PDA

View Full Version : Fushigi Yuugi Cosplay?

Brita_Lee
12-01-2005, 12:02 AM
:bigtu: Hi there!

I'm gonna be making a new Nuriko costume for GCAF 2006, and I was wondering if anyone else plans on doing FY as well. I dressed as Nuriko for 2005, and now I'm making another one (more detailed and lotsa colour).

Lady_Sodina
12-01-2005, 09:22 AM
*laughz* Are we doing this again? I'll bring around Tasuki for maybe the Friday or Sunday, one of the two, since I think I may have a group cosplay planned for the main day (it's been a group of costumes that keeps getting postponed ^^") but I need to check that over, but I'll bring over Tasuki again!! With a better fan... the one I have right now is SO dying >< I'll also fix up the boots issue, cause those definately weren't right ^^" And I'll *try* to remember tama-neko!! ^^" But yeah, if you need Tasuki, he'll be there :D

Brita_Lee
12-01-2005, 10:51 AM
Tee hee! Yay! Its FY gathering 2006! Ta da! I just love FY. But I couldn't buy number 8 at CnB. They had everything BUT 8. They said its only available in a big size or sumthin'.

Lady_Sodina
12-01-2005, 03:52 PM
Yeah, see, they started out with bigger manga books (like, length and height wise) and then after volume 8, they changed to NORMAL manga size, so lately they've been redoing all the first 8 to be the normal manga size. They probably haven't done volume 8 yet, I don't care so much, cause I have the original first 8, then the rest are all the normal manga. Nothing's different on the inside, so I'm cool with that :D Lolz!

Brita_Lee
12-01-2005, 11:54 PM
Yaarg. ^^' I'll have ta put up with the big size cause I really want to read more FY! I'm so behind!!!

Lady_Sodina
12-02-2005, 12:05 PM
LOLZ!! Awwww *^^*

Actually, I may NOT be bringing Tasuki now for GCAF... if time or money allows, I may try to make a Nyan Nyan/Lai Lai costume, or possibly Subaru (ignoring the fact that no one will recognize her ^^") from Fushigi Yuugi *^^* So either way, I'm bringing an FY costume, but there might be a new one *^^* I really want to make one of those two as well, just cause they look so comfy :D That and acting like either for even a day would be so amusing!!

AncientWanderer
12-02-2005, 01:10 PM
NYAN NYAN!! I would LOVE to see that! As long as you don't start randomly undressing people at the con @_@

I want to improve my Chichiri costume anyhow, so yay!! We'll see what happens!

Lady_Sodina
12-02-2005, 08:25 PM
NYAN NYAN!! I would LOVE to see that! As long as you don't start randomly undressing people at the con @_@

I want to improve my Chichiri costume anyhow, so yay!! We'll see what happens!
LOLZ!! Mebbe I will... *laughz* No... if I can't even say that with a straight face, then I'm OBVIOUSLY not going to start stripping people... And man, your avatar definately just got the Time Warp stuck in my head :P

AncientWanderer
12-10-2005, 06:25 PM
LOLZ!! Mebbe I will... *laughz* No... if I can't even say that with a straight face, then I'm OBVIOUSLY not going to start stripping people... And man, your avatar definately just got the Time Warp stuck in my head :P

"I remember doin' the TIME WARP!!" Bahaha! I feel like I'm going to be constantly changing my avatars for my new costumes. Nobody's going to be able to identify me from con to con!

I wish one of my friends was going to be here this July, she would totally have done a Tasuki cosplay! Sadly, she'll be back in B.C. :bigcry: Maybe I can kidnap her and drag her back just for the con! Scandal, scandal all around!

Jeez, I only get in a weird mood when I post to the GCAF board....

Brita_Lee
12-10-2005, 10:02 PM
GCAF brings out the weird in us all! ^__^

Lady_Sodina
12-10-2005, 11:27 PM
Yay weirdness!! *^^* I loves it so... and Ancient- if you keep changing your avi to your latest costume, I'll always know it's you :P bwahaha. Not that that's, you know, a threat or anything, but whatever.

Hee hee, I can't wait for GCAF *^^*

Sakura
01-01-2006, 03:30 PM
My friends and I are planning on wearing our FY costumes there. We'll have Yui, Suboshi, Miaka, and Tamahome.

Lady_Sodina
01-01-2006, 11:02 PM
NICE!! Oh, that's awesome *^^* Man, we'll actually have more than just 3 people for the group this year *laughz*

Brita_Lee
01-01-2006, 11:44 PM
Yay for a three people group last year! Ha ha! ^^ It'll be awesome having more!

*sniff* ;_; I miss Nuriko. Stupid book 8! lol

AncientWanderer
01-02-2006, 01:46 PM
Woot! More people! It'll be great to see a Yui and a Suboshi too. :)

We were rockin' the FY last year, and I love how everybody around us was wondering who the hell we were bwahaha.

Lady_Sodina
01-02-2006, 10:17 PM
*pat pat* It's ok, Brita, it's ok ^^"

And we were SO rockin last year :D Who cares if no one knew who we were? Their loss!! ;)

Brita_Lee
01-02-2006, 11:56 PM
*pat pat* It's ok, Brita, it's ok ^^"

And we were SO rockin last year :D Who cares if no one knew who we were? Their loss!! ;)

Yeah, them young'ens don't know what they're missn'!

Sakura
01-03-2006, 12:07 AM
haha yeah ^_^;;; we made these costumes for Anime North 2003 but ended up not being allowed to go. So they've been sitting in our closets (or in the guy's costume's cases, half-finished because we were gonna do theirs last and then found out we couldn't go) just waiting for a chance to wear them. So it's really awesome that you guys are doing a FY group.

Brita_Lee
01-03-2006, 01:45 AM
Sweet! We'll all hang out and talk FY! ^___^ FY needs love!

Nagii
01-03-2006, 11:33 AM
I just got interested in FY Genbu Kaiden. It would be cool to see people cosplay some of those charas. I would myself if I didn't have cosplay plans already T_T

Brita_Lee
01-03-2006, 11:46 AM
Whee! I've also been reading Genbu Kaiden (as well as the original FY, in which I'm on book 11). I'm up to book two of Kaiden. I have to cosplay someone from there, or I may even cosplay as Suzuno (the Priestess of Byakko) cause she has long hair like me! ^^

AncientWanderer
01-03-2006, 12:50 PM
I haven't read Genbu Kaiden...actually, I'm more in tune with the FY anime than manga, so...must expand my FY horizons!!!

OH OH OH! I think Chea may possibly be back in time for GCAF! If she is, I'm going to convince her to redo her Tasuki cosplay! :D

Lady_Sodina
01-03-2006, 11:34 PM
I've actually been really debating on doing Takiko Okuda. Maybe I'll make GCAF a FY themed weekend for myself... Bring back Tasuki, do Takiko, and maybe a Nyan Nyan/Lai Lai if money permits ^^v I really do want to do Takiko *eventually*, just cause she's pretty cool.

I have all FY available, BWAHAHAHAHA *is such a nerd*

Brita_Lee
01-03-2006, 11:46 PM
I've actually been really debating on doing Takiko Okuda. Maybe I'll make GCAF a FY themed weekend for myself... Bring back Tasuki, do Takiko, and maybe a Nyan Nyan/Lai Lai if money permits ^^v I really do want to do Takiko *eventually*, just cause she's pretty cool.

I have all FY available, BWAHAHAHAHA *is such a nerd*

Yay Takiko! Yay FY nerds! Wai wai wai! Wheee!

FY themed weekend. ^^ Awesomeness. ^^ I've been debating which Nuriko costume I wanna make, the artbook one (pwitty dress) or the costume he died in ^^;. Lada?

AncientWanderer
01-04-2006, 03:22 PM
FY themed weekend. ^^ Awesomeness. ^^ I've been debating which Nuriko costume I wanna make, the artbook one (pwitty dress) or the costume he died in ^^;. Lada?

Oooo tough choice. I like the one he died in, but I also love the dresses....it'll be cool if eventually you have a collection of guy/girl Nuriko costumes. Such variety!

Lady_Sodina
01-04-2006, 11:42 PM
I personally love the arm guards/bracelets Nuriko gets from Taiitsukun. Just in general, I think those things are awesome XD

Brita_Lee
01-04-2006, 11:49 PM
^__^ Yay Tai Yi Jun! Shes so creepy! (sorry, I'm so used to the Chinese names, cause thats what they are in the manga ^^') I may have to do both at one point, but for now, I'll do the death clothing. I'll have to either cut my current Nuriko wig, or buy another one to cut. ^^ HE CHOPPED OFF HIS PRETTY HAAAAIIIR! .>_<. What an upsetting Volume that was. Ha ha ha ha! Kirstin took them to read (volumes 8-11), and I told her shes gonna cry, cause shes a tear factory! :evil:

Lady_Sodina
01-05-2006, 02:25 AM
Lolz, no worries, I'm used to both, but I use the anime names more often than not.

I'd say just get another wig if money allows, just cause then you can always wear any of the costumes.

Brita_Lee
01-05-2006, 01:29 PM
Yeah, I figure tho, if I cut my current wig, I'll get a better LONGER wig for the girly costumes. ^^

Lady_Sodina
01-05-2006, 03:03 PM
Ooooh, good idea! Sounds like plan!

Oh, and Brita- I've been thinking, if you're thinking of doing Suzuno sometime, and you're thinking maybe for GCAF, then I'll definately do Takiko for then as well, cause then we'd have all four of the priestesses there. That'd be SO insane... but so freaking cool!!

Ah man, so many costumes, so little time >< lolz! And money... always a factor too ><

SimiHe
01-05-2006, 06:48 PM
>__________________> @ talk of FY

I am doing a FY cosplay now. Hikitsu. *O*

Brita_Lee
01-05-2006, 11:51 PM
Lady Sodina: WE SO SHOULD! I'll add it to the list! ^^ Suzuno is so cute!

SimiHe: I don't remember who Hikitsu is! ;__; Or maybe I haven't read that part yet...

SimiHe
01-06-2006, 12:09 AM
The bishi with Tomite. A person of Genbu, the ice guy.

Lady_Sodina
01-11-2006, 08:05 PM
SimiHe- Hikitsu! *^^* Oh man, I so can't wait to see that *^^*
Brita- Hee hee, I'll *definately* do Takiko then. Oh, this will be awesome. And oh, I'm so pumped, by doing Takiko, there will actually be a seishi there too *^^* Actually, I'm partially debating on trying to make a little Naname doll too, just cause it'd be cute.

Brita_Lee
01-12-2006, 12:00 AM
Oh! Now I know who Hikitsu is! ^^ Hes wacky. So uber determined...kinda like Ryoga. Hmm...wait...maybe I'm wrong...I thought his name was Chamka? Maybe thats the Chinese name..Gur. Manga can have its downsides. ^^;

Yay! Me and you Sodina! We'll priestess up that convention like its...uh...what year is ancient China? LOL

Lady_Sodina
01-12-2006, 04:53 PM
^^" Brita, Chamka is Tomite. Hikitsu hasn't arrived yet in the Genbu Kaiden, but in the main FY series, he's the guy with the eyepatch (hee hee, pirate ^^")

LOL, I don't remember, but we'll priestess up that con like its ancient china, we'll just leave it like that :P

Sakura
01-12-2006, 05:30 PM
wooo I'm all for priestess-ing it up =D I'll be in my Seiryuu no Miko outfit.

Brita_Lee
01-13-2006, 12:10 AM
Priestess tag! Sodina's IT! >_<

I don't think Suzuno has a priestess outfit, but I look forward to wearing her adorable school uniform. It looks so comfy.

Lady_Sodina
01-17-2006, 11:14 AM
Priestess tag eh? Oh, you're goin' DOWN!! :D

I've seen pics that *may* be Takiko's priestess outfit, but I'm not sure. I may do it, if I feel up to the challenge, if not, I'll just do her normal outfit and prolly pull together a naginata as a prop.

Oooh, btw, I told my friend Angie about the FY gathering at this con, she's considering trying to pull together a Uruki/Limdo/Rimudo (depending on what version of the name you use ;) ) costume. Question- if she's a girl, and she's cosplaying as a guy who can turn INTO a girl, does that count as crossplay? *laughz*

Oh, and it's been decided, we're dragging my friend Krista into this whole thing, and probably going to get her to do Subaru (even if we have to make the costume for her ourselves! Which we'll probably end up doing anyways. But at least then I can make the costume, even if I'm not the one wearing it ^^"). She's got the hair and bust to pull it off, so you should have your own seishi, Brita *^^*

Brita_Lee
01-17-2006, 11:19 AM
Yay! I get a seishi! Hahaha! Yay forcing friends into cosplay! ^^ Make the naginata! Make it! >___< So cool! Aw, yay Limdo! That'd be awesome! ^__^

AncientWanderer
01-18-2006, 10:22 AM
I'm gonna be the only Suzaku now! DAAAA!!! Ah well, multiculturalism all the way!

Brita_Lee
01-18-2006, 11:12 AM
Waah! I'm still doing Nuriko!!! Don't think yer the only one yet Mr. Chichiri man! ;p lol

Lady_Sodina
01-18-2006, 05:21 PM
LOL, I'll still prolly bring Tasuki. Man, I totally need to sort out my costumes for that weekend >< I need to see if my friends are coming, cause we were going to do the Lady Luck costumes from FFX2, but if they're changing their costumes too, then I can change all of mine ^^" I'm doing Takiko, mebbe bringing back Tasuki, mebbe doing Lady Luck Yuna, mebbe doing a Nyan Nyan. *phew* that's a few maybes >< Oh well, we'll see!!!!

Brita_Lee
01-23-2006, 01:00 AM
*sigh* Oh dear, your going to pass out on us at the con, aren't you Sodina? All that lotsa costume makin' and what not. ^^

BTW: Lookie! I changed my avatar to Nuriko! *love* Its quite the change from my usual "shocked self-portrait" I always have goin' on. ^^;

AncientWanderer
01-23-2006, 10:38 AM
So prettah Britt! ^_^ I lurvs that costume!
I'm so excited for GCAF, and we haven't even hit AN season yet! (I r dorkage!)

SimiHe
01-23-2006, 10:42 AM
Eiiiii

I got a wig for my Hikitsu cosplay Nyah and an eyepatch, it's gonna feel so werid wearing it, I am abit worried it'll make my eye go lazy T_T;

Brita_Lee
01-23-2006, 12:03 PM
Yay! Wig and eye-patch! LOL Lazy eyes. ^^; I know who Hikitsu is now. I remember him from the Fushigi Yuugi volume.......*fwip fwip*......9! I had to look through'em. O_o

Lady_Sodina
01-23-2006, 10:22 PM
Sheesh Brita :P Omg, I love your avi though *^^* So cute!! Yay Nuriko!! And I won't pass out... hopefully :P Well, deal is, Tasuki's already made, Takiko's not that hard, and any other costume is a maybe... Man, looking at your icon makes me wanna finally upload my pics I took of my Tasuki costume, I took a bunch extras one night for fun (I have pics of him drinking, and playing with fire... and playing with a sword, that one's definately not safe ><). I took pics of my Gryffindor quidditch robes too and the Amano Ginji vest I made a friend (huzzah femme Ginji!)

Ancient Wanderer- no worries, I r dorkage too :D

SimiHe- that's awesome *^^* Hopefully the patch doesn't affect your eye, but oh man, I can't wait to see that costume *^^*

Brita_Lee
01-23-2006, 11:45 PM
Oooh! Tasuki pics! Me wanna see! Upload them! >.< Do iiit!

Brita_Lee
03-24-2006, 11:42 AM
You still ain't uploaded 'em? ^^ Tee hee

As Sodina already knows, I now have up to volume 17 of Fushigi Yugi! ^^ I loves it and I loves Nuriko!

Lady_Sodina
03-24-2006, 07:17 PM
See :P I told you not all was lost. And they're uploaded... I just haven't shown you yet :P

Brita_Lee
03-27-2006, 01:25 PM
He prayed for himself! >___< Jeeez hes so awesome! (I don't know if that particular scene happened in the anime or not, but the manga...lmao).