PDA

View Full Version : i'm sick of flat fanart. time for fan ufo dolls

coscrew
02-08-2003, 05:40 PM
like i said, i've recently become tired of drawing, and i've discovered the art of UFO catcherism.

so um.. tada! =D

http://www.shatteredreality.net/aems/lico.jpg

WitchofEastwick
02-08-2003, 05:56 PM
Those are so cute! I wish If I had the skills to do that, I would have sooo many UFO dolls! I'd have a Lulu, Edea, and all kinda cool people!

coscrew
02-08-2003, 05:59 PM
lol, i just started doing them a couple weeks ago, i came across this page where someone was making custom ufos, for a million bucks US, and i was like, i can do that, and better... and undercut.. MWA HA HA... *ahem* i'm okay..

so yeah, i'm slowly working on builing up a gallery for my online store XD

i've got a Hiro-kun from bust a move on the way tonight, then i've gotta do a Rock, and hulk hogan for someone i work with. tee hee XD

Mizuho
02-09-2003, 02:35 PM
Those are so awesome! Man.... What do you use for the eyes? They look so good!

BTW, I LOVE Your Kefka cosplay. ;-; If I ever see you at a Con, I swear, I am going to pounce on you. :love:

Sakura
02-09-2003, 03:02 PM
Sugoi~! ^.^ Those look great! I wish I knew how to make those cuz then I'd make one of me and give it to the guy I like *sweatdrop* what materials do you use?

coscrew
02-09-2003, 03:36 PM
here's anothe ri finished yesterday, lol

http://www.shatteredreality.net/aems/lhiro.jpg

the eyes? tee hee, i cheat, i paint them on broarcloth and cut em out. XD
for the bodies, i found this great mylar(kinda like fuzzy foam fused together) unfortunatly, i bought out that last 12 squares at fabricland. BUT, i did however see a blanket at walmat that was the EXACT same matrial and colour, i think i may go over and pick it up to chop when needed.
cothes are usually fleece and felt, unless i have something else that works, fleece is the easiest to get those arms into ( since i gotta fully clothe the dolls before sewing on heads and feet. XD

tee hee, which kefka are you refering to? my old avitar or the one in my gallery?

MikigamiTokiya
02-09-2003, 10:32 PM
shibby-ness ^_^ very skilled indeed! you should make more *_* post more or we'll hunt you down! buaw ha ha ha ha ha ha *takes a deep breath* joking... ^^;; anyways very cool, i'll have to try making thoes sometime, the eye's will be a $#%^# for me because i won't be able to make em even and i go crazy if things aren't even but hair should be easy enough. keep up the good work on your though ^^

Something Lulu
02-10-2003, 12:08 AM
Wow, those are really good! I always wanted to try my hand at making my own UFO catchers, but I haven't been able to find the time, and I really doubt they would look as professional as yours. They all look very good, and all the details are very neat. Nice job. ^_^