PDA

View Full Version : Subaru and Seishirou Crossplay

Cocoa
02-08-2003, 05:17 PM
Seeing as the admins gave us this shiny, brand-new forum to molest, I couldn't resist. I'm a rabid Subaru/Seishirou (from X and Tokyo Babylon), and I'm currently planning an outfit or two of each ot them. Now, I've noticed that most S/S cosplayers are female, and the very few I've seen that were male were mostly not so good. That being said, are there any other Subaru or Seishirou crossplayers here? Any pairs of the two? I've discovered S/S cosplayers tend to come in pairs. Or am I the only one?
-Cocoa

Rosiel
02-08-2003, 05:20 PM
I always wanted to see a Subaru/Kamui pair myself... but alas, it seems few people share my quirky X pairing preference. ;___;

I thought of doing an onmyouji Subaru and bribing a friend into being Kamui, but then I saw so many onmyouji Subarus it discouraged me...

Pendrell
02-08-2003, 08:31 PM
Well, I'd like to see Subaru x Kamui.. but where's the fun in that? *l* I mean, there'd be no borderline molestation or horrible angst-inducing mindgames between 'em, just mushy bishie-love. And where would the X storyline be without molestation and angst? XP

I'm a lone Subaru, I have noone to molest meee. ;_; But through an odd twist of events, my Mulder action figure will soon be my new Seishirou for running the con gamut. Yep, cosplayin' Mulder doll, what a concept. ^^;
Eh, at least he's already got the suit. I just have to Sharpie his hair and white-out the right eye... *l* Voila! Insta-SeiSei! XD

soshi
02-08-2003, 09:46 PM
Ao (domestik) and myself will be tarot versions of Seishirou and Subar at AX. ^^ I'm Seishirou.. I get a SCYTHE! ^_____^

Cocoa
02-08-2003, 09:54 PM
When I saw the pilot ep of the X-Files (I bought the first tape, it's got it on there), there's a shot of Mulder smiling with his glasses on, and he looked really creepily like Seishirou. I want pics of both the cosplaying Mulder doll and the Tarot outfits, you two ^^ I have a friend that's doing Seishirou's tarot card outfit at Katsucon next weekend...
-Cocoa

A J
02-09-2003, 03:55 AM
There was an amazing onmyouji Subaru and Seishirou (complete with one blinded eye) at yaoi-con in the masquerade. They had a Kamui with them too.

I bet you could find pictures of them if you went back through the yaoi-con pics that Eurobeat King took. The costumes were really well done. :)

*also a subaru/seishirou fan*! I think it's the whole tragic thing that Clamp is so good at. :)

K_Valentine
02-09-2003, 06:15 AM
This year I'm doing a Seishiro. It's no crossplay for me. I hope to do a decent job on it.

Cocoa
02-09-2003, 11:16 AM
*laughs* Yaoi-con Subaru is sort of a friend of mine, albeit a newer one. She and her Seishirou really did do a nice job....they're actually dating, although her Seishirou is currently overseas, I believe. Very interesting person...I'm planning on doing Subaru's shikifuku for Shoujocon, and was introduced to her by another friend saying I should go to her with my questions ^^ And K_Valentine, if you want to be a good Seishirou, you need a Subaru...Subaru can sometimes stand on his own, but as a friend pointed out, Seishirou really isn't much of a character without Subaru. And if you're a guy, your Subaru must be a guy as well ^^ *loves her Subaru, who happens to be a crossplayer too*
-Cocoa

A J
02-09-2003, 12:42 PM
I figured someone here would know them. I was very impressed. They were my favorite skit in the masquerade. :)

Pendrell
02-09-2003, 09:28 PM
I may not have an actual Seishirou, but I think Mulder does a decent job filling in the vacancy. *l* ^^ Um, he's missing the tip of his tie though, some kid snapped it off, like, a year ago. Nrrr. So I have to get creative and fix him up... and paint over his tie while I'm at it. Ugh, navy and burgundy stripes, not exactly Sei-chan's optimal color scheme.
Oh, and I WANT TO GO TO YAOICON. XO Curse my poorness! I'm missing out on all the fun. ;_;

Cocoa
02-09-2003, 09:32 PM
I knoooow...but I'm on the wrong side of the continent for Yaoicon. Too young, too. But someday. Someday ^^ Maybe you could use some sculpy to fix up the tie? And sharpie-color it black, too. Mmmmm...black ^^
-Cocoa

Pendrell
02-09-2003, 09:42 PM
Too young? Aw. v_v; I'm legal now! Ha HA! *l* Time to hit the west coast! And if I had money, you'd best believe I'd be dragging a couple of people along with me to Yaoicon this year. Especially a certain dweeby male friend who really, really wants to go just so he can parade around in his 'uke' shirt while I've got on my 'seme' one. ^^; Even though he doesn't like yaoi. At all. XP

Hai, Sculpy-n-Sharpie it is. Nothing better than a man dressed in black... now, if he only had.. sunglasses. ^^;

domestik
02-14-2003, 07:50 PM
Yeeeep! I get my very own Seishirou to molest... er... get molsted by. o.o;

Oh the fun and joy that shall be had. XD

Pendrell
02-14-2003, 08:11 PM
Jesus, everybody's got one but me. I'm a defective Subaru. ><

Cocoa
02-14-2003, 08:28 PM
Domestik, that's great. More S/S = Good. Pendrell, my advice is to get yourself a group of friends and some 'Free Hugs' signs and give out free hugs at a con, and wait for a Seishirou to find you ^^ That's how I came upon my Subaru. And I've discovered that Anime Boston, a first-year con up here in MA, already has four pairs going as Subaru and Seishirou, including myself. Out of those four pairs, one of the Seishirous is a guy, and the rest of us are girls. Should make for some intresting photo poses, at least. So much S/S...I never knew there were all these wonderful people in my state ^^
-Cocoa

domestik
02-15-2003, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by Pendrell
Jesus, everybody's got one but me. I'm a defective Subaru. ><

Don't say such a thing! Subaru can NEVER be DEFECTIVE. XD

*kidnaps you to AX* It'll be.. SubaruxSeishirouxSubaru. XD;

On a more serious note though... I'm sure you'll find yourself a Seishirou. *^^* And if not... GET ONE. XD Kidnap a amigo and stuff them into the outfit. :X

I was initially going to be Arashi when my soshi changed her mind and decided I would make the ideal Subaru for her counterpart. o.o;

Pendrell
02-17-2003, 02:51 PM
Nyeheh, that's right! I'm not defective... just... erm, deprived. ;_; I'm the Subaru that doesn't get any action, bwah. ><;
Ooh, take me with you! XP Ha, wish I could go to AX. I don't like being poor. ;_;

If I can't find a SeiSei then I'll PIRATE ONE. Yaaargh. >_0 Um, actually there's been some talk of me being a bit of a con pirate.. so both Subaru costumes (TB/X and .hack//SIGN) would entail an eyepatch and a bandanna at some point. And a little jolly roger flag to wave around. :P

But yeah, about the kidnapping, I casually mentioned to my trusty con-buddy that I was planning to get one of our mutual friends to be my SeiSei, and she got all jealous and demanded an explanation for why I didn't ask HER first. x_x; Looks like I may end up with two Seishirous XD MWAHAHAH!

And one of my male friends even hinted that he'd like to be a Seishirou.. o.O (GRAH SEISHIROU OVERLOAD! XD *lol*) except, um, he wants me to make his costume. No way, buster. XP If he wants to be teh SeiSei, he gots to buy teh Armani suit. *l* Plus I don't really want a male SeiSei. <_<; Heheh.

But I know I'm not gonna have one in the end, 'cause all my friends are bums v_v;; so undependable. *laughs*

Nyo, Cocoa, there's going to be ONE male Sakurazuka for AWA, too. But he isn't all that into the concept of photo-oppin' with all of us Subarus, unfortunately. ^^; Besides, I'll be a wee bit out of place if I'm in TB Subaru-mode. *sweatdrop* So many X Subarus. I may have to scrap my X Subaru costume entirely because I'm having second thoughts about how accurate my coat is. X_x; I mean, it looks like it's straight out of the PS game... but it doesn't really look mangaesque at all. It's kinda.. shiny matte.. polyurethane. And it certainly doesn't billow as nicely as the manga trenches do. Rrgh, I'm lame. XP Well, at least it matches the one on the game poster. I should prolly scan that in.. once the scanner decides to stop being a jerk and actually scan things.

Cocoa
02-17-2003, 03:58 PM
For the record, I think it's hard to get the Dramatic Billowing Effect(tm) from the manga well...I've been outside in some strong gusts in my Seishirou coat (MA is windy) and it doesn't billow that much. And come to Shoujocon! I wouldn't mind an extra Subaru, and if one of my friends does Sei instead of Subaru, we'll be short a Subaru ^^
-Cocoa

soshi
02-17-2003, 05:47 PM
I would just like to announce that I will be willing to grope and/or molest any Subarus willing at Anime Expo. ^_____^;

Pendrell
02-17-2003, 09:11 PM
o.O ... *makes plans to go to AX*

Ehm, just kidding. ^^ Although I would like to go. What's a Subaru without molestation? :drunk: ME, that's what. I'll be the official Grumpy Subaru who still doesn't have a TB hat yet. T_T Rargh.
Um, although I DO fly for free, after all... *malevolent grin* hmm.. maybe I'll be able to make it to at least one con other than AWA this year. We'll see! ^_^
*nodnod* True that, Cocoa. The coat's got its shortcomings, but it'll do just fine. Unless I find a better one before the con. <_<; *l* Pendrell = teh big nerd. Once my scanner is done mocking me, I'll put up pics of the outfit. Shoujocon is.. a good bit up there... ^^; But it's still closer than Yaoicon. *sweatdrop*

soshi
02-17-2003, 09:36 PM
Yaoicon, ugh. WAY too expensive for it's own good, imo. ><;

Cocoa
02-17-2003, 10:36 PM
*does little Jedi mind trick-thing on Pendrell* You will come to Shoujocon. And it's significantly closer than Yaoicon...by plane, about five hours closer...not that I wouldn't mind going to Yaoicon too, but I'm sadly a few years short at the moment.
-Cocoa

Vialoi Ketsueke
02-19-2003, 09:05 AM
My friend and I where planning on doing Subaru and Sheishero, although I think we've had a change of plans since then. I guess we'll see by the time Shoujocon pops back up......
I really wish I could go to Yaoicon..

K_Valentine
04-06-2003, 05:52 PM
Turns out I've been able to make both Seishiro and Subaru. I think I'll lend my taller friend Seishiro so I can be Subaru.

Cocoa
04-06-2003, 06:55 PM
Neat...I'm making both X Subaru and X Seishirou for Shoujocon, although the Subaru isn't for me...I have a very good body shape for X Subaru, but I don't have the personality, and I don't have a seme ^^ I can think of maybe one person who could pull off being Seishirou to me, and I don't actually know her, just her Subaru, and as such she's already taken ^^ I am, however, doing X18 Subaru in two weeks at Anime Boston, because I have all the stuff, and I don't need a Seishirou for that. Doing TB Seishirou Saturday, and will hopefully round up the other S/S pairs for some photos. We'll have at least one other pair, as a friend is doing TB Sei with antoher friend, I think. My Hokuto has given me permission to do whatever the heck I want to her older sister (Subaru) short of actually killing her, so the photos should be good ^^

Pendrell
04-07-2003, 07:15 PM
Mou... Sakurazukamori Subaru? *_* DANGIT I wanna go to Anime Boston ><

... definitely post them pictures. I'm an aspiring X 18 Subaru, if time and con circumstances permit. But I'll most likely only have time for X 16 and TB OVA Subaru. T_T Unless I cut down my .hack Subaru time, which I'm tempted to do.. provided I can get my hands on the elusive black duster and modify it.

Oh, and have fun at Anime Boston, Cocoa-san! ^_^

Cocoa
04-07-2003, 08:36 PM
Don't worry, I'll have lots of fun and bring back lots of pictures ^^ Curiously, which TB OAV outfit are you doing? There's a couple tucked in there, although I think the black and red one is the most popular...the fact that it appears in both 'Babel' and 'Destiny' in the manga doesn't really help either ^^ (can you tell I love that outfit? Can you tell that that's my Subaru's outfit ^^?)

Pendrell
04-08-2003, 10:55 PM
Hai hai, that's the one ^^ It's my favorite, too. Well, it's got the recognition factor going for it due to the OVA, unlike some of the more obscure manga outfits. Although I think any Subaru costume would be obvious. :P Incidentally, I pulled a SeiSei switch! XP *l* The former Seishirou is now going to don the ghetto OVA-1 Hokuto costume (the bodysuit with green shorts and strapless white bra thingy), and that leaves the SeiSei role open for the girl I originally wanted to cosplay him. ^_^ Nyeheh, score one for me.
Boy, I'd die if I could get her to wear that horrendous pink suit from X TV episode nine. The one with the pimento green tie. 0_o; *lol* Maah, X TV Seishirou's got some interesting taste in suits.. though some of those TB artbook suits are pretty giddily-colored, too. X)

I'll just be sitting around waiting for those AB pics, I guess... I've got nothing better to do... *l* oh, except graduate sometime soon. Forgot about that. @_@

Cocoa
04-09-2003, 02:31 PM
*laughs* You'd have to pay me to get near that pink suit. I'll leave the pink to Yuuto. And with the TB artbook, you have to remember that while his outfits are bright, at least they match ^^ The outfit I _want_ to do is from the artbook, I've nicknamed it the Tulip Outfit ^^ If you search through, you can probably figure out which one it is. If I can't find the buckles I need for that, I'm going to do a colored version of the suit from 'Babel', as both my Subaru and Hokuto's outfits are from that chapter. Best of luck on the OAV outfits, BTW ^^ I want pictures!

Pendrell
04-20-2003, 11:37 PM
Whoo, fansview already has the AB pics up. 0.0 But I didn't see any wayward Subarus or Seishirous. Oh, well, one Subaru (http://www.fansview.com/2003/animeboston/041903a129.jpg), actually. ^^ Hai, Cocoa, I found the Tulip outfit... man, I :heart: me some buckles on teh Seishirou. <3 I'll be waiting for some pics of you to pop up from Anime Boston. XD

Come to think of it, I guess this thread is the perfect place to ask... who here would find a raschel lycra or cire-clad Subaru a bit.. wrong-looking? I was just pondering my options and I started gunning for places with shiny bodysuits... I think cire's got nice weight and it.. er.. 'lumps' properly around the ankles and knees and hips, etc. But my fear there is that I'll end up looking like S&M Subaru. o.o Which might be bad.. but not necessarily. ^^;; I'll be getting whatever I decide on from pumpers.com, they're cheapest thus far... well, for custom fitting and whatnot..

Cocoa
04-21-2003, 03:13 PM
Hehe, that's the Subaru I dubbed other-Subaru at Shoujocon last year, she showed up at AB too. There were a lot of S/S cosplayers...I guess this is where I pimp my photo links out ^^

http://www.tokyo-tower.org/log/skuld_sei.jpg <-friend Skuld as vet!Sei
http://www.tokyo-tower.org/log/other_subaru.jpg <-other-Subaru
http://www.tokyo-tower.org/log/sei_smirk.jpg <-male X Sei who flirted with me and tried to steal my Subaru
http://www.tokyo-tower.org/log/subaru_hokuto.jpg <-My Subaru and another Hokuto
http://www.tokyo-tower.org/log/x16_su+sei.jpg <-X16 S/S pair
http://www.tokyo-tower.org/log/tb.jpg <-TB Goodness...me in the middle, my Subaru and Hokuto on either side, right next to me
http://www.tokyo-tower.org/log/su+sei+hokuto.jpg <-The whole lot of us
http://www.tokyo-tower.org/log/X_su.jpg <-X Subaru
http://www.tokyo-tower.org/log/me+cataldos+star.jpg <- Me, my Subaru and Hokuto, Subaru and Hokuto's little sister, Botan, and Hokuto's girlfriend, demon Kurama
http://www.tokyo-tower.org/log/subaru_tree.jpg <-My Subaru & a tree
http://www.tokyo-tower.org/log/pimp_sei.jpg <-pimp!Sei (or, as my Hokuto put it, pimp daddy Sei-chan ^^)
http://www.tokyo-tower.org/log/x%20sei%20+%20tb%20sei.jpg <-me as TB Sei with X Sei
http://www.tokyo-tower.org/log/2XSei.jpg <- Me as X Sei with other X Sei
http://www.tokyo-tower.org/log/sei_park.jpg <-Me as X Sei with sakura tree

X18 Subaru got ditched because I didn't have the boots, so I did ghettoout-of-my-closet!X Sei instead. There were two other X Seishirous at the con, but I didn't get pictures of them. Feel the S/S love, all.

Rest of pictures and con report are at my blog at www.tokyo-tower.org/log ^^

More pictures were taken of me and my Subaru in the park, but I didn't have much film left, so they're on Kurama and Hokuto's rolls. I shall post when I get copies ^^

Hitori
05-01-2003, 09:55 AM
Nice pictures! I saw this thread and knew I had to reply^_^
I'm a huge SxS fan, but I haven't gotten around to cosplaying either of them because wigs scare mi ... (My hair is just about to my knees). I'd really like to do Seishirou-san, and a lot of people tell mi to based on my personality, but I don't have the body type. I have a Subaru-kun body type... but I can't find anyone taller than mi to be my Seishirou-san... (I'm 5' 7"). Sad sad mi.
In anycase, nice pictures^_^

Cocoa
05-01-2003, 05:16 PM
Heh, with Seishirou, it's all in the attitude. Very few people have the right body shape for Seishirou, the man's shoulder's are not of human proportion. Best Seishirou I know? 5'11", about 130 pounds...which says something something, because I'm 5' 7", and 135. She's got the attitude though. Damn cool girl (for anyone wondering, it's Yaoicon!Seishirou)

However, I do hear you on the wig. Wigs scare me as well, which is why I'm cutting and dying my own hair for Shoujocon. Glad you liked the pictures, BTW ^^