PDA

View Full Version : Naruto Movie Outfits - Sakura

katringa
12-04-2005, 07:18 PM
Today I finished reading the manga of the naruto Snow Princess movie, and I'm in love with Sakura's snow costume! Has anyone else made this outfit? I couldn't find anyone who had.

I put together a bunch of images from the manga, you can see them here: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v684/katringa/sakurasnowoutfit.jpg

On the very right I have my colour swatches: Shirt, dress (I'll make it in red I think), gloves, cape, stripes on cape, inside of cape.

When I first saw this costume, I thought it would be a good chance to made a double-costume: make Sakura's normal dress, then make the second top to go over it. But as you can see in the pictures, the second top is like a vest, while her normal dress has arms (piccy in the bottom-right corner)

So if I were to make them both, I'd have to make the arms on her dress removable. That's probably what I'll do ^^

I LOVE those gloves! x3 I'll probably make them first and wear them all the time :P

I *think* she is just wearing black shoes/boots with those long pink covers overtop.. it's hard to tell.

As for the cape, it looks like the hood is a seperate piece that just lies around the collar. I'm going to need a REALLY LONG silver zipper, or just make the top have zipper-able and the rest open.. *shrugs*

I want to hear your oppinions ^_^ Do you think it sounds like a good idea? Do you like the costume? Have you seen the movie? I'm downloading it right now, it's at 29.1% :D *excited*

If you would like to read the movie, you can do so here: http://groups.msn.com/NarutoMangaReturns/narutoanimanga.msnw ^o^

Adara
12-04-2005, 07:39 PM
She actually has two different versions of her normal dress--one with arms and one without. ^^
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v137/youtoansweryou/cosplay/sakura1.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v137/youtoansweryou/cosplay/sakurasleeveless.jpg

So you could just make the sleeveless version of her dress and not have to deal with making the arms removable.

I LOVE their movie costumes! Eventually I'm going to make Sakura's as well. ^_^

katringa
12-04-2005, 07:52 PM
Ooh!! That's awesome, thanks so much :) That's what I'll do then ^_^

Yaay, I'm glad someone else is making it too :D Can't wait to see! Be sure to post progress pics :3 I will too! Probably won't get much done before Christmas though, sadly x3

katringa
12-04-2005, 08:13 PM
Ah, did some searching and just found this piccy:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v684/katringa/001.gif

That shows the whole costume without cape perfectly ^^ The shows appear to be regular ninja sandals, but I can't see their toes.. Maybe they're wearing blue socks? o.O

Adara
12-04-2005, 08:47 PM
Ah, did some searching and just found this piccy:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v684/katringa/001.gif

That shows the whole costume without cape perfectly ^^ The shows appear to be regular ninja sandals, but I can't see their toes.. Maybe they're wearing blue socks? o.O

Hm.. I just checked and took some screenshots, it looks like they're completely different shoes. o.O Some kind of boot with straps and stuff..

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v137/youtoansweryou/cosplay/snowshoes.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v137/youtoansweryou/cosplay/snowshoes21.jpg (this one is lightened, the shot was way too dark..)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v137/youtoansweryou/cosplay/snowshoes3.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v137/youtoansweryou/cosplay/snowshoes4.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v137/youtoansweryou/cosplay/snowshoes61.jpg (this one's lightened too ^^)

Hm.. the shoes look like they'll be a pain x_X

I don't think I'll be doing the movie version for a while, maybe not even until late spring/summer.. or at least not until I get the costumes (which includes the sleeveless dress I'll be using, so I guess that could count as progress? :p) that I already have planned for this year done. And so far I haven't done too much on any of them. :thumbsup: I'd love to see progess on yours as well! ^^

katringa
12-04-2005, 09:10 PM
Darn, you're right, those shoes look evil :P Maybe some slip-on runners spraypainted dark blue, with that painter's tape stuff wrapped around the middle? And then just add on the ankle cuff-esque thingy.

If all else fails, I'll just wear my ninja sandals with socks xD Cause I'm lame like that. I'm usually quite a perfectionist when it comes to cosplaying actually, but I just love naruto sandals x3

Thanks again for the ref pics, I'll add those to my folder :D

You know those little tan-coloured pouches that all the ninjas seem to wear on their backs? http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v137/youtoansweryou/cosplay/sakurasleeveless.jpg Sakura's supposed to have one with her movie costume, but I don't think I'll make it - I think it would look wierd with my cape over top, and would probably make it hard to sit in a chair :P

What do they KEEP in there anyways? The leg pouch is for kunai, are the shuriken in the waste-pouch? I don't think I've ever seen a ninja pulling anything out of there o.O

Adara
12-04-2005, 09:22 PM
Yeah, that's where they have shuriken and scrolls, I think. In the episode where Shikamaru's team is leaving to go find Sasuke, they check their pouches and you can see what Naruto has in his.

I'm sure nobody would notice/care if you didn't have the shoes perfectly right.. I don't really want to make them either XD If you're just wearing the normal Naruto sandals I think it'll look fine. ^_^

katringa
12-04-2005, 09:32 PM
Ah, okay I see ^_^ It's crazy, but this could even be morphed into a 3-in-1 costume - If you make the sleeveless dress into two pieces that attach (at the end of the zipper), you could use it as Time Jump Sakura's top xD That's tempting, cause I love her Time Jump outfit as well :P But only if I can find a nice way to attach the top and bottom without making it too noticeable.. >_> <_< I'll have to think about that one ^_^

Tohma
12-04-2005, 09:46 PM
Hurray for more movie ninjas ^_^ My friends and I just did an entire Team 7 movie version for this years Nekocon. I have pictures in my gallery under Nekocon 2005 if you want to see us. I'm the Sasuke in the pictures.

Good luck with your costume and can't wait to see it ^_^

SailorKagome
12-04-2005, 09:52 PM
Oh, yay! :D I <3 Sakura's movie outfit, as well. The movie was fun, but I think they got some poor, illiterate kid to type up the subs, cos they suck. 'S why I had to download it...

Anyway, I am also (eventually) going to make her movie costume. Prolly after I re-make her timejump one. And make her first one, too.... XD She's my favourite female character- could you tell?

As for the pouch- my friend bought both that tan one, and the leg ones from ebay (or something) for Nekocon '05, and they're great. Very professional. Judging from hers, I don't think it would make your cape look akward, unless you stuck something very bulgy in it. It's a very flat pouch.

Anywho, kudos to you for making it, and I can't wait to see how it comes out!

katringa
12-04-2005, 09:56 PM
Thanks!! :D

GREAT job on all your movie costumes!! You guys ALL had the best wigs O_O Nice!! :bigtu:

katringa
12-04-2005, 10:03 PM
And I used to be a Sakura-hater, too xD But darn, she gets AWESOME. Took them long enough :P She's definitly my fave chara too now :D

Ahh okay, I may rethink my plans about that pouch ;P Thanks for the info! ^o^

Now, this may seem like a rather stupid question, but what's the best material to make Sakura's dress out of? I always pictured it as red silk-y like, but thats definitly not an option for me :P

I have a truckload of red broadcloth upstairs - I was afraid it would be too thin and not lay down right, but I actually think it might be okay. What did you use?

SailorKagome
12-04-2005, 10:21 PM
And I used to be a Sakura-hater, too xD But darn, she gets AWESOME. Took them long enough :P She's definitly my fave chara too now :D

Now, this may seem like a rather stupid question, but what's the best material to make Sakura's dress out of? I always pictured it as red silk-y like, but thats definitly not an option for me :P

I have a truckload of red broadcloth upstairs - I was afraid it would be too thin and not lay down right, but I actually think it might be okay. What did you use?

I'm not sure if I used broadcloth or not, but I can say that it's okay to use. I bought broadcloth for my shoes (which I ran out of time for), and it's very similiar to, if not the same, as the fabric I used. And, yes- silk is probably not the best way to go. It's expensive and not conventional for a ninja XD (However, I WILL be making her cool artbook kimono out of silk!)

If you want, I can tell you what pattern I used. ^_^

And-yeah! Sakura got awesome! :D

katringa
12-04-2005, 10:26 PM
I was actually JUST looking at pictures of somebody who made the artbook-kimono, are you make the one with the arms in pieces that are strung together? It's REALLY pretty :D That'll be beautiful in silk ^o^

Ooh, that would be awesome!! I was just gonna wing it with the pattern xD Thanks so much!! ^_^

SailorKagome
12-04-2005, 10:41 PM
I was actually JUST looking at pictures of somebody who made the artbook-kimono, are you make the one with the arms in pieces that are strung together? It's REALLY pretty :D That'll be beautiful in silk ^o^

Ooh, that would be awesome!! I was just gonna wing it with the pattern xD Thanks so much!! ^_^

Yup, that's the one I'm making! :D Thanks!

I used NewLook 6405. ^_^ I used C.

katringa
12-04-2005, 10:48 PM
Ah, thanks so much! :3 Although I don't have the slightest clue what that is xDD; I'm presuming its one of those little packages with the patterns inside? We have those here ^o^ I'll have to look for it next time I stop at the fabric store :D

Adara
12-04-2005, 10:48 PM

NOOOOOOOO DON'T USE SILKY STUFF. :O

Haha, sorry. Every time I've seen someone make Sakura's outfit out of something shiny (i.e. satin), it just.. looks.. no. Bad. There's nothing that shows the material to be shiny at all. Besides, she's a ninja--and how many ninjas have you seen running around in pretty shiny clothes? :p

I'm using broadcloth too. I would have preferred to use a better quality material, but I couldn't find any in an accurate color. And lining it will probably help with the thin-ness. ^^

XD I used to hate Sakura, too!! But now that she can kick butt, I love her. ^_^;

katringa
12-04-2005, 10:55 PM
Hahaha, yes :P Okay, no silk for me ;) Thanks for the warning xD

Yesssss, broadcloth is my friend. I make everything out of it! Almost :P I've got some of that iron-on lining stuff, I'll keep that on hand incase I need it :D

Yeah, she's definitly a great character now, in my oppinion ^o^ She definitly kicked Sasori's butt!! He was scary O.o Ahh, offtopic ;P

SailorKagome
12-04-2005, 10:59 PM
Ah, thanks so much! :3 Although I don't have the slightest clue what that is xDD; I'm presuming its one of those little packages with the patterns inside? We have those here ^o^ I'll have to look for it next time I stop at the fabric store :D

Yup. ^_^ I got it from JoAnn's.

katringa
12-04-2005, 10:59 PM
Ooh okay, great!! ^_^ Thanks tons *hug* ^^

SailorKagome
12-04-2005, 11:04 PM
Ooh okay, great!! ^_^ Thanks tons *hug* ^^

You're welcome! :D Ooo, PM me when you finish. I can't wait to see it!!

katringa
12-04-2005, 11:08 PM
Yoshi! If I can remember xD Be sure to PM me when you're done, too! :D

SailorKagome
12-04-2005, 11:11 PM
Yoshi! If I can remember xD Be sure to PM me when you're done, too! :D

Oh, I will! :D

Oooh! I am also making two Sakura Akatsuki costumes! :D (Couldn't decide which I liked best....) I will be making *those* out of silk, as well. I just think it deserves to be shiny. XD

*goes to add katringa to buddy list*

katringa
12-04-2005, 11:17 PM
I was wondering if there were buddy lists on here! :P Yaaay! :D

Ooooh, those Akatsuki cloak/jacket/cape things just ROCK. I love them!! Not to mention those hats, those are just the best xD What are the two costumes like? :D

Chibi-kun
12-04-2005, 11:19 PM
XDD lol, if sakura gets to have an akatsuki dress then I demand hinata gets one lol.

I planned to make a snj akatsuki outfit for hinata or just as a random character XD but i think its more interesting to put on my hinata contacts and parade around wearing it o_Oll

SailorKagome
12-04-2005, 11:24 PM
Chibi-kun-I'm making a Hinata Akatsuki, too :D Eventually. XD

Katringa-Hmm... They're a bit hard to describe, so I'll scan in my sketches of them tomorrow, and PM you. ^_^ (I'd do it tonight, but the printer/scanner makes lots of noise, and my mom is a light sleeper. Plus, I'm supposed to be writing my Psy paper....)

katringa
12-04-2005, 11:25 PM

Katringa-Hmm... They're a bit hard to describe, so I'll scan in my sketches of them tomorrow, and PM you. ^_^ (I'd do it tonight, but the printer/scanner makes lots of noise, and my mom is a light sleeper. Plus, I'm supposed to be writing my Psy paper....)

Great!! ^o^ I should be getting to bed now anyways, if I ever want to wake up in the morning. Thanks for all the help, and talk to you tomorow!! :D

SailorKagome
12-04-2005, 11:27 PM
Great!! ^o^ I should be getting to bed now anyways, if I ever want to wake up in the morning. Thanks for all the help, and talk to you tomorow!! :D

Bye! ^_^

*also goes to bed cos she has French in the morning.*

Chibi-kun
12-05-2005, 12:36 AM

yay! atleast i know there are people who support that idea. XDD that way i know not everyone will be throwing tomatoes at me :thumbsup:

the costume i have planned is pretty..uh..revealing:thumbsup:

katringa
12-05-2005, 06:54 PM
yay! atleast i know there are people who support that idea. XDD that way i know not everyone will be throwing tomatoes at me :thumbsup:

the costume i have planned is pretty..uh..revealing:thumbsup:

Revealing? xD Poor Hinata-chan :P

Well, I just finished watching the movie, and it was AWESOME ^__^ Didn't learn too much more about the costume though, but I can hopefully get some good screenshots ^^

SailorKagome
12-05-2005, 11:30 PM
lol, well, two of mine are slightly revealing, too :D

And, actually, now I have THREE versions... *sigh* This is going to cost a bundle.

The pictures of my costume designs aren't the best, but they were just quick sketches....

http://members.cox.net/tiphanychipman/sakura_akatsuki.jpg

Tell me what you think!

Chibi-kun
12-05-2005, 11:37 PM

And, actually, now I have THREE versions... *sigh* This is going to cost a bundle.

The pictures of my costume designs aren't the best, but they were just quick sketches....

Tell me what you think!

dude...most of my sketches are pretty similar to those :thumbsup:
especially for the first one. my top and skirt is alittle different but it has the same idea :thumbsup: cept mine has more skin than net x_Xll

SailorKagome
12-05-2005, 11:44 PM
dude...most of my sketches are pretty similar to those :thumbsup:
especially for the first one. my top and skirt is alittle different but it has the same idea :thumbsup: cept mine has more skin than net x_Xll

Great minds think alike?

Chibi-kun
12-05-2005, 11:46 PM
Great minds think alike?

could be :bigtu:

Revealing? xD Poor Hinata-chan :P

Well, I just finished watching the movie, and it was AWESOME ^__^ Didn't learn too much more about the costume though, but I can hopefully get some good screenshots ^^

yes, I am killing Hinata's image XDDDD but for once, im thankfull for being a girl XDDD one of my few costumes that I will not be crossplaying.

katringa
12-06-2005, 05:51 PM

Tell me what you think!

Oooh, I love them all! :D I *think* my favourite of all is the last one though, long sleeves just rock and it looks really pretty x3 BUT, if you were going to make the regular akatsuki cloak-thing aswell, then I think the first one would be best :D But as I say, I definitly love all three ^_^

I've planned on making Naruto's cute sleep cap - http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v139/fishaintbitin/reference/sleepingcap.jpg I think it's adorable, and I should be able to make one with a santa hat pattern - I'd just need some dark grey fleece ^^ I would SO sleep with this on if I made it.. it'll probably be wrecked when I wake up though :P

Wheee, so much to do, I don't know what to do first xD Probably make that hat. I also wanna make Naruto's little froggy change-purse.. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v684/katringa/Naruto_c156_p16.jpg ^o^

Chibi-kun
12-06-2005, 05:55 PM
ooooh i have narutos sleeping cap XD i just need to make myself narutos pjs and i could cosplay as it XD

katringa
12-06-2005, 08:21 PM
ooooh i have narutos sleeping cap XD i just need to make myself narutos pjs and i could cosplay as it XD

Ahhh that's so awesome xD Did you make it? Buy it? I saw some photos of people cosplaying PJ naruto, it was so cute!! I'll probably make it one day too, but for now I sleep in my Sasuke-shirt pajamas xD

Chibi-kun
12-06-2005, 10:00 PM
i have dark hair and style my hair like sasuke's everday XD so i guess that should count as sasuke pjs. but i really want to make akatsuki pjs to prance around AX XDDDD at night.

and my akatsuki swim suit aka board shorts and top for summerXDDD

Adara
12-06-2005, 10:18 PM
i have dark hair and style my hair like sasuke's everday XD so i guess that should count as sasuke pjs. but i really want to make akatsuki pjs to prance around AX XDDDD at night.

Hahaha, I'm planning on making Akatsuki pajamas, too! XD Actually, at first I had the idea to do Uchiha pajamas with little fans all over, which I'm still doing, but then I was like.. hmm, Akatsuki.. >_>

Anyway, this is getting really off-topic..... o_o *makes a sad attempt at bringing it back on topic*

What fabric do you guys think their cloaks should be made out of? I mean, realistically I know it would be made out of something thick, but summer cons + thick cloaks tend to mix badly.. X.x

SailorKagome
12-06-2005, 10:26 PM
Oooh, I love them all! :D I *think* my favourite of all is the last one though, long sleeves just rock and it looks really pretty x3 BUT, if you were going to make the regular akatsuki cloak-thing aswell, then I think the first one would be best :D But as I say, I definitly love all three ^_^

I've planned on making Naruto's cute sleep cap - http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v139/fishaintbitin/reference/sleepingcap.jpg I think it's adorable, and I should be able to make one with a santa hat pattern - I'd just need some dark grey fleece ^^ I would SO sleep with this on if I made it.. it'll probably be wrecked when I wake up though :P

Wheee, so much to do, I don't know what to do first xD Probably make that hat. I also wanna make Naruto's little froggy change-purse.. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v684/katringa/Naruto_c156_p16.jpg ^o^

I have his sleeping cap, too. ^_^ SO CUTE. But I bought it.. And it's way too small, so I'm just going to make my own.

Ah! Fleece! Thank you! For the life of me, I could not remember that fabric name. -_-

And, thanks! ^_^ lol, actually, I was going to make the cloak for the first two. ^_^ Dunno out of what, though. Definately not silk. I'm already using WAY too much of that. Something soft, I think....

Ohh~~ I want to make Akatsuki swimsuit and pajamas. SO cute. ^_^

katringa
12-07-2005, 11:36 AM

xDD Ahhh, luckyyy :P Mah hair is BLONDE, so.. un-Sasuke like! *dies* and long xD Best I can accomplish with it is Rikku from FFX-2 :P

Oh man, I saw one person with an Uchiha bikini.. that was just so great xD If I can find myself a dark blue swimsuit... oh the awesomeness!! *plots* I gotta watch the Naruto movie intro now, brbb :D

katringa
12-07-2005, 11:43 AM
Hahaha, I'm planning on making Akatsuki pajamas, too! XD Actually, at first I had the idea to do Uchiha pajamas with little fans all over, which I'm still doing, but then I was like.. hmm, Akatsuki.. >_>

Anyway, this is getting really off-topic..... o_o *makes a sad attempt at bringing it back on topic*

What fabric do you guys think their cloaks should be made out of? I mean, realistically I know it would be made out of something thick, but summer cons + thick cloaks tend to mix badly.. X.x

Hmmm... well about the cloaks, I was planning of making them with a fairly warm material so I actually COULD wear it out in the snow and be warm :D Then if I wanted to wear the costume to a summer con, I could always just leave the cloak off that day, or wear it at night.. that's my plan I think :P Hopefully the colour won't be too hard to find ^_^

Hehee, don't worry too much about off-topicness, I do want to hear about all the awesome costumes people are making :3

I'm slooowly putting together a list of things I can throw those Uchiha fans onto... socks? gloves? hats?? necklaces? Oooh, earrings, I'm definitly going to make those one day :P I actually have a real FAN that looks almost like it, but the red part has a big black kanji character over it and white swirly things >_> It's pretty nice though :P

katringa
12-07-2005, 11:49 AM
I have his sleeping cap, too. ^_^ SO CUTE. But I bought it.. And it's way too small, so I'm just going to make my own.

Ah! Fleece! Thank you! For the life of me, I could not remember that fabric name. -_-

And, thanks! ^_^ lol, actually, I was going to make the cloak for the first two. ^_^ Dunno out of what, though. Definately not silk. I'm already using WAY too much of that. Something soft, I think....

Ohh~~ I want to make Akatsuki swimsuit and pajamas. SO cute. ^_^

Did you get it from that genkigang website? Their hats ROCK!!, but so expensive T_T Omg I want every one of those hats! :P Plus I'm in Canada, so shipping costs even more, gah.

Yesss, fleece is my friend :) So soft and perfect for hats! Also pretty expensive, but my gramma has this membership-card thingy that gets you 40% off, so it ends up being really cheap :P And then I start going crazy and want to buy all the fabric in the store. It's all so temptinggg. Look what cosplay has done to me xDD

If all else fails.. broadcloth!! :D Cheap, versatile, and comes in almost every colour! Frays like CRAZY though, but that's what seams are for anyways :P Good stuff :bigtu:

Edit: I suddenly realized I could have put all those into one post xD But I'm not sure how to quote more than once in a post anyways. I'm more or less new here ^^;

SailorKagome
12-07-2005, 12:23 PM
Did you get it from that genkigang website? Their hats ROCK!!, but so expensive T_T Omg I want every one of those hats! :P Plus I'm in Canada, so shipping costs even more, gah.

Yesss, fleece is my friend :) So soft and perfect for hats! Also pretty expensive, but my gramma has this membership-card thingy that gets you 40% off, so it ends up being really cheap :P And then I start going crazy and want to buy all the fabric in the store. It's all so temptinggg. Look what cosplay has done to me xDD

If all else fails.. broadcloth!! :D Cheap, versatile, and comes in almost every colour! Frays like CRAZY though, but that's what seams are for anyways :P Good stuff :bigtu:

Edit: I suddenly realized I could have put all those into one post xD But I'm not sure how to quote more than once in a post anyways. I'm more or less new here ^^;

I actually got it from Nekocon, but it's like... a kid's hat. So I have to make one. But, yeah! I love those genkigang hats! I want them, too.

If anyone has an idea of what to use for the Akatsuki cloaks.... Do tell.

lol, I don't know how to quote more than one, either....

Ami Yuy
12-07-2005, 12:25 PM
For Sakura's regular dress, we already talked a lot about it in this thread (http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=67088&page=3) (links to the page where I talked about how I did it).

For the winter outfit...

I already have the fabric and everything for the top and a wig that I need to adjust a bit more.

Soyo and I are going to be doing Sasuke and Sakura together, but we're not sure yet if we're doing the cloaks because of a) money (cloaks take a LOT of fabric) and b) we can't find enough of the fabric we want.

The color for the cloak is a pain because of how it's yellowish-tannish and that's not an easy one to find.

And what's with Sakura's winter color scheme that she has going on? I'm sorry, the shirt does not match with either her hair color or her red dress... It was so painful to buy, lol, cause it's just gonna not match so much. ^^;;

The shoes look to be a nightmare, but I'm thinking of taking boots and painting them blue and adding the straps or something. Provided they're cheap. ^^;; The ninja sandals have already been an enormous pain for her regular outfit, but I think it would look silly to be in the winter outfit and be wearing sandals. ^^;;

katringa
12-07-2005, 12:42 PM
For Sakura's regular dress, we already talked a lot about it in this thread (http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=67088&page=3) (links to the page where I talked about how I did it).

For the winter outfit...

I already have the fabric and everything for the top and a wig that I need to adjust a bit more.

Soyo and I are going to be doing Sasuke and Sakura together, but we're not sure yet if we're doing the cloaks because of a) money (cloaks take a LOT of fabric) and b) we can't find enough of the fabric we want.

The color for the cloak is a pain because of how it's yellowish-tannish and that's not an easy one to find.

And what's with Sakura's winter color scheme that she has going on? I'm sorry, the shirt does not match with either her hair color or her red dress... It was so painful to buy, lol, cause it's just gonna not match so much. ^^;;

The shoes look to be a nightmare, but I'm thinking of taking boots and painting them blue and adding the straps or something. Provided they're cheap. ^^;; The ninja sandals have already been an enormous pain for her regular outfit, but I think it would look silly to be in the winter outfit and be wearing sandals. ^^;;

Ahh, thanks so much!! That will be very helpful, and GREAT job on the costume btw :D

Gah, her colours are crazy xD Her dress, shirt, hair and gloves are ALL different colours, its insane.

I'm hoping I'll get lucky with being able to find the colours, so far I've had amazing luck (even finding perfect gradients and materials), and the fabric store we have is absolutely HUGE.

I'm taking note of all the pattern suggestions you guys have made, I've never actually used a store-bought pattern to make a costume x3 Thanks to everyone who helped out! *hug*

SailorKagome
12-07-2005, 09:48 PM
This is off-topic (kinda), but I just designed my Akatsuki bathing suit! :D

And, katringa (and anyone else), if you have AIM, you can IM me at AnimeHicky. XD Don't ask.... It was late...

Chibi-kun
12-07-2005, 09:54 PM
i have cloth sitting around for my movie sasuke, im so lazy XD and my sharingans are well on their way on the mail to me. :3

ill be working on my akatsuki swim suit ASAP intime for spring/summer XD
the awesome thing is, my friends board is red which i plan to steal XDD

SailorKagome
12-07-2005, 10:19 PM
i have cloth sitting around for my movie sasuke, im so lazy XD and my sharingans are well on their way on the mail to me. :3

ill be working on my akatsuki swim suit ASAP intime for spring/summer XD
the awesome thing is, my friends board is red which i plan to steal XDD

XD lol, awesome! Matching board. :D

yeah, I'll also be working on mine for summer. :D

Chibi-kun
12-07-2005, 10:25 PM
once i get any better on the board i can ask for an akatsuki board XDDD roflmao
im such an akatsuki whore XDDDD

dont even get me started about my new winter stuff for next year XDD
right now, i have abunch of ideas for spring/summer akatsuki.

now if only i can talk my friend into letting me massacre an akatsuki cloak for my prom dress XDD

SailorKagome
12-07-2005, 10:29 PM
now if only i can talk my friend into letting me massacre an akatsuki cloak for my prom dress XDD

O_O omg. That would be AWESOME. Wow. Good luck!

Hah! We can be Akatsuki whores together! XD

Chibi-kun
12-07-2005, 10:40 PM
yes! i love akatsuki whores! XDDD

we need to do a whole akatsuki whore gathering at a con XD i have a bunch of ideas for it. speaking of sasuke swim suits, i have one already XD
well, it looks close to it but i need to some customizing. namely changing the trims from green to white and add the uchiwa.
got the pants and everything XD

but i rather have my akatsuki one XDDD

SailorKagome
12-07-2005, 10:56 PM
yes! i love akatsuki whores! XDDD

we need to do a whole akatsuki whore gathering at a con XD i have a bunch of ideas for it. speaking of sasuke swim suits, i have one already XD
well, it looks close to it but i need to some customizing. namely changing the trims from green to white and add the uchiwa.
got the pants and everything XD

but i rather have my akatsuki one XDDD

Cool! Lesse.. I might be coming up to Washington/Cali summer '06, so maybe :D That would be awesome :D

We should have a club. "The Akatsuki Brothel?" o_o ....but that's like, really weird.... "Akawhores"?

What cons are in the west coast in the summer? If we figure it out, we actually *could* have a gathering of Akatsuki whores. I would actually not go to AMA just to save money for it :D

Chibi-kun
12-07-2005, 10:58 PM
i dont want to go to ALA as the lone akatsuki whore xDDD
but i guess i wont wear it to ALA. too cold. so yes, ill debut it summer-ish.

SailorKagome
12-07-2005, 11:01 PM
i dont want to go to ALA as the lone akatsuki whore xDDD
but i guess i wont wear it to ALA. too cold. so yes, ill debut it summer-ish.

XD Sweet. So..I'm not going to AMA. I'm graduating that weekend, anyway. Plus, paying for all that slik... Even my 12-bucks an hour job won't save me....

...But grad money will! Watch me hit up everyone I know for cash! Hell yeah!

Chibi-kun
12-07-2005, 11:06 PM
oh yes, im going for a pretty expensive cloth for my akatsuki whores. not exactly PVC but a shiny, silkish-y cloth so its nice. I originally planned to use cotton but no, i love all my akatsuki designs so they deserve good fabric XDDD

grad money will go to AX XDDD

im still determined for that tsuki prom dress XDDD

SailorKagome
12-07-2005, 11:10 PM
oh yes, im going for a pretty expensive cloth for my akatsuki whores. not exactly PVC but a shiny, silkish-y cloth so its nice. I originally planned to use cotton but no, i love all my akatsuki designs so they deserve good fabric XDDD

grad money will go to AX XDDD

im still determined for that tsuki prom dress XDDD

Yeah. I originally didn't want to use silk, either... But they deserve it. :D

I hope you're able to make the prom dress!

I decidedly love my weathly grandparents :D And I love that they love me and like to give me money.

...I'm so bad...

...*sigh* Those THREE wigs are going to cost a bundle, too....

Chibi-kun
12-07-2005, 11:15 PM
yay for using my real hair for hinata tsuki XDDD
but there will come a time when i will use a wig once i decide to do her timejump look XDDD

the cloth is whats killing me. x_X but the skimpier the outfit the less fabric >:P my kimono tsuki is the most expensive out of all of them XDDD as well as my so called prom dress XDDD

SailorKagome
12-07-2005, 11:20 PM
yay for using my real hair for hinata tsuki XDDD
but there will come a time when i will use a wig once i decide to do her timejump look XDDD

the cloth is whats killing me. x_X but the skimpier the outfit the less fabric >:P my kimono tsuki is the most expensive out of all of them XDDD as well as my so called prom dress XDDD

Same here. The first two won't be so bad... But the last will. And, if I make the cloak, that will, too.....

Let's hope my mom really meant it when she said she'd pay for my fabric and stuff....

Chibi-kun
12-07-2005, 11:23 PM
i already have the cloak, i just demand for more akatsuki stuff XD
right now, im taking it easy and taking advantage of the fact that i am in screen printing.
current project: akatsuki bag, shirt, pants, shoes (yes shoes. xDD) then move on to the costumes.
once summer hits, i have to actually BUY my screen printing equipment. until then, i screen print XDD

its so sad how much akatsuki stuff i can come up with...*sigh*

SailorKagome
12-07-2005, 11:29 PM
i already have the cloak, i just demand for more akatsuki stuff XD
right now, im taking it easy and taking advantage of the fact that i am in screen printing.
current project: akatsuki bag, shirt, pants, shoes (yes shoes. xDD) then move on to the costumes.
once summer hits, i have to actually BUY my screen printing equipment. until then, i screen print XDD

its so sad how much akatsuki stuff i can come up with...*sigh*

*remembers she's not making the cloak out of silk* Aha! So maybe it won't cost so much :D

Oh, yeah! Your cloak from Itachi! What did you make that out of?

..How about... Akatsuki...socks? Hat? Cell phone cover? Cell phone CHARM? Hair tie? Skirt? Hoodie? Jacket? UNDERCLOTHING? O_O

*steals the hyphens from your sig cos bullets suck*

Chibi-kun
12-07-2005, 11:33 PM
XDDDD i already have the shirt under works, i plan to wear it under my akatsuki cloak for the gathering on saturday.
i have the cellphone charm and attempted to paint my phone before XD didnt work, XDD

im not exactly sure of the name of the cloth for my tsuki cloak. but its shiny and super soft. almost like silk? XDDD

i have hats planned for creation once my teacher gets a hat press so i can make akatsuki hats.
the skirt, hoodies, jackets and etc are part of my akatsuki line of clothing XDDD

im such a narutard im making all of sasukes costumes x-x putting those sharingan contacts into good use. as well as hinatas XD

*points to new avie* XDDD

SailorKagome
12-07-2005, 11:43 PM
XDDDD i already have the shirt under works, i plan to wear it under my akatsuki cloak for the gathering on saturday.
i have the cellphone charm and attempted to paint my phone before XD didnt work, XDD

im not exactly sure of the name of the cloth for my tsuki cloak. but its shiny and super soft. almost like silk? XDDD

i have hats planned for creation once my teacher gets a hat press so i can make akatsuki hats.
the skirt, hoodies, jackets and etc are part of my akatsuki line of clothing XDDD

im such a narutard im making all of sasukes costumes x-x putting those sharingan contacts into good use. as well as hinatas XD

*points to new avie* XDDD

*gapes at avvy* @_@ WOW. *awe*

Ahaha! Akatsuki clothing line = sweet.

Oooh, how much did the sharingan contacts cost? I'll be needing them. Actually, I'll be needing *prescription* contacts, so it'll prolly be more... Darn my eyes!

Chibi-kun
12-07-2005, 11:45 PM
i wear perscription glasses but i had no patience so i went without the perscriptions. they cost $135 since ther was a $5 discount when ordered before dec. 24 from cosplaylab. my friend bought me the sasuke ones but ill be buying myself itachis and his magenkyou as well as $180 custom made hinata ones x_x

that akatsuki line design is gonna help me get into that fashion college XDD

SailorKagome
12-07-2005, 11:48 PM
i wear perscription glasses but i had no patience so i went without the perscriptions. they cost $135 since ther was a $5 discount when ordered before dec. 24 from cosplaylab. my friend bought me the sasuke ones but ill be buying myself itachis and his magenkyou as well as $180 custom made hinata ones x_x

that akatsuki line design is gonna help me get into that fashion college XDD

.....Thank God for graduation money.....

Fashion college? Awesome. If only I wasn't majoring in psychology for kicks (So people have to call me Doctor :D), I'd do that. I <3 designing stuff.

Chibi-kun
12-08-2005, 12:12 AM
lol, you can take another major and get a PHD and be called a doctor then XD
were somewhat straying off topic talking about colleges and stuff lol.

so yes back to topic: akatsuki whoreships. XDD im working on painting my nails with red clouds XDD its just hard not having the pen like nail polish XDDD

SailorKagome
12-08-2005, 12:18 AM
lol, you can take another major and get a PHD and be called a doctor then XD
were somewhat straying off topic talking about colleges and stuff lol.

so yes back to topic: akatsuki whoreships. XDD im working on painting my nails with red clouds XDD its just hard not having the pen like nail polish XDDD

o_o I never thought of Akatsuki NAILS. Maybe make those little nail-stickers?

....I want to put "Akatsuki Whore" as my title... But... I think I'll have to wait until I move out of the house cos my mom won't like that very much....

Chibi-kun
12-08-2005, 12:22 AM
my mom would kill me if she sees me in my first akatsuki design XDD its pretty similar to your sketch (#1) except it has longer sleeves, more skin and a skirt with a slit. and possibly either boots or leg warmers XDD

im not a fan of long nails so i rather use my own real nails and badly attempt painting white and red on them XDDD i've debated to put akatsuki whore or uchiha whore XDD so i guess it should be narutardwhore XDDD

but still, most of my stuff will be decked out with black and red clouds XDDDD

SailorKagome
12-08-2005, 12:28 AM
my mom would kill me if she sees me in my first akatsuki design XDD its pretty similar to your sketch (#1) except it has longer sleeves, more skin and a skirt with a slit. and possibly either boots or leg warmers XDD

im not a fan of long nails so i rather use my own real nails and badly attempt painting white and red on them XDDD i've debated to put akatsuki whore or uchiha whore XDD so i guess it should be narutardwhore XDDD

but still, most of my stuff will be decked out with black and red clouds XDDDD

The skirt on the first (and second) sketch has a slit on both sides. Plus, my entire body will be covered in fishnet, so, yeah. My mom would kill me, too. Or call me a hooker. :D

I have and love long nails (real). I hate fake nails. But, you know those manicure stickers you can put on your fingernails? Maybe those would work. In any case, I'll just get my nails professionally done, since I usually get nail polish all over my self.

Chibi-kun
12-08-2005, 12:32 AM
i usually dont goto the parlor/salon unless i need a hair cut XDDD and i refuse to use the fake nails XDD
ill deal with what i have XD

no...my mom would just strangle me. but i'd love to see the look on her face though but i dont think ill be showing it to her. ill show her my *other* tsuki designs but not the snj looking one XDDD but the best part about it is seeing peoples reaction if hinata wears it XDD *pops in hinata contacts* XDDD

yes, we need to organize a akatsuki whore group for a convention XDD

SailorKagome
12-08-2005, 12:56 AM
i usually dont goto the parlor/salon unless i need a hair cut XDDD and i refuse to use the fake nails XDD
ill deal with what i have XD

no...my mom would just strangle me. but i'd love to see the look on her face though but i dont think ill be showing it to her. ill show her my *other* tsuki designs but not the snj looking one XDDD but the best part about it is seeing peoples reaction if hinata wears it XDD *pops in hinata contacts* XDDD

yes, we need to organize a akatsuki whore group for a convention XDD

Yes. :D Lets!

katringa
12-08-2005, 12:05 PM
Yes. :D Lets!

xD Your pulling me into the addicting realm of akatsuki-ness! ahhhhh! I would do an Akatsuki Temari, but I love those hats they wear and it would cover up her ponytails, so I don't think anybody would know who I was. Well except for the fan :D

@ Chibi-kun, I think I have the fan in your avvy xD The bottom part is EXACTLY the same, with those gaps at the edges and stuff.. except ofcourse it's not painted akatsuki :P I think we got it from Japan ^_^

Eep, gotta go! Talk to you in about.. five hours :P Byez ^o^

SailorKagome
12-08-2005, 12:13 PM
xD Your pulling me into the addicting realm of akatsuki-ness! ahhhhh! I would do an Akatsuki Temari, but I love those hats they wear and it would cover up her ponytails, so I don't think anybody would know who I was. Well except for the fan :D

@ Chibi-kun, I think I have the fan in your avvy xD The bottom part is EXACTLY the same, with those gaps at the edges and stuff.. except ofcourse it's not painted akatsuki :P I think we got it from Japan ^_^

Eep, gotta go! Talk to you in about.. five hours :P Byez ^o^

omg, you should totally come and be our Akatsuki Temari! You don't *have* to wear the hat, and I'm sure you could think of something to do with it, anyway....

Check out our thread in the seeking cosplayers forum! http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=72661

Adara
12-08-2005, 04:15 PM
Aw, I would totally offer to be Akatsuki Kurenai, but I live on the east coast and definitely won't be able to go to west coast cons. Oh well. ^^;

katringa
12-08-2005, 06:41 PM
omgomgomgomg, I posted it on the Akatsuki board too, but for anyone who is reading, is anyone going to Kei-kon?? xD http://www.geocities.com/uvicanime/reg4.html I hope some of you guys are!! I am for SURE!!

katringa
12-12-2005, 06:29 PM
Yay, update! I just got back from the fabric store, I found the perfect pattern (I ended up getting the McCall's one because they didnt have the one I needed in NewLook) and I can't wait to start :D The only problem is that I'm probably gonna need to shorten it, as I'm VERY short >< Shouldn't be too much of a problem though. ^o^ I think I'll do what somebody else did and just make the zipper go down part of the way, until the bend starts, then use a strip of white for the rest.

Also, I'm thinking of not interfacing the collar on her movie shirt - that way it'll just lie on top of the other one, or snap on? I don't want it to push the other collar into my neck or something :P Owch.

After the dress is done, next step is to get the two pink fabrics, and the fabric for the cloak... *jots down* Hopefully I can find a good pink wig too! I have a pretty one, but it's a bit too short for Sakura I think. Ahhh, it's hard to find sandals this time of year... wish me luck! ^_^

Uchiha Sakura
02-09-2006, 08:03 AM
I've made Sakura's sleevless dress and i am now planning on makeing the movie version. Could anyone tell me the colors for the outfit? I've never seen the movie but i have seen pics and the colors very so much i'm not quite sure what they are.

Ami Yuy
02-09-2006, 02:24 PM
I capped the movie for this specific purpose and you can find them over here: http://amiyuy.livejournal.com/180376.html

I finished my outfit for Anime LA a couple weekends ago and I have some pictures up in my gallery: http://images.cosplay.com/gallery.php?cat=32678&member=1186

I used a salmon pink cotton for the top, white double-fold bias tape for the edging (no hemming, yay!), and the same pattern that I used for the dress, just without any darts at all so that it hung loose.

For the leg and arm warmers I used a sort of medium pink color cotton.

The boots were bought at Payless and painted and then we super glued on snaps (although they're not very snapable because they come off pretty easily if you snap and unsnap them) to hold on the wraps.

Next comes the cloak...which we were going to do but the colors and right fabric were not very forthcoming in searching for them...

Uchiha Sakura
02-10-2006, 07:57 AM
I capped the movie for this specific purpose and you can find them over here: http://amiyuy.livejournal.com/180376.html

I finished my outfit for Anime LA a couple weekends ago and I have some pictures up in my gallery: http://images.cosplay.com/gallery.php?cat=32678&member=1186

I used a salmon pink cotton for the top, white double-fold bias tape for the edging (no hemming, yay!), and the same pattern that I used for the dress, just without any darts at all so that it hung loose.

For the leg and arm warmers I used a sort of medium pink color cotton.

The boots were bought at Payless and painted and then we super glued on snaps (although they're not very snapable because they come off pretty easily if you snap and unsnap them) to hold on the wraps.

Next comes the cloak...which we were going to do but the colors and right fabric were not very forthcoming in searching for them...

That helps alot. Your costume looks realy good. DO you have any other screen shots. As i said i havn't seen the movie but i think i will soon. I will wear this costume for Ohayocon07. un fortunetly i can only go to 1 con a year cause that is all that is in my area that i can attend. Thanks again.

Mupuppy
02-11-2006, 11:19 AM
I Believe I've gone through this whole thread. So...

Can anyone tell me what pattern they used for Sakura's original dress (with sleeves)??? I'm also in the middle planning the making her movie outfit, So I could use some help.

Thanks So much
Mudpuppy
P.S. Yes I've searched the fourms...They arn't as helpful as I had hoped.

katringa
02-11-2006, 11:40 AM
I Believe I've gone through this whole thread. So...

Can anyone tell me what pattern they used for Sakura's original dress (with sleeves)??? I'm also in the middle planning the making her movie outfit, So I could use some help.

Thanks So much
Mudpuppy
P.S. Yes I've searched the fourms...They arn't as helpful as I had hoped.

I used McCall's M4369 and it's perfect :D Inside it has patterns for both a sleeveless and a sleeved version ^_^

Just make sure when you sew it, you leave BOTH sides of the dress open, because the pattern just has one open ;P But that's kind of obvious xD;

Also, I modified the collar pattern a little bit so that it curves into the zipper more. I would have liked to make a bigger collar-space so it looks like Sakura's, but I thought about that too late and couldn't take out the zipper. So the collar's a bit closer to my neck than it should be, but it's still comfy atleast :)

As for switching the zipper to the front, I just cut the back AND front pieces of the dress as ONE piece (each.. I mean xD) (ie, cut them on the fold of the fabric), then cut a slit down the front one and sewed in the zipper. It got a little wierd near the bottom of the zipper, but I covered up the very end with my bias-tapey-stuff anyways ^_^

That got pretty long xD; Anyways, good luck! :D

~

On a random note, I now have an official Naruto headband!!! :D :D :D I got one at my manga store for only ELEVEN ($11) DOLLARS. O_O I thought it was gonna be like.. $20?! I practically screamed with joy xDD Now I wear it everyday and to school x3 Love it sooo much <3

Uchiha Sakura
02-16-2006, 07:38 AM
could any one tell me a a web site that has a lot of screen shots of her costume or post some. Thanks. Also, does any one know the best fabric to use for the items.

Ami Yuy
02-16-2006, 01:44 PM
could any one tell me a a web site that has a lot of screen shots of her costume or post some. Thanks. Also, does any one know the best fabric to use for the items.

Honestly, all of the screenshots you will either need or can get of her costume are in my previous post, I spent a couple of hours capping the movie to get all of the shots I could. There are also some of the others in there that are helpful for things like the cloaks and boots, since they share the same ones.

Other reference shots of the costume are pretty hard to find.

I spent quite a bit of time poking around this site (http://www.toysnjoys.com/naruto.html) to find anything that might help, and I found a few, but other than there and maybe http://www.animegalleries.net, I don't know of any places for good pictures of the movie.

Uchiha Sakura
02-16-2006, 04:20 PM
thanks for the help Ami. that helps me alot. nobody posts on my Sakura thread any more it's lonely. any way, also thinking aabout plaining Sakura's artbook Kimono any ideas? thanks