PDA

View Full Version : Project Sin: Sin City @ CNX06

Pages : [1] 2

Vicky
11-13-2005, 08:18 PM
WE ARE CURRENTLY LOOKING FOR A HARTIGAN COSPLAYER!!!

I'm organizing a contribution to a classic comic book by assembling a SIN CITY group cosplay! We're serious 18+ cosplayers who put together costumes and will be attending the 2006 Fan Expo Canada!

Our mandatory photoshoot is Friday night.
More information coming soon.

The following character may be available in the near future:

- Dwight (http://sin.prettypistol.com/#dwight)

For more information you can visit this site: http://sin.prettypistol.com/

TribalButterfly
11-14-2005, 08:44 AM
I've heard of quite a few people tinkering with the idea of cosplaying as Sin City Characters, so i'm sure you'll get a good responce, so long as this forum is still being visited.

I don't think that I am going to be one of them (because i'm already really booked with other cosplay ideas) But i MIGHT be able to supply the Photographer(s). I'll see what i can do for you, but it's kinda far from the date for me to give you any really committed responces (at least, not for free. I'm pretty sure they'd only be able to give you a definate yes THIS early in time if you were a paying client - that's why they're called profeshionals after all :p)
If they'd do it they'd most likely bring all of their studio equipment, and the photos would be outrageous wicked!
I've actually got a photoshoot lined up for myself on Sunday. It's not a cosplay one, but i'll still mention your idea and see if anyone's interested :)

Best of Luck!

Vicky
11-14-2005, 10:21 AM
I'll see what i can do for you, but it's kinda far from the date for me to give you any really committed responces (at least, not for free. I'm pretty sure they'd only be able to give you a definate yes THIS early in time if you were a paying client - that's why they're called profeshionals after all :p)
You're absolutely right.
*looks* Yep, I said professional photographer alright.
I guess that makes me a potential client, doesn't it? ;)

Thanks, I appriciate the help.

TribalButterfly
11-16-2005, 04:33 PM
You're absolutely right.
*looks* Yep, I said professional photographer alright.
I guess that makes me a potential client, doesn't it? ;)

Thanks, I appriciate the help.

Hey no problem! :) Just let me know when you have more details for me to pass onto them!

I know of ONE photographer for sure who should be there all 3 days - because he's my bf, and I force him to be there! Haha! But I'm sure i can get a bunch of them to come, so just let me know whatever details would be helpful whenever you can! :)

Vicky
11-19-2005, 02:31 AM
well i'd like to treat as more of an application for anyone who's interested. i'd like some sample photos, some sample work they've done in photoshop if possible, a brief description of what they feel they could uniquely contribute to a Sin City photoshoot. then i'd like to negotiate the wages based on what they're comfortable with. i'm fine with either fee per photo or pay by hour, or whatever they may have in mind. i'm not interested in physical prints but digital photos, I'd like at LEAST a 5 megapixel camera, preferably an SLR of the sorts.

the photoshoot will most likely be Friday night within walking distance of the Metro Convention Centre, so a photographer familiar with the area and some specific places in mind would help. I bit of a walk is okay but it would be unfair to ask everyone to walk great lengths. I'd like a series of group photos, small group photos, and a handfull of solo photos... preferably in various scenery and not just one... it helps if the photographer has seen Sin City and is familiar with the filmography used.

Oh yes! and they have to instruct the cosplayers. If there's one thing that irritates me in photoshoots is when people are too shy to tell the subject to put their chin up or something. I'm willing to help this as well, but a photographer should be able to invision the best result and make it happen.

is that enough information? i know it's kind of detailed but thats why i'm willing to pay XD i realize it is quite a bit to ask

TribalButterfly
11-19-2005, 07:57 AM
I'll pass this information onto them :)

One thing i have to note on, pro photographers don't regularly pose their models. In the real world (Advertisments, and such) they use to real models who have practiced their poses in the mirror on their own. That's why model's in advertising get paid so much.
Then you've got the stylists who worry about every hair being in place, and all the little details like that - SO it would be a good idea if the cosplayers were rehersed in what they wanted to do, and came equiped with ideas of their own on how to pose.
Sure, the photographer can suggest stuff, but it shouldn't be their sole responcibility - otherwise you're thinking of a "school photo photographer" who moves "your chin just so", and "your arm a little to the left" for one of those generic, uniform poses :p Haha!
It's not that they are "Too Shy" to say anything, (I'm sure that if they have any suggestions for improvment, they will voice them, but) it's just, That's not really THEIR job. That's the Model's job.
If my guys did it, they'd be expecting to see some enthusiasim, energy, and creativity from the cosplayers posing. You might wanna pass that message onto them :)

Also, you might want to come up with a few location Ideas yourself too. I'm not saying that they can't think of any but, really it's Your photoshoot, they're just the one taking the pictures. Where do you envision shooting this?
I'll ask them if they have any ideas though. :)

And, don;t worry about the quality of the cameras - state of the art, top of the line - all of it. Plus my boyfriend is a Photoshop master! It wouldn't be a problem to get down the Sin City style.

SO, i'll pass on the message and see if anyone's interested. :):):)

Vicky
11-19-2005, 11:46 PM
maybe if i was a photographer and had some kind of artistic ability, i would. but i don't. that's why i'm looking. if your photographer friends aren't interested in helping cosplayers pose then i'm not really interested in hiring them. thanks anyway :)

TribalButterfly
11-21-2005, 10:59 AM
No problem. I'll still pass on the message to them, just incase. :)

Vicky
11-21-2005, 11:05 AM
thanks! :)

Kohana
11-22-2005, 09:37 AM
I'd love to do a Miho costume.... but its a little early... I can make that more definite in the new year when I finalize all my plans for the con season

Vicky
11-22-2005, 11:36 AM
awesome, i hope you consider it :)

i just posted it so early because a lot of people already have their costume schedule in the works :)

MaiSheri
11-22-2005, 12:58 PM
Like Kohana I won't know FOR SURE about whether I'm going to be at CN until January, so I'll let you know/send in an app. as soon as I do.... but I would love to be Goldie/wendy!!!

heki-chan
11-22-2005, 03:38 PM
A good friend of mine is a kickass photographer! (online portfolio: http://photography.solartempest.net )

He's most likely coming with me to AnimeNorth to do some test shots for anyone who is interested in hiring him for a full shoot in the summertime/afterwards. ^_^

Vicky
11-22-2005, 10:04 PM
MellowUnicorn~ oh you would make such a GREAT Goldie! ^____^ Please, keep me updated! I hope you will be able to come!!

Heki-chan~ wow i really like his photos! Could you please ask him if he might interested to do a photoshoot on Friday of CNX? Thank you so much!

Kohana
11-23-2005, 06:47 AM
I've been looking at some character designs (its been a while since I seen them)... now I think I'm debating between Miho and Gail... but thats a whole lot of nekid...lol....but since the photoshoot is on the Friday its very likely I will be doing a cosplay from Sin City...

Does anyone have any links for pictures of the characters?

chaos_magician
11-23-2005, 11:16 AM
Kohana might have beat me to it but I would love to go as Miho since she's my fav Sin character but it all depends on if I finish my other costumes in time...I could probably pull off Lucille because my hair length and cut are similar to hers...

Vicky
11-23-2005, 01:30 PM
Well the only "officially taken" characters are posted on the site... So everyone other than Becky and Nancy are available, really. But I will wait a month or two before I decide who can who. Which is why I've opened this topic, to get people aware of it so they can start thinking about who they want to be :) I just would hate to give the character to someone and then find out a month before the con they can't make it :(

As for pictures of the characters, i have some pics on the website: http://sin.prettypistol.com/
If you would like larger, more detailed photos than what google can provide, I will be more than happy to take additional, large size, screen captures from the DVD :) Just let me know! I just didn't want to put the big ones on the site and then next thing I know all my bandwidth is gone XD

rox_my_sox
11-23-2005, 03:10 PM
I'll be for sure doing either Nancy or Wendy(goldies twin)

Vicky
11-23-2005, 11:36 PM
I'll be for sure doing either Nancy or Wendy(goldies twin)

Sorry, Nancy is taken right now :)
Of course, you're welcome to cosplay whoever you'd like, but for this group and photoshoot I'd like to have only one of each character. Thank you for your interest! Check out the site for more information: http://sin.prettypistol.com/

Kohana
11-23-2005, 11:37 PM
okay, I think I'm leaning more toward Gail now if anything.... SO yea so Miho is up for grabs so to speak... eventhough nothing is really final...

Vicky
11-23-2005, 11:47 PM
Kohana~ I'm glad that you're interested in Gail! I know she's a risky character to take so I was worried no one would want her :( Keep me posted on your decision ^_^

And just to let everyone else know, I'm so glad that you're all interested! Right now I'm formulating a list of people who were interested in certain characters, so I can't guarentee you will all get who you want to be.
If you know you're interested, please tell me so that I can add you to the list and notify you immediately. I'm really sorry to be so exclusive, but I'd rather have one of each character for the photoshoot than 10 Miho's and maybe 3 other characters, if you know what I mean :)

Thanks again for all your interest, I hope you will all keep in touch!

Kohana
11-24-2005, 08:29 PM
Kohana~ I'm glad that you're interested in Gail! I know she's a risky character to take so I was worried no one would want her :( Keep me posted on your decision ^_^

And just to let everyone else know, I'm so glad that you're all interested! Right now I'm formulating a list of people who were interested in certain characters, so I can't guarentee you will all get who you want to be.
If you know you're interested, please tell me so that I can add you to the list and notify you immediately. I'm really sorry to be so exclusive, but I'd rather have one of each character for the photoshoot than 10 Miho's and maybe 3 other characters, if you know what I mean :)

Thanks again for all your interest, I hope you will all keep in touch!

Yes, my friend kinda encouraged me into doing Gail....Gail is indeed a rare character so all the more reason to cosplay her... but I may end up modifying the bottom a little bit so I can feel a little more comfortable....This looks like this group will be really nice and I think I may have found a possible Dwight XD

Vicky
11-25-2005, 09:54 AM
This looks like this group will be really nice and I think I may have found a possible Dwight XD

Yaye awesome! Shall I put you on the list then? ^_^

Kohana
11-25-2005, 10:42 AM
Yaye awesome! Shall I put you on the list then? ^_^

yea sure go ahead I ploted out my whole schedule for the rest of the year and everything is working out rather nicely... I only have one other thing and that is planned for Saturday...so Friday is excellent for my schedule... I will get back to you about the Dwight though! [he needs more convincing] :D

rox_my_sox
11-25-2005, 10:25 PM
I've decided I'm doing nancy but not for CN I decided to do shellie for CN :D

Vicky
11-26-2005, 01:31 AM
Awesome Kohana, i'm updating the site now! You're officially Gail ^_^ Thanks SO much for taking the interest in joining, could you please email me (vicky @ prettypistol.com) so that I have your email address to send detailed information to ^_^ thanks again, i'm looking forward to seeing your costume~!!! Stay in touch! :)

Kohana
11-26-2005, 08:46 PM
Awesome Kohana, i'm updating the site now! You're officially Gail ^_^ Thanks SO much for taking the interest in joining, could you please email me (vicky @ prettypistol.com) so that I have your email address to send detailed information to ^_^ thanks again, i'm looking forward to seeing your costume~!!! Stay in touch! :)

okay no problem.... I'll send the email now... now the shopping for pleather begins... but I was wondering about the mid section area on Gail's oufit....I'm not sure if its metal mesh... or fabric.....

Vicky
11-27-2005, 01:57 AM
I was wondering about the mid section area on Gail's oufit....I'm not sure if its metal mesh... or fabric.....

I couldn't imagine it being metal mesh, to be honest ^^; I think fabric mesh is your best bet! let me know if you'd like detailed caps of any parts of her get up and i'll gladly take them for you ^^

Kohana
11-27-2005, 08:43 AM
I couldn't imagine it being metal mesh, to be honest ^^; I think fabric mesh is your best bet! let me know if you'd like detailed caps of any parts of her get up and i'll gladly take them for you ^^

Oh really! thank you.... I don't have access to the movie... and the internet doesn't have many references...so if I can get a few more pics I will be forever grateful! XD

Vicky
11-27-2005, 01:13 PM
Not a problem! Any part of her costume in particular for now? You can ask me for reference photos up until the con so there's no rush, whatever part you're working on and would like a reference is fine with me :)

Kohana
11-28-2005, 03:39 PM
yea right now I'm wondering about the back... I havent found a decent pic of it yet :(

Vicky
12-05-2005, 10:08 PM
Update! Goldie has been filled! :)
I will be updating the website on the weekend.

Kohana~ Yeah I can cap the back, no problem ^_^ It'll have to wait for the weekend, that ok?

Kohana
12-05-2005, 10:19 PM
nooooooo problem.... I'm still hunting for pleather... school is basically done for now so I have some time get the materials together now, while I still have money...lol

TribalButterfly
12-06-2005, 07:30 AM
Do you think you guys are going to prefoorm a skit for this in the masq too?

Vicky
12-06-2005, 01:02 PM
I haven't presented the idea because I don't want to be asking too much of participators and scare them off from joining ^^; If anyone's interested I'm open to suggestions, and will be presenting the possibility in the next email.

Jo_Canadian
12-08-2005, 09:10 AM
yea count me in vicky, i would prolly be the only marv walking around the con, you know painted grey and all

Vicky
12-10-2005, 01:14 PM
Kohana~ This was the best of her back that I could find :(

Kohana
12-11-2005, 11:18 PM
ahhh... I see... thanks SO MUCH!!... now I have a better idea of what to do... oh and I think I managed to find another O-town girl... my friend is seriously considering Dallas I think her name is... the one w/ the Zorro hat and mask...lol

Vicky
12-13-2005, 10:21 AM
Yeah that's Dallas!
Awesome keep me updated :)

Vicky
12-17-2005, 03:11 PM
Hey everybody ^_^
Just an update! I am still accepting applications for the following characters:

Bob
Dwight
Hartigan
Jackie Boy
Kevin
Lucille
Manute
Shellie
The Customer
Yellow Bastard

I also still need Kadie's and Old Town Girls ^_^
The website has been updated: http://sin.prettypistol.com/
For the next update I will be adding two more characters: Dallas and The Salesman.
If anyone's interested, please let me know! ^^

Killmesarah
12-19-2005, 12:43 AM
I'll take Lucielle.... its still open, and that's the one I wanted anyways ^^;

heki-chan
12-19-2005, 04:57 AM
Is Miho taken yet? =3 =3

Kohana
12-19-2005, 10:12 PM
on Vicky's site its says she's not accepting anymore applications for Miho... I'm not sure if that is means that it has been filled OR something else... >.> (la la I'm not much help)

hopefully it all work out... you'd be an awesome Miho XD

heki-chan
12-19-2005, 10:13 PM
Oh thanks for telling me! Should've checked the site first! XD XD

mikcy
12-20-2005, 09:25 AM
I'm thinking about "The Customer" since I'm willing to cut my hair that short and dye it blonde. I tend to have short..ish hair, but this year I"m growing it super long, so I wouldn't mind cutting it wayyy too short by then. :3

Wage
12-20-2005, 02:09 PM
Hey, I'm up for Dwight if he has not been taken yet. Just let me know!

Kohana
12-20-2005, 06:46 PM
Hey, I'm up for Dwight if he has not been taken yet. Just let me know!

lol, YAY! you're going as Gail's lust buddy *_*....

Wage
12-20-2005, 06:57 PM
lol, YAY! you're going as Gail's lust buddy *_*....

Haha, indeed! I hope, for your sake Kohana, that it's a warm day when we have to wear these outfits.

Kohana
12-20-2005, 07:05 PM
Haha, indeed! I hope, for your sake Kohana, that it's a warm day when we have to wear these outfits.

LOL yes... the nekkidness!...LOL... I'll just have to name you official body warmer... LOL jks... I'm such a goof XD

Wage
12-20-2005, 07:43 PM
LOL yes... the nekkidness!...LOL... I'll just have to name you official body warmer... LOL jks... I'm such a goof XD

body warmer? Why that just happens to be one of my special skills!

TribalButterfly
12-20-2005, 09:54 PM
Wage, YOU're in on this??? This is geting more and more interesting!!! :)

Vicky
12-20-2005, 10:06 PM
Miho has not been filled but there is quite a line up right now. However, there's a bit of a technicality with Miho, I'll PM you with more information, Heki :) I hope that you'll still consider it!

memisama, I'm glad that you're considering the customer, she's a wonderful character and I'll be happy to provide you will screen shots to assist you in the creation :)
Keep me posted!

Sarah-san, I'll keep you posted on Lucielle :)

Wage, I got your email! I'm looking over your photos right now and I'll let you know soon :)

Kohana
12-22-2005, 11:46 AM
ohhh this group is shaping up well... I dont think my Dallas has has emailed you yet... ummmm... her cosplay.com ID is "Kikoro" .....okay that is all

Vicky
12-22-2005, 07:55 PM
no she has not.
she could PM me or something if she'd prefer o_O

Kohana
12-22-2005, 11:12 PM
boo, she's such a silly goose...I'll make sure she'll get to it before someone comes along and claims Dallas...

Golden_Fox
12-23-2005, 05:57 PM
just letting you know that I would like the part of yellow bastard I have sent you(vicky) an email but have gotten no response

Vicky
12-25-2005, 11:44 PM
Golden Fox, you didn't get my email? Jeeze, here I was waiting for a response! *LOL* thanks for letting me know, I'm re-responding now :)

Wage
12-26-2005, 01:23 AM
Yeah, I think I was in the same boat as Golden_Fox, because I have gotten no e-mail or PM yet. THANKS!

Vicky
12-28-2005, 01:19 PM
The website has been updated! http://sin.prettypistol.com/
I added two characters to the list: Dallas, and The Salesman.

The following characters are still available:
- Bob
- Dallas
- Hartigan
- Jackie Boy
- Kevin
- Manute
- Shellie
- The Salesman

The following characters are pending, but I'm still accepting applications:
- Lucille
- The Customer

And, of course, I'm always looking for Kadie's Waitresses and Old Town girls :)

Vicky
01-05-2006, 10:25 PM
I hate to double post but the site has been updated again!
http://sin.prettypistol.com/

The following characters are still available:
- Bob
- Dallas
- Hartigan
- Jackie Boy
- Kevin
- Lucille
- Manute
- Shellie
- The Salesman

rox_my_sox
02-17-2006, 03:22 PM
*points to self* SHELLIE!!!! XD

Vicky
02-17-2006, 07:29 PM
Yes I got your message :) I'll be updating the page soon as well as this topic. I'm also sending out an email to everyone with more information as soon as I finalize a few things.
Thanks for your interest in joining, and welcome to the team :)

Vicky
03-15-2006, 07:29 AM
I updated the website. I had to sit tight on a few people and wait for confirmations. As it gets closer to the convention I may remove some characters from the cast list to fill more important characters faster.
The essential characters I need are: Hartigan, Kevin, The Salesman.

The full list:

MALES:
- Bob
- Hartigan
- Jackie Boy
- Kevin
- Manute
- The Salesman

FEMALES:
- Dallas
- Lucille

Vicky
03-20-2006, 07:02 AM
Ack! My email isn't working anymore! My apologies to anyone who has been trying to get a hold of me!! You can PM me here or email me at

bewitchingchild @ hotmail.com

Vicky
03-26-2006, 12:07 PM
Big update to the website! I need more guys! http://sin.prettypistol.com/
The essential characters needed are: Hartigan, Kevin.

The full list:

MALES:
- Bob (http://sin.prettypistol.com/#bob)
- Hartigan (http://sin.prettypistol.com/#hartigan)
- Jackie Boy (http://sin.prettypistol.com/#jack)
- Kevin (http://sin.prettypistol.com/#kevin)
- Manute (http://sin.prettypistol.com/#manute)

FEMALES:
- Kadie's Bar waitresses (http://sin.prettypistol.com/#kadie)

MaiSheri
03-26-2006, 06:37 PM
Wow, so close to a full group, and the con's still a good 5 months away.... I'd say it's going quite well ^_^
I've been on the lookout for things I'll need (patterns and fabrics, etc)for a while now, but won't be officially starting the sewing until after my AN costumes are done. I'm really looking forward to this group, though!

Kohana
06-02-2006, 08:14 AM
yay, now AN is over I can focus on this cosplay! hopefully the same thing won't happend with my AN cosplays w/ everything going wrong at the last minute T_T

Vicky
06-02-2006, 08:18 AM
hehe, yes now that AN is over I'll be emailing everyone reference photos from a "Making of Sin City" book I bought. It has full body shots of everyone's costumes and details on how things were made. I'll probably be emailing everyone when I clear up a few things (and i have to get the website back online... hmmm... I think I'll do that right now actually) and then send out individual emails.

We still have a few characters open of the primary characters as well :)

rox_my_sox
06-02-2006, 09:43 AM
I talked to jackie boy and ya he is still in for it.

Vicky
06-02-2006, 03:56 PM
What's his email address so that I can add him to the mailing list :)
And possibly a URL of a website or anything, if he has one?

heki-chan
06-02-2006, 11:09 PM
hehe, yes now that AN is over I'll be emailing everyone reference photos from a "Making of Sin City" book I bought. It has full body shots of everyone's costumes and details on how things were made. I'll probably be emailing everyone when I clear up a few things (and i have to get the website back online... hmmm... I think I'll do that right now actually) and then send out individual emails.

We still have a few characters open of the primary characters as well :)

*o* OMgggg that would be so helpful! XD I bought the special edition DVD but it only has a 5 second shot of Miho :(

Vicky
06-03-2006, 12:43 PM
I'm all over it, Heki! I have some really awesome ones of Miho in that book, actually

I just updated the website, kiddies!
http://sin.prettypistol.com/

The only essential character left is:
Kevin

We're still interested in Old Town Girls and Kadie's Bar Waitresses

Cole
06-04-2006, 10:04 PM
Well, I think I have the right look for Kevin, but I haven't actually seen the movie and only read a few of the comics. I can probably see the movie and make his costume in time since it seems simple enough. Though you'd probably want someone with a little more background knowledge about the character ^^;

rox_my_sox
06-05-2006, 02:33 PM
Well, I think I have the right look for Kevin, but I haven't actually seen the movie and only read a few of the comics. I can probably see the movie and make his costume in time since it seems simple enough. Though you'd probably want someone with a little more background knowledge about the character ^^;

PM vicky about it....you might want to send some pics and such too cuz ya.. you should pick up the movie for sure then youll know enough about kevin to do the character properly.

Vicky
06-06-2006, 08:21 AM
Only apply if you're actually interested in doing it though, don't do anybody any favours, lol

rox_my_sox
06-06-2006, 10:07 PM
thats true, cuz if someone backs out last minute that would totally suck.

Cole
06-08-2006, 05:44 AM
Well I was just thinking that you need a Kevin to complete your group, I would like to add a few more costumes to my completed list, I'm going to be there anyway, and Kevin seems like an interesting character. I was even thinking about making a fake severed hand with a bite taken out of it to pose with ^^
Also, none of my friends will be going to CNAnime since they spent most of their money at AN, and I would really like a group to hang out with ^^

Oh and here's a pic of me (I badly need a haircut ^^;; ). I think I got a sorta Kevin-ish look ^^

Vicky
06-08-2006, 01:47 PM
I'm sold :D I think you'll make an awesome Kevin, Cole!
Welcome to the group!!
I'll need your email address to add you to the mailing list :) You can PM me if you'd like to avoid posting it here.

Well everyone, we now have a full cast!
If anyone is interested in characters not on the website, feel free to post! I'm updating the website right now and everyone will finally get an update email! We'll continue to use this topic for communication and updates :)

Vicky
06-16-2006, 09:05 AM
It's come to my attention that Pippin is on Friday night, this interfere's with our photoshoot. who was hoping to see him?

Cole
06-17-2006, 01:38 PM
Pippin was never one of my favorites, so it doesn't bother me at all ^^ Though in case there is a change, I will be available anytime during the weekend.
I should mention though that I won't be able to be Kevin all weekend long. I have another costume I'd like to wear as well. I hope that's okay with you all. I don't have any specific days planned for my costumes, so whatever day you guys pic is fine with me ^^

Vicky
06-20-2006, 10:15 AM
The gathering will still happen on Friday, there's just some concern as to what time... the time for Pippin, I don't believe, has been posted and probably wont be until the convention starts so I'm not really sure how to do this @_@

MaiSheri
06-20-2006, 11:56 PM
I don't know if this helps at all or not, but I for one was not planning to see him... so that's one person to not have to worry about

Vicky
06-21-2006, 06:29 AM
Yeah so far only one person has mentioned it ^^;

rox_my_sox
06-21-2006, 09:59 AM
Hartigen, jackie boy, old town girls x2(possiblie 3), and I, will not be going to see pippin.

Kohana
06-21-2006, 01:12 PM
I think my sister wants to see him... but she'll be off with her own friends so I wont need to play tag along... :)

Vicky
06-27-2006, 02:19 PM
Okay great :)

I sent everyone the first email, along with attached reference photos! If you didn't get the email, let me know and I'll re-send it. I goofed on the attachments so I got a lot of failed ones come back to me ^^;

Let me know if you found the reference photos helpful!

rox_my_sox
07-05-2006, 11:39 AM
The pictures definately helped me alot ^_^ thx

mikcy
07-05-2006, 01:57 PM
Sadly, I haven't received one. ;(

I can't wait to do this weee. <3

Kohana
07-16-2006, 09:57 PM
thanx for the pictures they helped a lot... but I'm having a hard time finding the metal attachments that I need... TT_TT ... blargh

Vicky
07-17-2006, 07:48 PM
Memisama, I actually don't have any photos of your character, sadly :(
I'll doublecheck my book and keep you posted, but that's probably why you didn't get an email. I also made sure you were on the list, and you are, so you'll definately be getting the next email! Thanks for notifying me!

Kohana, I'm glad the photos helped! What metal attachments are you talking about, the studs or the metal circles that attach the strips? I can help you look if you let me know what exactly you're looking for ^^;

As a general update, I contacted our photographer to get my first estimate on how much the shoot will cost me. The reason being that I've contacted a make-up artist as well, who's interested in doing everyone's makeup for a faily cheap price! (Well, except Yellow Bastard, of course! hehe) I thought that'd be a nice perk for everyone as well :)
I will be uploading all the photos, with watermarks of the photographer, onto my Cosplay.com gallery, as well as on my PhotoBucket account, so you'll all have access to those photos (in their full sizes, rather than the small cosplay.com ones).
I'll be sending out an email when I have confirmations, to notify everyone how many poses I expect you all to practice beforehand ^_^

rox_my_sox
07-18-2006, 10:46 AM
ooo that sounds awsome! I can't wait ^_^

Kohana
07-20-2006, 12:00 AM
Kohana, I'm glad the photos helped! What metal attachments are you talking about, the studs or the metal circles that attach the strips? I can help you look if you let me know what exactly you're looking for ^^;

yea the metal circles and the little belt attachments...I havent been able to find any of those things anywhere...and its driving me nuts @_@

Vicky
07-20-2006, 07:41 AM
Ok, I think I know of a few places that might carry them. I'll do a little bit of looking around this week and I'll let you know what I find. How many do you think you'll need? I'll try to find the best sized ones that I can, or the closest to XD

rox_my_sox
07-20-2006, 01:02 PM
um I picked up some circles that size for my ouka costume but they are too small for what i need I found out.....if your talking about the circles on gales leg srap things, like that size. because just tell me how many you need and i can mail them to you. Thought they are gold colored so i think gales are silver so you can just spray paint them.....pm me or add me to msn turtle_handshake@hotmail.com if you want (cuz its not like youd post a mail adress on here or anything)

Kohana
07-20-2006, 03:54 PM
um I picked up some circles that size for my ouka costume but they are too small for what i need I found out.....if your talking about the circles on gales leg srap things, like that size. because just tell me how many you need and i can mail them to you. Thought they are gold colored so i think gales are silver so you can just spray paint them.....pm me or add me to msn turtle_handshake@hotmail.com if you want (cuz its not like youd post a mail adress on here or anything)

YAY! thanks! I need about 20 of them for the entire costume... I will email you tonight with my information...thanks again...

Ok, I think I know of a few places that might carry them. I'll do a little bit of looking around this week and I'll let you know what I find. How many do you think you'll need? I'll try to find the best sized ones that I can, or the closest to XD

I guess right now all that is left is the belt attachments I havent been able to find those at all...

mikcy
07-22-2006, 04:00 PM
Ah, it's okay. XD I was sure I'd get no pictures, but I don't really need any since the movie shows enough of it. :D

VickyBunnyAngel
07-26-2006, 12:57 AM
Ooh I'm anticipating the email with the poses. Sorry this is kind of late, but thanks for the ref pictures and a bit of background info on the picture captions. Seeing the guns up close also made it easier to discern what kind of toy gun to buy. =)

Vicky
08-03-2006, 11:31 AM
I'm glad you found it helpful, Vicky ^^

I'm actually on a bit of a hunt myself.
I'm going down to the fashion district soon to grab some of that leathery-material (hopefully I find some!) but I'm at a complete loss of where to find those old school studding guns. I know Minako Labelle should know where to get some, but I thought I'd ask if anyone else does too ^^

Cole
08-04-2006, 08:33 AM
Just to keep everyone updating on how Kevin is comming along. I have the shoes and the pants, and I just got the fabric for the striped shirt he wears under the sweater. I'm still looking for fabric with the right shine for the sweater itself. Fabricland doesn't seem to carry any black PVC at all. So far I've only been able to find it online and I don't think I'd be able to get it here in time, so if anyone knows a place that sells it, please let me know ^^;

rox_my_sox
08-04-2006, 09:25 AM
Just to keep everyone updating on how Kevin is comming along. I have the shoes and the pants, and I just got the fabric for the striped shirt he wears under the sweater. I'm still looking for fabric with the right shine for the sweater itself. Fabricland doesn't seem to carry any black PVC at all. So far I've only been able to find it online and I don't think I'd be able to get it here in time, so if anyone knows a place that sells it, please let me know ^^;

maybe try the store bouclair?

misplaced
08-04-2006, 10:23 AM

Don't worry i'm not trolling, I may be your MUA for the shoot :P Anyway, try Queen Street's MacFab or even Chu Xing (It's an asian run store, obviously XD). MacFab has amazing selection and it's one of my fav. stores :)

Vicky
08-06-2006, 04:09 PM
I'm going to heading to the fashion district in downtown Toronto soon to buy some material for my Becky costume myself, I can keep an eye open for black PVC if you'd like and let you know what store(s) may have it in stock :)

Or I could pick some up for you if you haven't found any when you go?
I'll post here when I know what day I'm going for sure ^^;

Mujitsu
08-08-2006, 12:07 PM
gl, hope to see the group there

VickyBunnyAngel
08-09-2006, 12:01 AM
I'm glad you found it helpful, Vicky ^^

but I'm at a complete loss of where to find those old school studding guns. I know Minako Labelle should know where to get some, but I thought I'd ask if anyone else does too ^^

OMG! I forgot about studs..I had planned to glue them on initially, but do you need a studding gun?

Vicky
08-09-2006, 10:59 AM
yeah i do ^^; I don't think glue would work very well...

misplaced
08-09-2006, 11:28 AM
Depending on what fabric you use, studs may not work too well. VickyBunny you can try hot gluing them if you're tacking them to asurface that has actual fibers annd not something like PVC.

I'm sorry i keep checking back here because it's going to be sooo cool :D

Vicky
08-09-2006, 12:34 PM
Well the material of Becky's clothing is something like a leather material. So I'm hoping to find some kind of pleather when I head downtown, so I'm not sure if hot glue would hold onto it not. It probably would but not for very long, especially in the heat and humidity we've been having...

And it's okay that you check this topic :) You may be as much a part of the group as the rest of us! Btw, I'm just waiting for my photographer to respond to my latest email. I promise I will keep you posted when I get the numbers worked out for my budget ^_^

misplaced
08-09-2006, 03:07 PM
Well the material of Becky's clothing is something like a leather material. So I'm hoping to find some kind of pleather when I head downtown, so I'm not sure if hot glue would hold onto it not. It probably would but not for very long, especially in the heat and humidity we've been having...

And it's okay that you check this topic :) You may be as much a part of the group as the rest of us! Btw, I'm just waiting for my photographer to respond to my latest email. I promise I will keep you posted when I get the numbers worked out for my budget ^_^

Oh true, she does. I'm sorry, I overlooked that it seems. Never underestimate the strength of thermal plastics is what I say but you're right, with this heat it may weaken the plastic. Thank god its not nearly hot enought for it to actually *melt*. I can almost assure you the hot glue will hold as long as you don't run yourself against... say... a tree? A studding gun however will help if you plan on selling the outfit though, I'm guessing.

Oh no, no worries. I got your PM a while ago explaining things :D Kevin i found is a very busy guy and sometimes it took him quite a while to get back to me. I found emailing him a second time after a long period of absence helped. I was SO excited when I heard that he was the photographer for this project. Vicky I do want to let you know that because of issues that have come up in my life, I would be willing to cut my price/give you a flat price for everyone etc. Just fyi :)

I would love to hear what everyone's status on their costumes is... you've got a GREAT group of people here :D

rox_my_sox
08-09-2006, 08:50 PM
shellie bra done for anyone wishing to see
(18+) ....j/k no boobs. :P
http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=802503
(bad picture, the colorings a bit off in the pic)
har har har
I'm starting/finishing the underpants tonight too and I'll probaly have the dress shirt done tomarrow.

2 old town girls costumes are also done, no pics yet....I need to buy a digital ><; that pic was thanks to the crum bum web cam.

*first shellie cosplayer ever* (that i know of) *feels special..and a little sassy* lmao..ok im done....

misplaced
08-09-2006, 11:32 PM
EEE!! I get more and more excited as the time draws nearer DUM DUM DUM

Killmesarah
08-10-2006, 03:02 AM
Just an FYI- hot glue will NOT hold on pleather. Even if it seems like it will, everything you glue will gradually fall off.
I only know this because my friends used hot glue on snaps and beads at Katsu. The person wearing the costume didn't go outside at all (and it was air-con inside) and everything that was hot glued completly fell off anyways. =(

misplaced
08-10-2006, 10:47 AM
Thanks Killmesarah for the clearing up ^^ That's what I meant, it will hold but things will eventually fall off because there's no nap for it to hold onto on the fabric. That's when the studding gun comes on :D You'll be reapplying studs a LOT if you glue 'em is what I was trying to say.

Thank again for helping me clear that up!

Vicky
08-10-2006, 01:03 PM
yeah thanks oneesama :D
i still haven't found a studding gun (feels the pressure lol), although i did go downtown and found a pleasant little fabric shop with all kinds of pleather and PVC! I spent a lot of money on hard-to-find fabric there, but i know where i'm going from now on XD

heki-chan
08-10-2006, 06:46 PM
Would a bedazzler work? Micheals has those for $30 a pop, but get the flyer, there is a 40% off coupon

Killmesarah
08-10-2006, 07:07 PM
A bedazzler would work, although it can be a bit of a pain to pierce through the fabric, depending on how thick it is.
I actually still have a a bedazzler~ dammit, too bad I can`t lend it to you, V!! =\

Vicky
08-10-2006, 07:32 PM
LOL that's okay x_x
Since I'm piercing through a kind of pleather, I doubt that a Bedazzler would work very well. But I talked with Minako Labelle who is like, goddess to studding, and she hooked me up with some sites so I bought the studs I need online :D I can't wait for them to come in o_o
THANKS MINAKO-CHAN~!!!!

misplaced
08-10-2006, 07:37 PM
EE! Glad to see things are moving on along. Best of luck studding!

Vicky
08-11-2006, 08:45 AM
Okay everyone, some things are getting settled so I'll be contacting everyone soon! Yoshiko, I also sent you a PM :)

Vicky
08-12-2006, 04:21 PM
Okay everybody, I just sent the email out.
And yeah, I definately sent it out twice -_- The first time I didn't realize that I was currently in my work account when I sent it. So I re-sent it under my personal account ^^;
Let me know if you did not get the email!!

VickyBunnyAngel
08-12-2006, 06:56 PM
Thx for the email! Me so pumped now woohoo!

Thx Misplaced, Vicky and Killsmesarah for the advice on studding. Guess i'll have to find a studding gun too :( I really have to see what I can do with the time I have left

on a brighter note I found a good cowboy hat, and perfect guns w/ holsters from wal mart! Then came in a set of two! ^o^ Double score!

misplaced
08-12-2006, 09:28 PM
@VickyBunnyAngel: Sweeeet, i'm glad to hear that!! Best of luck utilising the time that's left!

MaiSheri
08-13-2006, 01:46 AM
hi everyone

Wanted to say I got the email and will try to come up with lots of poses... we'll see how I do *crosses fingers*

Also sorry for not having any updates or progress photos or anything so far - unfortunately I had to leave my house at the beginning of August to a mould problem, so I haven't gotten nearly as much sewing done as I would like. Fortunately I will have acess to my mother's sewing machine next week, so I will have things rolling soon. will post progress photos as soon as I have more accomplished than a pile of fabric ^_^

Vicky
08-13-2006, 08:43 AM
VickyBunnyAngel~
Well Minako-chan told me about Rivets, if that helps. You make a hole in the fabric, push the rivet through, and it comes with a cap that you gently tap with a hammer and boom, it's done :D
I ordered some from a website but it didn't give me the option to change my shipping preferences until AFTER I paid for it, and when I emailed them asking if it was okay that I changed it, I never got a response @_@;

mellowunicorn~
Hey no worries! I know we're all busy right now :D
Just saying hi is great so we know you're still around and still in the group, rather than trying to ignore us or something hahahaha... *coff* not that you would, of course XD
Good luck, we look forward to seeing them~! ^_________________^

VickyBunnyAngel
08-13-2006, 07:47 PM
Vicky- Yeaa rivets, I was looking into that, or buttons that looked like metal studs (my last resort..it's kind of expensive for a set of 3, and if I cleaned out Wal-mart's entire stock i'd only get 12 XD) Haha let's all get together and have an embellishing party :P j/k j/k

mellowunicorn- Ack! Mould sucks. Church basement has the same problem :( Hope everything is a lot better

rox_my_sox
08-14-2006, 11:05 AM
you can get rivet gun thingys, I have one lol sorry I dont know what they are called but they are at like home hardware and such lol.....it punches the hole and puts it in. its really easy to use:) it was like....$14.99? something like that.

Vicky
08-14-2006, 08:18 PM
O_O
Really?!

Btw, I haven't gotten any emails from anyone about make-up, was my email confusing to anyone?

VickyBunnyAngel
08-14-2006, 10:40 PM
Oooh sorry Vicky! I forgot to reply about that part...mb everyone else did too:P sooo sorry. Well for rivets I have this metal rod looking tool that came with a multipurpose craft tool kit.
http://www.quietfiredesign.com/Insight/settingrivets.htm
seen on this page.

misplaced
08-15-2006, 12:04 AM
@VickyBunnyAngel: I've used that method before and I found it to be very easy :)

@Vicky: LOL seriously? Awww I feel so unloved :P

rox_my_sox
08-15-2006, 08:35 AM
sorry! been buisy, I broke my toe :| but ill still be at CN even if its not healed....I'll just be a lil gimpy.
but yes, I'd like my makeup done ^_^ *fails at doing makeup* and if hartigen could to that'd be great, cuz I was gonna do it but I kind of fail when it comes to that.

misplaced
08-15-2006, 08:47 AM
@rox: God you did WHAT?? I know how painful that is >< Best wishes on the speedy healing of that! And yes that's what i'm there for :P Did you want the runny crying make-up your character has after a while? :P Or am I assuming right that you want the non-running version.

As for Hartigen, i'll do him too :P Though, I don't know what else I could do other than shine protect him and give him some powder.

Cole
08-15-2006, 12:05 PM
I know that there isn't really any makeup required for Kevin, but I would like to get some done, if I could. I have a few freckles that really should be hidden to be a more accurate Kevin, if it's even possible to hide them with regular makeup ^^;

rox_my_sox
08-15-2006, 12:27 PM
@rox: God you did WHAT?? I know how painful that is >< Best wishes on the speedy healing of that! And yes that's what i'm there for :P Did you want the runny crying make-up your character has after a while? :P Or am I assuming right that you want the non-running version.

As for Hartigen, i'll do him too :P Though, I don't know what else I could do other than shine protect him and give him some powder.

thanks ^_^ what ever makeup you think would look better for shellie would be fine ^_^
and for hartigens scar, how should i go about doing that? I'm at his house this week so im going to try some stuff.

misplaced
08-15-2006, 02:11 PM
I know that there isn't really any makeup required for Kevin, but I would like to get some done, if I could. I have a few freckles that really should be hidden to be a more accurate Kevin, if it's even possible to hide them with regular makeup ^^;

I've already thought about you, promise ^^ I can lighten freckles but the budget given hasn't given me the chance to get super covering make-up. For all the guys I have a game plan set out for you all already :)

As for the scar on Hartigen, you could either try gelatin or you can go to theatrical stores like Malabar on Queen Street (right off Osgoode station) and show them what you want to do and then, they'll gladly assist you ^^

Vicky
08-16-2006, 11:09 AM
boys are totally welcomed! I think shine reduction would be recommended to everyone at least o_o

misplaced
08-16-2006, 03:29 PM
Thank you to Vicki who's reiterated my thoughts exactly. Come onnn... if the woman who got us all together says you need it... YOU NEED IT ;)

Kohana
08-17-2006, 11:47 PM
O_O
Really?!

Btw, I haven't gotten any emails from anyone about make-up, was my email confusing to anyone?

oh yea I think I need to get my make-up done I attempted the smokey eye thing that Gail does but its not working out as I expected..lol... should I just email you directly...

Vicky
08-18-2006, 11:19 AM
Email or here is fine! I'm making a list to give to misplaced :)

MaiSheri
08-18-2006, 12:14 PM
Well, I'd like my makeup done ^_^ Or partially done, whatever the deal is. Email me if we need to discuss.

misplaced
08-18-2006, 05:19 PM
Hey you all!

I'm your make-up artist for this shoot. I'm known as misplaced here on Cosplay.com but my real name is Yoshiko so feel free to just call me that. Or for my english name (which i respond to maybe more *coughs*), Alma.

These are all the your characters for the duration of the shoot and even though i've looked over most characters, anyone who wants their make-up done is strongly urged to post here with an idea of what they would like to have done. I will exercise modest artististic freedom while utilising your visions.

So far all the guys save for the yellow character will be taken care of, by me. You guys will have basic translucent powder applied to your faces with eyebrow fixing here and there, colour correction and supply of shine killing powders and papers.

All the girls will have basic colour correction done- I DO suggest that you bring your *own* preferred/favourite foundation if you feel you need it.

**If not, most if not all girls will be going sans foundation due to the time restraints.**

Girls will then recieve eye-make up of choice with colours of shadows and lipsticks from my kit. I do not supply false eyelashes due to the wide range of styles out there but you are welcome to bring your own and if you don't know how to apply them, I will then gladly attatch them to you, time permitting.

Likewise, if you have a favourite colour or product you own I will gladly apply it on you.

Your basic application of make-up is covered by your organizer(s) but as always, donations for my workmanship/time on you is always welcome. I do not expect this, ever, and a fiver is more than enough.

Hope to hear from you all soon!

rox_my_sox
08-19-2006, 08:52 PM
I think the only thing done for myself on make up other then shine removing thingy is the eye makeup ^_^ thanks <3
bwaaa this is going to be fun!
I bought a wig, but if it doesn't come in time I'm cutting my hair for it and styling it.

misplaced
08-19-2006, 10:05 PM
I think the only thing done for myself on make up other then shine removing thingy is the eye makeup ^_^ thanks <3

You're very welcome :) Will you be bringing your own foundation? If so i'll have to make a mental note of that and ask you to arrive a bit earlier to fit your full application in.

Anyone else? The sooner you tell me the better :)

rox_my_sox
08-19-2006, 11:37 PM
You're very welcome :) Will you be bringing your own foundation? If so i'll have to make a mental note of that and ask you to arrive a bit earlier to fit your full application in.

Anyone else? The sooner you tell me the better :)

yup, Ill have my own foundation, I have a weird skin tone.

heki-chan
08-20-2006, 01:27 AM
My boyfriend will need a lot of the shine reduction stuff XD

(the salesman)

he tends to get really shiny between the eyes T_T

Thanksss <3 <3

misplaced
08-20-2006, 10:45 AM
@heki: Alrighty, i'll make a note of that. I'll have facial cleansing wipes for washing faces without water and i'll have him cover himself in an anti shine moisturizer/shine cutting gel. If he could come in as early as he can, that'd be best- with you, even.

@rox: Alright, you have your own foundation *checks it off* If you could come as early as possible, i'd be happy.

MaiSheri
08-20-2006, 11:02 AM
I won't be bringing my own foundation, since I never wear it and thus don't own any. not sure if I'll need it. Also, unless we're shooting someplace very hot and sweaty, I won't need much, if any, shine-reduction.

The big thing I can't do on my own is darkening my brows. Somehow I've never gotten the hang of that. Having my eyes done up too would be nice.. If there might not be time I can do it myself, as long as I know ahead (gotta buy the right colours) ^_^

Vicky
08-20-2006, 11:28 AM
I suppose we should probably compile a list to keep track ^^;

I'd like the full monty of makeup myself. I own very... very... little makeup.
I'm meeting with kevin early to do some pre-shoot prep and test shots, so if you're not doing anything on Friday, Yoshiko, it'd be great if you could go!

Heki, are you having your makeup done or will you be doing it yourself? Also, were you going to the pre-shoot prep with Kevin? He mentioned you joining us as a possibility but I wasn't sure if it was confirmed :)

Btw!
I got my boots and rivets in the mail last week, everyone~!! :D So I'm going to start working on the pants and boots real soon and post photos :D

Thanks everyone!
Keep in touch :D

rox_my_sox
08-20-2006, 12:54 PM
I can go as early for the shoot for prep and what not as needed, as can jackie boy and hartigen. Old town girls will be with me but they'll be doing their own makeup so they can hangout and such while everythings being set up. Jackie boy might not need that shine stuff, but maybe just to be safe or w/e and maybe eye make up, just to make him look more like prick-ish ^_^

So are we meeting in the con center somewhere and then going to the shoot place, because if we are all meeting at the shoot place in toronto somewhere...well I'm not so good at directions lol.

misplaced
08-20-2006, 02:44 PM
Oh my.. yes people are finally telling me!! It makes me very happy! :D

Vicky if you don't mind... XD

Everyone will be getting toning face cloths with shine cutting gel and moisturizer and powder annnnnddddd oil absorbing sheets.

Just to make that clear.

So far who I have down for real make-up done is:
Rox_my_sox
Kohana
Jackie the character
Vicky
Mellowunicorn
VickyBunnyAngel

If i've added someone who didn't want this service or haven't added someone, in that same respect, let me know!!

I do want to say that all girls should really consider make-up because in a professional shoot, your appearance is crucial. It severely shows when you have make-up or, well, not ^^;

I will have make-up remover on hand as well as more cleansing cloths for those who do not wish to keep their look after the shoot.

Vicky
08-20-2006, 03:08 PM
Kim~ We're going to meet at the convention centre and when everyone has arrived, we'll head over to the shoot. It won't be far and it won't be a scary area - I'm purposely keeping us close to the con so everyone will be more comfortable :)

Yoshiko~ You can also add VickyBunnyAngel to the list, who emailed me for make-up :) She's our Dallas cosplayer.

EDIT: I have figures of the following characters if anyone needs reference photos - Nancy, Shellie, Goldie, Miho, Gail, Hartigan & Yellow Bastard

heki-chan
08-20-2006, 07:20 PM
Hiya! ^_^

I'll be doing my own makeup, since i like to practice/experiment with stuff HEHE! =D

Adrian let me pluck his brows last month, they are quite sexy now HAHA XD
/random

About the test shoot, we're trying to do that on saturday i think.

But it really depends since my family is having this big huge family reunion shabang the week before CN T_T;;

Vicky
08-21-2006, 01:39 PM
Heki~ Yeah I'm not able to go on Saturday as well, mostly because I don't think I'll have the costume done by then LOL So I suggested mid next week - like a Wednesday, and Kevin seemed to agree to it.
Also, did you want shine reduction at all or nothing at all? :)

Everyone~
Let me know if I messed up anywhere :)

Make-Up List:
YES - Becky
YES - Dallas
YES - Gail
YES - Goldie/Wendy
YES - Jackie Boy
YES - Kevin
YES - Shellie
YES - The Salesman

NO - Miho
NO - Nancy (also NO to shine reduction)
NO - The Customer (also NO to shine reduction)

??? - Dwight
??? - Hartigan
??? - Marv

misplaced
08-21-2006, 06:06 PM
Whenever anyone figures out the test shoot, just let me know in a PM or here and if I can make it, i'll be sure to come.

I'm writing down who needs make-up and shine reduction as well so I can have face charts drawn up for personal reference. If anyone has a special request for a look, please let me know either here or in a PM.

Again I suggest all girls get false eyelashes because it really does open up the eyes a lot and give a more dynamic look.

VickyBunnyAngel
08-21-2006, 11:57 PM
Misplaced, do you want us to get the individual ones or the strips? I've only tried it once, and failed at it :(

to anyone who's interested in progress, I uploaded a cg to my photobucket (cuz I love playing with photoshop) with my most recent progress picture.
http://s7.photobucket.com/albums/y253/vickybunnyangel/?action=view&current=dallasstreet.jpg&refPage=&imgAnch=imgAnch1

I suck cuz I think I accidentally threw out my mask while cleaning my room a month ago...now must make a new one XD. For the studs I found brooch shells and backs at my workplace, that had a little button like loop at the back, so I used those as my "studs" LOL seen on the pants

misplaced
08-22-2006, 06:25 AM
@VickyBunnyAngel: I find individual ones don't give the same effect. Get yourself, if you do plan on it in the first place that is- the strips.

Vicky
08-22-2006, 09:55 AM
Wow~!
VickyBunnyAngel, you look fantastic~! ^___^

I'm going to skip the fake eyelashes because that really isn't something I don't do. Plus my eyes are really big so I don't think accenting my eyes is a concern ;)

misplaced
08-22-2006, 12:21 PM
@Vicky: Sweet, big eyes are always a BOMB to work with :D Cheers! ^^

misplaced
08-22-2006, 04:23 PM
Again i'm posting so please forgive me if i'm being terribly annoying ^^;;;;

When IS the shoot? XD

Vicky
08-22-2006, 07:13 PM
As I said in the email, the time is not confirmed but it will definately be taking place on Friday. Due to "Pippin"s cancellation to attend FXC, we're now free to choose whatever time we like, so I'm waiting on Kevin's response :) I will send an email out once it's been confirmed (and post here too!)

misplaced
08-22-2006, 08:32 PM
Thank you Vicky! I thought I had actually missed the time. Glad that i'm not completely blind yet.

Hope to hear about it soon!

heki-chan
08-24-2006, 03:19 AM
Does anyone have a black katana I can borrow?

I only have one T_T

Kohana
08-24-2006, 08:40 AM

I only have one T_T

I dont have one but, I'll ask around for you and see what turns up...

rox_my_sox
08-24-2006, 11:40 AM

I only have one T_T

I do ^_^ I'll make sure to bring it

here are some pics (sorry its webcam quality) it looks alot better in person

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c314/turtle_handshake/forum/th_image10.jpg (http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c314/turtle_handshake/forum/image10.jpg)
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c314/turtle_handshake/forum/th_image3.jpg (http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c314/turtle_handshake/forum/image3.jpg)
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c314/turtle_handshake/forum/th_image1.jpg (http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c314/turtle_handshake/forum/image1.jpg)

Cole
08-24-2006, 01:44 PM
The Kevin costume is nearly done. I just need to get a haircut, some fake nails and add the zigzag stripe to the shirt. This should all be done sometime this weekend and I will post some pics in my gallery then.

As for the make-up, I am terrible with it, but I have a feeling I should get it done for the shoot so please sign me up as well. ^^

mikcy
08-24-2006, 01:56 PM
The Customer is going along fine. I was going to use my hair till I found the perfect wig. *__* <3 The wig is soo useful and perfect. :3 My only fear is not being able to get the green contacts. I was finally able to visit the eye doctor not too long ago, so.. *crosses fingers*

Vicky
08-24-2006, 04:12 PM
Cole~ Thanks for the update!! I look forward to seeing those pics, really! I always loved Kevin XD

memisama~ Yeah, I'm having some issues getting contacts as well ~_~; I have a prescription so buying a real pair is expensive and will take time to arrive and stuff *sigh* I'm awaiting to hear back from my eye doctor too!

misplaced
08-24-2006, 06:28 PM
Hmmm does anyone want to help me out in explaining what Kevin looks like? Most photos I see are just of fluorescent glasses and dark everything else. I was planning on just evening out the complection but if Cole has a specific idea i'll gladly take it into grande consideration.

Vicky
08-24-2006, 07:43 PM
URGENT NEWS, EVERYONE!!!

I'm afraid our Hartigan has dropped the group.
So, sadly, we need a replacement cosplayer!
Sadly, due to the short notice of the drop, finding a replacement is unlikely... but let's try our best, everyone!

Cole
08-24-2006, 08:58 PM
I had no specific ideas for the makeup, really. I figured something just to even out my complexion and maybe hide some of my more obvious freckles.

Also, I had a question for you all. I managed to get a pair of frames that will do nicely for the costume. I was wondering though if I should make the lenses a solid white, or just leave them clear. Visibility is a problem whether the lenses are clear or not cause they are drug store reading glasses and when I have them on I can't see anything more than a foot in front of me anyway ^^; I figure I'll just wear them for the shoot and take them off for when I need to see anything. The lenses switch from solid white to clear a few times in the movie so I'm a little unsure of which version I should do.

misplaced
08-24-2006, 09:06 PM
@Cole: Alright- by the way would you have a candid photo of you I could see to just plan things out?

As for your glasses I think you should really punch out the lenses BECAUSE as someone who has crazy bad eyesight, I do know that straining your eyes through wrong leneses can damage the tissues in your eyes. I'm sure your lenses can be touched up/in with PS in post-editing.

heki-chan
08-24-2006, 09:42 PM
I do ^_^ I'll make sure to bring it

here are some pics (sorry its webcam quality) it looks alot better in person

OMG I LOVE U *_*

it looks almost the same as the one I have!!! :angel: :angel:

you = hot. XD

@Vicky: you can get prescription contacts for about $25 if you ask them for the samples HEHE!!!! :reverse:

Cole
08-26-2006, 03:56 AM
@Cole: Alright- by the way would you have a candid photo of you I could see to just plan things out?

Here you go. You can see what I mean about the freckles and stuff. Also I really need to get my haircut ^^;
Me (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v171/titanomega/Me1.jpg)

misplaced
08-26-2006, 12:54 PM
@Cole: Thank you! I have that same lamp... I'll keep you in mind! Thanks again!

Btw to anyone on this thread, I am very confident and free when giving out my number so as time draw nearer and anyone has anything pressing, god forbid, please reach me at my own private line: 416-733-8402. You can either ask for Yoshi or Alma, your fancy.

rox_my_sox
08-28-2006, 08:48 PM
I bought fake eye lashes today ^_^ they are sooo pretty *has never had fake eyelashes before*

misplaced
08-28-2006, 08:59 PM
Sweeeeeeet

rox_my_sox
08-29-2006, 12:09 PM
so um its drawing very close to the con time, I'm trying to work out my con schedual, do we know when/where the shoot is/when/where we are meeting to go to the shoot and such?...maybe approximatly?

misplaced
08-29-2006, 11:43 PM
LOL ^^;; I kind of have to agree with Rox here. It's on Friday so the sooner the better. I know i'm free all day until 3 because I have to be back uptown for a doctors appointment. Mind you this can be rescheduled it the need ever arises.

Hope to hear something soon!

MaiSheri
08-30-2006, 02:47 AM
I'm not going to have internet access after Wednesday evening, so sooner would be better ^_^

Also, I just about finished up my outfit tonight, and my Dad was kind enough to take pics: Goldie. (http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=826681) Please excuse how retarded I look >_<
Can't wait til the gathering!

Vicky
08-30-2006, 03:05 PM
Well, the bad news is that I won't be able to attend the shoot as Becky.
But I'm not going to cancel it because I promised all of you a great shoot ^^

I'm not sure if Kevin's been trying to send me emails or not, since I had to shut down my website... But Kevin confirmed 6pm as the time!
I'm sending out an email right now :D

MaiSheri
08-30-2006, 10:39 PM
Thanks Vicky, see you at 6pm!

Vicky
08-31-2006, 04:55 PM
I'm sorry to say that two more people have dropped the shoot :\
Nancy and the Customer will not be able to finish their costumes in time.

It looks as though our group will certainly be lacking...
I intend to continute the shoot as planned, but I may be offering a second shoot in order to get the "complete group". If that's something that you guys may be interested in, let me know.
With the cold weather around the corner though, we'll have to make special arrangements though for the more "risky" in dress ^^;

Here's the modified shoot list:
COUPLE SHOTS:
- Dwight & Gail
- Dwight & Shellie
- Goldie & Marv
- Jackie Boy & Shellie
- Kevin & Marv

SMALL GROUPS:
- Dwight, Miho, Dallas
- Kevin, Marv, Goldie

LARGE GROUPS:
- Old Ladies: Old Town Girls, Dallas, Gail, Goldie/Wendy, Miho, Shellie
- All Gentlemen: Dwight, Jackie Boy, Kevin, Marv, Yellow Bastard

WHOLE GROUP:
All members

So in other words, I'd like to schedule a second, more complete, shoot at a later date. But that's only if everyone would be interested :) Of course, I'll bring drinks and foods, and our make-up artist and photographer would be re-hired! And we'd have a bit more time to be creative...
Anyway, I'll ask everybody at the con and email those who couldn't make it!

misplaced
08-31-2006, 08:12 PM
Yo! :P

I think that would be a MARVELOUS idea!! A complete shoot with everyone, as planned. That allows us all to have wonderful shots of a complete Sin City shoot :D

I wouldn't mind hitting Costco next time and bringing good eats :D

Cole
08-31-2006, 09:15 PM
I'm all for an extra shoot when everyone is ready as well. And now, to combat some of the sad news with the dropouts, check out my gallery for a small peek at the completed Kevin costume ^^

VickyBunnyAngel
08-31-2006, 11:11 PM
Second shoot will be great! Gives more time to improve costumes =D

mikcy
09-01-2006, 10:15 AM
Yesssssssss >_> Give me more time to fit that bra right so that I DON'T fallout x2389752943534 >_<!!

*minako under Megra's account*

Vicky
09-01-2006, 12:34 PM
OKay, I'm glad everyone's up for it ^^
I'm just sorry to say I can't afford *two* extravagant shoots, so the one this week will have cut backs to make the second one the best! *nod*
See you this weekend, everyone!

rox_my_sox
09-04-2006, 07:36 PM
well I had fun:) lol

Avelia
09-04-2006, 08:00 PM
pictures ppl pictures~~~~~~~

MizuZero
09-04-2006, 08:52 PM
Ahhh. That was my first real experience with a professional photographer, and all I can say was that it was pretty cool.

As I don't normally read these boards, I just skimmed through this thread for the first time today, and the sheer amount of effort everyone put into making this happen (Especially you, Vicky) pretty much blew me away.

I got talked into dressing up as Jackie Boy by Kim (rox_my_sox, or Shellie), and, under the impression that this was a regular "stand around and pose while people take pictures of you" situation, severely half-assed on the costume. (Basically, I got Kim to raid spare clothes/a wig for me.)

As such, I don't feel like I really did you guys justice. Especially when I sat next to the person that played Gail, who was undoubtedly freezing her ass off in her costume. Because I wasn't able to look as accurate/good as I should have been, I apologize.

As a side note, I also ended up running into the missing Old Town girls and Dwight later, who both got lost/delayed somehow.

If there's another shoot, I'd be glad to be a part of it.

Kohana
09-04-2006, 09:40 PM
As such, I don't feel like I really did you guys justice. Especially when I sat next to the person that played Gail, who was undoubtedly freezing her ass off in her costume. Because I wasn't able to look as accurate/good as I should have been, I apologize.

LOL, yea... I did freeze my ass off....and now I'm developing a cold TT_TT.... oh well it was worth it. I'm surprised that I actually pulled of cosplaying Gail... I thought it was gonna turn out crappy. I had to freestyle the hair since I forgot to print the picture of Gail before I left home. Thanks to Yoshiko for doing my make-up, you rock! :D ... I think wearing my Uchiha inspired robe infinitely proved that Naruto is far more popular than Sin City since several people just wanted to take a picture of the back of the robe ^^;... Going out side to take pictures was fun despite the cold.... I'm looking forward to the part two the the photoshoot.... :D

misplaced
09-04-2006, 10:01 PM
Awwww Kohana, you're very welcome!

Everyone whom I did make-up for, i'm really sorry if I was really hard to understand. I had a blast making you all up into pretty little things!

rox_my_sox
09-04-2006, 10:15 PM
the dwight we saw was a different dwight, the original wasn't there.

Vicky
09-06-2006, 05:09 PM
Hey everybody!

Well I'm really glad everyone enjoyed themselves!
A few people have been puzzled as to why I did such a thing, but I think once they see the photos, they'll understand. Kevin showed me a few of the photos the day of the shoot on his camera and I couldn't have been happier with the results that I saw.
I'm anxiously awaiting the final results ^_^

Stay tuned everyone, for the second shoot!
I hope that this "trial" shoot has given everyone a better grasp of what to do in the future. I will probably be making another topic for it in the Canada Cosplay, but for now... I'd love to hear more of your feedbacks!

Personally, I learned quite a few lessons in terms of organization and time flow ^_^;; I apologize to everyone! I've organized a similar shoot before but it wasn't as big and professional as this one ^^
I expect the second shoot will flow much easier.
I'm only disappointed that certain individuals did not keep in touch prior to the shoot, leaving us short a few members... Hopefully we'll be able to find some replacements in time for the next shoot! :D

heki-chan
09-06-2006, 05:29 PM
I had a lot of fun :) Sorry I couldn't stay longer. I was stupid and thought the dealers room closed at 8pm when it was really 9pm T_T;;;;;

The "real" shoot will be kickass :)

VickyBunnyAngel
09-06-2006, 05:59 PM
I had a lot of fun as well, even though waiting for the entire friday kind of dragged on. But I didn't mind, since there wasn't that much to do on friday anyways.

Thanks for inviting us Vicky! It was great meeting you finally =D

rox_my_sox
09-06-2006, 11:12 PM
it was fun ^_^ it was really cool meeting the people in the group, everyone was nice. Dressing skank and going to the streets of toronto was interesting, luckily i dont lack confidence and had fun taunting the construction guy and have old people scowl at me:) good times good times lol

misplaced
09-07-2006, 09:57 AM
LOL Definitely good times. I felt really bad for Rox and Kohana though, it was a chilly evening! Still though, you all did wonderfully and doing people's make-up was so fun. Every make-up artist wants pretty faces to work on and there was no shortage of that :D

Hope we can all keep in touch!

MaiSheri
09-07-2006, 01:35 PM
Wanted to say thanks again to Vicky, Yoshiko, Kevin, and all my fellow cosplayers for the photoshoot, and I can't wait to see the results! I had lots of fun, and hope that the second shoot will turn out even better.
Just one question: is Project Sin II happening soon? (I'm planning a substantial haircut before the end of October...)

Vicky
09-07-2006, 02:24 PM
Thanks everyone~!!

I'm hoping to have it soon!
I was kind of hoping we could get the photos back before we started talking about it... Perhaps I'll email Kevin and get the ETA on that ^^

misplaced
09-07-2006, 06:53 PM
Aiiiiya!! I TOTALY forgot to email Kevin to see if he wanted help post-processing up the photos!

Thank you Vicky!

And Vicky, you rock!

Kohana
09-07-2006, 08:15 PM
Just one question: is Project Sin II happening soon? (I'm planning a substantial haircut before the end of October...)

Yea I'm also planning to make a hair change .. I'm planning to put my hair in extensions.. so there is no possiability of me being able to spike it once its done....:P

Vicky
09-10-2006, 09:22 PM
Well everyone, i just got the photos from our photographer! I'm uploading them to my cosplay.com account over the next few days, but you're all welcome to do the same!
Please do not remove the watermarks, and if you had your make-up done, please mention Yoshiko in your comments ^_^
For example, "Make-up done by Yoshiko (misplaced on cosplay.com)"

http://tempest.dyndns.org/photography/sincity.php

Kevin, Yoshiko and myself are in the process of Photoshopping the RAW images. We'll post those when we finish them!
Enjoy, everyone!!

VickyBunnyAngel
09-10-2006, 10:22 PM
OMG! they look soo awesome *O* -speechless-

Vicky
09-10-2006, 10:37 PM
Yeah, I'm really happy with the results!
Now I'm really pumped for the second shoot ^___^ It was great to have this shoot as more of a test run, because the second one will definately rock!

mikcy
09-11-2006, 12:26 AM
Ahh they look so good! Everyone looks sooo cool. I'm glad theres a second shoot because I still want in on this. XDD

rox_my_sox
09-11-2006, 10:41 AM
bwaaaa it looks soo good! <3333 thank you vicki, Yoshiko and Kevin!! I Can't wait for a secound shoot!

MaiSheri
09-11-2006, 01:46 PM
Looks good to me - can't wait to see the photoshopped versions!

Kohana
09-11-2006, 10:13 PM
the pictures look supa cool.. you all did a great job!
but now I see the many improvements I have to make before the next photoshoot... damn leg strappy thingies... o_O!

Cole
09-12-2006, 12:12 AM
Wow. Those came out so well! Everyone looks so great there! All of you girls were so brave to be walking around like that ^^;; Thank you again Vicky for organizing this and letting me be a part of it. Also thanks to Kevin and Yoshiko for all their hard work! Oh and Yoshiko, if you could thank your friend Chloe for me, she was a big help with my fake nail things ^^;

Any idea when we'll be doing the next shoot? We shouldn't wait too long or else the girls are going to be very cold outside...

Vicky
09-12-2006, 09:56 AM
It's looking to be early October-ish with my schedule... Which sadly, if this weather keeps up, doesn't look like doing much outside will be the plan ^^;

sweet_kat22
09-12-2006, 10:40 AM
Wow I wish I saw you guys there, your costumes turned out really good.

rox_my_sox
09-12-2006, 02:17 PM
october is good for me, then I have time to fix up the costume and...get in shape a bit more heh heh Can't wait! ^_^

misplaced
09-12-2006, 03:50 PM
October sounds good! It should be even more awesome than this shoot, and that's saying something.

You're all very sweet- doing your make-up was a pleasure. Really.

I'm photoshopping select images and post-editing them as well so i'll keep you all posted.

EDIT: Here are two:
http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m190/YoshikoST/Sin%20City/_DSC6411.jpg
http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m190/YoshikoST/Sin%20City/_DSC6398.jpg

rox_my_sox
09-13-2006, 11:53 AM
misplaced- those looks soo good!

misplaced
09-13-2006, 05:17 PM
misplaced- those looks soo good!

Awwww thanks!!! But to be honest i'm not a photo-manip person or an editor LOL You have gotta see what Vicky and Kevin stew up!

*HUGS* Thanks again!

heki-chan
09-16-2006, 04:08 AM
someone help me shop in the earrings! XD XD

I made them on saturday T___T

Avelia
09-17-2006, 01:09 AM
omg yoshi, i love the first photo, it's almost poetic!!!!!!!!!

misplaced
09-18-2006, 08:53 AM
omg yoshi, i love the first photo, it's almost poetic!!!!!!!!!

LOL thanks Avelia!!! The props go to Kevin for the original photo and to our model :toothy: Cheers!

Wage
09-24-2006, 10:38 PM
Okay guys, I'm helping out with the photoclean up and manips as well, so here are the first handful I've done. I'm not sure which level of playing around you guys want to see on them. I can go all overboard and make them look very animated like some of the movie, or just more black and white with some colour. Let me know. As of right now I'm trying to get at least one of everyone, and then I'll start doing the other pics. Enjoy.

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a145/wage/shellie1.jpg
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a145/wage/Miho1.jpg
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a145/wage/kevin.jpg
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a145/wage/gail2.jpg
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a145/wage/gail.jpg
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a145/wage/goldie.jpg

More to come soon, like in the next day or two.

Wage

MaiSheri
09-24-2006, 10:44 PM
Wage, I <3 your photoshop skills so much
.... which I think you know considering how much I abuse them.^_^

The photos are great. I really want to see the overdone ones though!

Avelia
09-25-2006, 01:01 AM
they are poster worthy O_O

VickyBunnyAngel
09-25-2006, 01:27 AM
woow, everyone's shops look so good ^_^ For the October shoot, I should be ok, even though it might conflict with my exam schedule we'll see =D

misplaced
09-25-2006, 12:06 PM
They look awesome ^^

heki-chan
09-26-2006, 05:46 PM
Wage! Those look awesomeeee :D :D

Vicky
09-29-2006, 11:23 AM
Hey everybody~!!

Well, Kevin and I are just getting organized for the next photoshoot. I figured, before I make a new topic in the Canada Cosplay forum, I'd work out the date in this topic :)

I'm thinking we'll have the next shoot on Saturday, October 14!
Let me know if this is good or bad for you! I'd like to arrange a date we can all attend but I know it's difficult with everyone's busy schedules ^^ It will be half outdoors, and half indoors - so I would like to get the shoot done before the real cold weather kicks in.
You all looked really fantastic, and now that the photos are up, you can see if there was anything you'd like to improve for the next one! It will be in downtown Toronto again, since that seems to be the easiest location for everyone, and it will probably be in the same general area as the Metro Toronto Convention Centre.

This will be the last shoot XD
So I really want everyone to be there ^^;

Discuss ^____^

rox_my_sox
09-29-2006, 01:07 PM
so the people who couldnt make it to the CN shoot will be there? I'll see if i can get hartigen there...old town girls...doubtful. Jackie boy, I have no idea.

MaiSheri
09-29-2006, 02:13 PM
Alright, I'll make to sure to book the 14th off work.

Looking forward to seeing everyone again!

misplaced
09-29-2006, 08:03 PM
I'll book the 14th off as well :D

Kohana
10-01-2006, 11:20 PM
I hope I can make it... school has been kicking my butt...I'm sooooo behind...lol

MaiSheri
10-09-2006, 01:42 PM
Well, it's less than a week away! Is everyone excited? Are all the costumes finished?

And, er, what time will it be? (my dad can't stay late since he'll have a 3 hour drive home ahead of him)

VickyBunnyAngel
10-09-2006, 08:22 PM
14th sounds good to me. Hopefully I don't have an exam that day *sweat drops* Depending on what time the shoot is, I might be late. I end work at 3 =(

misplaced
10-10-2006, 11:13 AM
I end work at 4 XD

Vicky
10-10-2006, 04:54 PM
Ok, sadly a few people can't make it on the 14th due to the late notice (I forgot to send an email -_-). I'm terribly sorry to move it but how does the 21st sound? ^^;
This time I will be sending out an email!! I just wanted to check with you guys first!

Kohana
10-10-2006, 06:58 PM
thats okay with me... I should be able to make it... I just hope it isnt too cold..hu hu hu hu~! I dont wanna freeze T_T

Cole
10-10-2006, 07:28 PM
I will be able to make it. Having no life leaves me wide open for things most of the time ^^ Speaking of time, when and where would we be meeting?

MaiSheri
10-10-2006, 11:22 PM
I think the 21st will be OK for me, but almost certainly not for my dad. Guss the Hartigan hunt is still on then...

EDIT: ...or not. Hartigan's available after all ^_^

VickyBunnyAngel
10-11-2006, 10:03 PM
Yay 21st is better for me =D or else I Woudl've had to drop out since I realized I had a piano performance on the 14th XD

heki-chan
10-12-2006, 02:26 AM
Oooh yay the 21st I will be in town! ^_^

Jo_Canadian
10-12-2006, 06:32 AM
yea i can live with the 21st luckily we are in the slow season at work and the boss lets me have off what ever days i need. so yes, marv will stil be in attendance

misplaced
10-12-2006, 09:51 AM
Alright XDD 21. I'll let my boss know XD

rox_my_sox
10-12-2006, 01:47 PM
erm, I'll see if I can con my sister into driving me down lol

MaiSheri
10-12-2006, 03:36 PM
Seems I need to correct my last post: Hartigan is willing to make the drive up here if he's needed! YAY!

Vicky
10-12-2006, 03:50 PM
Ok great! It looks like that works out better for everyone ^_^
Given that it snowed today, it is likely that we will be keeping the shoot indoors... But that makes finding a location a little more difficult! I will keep you all posted ^^ We will likely be arranging to meet at 4pm for make-up and the shoot itself can begin anytime from 5 to 6pm. Anyone who can't make it for 4pm, that's ok! Just get there as soon as you can~

Location information coming soon!

Jo_Canadian
10-15-2006, 05:35 PM
i actually got a hair cut this time and i really miss my beard. you guys are all so lucky

heki-chan
10-15-2006, 08:40 PM
Has an exact location been decided on yet? I don't feel comfortable running around downtown in costume. Also the CNTower climb is this weekend =\

Vicky
10-15-2006, 08:49 PM
No I don't have any locations in mind yet. I'm not sure of any places indoors that might let us take photos... I was going to run by there and ask my brother to suggest some areas near Union Station. I'm open to suggestions @_@

rox_my_sox
10-16-2006, 12:15 PM
I don't want to get arrested for wearing shellie >_<' lol

Vicky
10-16-2006, 03:33 PM
LOL no worries, my brother is looking into getting us into a bar and possibly some other places, I'll keep you all posted ^^

rox_my_sox
10-16-2006, 05:15 PM
my sisters works at a bar in mississauga, though that place might not be convenient for people and such since its in mississauga? cuz her boss is cool and might let us do something like that there.

MaiSheri
10-16-2006, 06:38 PM
I work in a bar myself (one a lot closer to "downtown" than Mississauga) and I have a boss who's probably cool enough to let us use it, but I hadn't brought it up since there's no way we could get in there to use the space on a Saturday evening. A morning maybe...

So lots of luck to Vicky and her brother in finding a place for us that looks, well... grungy ^_^ and won't be too full of people!!!

misplaced
10-17-2006, 09:05 PM
The nights now are a little warmer- aka tolerable. Outside could still be an option mayhaps. It's supposed to be a low of 5 degrees at like midnight or whichever time is the coldest in the evening and the high is supposed to be around 12.