PDA

View Full Version : What is THE thing to do @ A-Kon?

kodiak33
02-07-2003, 01:46 PM
This will be my 2nd A-Kon...the first time I only went one day and spent most of it taking pictures and talking with all the groovy people there. This time around I want to check out the other features of the con. What does everyone recommend?

TR5368
02-07-2003, 02:23 PM
I would say you HAVE to play DDR with me..hehe :juggler:

Ali-kun
02-07-2003, 07:16 PM
hehe, last year my favorite activity was the yaoi panel which turned into all-night movie room...but that might not be your kind of thing *eg*

kodiak33
02-07-2003, 08:46 PM
Movies are always a good thing! I will have to check that out. By the way I used to work in Plano all the time. Hopefully I can meet some of you fellow North Texans at this con too since I am relatively new to the whole cosplay scene!:skidude2:

Celine
02-08-2003, 11:47 AM
Heh heh... what to do at Akon? I usually spend the time hanging out with friends, meeting new people, and taking pictures. ^_^;;; I've been to Akon's masquerade almost every year, and it's ok. Not great, and not highly recommended, but it's ok. Err... yep. There are actually a whole lot of cosplayers in the north Texas area. It's pretty cool.

Space Invader
02-08-2003, 11:21 PM
Dealer's room. That's where I am most of the time, watching my money go *poof*. Heh.

Game rooms are fun, especially the DDR one. Ask Celine, I was in the DDR room a LOT ar Ushicon. She got to see me suck and almost collapse from Afronova ^_^.

I don't like video rooms, I get claustrophobic in them.

kodiak33
02-10-2003, 02:12 PM
I spent some time in the dealer's room last year and it was a little overwhelming...I might have to take a small loan out this year:D

A storm trooper on DDR? Now that would be funny...and not too comfortable with plastic armor pinching me here and there :(

TR5368
02-10-2003, 07:23 PM
At least you can see out of your helmet..I cant turn my head..If I want to look somewhere I have to turn mah whole body lol

kodiak33
02-20-2003, 02:37 PM
So I have down movie rooms, masquerade ball, dealer's room, & taking pictures as things to check out during the day. Now are there parties at night or things to do after hours too?

Koumori
02-20-2003, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by kodiak33
So I have down movie rooms, masquerade ball, dealer's room, & taking pictures as things to check out during the day. Now are there parties at night or things to do after hours too?

Masquerade = costume contest, not a dance. :)

Space Invader
02-20-2003, 03:20 PM
>Masquerade = costume contest, not a dance.

But there IS a dance afterwards :p. I will be in attendance, of course, complete with glowsticks. I don't leave home without them. XDDDDD

Amano Jyaku
02-20-2003, 07:13 PM
Order of importance:

1. Find HOT single fangirls to hang out with.
2. See Duel Jewel
3. Dance after Masquerade
4. Movie rooms

Amano

TR5368
02-20-2003, 07:35 PM
thats a good list you got there ;)

Maki
03-13-2003, 04:58 PM
Yeah pretty good list...well accept #1 cuz i dont think its too likely to happen --v

But definately check out duel jewel~ Their show at katsucon was awesome, and I believe they'll be doing the same type of thing at a-kon - regular concert and an accoustic concert ~ so if you miss one, there's always the other ^^

*~Lady Lotus~*
03-19-2003, 12:14 PM
Duel Jewel's show last year was AWESOME! I was in the very very front! *sigh* Oh well, I hope to get that close agian this year.

You MUST go to the dealer's room and the game rooms....they're sooo much fun! I mostly took pictures and walked through the dealers room. It's sooo much fun, so don't worry there's always something to do there.

*~ Lady Lotus ~*