PDA

View Full Version : Cosplay.com Member Gathering @ Anime LA

Eurobeat King
11-29-2005, 01:39 PM
Hey everyone,

I plan to host a cosplay.com big-group photoshoot at Anime LA 2006. :) This huge gathering of cosplay.com members & non-member cosplayers is free for anyone who wishes to attend. Cosplay,com has hosted these big gathering photoshoots before at cons like AnimeExpo, Animagic, Otakon, Fanimecon, etc. and it would be fun to have one at Anime LA in January.

How it works: Simply show up at the time & place in a costume of your choice (anime, video-game, J-rock/EGL, or original) and when it's time I'll gather everyone up and you'll line up in an orderly fashion together, so that you're not blocking anyone and that everyone can be seen, and then you simply pose for 5-10 minutes until the photographers are done taking pics. ;) This gathering is open to anyone wearing a costume, and you don't neccesarily need to be a member of cosplay.com, so if you have friends who are cosplayers please invite them to join the gathering also.

Here's the proposed information for the gathering:

DAY: Saturday, Janurary 28th
TIME: 2:00pm
LOCATION: The brick-steps in the outdoor courtyard (see picture below)
REQUIREMENTS: Must wear a costume

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=268828

Depending on the weather during that day & time, we may move it inside if it's raining during that time.

Please reply if you plan to make it, and name which costume you'll be wearing if you like. Hope to see everyone there in January!! :skidude2:

Sana-chan
11-29-2005, 02:52 PM
Hopefully I'll be able to make it! Not sure what time our TeniMyUSA show will be so hopefully it won't conflict. It's been a while since there's been a cosplay.com gathering hehe.

Eurobeat King
11-29-2005, 03:13 PM
Sana-chan: The 2:00pm gathering time can be changed, as I don't want it to conflict with other gatherings so that more people can make it to the c.com gathering. Please keep me posted on when your POT show is.

And it HAS been a while since there was a So.CA cosplay.com gathering.. Animagic 2004.. :thumbsup:

Sana-chan
11-29-2005, 03:16 PM
Sana-chan: The 2:00pm gathering time can be changed, as I don't want it to conflict with other gatherings so that more people can make it to the c.com gathering. Please keep me posted on when your POT show is.

And it HAS been a while since there was a So.CA cosplay.com gathering.. Animagic 2004.. :thumbsup:

*excited* I'll definately letcha know when our TeniMyUSA show is! It should be fun!! It's only about 20 minutes or so =) the time and such though is still TBA though T_T, but I'd really, really like to make it to this c.com gathering hehe as well~.

It's really been so long! I can understand though why there really hasn't been many lately, but this'll be enjoyable I'm sure ^^.

Eurobeat King
11-29-2005, 03:26 PM
It's really been so long! I can understand though why there really hasn't been many lately, but this'll be enjoyable I'm sure ^^.

Probably because myself & Admin have been really busy taking general photos and/or photoshoots that neither of us have time to gather the cosplay.com members together for the big-group photoshoot. Animagic this year was pretty hectic for me, and as for AX.. hehe notimewhatsoever at that con. :thumbsup: I think Anime LA 2006 will be a goodcon to mark the return of the cosplay.com gathering to a So.CA con. ;) Just hope for nice weather..

Gainax Boy
11-29-2005, 03:41 PM
Are you sure those small steps will be big enough?

I predict too many people and not enough space.

Eurobeat King
11-29-2005, 03:54 PM
Are you sure those small steps will be big enough?

I predict too many people and not enough space.

I don't want to use the fountain area with the rocks by the bamboo trees because there's a risk that people might fall into the water or *gulp* hit the rocks, and also that grassy area can get muddy and icky, which is NOT good for costumes or white shoes.. :thumbsup:

The steps will work out because there's lots of space around, and we'll have the tallest cosplayers stand in the back, shorter cosplayers stand in front of them, and then there'll be space for cosplayers who wish to kneel or sit on the 2-3 levels of steps. The area for photographers is spacious so I'm sure we'll be able to take pics of the entire group even if there's a lot of cosplayers for the gathering. :)

kabuki_KILLER
11-29-2005, 05:56 PM
I will be there! Woot! **is chipper**

Princess_Zelda
11-29-2005, 06:37 PM
Woo-hoo! See ya there ;) ::thinks of wut to wear on Saturday::

Jaina Solo
11-29-2005, 06:46 PM
Woot-woot, I'll be there in whatever costume I'm wearing that day. I can't wait! :bigtu:

Eurobeat King
11-29-2005, 07:32 PM
Woo-hoo! See ya there ;) ::thinks of wut to wear on Saturday::

I hope you wear your lovely Princess Zelda costume again to ALA 2006. I missed taking pictures of it at Animagic in October so please wear her again so I may take some nice photos! :)

JainaSolo: Glad to hear you'll make it!

Anele
11-29-2005, 09:31 PM
EB, just let me know when you have decided on a time. So far, no one has posted a gathering on the gathering list thread, so as far as time goes, it's open. I'll be looking around other threads though.

Oh, any way you can sticky that thread for me? Much appreciated if you can. ^^

Solaria
11-29-2005, 10:13 PM
I see no reason why I wouldn't be able to be there. I don't know which costume I'll be wearing on which day though.

Cicatrice
11-29-2005, 11:22 PM
I shall be there! ^_^ Yay for ALA!

Captain Gundam
11-29-2005, 11:24 PM
Can the costume be on a non anime show? i read the first post but i wanted to be sure if it counts.

Hazel Chaz
11-29-2005, 11:35 PM
Here's the proposed information for the gathering:

DAY: Saturday, Janurary 28th
TIME: 2:00pm
LOCATION: The brick-steps in the outdoor courtyard (see picture below)
REQUIREMENTS: Must wear a costume

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=268828
Ah, there's a slight problem with that location; we don't have guaranteed use of it this time around. (They might want to book a wedding or some other group into that side of the hotel on the same weekend we're in the big part of the hotel.)

We're moving into the main building, so we've got access to a different set of spots. See http://www.boston-baden.com/hazel/Pix/2005/pix3584.htm for some photos.

Eurobeat King
11-30-2005, 01:50 AM
Ah, there's a slight problem with that location; we don't have guaranteed use of it this time around. (They might want to book a wedding or some other group into that side of the hotel on the same weekend we're in the big part of the hotel.)

We're moving into the main building, so we've got access to a different set of spots. See http://www.boston-baden.com/hazel/Pix/2005/pix3584.htm for some photos.

Let's see if I can get this straight.. So this year AnimeLA will be held in the bigger side of the hotel since last year that side was used by some private event, right? So in 2006 the smaller side (where the dealers' rooms, Karisu-sama's photobooth room, and the room where the masquerade was held) of the hotel AND the outdoor courtyard might be blocked off due to a wedding? Does that also include the rocky area and fountains? (Imagine cosplayers & photographers' reaction when they find out they can't use the rocky area for pictures this year..) :thumbsup: Those areas are among the favorites (and best spots) of the hotel for pictures..

As for your suggestions for alternate locations, the area in the middle of the hotel is too narrow for a gathering as there's lots of tables & chairs there (I took pics of a friend for a photoshoot there.) I think probably we'll have it indoors, and the area outside the MAIN BALLROOM past the hotel registration is spacious enough. I wandered over there in 2005 but didn't take any pictures of it. That's probably the best place if the courtyard will be used on Saturday afternoon.

Hazel Chaz
11-30-2005, 02:17 AM
... Or outside the pool area, that would work too for a big group.

Mind you, if there's nothing going on in the Plaza Tower, the hotel won't mind if you cruise on down there for a photo group. But if they're setting up for an afternoon or evening event, we're out of luck.

Eurobeat King
11-30-2005, 02:38 AM
No worries.. As i said, when the time for the gathering comes, if the original location, the brick-steps area, is free then we'll do our photoshoot there. If it's busy, then I'll simply have everyone head over to the main ballroom past hotel registration and we'll form the gathering there. :)

Eurobeat King
11-30-2005, 07:47 PM
Can the costume be on a non anime show? i read the first post but i wanted to be sure if it counts.

Sure.. The gathering is open to anyone who wears a costume, and non-anime costumes like Star Wars, Harry Potter, X-men, LOTR, etc. are fine. Just simple stuff like wearing normal clothes and putting on a Naruto headband or kitty ears.. umm.. no. :sulk:

Anele: Right now 2:00pm on Saturday is the set-time for the c.com gathering, but if there's any changes to be made, just check here for any updates.

inu-chan00
11-30-2005, 07:52 PM
Oh yeah...
I am.
SO THAAAAAAAAR~~!!

Shiya Wind
11-30-2005, 09:42 PM
I'll definately be there. Can't wait. ^_^

Wyldcat
12-01-2005, 10:31 PM
Good spot for a newbie like me. i will be there... an aged version of Full Metal LOL!

inuashley
12-02-2005, 09:57 AM
I will defintely be there in either my Sakura or Hitsugaya costume

Suzushichan
12-04-2005, 12:06 AM
i'm pretty sure that i'll be there at least saturday.

~suzushi :cool:

HybridTwist
12-04-2005, 01:51 AM
I'll be there, but I'm not sure as to what I'll bring. Still deciding on what I should bring.

Eurobeat King
12-04-2005, 02:59 AM
I'll be there, but I'm not sure as to what I'll bring. Still deciding on what I should bring.

Your Anderson from Hellsing is always good to wear.. ;) His knives make good for doing silly poses if I ask everyone to do a "Silly Pose!" haha I'll leave what you do with those knives up to you.

Neo_Serenity
12-04-2005, 10:05 PM
I'll be there... and I know what I'm wearing, but it will be a su-prise. ^^ As long as the time is set, it won't be difficult to cruise over to where ever it ends up being held.

Kokuu
12-05-2005, 08:06 PM
I'll most likely be there- I'll probably go as Elizabeth Swann from PotC.

Onyx
12-06-2005, 01:31 AM
I'll be there ^^...I just need to figure out what to wear. *excited*

HybridTwist
12-06-2005, 02:45 AM
Your Anderson from Hellsing is always good to wear.. ;) His knives make good for doing silly poses if I ask everyone to do a "Silly Pose!" haha I'll leave what you do with those knives up to you.

Well, I wasn't planning on bringing that costume because my hair won't be bleached...however, I don't think it really matters that much if I don't have bleached hair for him. So I think that I'll bring him than.:bigtu: Just need to fix my blades a bit. :p

Moon Prince
12-07-2005, 02:34 AM
I will be at the con Saturday. I want to make it to the photo! It's always so much fun! I have no idea what costume I'll have on though. Some thing old and classic for me? King. or something that wasn't recognized as much as it would be now? Rip Van Winkle or something new, Hoji or Naoto/Eric.

This con is a week after my $)th birthday, so I want to enjoy myself doing things that many would think I should not be doing. LOL

Eurobeat King
12-12-2005, 01:09 AM
I will be at the con Saturday. I want to make it to the photo! It's always so much fun! I have no idea what costume I'll have on though. Some thing old and classic for me? King. or something that wasn't recognized as much as it would be now? Rip Van Winkle or something new, Hoji or Naoto/Eric.

It's entirely up to you, and I'm sure anything you wear will be fine for the gathering. :) Just glad that you'll be able to make it to the con and the gathering!

Angel Tifa
12-15-2005, 11:51 PM
I'll be there. I don't have any special costumes in mind for this though. Either Tifa, FemCloud, or Aya Brea. Still not sure though.

~Tifa

Michi
12-19-2005, 12:39 AM
If I attend, I'm all for it~ ^^

Rema Suzuki
12-19-2005, 09:43 AM
I'll be there! I hope good photo spots won't be taken, since you guys were talking about that. Hopefully I'll be wearing my Moogle Yuna costume... of course, going to Paris, coming home and having Dad get sick for a week then getting it myself has put a dent in doing it. -.-;; I will try though.

Firestar
12-19-2005, 09:57 PM
so i never went to one of these at the other conventions...
since im going to be there on saturday, ill go to this.
i just have no clue what costume im going to wear.

FlowerOfThCourt
12-19-2005, 10:42 PM
I'm planning on it! :) Not sure what I'll wear though... Hmm, decisions, decisions...

Hazel Chaz
01-09-2006, 01:59 AM
We've scheduled the Mandatory Masquerade Contestant Meeting for 2:00 pm Saturday; what would you say to moving your gathering to 3 o'clock?

YoshidaEri
01-09-2006, 01:59 PM
hopefully I will make it to Anime LA. If I make it I'll DEFINETLY be at this gathering and I will (Hopefully) be wearing my Erika Miyohi(Viyuden) Kaccho Ii Ze costume(need to work on it!)

Pic: http://img242.imageshack.us/my.php?image=erikakaccho19po.jpg

Master Zero
01-09-2006, 02:21 PM
I'm hoping to have the MZ-Type 2 done by then.

Also, Hazel Chaz, where can I read about the Prop. Gun Laws for the state of California. Do you have a link?

Hazel Chaz
01-09-2006, 04:21 PM
I'm hoping to have the MZ-Type 2 done by then.

Also, Hazel Chaz, where can I read about the Prop. Gun Laws for the state of California. Do you have a link?
Gun Laws? I don't know about the legal code; I can tell you that we've got our own Weapons Policy, is that what you're referring to?

Similar to last year -- no projectile weapons or replica weapons (incl. Airsoft), please. Obvious props are okay; big foam gunblades and flintlocks, for example. And don't wave your weapons around.

I just spent a few minutes writing something up, see http://www.animelosangeles.org/bbs/viewtopic.php?t=119 for that. If you have specific questions, go ahead and ask them -- if you like, post a photo or a link to one, of the prop you're considering bringing.

Angel Tifa
01-09-2006, 07:27 PM
Okay I want to get this straight, say if I bring two fake toy guns, but not airsoft. I've read they're not exactly obvious props. So they will have to be covered correct? One of them is color tip, but the other one is orange with black spray paint. They both just make sounds. If I go as Aya Brea, those would be the props for the character. Should I just bring a backpack to cover them?

~Tifa

Hazel Chaz
01-09-2006, 08:17 PM
Okay I want to get this straight, say if I bring two fake toy guns, but not airsoft. I've read they're not exactly obvious props. So they will have to be covered correct? One of them is color tip, but the other one is orange with black spray paint. They both just make sounds. If I go as Aya Brea, those would be the props for the character. Should I just bring a backpack to cover them?

~Tifa
"Covered"? If we're going to consider them as replica projectile weapons, then please leave them home.

Chaz

Eurobeat King
01-09-2006, 08:43 PM
Please keep this thread on-topic, which is discussing the cosplay.com gathering at ALA, and if need-be, please make a new thread (or look for a similar thread) regarding the con's weapons-policy.

HC: I'm busy posting my pictures from Ohayocon. Once I'm done, since ALA is the next con on my schedule, I'll focus on that and figure out a better time for the cosplay.com gathering.

Kokuu
01-11-2006, 03:15 AM
edit: woops, never mind. Already saw Chaz's post

Ami Yuy
01-11-2006, 05:09 AM
Yay! It's been so long!!! XD Glad you're able to get it together! See you all there!

CelestialAurora
01-12-2006, 05:57 PM
i'm really looking forward to this! it would be cool to meet cosplayers that i've seen on cosplay.com.

Youko_Kurama
01-13-2006, 02:47 AM
Well we will see if I will make it to this gathering... I have a little problem with not saying no to people that want pictures, so I am almost always late. *Giggles* Anyway I will sure try.

Oh EBK I will be bringing Angel no matter what. Even if I am blue from being so cold. I might also be bringing one of two new costumes to this con. It will either be Meg or Athena. Not to sure. Well have to see in the next few days on which costume I will be finishing. See you at the con.

Eurobeat King
01-13-2006, 08:42 PM
Oh EBK I will be bringing Angel no matter what. Even if I am blue from being so cold. I might also be bringing one of two new costumes to this con. It will either be Meg or Athena. Not to sure. Well have to see in the next few days on which costume I will be finishing. See you at the con.

Haha Ok, I have your word on it this time, Y_K. ;) I'll besure to find you for pictures and also for your other new costume. Is that Meg from Burst Angel? Yee-haw if it is! :D

Reno_kun
01-14-2006, 06:23 AM
I'll be there either as my infamous Lupin the 3rd or my revised AC Reno aka if I still have my side burns

Eurobeat King
01-15-2006, 02:26 PM
OK, since I don't know how long this mandatory masquerade meeting will take at 2:00pm, and since I also don't want the c.com gathering to conflict with the Naruto gathering at 3:00pm, let's have the cosplay.com member gathering at 4:00pm This way it allows everyone who plans to be in the Naruto gathering and allows enough time to do ALLL those pairs, groups, silly pics, etc.

I'll make sure to remind people throughout the day, so please be there at 4:00pm. The location will be the same, and if the courtyard is taken, then I'll gather everyone and we'll move it to another place for the photoshoot. :)

See you all in 2 weeks!

YoshidaEri
01-15-2006, 02:30 PM
*make note of 4:00pm* I'll be there :)

Anele
01-15-2006, 06:50 PM
I'll make sure to remind people throughout the day, so please be there at 4:00pm. The location will be the same, and if the courtyard is taken, then I'll gather everyone and we'll move it to another place for the photoshoot. :)

See you all in 2 weeks!

Hey EB. :) So are we gathering in the courtyard then (as our main spot)? I changed the time on the gathering list as you had requested, but we still have those two spots listed (I think it was because you wanted a secondary meeting place in case of bad weather or something of the sort). Let me know! I also replied to your post on the list thread as well. :chatah:

Sana-chan
01-15-2006, 07:09 PM
4:00pm is perfecto! Will definately be there ^_^. Oh what to wear what to wear...

Daitenshi
01-15-2006, 11:17 PM
4? I'll be there! =D

Michi
01-15-2006, 11:42 PM
4pm is fine. I'll probably end up being in my Death Note costume, I suppose. :X

FlowerOfThCourt
01-15-2006, 11:46 PM
Saturday at four! Yup yup! :)

Raider3
01-17-2006, 04:32 AM
Time and date noted, working into current schedule. This post will be updated as needed to reflect any status changes. My current costume roster is, as expected, under the ALA 2006 entry in my Convention Planner.

Youko_Kurama
01-17-2006, 04:42 PM
Haha Ok, I have your word on it this time, Y_K. ;) I'll besure to find you for pictures and also for your other new costume. Is that Meg from Burst Angel? Yee-haw if it is! :D

Yep, Meg from Burst Angel.... It looks like I will be going with her and not Athena. So far Meg and Angel are the only costumes I have planed. Not sure which days I will wear them, so you will have to hunt me down to find out.

Eurobeat King
01-20-2006, 10:53 PM
Yep, Meg from Burst Angel.... It looks like I will be going with her and not Athena. So far Meg and Angel are the only costumes I have planed. Not sure which days I will wear them, so you will have to hunt me down to find out.

Sounds good! If you're going to be at the gathering, whichever costume you wear I'll ask you to stay behind after we're done, and we can take some pics then (before is also possible but we all may be pretty busy up to the time of the gathering.) So we'll see. Yay for new costumes! ;)

Angel Tifa
01-20-2006, 11:28 PM
Since I'll be wearing Tifa for the masquerade, I'll wear it to this gathering that way I can keep the costume on all day. So I'll be bringing Tifa for this gathering.

Eurobeat King
01-21-2006, 01:22 PM
Since I'll be wearing Tifa for the masquerade, I'll wear it to this gathering that way I can keep the costume on all day. So I'll be bringing Tifa for this gathering.

Yay for Tifa! Is it the AC Tifa you wore at comic-con? I took a few pictures on the last day but was about to leave.. :lost: So I will take more come ALA Saturday.. since you'll be wearing it for the masqy, there's plenty of time to find you.

stefaniecat
01-21-2006, 02:21 PM
Still haven't decided if we'll be in our Black Mage-White Mage combo Sat. or our Resident Evil set, but my boyfriend and I will be at the gathering.

(And maybe at some point over the weekend I could bother you a few minutes to see your camera setup ^^)

Angel Tifa
01-21-2006, 03:33 PM
Yay for Tifa! Is it the AC Tifa you wore at comic-con? I took a few pictures on the last day but was about to leave.. :lost: So I will take more come ALA Saturday.. since you'll be wearing it for the masqy, there's plenty of time to find you.

It will be the regular Tifa because before I wear my AC Tifa at a con, I want to make some more modifactions. Sorry :(. Plus I made a different skirt(the last one I bought was years ago and doesn't fit me right) I like better than the last one.

~Tifa

Eurobeat King
01-21-2006, 04:47 PM
It will be the regular Tifa because before I wear my AC Tifa at a con, I want to make some more modifactions. Sorry :(. Plus I made a different skirt(the last one I bought was years ago and doesn't fit me right) I like better than the last one.

~Tifa

No, that's fine. :) I'm happy with the pics that I took at SDCC last year, and I don't recall if I took pics of your normal FFVII Tifa, so this would be a good time to take new/more pictures. See you soon!

R.Cutie
01-21-2006, 05:47 PM
Will be there! Hopefully with a friend, but as of yet I'm not sure what costumes we're doing XDDD

Solaria
01-21-2006, 07:58 PM
I'll be there in SeeD Quistis!

Eurobeat King
01-21-2006, 08:04 PM
I'll be there in SeeD Quistis!

Oooo.. that's new, huh, K.? :) Anyone else in your group coming with you to ALA?

Chas
01-21-2006, 08:19 PM
4 o'clock is a-okay! I'll probably be wearing... Gundam SEED stuff! X3

Solaria
01-21-2006, 09:13 PM
Oooo.. that's new, huh, K.? :) Anyone else in your group coming with you to ALA?

Kind of new- I made it a long time ago but revamped it so I could wear it to cons, so you haven't seen it yet.

As for "my group", I'll be there with a bunch of people, but they won't be cosplaying FF8 with me.

Jaina Solo
01-21-2006, 09:44 PM
I'll be there in Twilight Princess Zelda!

Anele
01-22-2006, 11:40 AM
Kind of new- I made it a long time ago but revamped it so I could wear it to cons, so you haven't seen it yet.

As for "my group", I'll be there with a bunch of people, but they won't be cosplaying FF8 with me.

If the gathering wasn't so late on Saturday, I'd still be in my Irvine outfit to coincide with you :lost:. But we are still doing FF8 that morning, right?

firedramage
01-22-2006, 12:40 PM
I will try an make it. This will be my first Cosplay.com gathering. I will be in an State Alchemist miniskirt version (random charater).

Solaria
01-22-2006, 03:07 PM
If the gathering wasn't so late on Saturday, I'd still be in my Irvine outfit to coincide with you :lost:. But we are still doing FF8 that morning, right?

Of course! I just knew you'd be changed by the time of the gathering. ^-^ Don't worry.

Back on topic...

Reno_kun
01-23-2006, 06:25 AM
I'll defentily be doing Reno wether AC reno or FF7 reno not sure but yesh Reno will be there!

Earthbounder
01-23-2006, 10:34 AM
More than likely I'll be there, either as Hughes (FMA) or L (Death Note).

Daosh R
01-23-2006, 09:46 PM
Count me in! I'll be showing up as (a hopefully complete) Gippal from FFX-2!
;-)

FlowerOfThCourt
01-23-2006, 10:55 PM
I'm debating weather to wear Sarah or Rebecca... Hmm...

AngieRikku
01-24-2006, 12:54 AM
I'll be going as Berserker Rikku on Saturday (hopefully it'll be finished). ^_^

Squall
01-24-2006, 01:00 AM
I'll be stopping by just for Saturday, so this works out for me.

Admin
01-24-2006, 01:19 AM
Can I go? :)

Hazel Chaz
01-24-2006, 03:13 AM
I don't see why not. Memberships are $40 at the door for the full weekend, or $20 for just one day. Come on down!
http://www.animelosangeles.org/anime-la/2006/pix/van-nuys.gif

Eurobeat King
01-25-2006, 02:03 AM

That made my evening.. :rofl:

Raider3
01-25-2006, 02:47 AM

Well, I guess that definitely makes us official!

I'm kind of leaning toward bringing out the Porco Rosso costume in time for the photo gathering. (It'll be worth the extra time to get it set up - Makeup is only somewhat more complicated than Black Jack, not counting the latex pig nose.)

Finalizing pack list and costume order as I type...

Eurobeat King
02-01-2006, 02:38 AM
Thanks to everyone who showed up to the cosplay.com member gathering.. or should i say, gatherings?? haha Due to the courtyard closing off for the wedding a little earlier than 4:00pm, those who made it back to the lobby and then outside into the parking-lot made it to the first gathering:

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=578552

And then, right at 4:00pm, Admin comes out and asks me if we're still having the gathering, and I said "we already had it.." :thumbsup: But since a lot of people were still in the lobby and some were asking if we were going to have it, I said "let's have another!" So we had a 2nd gathering shortly afterwards, for cosplayers who either missed the first one or didn't mind being in the 2nd:

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=578626

More pictures of both gatherings can be found in my ALA Saturday gallery, and again, thanks to everyone who made it for one/both, and hope to do it again next year!

Dany
02-01-2006, 09:37 AM
Rats! I would have done the second one, but I had to go off and do judgey-things, so I couldn't stay... :(

inuashley
02-01-2006, 10:00 AM
No:bigcry: The gathering was in the parking lot?! Me and a group of about 15 cosplayers went to the area by the pool and had a mini gathering because someonw told us that the gathering was there. But nothing happened and nobody took any pics:lost:

firedramage
02-01-2006, 11:05 AM
More than likely I'll be there, either as Hughes (FMA) or L (Death Note).

Earthbounder did you go as Hughes?

firedramage
02-01-2006, 11:06 AM
No:bigcry: The gathering was in the parking lot?! Me and a group of about 15 cosplayers went to the area by the pool and had a mini gathering because someonw told us that the gathering was there. But nothing happened and nobody took any pics:lost:

I went out front, then I came back to tell everyone where it was but you guys didn't move.

Earthbounder
02-01-2006, 11:12 AM
Firedramage : Yes, I indeed did go as Hughes. I'm barely noticable though, I was in back (For my height I'm sure). If you look on the right side of the pictures for the meeting I'm in the back, near one of the Naruto cosplayers in the first pic, and near Luffy and Snape in the second, throwing Hughes' "V w/ Thumbs Up" sign.

Hazel Chaz
02-01-2006, 12:16 PM
Thanks to everyone who showed up to the cosplay.com member gathering.. or should i say, gatherings?? haha Due to the courtyard closing off for the wedding a little earlier than 4:00pm, those who made it back to the lobby and then outside into the parking-lot made it to the first gathering:
I tried to tell you that you can't meet in the courtyard at 4:00 because that's when the wedding sets up. That's why the location wasn't listed in the pocket program schedule.

FlowerOfThCourt
02-01-2006, 12:32 PM

Yeah I was out there too. Asking every passerby about the gathering... Most people where in the same boat. *siiigh*

Eurobeat King
02-01-2006, 02:36 PM
I tried to tell you that you can't meet in the courtyard at 4:00 because that's when the wedding sets up. That's why the location wasn't listed in the pocket program schedule.

HC: I wasn't complaining that we couldn't use the courtyard, as I knew that the wedding was coming in at 4pm. Being a fast photographer who knows how to scout out a good alternative-gathering spot, I told as many people as I could to meet outside in the parking-lot for the first gathering, and then we had a 2nd one later on. I was happy with both turn-outs for the cosplay.com gathering(s.)

Karisu-sama
02-01-2006, 02:57 PM
Sadly, "Offishul Doodies" kept me from going to the gatherings.... :bigcry:

Dany
02-01-2006, 03:07 PM
Sadly, "Offishul Doodies" kept me from going to the gatherings.... :bigcry:

*giggle* Wow. I read this and I had to keep myself from giggling...and offering you TP :crylaugh:

Karisu-sama
02-01-2006, 05:19 PM
*giggle* Wow. I read this and I had to keep myself from giggling...and offering you TP :crylaugh:
Inspired by "Moo-chan-speak"... XD XD