PDA

View Full Version : Newbie doing Jiraiya from Naruto

Corwynn
11-14-2005, 07:05 AM
Hey everyone. I've never even been to an anime con before (but I've been going to Comic-Con Inernational since I was 5 years old), but my friend, brother, and I decided to cosplay at AX'06 when it comes around next july (around then?). We're not really going as a team which kinda sucks, but we're going for characters that suit our body types.

--And I'm going as Jiraiya. So I had a couple questions. Do you guys have any suggestions for what to look for in a wig for this character? Are there any special things I should know about styling a wig? Any suggestions for Jiraiya's special forehead guard? I figured I'd make it but I don't want it to look cheap. x_x. Thanks for the help, and if this is in the wrong place for some reason- Sorry for the spam xD.

Corwynn
11-14-2005, 09:36 PM
Eh.. am I allowed to bump? Hoping to find some people who've done Jiraiya before- I really want this to turn out well :P.

LousyItachi
11-14-2005, 09:55 PM
You're not allowed to bump.

Corwynn
11-14-2005, 10:02 PM
Oh x_x, I'm sorry about that.

Eleryth
11-14-2005, 11:40 PM
Have you tried searching the forums? After you enter a forum, there should be, up near the page numbers, a little box with "search this forum" in it. Click and enter your key words. Only words of 4 or more letters will work.

Not sure if we've had a thread specifically for Jiraiya before, or his parts, but I am sure some methods could be used for his forehead protector. Just because it hasn't been done doesn't mean it can't be done. Perhaps looking up armor techniques would help?

Corwynn
11-15-2005, 12:03 AM
Thanks, and yeah I've searched the forums. I'm not a newbie to forums in general just to the whole cosplay scene, haha.

Anyways, thanks. I've got some ideas, I was just looking for some tips.