PDA

View Full Version : DTAC will honour Con No Baka Admissions (details inside)

Kaijugal
11-28-2005, 04:07 PM
Dear Anime Fans,

We at Hobby Star Marketing Inc. were very disappointed to hear about the fiasco that went on this past weekend and sympathize with the fans and exhibitors. As a token of appreciation to the Anime community for your support of our events over the years, we will honour all used or unused “Con No Baka” tickets at this Sunday’s Toronto AnimeCon on December 4 at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre. Simply bring your “Con No Baka” badge to the admission table for the Toronto AnimeCon and we will admit you to our event at no charge. For more information on the Toronto AnimeCon please visit: www.hobbystar.com (http://www.hobbystar.com)

*Hobby Star Marketing Inc. and the Toronto AnimeCon have no affiliation with “Con No Baka” or it’s organizers

Otaking97
11-28-2005, 05:09 PM
That rules. DTAC just went up HUGE in my books! Yipee!!

Wing_Goddess
11-28-2005, 05:12 PM
i never got a Con no Baka ticket because i was planning to go on the Sunday and i was told that it ended around 6pm on Saturday night when my friend and i arrived. Though i have to say that what DTAC is doing by accepting Con no Baka badges is very nice. i wouldn't have even expected it. even though i don't have a ticket, i gotta say thanks anyway ^___^ That's so nice!!!♥♥♥

DiGi_Rin
11-28-2005, 05:36 PM
Are they accepting free admission for weekend passes too?

Chibik3r0
11-28-2005, 06:29 PM
Dear Anime Fans,

We at Hobby Star Marketing Inc. were very disappointed to hear about the fiasco that went on this past weekend and sympathize with the fans and exhibitors. As a token of appreciation to the Anime community for your support of our events over the years, we will honour all used or unused “Con No Baka” tickets at this Sunday’s Toronto AnimeCon on December 4 at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre. Simply bring your “Con No Baka” badge to the admission table for the Toronto AnimeCon and we will admit you to our event at no charge. For more information on the Toronto AnimeCon please visit: www.hobbystar.com (http://www.hobbystar.com)

*Hobby Star Marketing Inc. and the Toronto AnimeCon have no affiliation with “Con No Baka” or it’s organizers

I don't know if you know or not Dawn, but does this apply to ALL passes? Meaning including artist alley and dealer passes?

Otaking97
11-28-2005, 06:33 PM
I'm not so sure about panelist/dealer badges myself. But likely. Either way if Dawn doesn't post back I'd bring it and $10 anyway just incase.

minion-chan
11-28-2005, 06:37 PM
saweet! Now I'll definately be going to D-TAC, I didn't feel like dropping 10 bux on it, but if its free, I'm all for it.

IWantYouItachi
11-28-2005, 06:42 PM
Thats a pretty spiffy deal.

Not trying to be greedy or anything, but what about "Con No Baka Bucks"? I mean... I've got fake money and no way to spend it! lol.

KazeChan
11-28-2005, 06:47 PM
so, do you mean that the Saturday tickets work for this? or... (saturday meaning from con no baka of course)

(I'm just a little confused ^^; )

TheWestWind
11-28-2005, 06:48 PM
Wow, that is really cool! I lurve you guys!

Locri
11-28-2005, 07:19 PM
Major points to Hobby Star for doing this... I wasn't really planning on going before, but now I'm heavily reconsidering it.

I might even break out the Hohenheim costume again just for kicks ^_^

-Locri

heki-chan
11-28-2005, 08:11 PM
Wow. WAY TO GO, HOBBYSTAR! *_*

Jo_Canadian
11-28-2005, 09:10 PM
does this include the vollenteers who took it up the flashpipe because of this con?

KazeChan
11-28-2005, 09:52 PM
XD okay well I can't go..I have no ride so ya <3 have fun all.

Natty Dread
11-28-2005, 10:52 PM
does this include the vollenteers who took it up the flashpipe because of this con?
yes, my boyfriend, myself and a friend of ours had to do some unreasonable shifts, and we were on the security. are we elligable for this as well?

TMoffatt
11-28-2005, 11:40 PM
Wow, that is an amazing move by Hobbystar. I'm really glad that somebody made that decision. Hobbystar has definitely risen a helluva lot in my eyes as a result.

I raise a toast to you.

TribalButterfly
11-29-2005, 09:17 AM
That's really nice of you guys!

archangeli
11-29-2005, 10:50 AM
Wow, that is an amazing move by Hobbystar. I'm really glad that somebody made that decision. Hobbystar has definitely risen a helluva lot in my eyes as a result.

I agree. Very smart move to score points with the fanbase. I can't go to DTAC since I'll be working, but I hope those that do have a great time! :dance:

mokulen22
11-29-2005, 11:55 AM
I agree, HobbyStar is really scoring points with con-goers (and lets face it...they kind of need it). It makes them look like they really do care more about the fans then their bottom line.

Kaijugal
11-29-2005, 02:35 PM
:jjacks: To answer questions posed previously, Hobbystar will be accepting ALL Con No Baka passes for the December Anime Event (http://www.hobbystar.com/hobbystar/ConventionsPoster_051204.html).

Cheers!