View Full Version : Newbie doing Jiraiya from Naruto

11-14-2005, 07:05 AM
Hey everyone. I've never even been to an anime con before (but I've been going to Comic-Con Inernational since I was 5 years old), but my friend, brother, and I decided to cosplay at AX'06 when it comes around next july (around then?). We're not really going as a team which kinda sucks, but we're going for characters that suit our body types.

--And I'm going as Jiraiya. So I had a couple questions. Do you guys have any suggestions for what to look for in a wig for this character? Are there any special things I should know about styling a wig? Any suggestions for Jiraiya's special forehead guard? I figured I'd make it but I don't want it to look cheap. x_x. Thanks for the help, and if this is in the wrong place for some reason- Sorry for the spam xD.

11-14-2005, 09:36 PM
Eh.. am I allowed to bump? Hoping to find some people who've done Jiraiya before- I really want this to turn out well :P.

11-14-2005, 09:55 PM
You're not allowed to bump.

11-14-2005, 10:02 PM
Oh x_x, I'm sorry about that.

11-14-2005, 11:40 PM
Have you tried searching the forums? After you enter a forum, there should be, up near the page numbers, a little box with "search this forum" in it. Click and enter your key words. Only words of 4 or more letters will work.

Not sure if we've had a thread specifically for Jiraiya before, or his parts, but I am sure some methods could be used for his forehead protector. Just because it hasn't been done doesn't mean it can't be done. Perhaps looking up armor techniques would help?

11-15-2005, 12:03 AM
Thanks, and yeah I've searched the forums. I'm not a newbie to forums in general just to the whole cosplay scene, haha.

Anyways, thanks. I've got some ideas, I was just looking for some tips.