PDA

View Full Version : any rarer cosplays?

desperado
11-14-2005, 12:48 PM
Is anyone going to be going as a rarer cosplay? I would love to know if there is something really rare so I can get a picture.

Being overdone is the main reason I have switched from neji to illpalazo. So im just curious who else is trying to cosplay something rarer.

NecromanticChii
11-14-2005, 01:40 PM
I will be cosplaying Nia, from DearS. As well as Lucy from Elfen Lied. Both are fairly new cosplays, Lucy has been done by a few, but I have yet to see someone cosplay as Nia. Although DearS was just released into the US in August, so it is a newer anime. ^_^

marsie
11-14-2005, 02:40 PM
Sana from Kodomo no Omocha is rarely cosplayed.
I am working on a different version of heather from Silent Hill then her defult outfit.

It really depends on what you mean by "rare"

NecromanticChii
11-14-2005, 03:26 PM
Sana from Kodomo no Omocha is rarely cosplayed.
I am working on a different version of heather from Silent Hill then her defult outfit.

It really depends on what you mean by "rare"

True, rare can mean many things...^_^

KnuxieChan
11-14-2005, 03:40 PM
Dude, anything I cosplay is rare. XD Check out my gallery!

This year, I'm being ghetto-Loz from Advent Children, Giroro from SGT. Frog, Jeager or Kevin Mask from Ultimate Muscle (Kevin looks easier right now), and maybe Hsien-Ko from DarkStalkers. She's kinda over-done though o.o.. Not as much as Morrigan, Lillith, and Felicia though.

desperado
11-14-2005, 05:06 PM
Nice! And by rare I was meaning cosplays you just do not see or are not done anymore. I mean I would love to get some pictures of older animes being cosplayed.

Ah and shippo I remeber the pyramid head. That was a great cosplay looking forward to seeing your next cosplays.

Miyabi-
11-14-2005, 05:48 PM
I know someone that is thinking of cosplaying Freya from "Valkerie Profile"

Lara
11-14-2005, 07:03 PM
I'm going to be cosplaying Sophia from the older video game "Battle Arena Toshinden 2". I think maybe I've only seen it done twice.

KnuxieChan
11-14-2005, 08:16 PM
I'd bring along Pyramid Head, but it's easier for closer cons.

Amaya
11-14-2005, 08:37 PM
If you include cosplays that are rarely done anymore than I'll be going as Merle from Escaflowne ^^

kalajessta
11-14-2005, 09:00 PM
I'll be cosplaying as Akamaru from Naruto. But I know Naruto isn't rare, but an Akamaru has only been done once at Otakon to my knowledge.

TronFantasy
11-14-2005, 09:07 PM
I'm doing Lan Fan from the Fullmetal Alchemist manga. And as Kaito Kid, from Detective Conan, my "sweet lolita" version.

darkdjinn
11-14-2005, 09:37 PM
Lord Caim from Drakengard here. I have only seen two Furiae cosplays on here and that's it. So far I am the only Caim I have ever seen. If I ever win the lottery or have $1000 to blow, I'm going to be red suit Rugal from SNK vs. Capcom.

Combo costumes catch my eye too, like Gunner Lulu or Gunner Garnet I've seen in the galleries. The pallette is open for imagination with combos.

I dunno. Characters are popular for there own reasons. Is it more rare to see extremely detailed, well thought out costumes or to ghetto the thing and pass it off as such? Eye of the beholder I suppose

livengood
11-14-2005, 10:03 PM
Well. I've got my Kohaku cosplay I'm working on right now. I've seen a handful of photo's of othe WISH cosplayers. Mostly WISH isn't that popular because it's a manga only. It has no anime series with it except a small music video and some artbooks. But that's about it.

Hikaruchan
11-15-2005, 12:39 AM
I will probably be bringing Lady Oscar, Lucrezia and Liana costumes - Rose of Versailles, Cantarella and A Distant Soil are pretty rare cosplays.

XxkalexX
11-15-2005, 01:46 AM
IDK would Ness from Earthbound be considered "rare"? cause that's who I'll be

Bobbi
11-15-2005, 02:32 AM
I'm going to toss myself over a fire, and I'll be nice and rare for Ohayocon.

Actually, I'm doing overcosplayed stuff. XP

SaiyenGirl
11-15-2005, 03:18 AM
I might bring Hanmyo [Outlaw Star] now that some other cosplays have fallen through. I love that cosplay, so sad that hardly anyone cosplays from Outlaw Star anymore!!

desperado
11-15-2005, 05:43 AM
If my freind goes he is going as gene. Im even going to help him make his caster gun. Otherwise he is pretty much ready besides coloring his wig.

daguru
11-15-2005, 11:04 AM
Rare? hmmm.

The Dog - Duck Hunt
Captain - Hellsing
Vladimir Harkonnen - Hellsing
Pyramid Head - Silent Hill
Groucho - El Hazard
Nausicaa - Nausicaa

BountyBebopLuva
11-15-2005, 12:06 PM
Fujiko from Lupin III, sorta rare.. I think.. o.o.

KnuxieChan
11-15-2005, 01:39 PM
Rare? hmmm.

The Dog - Duck Hunt
Captain - Hellsing
Vladimir Harkonnen - Hellsing
Pyramid Head - Silent Hill
Groucho - El Hazard

*HAS A SPAZ ATTACK*

ARGHH! Should I try and bring mine to Ohayocon?.. XD *tugs on hair* Rarrrr.. so many costumes I wanna bring/make

KatharineFaith
11-15-2005, 04:35 PM
I'm going to try for Anotsu Kagehisa from Blade of the Immortal. Not sure if that's really rare, per se, but I've only seen one cosplayer from that series, and she was doing Rin.

Miyabi-
11-15-2005, 05:55 PM
Ness from "Earthbound" would rock my socks. ^_^ I'll be dressed as Princess Zelda on Friday so I'd love to get a SSB:M battle pic with you!

Anne Packrat
11-16-2005, 12:03 AM
Lessee...

Keroro from Sgt. Frog / Keroro Gunso (with Shippo)
Leap from Guilty Gear (one of May's Pirates)
Mocchi from Monster Rancher

I may also bring either Wario, Tidus, or Totoro.

I'm also doing Yuki from Furaba, but that's rather overdone.

Karrit
11-16-2005, 10:32 AM
Yep. I'm cosplaying Fujiko Mine from Lupin III. My design is taken from the 1971 TV series, which is commonly referred to as Green Jacket Lupin.

My outfit is a white monaco-style dress (short!) with a dark blue cross design on the front. In the center ot the blue design is a diamond-shape cut that reveals the navel.

The only drawback is I will have to carry my Lupin UFO catcher plush around so people know who I am.

daguru
11-16-2005, 10:53 AM
*HAS A SPAZ ATTACK*

ARGHH! Should I try and bring mine to Ohayocon?.. XD *tugs on hair* Rarrrr.. so many costumes I wanna bring/make

Well, I'd reccomend it (cuz PH is teh awesomezorz), but don't fret over it. I like to challenge myself by bringing as much crap as I can wear and bring even more every con.

I'm adding Nausicaa to my list.

NecromanticChii
11-16-2005, 12:13 PM
I like all of the cosplays, I have read that are going to be at Ohayocon. ^_^ Oh, as well as I am going as Nia, my boyfriend is goin as the other Biter, and we have Ren, and Miu from Dears as well.

Zeat Project
11-16-2005, 12:20 PM
Just to let you know tha I was Twlight Suzuka from Outlaw Star at Otakon 2005. You can see my pictures at myspace.com. Click on search and type my e-mail adress(aurielg@hotmail.com).

NecromanticChii
11-16-2005, 01:03 PM
Just to let you know tha I was Twlight Suzuka from Outlaw Star at Otakon 2005. You can see my pictures at myspace.com. Click on search and type my e-mail adress(aurielg@hotmail.com).
I love Outlaw Star. ^_^ I need to get a couple pics of you at Ohayocon.

XxkalexX
11-16-2005, 04:41 PM
Ness from "Earthbound" would rock my socks. ^_^ I'll be dressed as Princess Zelda on Friday so I'd love to get a SSB:M battle pic with you!

I'll be looking for ya!! ^_^...I'm also gonna have a Mr Saturn plushie with me so i shouldn't be hard to find

desperado
11-16-2005, 09:28 PM
Hmm my whole group is going as rare cosplays so I shall post them.
Me illapalazo-excell saga
freind 1- if he goes its gene from outlaw star
freind 2- shigure or however its spelled form fruits basket
freind 2 gf- dokuro chan from club to death angel dokuro chan

BountyBebopLuva
11-16-2005, 10:15 PM
Yep. I'm cosplaying Fujiko Mine from Lupin III. My design is taken from the 1971 TV series, which is commonly referred to as Green Jacket Lupin.

My outfit is a white monaco-style dress (short!) with a dark blue cross design on the front. In the center ot the blue design is a diamond-shape cut that reveals the navel.

The only drawback is I will have to carry my Lupin UFO catcher plush around so people know who I am.

*cheers* Another Fujiko with stuffed Lupin! What day are you going to wear it? We must have photos together!:bigtu:

Karrit
11-17-2005, 08:54 AM
Friday and Saturday. Possible Sunday.

I will also be dressing in my Lupin costume for a little bit (yeah I crossplay too). My best friend wanted to do a photoshoot with me as Lupin and her as a female version of Jigen. XD

We're Lupin fangirls. ^^ It's not really related to the subject, but that guy in my avatar is the late Yasuo Yamada, the original seiyuu of Lupin and voice of Clint Eastwood in Japanese versions.

*cheers* Another Fujiko with stuffed Lupin! What day are you going to wear it? We must have photos together!:bigtu:

BountyBebopLuva
11-17-2005, 10:04 PM
Friday and Saturday. Possible Sunday.

I will also be dressing in my Lupin costume for a little bit (yeah I crossplay too). My best friend wanted to do a photoshoot with me as Lupin and her as a female version of Jigen. XD

We're Lupin fangirls. ^^ It's not really related to the subject, but that guy in my avatar is the late Yasuo Yamada, the original seiyuu of Lupin and voice of Clint Eastwood in Japanese versions.

Yay! I'll have to find you totally! :heart: And that's who I thought your icon was but I wasn't sure.

kalajessta
11-17-2005, 10:39 PM
Hmm my whole group is going as rare cosplays so I shall post them.
Me illapalazo-excell saga
freind 1- if he goes its gene from outlaw star
freind 2- shigure or however its spelled form fruits basket
freind 2 gf- dokuro chan from club to death angel dokuro chan

Gene Starwind isn't rare, he's been done alot in the past. Shigure isn't rare either... I've seen a bunch in the past year.

Karrit
11-18-2005, 09:44 AM
Yay! I'll have to find you totally! :heart: And that's who I thought your icon was but I wasn't sure.

Absolutely! =) There's also going to be a whole group of the Lupin gang (including Zenigata). The Jigen PMed me on the Ohayocon message board about a Lupin photoshoot. I say the more Lupin cosplayers, the better.

ParaPara*Tsu
11-18-2005, 06:21 PM
I guess my cosplays are uncommon, I know MYV and Kaname is rare for Ohio cosplays. Sakura Shinguji is a bit common, so is Himeno.

desperado
11-19-2005, 01:36 PM
Ah I thought they were rare, I had never seen one before so I thought I would mention them. So I guess the only rare cosplays are me as Illpalazo and my freinds gf as dokuro chan (if she gets in character my freind is so dead....).

XxkalexX
11-21-2005, 04:07 PM
I'm also trying for viewtiful Joe...I really don't see ppl cosplaying as him...though if i am gonna be him i have to train alot for it ^_^

Katerfreak
11-21-2005, 04:09 PM
I'm going as Midori Kasugano from "Midori Days." The only reason it's rare is that many people haven't seen the anime yet and it's a really easy costume.

Ameria
11-21-2005, 05:11 PM
Is Death Note cosplay still 'rare' by now? XD Cause my group's going as L, Nia and Mero, aka the geniuses. PH33R OUR MASS INTELLECT AND QUIRKY HABITS!

Kitphiroth
11-22-2005, 04:03 AM
Well, some of the cosplays I do are rare. I'll be bringing my Luc from Suikoden 3, Snowe from Suikoden 4 and my best friend is cosplaying Hero4 from Suikoden Those are some pretty rare cosplays :D

Danimation
11-24-2005, 08:55 PM
I'm toying around with the idea of going as Katsuhiro from Samurai 7 or Kurono from Gantz. I haven't seen anybody cosplay from either of those series. A shame too since they're two of my favorite shows.

GabiKat
11-25-2005, 10:34 AM
Our group may qualify for a couple of the shows!
Sunday we're got Ryohou, Sharice & Mimori from Scryed (I only ever see Kazuma and only 3 that I can remember)

One of my friends may bring his Harry McDougal from Outlaw Star but it's a rumor to me still >.<

We're also doing Samurai Deeper Kyo on Saturday, but that's been growing in popularity so I don't think I get to count it as rare anymore!

Lady
11-30-2005, 01:32 PM
Well, I'll be cosplaying the blue tattoo woman from Fatal Frame III that was released this month. Not only is F. Frame something of an uncommonly played game, there doesn't seem to be alot of cosplay done from it. So, I feel pretty safe in saying that I think this cosplay will be fairly rare!

I did a Murian Queen Maya from RahXephon at Ikasucon and I'd wear her again if I could get a Rah group going somewhere sometime. Alas, Rah cosplayers are very hard to find!

TronFantasy
11-30-2005, 01:53 PM
I'm toying around with the idea of going as Katsuhiro from Samurai 7 or Kurono from Gantz. I haven't seen anybody cosplay from either of those series. A shame too since they're two of my favorite shows.

Oooo! Samurai 7 cosplayer here! I may bring my Kirara costume again, so if you go as Katsuhiro, maybe we can have a small photoshoot?

Yukari Kiss
12-02-2005, 03:51 PM
I'm going as Izumi from Princess Nine (in the school uniform) and I have some friends that are going to be Meroko and Takuto from Full Moon wo Sagashite. Also, I think there may be some Manga Carta costumes in our ranks..... but we'll see.

mirrorsaber
12-05-2005, 10:41 PM
Absolutely! =) There's also going to be a whole group of the Lupin gang (including Zenigata). The Jigen PMed me on the Ohayocon message board about a Lupin photoshoot. I say the more Lupin cosplayers, the better.

Off topic but don't I remember you from the kh.com forums that recently shut down?

Anyway, if I go to Ohayocon, I will be doing a rare cosplay which is Anthy Himimemiya from Revolutionary Girl Utena but sadly, there wont be an Utena with me (there was one with me at Tsubasacon, but thats a tiny con). And if I ever find the shirt, pants, and style a blue wig correctly, I could probably do a Claire Leonelli crossplay if I could get that in time.

Fullmetal Chibi
12-06-2005, 05:04 PM
Well, I'm being 2D from the band Gorillaz, and I will have a Noodle with me, and my Murdoc might be able to come. ^^. -Edo

GiaKohana
12-06-2005, 07:23 PM
I might bring Ibuki from Dai-Guard again this year...I haven't seen anyone else cosplay Dai-Guard yet...

TronFantasy
12-06-2005, 08:33 PM
Well, I'm being 2D from the band Gorillaz, and I will have a Noodle with me, and my Murdoc might be able to come. ^^. -Edo

OMG YAY! I won't be the only Gorillaz cosplayer! (<----wearing Noodle's pink Phase 2 outfit to Ohayocon)

Fullmetal Chibi
12-06-2005, 08:46 PM
OMG YAY! I won't be the only Gorillaz cosplayer! (<----wearing Noodle's pink Phase 2 outfit to Ohayocon)

=D! AWESOME! Another Noodle! ^^ My Noodle's going to have Noodle's costume from the 'Last Living Souls' illustration. I'm not sure which 2D for me yet ^^;;;. If my Murdoc ends up coming, she'll be bringing her boyfriend, so then we'll also have a Russel! And we might even have a (dun dun dun DUUUUN!!!) Paula XD! Yay I can't wait! -dances like 2D in the Dirty Harry video- -Edo

Fullmetal Chibi
12-09-2005, 11:21 PM
=D! AWESOME! Another Noodle! ^^ My Noodle's going to have Noodle's costume from the 'Last Living Souls' illustration. I'm not sure which 2D for me yet ^^;;;. If my Murdoc ends up coming, she'll be bringing her boyfriend, so then we'll also have a Russel! And we might even have a (dun dun dun DUUUUN!!!) Paula XD! Yay I can't wait! -dances like 2D in the Dirty Harry video- -Edo

Well...actually my Noodle changed her mind and is being this (http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c331/Dent-Tastic/Other/eeevillll.jpg) version (but the coat will have four pockets), and we might have a Del now! =D -Edo

Andrea
12-10-2005, 12:51 AM
If I end up going, Gremio from the first Suikoden game is... well, kinda rare, in that I don't know if I've ever seen anyone cosplay him except on Japanese sites. -_- Also possibly Dorian from From Eroica With Love, but I'll likely save that for when I'll have my Klaus with me. ;)

And then Get Backers isn't really rare anymore, but I've only seen one other Masaki cosplayer. :D

Miyabi-
12-10-2005, 11:37 AM
Wow..so many things I've not heard of! I need to go brush up so I can recognize you guys!! (If I don't and you recognize me first be sure to say hi and tell me who you are!)

Marisca4
12-16-2005, 11:33 PM
I'm going as Izumi from Princess Nine (in the school uniform) and I have some friends that are going to be Meroko and Takuto from Full Moon wo Sagashite. Also, I think there may be some Manga Carta costumes in our ranks..... but we'll see.

I'm cosplaying as meroko, too!! Do you know what day they are doing their full moon cosplays? I would love to get a picture with them!! ^_^

TheLoneWolf
12-18-2005, 01:24 AM
I'll be cosplaying as the count from The Count of Monte Cristo, Ryoudo from Grandia II, and Calintz from Magna Carta 1.

All pretty rare, I'd say~

animeroxmysox13
12-18-2005, 02:49 PM
i'm cosplaying hiroto from alice nine X3 i don't think i've seen many alice nine cosplays

Hikaru0
12-19-2005, 08:49 AM
oo rare! I can play!
I'm supposed to be doing a costume from Pretear, and maybe Gogo will rear up it's blindingly technicolor, bling-covered head again...>:3

marsie
12-19-2005, 09:17 AM
oo rare! I can play!
I'm supposed to be doing a costume from Pretear, and maybe Gogo will rear up it's blindingly technicolor, bling-covered head again...>:3

Your gogo makes me want to go into Orgasmic spasms.
I am planning on getting a FFVI cosplay group together for a con soon. I hope I can tempt you into joining!

Hikaru0
12-19-2005, 09:59 AM
:3 groups are fun. I'd be honored!

Hpenca
12-23-2005, 09:44 PM
Well I'm going to cosplay as Yuzuki from chobits! ^^;; I haven't seen very many Yuzuki cosplayers.

KirieHimuro
12-26-2005, 10:01 AM
Is anyone going to be going as a rarer cosplay? I would love to know if there is something really rare so I can get a picture.

Being overdone is the main reason I have switched from neji to illpalazo. So im just curious who else is trying to cosplay something rarer.

Well here is a list and you can decide if they are rare...I believe they are.

Friday-
Mafuyu-fatal frame
Hanlon -pet shop of horrors

Sat-
Kirie - Fatal Frame
(i'll also have a young kirie cosplayer with me , a master of the house and a REALLY ghetto long arms)

Hikaruchan
12-26-2005, 10:39 PM
I am trying to get a Magna Carta Estell to wearable state.

ParnsAngel
12-31-2005, 01:30 AM
Whoa hikaruchan! Im bringing my Estell too XD Ellytwins too!!

If I stop procrastinating, Im going to bring the Auctioneer costume from Lineage II. Seeing as no one's EVER done this costume before (and well, no one will know what it is either XD) I would say thats rare XD Its cute though. So it doesnt matter that no one knows what Im from *lol*

Lineage II woo!!! :3

gambit_rogue84
12-31-2005, 01:56 AM
I'll be going as Nakago from Fushigi Yuugi.....ive never actually seen a nakago cosplayer before. I'm kinda mad though because I'm not going to have my armor finished for this con so I'm having to throw together a temporary set out of vinyl and other fabrics....I'm almost done though ^__^

ParaPara*Tsu
12-31-2005, 10:53 AM
Well...My final list is basicly seeming to be rare cosplay-
Sakura Shinguji from Sakura Taisen
Miyavi -Freedom Fighters PV Version-
Kaname Chidori - Full Metal Panic!-
And EGL, one in a million custom design called Pink?Rave Chaos
Mitsuki from Full Moon wo Sagashite
Roku from Pop'n Music (self designed outfit)
and
Tsugaru RAVE outfit (original Charrie)
YAYS!

Marisca4
12-31-2005, 11:11 AM
Well...My final list is basicly seeming to be rare cosplay-
Sakura Shinguji from Sakura Taisen
Miyavi -Freedom Fighters PV Version-
Kaname Chidori - Full Metal Panic!-
And EGL, one in a million custom design called Pink?Rave Chaos
Mitsuki from Full Moon wo Sagashite
Roku from Pop'n Music (self designed outfit)
and
Tsugaru RAVE outfit (original Charrie)
YAYS!

Any chance you will be wearing mitsuki on friday (before 4) or on sunday? I'm cosplaying as meroko and would love to get pictures with you! ^_^

ParaPara*Tsu
12-31-2005, 11:16 AM
Sunday works, there is no way in heck I can get there before 4 Fri. I got school, and my ride will be at work....if he'll take me.. o_o;;;;
And I would love to see Meroko cosplay.
When I get Skinny she's the first person I'm cosplaying! (which'll be like never. I can't lose weight *cries*)

Marisca4
12-31-2005, 11:21 AM
Sunday works, there is no way in heck I can get there before 4 Fri. I got school, and my ride will be at work....if he'll take me.. o_o;;;;
And I would love to see Meroko cosplay.
When I get Skinny she's the first person I'm cosplaying! (which'll be like never. I can't lose weight *cries*)

Yay! I will be cosplaying as meroko all day sunday. My friend (Nikolai) will be dressed as takuto and he may be up for taking pictures too. I will hunt you down at the con!

ParaPara*Tsu
12-31-2005, 11:37 AM
lol. Have fun... Speaking of Mitsuki.. I need to fingure out how to get the curly pigtails..xD

Marisca4
12-31-2005, 11:54 AM
lol. Have fun... Speaking of Mitsuki.. I need to fingure out how to get the curly pigtails..xD

I've seen a tutorial on the forums somewhere. I will PM you when I find the link. ^_^

Hikaruchan
01-04-2006, 02:48 PM
Whoa hikaruchan! Im bringing my Estell too XD Ellytwins too!!

What day are you planning on wearing Estell - I probably will be wearing it part of Saturday so was wondering if would have a mini MC group :)

ParnsAngel
01-05-2006, 01:29 AM
I think Im totally wearing her part of Saturday!

...dont know which part....maybe towards eveningish?

Ill have a Calintz around too ^____^

Woooo MC fun!! ^^

kamelle
01-06-2006, 11:58 AM
I'm cosplaying a piece of hyung tae kim's art. Her name is Elodie and the only other person to cosplay it I have seen is Dia. Get ready for big pink and silver wings and a short little pink dress...oo!

Shinteetah
01-10-2006, 12:11 AM
I hit both rare and overdone this weekend -- I played the Count from Gankutsuou again (I was the only one for a while, then found another online, and now I saw another real live Count at Ohayocon 2006) and then the next day I was yet another Edward Elric from Fullmetal Alchemist. ;-)

agius
01-10-2006, 08:38 AM
I was Haku-in-a-dress... I've never seen it before, so I'd say it's fairly rare. I was also a catboy with a giant bell, which isn't rare.

NecromanticChii
01-10-2006, 09:11 AM
I was Nia from Dears. Only 7 people at the convention knew who I was. ^_^

FrenziedFury
01-10-2006, 05:50 PM
I did a Star Wars cosplay. While not totally rare, it's rare enough at an anime con.

Koga_Sakamaru
01-10-2006, 06:59 PM
I think was the only kamon there. 8 people reconized me!

Su-chan
01-10-2006, 07:35 PM
Like Shinteetah, I did both very rare and overdone... on Friday, I was Setsuko from Grave of the Fireflies (my current avatar); while very few people recognized me, those who did were so complimentary. On Saturday I was Aeris from FFVII (there were at least 5 Aeris's at the con... I was the only one with her umbrella weapon, though, and it was so exciting when people actually recognized it as one of her weapons and weren't just like "uhh, what the...?" So I guess my really popular costume had a rare element. :geek:

Menchi
01-11-2006, 12:06 AM
is aya (interlude) or akari usada (digi charat nyo) rare or such? either way n obody knew what it was minus the one guy on thursday night when i was talking to him about the costumes i had.

Hilary
01-11-2006, 01:09 AM
I'm happy to report that my partner and crime and I were the only Gunbuster cosplayers at the con, and possibly the only young Sophie and Howl and the con!

KGBFKP
01-11-2006, 01:39 AM
I was Jimmy Kudo, and to my knowledge nobody dressed up as a Case Closed/Detective Conan character besides me.

NecromanticChii
01-11-2006, 08:50 AM
I think was the only kamon there. 8 people reconized me!
Thats more than me. (Although 2 of the seven were planning of cosplaying off the same show as I did.)

tohru_tohru
01-11-2006, 09:41 AM
My boyfriend and I cosplayed Marmalade Boy. No specific characters, we just wore the high school outfits. We got recognized 4 times ^.^

And I'm so mad because I cosplayed Yukari from Azumanga Daioh on Saturday, and there were some Azumanga groups running around on Friday and Sunday :/

XxkalexX
01-12-2006, 12:20 AM
I was Ness...A rather rare cosplay as said by the ppl who recognized me...which was alot...but then again i had ppl calling me lil slugger. How can you get those two confused? aww well, oh i also had Mr. Saturn with me ^_^

KGBFKP
01-12-2006, 11:02 PM
Ha ha ha ha I remember you there as Ness, nice choice.

Traeonna
01-13-2006, 11:31 AM
I did Moegi from Naruto and to my knowledge, I'm the only one so far who has done her at the cons I've been to (and I haven't found anyone online yet).

I was 9th Elsewhere's first cosplayer...it's a webcomic...so maybe it doesn't count...but it was my Sunday "relaxed" cosplay. I did Optimism.

I'm hoping at the next con there won't be any more of this cosplay I'm working on right now. So far so good...but it's a secret. ;)

TronFantasy
01-14-2006, 06:27 AM
I was Jimmy Kudo, and to my knowledge nobody dressed up as a Case Closed/Detective Conan character besides me.

Well actually, I was a sweet Lolita version of Kaitou Kid on Saturday morning.

(And I kick myself for not bringing the fem-Conan cosplay this year)

Oreo_Otaku
01-14-2006, 01:10 PM
I'm doing a Chim-Chim cosplay from Speed Racer. That's rare, right? So far it's 70% done.

KGBFKP
01-15-2006, 01:03 PM
Well actually, I was a sweet Lolita version of Kaitou Kid on Saturday morning.

(And I kick myself for not bringing the fem-Conan cosplay this year)

OMG that would have been awsome if you dressed up as Connan. I heard some guy tell me on Saturday than the next day (Sunday) there would be somne case closed celebration cause he claims it was their anniversary, asnd he would dress up as inspector mcguire. He said there would be cake and all kinds of thing, I doubted it the whole time and I don't think it ever happened either.

Voltz
01-15-2006, 01:59 PM
DID ANY ONE SEE MY Mysteriously Vanishing Star cosplay? I was the space pirate.

TronFantasy
01-15-2006, 10:34 PM
OMG that would have been awsome if you dressed up as Connan. I heard some guy tell me on Saturday than the next day (Sunday) there would be somne case closed celebration cause he claims it was their anniversary, asnd he would dress up as inspector mcguire. He said there would be cake and all kinds of thing, I doubted it the whole time and I don't think it ever happened either.

Yeah, I was the one that was holding it (the 10th anniversary of the anime was Jan. 8, was going to be held on the 7th). But I couldn't do it, plus I had no time to make a post saying I'm not doing it.

Because....
1: My mom was totally stressing on the Bridal Show that was held that same weekend (she was going to make the cake), so I told her to forget my request, I didn't want her to get an ulcer.
2: NO place to hold it. Even if I found one, how would I tell the others?
3: In MY stress getting reading for the con, I forgot my CD player and song lists (for the Detective Conan music. I had three CDs with all of the theme songs (about 49))
4: I was feeling sick on the Saturday.

Ashiri-chan
01-20-2006, 01:27 AM
DID ANY ONE SEE MY Mysteriously Vanishing Star cosplay? I was the space pirate.

Oh! Oh! I saw you! Very accurate Jim ^_^ I LOVED the belt. It was so well done.

Hopefully we can get a group together soon XD I've always wanted to do someone from that series as well.

KGBFKP
01-20-2006, 11:17 AM
Yeah, I was the one that was holding it (the 10th anniversary of the anime was Jan. 8, was going to be held on the 7th). But I couldn't do it, plus I had no time to make a post saying I'm not doing it.

Because....
1: My mom was totally stressing on the Bridal Show that was held that same weekend (she was going to make the cake), so I told her to forget my request, I didn't want her to get an ulcer.
2: NO place to hold it. Even if I found one, how would I tell the others?
3: In MY stress getting reading for the con, I forgot my CD player and song lists (for the Detective Conan music. I had three CDs with all of the theme songs (about 49))
4: I was feeling sick on the Saturday.

Well I hope your better now, and I'm glad that guy wasn't lieing.