PDA

View Full Version : METREON Anime Festival 2003

Pages : [1] 2

Eurobeat King
02-06-2003, 10:15 PM
Hey everyone,

Here's another anime event that's coming up; well, it's still a LOOONG ways to go, but I thought I might let people know the date for it so they can plan for it:

The 3rd annual Anime Festival at the Sony METREON in San Francisco, CA will take place on Saturday & Sunday, October 11th & 12th. (It doesn't conflict with Animagic, which is October 3-5, so I'll have 2 weekends in a row of cosplay/anime-related events) :D Last year for those who attended, they had a few events like model contests, anime panels, a cosplay contest, a dance (sorta, but DJ Socket & Mod had some nice tunes), and they showed new anime like Inu Yasha, Sakura Taisen OVA, Melty Lancer, and the big premiere was the Cowboy Bebop Movie. :)

Since I now work at the Metreon (I started working there AFTER the 2002 MAF) my boss who runs it let me know the planned date for it, and asked my opinions for what events we should have for the 2003 MAF. She said it's going to be more of the same like last year, but have new additions like Playstation competitions (she hinted at a Gundam competition (Federation vs. Zeon) So in the meantime I'm open to listening to suggestions to pass along to the Metreon heads who are organizing this, to see what people are interested in having this year. Perhaps a cosplayer DDR competition? I'll listen to whatever people want but I can't guarantee anything at this point.. it's still a ways to go..

Cosplay-wise for myself, I haven't decided on anything yet although I'm tempted to cosplay as Ryosuke Takahashi and bring my FC3S to pose next to the 4 Initial D: Arcade Stage machines that they have on the 3rd floor of the Metreon now. (Hopefully they'll still be there come October, and it looks good since the machines have been bringing in the $$ each day.) :skidude2:

Anyway, please reply back if you think you can attend the MAF this year, what you might cosplay as, and any suggestions for events you might like to have to make it fun. Ciao~

Babbit_Chan
02-06-2003, 10:20 PM
Alriiiiiiight I was waiting for news on the next festival. I know I won't be playing any DDR in heels this time around if I cosplay, that's for sure -_-

Miaka No Baka
02-07-2003, 12:02 AM
hey a ddr competition sounds good. They really should put one of those 7th mix machines by the movie theater in the air tight garage and put that 1.5 mix machine in it's place. XD but yeah if there's a ddr tourney how are they going to run it? I know fanime had you pay $5 a person which went for the cost and then you'd wait ur turn then go up play 1 song they scored you on that using whatever criteria they came up with. But umm I know someone who I could put u in contact with who'd help get it running and get a huge turnout for it like most of the ddr competitions if the person I know still does that. ^_^; oh yeah perhaps next year for the cosplay thing if they find a better place to hold it at. It was kinda hard to see everyone when you're stuck in a big mob, and it was hard to get through that area too. ^_^;

Miaka no Baka

ZiggyB
02-07-2003, 12:09 AM
Hey Euro, I'll probably be there. I have *no* idea what costume I'd wear. Definatly not Zack again though. :P I got too many weird looks from the mundanes that day. :)

Eurobeat King
02-07-2003, 01:12 AM
Miaka: The DDR 7th (MAX 2) at the Metreon are on the 3rd floor, and since Loews Theater is in charge of them, (not operated by the other floors by Sony), those machines are going to stay put and still charge $2 per play. :thumbsup: So right now the machines that are there for any kind of would-be tourneys would be 1st mix and USA. I know that when you paid for your MAF registration, you got a free gaming card that had free points for you to use in Portal One (they don't like it when you refer the arcade as ATG instead of "Portal One", don't ask me =P) so you could use those, or else I'll suggest if it's for a COSPLAY DDR Tourney, that anyone in a costume can participate, and the peeps who run P-1 can supply the points/credits to let those in cosplay enter for free.. As for the place where to have it, well.. currently they moved the DDR machines to a more open place (near the entrance) so that's where they'll be. Who's to say come October if they move them again, but that's up to management..

Ziggy: But you WON a prize as Zack, and that's what counted, right? ;) IF they had DOA as a fighting-game in there, more people would've recognized ya..

ZiggyB
02-07-2003, 01:31 AM
Actually the MC recognized me. I was outside getting some air and we talked a bit. Hehe.

Yah, I got some cool hamtaro stuff, but I could have lived without the looks. :)

LionBoogy
02-07-2003, 02:10 AM
I'll be theeeEEEEeeeeeEEeeerrrrrrree~~

- Lionel

Raider3
02-07-2003, 05:48 AM
Coolness... Yeah, I'll be there again, weekend after the Ani-Magic adventure, and probably carrying just as much electronic gear as well - Finally broke down and got a digital still camera this year, never mind that I've got tons of Digital8 that needs to be video captured, burned to disc or spit back out on tape after editing... Only thing holding me back is the need for better software.

Nonetheless.. I'll be there, yeah...

Miaka No Baka
02-07-2003, 11:09 AM
yeah cool cosplay ddr is fun XD aoshi and I entered at fanime as li and sakura and we got 2nd place =D yeah that would be cool ^_^ I know at fanime the judges took your costume into effect and then the song you chose as well. And for those who can't play that well, even if you failed ur song it didn't really hurt you ^_^ it was more of ppl in costume playing ddr ^_^

Sorry just used to it being called air tight garage lol. Why'd they change the name anyways? ^_^;;

oh yeah ziggy: at least u werent a giant fish for like the whole day ^_^; You werent the only one who got weird looks from ppl heeheh ^_~

Miaka no Baka

Kenshin Ken
02-07-2003, 11:52 AM
count me in! ^^v Although I wonder if October's gonna be packed again this year...like it was last year ^^;

Babbit_Chan
02-07-2003, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by Kenshin Ken
count me in! ^^v Although I wonder if October's gonna be packed again this year...like it was last year ^^;
Gah, for everyone who went SATURDAY!...

Kenshin Ken
02-07-2003, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by Babbit_Chan
Gah, for everyone who went SATURDAY!...
Yeah just Saturday..^^;; the effects of that day kinda...killed alot of the cospalying excitment for the following day ^^; ( I can rant a lil on it...but it wouldn't do me any good ^^)

Hope it turns out better this year ^^.

ZiggyB
02-07-2003, 04:55 PM
Miaka No Baka: Aww, but I loved your costume! And I only stepped on your tail a couple of times. :>

Hehe, damn those mundanes, spoiling all of our fun. :)

Babbit: Hey! I saw you on Sunday! I didn't know it was, you but I saw you. :)

videogirlc
02-07-2003, 10:15 PM
Wow already a date for it. Probably will be there, don't know what I'll wear. Don''t think I'll join the ddr tournament either. (not good enough) If they get a party room for us again tell them to give us our own room and not in the middle of the crowded arcade.

Michi
02-07-2003, 11:43 PM
I'll go~ and I'll cosplay this time! 'cause I was too lazy last year and had too much fun the year before. ^___^

Probably something Rayearth. Hmm.

Luna
02-16-2003, 12:41 PM
I've heard that the best day to go to Metreon is a first day of the Con, Saturday. Well we showed up on Sunday last year and it was boring and nothing was really going on. We left and went to Japan town instead. I hope maybe this year they will have a better video line up for both days.

Babbit_Chan
02-16-2003, 01:24 PM
Luna: YES! Amen to that - Sunday was VERY uneventful and I will never forget the fact that only 3 people (including me) cosplayed that day. >_<;;

Umi
02-16-2003, 05:10 PM
There should be some type of karaoke contest. Or maybe just an open mic event. Those are always fun ^__^v

Michi
02-17-2003, 04:16 AM
Sunday of the Festival in 2001 was really dull, too. I dressed up anyway, and ran around playing games and stuff, but there... wasn't much going on. Didn't even bother with Sunday last year. ^_^; If you only go one day, GO SATURDAY. Nya.

Babbit_Chan
02-17-2003, 07:28 PM
Michi: You dressed up? As who? I can't believe I missed ya x_x

Ukayoru no Chou
02-17-2003, 07:33 PM
Uh Babbit, she said Sunday 2001- :P

I'll prolly go and just saturday, seeing as how its kinda a trip rom sac to down there, so yea. Not exactly sure who I'll cosplay, but someone and I'll be around just to bug you all.

Nadeshiko
02-22-2003, 06:58 PM
I speak for my friends who went there last year...dance floor for whatever dance is planned. ^^

Hopefully, I'll be able to go this year. *crosses fingers*

Babbit_Chan
02-22-2003, 09:04 PM
Uka: Dammit why'd you have to tell everyone I'm an ass?!

Isaldur
09-15-2003, 03:26 AM
Looks like I'll be making the insane bart/bus/muni trip again next month!! But Japan town was a real blast and the metreon one is bound to be even more fun!!

:starts planning: time to update my sig!

Hitori
09-15-2003, 10:26 AM
Wee~ I think I'll be there^_^ Maybe I'll have Eagle finished(yay!)

Nadeshiko
09-15-2003, 11:24 AM
I'll definately be there as well. Last year I didn't have the chance to go because I had to go down to LA.

As far as cosplay...it's either going to be X (red dress Karen and Aoki...should Traveling Valentine make an appearance) or whichever costume I feel like doing the day of.

Usagi Mylene
09-15-2003, 12:54 PM
Hmmm.... maybe I should do Alice from DDR for this event. ^.^

Now, I need an excuse to get that Saturday off since I'm already taking the weeked before.

So if I can get the day, I'll try to be there as Alice. I'll be at the DDR machine.

Rabite
09-15-2003, 01:19 PM
The giant hamtaro last year was pimp.

flowers_of_evil
09-15-2003, 01:27 PM
Ill be there and i agree with umi there deffinatly should be a karaoke contest :D
as far as cosplay ill prolly dress egl like

RyuHayabusaDOA2
09-15-2003, 01:28 PM
I'll be there since my chances of going to ani-magic are slimming a lot, so yeah...I'll see if I can work something out of cosplay wise. I don't want people to get tired of doing my Domon Costume, so yeah...I'll see if I can get Racoon Mario done in time :D

Isaldur
09-15-2003, 04:29 PM
I'll probably just use my blue link costume.. no idea yet... but I don't really care to use the green as it was more of a prototype then anything and all.. maybe I will :shrug: but yeah.

Otherwise I'll be there at least saturday ^_^ uh time to go spread the news!!

videogirlc
09-15-2003, 05:51 PM
I'll be there!! Hopefully with my Mai Shiranui outfit done.

ZiggyB
09-15-2003, 06:01 PM
Usagi Mylene: Oh cool! Hey, if you go as Alice I'll go as Johnny. I didn't feel like cosplaying to Metreon, but Johnny is a simple enough costume. :)

Shin
09-15-2003, 08:00 PM
I may just go to this, sounds like much fun :)

Michi
09-15-2003, 08:05 PM
Mm. Weekend after Ani-Magic.. gonna be busy with YaoiCon costume.. X_X I guess I'll wear Athena, KOF '96 style, or something.. ^_^; since that should be done for AM.
I'll be there Saturday for sure, and Sunday maybe. o.o

RyuHayabusaDOA2
09-15-2003, 08:16 PM
well, I know this might sound early for this, but we should do a gathering of sorts, then do a group photoshoot there at the Metreon. If the weather is nice like it was last year, holding it at the same place would be nice :D. Then maybe we can go to lunch or dinner afterwards

flowers_of_evil
09-15-2003, 08:21 PM
well, I know this might sound early for this, but we should do a gathering of sorts, then do a group photoshoot there at the Metreon. If the weather is nice like it was last year, holding it at the same place would be nice :D. Then maybe we can go to lunch or dinner afterwards

that sounds good to me.. i just moved here a month ago so it would be nice to meet people :D

RyuHayabusaDOA2
09-15-2003, 08:23 PM
*nods* that way we could introduce ourselves, so that way we know who is behind the SN :D

Isaldur
09-15-2003, 08:27 PM
lol that'd be an awesome idea! Gatherings are always VERY good things, as everyone can just go around and do stuff and other people can join in too...

we almost had one going at JTAF but it fell apart ;)

RyuHayabusaDOA2
09-15-2003, 08:30 PM
I agree with you there Isaldur. It would be a lot easier that way and we don't have to be shy aabout it

flowers_of_evil
09-15-2003, 09:08 PM
I agree with you there Isaldur. It would be a lot easier that way and we don't have to be shy aabout it

thats true i was at jtaf but i was all shy and didnt really talk to anyone ^^;;

Masako
09-15-2003, 11:31 PM
Zhin (the Gackt cosplayer at JTAF) and I will be attending this event. But we're not too sure what (since we don't want people to get sick of our costumes LOL).

Ohhhh a Karaoke contest? Sounds good! Too bad the Para para game is not popular here, I really miss that a lot.

RyuHayabusaDOA2
09-15-2003, 11:35 PM
Masako: I love Para Para as well. It makes the girls look sexy as heck ^_^ and it is a good workout to boot.

who wants to hit the Karaoke Joints after this?
oh yeah, I'm planning to do an after party in SF, possibly at the Ramada Inn, cause my aunt works there and I can get a discount there. Who's willing to come?

Usagi Mylene
09-15-2003, 11:55 PM
Usagi Mylene: Oh cool! Hey, if you go as Alice I'll go as Johnny. I didn't feel like cosplaying to Metreon, but Johnny is a simple enough costume. :)

Hence why I picked to do Alice if I go. If I get strange evil looks, I'll just take of the wig and I'm in "normal" clothes. Of course they probally won't be bad as the looks you got with Zack! ^.^

Isaldur
09-16-2003, 12:02 AM
Aww come on usagi.. I rode on bart all the way to SF and back (not to mention a handful of buses) dressed as link.. who said you had to be in normal clothing? lol.

i did get people smiling at me :)

ZiggyB
09-16-2003, 12:11 AM
Masako: Oh good, we'll get to see you and Zhin again. :) Give us a hint on what you guys are cosplaying as? :)

Usagi Mylene: Hehe, yah same here. I can pack the bright pink shirt and wig and put it on in the bathroom. :)

Besides, I wore Zack last year (won a prize too! X-D) So I think they'd get sick of me wearing that again.

Isaldur
09-16-2003, 12:13 AM
Ok you dorks.. I'll just come in all the way as blue link :)

I'm not going to pressure my mom to redo the green one and the red one won't ever be worn on public transit.. too risky.. if I ran into the wrong person.

Second thought: DID I SAY DORKS? Geez and I'm probably a bigger dork then anyone else here.. heck even padme can agree my jokes are dorky (they're not funny) :hafha:

ichigo
09-16-2003, 12:38 AM
I will possibly be there on Sunday...
To continue a thought on people-behind-theSNs, would it be permisable to wear nametags? *grins* No, I'm serious! Stop laughing... Ok, maybe not nametags persay, but SOMETHING...cuz with all the people around, I get very shy very fast and if I think someone is so-and-so from the forums I am more than likely to just stare for a while and then walk away.
And that's no fun...
Hell, will there even be anyone there sunday???

Isaldur
09-16-2003, 12:40 AM
just know that I'm probably the only one going as blue link.. and I'm big ^_^

As for the others.. nametags may be good...

Miaka No Baka
09-16-2003, 12:44 AM
is the metreon festival only 1 day this year? or is it two again? I thought in the jtaf thread it was just the 11th not the 11th and 12th. Which is the correct info? *gets all confused* but I'll most likely be there probably dressed as ichigo provided I'm fully happy with the costume! And that I don't lose too much weight between now and then. 12 pounds down.... only 48 to go lol! (that's major dreaming there lol but I'm gonna try my best)

If it's 2 days again I'll probably just go saturday if saturday is the main day with the contest and the other things going on. Sundays were such boring days with not much to do. Oh yeah if they're looking for people to host panels there I'll host a cosplay one there if needbe. I guess Al would be the one to ask if they're looking for that? Or is there a website with someone i could contact about that if they want panels to hold to get more events so people aren't just walking around in circles like last year....

Miaka no Baka

RyuHayabusaDOA2
09-16-2003, 12:47 AM
I agree with the name tags idea LOL...that could work XD

ZiggyB
09-16-2003, 12:48 AM
It looks like it's only one day this year. Full details are on the "Events" page on the Metreon site:

http://www.metreon.com/events/index.html

Hope to see you there Miaka, haven't seen you in a while. :)

Miaka No Baka
09-16-2003, 12:55 AM
yeah i know lol I'll definately be at ani-magic for sure =) and then the metreon. There were certain problems *ahglaresatpersonwhocausedthemem* for me going to jtaf and hopefully those problems will not come back for this event, or someone is gonna pay....

Miaka no Baka

Usagi Mylene
09-16-2003, 12:57 AM
AHHHHHH Showing of Witch Hunter Robin. Even though I have seen it I just love that series. What the hell are 4D rumble seats?

Did they have a addmission fee last year? This year it's 15 bucks.

RyuHayabusaDOA2
09-16-2003, 01:01 AM
Usagi: they did and I forgot what price where they.
but I hope it will be better this year :D
if I throw that aftercon party at that hotel... hehehe

Miaka No Baka
09-16-2003, 01:10 AM
they charged like 10 or 15 last year too i think. I'm guessing 4d rumble seats means like 3d theater and the motion in the seats to give ya more of a feel of being there, hence being called 4d? I could be wrong...

Miaka no Baka

Isaldur
09-16-2003, 01:13 AM
The admission fee sucks, but at least it gives you some freebies that are almost worth 1/3 of the cost of the ticket rofl

Usagi Mylene
09-16-2003, 01:37 AM
Okay, it's cool. As long as there are things to do I don't mind paying the fee.

Isaldur
09-16-2003, 01:39 AM
ditto. it's more expensive but if I come home with my cam choked full of pics, a bag of junk, and tired from having fun.. I'll be more then happy :D

ZiggyB
09-16-2003, 01:41 AM
Usagi Mylene: Surprisingly they usually show some good anime. I got my love of Sakura Taisen (Wars), Galaxy Angel and Princess Nine all because of the Metreon Anime Fest.

The cosplay contest isn't all that well judged though. No craftsmanship nor do they interview the contests and ask about their costume construction. It's only your onstage presense and what they see on stage. But eh, it's a small con so it's understandable.

It's mostly just an excuse to hang out. :>

Padme Skywalker
09-16-2003, 01:48 AM
Sounds fun...Im game...hmm now for cosplay decisions...grrrr...I have no idea....But the good news is they have a killer arcade..Thats where I'll be plus they have nice scenery out back by the water fall....good photo ops! :cool:

Raider3
09-16-2003, 02:07 AM
Just booked my admission for that day. I'll see if I'm keen on driving and parking there, or taking BART as I did in 2001. Thankfully I've got a digital camera now, and won't have to lug around the camcorder, but that was fun as well... Hmm... maybe I will drive up.

See you all there!

Hitori
09-16-2003, 10:30 AM
*flails all around* I can't decide what tp we~~~~~ar.
I'm all excited 'cause I missed JTAF due to e~~vil sickness. Meh.

RyuHayabusaDOA2
09-16-2003, 11:52 AM
well, I guess we should all list what costumes we are going to do and the time for the photoshoot...

Me: Racoon Mario-SMB 3

K_Valentine
09-16-2003, 11:57 AM
Hmm..... if I can remember how to get to Metreon from Fremont BART, I may actually have a chance of attending. Directions appreciated.

If I attend: Artbook Aoki (Red tie)

Padme Skywalker
09-16-2003, 11:58 AM
They dont even know the programming yet...Hopefully Albert will give us the inside track ;) But now I cant wait for this event...I like the local events cuz Im starting get to know a few of you ^_^

PS> You get off at Powell then walk down 4th STreet to Mission Street...Its on the corner..Ya cant miss it :razz:

ZiggyB
09-16-2003, 02:14 PM
K_Valentine: I'm taking Bart as well. It's really easy and close by thankfully. There's not an additional bus ride like with Japan Town. Oh yah... what Padme said... :)

PikminLink
09-16-2003, 02:22 PM
....this might be somthing i might consider going to^^....i hope i can go to this one...um i got to ask my brother^^...

um okay ..its on October 11th & 12th....um what would be the best day to go here?

ZiggyB
09-16-2003, 02:26 PM
PikminLink: You decision is easy, it's only on the 11th as it's a one day event this year. See, easy huh? :)

PikminLink
09-16-2003, 02:42 PM
oh...so its not the 12th anymore?....ok..im going on the 11th then^^, i just hope my parents wont plan a camping trip >_>

flowers_of_evil
09-16-2003, 06:51 PM
QUESTION: do i have to buy the ticket in advance or can i get it at the door?
thanks ^^

Babbit_Chan
09-16-2003, 06:56 PM
well, I guess we should all list what costumes we are going to do and the time for the photoshoot...

Me: Racoon Mario-SMB 3

OMG O_O Now I HAVE to go! Seeing a real live Raccoon Mario would be awesome :bigtu: *stalks you* I'll probably go in my BR costume muahaha (shameless opportunity for more pics of it).

positivespace
09-16-2003, 07:04 PM
All right, I'm definitely going to try to make it out and will probably wear my Black Mage Paine... since it HAS to be done for AM. ;D

I'm looking forward to seeing you guys again (or for the first time, in some cases)... and Witch Hunter Robin? Sweeeet... I'll try to get my girls to come out too.

RyuHayabusaDOA2
09-17-2003, 01:24 PM
Babbit-chan: Hopefully, I will get the costume done in time LOL XD :thumbsup:

Michi
09-17-2003, 03:01 PM
QUESTION: do i have to buy the ticket in advance or can i get it at the door?
thanks ^^

You can get it at the door. ^^

Miaka No Baka
09-17-2003, 08:45 PM
well looks like I won't be attending. I'm moving too far away to make it worth a 7 hour drive to attend. Hope everyone who goes has fun. I'll be at ani-magic hopefully...

Miaka no Baka

flowers_of_evil
09-17-2003, 08:55 PM
You can get it at the door. ^^
thank yooo :D

Lilybit
09-17-2003, 09:41 PM
I think a friend of mine went to this a couple of years ago~
I don't want to go by myself, so if I can get one of my friends to come, I think I'd like to ^^ Especially since it's only a 15 min. walk to downtown ;p
I didn't bring my Lilybit costume since one of the sleeves isn't finished yet, so if I dress up it'll either be the Nightingale Dorothy again, or "Random Anime Girl"
It was fun being outside at the JTAF so now I'm wanting to go to another one of these small gatherings lol

RyuHayabusaDOA2
09-18-2003, 12:53 PM
I think a friend of mine went to this a couple of years ago~
I don't want to go by myself, so if I can get one of my friends to come, I think I'd like to ^^ Especially since it's only a 15 min. walk to downtown ;p
I didn't bring my Lilybit costume since one of the sleeves isn't finished yet, so if I dress up it'll either be the Nightingale Dorothy again, or "Random Anime Girl"
It was fun being outside at the JTAF so now I'm wanting to go to another one of these small gatherings lol

if you do come, hopefully, I'll have my Roger outfit cleaned by then :D

Eurobeat King
09-18-2003, 10:09 PM
The latest information is NOW posted on the Metreon's website:

www.metreon.com Go there and click "EVENTS" to check out the events for Saturday. My co-worker will be cosplaying as Astro Boy (Bandai is lending the costume) so let's be sure to get good pictures posing WITH him, even if that includes YAOI pictures.. :thumbsup: ahem.. The cosplay contest will be held in the evening, along with the dance. NO word yet on who the DJ will be, nor on who the MC for the masquerade will be either.. :thumbsup: If I find out, I will let everyone know.

For the masquerade, besides the award for best costume, there's going to be a special award for BEST BANDAI COSTUME, so wear your Spike or Faye, Gene Starwind or Aisha, Roger Smith or Dorothy, or any of the Gundam (0078,0080,0083, G, and Wing) characters, or new stuff like Witch Hunter Robin, S-cryed, Crest/Banner of the Stars, etc. It'll be fun, but by all means wear your best, non-Bandai costumes for the masquerade and during the day for fun and pictures.

As we get closer, I'll post the details for the cosplay.com gathering, which will be held outside in the Yuerba Buena Gardens, in front of the fountain/waterfall. There's lots of other places that will be great for photoshoots (of individual costumes) so from now until October I'll be scoping out places in/out of the Metreon for photo-spots.

I'll reply again with more info soon. Ciao~

RyuHayabusaDOA2
09-19-2003, 02:51 PM
Thanks Al for the update. I guess I'll be showing up in my Domon Costume again LOL XD

Usagi Mylene
09-20-2003, 12:25 AM
I got a flyer post card from the Metreon with all this info on it and more. Wow the festival will be going on from 10am to 11pm.

From all the stuff I've been hearing about it, it sound like it's going to be so much fun.

Isaldur
09-20-2003, 12:28 AM
Yay!! Yeah! I'm soo excited because this one's gonna be one FULL day and I'll get to meet EVERYONE for sure this time!! :D

Hrmmm hehe wonder if it'll actually last that long...

RyuHayabusaDOA2
09-20-2003, 12:59 AM
I have done it for 2 years in a row, without a costume, this year will be different lol

Raider3
09-20-2003, 04:58 AM
Thanks Al for the update. I guess I'll be showing up in my Domon Costume again LOL XD
Heh, remind me to bring a copy of the Gunsmith Cats manga with me, or at least a sign saying "I'm NOT Domon!"... Umm, maybe that would work if I was doing Bean Bandit again... I'm hoping to debut a new costume by that time, and coicidentally, it's a rather well-known Bandai character. (As if my signature didn't tip anyone off. ^_^; )

Oh, by the way, I scoped out the Metreon yesterday afternoon. Two IniD Ver. 1 Arcade Stage dual machines and one IniD Ver. 2 dual. Oh, we are going to have a LOT of fun, yes we will! (And that NASCAR racing simulator back where some of the DDR machines used to be in Portal 1 is pretty cool as well.)

So, great fun, and hopefully I won't talk myself into spending $150 on a quick-charger for my camcorder batteries, but I'll definitely pick up whatever Bandai DVDs I may need.

Hitori
09-21-2003, 08:36 PM
a'ight, I'm definately coming, and as a gothic aristocrat groom. I may change into Desire of the Endless/Sandman or Nataku of X TV though.

PikminLink
09-21-2003, 09:14 PM
masquerade?? i would like to do that....but um..how does that work?

Isaldur
09-21-2003, 09:22 PM
masquerade is when you go up on the stage and do a small act. Sometimes groups will do them.

I've tried putting together a group before tho and to my knowledge while there are a few zelda cosplayers up here there aren't many going to anything. Doubt BSL or ohmi will be going to this either (they almost never go to anything).

Though you CAN do an SC2 or SSB cosplay group :]

I might do masquerade this time around.. dunno what time it'll be, but it'd be fun :]

Anyone want to do a zelda/sc2/ssb group this time? ;)

flowers_of_evil
09-21-2003, 09:54 PM
a'ight, I'm definately coming, and as a gothic aristocrat groom. I may change into Desire of the Endless/Sandman or Nataku of X TV though.
to go with hitori's gothic aristocrat groom ima be aint afraid to die toshiya (the priest style costume) :D

Michi
09-21-2003, 10:28 PM
Err... Is it really going to be a MASQUERADE though? I didn't see the event last year, but in 2001 it was just a little costume contest. @_@

Eurobeat King
09-21-2003, 10:44 PM
Michi: Yesh, there will be a masquerade this year, although it's smaller in scale than at a larger con, so I guess you could call it a "cosplay contest" :thumbsup: Similar to the JTAF, they'll probably have an announcer read off the names of each contestant (I don't think there's enough room to do skits, so it's best if you go up to present your costume individually.) The masquerade will be held in the Portal One Arcade on the 2nd floor, although I don't know where exactly it'll be held. Last year it was held in the center area, and there was a small, squarish-podium-box that each contestant stood on, and posed for the audience and judges. The dance will also be held inside Portal One, after the masquerade. If i find anything else out this week at work, I will let you (and everyone else) know. :D

RyuHayabusaDOA2
09-22-2003, 01:22 PM
Thanks for the update Al. Keep us informed on what's going on.
Seriously, I wouldn't mind the "cosplay contest" be held outside, but since I don't predict the weather, it may sound like a bad idea.

PikminLink
09-22-2003, 02:38 PM
yeah like sunday at the jtaf....it got windy...and there was hardly any sun..so it got dull....saturday was nicer though except for the heat....so i hope they have the contest inside....

Isaldur
09-22-2003, 02:59 PM
SF is always windy ;) That's probably why I like it so much.

That saturday was probably one of the weirdest days (as far as weather's concerned) I've EVER experienced there.

:thinks about that for a moment:

yes it's very rare to get partial sunburn at SF.

flowers_of_evil
09-22-2003, 06:29 PM
SF is always windy ;) That's probably why I like it so much.

That saturday was probably one of the weirdest days (as far as weather's concerned) I've EVER experienced there.

:thinks about that for a moment:

yes it's very rare to get partial sunburn at SF.

this past weekend and today have been sooooooooo HOT u_u regular san francisco weather needs to come back

Isaldur
09-22-2003, 06:33 PM
hah flowers I wish I could get some of the normal SF weather out here!!

OMG it's like 100 outside right now and like we dun have AC or anything.. yuck.. frying.

Sad thing is it's been hot and annoying like this all summer.. on an doff, this is like the 4th heatwave we've had :sigh:

I was looking forward to the metreon fest hoping it'd be nice and cold in SF

BTW doing the event outside in the park might be alright but there really isn't much room on 4th and mission.. crowded little area that is ;)

OH and for those driving in.. the 5th and mission garage is right down the street ;).. and for those not familiar with SF you better watch your *** because I've seen accidents happen at the intersection in front of that garage too many times (don't be confident that just because you're walking in a green light that a car or truck isn't going to come speeding down the road, basically)

Michi
09-22-2003, 08:01 PM
So it's still the same cosplay contest without skits as always, yes? ^^

I'll be dressed as some version of Asamiya Athena. WHAT version... that'll be determined after Ani-Magic.. haha. :X

Well, Metreon Fest is pretty much completely inside, so don't worry about the weather too much unless you wanna take some pictures outside. o.o Isn't it autumn now? Ugh, it's 100 degrees F today and I've got a fan going.. but I'm sick.. not good. x.x

flowers_of_evil
09-22-2003, 09:21 PM
100 degress, no AC o_O id totally melt....i hope the weather is normal by the time metreon comes around...tho i suppose it really doesnt matter cos its inside and all but STILL ^^

Isaldur
09-22-2003, 09:33 PM
:'( poor michi *hands her a red potion* your avatar btw looks awesome (as always)... so seductive muwahahah zot is lucky :] (if my g/f cally sees that she'll kill me rofl) uh anyway.

ok I guess i'll be doing the cosplay contest too.. will probably get like second to last place if anything but hey it's fun ^_^

RyuHayabusaDOA2
09-23-2003, 12:20 AM
well, I'm looking forward to this. My friend Luna and I are going to enter the Masquerade cause we are doing Bandai costumes and I hope that it turns out allright :D me as Domon and she as Rain :D

PikminLink
09-23-2003, 10:12 PM
im in need of a ride....who can help me ;____; *gets on knees and beggs*

Isaldur
09-23-2003, 10:16 PM
Wish I could help ya.. taking the bus/BART into SF like I usually do.

heh maybe we can do what didn't happen for JTAF on sunday ;) [wonders if michi and zot would still do that] kinda doubt it tho... The thing that sucks about bus/bart is by the time I get there I'm already sorta tired rofl

So anyone coming from sacramento or something? XD

RyuHayabusaDOA2
09-24-2003, 12:47 AM
well, I got the notice via e-mail. I'm seriously looking forward to this since I can't go to ani-magic. well, P.Link, you asked your brother?

PikminLink
09-24-2003, 01:19 AM
yeah i asked....but hes really having doubts about going....because he keeps telling me that we spent $24 at jtaf for nothing, because we didnt have to buy the passes, and he got upset that it cost $13 for parking ...and so now hes all like i dont know if well go..since its $15 to get in ..each....and plus parking....so yeah...i really want to go to this one..and it would be my last one this year since i dont think there will be another i will be going to...so hes yeah...having his doubts and stuff.... ;_; ...

Isaldur
09-24-2003, 01:25 AM
Try taking the bus then? Going from fairfield to san francisco isn't as hard as *some other areas* ;)

RyuHayabusaDOA2
09-24-2003, 01:28 AM
yeah i asked....but hes really having doubts about going....because he keeps telling me that we spent $24 at jtaf for nothing, because we didnt have to buy the passes, and he got upset that it cost $13 for parking ...and so now hes all like i dont know if well go..since its $15 to get in ..each....and plus parking....so yeah...i really want to go to this one..and it would be my last one this year since i dont think there will be another i will be going to...so hes yeah...having his doubts and stuff.... ;_; ...

well, it will be better this way. take BART. The closet BART station would be Berkeley, so, get off there and it would be a lot cheaper. get off at the Powell BART station and walk down 2 blocks and there it is. You guys will save a lot of $ that way.

Isaldur
09-24-2003, 01:32 AM
lol good point. Typically the further away you go from SF the cheaper the parking is...

But you still have to pay $2-3 each way for the train.. that can add up to almost be more (including the parking fee bart charges?) then parking in SF.

then again.. parking in that part of SF isn't any cheaper at all then japantown.. probably worse.

videogirlc
09-24-2003, 02:30 AM
If you don't mind a 1 dollar muni bus ride each way you can always park on Treasure Island. It's free, and it will drop you off at 1st and mission, a couple off blocks away from the metreon. The bus ride is only 15 minutes.

Isaldur
09-24-2003, 02:48 AM
lol now that's one to do (if you have a car) ;)

Raider3
09-24-2003, 04:13 AM
If you don't mind a 1 dollar muni bus ride each way you can always park on Treasure Island. It's free, and it will drop you off at 1st and mission, a couple off blocks away from the metreon. The bus ride is only 15 minutes.

Better bring an extra quarter for each way. Muni bus fares went up to $1.25 as of Sept. 1, which I found out when I was in SF last Friday. :thumbsup:

As for me, for the time being, I'll take my chances and get to that garage a block or two away. I'm not quite confident enough riding BART and MUNI in a predominantly red costume. Besides, I'd have to get on last BART out of SF before midnight, whch means I'd have to haul ass to either Powell or Montgomery St. BART just after 11 pm.

Isaldur
09-24-2003, 04:21 AM
lol i *HAVE* to be at el cerrito at like 9 or 10 to get the last bus ;)

PikminLink
09-24-2003, 10:07 AM
my brother will not take bart or the bus ;_;

RyuHayabusaDOA2
09-24-2003, 01:01 PM
P.Link: that sucks man. well, keep on trying i guess

Michi
09-24-2003, 02:38 PM
Maybe Jeff and I can help out, Link? I dunno yet if Jeff's going, but I think he'll want to..

Isaldur
09-24-2003, 03:08 PM
Aww that sucks.. it's like the ultimate drop in the bucket or something.

*looks at bus and sighs* as much as I hate to.. that's my only choice :P I can't believe he's pulling it off your list...

PikminLink
09-24-2003, 03:11 PM
thanks michi^^ i hope .....its my brother though....why does he always have to be like this?? >_> oh well

Michi
09-24-2003, 03:13 PM
^^ *hugs* I'll talk to him today about it, okay?

PikminLink
09-24-2003, 10:48 PM
thanks michi *hug* ^^

Isaldur
09-24-2003, 11:01 PM
lol maybe we can do what we almost did last time.. *hopes so* that could rawk....

*hugs too* I would be endlessly thankful :D

Michi
09-25-2003, 06:09 PM
Eh okay, since it's the weekend after Ani-Magic he says he'll probably have to work.. and wouldn't be available til 5/6 pm.. x.x; Maaaan if I could drive this wouldn't be a problem. ^_^;

Isaldur
09-25-2003, 06:20 PM
aww that sucks. What's the big deal about ani-magic anyway?! It's too freaking far away and I'm still not exactly sure where in california lancester is (except near los angeles?)

And no way in heck I'm getting there. Metreon's going to be the last one for me this year unless I'm in vegas before november (highly doubt that).

Just keep trying pikmin, hopefully at the last minute your brother will decide to take you anyway. It's going to seriously suck if there aren't any other Links there!! :sulk:

Michi
09-25-2003, 06:45 PM
The big deal about Ani-Magic? o_o Go look at con reports or photo galleries from the past years... it's a big fun cosplayer party. Such a relaxed, happy atmosphere... I wouldn't care how far away it is.. :p It's so different from other cons,a nd I love it.

Isaldur
09-25-2003, 06:59 PM
yeah that's what I've heard.. but geez it's so darn far away! >:| maybe in a year or two. :\

ZiggyB
09-25-2003, 07:50 PM
Isaldur: Ok, we get the point. You're not going to Ani-Magic. Boo hoo.

Can you stop talking about it in the Metreon thread and stay on topic?

brocas
09-25-2003, 09:03 PM
im in need of a ride....who can help me ;____; *gets on knees and beggs*

Where exactly are you coming from? I'm going from the East Bay. (Emeryville, between Oakland and Berkeley.)

Usagi Mylene
09-26-2003, 02:36 AM
Isaldur, can you please stop about Ani-Magic. This thread is for the Metreon not AM. You can't go, you can't go but please stop spamming this thread.

EDIT: Ack, sorry! Didn't notice that Ziggy and Michi posted about it. I would delete but I can't. So sorry! ^.^

Isaldur
09-26-2003, 02:45 AM
O_O I'm sorry ok?! I didn't realize you'd make a huge stink about it.. geez.

PikminLink
09-29-2003, 11:28 PM
well that is what the Ani-Magic thread is for.....

anyway...um...brocas: sorry...i live way farther than that....but no need anymore because it seems like my brother is willing to drive^___^ yay....
i hope that this thing will be fun and worth attending >_>

RyuHayabusaDOA2
09-30-2003, 12:48 AM
P.Link:Hey, that's cool that you are coming now. And I will buy your brother a drink for taking you out here lol XD

Michi
09-30-2003, 01:04 AM
Yes! Yay! Pikmin! *tacklehugs* Aww.. I wish I had a Zelda costume now.. The Metreon is where I told you about the great photo spot.. I know a really nice area that looks all Hyruleish. XD

Isaldur
09-30-2003, 01:16 AM
I feel really motivated now. I get to spend all day walking in someone else's shadow and watch my friends get fangirl-attacks while I sit and get bored.

I can hardly wait. o_o but I'm still going. Better then staying home.. where I don't get to stand in anyone's shadow... or even have a chance of casting a shadow of my own....

Michi
09-30-2003, 01:21 AM
o.o Isaldur, why don't you just go to have fun and meet people.. and check out the events, and the Metreon itself? ..instead of just moping about stuff. X_x

Isaldur
09-30-2003, 01:23 AM
lol I thought I'd get flamed.. err I am hoping to have fun and meet more people (and this time piccies muwahahahaahahahaha) I was so burned out last time I totally forgot about my camera after a while. :grin: I wanna try ddr too lol. err but hey I'll still take my costume ^_^ *hands michi a malon costume* darn I wish you could...

K_Valentine
09-30-2003, 01:23 AM
I hope I can make it to Metreon still... bloody events conflicting with each other.

Never been there before in my life. I'm sure it will be fun.

If I do, I'll add Spike to the costume role call.

PikminLink
09-30-2003, 02:39 PM
um...is this one of those places where i can take a different outfit as well and change later and come back??....because i was planning on taking my other tunics as well, and alternate....

RyuHayabusaDOA2 : hehehe....*hug*

Michi: what will you be wearing?....*hug* youll have to show me that photospot ^_~

K_Valentine: hope you can come too^^

well im taking my camera again....if i miss anyone, just hit me over there and make me take your pic^^ hehehe...i want to get pics of everyone...at least one full shot, and one closeup^^, so if you see me do something...attack me, hit me, tackle hug (michi)...or just yell at me to take your pic^_~ ....*um okay...dont hit me ^^;;...*

...never been to the metreon yet >_>....

RyuHayabusaDOA2
09-30-2003, 02:53 PM
P.Link:*ish hugged* well, I'll show you where the photoshoot is when you come down and I hope your brother likes to drink. LOL XD and I think you took a picture of me as Domon at JTAF...but I can't remember, but anyhoo, you'll have lots of opportunity there.

PikminLink
09-30-2003, 03:16 PM
yeah i did take a pic^^....are you wearing domon again?

um drink?? alchol? *?spelling?* ..no no....^^

Isaldur
09-30-2003, 04:07 PM
Daaayum lol attack? no way. Ask nicely? I'd be honored XD

about 2 weeks to go. Who's already excited to the point they can hardly wait?! :D

ergh hey while I'm thinking about it, my older bro is going to be coming along too. Dunno what to have him wear, anyone got suggestions for something he can pull off simple? :D (I'll find you a pic in a sec.. I know a few peeps took one)

RyuHayabusaDOA2
09-30-2003, 04:11 PM
yeah i did take a pic^^....are you wearing domon again?

um drink?? alchol? *?spelling?* ..no no....^^

yeah I am, cause me and my friend Natasha will cosplay Rain and we are going to enter the costume contest. Oh ok, so no b33r for him. I'll buy him Ramune instead :D

Michi
10-01-2003, 05:39 AM
Pikmin ~ <3 There's... bathrooms to change in and lockers to keep stuff in. ^^ Annnd I'm not sure what I'll be wearing. Probably Asamiya Athena, which I'll have photos of after this weekend..

PikminLink
10-02-2003, 02:34 PM
michi...are you finished with it?^^ that outfit would be cool to see...

lockers ..really?....um..depends where we park i might just keep them in the car...and change there...its not difficult changing tunics^^;;

matikin9
10-04-2003, 08:13 PM
I've just recently got into cosplaying so i can't wait to see lots of people in different costumes - especially people from the Bay Area. I didn't get to see much at the J-town Anime Faire because it was too late by the time i got there. ;_; I'm looking forward to wearing my Sarasa costume again!....even if no one will recognize it, lol...

Aoshi Shinomori
10-04-2003, 09:13 PM
I'll be there don't know what to cosplay as though

Michi
10-06-2003, 10:44 PM
Wheee okay I'll be wearing my '99 Athena.. I forgot my gloves at AM and only wore my bracelets there for an hour, so I'd like to get pictures of the full outfit~ Whee!

Isaldur
10-06-2003, 10:50 PM
yay only 4 days to go! Looking forward to seeing you there!

RyuHayabusaDOA2
10-06-2003, 10:55 PM
Yeah, 4 more days...and I'm thinking that maybe I should stay home this time. I feel so drained as of late...I'll let you guys know if I decide to go to or not by thursday or friday at the latest.

Isaldur
10-06-2003, 11:00 PM
WHAT?! Noooo :'( and i don't remember if I saw you or not the first time lol. :(

err you think you feel drained? eriol said my work wasn't good enough for him and I was offering for nothing.. wow how flattering!

I think I'm gonna go lay on my bed, cover my head and sulk. Maybe I'll be done by friday but I seriously.. don't .. care.. to cosplay.. anymore..

dubious morons like that totally ruin the reputation of cosplay.

PikminLink
10-07-2003, 12:07 AM
...isaldur: what happened?? 0.o ...*lost*

you know ..here you go again with this "quitting cosplay" thing.. one person said something! now thats going to make you quit!??

like i said if you feel like this about it, i really seriously think that you should sit down and think it out to your self weather or not cosplay is the right thing for you... really ask yourself "is cosplay something you really want to do?"
and someone is going to make a bad comment, i got harrassed by a few people through emails and i dont care anymore...i tell myself "i dont give a f*** what they think" seriously (sorry for the language^^;;) it really hit me at first and i felt really down... but now i ignor it .... ^^ cheer up

ryu: you went to AM? well i hope you can come^^ its not going to be as much fun without you^^

michi: you left them there?? meaning you forgot your gloves at am..and your not getting them back? that really sucks...that would give me nightmares...imaging if you left an important part of your outfit at a con *.* .....thats scary..

Isaldur
10-07-2003, 12:13 AM
it wasn't directly related to cosplay.. kinda knocked me off my steppings tho. Forget that ;) you think I'd turn down a convention over a stupid thing like that? lol ....

tho getting comments like that.. cosplay or not... SUCKS. I'm surprised you'd get any bad comments about your cosplay tho.. surprised I haven't yet but uh in due time I suppose.. been called a freak once on a forum but got tons of support in return ^_^ so that aint it.

Anyway kinda figured that's what happened to ryu :( Hey ya know.. after a few days you'll feel better, and all ready for the next big thing! :D

If any of you decide not to go THEN maybe I'll be depressed enough not to go lol.

Michi
10-07-2003, 01:39 AM
Link ~ Naaaah, I forgot to bring them TO the con. ^^ They fell out of my bag when we left a friend's house picking them up on the way there. ~_~; But I have lost costume pieces at a con before. ^^;

So look for me in my short purple wig, red shirt with sailor collar, and red shorts.. and really big white bracelet cuff things XD I hafta describe it because none of my friends knew it was me until they saw me really close up.. Yay for wigs!

Eurobeat King
10-07-2003, 02:05 AM
If you haven't gotten your tickets online yet, I believe you CAN buy tickets at the Bandai store provided they still have some remaining come Saturday. So get there early so you can purchase your ticket, that is if you want to watch the anime screenings, get the free video-game points, discounted lunches & drinks, and compete in the masquerade. (I'm not sure if they'll be checking for badges when you sign up..)

I'll be there, mainly covering pics for this site, and just look for me taking pictures throughout the day. I'm still debating costumes, but I think I might just bring 3: Ryosuke (mainly for my CO-Workers), Trowa, and Hibiki. (unsure yet about her..)

See you in 5 days! :)

Usagi Mylene
10-07-2003, 01:31 PM
3 costumes?! ^.^

I need to get money so I can buy my ticket. I am so broke and drained from AM.

Depending on certian things, I might not end up going as Alice. For one, I have no money to buy the wig. Not even a cheap one that will fizz in about a hour. I still need to do the squares on her shirt.

If I cosplay (which most likly I will) I'll either show up as miaka or BR Girl.

I do want to get pictures taken of me in My Suzaku outfit in the park outside.

I'm such a photo whore.....

See you guys again on Saturday!!!

PikminLink
10-07-2003, 02:28 PM
um...darn..i havent bought my tickets yet...>_>...um..i have to go to their site??

Al: how sure are you that we can get them there? instead of getting them online? how do i get it online?..

Isaldur
10-07-2003, 02:32 PM
Whee things are slowly sailing up to the date O_O uh...

wait a second!! tickets? Does that mean they can :gasp: sell out? ****. That's nice. we CAN'T get there before like 11 because it's like 2 hours to get there. Oops. (they still selling online? hrm!)..

PikminLink
10-07-2003, 02:38 PM
im leaving the house at around 7:30..

..is there any chance someone can book tickets for me and Ill pay back when we get there?...i need one for me and my brother...are you sure they arent selling at the door or something like that? ;_;

Usagi Mylene
10-07-2003, 02:46 PM
Link, I'm hoping we can get them at the door.

but if I find out that they *might* run out, I'll try to buy 3 tickets this thursday (Day before pay day WooT!!) for you, your brother and of course me.

^.^

RyuHayabusaDOA2
10-07-2003, 03:57 PM
That's what I did last year. I showed up at the 9 a.m opening time and got my badge for it and I bought it at the door. so, If I go, I will do that again this year. so I'll be there at the same time saturday morning.

SohjiroX
10-07-2003, 05:27 PM
i'll be going for sure, just have to see what to wear, if anyone knows if there's a theme or have idea's, please let me know for this.

videogirlc
10-07-2003, 08:20 PM
I just went to the Metreon to go buy tickets and they said that they are only selling them online. Except on Saturday they say they will sell them that day until they sell out. The website is also updated too with programing and costume contest info.

Isaldur
10-07-2003, 08:32 PM
question is what can you do without the tickets? where will the whole thing be otherwise to talk to people and whatnot? heheh I might stay for the contest.. and if I do I'll join in (as long as they let me) :D

PikminLink
10-07-2003, 09:33 PM
Usagi: thanks sooo much...im just still hoping that they wont sell out ;_;..

oh and also....what do you think the chances are that they will sell out? if they do ...how fast?

oh and can anyone give me info on parking?

Michi
10-07-2003, 09:42 PM
The whole event is all over the Metreon.. Without a ticket you just can't go into the screening rooms and so forth..

But what the hell? Sell out? Since when did they ever sell out? o_O; I don't remember worrying about that in '01 or '02.. I just bought my pass thingie at the place itself. o_o

RyuHayabusaDOA2
10-08-2003, 12:34 AM
I just went to the Metreon to go buy tickets and they said that they are only selling them online. Except on Saturday they say they will sell them that day until they sell out. The website is also updated too with programing and costume contest info.

see, if you guys get up real, real early, then you can get the tickets at the metreon.

ryu: you went to AM? well i hope you can come^^ its not going to be as much fun without you^^

No I didn't go to ani-magic. I wish I could've gone, but I had stuff that were beyond my control. well, here is the thing, if my Union Dues are not taken out of my paycheck this coming thursday, since it's payday, I will be able to go. If my Union Dues are taken out and they are $40 each month, then I won't be able to go. Simple as that.

Isaldur
10-08-2003, 12:38 AM
aww ryu! :'( Well good luck!! union dues suck but hey they do make pay better sometimes :D [it's like an expensive safety net] <-- but I hope they don't charge you now!! It's gonna suck if I don't see you there :(

Alas.. early morning? Crap! I won't be there until 11. I'll have to see if I can get tickets online.. still kinda skeptical if it'll be worth it.. maybe if we all go play in the arcades and crap but still..

What do you plan to do? I've only been to the metreon once and that was just to look around so if you peeps don't mind me following around and stuff it'd be much appreciated.. you'll get lotsa pics too ^_^ [and as soon as I get back they'll be on my site.. like usual] soo?

RyuHayabusaDOA2
10-08-2003, 12:44 AM
well, if you want to get tickets, yeah, Isaldur, waking up real early and being down there is the way to go.

Isaldur
10-08-2003, 12:48 AM
That's alright. I'll get em online if I am up to it :D

And I DO want to go on the contest XD uhm let's see what I can get done between now and friday morning and that will decide :)

RyuHayabusaDOA2
10-08-2003, 01:07 AM
Oh Ok. I see. is up to you man :D

videogirlc
10-08-2003, 01:22 AM
The said they are only selling enough tickets, as there are seats for the screening room. There is a parking garage like right next to the metreon which is pretty cheap in comparison to others around the area. I will be depending on good old muni.

Isaldur
10-08-2003, 01:31 AM
so the tickets make the screening room free? I was under the assumption they didn't. HRM!

Usagi Mylene
10-08-2003, 01:46 AM
So get there early so you can purchase your ticket, that is if you want to watch the anime screenings, get the free video-game points, discounted lunches & drinks, and compete in the masquerade. (I'm not sure if they'll be checking for badges when you sign up..)
See you in 5 days! :)

Read above. Eurobeat king posted already what you get when you pay the 15 bucks for the Festival.

15 bucks for a discounted food and video game points are worth it to me.

Watching Witch Hunter Robin is a added bonus.

^.^

Michi
10-08-2003, 03:13 AM
Nnnngh. How many seats are there? Not everyone that gets a ticket is going to want to see anime, some of us might just wanna do the other stuff.. That's really lame.. I think they could've done better. ~_~

Of course, it used to be only $5..

videogirlc
10-08-2003, 12:19 PM
Nnnngh. How many seats are there? Not everyone that gets a ticket is going to want to see anime, some of us might just wanna do the other stuff.. That's really lame.. I think they could've done better. ~_~

Of course, it used to be only $5..

He said their audtiorium seats 250. I can't see that many people going so I wouldn't be too worry about it being sold out.

RyuHayabusaDOA2
10-08-2003, 01:48 PM
well, if there is nothing to do, I will go to jtown instead and buy stuff and come back later for the cosplay contest. I'm taking my own lunch this time so I won't have to spend as much on food.

PikminLink
10-08-2003, 03:06 PM
i just still hope it doesnt sell out..>_> ...oh well im leaving the house at 7;30..well at least i will try..*gotta go to sleep early* ...so yeah..i hope everything turns out fine...

does anyone know how much parking is?

Usagi Mylene
10-08-2003, 03:36 PM
Link, let me know by tonight if you want me to buy the tickets for you and your brother. I rather save me the hassle of buying them tomorrow. That way, I won't have to get there early.

As for food, I could always either go home or go to Blondies for lunch. 3.75 and you a big slice of pizza and a drink. ^.^

If I do get the *bored* there is always bowling.

Oh and the parking right across from the Metreon, I believe is 20 something for almost all day( more then 5 hours). I might have to swing by later. If I do, I'll get the amounts for you.

RyuHayabusaDOA2
10-08-2003, 03:37 PM
hhmm..I forgot how much that garage that's next to the metreon charges. But If I remember correctly, it was like along the lines from $1.50 for the 1st half hour and I forget the rest after that.. but you sure you guys want to drive up here? take BART instead. Get off at the West Oakland BART station and get off at Powell. The Metreon is like a block and a half way from the Powell BART station and is like $4 r/t :D saving you guys a lot of parking trouble

RyuHayabusaDOA2
10-08-2003, 03:38 PM
If I do get Bored, I'm heading off to Jtown to buy some manga that I need to get. and I guess try to play DDR doesn't hurt either LOL XD

Michi
10-08-2003, 11:09 PM
Haha parking. *takes bus*

So how early are people gonna be there? I need to decide which bus to take. @____@

Eurobeat King
10-08-2003, 11:48 PM
Michi: Well, it starts at 10am, so if you show up at 10-10:30am, that's when they'll start doing registration and stuff. I know that once I get there around that time, I'll either start looking for cosplayers else I'll change into Hibiki, and THEN go look for pics to take. But if you haven't registered online, try to get there early since tickets will be limited, and we don't know how many will be showing up..

Looks like I'LL be taking the bus also, because I'm not bringing the RX-7 with me to the METREON event (or to Yaoicon) to save $$ on parking. I'll be there from like, 10am to 11pm (or later) but if anyone can give me a ride either home or close to it on Saturday night, I'll help out with the parking fee. :) And I'll give directions to get back to the highway if you're going back home to either I-280 or I-101.

More info for you all, with just 3 days to go until MFA2003 is here!

Anime showings will start at 2pm, and you DO need a badge to view the anime shown in Action Theater. The anime they plan to show will be "Junkers Come Here", "Infinite Ryuius(?)", a Bandai Discussion Panel, a discussion panel on the movie "ROBOTA", "Witch Hunter Robin" with 4-D Rumble-seats :bigtu: and an autograph signing with the voice-actress for Robin, and then Cowboy Bebop: The Movie.

The masquerade will be held on the 2nd floor, on the walkway area close to Action Theater, and they want cosplayers to be there around 5pm.. Afterwards, the party will continue until 11pm inside Portal One, the arcade.

For the cosplay.com photoshoot, what we'll do is gather ALL the cosplayers who want to participate in the photoshoot around 2pm outside of ACTION THEATER, and then we'll walk through the Metreon, and then outside to the WATERFALL in the Yuerba Buena gardens. :) We'll do a large group shot there, and if anyone wants solo shots (or individual photoshoots) just ask me if I don't already ask for some. ;)

See you Saturday!! :skidude2:

K_Valentine
10-08-2003, 11:52 PM
Bugger... looks like by the time I know if I can attend Metreon, it'll be around noon Saturday. Looks like I won't be able to get the ticket then.

PikminLink
10-09-2003, 12:21 AM
Usagi: sure you can get them....but i dont know..ill be leaving around 7:30 so ill get there near 8;30...so i dont know...but i guess you can just to be safe^^....after we get there look for me and ill look for you^^

KimikoChan
10-09-2003, 12:44 AM
Ehhh, I still haven't decided if I'll be going or not. I'd rather NOT drive, but we'll see. Bart would be a feasible choice. I'm still kinda burnt out from Ani-Magic, so I'm wondering if I should just relax this weekend and prepare for Yaoi-Con, or tough it out and burn myself out more :p I wouldn't be purchasing a ticket, because I can't stay that long anyways as I'll be going to visit my best friend at night to celebrate a late bday of hers.

If I do go, I'm not sure yet what to wear.. but I'd like to keep it simple and comfortable, so most likely I'd cosplay Oneesan from Battle Royale.

Michi
10-09-2003, 01:37 AM
K_Valentine ~ It's worth a try. ^^; Even if you can't get a ticket, you might still be able to hang out and see everyone... actually, I guarantee that. :p

EurobeatKing ~ Rumble seats? XD
I wanna see Witch Hunter Robin.. I've been meaning to see that. Nyu.

Kimiko ~ Heh, I'm still burned out from AM too, but I'm eager to see people.. and a lot of my (male) friends refuse to go to YaoiCon. :p Where do you live?

Isaldur
10-09-2003, 01:49 AM
err eurobeat I hope ya don't mind but I'm going to ask for more this time if it's alright with you :eg: the more pics, the more I get to show off when I get home ^_^

As I *think* I said I'll be there at 11 (11;30 at latest) given there are no unexpected delays. The beauty of the location of this is it's fairly central so you can go outside the metreon and get food rather cheap :D

Will the bowling place be open? :eg: hrm maybe we can have a few games? <-- I love to bowl but haven't done it in ages. heck video games are equally fun :D Don't be surprised if I ask people if they wanna go play some games.. maybe we can get some crazy pics that way anyway

ya know I wonder if it's fake simulation or something *points at the bowl thing* I just read the site and realized it could be :shrug: oh well.. now I think I'll get the ticket anyway :D

Michi
10-09-2003, 01:55 AM
Last year at the Metreon I brought my best friend.. and we sorta ditched most of the cosplay people and went to the arcade.. haha. ^_^; I spent a LOT more time there back in '01.. s'when I got some of my better Kuja pics. At least I'm cosplaying again. @_@

flowers_of_evil
10-09-2003, 02:20 AM
If I do go, I'm not sure yet what to wear.. but I'd like to keep it simple and comfortable, so most likely I'd cosplay Oneesan from Battle Royale.

cool cos i was prolly gonna change into my battle royale uniform in the afternoon ^___^

Usagi Mylene
10-09-2003, 02:22 AM
Link: I'll PM you my cell phone so I you can call me. Otherwise I'll figure out a spot tomorrow to met at.

Kimiko: If you do Onnesan, then I'll do Satomi again!! Even though airport secuirty lost my collar >.< but I might bring my Miaka costume to get some pics outside.

Michi: I saw WHR fansubbed and it's a really good series. I recommened it. I ordered the DVD. =)

Isaldur: There are arcade bowling in the Metreon but if you venture out over the bridge, there is a mini park but I think it's for kids, a Ice Skating rink and Bowling.

Isaldur
10-09-2003, 02:28 AM
So anyone up for hitting the arcade then? maybe we can make up a time to meet up :) [since just deciding to go isn't going to happen very well] :)

Michi
10-09-2003, 03:03 AM
I'll be hanging about the arcade anyway.. Ooo my costume is PERFECT for DDR!! It's about time!! (I don't think anyone on this board would remember me DDR'ing as Kuja in 2001)

Umm so.. either I have to leave early as not to take a super late bus, or... would anyone be able to give me a ride home after the cosplay contest and etc.? ._.

K_Valentine
10-09-2003, 04:05 AM
After a recent turn of events, obligations to tend to, financial setbacks, and the coin landing tails, I've rendered myself unable to go. I can catch the next one.

Have fun. I'll be at Para-Con.

Nadeshiko
10-09-2003, 10:38 AM
Don't think I'll be able to make it...October is too hectic with midterms and everything. Sorry, I really wanted to see friends again.

But I shall be at Para Con and Winchester this year.

Hitori
10-09-2003, 10:54 AM
Awww, Nadeshiko, I'll miss you.
Arcadeness~! Yay^_^ I shall drool over all y'all's mad DDR skillz (Hitori is so clumsi and uncoordinated, she could trip standing still...)
It's soon! I can't wait XD

RyuHayabusaDOA2
10-09-2003, 01:39 PM
I'll be there like around 9:30 a.m at the latest, so look for me. I might wear my Vash shirt so people can recognize me. anyone up to see Kill Bill as well?

Isaldur
10-09-2003, 08:56 PM
heheh yay michi and others! Then we shall definately take over the arcade sometime in the day.. someone care to teach me how to play ddr? :)

Michi
10-09-2003, 09:14 PM
DDR doesn't need to be taught. :p The machine shows you how anyway. Wheeee gonna play.. gonna suck 'cause I haven't played in months... XD

I think I'll be there by 11:30. Woo.

PikminLink
10-09-2003, 11:01 PM
i wanna go to the arcade too^^...um i never played ddr before >_>;; ...i always wanted to give it a try but im thinking i might mess up and start jumping on the wrong squares ^^;; ..hehe...um okay..i think ill give it a try...

michi: saw pics of you outfit ^^ its soooo cute.,..hehe i wont have any trouble finding you^.^ ..hehe

Ryu: ill recognize you either way^^

Usagi: sure..but youll notice me ^_~...

Eurobeat King
10-09-2003, 11:03 PM
OK, more information for you, with just 2 days to go :)

The anime starts at 10am, NOT 2pm as I said before, so here's the new schedule for the anime showing in ACTION THEATER:

10am: Junkers Come Here
Noon: Infinite Ryvius
2pm: Bandai Panel
3pm: Doug Chiang and "Robota"
6pm: Witch Hunter Robin and autograph session with Kari Wahlgren
9pm: Cowboy Bebop: The Movie

The masquerade is actually going to be a "parade of cosplayers" and it'll take place on the 2nd floor catwalk, which is near Action Theater. Cosplayers are to report there by 5pm, and then the winners will be announced at 8:30pm inside Portal One, where the party will be taking place.

There will be 3 seperate categories, and 3 prizes for each category. They are:

-Best Bandai costume
-Best Cosmic Debris costume
-Best OTHER costume

Tickets will be on-sale at the Bandai booth or next door at Digital Solutions. You get 1200 FREE points for Portal One games, and I think DDR costs 200-300 points per play, so use them wisely before you have to recharge those point cards..:thumbsup:

When I'm cosplaying as Hibiki, I'll be taking pics in the arcade, so besides cosplayer pics next to DDR machines, if you see other machines you want pics next to, let me know.. (Like, if there's a KOF or Capcom character there, we can take pics with them posing with the punching-game, or Link on a skate-boarding pic.. hehe) The area is small and close, so I'm easy to locate.

It's almost here, so get your costumes ready, and I'll see you all Saturday!

Isaldur
10-09-2003, 11:07 PM
lol well I will suck too I imagine ^_^ Uh this time I'm going to keep my cam out the entire time..

*reads from email notice* eurobeat that rawks. Well since it's a parade I'm gonna join for sure :D This will be worth the fun!!

I doubt there will be any boring times at this one.. There's just too much to do!! :D <-- Just don't leave me lost somewhere :P

Michi
10-09-2003, 11:44 PM
Arrr too bad the Metreon has KOF 2000 and not '99.. XD

A parade? ^^;;; I dunno if I'll join in or not, heh.

Eeee 6 pm is plenty of enough time to get there to see WHR. Good stuff. :bigtu: Waitasec... What format is the anime gonna be in? ^^;

PikminLink
10-10-2003, 12:21 AM
8:30pm ;_;....i dont know if i can stay that long....

Isaldur
10-10-2003, 12:27 AM
heeehee I might be able to stay until 9.. uh pikmin you better o_O your costume is good nuff to win the contest :D

RyuHayabusaDOA2
10-10-2003, 12:41 AM
I guess I can see Kill Bill before the parade starts. If there is nothing to do of course. I wouldn't mind seeing WHR as well.

Usagi Mylene
10-10-2003, 12:43 AM
DAMN!!! Now if I could only buy my wig for Alice!! I could of join in on the DDR goodness. >.< Oh well, I'm still gonna play. I suck at it but whatever!!

Weeeeeee 1 more day!!

Eurobeat King
10-10-2003, 02:13 AM
Michi: Just pose next to the KOF machine, like when you see a screen-shot of K' or something like that. ;) As for the WHR showing, it's going to be dubbed because the voice-actress will be there, signing autographs after the showing. :)

BIG NEWS: The 1st 100 people who purchase tickets (not sure if this includes the people who've already pre-reg'ed) will receive a free WHRobin poster, so you can have her sign that or else, BANDAI will be selling both versions of the 1st DVD there.

Michi
10-10-2003, 02:38 AM
Ou. >_>;; Nothing against dubs, but I have other stuff to do. XD I'll just rent the DVD. Mwee.

RyuHayabusaDOA2
10-10-2003, 10:29 AM
well, I will buy the DVD and get it signed. I'm a sucker for stuff like that. Thanks Al for the update.
Yeah..1 more day lol XD

Usagi Mylene
10-10-2003, 12:37 PM
I'm waiting for mine to arrive. I got it off amazon for 45 bucks.

Link: I tried to buy tickets and I need names!! So PM with you and your brother info (name and e-mails) so I can get the tickets tonight.

Aoshi Shinomori
10-10-2003, 12:43 PM
cool another metreon festival. This will be my third year there and since i didnt make it to animagic I'll be there again this year. I'll probably be cosplaying as Hideki. It's easier to move around in and i will probably be at japantown before heading to the Metreon. Hope to see u all there.

RyuHayabusaDOA2
10-10-2003, 01:26 PM
Usagi: you have to buy the tickets online., they won't be sold at the door.

matikin9
10-10-2003, 01:34 PM
it's kinda intimidating since it seems like everyone here already knows each other well. i think it'll be funny if i can recognize ppl from their avatars or costume pictures...I've never actually met ppl from the message boards that i used to post on. Since my bf plays ddr, i'll probably see some of you ddr-players around the machines O_o

btw, we don't have to buy tickets online, do we? is it okay to buy them at the Metreon? there's going to be a ticket booth right?

RyuHayabusaDOA2
10-10-2003, 01:45 PM
mati: from what i hear, no. You have to buy them in advance, by calling their phone number or going to the metreon's website. well, if you want to meet me tomorrow, go look at my gallery and my pics are there lol XD.

Isaldur
10-10-2003, 01:48 PM
lol matkin hiya! Haven't met you yet but glad to hear you're coming!

It's always handy to recognize people but if you're lucky.. people will recognize you.. especially if you're in costume!!

And if people don't come after you then talk to them ^_^ I think following people around (while pathetic), is an extremely effective way to get caught up in events AND make friends ^_^ <-- I bet you know this by now tho.

still can hardly wait.. tomorrow's the day O_o uh yeah.

matikin9
10-10-2003, 02:47 PM
heh heh, HI
O_o I don't think anyone will recognize my costume, I made it knowing that, but then if anyone does I'll be very pleasantly surprised. I haven't taken any pictures of myself in it yet, so I'm hoping to use this as an opportunity to. Then I can find a scanner somewhere and post them up on my profile ^_^ Hehe, I've actually walked around the Metreon in my costume before...after the J-Town Anime Festival, my bf & I went to the Metreon and watched Millennium Actress (and I was still in my outfit).

"Tickets will be on-sale at the Bandai booth or next door at Digital Solutions. " --Eurobeat King's post... is this referring to tickets to something else? Also...are they going to have a list of ppl who registered online (to know who has registered) or are tickets supposed to be mailed (in which case, it would be a little too late to register right now, huh)?

Usagi Mylene
10-10-2003, 02:56 PM
Usagi: you have to buy the tickets online., they won't be sold at the door.

Ryu, I have been TALKING to LINK about getting the tickets online.

BUT they will be SOLD at the DOOR Saturday!!

Eurobeat King and the website have both stated it.

matikin9
10-10-2003, 03:09 PM
Ryu, I have been TALKING to LINK about getting the tickets online.

BUT they will be SOLD at the DOOR Saturday!!

Eurobeat King and the website have both stated it.

though on the website, i think it says "limited quantities" will be sold at the door

RyuHayabusaDOA2
10-10-2003, 03:20 PM
well, my friend Cheryl bought my ticket for me online, and I will give her the $. I'd rather be sure than sorry.

Isaldur
10-10-2003, 04:39 PM
lol I'm getting mine tonight ;) <-- can't miss that!

k matikin, well if you peeps ask I'll be taking pics too ^_^ mine, as usual, will be posted @ www.talesmud.com as soon as I get home. This time I plan to get way more then 16 tho. I can get up to 120 :)

Uh what else is there to say? >:) anyone who wants pics with meh (highly doubtful) please ask!! XD

RyuHayabusaDOA2
10-10-2003, 10:58 PM
I guess this will be the last posts before tomorrow, so I'll see you guys over there.

Isaldur
10-10-2003, 11:02 PM
think they'll still have tickets by 11:30? I ask this becasue that's when I'll be getting there (maybe earlier but that's doubtful), and I wonder how fast they'd sell out ;)

RyuHayabusaDOA2
10-10-2003, 11:06 PM
Isaldur: I don't know. you are going to play luck on that

Isaldur
10-10-2003, 11:54 PM
You betcha :P

matikin9
10-10-2003, 11:58 PM
muahahaha, i'll be the last post before tomorrow...

Isaldur
10-11-2003, 01:02 AM
Whatever you say. Heeeheee I was lucky with my hairdye today ^____^ I now have a full head of reddish very Very dirty blonde hair.

lol

matikin9
10-11-2003, 01:22 AM
ooh, i can't wait for tomorrowwww...I'm gonna get to SF early and have breakfast somewhere around Union Square w/my bf. ahhh, this has been a good week...after so much stressing over CS, I got all my hw & labs done and I've been so hw/stress-free and relaxed since Wednesday. Yayyy...and then there's the anime festival tomorrow! My costume is very comfortable too, yay! ^_^

Michi
10-11-2003, 02:18 AM
Nnnngh today has been SO draining... I barely even feel like going... There's a 50/50 chance I'll even be cosplaying. n.n; We'll see. Ah well. I'll go for sure though, 'cause I don't wanna miss out.. just don't blame me for being REALLY out of it. ^^;

edit: Ah, um, if I do cosplay.. please dismiss the fact that my gloves will be a completely different shade of red from the rest of my costume. ~_~ I don't have time to dye them. ;_;

Eurobeat King
10-11-2003, 02:58 AM
Michi: Do you want me to bring the fingerless gloves again for you to use? They look good in pics, so if you want me to bring them, reply back ASAP!!

See you all tomorrow! I have a lot of places lined up for ideal photos, so bring your costume(s) and we'll have fun tomorrow! see ya! :skidude2:

Michi
10-11-2003, 03:31 AM
Ah, sure, you can bring them... I suppose I can decide when I get there which gloves I prefer.. XD I'm getting all angsty with these too-bright-red gloves. Thankyou.

KimikoChan
10-11-2003, 06:23 AM
Welp, it's decided that I WILL be attending tomorrow. I should be there around 12pm-3pm. Just a few hours, because then I'm off to Santa Clara to visit my friend. See you all tomorrow (or today for some of you ;) ).. er damn.. I guess it IS today, as I just realized it's 4:30am :p

Raider3
10-11-2003, 07:53 AM
Yay! :) (I'm also happy because I finished my costume - finally - about half an hour ago... :skidude2: )

Ugh, I really need to get some sleep for a couple hours... Got a bit of a drive ahead of me to SF. (Living about hour and a half/two hours away... eep)

RyuHayabusaDOA2
10-11-2003, 12:27 PM
well, i'm here you guys. just look for me wearing a black witch hunter robin t-shirt with jeans a green hiking backpack.

Isaldur
10-11-2003, 12:31 PM
Well peeps I'll be there alright!!

I woke up at 10 tho. Totally went postal on my alarm clock as I can't believe I woke up to turn it off at 7 but I did o_O

I'm going to be there at 1.. I hope. As long as I dun miss the group pic I'm not gonna go postal :)

Michi I hope we can get you away from that 'so out of it' state. I've been out of it.. whole week I've been going to bed as late as 5 and having to wake up early :(

RyuHayabusaDOA2
10-11-2003, 12:35 PM
Isaldur: you better hurry. They are selling tickets at the bandai booth, but I don't know for how long. so you better get down here quick.

Michi
10-11-2003, 10:16 PM
;_________;

...I just slept through it... I can't believe myself...

*big sad sigh*

Isaldur
10-11-2003, 10:45 PM
lol ryu I guess I didn't need one afterall. Thank goodness. Would have ran out of money on the way home lol <-- kinda expensive getting back by bus and whatnot :P

But not impossible ^_^ Almost totally busted my ankle and what's funny is if I lift my leg up THEN it hurts ;) But hey.. got a TON of pics.

And as ususal, I'm one of the first to post pics muwhahaha:

http://www.talesmud.com/MAF/MAF.html
http://67.118.16.192/MAF/MAF.html <-- if talesmud.com doesn't work

PLEASE BE PATIENT ^^ my connection doesn't have a VERY fast upload so this will take a while, there are also a few pics that are blurry, anda few that my picture program didn't import (I'll put a link up for those after I eat dinner heeehee)

Thanks so much to peeps who let me take their pics, awesome job, and even more thanks to those that took pics of me. The more support I get the greater my will is to complete the costume, and believe me, despite it's ugly side (erm.. ya knoiw.. lack of attention and falling down stairways), it was worth it.. sorta.

[pulled] ergh it's quoted anyway :P [sends it in pm instead]

K_Valentine
10-11-2003, 10:57 PM
Couldn't make it and I'm taking my anger out on this paper. 4 pages done already. I should take my anger out on assignments more. I get them done faster.

Edit: Quote Removed.

If there is some issue going on between you, you can take it to PM's. There's no need to bring this to a public forum. I don't read threads for public drama. That's what my class reading (More Shakespeare) is for. Speaking of which, that paper still needs to be done.

Isaldur
10-11-2003, 11:02 PM
eh oops. I have bad habbit of doing that and you just quoted me anyway. :P Peeps don't bother to take it up :P was probably my fault anyway :P

Now not going at all my firends, THAT is something to be sad about!! :(

Usagi Mylene
10-12-2003, 01:34 AM
EDIT: Since comment was taken off, I will remove my comment. =P I don't feel a need to start a flame war. It's not penciled in for today. =P

Okay back to the reason as to WHY I was gonna post here:

It was great seeing eveyone AGAIN!! I had a blast taking pictures.
"Cosplay! A musical by Postiviespace. Coming soon!!" ^.^

I am so mad I had to miss the contest. LINK!!!! I heard you won first place?! I want details!!!

My pics will be up as soon as I get them developed. I do have a few that I took with Al's extra digi cam. As soon as I get those, I'll post them. (No hurry Al. Get your stuff up first)

Oh and Kenny, I got points left. Want to play more retro games?! Yeah for Bubble Bobble.

See some of you guys on friday!!

Isaldur
10-12-2003, 01:40 AM
p.link won it eh? Congrats. Figured they would but wasn't there to hear the results... couldn't figure out heads or tails on the judging either lol

Link is the best character to cosplay methinks :bigtu: anyway back to the topic

Did anyone notice the people looking down from the upstairs balconies when we were standing around on the first floor? T'was funny.. but yeah :D

Still waiting to see all the other pics get uploaded.. not that I'd blame anyone.. it can be a tedius task to upload a ****load of pics if you don't have the right programs ;)

RyuHayabusaDOA2
10-12-2003, 02:24 AM
well, this is my opinion:
it sucked. I'm sorry to say, it sucked badly. There wasn't a lot of stuff to do, not enough cosplayers and it wasn't worth spending the $15.
Good thing: I was glad to see everyone that I know and I had a fun time hanging around. At least that was worth it. oh well, the showings for Kill Bill were sold out later on and a fight happened in front of the metreon, a whole bunch of 5-O's came and that made it interesting.
Walking with Chris Tang as Zero in downtown, that made my day. It was fun seeing the weird looks people gave us. He wanted to buy candy springles for an ice cream that he bought and seeing the people's reaction was priceless. at least that saved my day. :D I'll see if I can go to Y-Con and hang out with you guys.

matikin9
10-12-2003, 02:25 AM
ahh, i felt too shy there to talk to any other cosplayers...there were so many in one place O_o So i just ran around everywhere w/ my bf. We ended up basically sticking to the Initial D machines in the arcade. My bf is pretty good at the game, and I got to play some for the first time too - I'm happy I'm an o-kay beginner at it. ^_^

Anyway, I'm happy two people asked me who I was, and one has heard of the manga before. heh heh O_o it feel so pitiful being an unknown character, but I guess I can revel in the fact that there probably will not be another Sarasa anywhere I go. :o I think my outfit is pretty unique anyway...actually, i just looks like a bunch or rags thrown together. My bf joked that ppl would mistake me for a Telegraph bum, heh. I really need to get a good sword for myself tho...I also finally got to take pictures of my costume! Unfortunately...it's not with a digital camera. Nor do I have a scanner. -_-' sucky...

RyuHayabusaDOA2
10-12-2003, 02:31 AM
Congrats, P.Link for winning 1st place. sorry that i didn't congratulate you over there. But might as well better late than never right? :D

matikin9
10-12-2003, 02:35 AM
well, this is my opinion:
it sucked. I'm sorry to say, it sucked badly. There wasn't a lot of stuff to do, not enough cosplayers and it wasn't worth spending the $15.

I have to partially agree with that, it seemed more like a promotion of Bandai than anything else...and besides the stuff in the Action Theater, the Bandai store ribbon cutting ceremony (at 12), and the cosplay contest (at 6), there wasn't really anything else to do (all afternoon) except run around the Metreon - which can get kind of boring when you walk through the same floor ten billion times. The free arcade points [I]were[\I] cool...it was worth almost $10, but even then that won't last you an entire afternoon, which makes me think it was just to try to promote the *sucky* arcade. Ah, their evil plans did work however...me & my bf ended up spending another $27 at the arcade O_o Oh yeah, and what is up with that arcade??? It's the Sony Entertainment Center for gawd's sakes...they DO have a bunch of new Initial D ver.2 machines, but everything else seemed kind of outdated (like the DDR...the volume was also kinda low i think) and pricey. ::sigh:: I like my Berkeley Bearcade & it's Super Puzzle Fighter :D

RyuHayabusaDOA2
10-12-2003, 02:46 AM
Mati: yeah. once I spent my points that's it. it was fun playing an old school game though.TMNT:The Arcade Game...me and my friend beat it by using all of our points on the card. but yeah. walking around got boring as hell

Isaldur
10-12-2003, 02:47 AM
lol matikan you posted that the second I opened up the thread window lol :D

You were there?!!?! OMG did I see you?! I forgot o_O lotsa cosplayers? Not really.

The anime fest ticket? Didn't buy it. I think by the time I got there they sold out anyway so I ddin't bother. Truth be told I'm glad I didn't because I needed that money to get home lol.

Ya know on a funny side of things i still feel like such a dork for tripping :] <-- I guess I now have had a cosplay related acksident! make that... injury.. not sure how minor it is yet :\ funniest thing is most of those accidents you don't really notice how bad it is until you get home.. I say something's up!! I can't walk right :P [wait wouldn't that mean something's gonna go down again? or someONE]

The most embarassing thing was when I was standing on the thing near the pond (can't remember why right now) i almost fell in because I moved in just the right angle to make my left leg go out on me.. funny thing is I probably would have gotten a good few pics as link coming out of lake hylia lol.

I so wanted to do that but I had a feeling not only would the security go after me but I wouldn't be able to ride the train home.. bart's kinda picky.. but I had to stand all the way anyway!!! >_< no wonder my ankle's all screwed up now! :P

ironically my g/f in oregon said she had a similar accident. She fell on a slippery metal grating and while her friend made fun of her, her friend did the exact same thing (not paying attention!!) HOW WICKED! LOL <-- don't think she got messed up from it tho :)

But I'll gladly say I had the most fun after the big photoshoot.. granted I had to jump onto a bench to get into the pic the first few times, AND while we were outside all my friends kept running off (EVEN my brother ran off. geez), I guess it was still awesome :D

Fact is I still don't regret going.. one bit. My camera proves that :)

Oh btw I'll get the missing pics soon but not tonight. Happens that the OTHER battery door clip on my camera broke off and now I have to hold the sucker closed or else the cam doesn't work >_< THANK GOODNESS it didn't happen at the convention XD (I'll get that fixed monday too ^_^) <-- I will still get the pics off.. so if I took your pic (you know who I am.. big link ^_^ (I must seriously be the biggest link there is... BOTH ways) fear not!! I'll upload the pics as soon as I can, and to anyone who wants a high-res version of their pic (or the group pic) IM me at OoTLink or email me at OoTLink@sbcglobal.net and I'll gladly get ya one!! (it's 1600x1200)

^^ hrm ya know while I'm thinking about it.. a few months ago I registered OoTLink on here but kept isaldur for some dumb reason. . anyone think I should switch?

The only thing that I'll regret is if the jedi doesn't shout my screename at conventions anymore... I was totally overjoyed when he did this time :)

matikin9
10-12-2003, 03:06 AM
you probably saw me, i dunno, once i get to develop & scan my pics (or if I find one of me online), you'll know.

hehehe, I'm ALWAYS tripping...it doesn't help that I like to run/jump/hop/skip/be energetic all the time while simultaneously being uncoordinated as hell. I've slipped on my share of wet metal gratings before...you'd think I'd learn my lesson after falling once... LOL, when I played tennis in HS, there was this one time I tripped over myself while I was just standing there. I was standing and somehow, my balance shifted, and I just fell. O_o Yah, I'm very very uncoordinated. I twisted my ankle a few weeks ago too, while I was coming home from Emeryville (while running, trying to catch a bus that wasn't even my bus) and I was limping at the J-Town Anime Festival.

Isaldur
10-12-2003, 03:24 AM
Awww poor matikin!! (sorry I misspelled your name last time).. geez I've never really had that prob tho.. except when I'm tired ;)

and I wasn't THAT tired this time. Ya know, I still say I am SO GLAD I accidentally slept in. I woulda been misearable and left really early had I gone earlier as you're right, it was a lot of running around heeheee...

The worst part was any time we had a gathering going the security would drive us apart ... and they finally decided to pretty much kick us out of the building when we were downstairs at the stage. :\

Hehe matikin, next time there's a convention and I'm there, you're more then welcome to follow me around :D After all, I'm not mighty or heck.. even satisfactorily good at cosplay just yet, and I don't talk to a lot of people.. it'd be nice to have someone to talk to besides my bro (who is nice, but really now).

As for the BIG picture.. I'll put one up for you peeps 100% size and UNCOMPRESSED XD ->> i have to host it at spymac tho because this place has a very low file limit lol and my bandwidth is much too low to hold it :(

So here's the first:

http://www.spymac.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=57198&size=big&papass=&sort=1&thecat=
Sorry some peeps got cut off.. my bro is still learning how to take pics with my cam lol

http://www.spymac.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=57199&size=big&papass=&sort=1&thecat=
Blurry -.-

matikin9
10-12-2003, 03:36 AM
Hehe matikin, next time there's a convention and I'm there, you're more then welcome to follow me around

Alright, next time I'll have more courage & actually talk to people, thanks :) BTW, does everyone refer to each other by their SNs IRL, or by real names?

RyuHayabusaDOA2
10-12-2003, 03:40 AM
well, Mati, I introduce myself using my sn on cosplay.com and then my real name. it's a lot easier that way and there will be another con next month: reccacon 2003. there is a thread for it already here.

matikin9
10-12-2003, 04:00 AM
ooh, i remember running across the RECCACon site when I was browsing around, but i totally forgot about it. Hmm, I might be able to go...dunno, I might have a CS project due around that time, or I might be going down to Santa Cruz for a vacation...I also heard of another con around March next year at a college in Santa Clara. I never realized there were so many in the Bay Area... O_o what was I doing secluding myself in my dorm last year? muahahaha, this year I'm going to go out more & have more fun WHILE getting better grades! yes!

_____

edit:
ah ha, I found a thread about it: http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=21008&highlight=anime+overdose
There's also ParaCon what, NEXT WEEKEND? O_o so...many...cons...I know I definitely can't go to ParaCon b/c I'm going home to L.A. for my grandma's b-day

edit2: wahh, that's the same weekend as Yaoi-con...lol, man, so many bunched together.

Michi
10-12-2003, 05:12 AM
PikminLink won...? Oh, that makes me very happy to hear. ^_^ I hope you can make it out to ReccaCon or something, Pikmin, I miss you~