PDA

View Full Version : What do you think about Crossplay?

Sciguy
02-07-2003, 05:35 PM
I think that Crossplay is nifty! I'm trying to talk a guy I know to lend me his crossplay and Kigurumi stuff for Otakon. With any luck, I'll get to try it out. Now, I'm not gay or anything, but crossplay sounds like it could be rather fun. I'll try almost anything once!

Thoughts?

Nine
02-07-2003, 05:48 PM
Crossplay has nothing to do with being gay or lesbian! Don't even concider worrying about people here assuming you're gay for crossplaying. I happen to be gay, but I don't crossplay because I'm gay. Apparently, a lot of people who don't understand the concept of cosplaying think I'm denying to myself and believe my crossplaying is a sick way of flaunting my homosexuality, but cosplay and sexual orientation are two totally different things! ^^d

My cosplay list for Sakuracon consists of 5 females, and one "it" XD

Lulu from Final Fantasy X
Naga from Slayers
Officer Jenny from Pokemon
BT from .hack//SIGN
Millerna from Escaflowne
Gema from DiGi Charat

^^

psythe
02-07-2003, 06:05 PM
well said nine ^_^

It's all about being in the costume of the character you love, so if you wanna do a character of the opposite sex, by all means go for it. And don't worry about what others think.

soshi
02-07-2003, 06:29 PM
before I started getting to know other cosplayers online, I didn't even know the term 'crossplay' existed. I always figured you just dressed up as whoever you liked . gender never even popped into my mind.

... and I still think you should just dress up as whoever you like, gender be damned. ^___^

Pendrell
02-07-2003, 06:39 PM
Tellin' it like it is, soshi ;)
I pretty much felt the same way-- that gender really doesn't figure into the concept of cosplay. You can cosplay who you want to when you want to. XP

MonoyashaJLA
02-07-2003, 06:53 PM
I personally don't think crossplaying is a big deal. I just like crossplaying because the men costumes are easier to wear and less relealing. 0-0

Cocoa
02-07-2003, 07:47 PM
Crossplay is fun! I don't really have the proper body shape to do a lot of my favorite female characters, however I'm bishounen-sized, so I do the guys instead. And Nine, if you see a 5'7" 20 year old girl wearing Subaru Sumeragi's shikifuku, with a rather intimdateing female Seishirou, at Sakuracon, give the Subaru a hug and tell her Cocoa says hi. Mostly because I want to go, and I can't...so some one else has to give the free hugs for me ^^
-Cocoa

Menchi
02-07-2003, 09:06 PM
me i see nothing wrong with crossplay at all. revealing or not seems most female costumes are more recognizable. *shrugs* have yet to do a male char yet XD even though i know i will soon, friends of mine remind me of it all the time ^^;;

Ali-kun
02-07-2003, 09:11 PM
I love crossplay @_@ (maybe it's because it's easier for me to pull off a bishonen than try to stuff enough to resemble your average anime chick ^_~)

I get really irked when people try to bring "wrongness" or sexuality into it...all of my costumes are just that: costumes. We're doing it for fun!

Hmm, I've never actually done this, but I also rather like female versions of male costumes ^_^ They can be really cute! I can't recall actually having SEEN the other way around, male versions of female costumes (maybe I have and didn't realize it) but I've seen some designs for a couple and they looked cool too. But that's not really crossplay, as Ali rambles off-topic ^_~

Sciguy
02-07-2003, 09:26 PM
I didn't mean to relate homosexuality with crossplay, Nine. Gomen nasai for mispeaking.

I'd love to do a crossplay. My friends like to tease me about my feminine physique and I'm already bishounen with my now-long hair. My friend's father once said, "damn boy, you've got the smallest hands I've ever seen," and another friend said, "seriously, he looks like a girl from behind!" Also, I'm 5'9" and only 130 pounds so it'd be easy for me to pull off a believable girl cosplay.

All I really need is someway of making certain physical changes and either a mask (which I may be able to borrow from a guy I know, along with the actual costumes and whatnot) or someone who would be able to do my makeup well enough to make me look like a girl. Any volunteers? lol

Nine
02-07-2003, 09:32 PM
hehe.. thats ok!

...i wouldnt expect to pass for a girl but its really scary that I can pull off some of these cosplays! XD

Hikaru Tsuki
02-07-2003, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by Nine
hehe.. thats ok!

...i wouldnt expect to pass for a girl but its really scary that I can pull off some of these cosplays! XD

Well, there was that one group of kids at our first Cosplay party that thought you were a girl in your Lulu costume. XD

When it comes to chosing my costumes, gender never matters. I cosplay characters I like, simple as that. And me being a total fangirl, most of my costumes are guys, so I usually crossplay. It's all good. ^^

Miroku
02-07-2003, 11:49 PM
Crossplay is fine with me as long as you are doing it in a tasteful manner, and you are dressing up as a character because you genuinely like the chracter. If you are doing as a desperate attempt for attention, the no I dont think its a good idea. But that applies to normal old cosplay as well.

cyankirby
02-08-2003, 02:05 AM
I have to agree with everyone else. I myself am going to a con dressed as Roy from Fire Emblem partially because none of my friends will dress as him and also because he's a really cool character. I have no problem dressing as him and I don't think anyone else does either. A costume is just a costume and its all for fun anyway so why not!

Nine
02-08-2003, 03:20 AM
Originally posted by Miroku
If you are doing as a desperate attempt for attention, the no I dont think its a good idea.

I'm crossplaying naga for desprite attention lol

Miroku
02-08-2003, 03:29 AM
I'm crossplaying naga for desprite attention lol

Hmm, I dont think you need to be desperate to get attention. I think you would get noticed one way or the other. :)

Menchi
02-08-2003, 04:40 AM
OMG a male naga! whoever does taht is an amazing an powerful person *im not worthy im not worthy* that is courage even my imagination, good luck! ^^;;;

TsukiGuujin
02-08-2003, 05:34 AM
Originally posted by Sciguy
I'd love to do a crossplay. My friends like to tease me about my feminine physique and I'm already bishounen with my now-long hair. My friend's father once said, "damn boy, you've got the smallest hands I've ever seen," and another friend said, "seriously, he looks like a girl from behind!" Also, I'm 5'9" and only 130 pounds so it'd be easy for me to pull off a believable girl cosplay.

All I really need is someway of making certain physical changes and either a mask (which I may be able to borrow from a guy I know, along with the actual costumes and whatnot) or someone who would be able to do my makeup well enough to make me look like a girl. Any volunteers? lol

OOOOH, girly boys. I love em. XD **kidding, don't flame me**

*VOLUNTEERS READILY*

I hold firm to my belief that every boy should dress as a girl at least once in his life. (I believe that every girl should dress as a boy at least once in her life, too)

On the general subject of crossplay, I am THRILLED to see this board here. I am a HUGE crossplay supporter. I'm planning six costumes this year, and only one of them is a girl costume. (flat chest, here I come. X_X) Actually, I can only think of four girls that I might even EVER cosplay. O.o I guess I make a prettier boy. I'm not the prettiest GIRL, but, hey! WOO for bishounen, ne?

So, whee!

~~Tsuki Guujin~~

TheLoneWolf
02-08-2003, 07:10 AM
*ahem*
My firm belief is this,and to quote Fred Gallagher:
"Crossplay=The Evil"

TsukiGuujin
02-08-2003, 07:17 AM
-.- Meanie, TheLoneWolf.

Ah, well, I don't care, I love it. ^^

~~Tsuki Guujin~~

Rosiel
02-08-2003, 09:46 AM
> I'm crossplaying naga for desprite attention lol

Ah but will the attention you get be the kind you want?

I will agree that crossplay needs to remain within the tasteful, and add that taste is something dictated by society at the time, by what we are conditioned to believe.

All in all I enjoy crossplay when it is believable. That is, for example, seeing Justin in his Princess Peach costume, or Scrawny Squall in her Squall costume. Bearded Sailor Scouts and DoubleD Weiss boys need no apply. X__X

Not to lump you with the above extreme examples, Nine, but I have to be honest with you, and say that I do not relish the idea of a Naga crossplayer. There are limits in crossplay I would rather not see crossed, and this is one of them.

Sciguy
02-08-2003, 10:00 AM
I would have to agree. I support crossplay no matter what because I have a great belief in freedom of choice in all things. However, I especially like crossplay when you can't tell that the person is crossplaying.

Some guys would get angry if they found out the hot girl they were hitting on was a guy. I would find it hilarious and compliment the guy on his costume. Then, since I'm I'm only going to be there for a fews days at the max anyway, I'd continue to hit on him. I'm there for three days, what possible consequences could arise? So why not, eh? lol

TsukiGuujin
02-08-2003, 10:05 AM
Sciguy, that is HILARIOUS and I think you should hit on guys to see if they notice. XD Yes, yes, I am a little twisted.

I still volunteer to do your makeup. XD

~~Tsuki~~

Rosiel
02-08-2003, 10:18 AM
> Some guys would get angry if they found out the hot girl they were hitting on was a guy.

In that respect it's easier to be a girl dressed as a male character... while such a kind of gender mix up happens to me quite frequently, girls don't tend to mind when they figure out they were wrong. The worst I experienced were girls being disappointed I was not a guy *laughs* and the best was that I actually met people who became good friends that way. ^__^

TsukiGuujin
02-08-2003, 10:22 AM
Really, Rosiel? You don't look like a boy to me at all. O.o Not really. I wouldn't mistake you...not by looking at your pics anyway!

I can sometimes pass for male...like when I had my Duo braid in and was walking around in a really baggy shirt and my trenchcoat and jeans....someone thought I was a boy, even with the braid. They told me I had a pretty face, though. XD They just didn't know. MWAHAHA!

~~Tsuki, who is going to bed now that it is 8:23 in the damned morining~~

Rosiel
02-08-2003, 10:49 AM
> Really, Rosiel? You don't look like a boy to me at all. O.o Not really. I wouldn't mistake you...not by looking at your pics anyway!

That's what I think too! *laughs* But from experience, especially with Ramirez and Miguel, it's not obvious for everyone. O_O

This actually sparked a fascinating discussion with some of my friends about anime and the suspension of disbelief. I mean, anywhere else I could walk around with short hair, shoulder pads and pants and everyone would know I'm a girl. But when it comes to anime cons, and to the fact that I often cosplay men who are incredibly girly, it seems that it becomes believable just because... if in anime boys can look like girls, why not that person over there dressed as my favorite character?

It's almost like wishful thinking...

> I can sometimes pass for male...

I can't. I wear men's clothes quite often, but I end up looking as male as Integra Hellsing... which means only in anime could I ever be mistaken for one. ^__^

soshi
02-08-2003, 11:46 AM
I can pass for a guy if I get my boobs to dissapear, which is quite a feat in itself x_x;;

Bearded Sailor Scouts and DoubleD Weiss boys need no apply. X__X

with hope (and quite a few ace bandages), this DD Weiss boy will find a way to become a relatively flat-ish Weiss boy by the time the costume's finished. >_o I usually don't bind myself because the costumes have had dimensions that don't make it matter either way, but.. that trench coat ain't workin. *dies*

Eurobeat King
02-08-2003, 12:21 PM
I don't mind crossplay, as my friend Justin pulls it off sooo well.. At Animagic last year when he wore Heather's Cammy, he sure fooled a lot of people. ;) His Mana and other J-rock costumes are very convincing as well. So for him and other peeps if they do a good job with their costumes I'll take their pictures at cons.

I've only crossplayed once, as King from King of Fighters, since she's a character that I love and the ONLY one I could pull off who doesn't have big-boobs (that show) like Mai, Yuri, etc. Since 2001 I've enjoyed crossplaying her at cons once in a while, and it's always fun when grouped together with other KOF characters or for Capcom vs. SNK groups. :D

King was supposed to be the ONLY character I would ever crossplay, but I now have another female character costume in the works, as I like this character and I look a little like her. :thumbsup: My friend Erika Door is making it, and I'll debut the costume at A-kon in May. I can't wait to wear it.. :skidude2:

Celine
02-08-2003, 12:28 PM
I don't mind crossplay. I mainly do it because 99% of my favorite characters are male, and I like a lot of guy's costumes. I don't think that being the wrong gender should stop me from making a costume I like. I've been crossplaying for about two years, and only one person has ever mistaken me for the wrong gender. I can never decide if this is a good or bad thing...

I'm not a huge supporter of crossplay because I wish that all the cool characters were female since crossplay is so @#&$ing painful. I'm not a DD, but I still have a bitch of a time with the binding. One thing that a lot of girls should try to pay attention to is that some male costumes are much more forgiving than others. Lots of anime guys wear straight-legged pants which make it impossible to hide your hips. If you can avoid a spandex top, your life will be easier.

Nine
02-08-2003, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by Rosiel

Not to lump you with the above extreme examples, Nine, but I have to be honest with you, and say that I do not relish the idea of a Naga crossplayer. There are limits in crossplay I would rather not see crossed, and this is one of them.

Did I mention that I'll be wearing a skin coloured body suit?

coscrew
02-08-2003, 02:10 PM
Nine, i jsut went thru your cosplay site,.. hholy crap! i LOVE the peach costume, and the hair was wicked!

you MUST do kelly, infact, if you don't i will have to.. uh... i dunno..
but i am a HUGE bust a move fan,.. so yeah, do kelly. i did heat. 2 heats actually. yaye! =D

Hikaru Tsuki
02-08-2003, 02:11 PM
Did I mention that I'll be wearing a skin coloured body suit?

Haha, our group wouldn't let you walk around with us if you didn't. XD

I never let Nine wear skirts without shorts underneath, unless there's no room for them. O_o;;; I remember when we were planning our first costumes...
Nine: I'm going to be SAILOR MOON!
Me: .... You are wearing shorts under that skirt!

*lol* But the skirt ended up being so long (so his shins XD) that shorts weren't really necessairy, I'm still laughing over that costume!

Though, when it comes to cosplay, I find that people don't have nearly as many problems with a girl in something skimpy than a guy. HAVE YOU GUYS SEEN WRESTLING?! You have men wearing hardly anything trying to PIN eachother while getting tired and sweaty! .... Now that's fan service. I think as long as the person is in their own comfort zone, there shouldn't be issues with what they wear, as long as it isn't revealing anything innapropiate.

Nine
02-08-2003, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by coscrew
Nine, i jsut went thru your cosplay site,.. hholy crap! i LOVE the peach costume, and the hair was wicked!

Haha, thanks! My cosplay site is needs updating so badly.. lol

I was going to crossplay kelly, but I decided to crossplay officer jenny for my women police officer fix. XD I might cosplay her in the future, but it's not certain ^^;

Originally posted by Hikaru Tsuki

I never let Nine wear skirts without shorts underneath, unless there's no room for them.

lol true
Except with officer jenny, no shots for that one. I'll have to wear like a couple of pairs of underwear for that and carry a jacket with me so i can sit down XD

RoseDuelist
02-08-2003, 06:05 PM
Yay for Crossplay! I wanted to be something from Inu Yasha, but I hate Kikyo and I didn't want to be in a school uniform. Sanga is just... ehh.. ok.. Yayness for Inu Yasha!

I don't think it has anything to do with wanting to change sexes. It's about expressing yourself as a character you really enjoy, REGARDLESS of gender, not because of.

Sciguy
02-08-2003, 08:03 PM
Tsuki, if you provide the costume and the make-up and we meet at Katsucon or Otakon, I'm all yours! Also, I might just try to hit on a few guys if I'm in a convincing crossplay. That would be funny! I'd like to get a picture of the guy holding me close or grabbing something, then a second photo of his reaction when I tell him my gender. That would be so frickin' funny!

Point well taken, Rose. Gender shouldn't factor into cosplay decisions, you should just cosplay whoever you like to. Or cosplay a certain character to test your ability. (for me, that would trying to do a flawless demon Belldandy crossplay. That would be difficult, but doable)

With a little practice, I could act like a girl, too. As I type, I'm sitting with my legs crossed like a girl, lol. I've lived with two women for the past six or seven years, so I've picked up a lot of their mannerisms. I already overuse the terms "cute" and "adorable" lol.

Nine
02-09-2003, 04:19 AM
I made the body suit. I was the most simple thing I've ever sewn. It was one piece. It was so easy. XD There's a seam down the center though.. I really hope that doesn't make it look bad.. :S

Sciguy
02-09-2003, 10:19 PM
Nine, i'll refer you to http://www.yuriskigurumi.com for some bodysuit cosplay. Yuri is really cute and she wears a bodysuit for her cosplay. Drop her an E-mail or an IM if you need any tricks and/or tips.

Nine
02-09-2003, 11:44 PM
That's cool! :D I'm basically making this bodysuit because I'm not explosing mostly my entire body in public. XD Naga's horrible.. I'm just SO glad she has a cape to cover her back!!!!!!!!!! XD

TsukiGuujin
02-10-2003, 12:26 AM
Sciguy! Unfortunately, I'm on the other side of the country. But if I ever make it to those cons, YOU ARE MINE! MWAHAHAHA! *laugh*

I wanted to do Katsucon, but...it never happened. Ah, well, next year when Tsuki has money.

As it is, I might not get Yaoi Con, unless I find a roommate and...and....*babbles about the wonders of my free plane tickets*

~~Tsuki~~

michanchan
02-10-2003, 12:28 AM
i think crossplaying is all right. I dun mind... to be honest, i don't like to dress up in something that's showing alot of skin from scars and whatnot... Plus, good show to preform when making out with my bf.

TsukiGuujin
02-10-2003, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by michanchan
i think crossplaying is all right. I dun mind... to be honest, i don't like to dress up in something that's showing alot of skin from scars and whatnot... Plus, good show to preform when making out with my bf.

XD

Making out with your boyfriend while you're dressed as a boy is funny.

I intend to do that with more than one pair of costumes we're doing.

Here's the ones we're doing, even if you can't always tell that the character I'm gonna be is a boy.

Count D and Leon Orcot
Rosiel and Katan
Duo Maxwell and Heero Yuy
POSSIBLY Tigers Eye and Hawks Eye.

There will be more, you can bet on that. XD

Ah, I love crossplay....*sigh*

~~Tsuki~~

L to the 3rd
02-10-2003, 03:58 PM
i wear boxers underneath my
hakama when i'm Battousai/kenshin ^_^;

TheBrainUM
02-10-2003, 04:25 PM
I'm indifferent to disliking crossplay. Not a fan of seeing guys in tight package hugging clothes, so I'd rather if I didn't have to avert my eyes. But that being said, unless some guy feels the need to put his crotch in my face, I have no problem. On the other hand, fat hairy guys as sailor moon characters, NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!!

TsukiGuujin
02-10-2003, 05:24 PM
I SO AGREE on that one, TheBrainUM! *puke* Those guys are VERY SCARY. O.O Man, shave that stuff off. Be presentable in that girl costume! XD

~~Tsuki~~

ryuichi fangirl
02-10-2003, 06:02 PM
Crossplay is great! I have yet to do a female character...I just like the guys so much more..I find it to be alot of fun...who cares what anyone else thinks...

Miroku
02-10-2003, 11:41 PM
Duo Maxwell and Heero Yuy

Heero, and Duo making out..........There is not an emoticon that exists to describe how I feel about that.

Merle-kun
02-11-2003, 12:39 PM
Obviously I love crossplay. If it wasn't for that, I would have stopped cosplaying a long time ago because I would have lost interest.

But my opinion is that crossplay if for the serious only. Those who run around with beards and hairy legs make others think of it as a joke. I've had people assume I'm doing it as a joke, purely because of those kinds of people. I can't say I've been more upset by anything else. To me, that's completely undermining the reason why I crossplay. I enjoy the difficulty level of the female costumes. Not only are the costumes a challenge, but making yourself look like a passable woman is also a chore to accomplish.

People also assume I'm gay ^^; Not true... I'm perfectly straIght, but I figured it would happen. I used to let it bother me, but people will think what they want. Some even after you tell them the truth ^^; Some people are completely against crossplay, to the point of being angry and insulted at just seeing someone crossplaying. None have ever done anything, some have said things to me but that's about it. Sure they're entitled to their opinions, but why on earth be so upset about it? It's not like we're chasing them around for hugs and kisses or trying to shove them into a dress or anything. ^^; As a lover of psychology I can guess as to why, but only guess.

TsukiGuujin
02-11-2003, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by Miroku
Heero, and Duo making out..........There is not an emoticon that exists to describe how I feel about that.

*dies laughing* AHAHAHAAHAHHAHAHAH!

I won't get into that on this thread, but...I can't stop laughing. I just can't.

NOTE: never read my fanfiction, Miroku. ^^;

~~Tsuki~~

Sciguy
02-11-2003, 05:09 PM
heh, a friend of mine is obsessed with that pairing. She loves it when Heero and Duo... get it on, lol. Athough, I'm more of a Quatre/Trowa kind of guy.

Nine
02-11-2003, 06:07 PM
The thing is, I don't crossplay BECAUSE it's cross dressing.. I crossplay because when I want to cosplay a character, it allways turns out to be female. Female costumes appeal to me more than male costumes. ^^;

It's not like "Who will I crossplay next..?"

It's "Who will I cosplay next... oh this one oh its a girl cool" XD

Miroku
02-11-2003, 11:55 PM
NOTE: never read my fanfiction, Miroku. ^^;

Is that a warning or a twisted sort of invite?

TsukiGuujin
02-12-2003, 12:45 AM
>>The thing is, I don't crossplay BECAUSE it's cross dressing.. I crossplay because when I want to cosplay a character, it allways turns out to be female. Female costumes appeal to me more than male costumes. ^^;

I understand THAT one, let me tell you! I happen to like crossdressing as an everyday thing, sure, but it's not like I go and LOOK for boys to cosplay...well, sometimes I do. XD

But sometimes, I just relate well to a character (*cough*DUO*cough*) and I want to be that character at a con, you know?

I actually DO have a couple female costumes planned.

WHAT!? Don't look at me like that! I mean it! I really do!

>>Is that a warning or a twisted sort of invite?

It's whatever you want it to be. XD

Maybe it's both.

*snicker snicker*

>>heh, a friend of mine is obsessed with that pairing. She loves it when Heero and Duo... get it on, lol. Athough, I'm more of a Quatre/Trowa kind of guy.

I fully support both pairings. And, as my friend said about Wufei, "Solitary dragon wanks alone."

I'll prolly get warned for being lewd. XD
~~Tsuki Guujin~~

Michi
02-12-2003, 01:13 AM
The thing is, I don't crossplay BECAUSE it's cross dressing.. I crossplay because when I want to cosplay a character, it allways turns out to be female. Female costumes appeal to me more than male costumes. ^^;

YAY I like the way you put that.

I crossplay and cosplay. I don't care what gender the character I really like is, as long as I can pull it off. o.o; Of course, I've barely done any overly masculine men yet. ^_^; Three FF8 boys, stuff like Kuja.. yeah.

Bobbi
02-17-2003, 03:03 AM
I completely support crossplay, if it's well done (no hairy legs, facial hair, covering up curves etc). I completely understand why guys crossplay, because female costumes are so much more elaborate. I haven't seen many elaborate and beautiful guy costumes out there.

My mom thinks my boyfriend has problems because he wants to do Rabi~en~Rose. The rest of my family and non-anime loving friends would probably think so too, but I don't care. I think it's great that he's willing to do it, and I'm going to help him look as pretty as possible. Hehee.

I don't think I could pull off a good crossplay, but if I were able to, I would. ^^ I'm too curvy and busty. So I think I'm going to stay with female costumes.

TsukiGuujin
02-18-2003, 01:04 AM
>> My mom thinks my boyfriend has problems because he wants to do Rabi~en~Rose. The rest of my family and non-anime loving friends would probably think so too, but I don't care. I think it's great that he's willing to do it, and I'm going to help him look as pretty as possible. Hehee.

THAT'S GREAT! Yay for him! And you helping him is even better. I think that people who are against it need to pull their heads outta their butts. Tsuki=spiteful.

>>I don't think I could pull off a good crossplay, but if I were able to, I would. ^^ I'm too curvy and busty. So I think I'm going to stay with female costumes.

I do understand that...I know someone who sticks with more female costumes just because of practicality reasons. But you never know. You should try it sometime. And if it doesn't work, at least you tried.

~~Tsuki, who keeps the comment in her head to herself for this one time~~

Vialoi Ketsueke
02-19-2003, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by TheBrainUM
But I have no problem. On the other hand, fat hairy guys as sailor moon characters, NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!!

At Shoujocon 2002, there was a 60 year old man dressed up as a Sailor Scout. Needless to say, that was not a nice thing to see.
As for me, I really enjoy Crossplaying, for a couple of reasons. One reason is because my face looks more boyish then girlish, and I absolutely hate wearing makeup. I've been mistaken as a young man a lot of times. When I cosplayed as Muraki from Yami No Matsuei a couple of people thought I was a boy.
Heh, anyway. I believe that sexual preference has nothing to do with crossplaying..Although one time when I was dressed as Muraki in his Tuxedo form, a representative from Yuricon approached me and said " Mh, we like girls in tuxedos" , then she stuck a Yuricon sticker on me. ..It just made me feel uncomfortable ..x.x;;;;

PirateRogue
02-19-2003, 11:12 PM
The art of the artifice is what attracts me to it. And, its intriguing to see how people react to you. Sexual preference has nothing to do with it at all.

TsukiGuujin
02-20-2003, 01:31 AM
>>The art of the artifice is what attracts me to it. And, its intriguing to see how people react to you. Sexual preference has nothing to do with it at all.

And I love you MORE now. I completely agree with you. I'm almost as straight as they come, and I dress as a boy quite a bit. Not just IN COSTUME, either. X_X

Reactions are funny. And the reason I CROSSPLAY (as opposed to every day crossDRESSing) is partially due to my yaoi fetish. That doesn't mean I'M not straight.

~~Tsuki Guujin~~

sakura yuna
02-25-2003, 07:31 PM
I absolutely love and adore crossplay! Even though i have cosplayed as nothing but females so far...2003 will change that!

Past Cosplays:
Sailor Leopard
Garnet
Ling Xiaoyu (Tekken 4 version, default costume)

Present Cosplays:
Devil Squall (FF8)
Micheal (AS)
Tir Mcdohl(Suikoden)

So far only three males planned but yes! I finally get to see what it is like running around a convention as a guy!!! kewlios....yay!!! erm....crossplay along with cosplay is my favorite hobby!!!

Sciguy
02-28-2003, 10:23 PM
Yay for crossplay! I can't wait to do my first crossplay. It should prove to be a lot of fun. Any tips for seeming more girlish? *idea for a new thread comes to mind*