PDA

View Full Version : Video - I Survived Oni-Con!: Oni-Con 2005

MarzGurl
11-17-2005, 09:43 AM
It's done! It's really, really done! It's here!

http://www.marzgurlproductions.com/video/oni2005.wmv

28 mins, 55 secs
106 Megs

Thanks to everyone who gave me so much support, thank you to everyone who was patient enough to wait for me to finish, even through uploading the video for 11 hours on a dial-up server! This video was the most fun to film, the most stressful to upload, and the easiest to edit. Please, enjoy!

Raver-Sakura
11-17-2005, 12:48 PM
OMG! I've got to see this! But I cant right now....Im in class... ._. Oh well!

BlueRose
11-17-2005, 08:53 PM
so what ^ that con sucked it big... and thats not even an opinion.

hanyou741
11-17-2005, 11:36 PM
It was a good video, but I think it could have been better if the con had gone better. I blame the hotel, they really did screw over oni-con ><! Evil!

XD, it was pretty funny, I could point myself out so easily in the cosplay crowd, the bright highlighter pink hair stood out well, lol ^ ^ ;;..Ah the fun of Cosplaying as Shuichi, XD!

Raver-Sakura
11-18-2005, 01:08 PM
The Hotel was very evil indeed.
Im glad they're going to change the hotel for next year's Onicon.
The video was cool! *claps* Yet again another good con vid Marz-chan

Cherry
11-19-2005, 07:14 PM
Yay! :d

Hug_the_Monster
11-20-2005, 12:19 AM
Great video (as always), I'm just glad you didn't put that dancing footage up. I might have been a tad bit embaressed. Well, I have to get back to my house. Marz, catch me on MSN sometime, I'm going to ask for your advice between the costumes for next year's Oni-Con.

Danzikumaru
11-21-2005, 02:30 AM

First off, that is an opinion. Casting one's opinion as fact has to be one of the highest levels of arogant elitist asshatery one can do.

Also, if you're just here to insult a con and/or video that somebody put an extraordinary amount of time and effort into, I suggest you take it elsewhere.

Other than that, I'll let Cherry deal with it

Oh, awesome video, Marz, looking foreward to our cosplay music video collab.

Cherry
11-21-2005, 02:38 AM

The con did not suck. >/ Oni got screwed over BIG TIME by the hotel. Even the video points out that it was the hotel trying to shut them down or move them or not give them our equipment the whole time. . . and they all tried REALLY hard. And ontop of that, MarzGurl worked EXTREMELY hard on this video. Mind you, I only ran cosplay, but I saw how hard the staff was working 24/7 to try and keep people happy. ;_;

Looking at the fact that you lack any cosplay pictures or anything cosplay-related...The big question is:
Why are you even on Cosplay.com? To try and make people feel bad? To put down a video that a girl used her entire convention time working on it , and weeks after putting it together so that we can all have a well documented look at our conventions and share memories with others?

Raver-Sakura
11-21-2005, 01:19 PM
GO CHERRY! Most agreed with you!! *claps*

rabidfanboy
11-21-2005, 01:26 PM
I loved <3 Oni-con and had a blast; regardless of the hotel issues. It was one of the most fun cons I've been too.

BlueRose
11-22-2005, 04:02 AM
The con did not suck. >/ Oni got screwed over BIG TIME by the hotel. Even the video points out that it was the hotel trying to shut them down or move them or not give them our equipment the whole time. . . and they all tried REALLY hard. And ontop of that, MarzGurl worked EXTREMELY hard on this video. Mind you, I only ran cosplay, but I saw how hard the staff was working 24/7 to try and keep people happy. ;_;

Looking at the fact that you lack any cosplay pictures or anything cosplay-related...The big question is:
Why are you even on Cosplay.com? To try and make people feel bad? To put down a video that a girl used her entire convention time working on it , and weeks after putting it together so that we can all have a well documented look at our conventions and share memories with others?

you're kidding right? If you can point out where I said anything about marzgirl's video or other cosplayers on the site for that matter; then you can try to hold an effective argument, until then -> I was simply pointing out the hotel did screw the con over, which did downgrade the con exponentially from what it could of been/ was last year. Therefore, making the convention bad...you can argue about 'hard work' all you want to. Fact is, the hotel charged a ridiculous parking fee, which in-turn made alot of volunteers split because of it, short-changing the help and driving people to 'work hard', who had their reasons. It was a low-star hotel with new management that didnt want the con to happen at all. There was mold in the hotels, some of the guests were too passive and seem like they didn't want to be there. Also, about the cosplay-part, I dont take time to upload pictures since mine are developed; dorry i dont live on the internet. But its ok, I see whats going on here; despite what I say, you and other people in this thread will back eachother up just because of a negative comment...no matter what I say.

well whatever, do you

-Star

Isamu-kun
11-22-2005, 05:04 AM
It was a great video! i like the music kekeke X3 saw myslef a few time woot go sol XD yea the hotel was pretty bad but i try not to let that ruin my good time too much over all i did come out of this con with a lot of fun thing to remmber and a lot of great new friends :bigtu: hey i even got to meet cherry and hassle her at the cosplay pratice at the door X3 btw sorry cherry i didnt mean to come off like a a$$ X3 anyway! alway look for the sliver lineing right? remmber the good and let the bad fade away ::woosh: XD

Evil Kimba
11-22-2005, 11:51 AM
you're kidding right? If you can point out where I said anything about marzgirl's video or other cosplayers on the site for that matter; then you can try to hold an effective argument, until then -> I was simply pointing out the hotel did screw the con over, which did downgrade the con exponentially from what it could of been/ was last year. Therefore, making the convention bad...you can argue about 'hard work' all you want to. Fact is, the hotel charged a ridiculous parking fee, which in-turn made alot of volunteers split because of it, short-changing the help and driving people to 'work hard', who had their reasons. It was a low-star hotel with new management that didnt want the con to happen at all. There was mold in the hotels, some of the guests were too passive and seem like they didn't want to be there. Also, about the cosplay-part, I dont take time to upload pictures since mine are developed; dorry i dont live on the internet. But its ok, I see whats going on here; despite what I say, you and other people in this thread will back eachother up just because of a negative comment...no matter what I say.

well whatever, do you

-Star

And then WHY did you feel the need to post off-topic in a thread about a video? There were other places to park than at the hotel. The hotel changed management about two weeks before the con. The con did not suck because the hotel did. If you let the problems with the hotel interfere with your con time/experience, then that's your problem and not theirs. Hey, pronouns! If you want to complain about the hotel, there's a thread for that. http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=70364

We wouldn't be jumping on your ass if you didn't post off-topic in this thread and said that your opinion was fact. Casting one's opinion as fact is extremely arrogant. You're not making any friends here.

And just because some people take the time to upload cosplay photos/videos means that they live on the internet? Wow, that's news to me. Grow up. Please. You've been cosplaying for two years, you should at least have one photo. Until you get pictures in your gallery? No one's going to take you seriously here.

Oh, and paragraph breaks are your friends.

BlueRose
11-22-2005, 01:32 PM
Wow, somebody's taking this personally. I wasn't even talking to you.

telling someone to use paragraph breaks?

wtf?.. lame

But i'll tell ya what, im gonna contradict myself, but i'll get those pics up for you as soon as I can...and c'mon, things go off-topic here very frequently. :)

Danzikumaru
11-23-2005, 02:51 AM
Wow, somebody's taking this personally. I wasn't even talking to you.

telling someone to use paragraph breaks?

wtf?.. lame

But i'll tell ya what, im gonna contradict myself, but i'll get those pics up for you as soon as I can...and c'mon, things go off-topic here very frequently. :)

Your condecension isn't appreciated. Also, it doesn't matter who you were talking to. Anytime you make such a bold and, admitedly, blunt statement, expect backlash. Even from strangers. A little thing called netiquette would do you wonders. Also, your one to be calling anyone lame. Just shut up and go home

Evil Kimba
11-23-2005, 03:02 AM
Bringing the thread back on topic...

Awesome video, as always. :3 ...Me = easy to spot in a crowd...look for the biiig red scythe. :P

Cherry
11-23-2005, 04:58 AM
(EDIT) I had something more sarcastic typed here, but I decided against it. I'm just going to drop this, out of respect for Marzgurl. I don't have to argue my point, as it's pretty obvious you had no commentary to offer to this thread, but just wanted to put down the convention. That's fine, too. You're entitled to your opinion. Though, if the con 'blew so hard', I would suggest firmly e-mailing your ideas for improvement to me at cosplay@oni-con.com, or even to our head administrator, I believe she can be reached at admin@oni-con.com. Feel free to tell us how we could have better delt with the hotel issues, and what your thoughts on the matter are. Also, I would like to point out that the hotel was actually originally a not so bad hotel, with staff that really wanted us there. ^_^; It was bought and renamed by someone else. Again, I'm not entirely sure how that's our fault or could have been avoided, but if you have ideas, please email them to us. We really are eager to hear what people have to say about the con.

. . . Ahem. Back on topic. :D

That video was AWESOME. The dancing thing for thirty seconds on stage REALLY surprised me, but me and Gren were quick to run out and dance. I thought it was one of the most original things I had seen for some time. xD

The fact that the crowd did almost a PERFECT wave was also impressive. XDDDD

I love you, MarzGurl! :DDDD!

BlueRose
11-23-2005, 10:10 PM
Yeah I agree, still a good video.

effervescence
11-24-2005, 02:26 PM
YAY MARZ! YOu make me happy, very happy. Awesome video as usual!

Raver-Sakura
11-26-2005, 01:01 AM
Onicon was a blast and seeing that video will have us all warm and fuzzy inside.
The hotel sucked but I think we all had a good time overall

kimuhalu
11-27-2005, 01:26 PM
Im not near Oni-con or anything, but I enjoyed your video very much. As I havent been to a convention yet, I was amazed at what took place during a con, and actually seeing footage of it. It makes me want to go to a convention even more next year. Your skit was awesome and unexpected. :heart:

Tenya Muyo
11-28-2005, 01:23 AM
Nice Work Marzgurl!! Seeing photos of past events helps to remind me of what happened, in case i forget; seeing it in moving video format..... Friggin's Awsome!! Great work! And look, you're showing new con goers what it's like. Yesssss~~, bring the fresh blood to the dark side........ *heh heh heh* XD

Please say there will be Ushicon GO video in the plans, ney?

MarzGurl
11-28-2005, 02:47 PM
Well, yeah, I'm on Video staff at Ushicon yet again. Actually, my birthday is January 27th, the Friday of Ushicon, so I'm definately showing up to make the best of it. I have quite a few good plans for a new video, too.

Thanks for all the good comments! And I know nobody made any comments about the video that were in poor taste. The comment about the con sucking I know was due to the hotel. We all know this. And my video brought it up. So I understand.

I hereby call all arguments closed. Long live the power of Marz.

Glad it was enjoyable. I'm just happy I can help make memories. ^_^

basiik
12-26-2005, 08:37 PM
What a great video!!

I totally spotted one of my hats during the cosplay scene! XD Thanks, seeing how I missed all the activities, not staying at the hotel and manning my table all day. Hope to see the Ushicon one, as I'm not attending that.

inu-chan00
12-28-2005, 07:33 PM
Am I too late to join on the "I love MarzGurl" waggon ; o ;!!!
Thanks soo much girly! It was AWSOME to look back at the con, and Im happy to see the footage I had of myslef on there with my friends!!!
Too bad I looked like a "FRUITE-TARD" on the small interview I did as Kamui ; o ;!
Oh well..I learn better next time.

THANKS AGAIN!! Ill make sure to lok out for you at future cons!

Ludger03
12-30-2005, 09:15 PM
Frikkin AWESOME vid.

love the video work, keep it up.

from
yamib03

MarzGurl
01-02-2006, 09:27 PM
Aw, thanks for all the compliments, you guys! ^_^; Ushicon is less than a month away, you know, so we can look forward to yet another video of funfunfun. :D

Malicious
01-07-2006, 04:44 PM
Marzgurl...what do u do with all the footage you take out? just curious

MarzGurl
01-14-2006, 12:43 AM
I still have them on tapes/DVDs. Either filed... or lying around my apartment randomly somewhere.

jinnai
01-21-2006, 11:39 PM
Yeah her videos are always great...her friend that does the "YO!" thing is getting some cult attention from my friends (we LOVE that guy!)

I'll return to Texas for some more cons soon!

glimmung
02-11-2006, 09:06 AM
Great video (as always), I'm just glad you didn't put that dancing footage up. I might have been a tad bit embaressed. Well, I have to get back to my house. Marz, catch me on MSN sometime, I'm going to ask for your advice between the costumes for next year's Oni-Con.
My daughter loved dancing with you at the Masquerade. I wish I had footage of that. The pics I snapped were pretty dark; you can make out my daughter in the Sailor Moon costume, but you are hidden in the darkness (a natural Hug the Monster defense akin to Predator's camoflage?hmmm) anyways, always love MarzGurl's creations, look forward to seeing Hug at the next con, as well as the rest of you.