PDA

View Full Version : Hey there

peacecraft
05-14-2002, 01:21 PM
Well, I was wondering when someone would do something with this domain name. Glad its finally active. Hello everyone. I'm a cosplayer who is constantly being made to feel old. On the bright side, the older you get, the easier it is to afford to make a lot of costumes, so I guess there's a trade off. ;)

Philia Philis
05-14-2002, 01:38 PM
Hi hi hi! ^^ Welcome! *gives peacecraft a Peppermint Pattie* Ooh, you're the same age as my big brother! :D I wish I could get him to cosplay. ;_; Bah. *kicks Brett* He's boring.
*is currently paying for her costumes by mowing the lawn* Yeah, I can see how being older and having a real job would come in pretty handy! I hate mowing lawns. X_X

Nietsche
05-14-2002, 02:41 PM
Mwahahaha! Yes Age is a bonus!!!
25..almost the same age as Kingdom Hearts Squall!!!

Mei Lan Chang
05-15-2002, 04:26 AM
You feel old? Noooo, don't never feel old. It takes wisedom to make the best costumes! Cosplay forever! And here, as a motion of good will, have this pink bunny. ::hands Peacecraft a pink bunny::

Celine
05-15-2002, 09:59 AM
Hey there! Welcome!!! Sometimes when I'm at a convention, and surrounded by squealing 15-year-old fangirls... I feel really old. And all these people who are still in high school- I mean, wow, I've been out of high school for YEARS. However, I'm glad to see the wide age range at conventions. Age should never stop you from cosplay!!! Yeah! XD

Plus, there are plenty of awesome characters who are older than 17. Like, Celine! She's my idol and she's 23!!

peacecraft
05-15-2002, 11:54 AM
Don't worry, the pink bunny helped. ;)

Just because I FEEL old doesn't mean I'll stop cosplaying. But as was just said, it does feel odd sometimes when surrounded by people who are pretty much all younger than me.

Third-child
05-15-2002, 11:59 AM
Hahhaha.. You have a pink bunny!

RealizeDOP
05-15-2002, 12:12 PM
Welcome!!!!!! :)

Kenshin Ken
05-15-2002, 01:18 PM
hey hey now ^^; * pat pat* age doesn't matter, it's experiance! The older you get, the wiser you are at well..anything you do hehe ^^.

I'm 19.. I can't say that I feel old.. or young ^^; I'm jsut sorta in the middle... but I do have a good old friend that's been cosplaying since like..1980 ^^;; he feels old, large, etc. but he can make the BEST costumes out there.. plus he's got alot to share ^^ ( by experiance that is ^^ )

Third-child
05-15-2002, 02:18 PM
Rosiel : How old can you be.. I am 25.

peacecraft
05-15-2002, 02:28 PM
and I'm 26. I Thought Treize was younger than me already.

Ayaka
05-15-2002, 03:48 PM
Uh-oh . . . I think saying "how old can you be" might be a dangerous way to word it . . .

Oh yeah, hi Peacecraft.

RealizeDOP
05-15-2002, 04:02 PM
Wow, i'll never get that feeling as of now.....everytime i go to the cons and always sooooooo much younger than everybody else -.-* Hey! It's kinda scary to think i'm turning 18 next year.... *.* Maybe i'll throw a party.... -.-* For a while i felt like i was still 13 or whatever for the longest time....

Celine
05-15-2002, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by Rosiel
I'm even older than you... seriously, most characters my age are either major villains (generally not the pretty bishie ones), boring parental units or, well, DEAD.
[/B]

That is an interesting summary of characters that age. ^_^;; I don't think I've ever taken a character's age into consideration when choosing a costume (had I done so, I might not have crossplayed a character half my age). I wonder why it is that so many character designers feel the need to make all their characters teenagers...? (this is rhetorical, probably isn't a straightforward answer)

On another age-related matter, maybe there are other people who feel old for different reasons than just their actual age? I know that I personally feel old, at 20, since I've been attending conventions since I was 13. Back then, I was new to it all, but now I look at all the people experiencing the convention for the first time... especially those who have never seen a huge dealer's room full of stuff ^_^... and I feel old!

peacecraft
05-15-2002, 06:58 PM
Yeah. I know what you mean. I've been to a couple of conventions that used to be great almost a decade ago. Then they got all huge and impersonal and I just stopped liking them.

Third-child
05-15-2002, 07:36 PM
Sorry.. about the age question. I am not one, who is touchy on it. :-) So I hope there was no offense!

See peacecraft we are not that old. :-)

But how funny will it be in 25 years if we are cosplaying. LOL