PDA

View Full Version : Naruto ~ Rock Lee's Jumpsuit/Bandages?

Chibi Neko Nobi
11-27-2005, 10:04 PM
I admit, I'm not a good sewer, at all. I have everything else, the legwarmers, bags, everything.
The things I don't have is the jumpsuit. What would be the easiest thing to do to get a jumpsuit, or find something thats alterable? Where would I get the closest?
Also, for the bandages, what is best used for them?
:D Thank you
~Nobi

Chibi-kun
11-27-2005, 10:27 PM
for bandages, you should use sports tape thats what I used for Sasuke and it worked well.

as for the jumpsuit, leotards (?) from ballet or dance studios should work. Ask for a full body one those should work.

Chibi Neko Nobi
11-30-2005, 01:49 PM
I was thinking of using tape, but I also want it to be able to be undone a bit...for those gate releases ;)
Do you know any good dance places that would have something I want, but not overtly expensive?
(btw, I can't wait to see Time Jump Hinata in cosplay ;D)

Jiah
11-30-2005, 03:23 PM
You can still have it undone- Just pull off more than required to cover your arm, then fold it over so it doesn't stick to everything. That is, of course, assuming you don't want to actually pull them off all together.

ilikeyaoi
11-30-2005, 05:55 PM
When I did Lee I sewed my entire body suit from some green spandex-y material, but I wish I asked Chibi-kun first, now XD. Go with the ballet shop, you will save yourself a hell of a lot of frustration. (Do a google search on "Ballet store leotards", or something along those lines.)

I used gauze and safety pins, too. But I won't recommend that. It was constantly falling off, even if it was good enough for those gate releases. Sports tape will work, but you can possibly put a piece of white material on the sticky side and just tuck the end in to stop it from sticking.

Chibi-kun
11-30-2005, 06:25 PM
when you buy sports tape, usually they come in a set thingie. They have this gauzey yellow thing that you put on first then apply the sticky tape over it. That way it doesnt peel off your skin. Thats what I used for my sasuke costume.

yes, ballet shops should have those things XD I did ballet for a certain number of years and I have countless numbers of leotards back home.

Chibi Neko Nobi
11-30-2005, 06:41 PM
:D thanks guys. I'm gonna use those ideas for the bandages.
I'll look everywhere for the right leotard. ;) thank you!

DarkenedWings
12-02-2005, 11:35 PM
I know this post is kind of old, but if you're worried about your bandages sticking, another route would be to use STRETCHY (I cannot put enough emphasis on the word STRETCHY) white fabric. Wrap it tightly around your arms, and either pin it or tuck it really well when you don't want it loose. You don't have to sew the edges or anything, just cut it neatly.

I've seen SO many Naruto cosplayers who use regular cotton for their bandages and every single one of them has regretted it. Use STRETCHY fabric. I use it on my Sasuke leggings, and it works great.

Chibi Neko Nobi
12-04-2005, 05:20 PM
Thank you so much!! I can see how that would work greatly. :D its very much appriciated.