PDA

View Full Version : bitten...

Lilli
02-07-2003, 08:37 AM
...by the Snow Bug.

Wall day-um. Looks like there might be snow for Katsu after all? Hehe, it's a week from now, but we shall see. I'm not sure how fast this stuff melts here :3 (But I remember that in New Hampshire, it stuck around for quite a while.)

*watching it come down outside* Muahaha.... Who wants to start a betting pool regarding wether or not there'll be any of The White Death left on the ground, by next weekend?

Babylon
02-07-2003, 08:45 AM
It doesn't look like it's supposed to heat up all that much over the next week. There will almost definately be traces of it still around for Katsu. We have a huge snowball out back of our apartment complex that has been around since the first big snow in December. Plus, I'm hearing things about possible snow again Tuesday-Wednesday. Honestly, I'm getting tired of all the snow. I still have to get up and fight the crappy roads into work. :(

-Babylon :schitzo:

psythe
02-07-2003, 09:18 AM
I haven't seen snow since I was 3, so it would be kinda cool in that respect. On the other hand, I don't relish driving in icy weather, I have ZERO snow driving experience.

O_O;;;

Rosiel
02-07-2003, 09:23 AM
I'm hoping it snows... a lot! (the odds: zero!)
As snow would be a perfect backdrop for our Weiss Kreuz photoshoot, since we're all doing the white artbook version.

Whiiiiiiiiiite! All whiiiiiiite!

> We have a huge snowball out back of our apartment complex that has been around since the first big snow in December.

Yes but you're in Manassas, a whole other world when it comes to snow! LOL. I'm in metro DC and snow rarely stays more than a few days after it falls. I predict, unless there is another snowfall, it'll be gone by Katsu. ;___;

Snow just doesn't stick around here... now when I lived in Montreal... we had FEET of snow that stuck around for six months. LOL. Sometimes you had to dig your way out of the house! So we didn't really slow down all that much when driving, even in snow storms. You get used to it. ^__^

Lilli
02-07-2003, 09:35 AM
^^;; LOL!! I don't love snow ^^;;; A couple of years ago in New Hampshire we got 80 inches of snow, it was horrible :p I hate snow, lalalaaaa.

._. Hehee, well for the sake of Rosiel!!! I shall hope hope that it snooows and snows and sticks :3 That way you'll have happiness for the Weiß photoshoot, hehe :3 It does make a nice backdrop, if a slushy and messy one ^-~ (In regards to kneeling/posing on the ground)

kitty_neko
02-07-2003, 09:36 AM
it wouldnt be great to have snow, but as long as it wasnt too deep or icey, it wouldnt be a huge problem...

but if it snowed again, or while we were trying to get there, we might get to the hotel a little later, but i suppose its fine since we're driving down on thurs. ^_^

Babylon
02-07-2003, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by Rosiel
Yes but you're in Manassas, a whole other world when it comes to snow! LOL. I'm in metro DC and snow rarely stays more than a few days after it falls. I predict, unless there is another snowfall, it'll be gone by Katsu. ;___;

Why do you say that like I'm living out on a farm somewhere? ;) You're probably right, and I hope you are. After this winter I hate snow and I want to destroy it all. Driving in it isn't the problem for me. It's driving alongside yuppie bastards who think because they have an SUV they can go 80mph and not slide into me. DC drivers are ignorant and it can get dangerous out there. Plus there's the chore of cleaning at all off your car at 7:30am when all you want is to be in bed sleeping. Things that annoy Babylon... part 18.

I :heart: :sunny:
:sulk:

Yui
02-07-2003, 06:45 PM
Erk. Snow will be bad for being outside. Hmm...well if it ends up being too cold &/or icy or whatnot, we'll have to move that outside photoshoot to someplace (secret?) indoors, out of respect to the 'skimpy' catagory costumes. Um, I'll scope out the hotel when I get there Thursday afternoon and try to come up with a back-up alternative, and I'll let everyone know at the official 2 pm Saturday cp.com gathering if there's a change in locale due to weather conditions.

ZiggyB
02-07-2003, 07:15 PM
lilli: White death? :)

Snow!! I want snow!! :) I wanna do a snow shoot for my DOA costume, and anyone else who's willing. Of course... DOA isn't known for it's snow worthy costumes... I'm still gonna do it if there's SNOW!!! :)

Can you tell I live in California? :)

Rosiel
02-07-2003, 07:47 PM
> It does make a nice backdrop, if a slushy and messy one ^-~

Yeah, if you see a bunch of drenched Weiss Cosplayers, you'll know what happened... because if there is snow, I don't know if I will be able to stop myself from tackling Crawford... wait, we're all dressed in WHITE... this is a very bad idea. O_O

> You're probably right, and I hope you are.

I take it back. I went outside and there is a LOT MORE snow than I thought. It could very well make it.

> DC drivers are ignorant and it can get dangerous out there.

OH YES. Even in rain. People drive off the road in rain. Which, for someone who passed her driver's test on black ice and badly cleaned streets after a snowstorm, is a joke. ^___^

khamryn
02-07-2003, 08:12 PM
Psythe- *o* You need more snow in your life!! ::nodnod::

Babylon- >.> Send all your snow back to Colorado. We've had a very dried up grass winter. >.>;;;;; ::Just now getting some.::

Rosiel- ::Realizes Aya's shirt is a tank top.:: ::Going to freeze.:: I will point and laugh at Crawford if you do. :x haha. And then I will run so no snowballs come my way. u.u; (imagine me running in boots akin to yours! o.o)

Keurblitz
02-07-2003, 08:29 PM
well, snow is good everywhere else but new york -_-

I mean, you should see this crap outside my window right now. All that white snow turned into black polluted slushy... not a good site.

Sciguy
02-07-2003, 09:52 PM
the snow won't be a problem. I can almost gaurantee it. Virginia is usually a rather warm state and even if it were to snow on Wednesday, it wouldn't make it the few days to Katsu weekend. I live in Maryland and we just got 8 inches last night. Even less than a day afterward, the snow poses no problem at all. I have faith that it won't pose a problem.

Neko Cathy
02-07-2003, 10:30 PM
I dunno if you guys have checked... but I just checked weather.com...

::gulps::

They're calling for sleet next saturday AND SNOW next sunday. Friday's fine, but getting back home for you guys might be a bitch.

Gingerbread Man
02-07-2003, 11:48 PM
:mad: My High school graduation is on thursday (alternative school, don't ask) but if there's snow, it's moved to 4:00 Friday...which will cause some definate problems for myself, and the friends I'm driving to katsucon.....So hopefully this is it for snow.:(

Lilli
02-08-2003, 11:42 AM
Ziggy: Yes. White Death. Heheee!! ^^; Living in New Hampshire traumatized me. So much snow ;_; So FREAKIN MUCH SNOW! *collapses into a heap and sobs at the memory*

._.;; anyway. ya...

Sleet Saturday, snow sunday, no problem :3 I'm not leaving until Monday, muahahahaa ^o^

Hehee, Rosiel tackling Crawford into the snow while Aya laughs/shivers his backside off... Sounds like fun :3

Yes Yui!! We must find a possible alternate location, in case it's icky snowing outside. Yaaay Katsucon ^^; Hmmmm. Or. We -could- stage a coup... and overthrow the con, with all the cosplayers with their toilet paper tube guns and balsa wood swords...

We shall need:
3 Dark Schneiders,
5 Kenshins,
At least 4 Ashram,
And... I dunno, throw in a couple each of Vash and I guess Ranma. Because you always need comic relief :3

A J
02-08-2003, 12:00 PM
*groan* I haven't really seen snow since I left Boston 3 years ago. Gonna freeze my butt off...

Gingerbread Man, forget graduation!!! Con more important!!! :)

Just kidding... Seriously, that would really suck to have a conflict... hope it works out for you.

Celine
02-08-2003, 12:34 PM
ARGH I HATE SNOW. I hope the weather people are wrong. I hope it will be sunny and happy at Katsucon. -_- Blaaaaargh!

Aya Mizu
02-08-2003, 03:28 PM
*Brrrrs*
The only thing I'm hoping for is that the snow (if there is any) on Sunday isn't bad enough that those of us flying back home won't get stuck grounded o_o;

Oshi
02-08-2003, 03:43 PM
According to the weather channel, it's supposed to snow Fri & Sat up here around Philly, and be clear Sun...
*checks for the con area*

It says Cloudy friday, and Light Snow saturday ^^

Aya Mizu
02-08-2003, 08:18 PM
Ohhh! Thank you very much for checking up on that! I do hope that's the way it will be come this week.

Wai! ^_^

Sciguy
02-08-2003, 08:55 PM
told you that Snow would be a non-factor! Getting home on the other hand....

Aya Mizu
02-08-2003, 09:46 PM
LOL No kidding. Sunday's going to be something all right.

Neko Cathy
02-08-2003, 11:31 PM
I'm hoping the weather people are wrong too or I might have to heave all my Katsucon luggage around to hop on the fricken Metro :( I'm sort of thankful that friday's looking like it's gonna be clearunless that changes of course.

khamryn
02-09-2003, 12:03 AM
>.>

Getting stuck would kinda suck.

Except I'd have an excuse to stay with Will and bug him. :x

Kamui Motoaki
02-09-2003, 12:05 AM
my house is always open to damsels in distress. . ^_~
as long as they quit hogging my keyboard. . *ahem*

khamryn
02-09-2003, 12:07 AM
Will- XD hahaha that's why you hooked up 2. n.n ~_^ nah, i promise i won't ::glomp::

rpd_girl
02-09-2003, 07:57 PM
I love snow!!!! It has been all white here since before christmas! I love it.... but I hope it isn't rainy (I think it will be on sat) at Katsu. Supposed to be in the 40's on friday. I don't like walking arund in the rain... especially if it is windy. Snow I love... WIND I HATE!

Babylon
02-10-2003, 08:45 AM
Guess what people... Yeah. It's snowing again today in DC. Another 1 to 3 inches packed on top of the 6 or so inches from Friday. Make it stop!

Rosiel
02-10-2003, 08:52 AM
> Yeah. It's snowing again today in DC.

It is? *goes to look*
Oh my you're right... more snow... and too early! I want it nice and white for Friday!

> isn't bad enough that those of us flying back home won't get stuck grounded o_o;

Snow isn't the worst here. If you're flying out of Reagan, hope there will be no wind. Since the airport is, for all intents and purposes "in the city" the runway is really short... I was grounded due to winds twice...

Neko Cathy
02-10-2003, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by Babylon
Guess what people... Yeah. It's snowing again today in DC. Another 1 to 3 inches packed on top of the 6 or so inches from Friday. Make it stop!

Yea, gawddamn snow...

Well... I got good news for all ofyour DC area people. My parents talked to the staff at the Hyatt yesterday and they said that they give FREE shuttle bus rides from the metro stop straight to the hotel. And unfortunately my parents aren't driving me unless it's to the metro in Shady Grove :mad:

Oh kamui, save me! ::glomps:: XD LoL, naw I wouldn't do that but thanks for the offer :). I can see so many chicks popping up at your place.

Oshi
02-10-2003, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by Rosiel
more snow... and too early! I want it nice and white for Friday! Don't worry, it's gonna snow again during the weekend ;D
Although, I'm starting to hear reports it's gonna switch to rain on Sat...