PDA

View Full Version : Cosplaying in a park...

shiroi_yukiko
07-29-2002, 01:17 AM
I was in Tokyo recently, which is what made me think of this. Every Sunday a good number of cosplayers get together and hang out at this one park in Tokyo. Wouldn't it be fun to do that somewhere? My friend and I are moving to NYC for college soon, so we were actually thinking about it... (there's really no point in bothering where we are now, as there is no decent sized park to lurk in)

Ayaka
07-29-2002, 01:25 AM
It sounds like fun! Only thing is . . . err . . . personally I don't think wearing costumes around NYC is a good idea. I mean, I'm not saying, "ah! you're gonna get attacked!". I'm just saying, New Yorkers are not easily fazed but it would draw a lot of attention, and I'm not sure all of it would be positive. I think a cosplayer gathering is a good idea, just . . . don't do it in Central Park. lol. I don't know, maybe I'm being silly . . . but I'm going to AXNY, and I'm going to the trouble of changing when I get to the hotel cause I don't think riding the subway as Sanzo would be well-advised.

shiroi_yukiko
07-29-2002, 01:56 AM
I wouldn't even think of doing it in Central Park... I know how it is with negative attention though. **; Not much fun. More than my share of that... I don't know that I'd actually do this anyway. It takes me too long to get ready in my costumes and I like being "on display" for people who appreciate it in the proper way. ^_^ It is a fun idea though!

Yggdrasil Pie
07-29-2002, 02:17 AM
Wai!!! That sounds so cool!! Need more places to cosplay... ^^
Too bad I live no where near New York...

Kurenai
08-07-2002, 10:30 PM
I wish there was someplace for me to cosplay with a bunch of other people.....I live out in Suburbia and I'm 8 hours away from NYC O.o

ME-MANIA-Sama
08-07-2002, 11:43 PM
Tokyo has it's own little Cosplay Cafe place.... it's just a coffee bar where everybody cosplays!

L to the 3rd
08-07-2002, 11:46 PM
Yea J cosplayers cosplay at the err Yuyogi (sp?) park..
I didn't have time to hang around there to see the last
time I was in Japan...

but hey.. local so cal cosplayers sometimes
cosplay at Arcade Infinity here in RH. We usually
hang out in costumes after cosplay events in J-town.

Space Invader
08-07-2002, 11:52 PM
*whines* i wanna go to Tokyo... when I get out of college I'm going! NO ONE WILL STOP ME!!! *bwah ha ha ha*. Ok, enough of that. The Cosplay Cafe thing sounds really cool! They need to have things like that here... I guess most Americans just aren't as accepting of that stuff. Bah.