PDA

View Full Version : Katsucon!

Valgaav_Xellos
12-11-2005, 02:42 PM
Who's all going to katsucon??? I am! ^-^

Look at my siggy for meh costumes :0

myaku_
12-11-2005, 03:20 PM
I really want to, but I don't think I can. I might try to make it up for Saturday. :/

makotohanabi
12-11-2005, 05:47 PM
I'm going on Saturday and Sunday. Wasn't that thrilled about everything that happened at this year's katsu, but I promised friends I'd be nice and give them a 2nd chance. If my Soubi costume is done I may wear that, but i'll most likely just wear Schuldig and Saya.

Gogglegirl
12-11-2005, 08:05 PM
I'm going! I should be going for three days...I jsut gotta find some friends to go with me to share a room....

Riji
12-11-2005, 08:09 PM
Eh, I'm going for the people. If it doesn't drastically improve in '06 then I'm not going in '07. Things were just too rocky. A convention as long-going as Katsu is should have handled things better.

But hey, I'm willing to give them a second chance. :)

Star_Angel
12-11-2005, 10:29 PM
I will be there with Riji! But yeah it was rather rocky last year, and I so hope it will improve! at least there wont be the hotel construction and such this year!

Bagu
12-11-2005, 11:09 PM
Although I live around 5 miles away from the con hotels, I wouldn't mind finding people that have a room I can store a costume in, or use to change in/out of costume. I won't spend the night, but I can help with expenses and what not.

UnwantedKikyo
12-12-2005, 06:50 AM
Im going all weekend. Got my room and costumes are pretty set ^__^. My sig. has some of my costumes im bringing.

NiceGai44
12-12-2005, 01:57 PM
*Nice Guy Poses* this thread. Watch out when I come through. Guaranteed party time. Just hit me up if you down for a good time. I will have mad room parties and there will be some cool cosplay dinners going on. Holla at me if you wanna have a good time. SNJ Kakashi knows whats up.

Valgaav_Xellos
12-12-2005, 03:37 PM
*Nice Guy Poses* this thread. Watch out when I come through. Guaranteed party time. Just hit me up if you down for a good time. I will have mad room parties and there will be some cool cosplay dinners going on. Holla at me if you wanna have a good time. SNJ Kakashi knows whats up.

Hellz yeah. XD

dustbunny
12-13-2005, 07:48 PM
I hope i can go. But after last year my friends were rocky on whether they wanted to go this year. I told them that it would be better. SO we will see.

bag0k
12-13-2005, 08:35 PM
Eeh... I doubt I'm going this year. I had a terrible time last year and I doubt I'll get anything new done or get excited for the new location at all. I'm just waiting patiently for Otakon! ^_^

Winters Knight
12-14-2005, 01:13 AM
I'm going! ^_^ I'll be bringing Naaza from Samurai Troopers and Orochimaru from naruto.. not sure what else.. probably doing SnJ version of Orochimaru for the "rave" which I'm apparently being dragged to. *nod*... anyhow.. gotta work on those costumes.. yeah.. *falls over dead*

Mishima
12-14-2005, 02:18 AM
Of course I will be there pimping my new Itachi cosplay with a few peeps.
Soon as this con comes around I will be ready to PARTY!

Lycoris
12-15-2005, 09:00 AM
Eeh... I doubt I'm going this year. I had a terrible time last year

I had a terrible time last year too. A complete waste of money and time in my opinion. Oh and my traumatic experience with the Katsucon art show scarred me for life. ...but I'm still hopeful that this year could be different. This year I have a better idea of what to expect. I'll probably also volunteer... see what I can do to change things for the better and all.

NiceGai44
12-15-2005, 09:46 AM
The only reason I felt Katsucon sucked last year was the fact the split it into two different hotels. I hated it last year too. But when they had Katsucon in 1 hotel in the previous years it was awesome so I am hoping for that same experience.

Valgaav_Xellos
12-15-2005, 11:54 AM
The only reason I felt Katsucon sucked last year was the fact the split it into two different hotels. I hated it last year too. But when they had Katsucon in 1 hotel in the previous years it was awesome so I am hoping for that same experience.

omg that sucked last year. i was freezing in my lolita dress when i had to walk outside. -_-;;;

bigwil
12-15-2005, 03:14 PM
Big Wil shall be there..yup as most pplz stated..hopefully this will be better!

Valgaav_Xellos
12-15-2005, 07:56 PM
i have a good feeling about this year though! ^-^v

aku
12-15-2005, 09:06 PM
I'll be at Katsucon. I'm not sure how it will be like for '06, since they're gonna move it to DC.

Bagu
12-15-2005, 10:06 PM
I'll be at Katsucon. I'm not sure how it will be like for '06, since they're gonna move it to DC.

Wow I didn't realize they moved it until I saw your post. :mad:

I'm not so sure having it in the heart of DC is such a cool idea. As it states in the con forum parking is limited at the hotel and you'll probably have to park at the metro stop parking across the street.

Having it in Crystal City was better due to all the parking available and the other venues available.

Star_Angel
12-16-2005, 11:04 AM
I completely agree with this, I absolutely hate driving in DC! (lol or in NC for that matter after my little fender bender on the way to AUSA, leaving school to get there, lol)
It seems that parking is going to be the hardest thing this year, the hotel is for guest only and is pay, which really sucks!) and most people are either going to have to take the tain in or taxi there. Katsucon needs to find a good hotel with lots of other hotels around it where there is parking! lol

Wow I didn't realize they moved it until I saw your post. :mad:

I'm not so sure having it in the heart of DC is such a cool idea. As it states in the con forum parking is limited at the hotel and you'll probably have to park at the metro stop parking across the street.

Having it in Crystal City was better due to all the parking available and the other venues available.

Riji
12-16-2005, 12:54 PM
I so wanna hit up Star_Angel for a ride. I don't wanna brave con-parking in D.C. by myself. XD

Hmm...must see if I can skip Friday class...

Plus means more TMR and Camino action, oh babeh. Otakon = good times.

Gogglegirl
12-16-2005, 02:35 PM
but DC also has the metro so you could park somewhere where it is cheap though a little bit farther away and just take the metro to the hotel...that is if you don't have elaborate costumes or anything.....

Or you could just be like me and have someone drop you off for the weekend and then come pick you up~!

Star_Angel
12-16-2005, 03:25 PM
Lol maybe, if we can fit my stuff, Jens stuff, your stuff, and Kirk and Jamies bag in the van then yeah, but it will be cramped in my van, but that also depends on if Jamie goes or not, if not we will all fit fine.

I so wanna hit up Star_Angel for a ride. I don't wanna brave con-parking in D.C. by myself. XD

Hmm...must see if I can skip Friday class...

Plus means more TMR and Camino action, oh babeh. Otakon = good times.

NiceGai44
12-16-2005, 04:14 PM
I am parking at Springfield Mall! The metro is right there. So I will just leave from there in the morning and come on over.

makotohanabi
12-17-2005, 11:49 AM
http://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/fcdot/parkride.htm here's a list of park and rides in Farifax county with the routes of buses and cost of parking, if any. Probably be easier to park there and take the bus to Metro to the con. http://www.wmata.com is the link to metro has maps schedules and parking locations. You can park overnight at some stations like Franconia/Springfield, but only in a few spots.

I'm driving to Vienna metro and taking the train, easier that way.

My first con the hotel was under construction, but everything went smoothly the staff was polite and they had a clue. Had a great time. Hopefully the katsucon staff know that many people are giving them a 2nd chance and they get their act together. If nothing else there's an Irish pup nearby where the bartenders know how to properly pull a Guiness.

Zax
12-18-2005, 01:00 PM

Zax
12-18-2005, 01:02 PM
"Noobie here!"
Ive been researching Cosplay for a while but never got the guts to actually do it. i found out about Katsucon and Im doing it! No stopping me. Im there! And well Ive been inspired to go as my favorite game character. You guess it Zack from FFVII. He's so under appreciated. 10 bucks says im the only Zack there. So if you see a tall guy with a buster sword and dark hair say "Hi" I want to meet cosplayers!

sethar1
12-18-2005, 01:03 PM
Last year we where crammed into a hotel; We sign the contract several years in advance and we where not expecting that ammount of growth.

AS it has been pointed out we are moving to DC where parking sucks, unfortunatley there was nothing left in Crystal City Large enough for us.

There will be parking onsite we just want to encourage as many people as possible to carpool, or park farther out. It also beats paying $20+ a day for parking.

However the Zoo which is only a few blocks away has parking, The Marriott Wardman Park has Parking and ther are about a dozen lots with in two miles of the hotel. There is also some street parking with in short walking distance.

Seth@katsucon.org

Zax
12-18-2005, 01:07 PM
Ive been researching Cosplay for a while but never got the guts to actually do it. i found out about Katsucon and Im doing it! No stopping me. Im there! And well Ive been inspired to go as my favorite game character. You guess it Zack from FFVII. He's so under appreciated. 10 bucks says im the only Zack there. So if you see a tall guy with a buster sword and dark hair say "Hi" I want to meet cosplayers!

dustbunny
12-20-2005, 04:36 PM
my friends and i r taking the metro. cosplaying on the metro...sounds like fun.lol.

myaku_
12-20-2005, 06:28 PM
Ahh, I've decided to try to go now. I usually stay in Crystal City, especially because I cannot afford the hotel this year. The metro's super easy. But isn't the one next to the hotel the scary escaltor one? Does anyone know what I'm talking about? :x

UnwantedKikyo
12-21-2005, 12:29 PM
OH I DO! yeah it is...i think it is...the one with the HUGE escalator(like 4-5 of em)? and its dark and squeeks? o.o;;;;.

makotohanabi
12-21-2005, 06:09 PM
Ahh, I've decided to try to go now. I usually stay in Crystal City, especially because I cannot afford the hotel this year. The metro's super easy. But isn't the one next to the hotel the scary escaltor one? Does anyone know what I'm talking about? :x

I think you might be thinking about the very long and steep escalators in the Dupont Circle and Rosslyn stations. The escalators at the Woodley Park/Zoo station (the one nearest to the con) aren't that bad. When they work.

dustbunny
12-22-2005, 01:19 PM
the metro stop in a mile from the hotel. It's not far but when ur in a costume and it's cold. COOL BREEZE!!

Valgaav_Xellos
12-22-2005, 05:16 PM
yeah it's unfortunate they couldnt have gotten a hotel a bit closer, esp. since a LOT of people will be coming via the metro thanks to D.C.'s high parking rates. That's why I had to buckle down and save for a room ^-^;

makotohanabi
12-22-2005, 07:07 PM
The hotel is a mile from the metro? The info on katsu's website gave the impression it was closer. Thanks for the head's up. Not complaining about a short walk.

Valgaav_Xellos
12-23-2005, 09:35 PM
yeah i thought it was originally like 2 blocks away but i went to the actual hotel site and looked it up by looking at metro stops and stuff on the metro site and I found out it's right around a mile, maybe a tad bit over if i'm correct.

makotohanabi
12-24-2005, 03:33 PM
This year's katsu implied that the marriott and shearaton were connected to the Crystal City Underground when only the Marriott was connected. Now they're implying that the metro station is close to the hotel. Does not inspire much confidence. A mile is a long way when you're carrying your gear (cosplayers don't travel light) in the freezing cold.

Lycoris
12-24-2005, 04:08 PM
A mile? you're joking right? Wow, I too thought they had posted on their site that it was close... like 2 blocks. Something like that is bound to affect my plans.

makotohanabi
12-25-2005, 03:49 PM
According to Metro's Trip rider the distance from Woodley Park metro to the hotel is 0.18 miles. How they got that figure I don't know, and their directions from the station to the hotel is a bit vague.

If I don't go out of town for new year's i'll go downtown and see how long it takes to walk from Woodley Park to the Omni. I'll post my report when I get back. Last thing I want is otaku wandering all over creation late at night looking for the hotel. I've been there, it's not fun.

UnwantedKikyo
12-26-2005, 11:57 AM
Hahaha yeah thats a good idea...otaku wandering around DC not knowing where the heck their going in the cold can be quite...eh....amusing but it'd make them quite bitchy(its true T.T;). So beware of frozen angry otaku coming into the hotel o.o;;;

Valgaav_Xellos
12-26-2005, 12:47 PM
oh well i was calculating it from the stop nearest the zoo because on the metro map i saw, any other stops they had passed the hotel >_>; maybe it was an inaccurate map or an inaccurate calculation. for everyone's sakes who are riding the metro, i hope i'm the one that's wrong here lol.

animepimp
12-27-2005, 07:49 PM
Hello all,

Let me assure you that it does not take a mile from the Subway station to get to the Omni Shoram Hotel. Sorry if I spelled that wrong.
In short it is a short Trip.

It's only a few blocks.

Look forward to seeing you guys their.

Chris W.
Katsucon Live Programming Assist Head.

Wakusei
12-31-2005, 03:02 AM
I'm gonna be there, but most of my stuff as of this moment is a surprize.

Valgaav_Xellos
01-01-2006, 12:19 AM
I'm gonna be there, but most of my stuff as of this moment is a surprize.

Oh that makes me happy ^-^ I'd really like to have a chance to finally meet you, especially since the whole plans with me and my friend being in your cosplay group at Otakon 2005 fell through. I totally wanted to apologize for that and even moreso to do it in person ;o; But hopefully I'll run into you at Katsucon ^-^

Winters Knight
01-02-2006, 11:56 PM
So... yeah.. Parking sounds scary this time around. Hopefully everything will work out for everyone!... Oh, and Angie.. should I try to convince mum to let me bring the toaster oven? I'm not bringing that much other stuff since I can't do the armor for this one.

Star_Angel
01-05-2006, 12:50 AM
Sure! as long as we dont burn our room down or anything!! lol

So... yeah.. Parking sounds scary this time around. Hopefully everything will work out for everyone!... Oh, and Angie.. should I try to convince mum to let me bring the toaster oven? I'm not bringing that much other stuff since I can't do the armor for this one.

Fory-san
01-05-2006, 03:29 PM
Hopefully, I'll be there all weekend. I think I've got a hotel room with some friends and cousin of my friend, KC. Which reminds me...the person whose making my costume called me last night and I need to plan with her before it's too late. ^^;

VegitaTheSaiyan
01-09-2006, 08:39 AM
I plan on attending Katsu with Mishima.

ArgentD
01-10-2006, 01:44 PM
I will definitely be at Katsucon. Costumes are still a bit up in the air at the moment, largely because it depends on what I get made by the time the con rolls around.

dustbunny
01-11-2006, 03:17 PM
ok so the metro is lake 20 mins away...not even. and i hope that this warm weather holds up.

Star_Angel
01-23-2006, 10:57 AM
Just think everyone, less than a month now!!!

Gogglegirl
01-23-2006, 08:53 PM
I'm so excited!

except I have to make two costumes by Katsu....that's the most I've ever made right before a con....

Riji
01-24-2006, 04:04 PM
I'm sorry to say that I won't be able to attend. Hope you all have fun!

UnwantedKikyo
01-24-2006, 06:04 PM
o.o why nottttt? </3

makotohanabi
01-24-2006, 08:00 PM
aawww, too bad you can't make it, Riji.

I'll be cosplaying Schuldig thursday evening, Suzuka (Outlaw Star) Friday, and I'll decide on other costumes later.

Looked the hotel on the map, it's really close.

bigwil
01-25-2006, 01:25 AM
Aww Riji-kun!

NiceGai44
01-25-2006, 10:06 AM
Whats up will remember me?! We stayed together at Katsucon 2003! You were Venom from Guilty Gear!

dustbunny
01-25-2006, 07:23 PM
Hey NiceGai it's dustbunny.

Are we all doing a shot or what. Noone has been talking on this thread for 2 weeks or something.

I wish u could go Riji.

bigwil
01-25-2006, 11:36 PM
Whats up will remember me?! We stayed together at Katsucon 2003! You were Venom from Guilty Gear!

When i saw ya up here..I wasn't sure if it was u or not.....but whut up Man!!!:cheers:

NiceGai44
01-26-2006, 10:10 AM
I am down for a shoot all we have to do is post a time up! I give this thread another 2 weeks and it will be flooded! I believe everyone just post in the other Katsucon thread and people fail to post in here! Cant wait to meet you dustbunny! Hey will I am all right homie just got finished getting my cosplays done for Katsucon!

makotohanabi
01-26-2006, 06:17 PM
I'd post more but my office's internet filters think cosplay.com is a personals site.

A shoot would be fun, when is everyone coming? Maybe early Friday or Saturday would be good.

Lycoris
01-31-2006, 07:45 AM
A shoot would be fun, when is everyone coming? Maybe early Friday or Saturday would be good.

We should have a shoot or at least a gathering of some sort...

I should be there the whole weekend. So anytime would work for me. Last year I went home and missed a bunch of gatherings I wanted to attend. This year should not be a problem.

Can't wait!

dustbunny
01-31-2006, 01:13 PM
We can do it Saturday since NiceGai and i will have met up already(i dunno). maybe in the morning? Cause nothing happens in the morning.

bigwil
01-31-2006, 02:48 PM
Viva la Katsu :rofl:

NiceGai44
01-31-2006, 05:30 PM
Only problem is with Saturday is my masquearde skit it may cause some time constraints!

dustbunny
02-01-2006, 10:54 AM
What about Friday?

Lycoris
02-01-2006, 12:24 PM
Friday works for me so long as it's not too early since I'm not sure yet what time I'll be arriving.

dustbunny
02-02-2006, 07:06 AM
How is 3pm. Cause i have a inuyasha shot at 1pm.

NiceGai44
02-02-2006, 09:43 AM
Friday is perfect at 3pm! I dont know what outfit I will be in! You cant miss me I will be Don Kanonji, Gai Sensei or Jax!

dollssoulkirie
02-04-2006, 03:24 AM
At first, I wasn't going to attend Katsucon, but one of my friends from South Carolina will be going and I haven't seen her for almost 2 years (..I think). So, there's a chance that I'll be able to go, but not on Friday, since I have work.

As for cosplays.. I have none. ^^; So, I won't have a costume for this convention.

dustbunny
02-04-2006, 03:44 PM
ok Friday at 3pm .

UnwantedKikyo
02-05-2006, 07:26 PM
where at 3? lobby? like every other one? lol.

dustbunny
02-06-2006, 03:34 PM
yea i just added the shot on the katsy list. for Friday at 3pm at the lobby.

makotohanabi
02-06-2006, 09:42 PM
3pm Friday in the lobby, got it. I'll be there as Kikyou, see everyone there.

Just over a week to go, panic accordingly.

Lycoris
02-07-2006, 08:34 AM
Just over a week to go, panic accordingly.
Understood. Panic-mode is setting in...

dustbunny
02-07-2006, 12:40 PM
Yes panic...i'm trying to think about how many times i have to change at the con. organizing!!

Gogglegirl
02-09-2006, 08:20 PM
Katsucon is a tiny bit more than a week away! (and I still have a lot of work to do *sweatdrops*) I'd be really cool if I could meet up with some of you guys.....It looks like I'll be attending this con alone *gogglegirl's friends suck*

^^

dustbunny
02-10-2006, 07:29 AM
Gogglegirl!! OMG I haven't seeen you in years!! Hang out with me and my group. I'm doing Sasuke most of Saturday and i bet you would love that shoot!! I'll be there all weekend. Do u remember the Youko (kit) She's going to be there too. Come in your Sakura costume it will be fun! Kit's doinf Gaara!

Lycoris
02-10-2006, 08:17 AM
I'm going alone too. But I'm bound to run into people I know all over the place so I'm not worried! Plus my new costume is going well. I just finished Peso's head... it's huge. Hopefully I'll meet some new people there!

Anyone else arriving on Thursday? (that's when I'm trying to get there)

NiceGai44
02-10-2006, 08:59 AM
I will be there Thursday evening. Cant wait to see your mushroom again lycoris!

makotohanabi
02-10-2006, 05:30 PM
I'll be there Thursday too, hoping to get out of work at 3:30 since Thursday is our slow day. Also have the corporate high ups visiting so it's also "dress up and behave day", so I'll be cosplaying Schuldig at work and put on the wig when I get to the Omni.

Also bringing Kikyou, Suzuka (Fri) Haku, Motoko (Sat), Schuldig (Sun)

Guess I should get hold of my roommates and see when they're arriving.

Gogglegirl: if you like I can pm you my cell number and you can call if you get lonley. Done the solo con thing too, so I know what it's like.

Gogglegirl
02-10-2006, 10:24 PM
Dustbunny: Hey I remeber you too~!!! We haven't talked in a long time...Saturday...I'd love to Hang out with you~! But I've got another costume planned for saturday...but I'll bring my Sakura one (and Its wayyyyy better than what it was when you saw it last) if I get bored of my Saturday costume. Though...I won't have pink hair....I don't want to spray my hair pink at all...and I don't want to have to buy another wig.

makotohanabi: That'd be cool

One week away~!!!

dustbunny
02-11-2006, 10:03 AM
Sweet im sometime soon this week or pm me ur cell and i'll send u mine. Kit can't wait to see u either. I can't wait to see ur Sakura costume. Wish u could do the wig though. But if i got to the party store i will see if they have one. So don't i hope u don't mind if it the short one.

Mako.- If u want to u can hang with us also. R u doing the Haku from Naruto?

Can't wait to see u Nice Gai!!

makotohanabi
02-11-2006, 03:43 PM
yep, going as Haku from Naruto might have a Sasuke and Hinata with me also. Would be fun to hang out with you guys, I'll keep an eye out for you.

Gogglegirl: sent you a pm

wooo, the snow is starting to stick to the roads now, better this weekend than next weekend.

Gogglegirl
02-11-2006, 04:46 PM
makotohanabi: Your going as Haku! Originally I planned to go as Haku also but I didn't have enough time to make it. I'm definatly going to have to talk to you about that costume (cause i don't really know where to start iwth it...*sweatdrops*)

Dustbunny: I don't mind if its short...and you don't have to if you don't want to....If I have some hair dye left (i don't remember if I used it all on Halloween...) then i'll bring it.

dustbunny
02-11-2006, 05:01 PM
Gogglegirl- dude i'm going to get u a wig if u don't make ur hair pink cause i'm not going to have a pink less Sakura walking around.lol.

Mako- Yea keep an eye out for the Sasuke and Gaara that's what were going to be all Sat. On Friday i'm doing SNJ ANBU Sasuke. Sunday is a i dunno yet day.lol. But yea we can trade off gogglegirl.lol.

Gogglegirl
02-11-2006, 06:38 PM
*just realized she HAS pink hair already* and I have some more hair dye to put it in the places that my hair isn't pink...

dustbunny
02-11-2006, 10:02 PM
hehe ^^ ok

makotohanabi
02-12-2006, 01:47 PM
I'll be looking for a Sasuke and Gaara, I shouldn't be too hard to find. Probably be the oldest Haku cosplayer at the con.

Gogglegirl: if I can find my notes for Haku I'll bring them to Katsu, but feel free to ask any questions.

dustbunny
02-13-2006, 10:12 AM
lol we shoulden't be hard to find were the sexiest ninja's there.lol.

THanks for sending ur cell # Gogglegirl.

Can't wait to see u all there.

Jinmaster
02-14-2006, 07:41 AM
Hello

I am from newport news and dont post much, but I wanted some help from you.

I am planning a huge event in DC in the summer time. I wanted to encorperate a con experiance, but also have a major world tournament. My experiance with tournaments noting short of spectacular, as I worked with many companies before, and hosted events all over the US.

However, the 'con' experiace is something I am new too. I want the causal gamer to come to my event and have a great time.

I was thinking of having the following things

Cosplay Contest
Art Show
Anime stuff

I want to add more, but Again, Im not familiar with cons. If anyone can help me out, post up or hit me up on aim Det Jinmaster

Peace.

dustbunny
02-14-2006, 08:53 AM
Sounds like fun.

makotohanabi
02-15-2006, 06:15 PM
ha ha, decided to cosplay pink kimono haku on thursday. and i'll be wandering around as haku for a few hours possisbly with sasuke (not sure if he can make it). i'll see everyone at the photoshoot friday at least. :)

going staight to the metro from work, see everyone at Katsu!

dustbunny
02-15-2006, 07:50 PM
WOw Wowo WOwow mako dude u have a guy Sasuke! You got be kiding me!!! How old tell me how old!!! Is he going to the Narutoshoot!

Bagu
02-19-2006, 05:55 PM
Heh... now I feel bad I was unable to attend Katsu this year. Looks like everyone had a great time with few headaches.

Hope to see everyone at Otakon (or some sooner con) :)

LaPetiteSalope
02-19-2006, 06:32 PM
Katsucon was soooo much fun. Sorry I didn't get to see you guys! T_T
I was Rith from Magna Carta Crimson Stigmata on Friday and Sakura from CCS on Saturday.
I really hope you guys had at much fun as I did this year!

Star_Angel
02-19-2006, 09:40 PM
Katsucon this year was great! I saw a bunch of VCS people that I had already met but not to many new people yet (but I was judging all day saturday so i didnt get to walk around to much) I hope everyone had a great time!!!

dustbunny
02-20-2006, 03:50 PM
THe con was awsome but i'm sorry that i didn't make it to the shoot. I really wished that i could have.

Lycoris
02-21-2006, 11:03 AM
I went and looked for the shoot... and failed to find it. :( Was there a VCS gathering and I just didn't "see" it because I was blind or did other people have problems finding it? It was sad because I was looking forward to meeting some more people. Oh well, there's always next time!

-oh and nice meeting you Star Angel! ^^;

ArgentD
02-21-2006, 06:07 PM
I went and looked for the shoot... and failed to find it. :( Was there a VCS gathering and I just didn't "see" it because I was blind or did other people have problems finding it? It was sad because I was looking forward to meeting some more people.

I went looking for it at the time I'd written down for it in the lobby, but also failed to find it. So at least you're not the only one...

makotohanabi
02-21-2006, 06:46 PM
WOw Wowo WOwow mako dude u have a guy Sasuke! You got be kiding me!!! How old tell me how old!!! Is he going to the Narutoshoot!

no kiddding, he's 25 (i'm 28), i called him thursday and he said because of RL issues (moving, starting a new job) he couldn't make it. Still glad i could make it to the naruto photoshoot, kind of wandered into it since i thought it was held later in the day.

gogglegirl: sorry i didn't return your call, i was taking care of a sick roommate around the time you called and then my phone died. thursday was the day from heck i forgot my charger and wig. didn't check voice mail until my lunch break today.

Star_Angel
02-22-2006, 06:48 AM
I went and looked for the shoot... and failed to find it. :( Was there a VCS gathering and I just didn't "see" it because I was blind or did other people have problems finding it? It was sad because I was looking forward to meeting some more people. Oh well, there's always next time!

-oh and nice meeting you Star Angel! ^^;
Nice meeting you too Lycoris!!!!
I wasnt sure if there was a gathering either, and I read through all the post I thought, lol. Not knowing how Katsu was going to be this year (all the tme delays last year) I didnt even suggest one, and then we get to the con and alot of the stuff starts on-time pretty much! (go figure, lol). I also heard that it's in the same hotel next year so we'll know where we can meet and not have to worry about huge crowds of people! lol

Lycoris
02-22-2006, 01:28 PM
Well, at least it sounds like I didn't miss any gathering.(I showed up in the lobby at the time posted too, but didn't see anything that looked like our gathering) I'm glad! I hate feeling like I missed out on something. ^_^ Oh well, there's always next time!

Parasaurolophus
02-22-2006, 11:08 PM
hm... sorry I missed you Lycoris! Katsucon was my "late night" con this time around- between crazy work and my crazy costume, I wasn't able to get there before 5 friday and sat..... bleh.

Lycoris
02-23-2006, 07:55 AM
hm... sorry I missed you Lycoris! Katsucon was my "late night" con this time around- between crazy work and my crazy costume, I wasn't able to get there before 5 friday and sat..... bleh.

Yeah, I think you were the one person I missed seeing! and I was so looking forward to seeing your new costume. I was going to stop by your photoshoot, but I had to work. -_-; Volunteer stuff as usual. Next time!