PDA

View Full Version : Chobits costumes! Which one will you make? (or already have XD)

Bunnie-Fu
11-25-2005, 01:28 AM
I love clamp of course....they're unique style of costumes for all their mangas. They are just spifftacular! XD I have a BIG list of chobits costumes I want to make. I just love Chobits. Maybe its because of the cute Gothic Lolita tasted outfits....well....ok maybe that's the reason..but still! They are adorable! They have both taste as well! Cute fluffy pink color styles...and the more gothic black leather style too.

But more to what this thread is about >.> Which Chobits costume are you making, planning, or already made? Well I couldn't decide which one to do first so I'm starting on Christmas Chi :razz: Its CUTE! and I'm going to wear it to school when I do my Secret Santa.

So....which costume are you planning to do? :dance:

Tess
11-25-2005, 03:20 AM
I would one day love to make the black/red/gold "Queen Chii" costume, but Yevon only knows when that will happen. *facepalm* I've done a ghetto!Chii before, though. A rip-off of the black/red "Fleur de Lise" dress that took me a day to construct. Whenever I look at pictures of it, much cringing ensues, LOL.

@-->--- Tess

Cat-Chans
11-25-2005, 04:39 AM
If I ever have the time and money I would love to do the dress off of the cover of Manga 5. It's gorgeous.
I do not, however, like the fact that I would have to hand embroider the whole thing D:

Bunnie-Fu
11-25-2005, 10:17 AM
Oh goodness, hand embroidary will really suck D: I would rather get a machine but that's like major cash right there. About $1,000 cash T.T

Mew Berry
11-25-2005, 10:41 AM
One day a long time from now when I finally learn how to sew and all of that stuff(:P), I want to make that pink frilly-ish one.

mylovestory
11-25-2005, 03:25 PM
Im happy to say that I've done one already! and have gotten the Anime North Hall award for it! :D I have pics in my profile

LyddieGal
11-25-2005, 07:17 PM
I've already done three Chii costumes, I just can't help myself.
I've done the red and gold fishnet crown dress, the cute christmas outfit, and most recently, the orange and cream rose gown. Photos of all are in my gallery, if you're interested.

Miaka-li
11-25-2005, 07:34 PM
I only did one Chii costume for now, the brown dress of her. But I would like to do more Chii costumes. I have 1 or 2 outfits I wanna sew in the future... but I don't know if I will ever do it >.<

Bunnie-Fu
11-25-2005, 07:44 PM
LyddieGal I love your Chi Christmas outfit! I hope once mine is finish it'll be as great as yours! XD And I'm happy to say that I have a LOOOOONG hat!!!

OMG I also love the red and gold dress! I want to make it soooo bad ;.; but that'll have to be way later...way way WAY later

Chiko
11-28-2005, 03:38 PM
You say the truth. All costumes Clamp made for Chobits of for their other Mangas ar wonderfull and fantastic. *-*
I planing to make Freya in her first costume in the Manga. I think she wore it in volume 2 the first time. ^-^

FallenInnocence
12-19-2005, 12:48 AM
Woah... I was just thinking about making a chii costume... But I don't know if it could be consindered Chii is I want to make Freya's red and black one... But I know I want to make Chii's blue super beaded one... It's so pretty. >.< I don't care about the basic parts of the dress but it's the beading that is going to kill me... Not to mention the headdress for that costume also... >.<

KittyAngel
12-19-2005, 12:57 PM
Hi everyone! Not right now or anything, but I'm planning on doing Butterfly Chi and sing POTO in japanese in the near future at a convention. I'm also planning on doing Christmas Chi. Not for a convention, but just for fun:bigtu:

Bunnie-Fu
12-22-2005, 11:28 AM
KittyAngel I'm doing a Christmas Chii too!...but I'm not sure if I'll finish it by Xmas ;.; and I LOVE the Butterfly Chi outfit! Its so cute and I love the long ribbons that goes in the back adn the little butterfly ribbon around her ankle...its just too cute! :3

Kumi-chan
12-22-2005, 09:39 PM
I've already started working on concept sketches for Chii's bakery uniform...if I have the money for fabric, I'd like to make it in time for Sakura Con this year. I'm already doing Tomoyo from Tsubasa and Fuu from Rayearth, though, so it's really a question of making enough cash this winter. (And having the time, since I'm planning a Rayearth group.) No matter what, it'll be a Clamp spring for me.

Of course, if Anime Expo becomes a likely possibility, I might just put it off until then and focus on Rayearth for SC.

The real question is, can I afford the time and money to make the wig?

Mariposa
12-31-2005, 06:02 PM
I've made one Chii costume, it was the lilac Chii from the art book and postcard book. I have a picture in my profile.

I wanna make another one, but I'm having a hard time deciding! a lot of them have the dress that starts long and grows shorter towards the front or the side. Does anyone know of a good pattern for that kind of dress?

LyddieGal
12-31-2005, 06:17 PM
your best bet is to find a pattern that is close in all other aspects and then alter the front. There are some gown patterns by McCalls that do rise in the front, but none as drastically as Chii's.

Fuyuko
01-02-2006, 07:20 PM
I'm going to try to make one of Freya's outfits. It's the one from an illustration, it's a black dress that is open on the back and had black wings painted on her back. My sister is going as Chii from the same picture. I'm hoping it will turn out ok ^-^.

xorubyred
01-03-2006, 08:12 PM
i want to make that one too!

i've made the black freya dress where she's sitting on the moon (1st attempt at cosplay)
http://mars.walagata.com/w/thebunnybabe/chobits.JPG
and i started the xmas chii but never finished.

once i have the time, money, and skills .. i want to make
the purple and white outfit http://mars.walagata.com/w/thebunnybabe/chii11.gif
and the pink dress http://mars.walagata.com/w/thebunnybabe/chii3.JPG
i think they're just absolutely gorgeous

Sizzles
01-03-2006, 09:51 PM
i'm planning on doing chii's school uniform =p seems pretty easy. there are tons of her clothes i want to make. The problem is, it's out of my skill range ._.

Bunnie-Fu
01-07-2006, 10:04 PM
I really want to make the one red princess dress Chii has. Its like a corset and has lots and lots and LOTS of lace! I want to wear it to prom..I think it'll look the smesk.

I wonder if anyone's made it yet? I want to see some pictures if they did ^_^

Jie
01-09-2006, 12:08 AM
I've already made Yuzuki's costume. ^^ Eventually I'll make a Chii costume but not at this moment.

Makino Tsukushi
01-09-2006, 01:22 AM
I had a Sumomo costume made and wore it to AX 2005 and eventually AX2006. I have pics of it in my gallery^_^

MiraiTrunksLove
05-26-2009, 10:44 AM
my cousin and I are working on the outfits of chii and freya, when they are tied with red ribbons.
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i7/l0serbri/colour50.jpg

Kiichigo
05-26-2009, 04:11 PM
I made the uniform for Chii's first day of work.. When she's handing out... Stuff O.o

Sadly I lost the skirt and the top and the apron, so can't take any pictures with it >.< (Still have the headband with the ears and the fabric-thingie though)

I DEFINITELY WILL COSPLAY MORE CHOBITS!!! The outfits are way too gorgeus ^^