everything.

And if it's cold, oh well? This is Canada after all. If you aren't used to the cold by now, I suggest moving far far away. We have 5 more months of the cold stuff to go before it's spring so just suck it up and deal with it.

Kohana
11-30-2005, 03:58 PM
I dont think I can come anymore... I have two exams the next day...>.> damn and I could have got in free with my pass from CnB.... oh well.... hope you all have fun and takes lots of pics! XD

FallenInnocence
11-30-2005, 05:01 PM
Oh, I'm coming! And I can't believe it is THIS SUNDAY! *squee* I'm most likely going to cosplay as some kimono girl with my friend. ^-^' *so much for a proper 'cosplay'*

Kawaii Akina
11-30-2005, 05:06 PM
I dunno whether to cosplay as Ishida Level 3 or as Kaido....

I LOVE BOTH COSPLAYS....but I secretly love kaido more (-_-;;; isn't THAT hard to tell...lol)

I'm leaning more towards Teni Puri.....I think I might try to attempt Oishi

I mean I have these 2 lil' bangs right now.and then all I'd have to do is grease back the rest.....so it'd be fun to attempt him.....

Ne?!

Well I hope to see ppl there none-the-less!!!

Ja Ne!!!
~*~kaidoh~*~
(fshhhhh)

wee~ i'm going to be echizen ryoma ^0^ can't wait till get my haircut on saturday morning for the con on sunday .. first time going there hehe

blue-impulse
11-30-2005, 05:13 PM
I;m goin' but not sure if I'll dress up.

I'm considering doing a Sexy Commando (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-557608547610134083&q) closet cosplay, just because I honestly didn't have the time to do much of anything cosplay related. Stupid university.

So, if you're (un)lucky, you might see me waddling around with my pants down around my ankles yelling "LOVE... ME... DOOOOOO!"

Don't worry, I wear boxers.

Kia
11-30-2005, 05:52 PM
I;m goin' but not sure if I'll dress up.

I'm considering doing a Sexy Commando (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-557608547610134083&q) closet cosplay, just because I honestly didn't have the time to do much of anything cosplay related. Stupid university.

So, if you're (un)lucky, you might see me waddling around with my pants down around my ankles yelling "LOVE... ME... DOOOOOO!"

Don't worry, I wear boxers.
Oh my gosh! You do Sexy Commando and I'll love you forever. That show is so messed put that it's wonderful. ^_^

I probably won't have any costume, since I think I'm going to start working on my next RO costume, but there's no way I could have it done by Sunday. :: shrug ::

Jo_Canadian
12-01-2005, 08:31 AM
i think ive changed my costume plans, since alot of people wanted pics of my reno costume i think im gonna wear it to dtac instead of cid. that way cid isnt rushed

Mlanie
12-01-2005, 08:45 AM

Jo_Canadian
12-01-2005, 09:56 AM
I remember the first time you cosplayed as him at Ad Astra. I take it you are going to shave again?

lol that was rude not reno, reno has the long red hair....rudes the chrome dome

Mlanie
12-01-2005, 10:09 AM

Edgar Strife
12-01-2005, 08:17 PM
Hum....so far there may be a chance that I'll make it to DTAC, yet I may arrive abit late and I decide I'll just cosplay Hojo. If we have enough FFVII & AC cosplayer, how about a groupshot?

Ayumi Nemoto
12-01-2005, 08:30 PM
NOOOOOOOOOO~! *bangs head on keyboard* There goes my entire plan for Kadaj >.> Apparently the wig guy gave me the WRONG silver wig and parents says no to buying fabric til next year T_T So after some digging I think I can only pull off a Turk since it's the only thing I can possibly pull of in such a short notice *is refusing to wearing Lacus (AGAIN!)* I hope the new shipment of wigs will be in cause I plan to get an exchange (>:D) Maybe I'll do Elena or the Female Gunner in Before Crisis *shrugs* But a FF7 crew WHHEEEE~! We should do a photoshoot/groupshot :D (there's a difference... oO?)

*pokes Edgar* Were you the Hojo at the Science Center? o.o;; *is going to cling on FF7 characters*

baka-chan
12-01-2005, 08:38 PM
Oh, I'm coming! And I can't believe it is THIS SUNDAY! *squee* I'm most likely going to cosplay as some kimono girl with my friend. ^-^' *so much for a proper 'cosplay'*

LOL haha that's alright!! Any cosplay is a good cosplay :thumbsup:
I was gonna wear the random yukata/kimono too if I didn't have anything else to cosplay, anddd seeing as how the con is in 3 days, and i have nothing prepared, the yukata i have at home might come in handy ^^
I can probably do a pathetic attempt at Kaoru from Rurouni Kenshin by adding a bow to my hair XD

See everyone at the con!!

Squall1882
12-01-2005, 08:47 PM
**Spoke too soon, it's my GF's work christmas party on Sunday, sigh.. the first time I make a costume far in advance I can't make it to any of the conventions... ahahahha**

Yes finally a chance to wear my shuuhei costume!!
I'll try my best to be there!! Haven't seen everyone in soooo long, especially since work cheated me out of CnB!! (which in retrospect I can see now was a good thing "(^-^)" )

Tifa_Lockhart
12-01-2005, 09:25 PM
If we have enough FFVII & AC cosplayer, how about a groupshot?

If someone can arrange a time, I might be able to come >>; <<;; We'll see if I remember...

Momoko
12-02-2005, 01:08 AM
*excited* I can't believe it's going to be on Sunday.... like, in 3 days Sunday! I'm going as Son Goku from Saiyuki with Sakura (who's being Sanzo), along with our cosplaying boyfriends :3

STOKED!! =D

Kyo_no_bion
12-02-2005, 06:10 AM
Right now my outfit/cosplay choices have been narrowed down to either 'random goth-ish' or 'random gay-ish' ^_^;;

What time does the con start again? *is half dead*

Mlanie
12-02-2005, 06:46 AM

Edgar Strife
12-02-2005, 07:49 AM
NOOOOOOOOOO~! *bangs head on keyboard* There goes my entire plan for Kadaj >.> Apparently the wig guy gave me the WRONG silver wig and parents says no to buying fabric til next year T_T So after some digging I think I can only pull off a Turk since it's the only thing I can possibly pull of in such a short notice *is refusing to wearing Lacus (AGAIN!)* I hope the new shipment of wigs will be in cause I plan to get an exchange (>:D) Maybe I'll do Elena or the Female Gunner in Before Crisis *shrugs* But a FF7 crew WHHEEEE~! We should do a photoshoot/groupshot :D (there's a difference... oO?)

*pokes Edgar* Were you the Hojo at the Science Center? o.o;; *is going to cling on FF7 characters*

Yup, that's me alright, the one that was mistaken for a worker a couple of time and the one doing a search for a new Jenova. jk

Tifa_Lockhart--> I guess we'll try to arrange a time cause I know I'll be abit late comming. Anyway, we'll see what happens.

Brita_Lee
12-02-2005, 10:32 AM
So far it still looks like semi-warm(er) weather for Sunday (not that it matters much, but travel between the building and the bus station would be killer otherwise). But I've only been able to check Hamilton weather, so could some GTA people keep us posted on that? Cause if its gonna be really cold, I may switch Tohru for my friend's Kyo costume. Pants are warmer than a skirt, but if I can tolerate it I'd love to wear Tohru.

Mekou
12-02-2005, 10:54 AM
>> Cause if its gonna be really cold, I may switch Tohru for my friend's Kyo costume. Pants are warmer than a skirt, but if I can tolerate it I'd love to wear Tohru.

You can always wear pants under the skirt and then take them off when you get inside. XD Or wear pants there and change into a skirt once you're in.

I guess I should announce that my "costume" for DTAC will be Noodle from Gorillaz (DARE Outfit.) I'll probably be dancing like a tard all day...

Jo_Canadian
12-02-2005, 11:04 AM
its nice to hear that im not going to be the only turk wandering the place

baka-chan
12-02-2005, 01:11 PM
So far it still looks like semi-warm(er) weather for Sunday (not that it matters much, but travel between the building and the bus station would be killer otherwise). But I've only been able to check Hamilton weather, so could some GTA people keep us posted on that? Cause if its gonna be really cold, I may switch Tohru for my friend's Kyo costume. Pants are warmer than a skirt, but if I can tolerate it I'd love to wear Tohru.

I've just checked Pulse 24 and Weather Network websites and so far they say it will be cloudy on Sunday.
High of 1, low of -4. P.O.P 30%

Kaido Kaoru
12-03-2005, 03:47 AM
ME ME......guess who I'm going as....

It ain't that hard!!!!

KAIDO KAORU!!!

bwahahahah

I just recently boughted a Inui Kitty Plushie and I wanna take a few pics as Kaido with it!!! ::NOSEBLEED:: I swear its ONLY for icon purposes!!!

Well Halfway throughout the day..I'm changing into Oishi.....

I mean NO ONE ever cosplays as the poor guy...
And after being informed that thats NOT a hat on his head and is actually his REAL hair...I can pull it off....

I like to cosplay anyone with green eyes so I dun have to result to contacts.. ::shivers:: In which both Oishi and Kaidoh have green eyes....might you Kaidoh's are darker then Oishi's but no one will say anything....::tennipuri rant over::

Gomen I'm posssesed lately!!!

Ja NE!!
See you all at DTAC!!!

~*~kaidoh~*~

chef_belegfea
12-03-2005, 06:29 AM
I've run into a problem... my sleep deprived brain came up with the idea at about 3:40 this morning, while moving home thearte equiptment onto thier shelf that I could do a Vader Claus (Darth Vader in Santa Suit) costume... so now I don't know if I should do Solid Snake, Vader Clause or Santa Snake...

Mlanie
12-03-2005, 09:38 AM

Brita_Lee
12-03-2005, 12:15 PM
Aaarg! I just found out I can't go. .>_<. Yeesh. Since none of my friends can come with me, the parentals don't like the idea of me goin' to Toronto alone. >_>' I'm how old now? Oh well, its not the end of the world. It would've been fun to go, but what can ya do?

ThePluth
12-03-2005, 01:03 PM
I usually always go to this con, I think this will be the first one I miss. I remember last years was pretty good. Kirby couldn't make it and got Matt Hill instead (his first con) and he was really funny. He even thanked me and my dad for going to his Q&A session when it was over and he headed over to do autographs (got him to sign my Gundam Seed Manga Vol 1). By the looks of it this years looks bigger then the last 2 combined (i remember the first one was in the middle of no where in the south building and was no bigger then a closet, which ive dubbed the closet con..lol). I would be going tomorrow but with night shift tomorrow night + lack of money + forgot it was tomorrow=no go this year. Hopefully things will work out better for '06. Hopefully I can make M-TAC but if not Anime North is my next con (so far away...lol) in which i have about a thousand costume ideas...lol, who kne cosplaying could be so addictive

kels
12-04-2005, 01:31 AM
i fail. joy.

im wearing cagallis civillian outfit from gundam seed destiny~.. not like anyone is really going to see this before they go to the con tho. heh..

Pompeii
12-05-2005, 04:15 PM
I went as Reno form FF AC,
I didnlt have to pay though cause f Con No Baka XD
I guress that's the upside though
But then again...
THEY TOK MEH BADGE!
DDD:

Amy the Yu
12-05-2005, 07:38 PM
THEY TOK MEH BADGE!
DDD:That peeved off a lot of us...

They wouldn't even accept our Dealers' Badges until some angry naggings later. Of all things, apparently random dealers badges were okay as were panelist badges, they refused my friend's main dealer pass form CnB right til the end...which is stupid cause that was the MAIN dealer pass. >_<

Yeah...whatever little bit of happiness Hobbystar gave me for the free attendance was completely ruined by their stupidity with the badges and how they wouldn't provide us with chairs and accused me of stealing a chair that one of the other dealers was nice enough to let me have. =_=

Next time I bring wacking stick to smack them with... >_> *peeved*

Matsuo_Sakamoto
12-15-2005, 03:39 PM
hi i didn't go to D-Tac however my friend (the yellow bunny with the giant flower) did and is now looking for the Choji from Oshawa if you know anything about this just email her at vampire_mistress_opelia@hotmail.com ok thank you

minion-chan
12-15-2005, 05:55 PM
Oh hey speaking of the badges, I like to keep them as souvaneirs as I know most of you guys do too, I was wondering if anyone who didn't go to D-TAC still had their badge and could scan a copy of it for me so I could add it to my collection... I was so sad when they took it from me D=

Otaking97
12-15-2005, 06:09 PM
I went to the con with two badges and they took my second one ( my buddy's who didn't go ) so I still have my original. It's the lame Sat paper one though so it looks like ass compared to the dealers/staff ones.