PDA

View Full Version : Con weekend: Dress warm

Bagu
11-16-2005, 12:04 PM
Looks as though the warmer than normal weather is finally going to end tonight and highs will be in the 50's pretty much the remainder of the week, with lows in the 30s, though it should be sunny.

doh...I take that back...we'll probably get some of the nasty weather thats over in Ohio at the moment this weekend :P

Tess
11-16-2005, 02:43 PM
Yuck. Well, I can't exactly "dress warm" [most of my costumes are sleeveless ;_;] but I'll try to stay inside except for the cosplay.com photoshoot.

@-->--- Tess

bag0k
11-16-2005, 05:13 PM
I'm glad this aint katsucon 05 which was held in two seprate hotels... >_< That was freeeeeeeezing! (I'm glad I wore a hot costume! Going outside was just heaven...)

Darth Takeo
11-16-2005, 05:38 PM
I'm glad this aint katsucon 05 which was held in two seprate hotels... >_< That was freeeeeeeezing! (I'm glad I wore a hot costume! Going outside was just heaven...)
Amen. That was crazy and crazy cold. The Team stayed at a hotel 2 blocks away so it was a bit of a hassle...

I like the 'one location' cons like Anime USA so there's a straight shot or not much need to leave the premises...

makotohanabi
11-16-2005, 11:02 PM
Looks as though the warmer than normal weather is finally going to end tonight and highs will be in the 50's pretty much the remainder of the week, with lows in the 30s, though it should be sunny.

doh...I take that back...we'll probably get some of the nasty weather thats over in Ohio at the moment this weekend :P

Probably should put Youko away until spring/summer, but it might work for the rave. Thanks for the head's up. Hope it's not as bad as Katsnowcon.

walking between hotels for katsu was bad, but people asking you for pictures in the middle of a busy street in the freezing cold is not good. Especially when trying to dodge traffic in 6in heels.

GreatSG
11-17-2005, 12:06 AM
Good thing I was planning to bring a jacket anyway, of course i'll probably be staying inside for most of the convention anyway.

JonnyStarwind
11-17-2005, 07:00 AM
I don't gotta worry.
My Vash and Inuyasha cosplay will keep me warm and toasty

SpookyElectric
11-17-2005, 07:08 AM
Heh. Yeah. I'm actually happy for a cool weather con since my costumes are all a minimum of two layers & long sleeves. Though 30s is a bit low, but I doubt I'll be outside at night much anyway.

LaPetiteSalope
11-17-2005, 08:13 AM

Yeah putting the cons into two seperate hotels was total BS. I thought the Guest Speakers were suppost to be held in the Sherton Hotel so I walked over there in my Cheza cosplay (which was just a small cape and thin body suit) freezing my butt off. Grrr...when I got there they THEN told me the schedual changed and it would be held in the Marriot instead. GAHHH!

RaveMastaSora
11-17-2005, 10:07 AM
I'm going to freeze. omg. xD.....(going as Sora KH2) and i have to walk to the con too >< !
xD oh well.

Mandyness
11-17-2005, 12:29 PM
@_@ I have to many short sleeve costumes and skirts @_@ I think I have only two costumes that are long sleeve and warm....But I shall keep inside due to I can't get another cold before my brother wedding which is not this weekend but NEXT WEEKEND!! *dies* well....yesh Keep warm and toasty >.>

Runi-Chan
11-17-2005, 03:28 PM
oi...I'm going to FREEZE Saturday...freaken Ay, maybe i shouldn't have planned for Wrath to come to AUSA..ah well...all the more reason for Wrath to glomp someone who's nice and warm.

Osuwari
11-17-2005, 03:52 PM
Yeah most of my outfits are like short sleeve or dresses *falls over* Yeah we will be frezzing :(

Runi-Chan
11-17-2005, 06:59 PM
yay freezing!

Bagu
11-21-2005, 04:04 PM
well its good the weather held up the whole weekend.

its monday now and has been lightly rain all day. :P