PDA

View Full Version : End of the Year Cosplay Party This Saturday

deanimefan
12-01-2005, 03:01 AM
Hello,
The DC Anime Club invites you to their End of The Year Cosplay Party this Saturday Dec 3, 2005 12pm-8:30pm at Anime FX.

Event: DC Anime Club and Anime FX Cosplay Party

Location/Address:
6710A Springfield Mall
Springfield, VA 22150-1703
http://www.animefxdvd.com

Nearest Subway Station: Franconia Springfiled Mall Station.

Date: December 03, 2005

Time: 12pm - 8:30pm

Cost: $10 Admission Fee

Details:

Both the DC Anime Club and Anime FX will be hosting "The End of the Year Cosplay Party". There will be a $10 admission fee, but will include the following:

Video Gaming
20% Discount off all purchases at Anime FX

Their Will be an Cosplay Contest with a $5 Entry Fee and will start at 6pm.

Sorry to say but their will not be a Video Game Tournament.

For more information at the DC Anime Club's website:
http://dcanime.umd.edu/events/yearend.html

Hope to see you there.

aku
12-01-2005, 10:18 AM
Jeeeez, that's really....REALLY short on time. Would people be allowed to attend even if they don't cosplay?

Bagu
12-01-2005, 11:12 AM
It doesn't look too attractive.
$10 to get into the door. $5 to enter the cosplay contest.

There has to be a better way for the DCAnime club to raise money for itself. Lots of fundraising activities I can think of (though doing in summer might be the best time, and not now when people are spending all their cash during the holidays.)

deanimefan
12-02-2005, 02:21 PM
I'm pretty sure people who aren't cosplaying are allowed. After all, the money paid is to use the gaming lounge all day and to have access to the viewing area even tho you're not an AFX member. In addition, you get 20% off your purchases that day if you participate. I think it's a good deal. For more info, I suggest you call the store or the DC Anime Club president.

animepimp
12-02-2005, 02:28 PM
On behalf of DC Anime Club we apologies for the short notice about The End of the Year Cosplay Party.

To Answer your question aku,
If people do not want to cosplay than we have other activities that attendees of The End of the Year Cosplay Party can enjoy.
If people want to Cosplay for the heck of it at the Cosplay Party then they are welcome to do so.

Originaly this event was going to be just for DC Anime Club but we decided to make this event open to the public since we figured this would be more fun with more people attending. So consider this an invitation to our event.

Bagu your right about the event being during the holidays and all but due to the many events that we pull off in one year(especially for this year) let alone one month, December was the only time we had to do this event.
Also Bagu we really want to know what your ideas are for Fund raising. So if you could send your ideas to the following e-mail that would be cool and greatly appreciated:
animepimpforever@yahoo.com

We are always open to new ideas. :)

Bagu
12-02-2005, 05:00 PM
Well granted selling cookies at the supermarket would probably be a lame idea, but I also see lots of schools and clubs do car washes in the summer.