View Full Version : i'm sick of flat fanart. time for fan ufo dolls

02-08-2003, 06:40 PM
like i said, i've recently become tired of drawing, and i've discovered the art of UFO catcherism.

so um.. tada! =D

02-08-2003, 06:56 PM
Those are so cute! I wish If I had the skills to do that, I would have sooo many UFO dolls! I'd have a Lulu, Edea, and all kinda cool people!

02-08-2003, 06:59 PM
lol, i just started doing them a couple weeks ago, i came across this page where someone was making custom ufos, for a million bucks US, and i was like, i can do that, and better... and undercut.. MWA HA HA... *ahem* i'm okay..

so yeah, i'm slowly working on builing up a gallery for my online store XD

i've got a Hiro-kun from bust a move on the way tonight, then i've gotta do a Rock, and hulk hogan for someone i work with. tee hee XD

02-09-2003, 03:35 PM
Those are so awesome! Man.... What do you use for the eyes? They look so good!

BTW, I LOVE Your Kefka cosplay. ;-; If I ever see you at a Con, I swear, I am going to pounce on you. :love:

02-09-2003, 04:02 PM
Sugoi~! ^.^ Those look great! I wish I knew how to make those cuz then I'd make one of me and give it to the guy I like *sweatdrop* what materials do you use?

02-09-2003, 04:36 PM
here's anothe ri finished yesterday, lol

the eyes? tee hee, i cheat, i paint them on broarcloth and cut em out. XD
for the bodies, i found this great mylar(kinda like fuzzy foam fused together) unfortunatly, i bought out that last 12 squares at fabricland. BUT, i did however see a blanket at walmat that was the EXACT same matrial and colour, i think i may go over and pick it up to chop when needed.
cothes are usually fleece and felt, unless i have something else that works, fleece is the easiest to get those arms into ( since i gotta fully clothe the dolls before sewing on heads and feet. XD

tee hee, which kefka are you refering to? my old avitar or the one in my gallery?

02-09-2003, 11:32 PM
shibby-ness ^_^ very skilled indeed! you should make more *_* post more or we'll hunt you down! buaw ha ha ha ha ha ha *takes a deep breath* joking... ^^;; anyways very cool, i'll have to try making thoes sometime, the eye's will be a $#%^# for me because i won't be able to make em even and i go crazy if things aren't even but hair should be easy enough. keep up the good work on your though ^^

Something Lulu
02-10-2003, 01:08 AM
Wow, those are really good! I always wanted to try my hand at making my own UFO catchers, but I haven't been able to find the time, and I really doubt they would look as professional as yours. They all look very good, and all the details are very neat. Nice job. ^_^