PDA

View Full Version : cross-play suuggestions for a large guy needed

JoeBoeing
02-09-2003, 08:47 PM
Greetings all,

I'm wondering what would be a good cross-play costume for a large guy weighing 333 pounds and has a 57 inch waist? I'm 5 foot 10 inches tall for further info.

I'm actially planning a Chun Li costume but that will probibly happen next year because I want to get down to a XL shirt size before I do it.

make up takes very well to me so I'm not worried about being able to pass as a women (infact, when I save people mistake me for a gal all the time).

I don't want anything to showy and no spandex or latex/PVC/Vynil stuff.

I'm still new at sewing. but I'm getting better.

Thanks,
Joe

Nine
02-09-2003, 11:42 PM
Just crossplay any of your favorite female characters that fit within the limits you set. Some characters that wear quite a bit could be possibly Lina Inverse (sp?) from Slayers.. or Dejiko from Digicharat? ^^;

Hikaruchan
02-10-2003, 12:00 AM
Lina actually can be hard to pull off for a larger sized person.

Dejiko can look good on a larger frame, and so can some of Sakura's CCS costumes. Cute, fluffy costumes seem to work the best of what I have seen.

RoseDuelist
02-10-2003, 12:04 AM
Kikyo, Rei, or any priestess you can think of. They all have big BIG robes. But personally, I don't care. I mean, I saw a Yuna with a beer belly and a Dijiko with a beard so don't stress it. ^_^

MikigamiTokiya
02-10-2003, 12:08 AM
In Photon you could cosplay photon + aun's older sister. might be kind of a b$## to find a picture unless you actually go out and buy the dvd but she's a much bigger and violent version of Aun. very nice though ^^

JoeBoeing
02-10-2003, 12:50 AM
Greetings again,

I don't want to look like a guy in a girls outfit. I'd like the challenge of trying to pass as a female.

Here are a few I'd love to do:

Miaka (Jr. High school uniform - Fushigi Yuugi)
Chun Li (Origional outfit and Alpha outfit - Street Fighter)
Kagome (Inu Yasha)
Sakura (cardcaptor Sakura - an easy yet good looking outfit)
Shampo ( waitress outfit - Ranma 1/2)

I know I'll never get pleates so I'll have to comision a couple of those.

I'd love to do neko sakura from CCS.

What do you suggest I do?

FRom,
Joe

soshi
02-10-2003, 03:17 PM
-shave, shave, shave, shave. any bit of skin exposed should be hairless. a lot guys have a tendancy to have noticeable hair on the arms and upper back, so make sure you get everything. hair in places that girls do not have hair is a dead give-away, and not very attractive.

-wear a dance belt (this goes for any guy cosplaying either a girl or something with tight pants. for the love of god, wear a dance belt. there's some things we simply do not need to see).

- dancetights. regaurdless of weight, I think everyone should wear dance tights if at all possible. it simply looks.. cleaner.

-proportional waist and chest ~ I know some guys don't need to wear fake boobs, just re-arrange themselves with the aid of a girdle and bra. there's no need to overdo it, however, as enourmous breasts can look very fake.

-move like a girl, and pose like a girl. most guys walk and stand and sit (ect) very different from most girls. observe how girls move around, and how you do, and see what you can do to be more girly. *lol*

I'm not feeling too hot right now and that's all that I'm thinking of. I hope that helps a bit. ^^;

*edit* I forgot to talk about makeup!

I would get some heavy-duty foundation that matches your skincolor. go to the makeup section in the mall and have them help you ~ no need to pretend you're gay or anything, just tell them what you want and why. you'll need something that will cover up any 5'oclock shadows, ect. also invest in eyeshadow, eyeliner, lipliner, lipstick, blush, masquera (or fake eyelashes, if masquera doesn't cut it), ect. get someone to show you how to put it all one, and see what colors look good on you, then practice practice practice! even girls have a hard time putting makeup on correctly if they've never done it before. every time I plan a new costume, I practice putting on makeup for it before I go to the con, so I know what my face will look like in that costume.

aahh.. sleepy. *falls over.. then goes back to work putting stamps on cards... ooo, exciting*

Menchi
02-11-2003, 04:29 AM
oooh oh ooooh ya can do a petit charat, she is not really all that curvy an is an easy cosplay ^^; maybe milly thompson from trigun...umm i really cant think of many chars beyond that. aybe i can later? ^^;;;

Evil ColSanders
02-11-2003, 04:35 AM
Just do something outrageous like sailor moon or faye valentine!

K_Valentine
02-11-2003, 04:48 AM
Originally posted by Evil ColSanders
Just do something outrageous like sailor moon or faye valentine!

EEK! remembers the Man-Faye at AX 02. For some reason my pic of him got messed up when it got developed.

Hikaruchan
02-11-2003, 11:17 AM
Could try Filia from Slayers, her cape would help cover lack of curves

soshi
02-11-2003, 12:54 PM
dude, he's got a list of characters up there already. ^^;

JoeBoeing
02-11-2003, 01:09 PM
Well most of my list I can't pull off convicingly til I lose weight.

milly thompson? Anyone have a good pic of her? I don't know digicharat that well so who is petit charat?

Filia is an innteresting choice but I'm not sure about the tights... my wight thigh is a good 6 inches larger than my left from my motorcycle accident and I tghink that wouldn't look to good.

I'd love to do SAilor Venus at some point but I'll wait til I'm at least a XXL (XL preferred) in shirt size.

Keep the suggestions comnming?

I've noticed that characters with a lot of petticoats help a person of large size look chibi. What do you think?

FRom,
Joe

Menchi
02-11-2003, 05:04 PM
the milly thompson is nice as it is very nice as it drapes alot so things wouldnt be to o much an issue with the waist thing.
http://www.pafko.com/melanie/millie02.jpg

for petit charat i think it coudl work out well as she has a costume that woudl make ya look chibi ^^;; granted this is the plushy of her but is agood pic ^^;;
http://www.kanegon.com/ufo/plush/d/dgc-3.jpg

here is one of the whole female cast (from left to right) rabi en rose, dejiko (that woudl be a good one to do also?) an petit charat

http://quicksitebuilder.cnet.com/michiru1/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/dg3.jpg

i woudl need mroe tiume to thing of chars aht could be done an be convincing ^^;; i have my own hurdles on convincing that will be toughm but next time hope ya like the suggestions? ^^:;

Karisu-sama
02-18-2003, 01:01 AM
Corsets = pain to be in, but help appearances a lot.

Yes, there ARE corsets for guys, and of course there are also corsets for large women.... - look into what will rearrange your proportions to a more feminine appearance.

Well-made, well-fitting ones can be pricey if you don't know how to make them yourself. (You want STEEL boning, trust me.) You will probably need someone to help you in and out of it.

Reiko
02-18-2003, 07:30 PM
NAGA FROM THE SLAYERS!!!! SHe's like wearing nothing at all!

John Booty
02-19-2003, 06:32 AM
Originally posted by JoeBoeing
I'm wondering what would be a good cross-play costume for a large guy weighing 333 pounds and has a 57 inch waist? I'm 5 foot 10 inches tall for further info.

I'm actially planning a Chun Li costume but that will probibly happen next year because I want to get down to a XL shirt size before I do it.

Haha, that's either going to be the very best thing ever, or the very worst! Best o' luck, you can do it. XD

Don't do Milly, though. One guy crossplaying Milly is probably much more than the world needs. Yep that's me!

http://www.bootyproject.org/me/katsu/milly1.jpg
http://www.bootyproject.org/me/katsu/milly2.jpg

Shonen_Star
03-08-2003, 11:49 PM
I don't know about which characters....but I've always thought that "bigger" men look more feminine and soft than skinny men.

Nine
03-09-2003, 05:32 AM
Originally posted by Reiko
NAGA FROM THE SLAYERS!!!! SHe's like wearing nothing at all!

Like how the world only needs one crossplaying milly, the world definately, DEFINATELY only needs one crossplaying Naga.. XD

http://nine3k1.ods.org/picsmarch2003/naga2.jpg

Pendrell
03-09-2003, 01:04 PM
:D Nine, you are teh greatest Naga. EVER. You've got the pose and the.. boobies.. and everything. *lol*

Nine
03-11-2003, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by Pendrell
:D Nine, you are teh greatest Naga. EVER. You've got the pose and the.. boobies.. and everything. *lol*

hehe! thank you so much! XD