PDA

View Full Version : Chii help!

Mew Berry
12-04-2005, 06:37 PM
I have given up on Kazuki, and since I am getting Berry's costume commisioned, I decided to make one that's relatively easy since I can buy the ears online.

I'm talking about Chii from Chobits, of course, and I wanted to do the easiest outfit possible - the one where Hideki first finds her nad she had all of the stuff wrapped around her. Does anyone know the best material to use? Since I definitely need something that's going to stay in place, and I can't think of anything that wouldn't be un-comfortable. :sulk:

Tenebrae
12-05-2005, 01:50 PM
Easy to fall out of, maybe...
I would probably think of a couple ways of doing it.
One would be having an undercoverage of some sort - maybe like a flesh-toned bodysuit or even a flesh-toned swimsuit with a few strategically-placed bandages actually attached to it.
Another would be to make the bulk of your wrappings out of some of the same self-sticking wraps they use on the ankles of race horses. You should be able to find that from a veterinary supply store.
I just saw a pic of another girl here on cosplay.com with the note that she'd never wear that outfit at a con and would only do it for photoshoots because of perverts (remembers her own traumatized youth where she wore a bikini to school for Hawaiian Day and didn't think to KNOT the string...).
I think the easier outfit would be the oversized jeans and t-shirt one, actually. ;)

-Tenebrae.

ll blackat ll
12-05-2005, 05:01 PM
I must agree with Tenebrae. I defienently wouldn't use any light weight fabric. You certainly don't want to fall out of anything at a con with a bunch of guys (that are into anime *cough*) around you. T.T It definently would be your most memorable, lets not forget embarrasing, moment in cosplay history.

Shival
12-06-2005, 10:47 AM
IN whatever costume done, Chii is always adorable. ^_^ So no worries. Though, yeah, the overly baggy jeans and huge shirt would probably be best unless you can get some kinna wrapping to cover the bits. ^_^;; Unless you want guys like me drooling all over the place.... :cough: >.>;;;

Jaina Solo
12-06-2005, 01:43 PM
Double-sided tape is a GODSEND.