PDA

View Full Version : AnimeFEST 2006

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

TransurrealisTristan
12-17-2005, 05:44 PM
As AnimeFEST 2006 is coming,I thought that I'd be the first one to post this thread up.What are you going as for this con?

I'm going as:

Enzan Iijuin(Rockman.EXE)
Phantom Thief Dark(D.N.Angel)
Meiru Sakurai(Rockman.EXE)
Edward Elric(Fullmetal Alchemist)

Thanks and happy cosplaying to all!XD

Lykaios
12-17-2005, 07:01 PM
Ooh! The Malice Mizer group is going! All new skits, costumes, and yayness all around! :rockon:

Syphon
12-18-2005, 12:30 AM
If I go (this is a big IF, but still...), I'll either be Advent Children Cloud, or Maes Hughes (FMA).

Depends on which costume I have the hair for. Odds are I'll still have my Cloud hair from A-Kon.

TransurrealisTristan
12-19-2005, 08:49 PM
I didn't Malice Mizer was coming to Dallas!Thanks for the heads up!Plus,if you're going as a Rockman.EXE character(and this is still an idea),I was thinking of doing a photoshoot with people cosplay as characters from the series,then we can get together and perform some songs from The EDGE!Any takers,then?

Syphon
12-28-2005, 01:23 AM
I didn't Malice Mizer was coming to Dallas!Thanks for the heads up!Plus,if you're going as a Rockman.EXE character(and this is still an idea),I was thinking of doing a photoshoot with people cosplay as characters from the series,then we can get together and perform some songs from The EDGE!Any takers,then?

I think he meant a cosplay group....dunno if they're actually gonna be there....doubt it.

AoKoneko
12-28-2005, 03:59 PM
I plan on wearing an mermaid costume I still have in the works. I'm so excited about it though. Its my first time putting this much detail into an costume. Everything is being all done by hand. NO MACHINE help o.o. So far its looking like it did in my dream. XD
I'll first be wearing it as Ushi con though v,v.

OH doea anyone have an room at AF. My friend & i need an place to stay for the con. My friend lives 4 hours away & i like 1 1/2. So hahah ya right driving each day to AF. XD. Hope someone can help us out? Thank you
See you at AF 06 and Ushi 06

Kikala
01-08-2006, 11:30 PM
I'm not sure if I'll be going, I probably will...

I'll probably be Kakashi again (I think Kakashi will like be my trademark costume until I wear it out... I love it so much)
AC Tifa
And whatever else I make by then.

Yeah. I hope that I'll have some money by then to stay at the hotel and pay for a membership without volunteering. That's what volunteering for A-Kon is for. XD

SchizoIori
01-09-2006, 02:01 AM
Well you can find me working in the art Gallery in either Ail (from sailor moon) Seong mina SCIII 2p costume, or my EGL itachi. Perhaps amano tifa will make one more con.

Anna
01-09-2006, 02:28 AM
Sailor Saturn, Fairy Yuna (KH 2) , and maybe the Wizard from Wicked if I can afford it.

TransurrealisTristan
01-13-2006, 08:07 PM
Well you can find me working in the art Gallery in either Ail (from sailor moon) Seong mina SCIII 2p costume, or my EGL itachi. Perhaps amano tifa will make one more con.

Hey!Nice to meet another volunteer!I'm gonna try to volunteer and I'm gonna sell all my art @ the Art Gallery,so please try to find me!:bigcry:

Also,wanna hang out with me after your shift?:)

Rika Nakamura
01-13-2006, 09:40 PM
I'll probably go in whatever I don't finish in time for A-kon.

SchizoIori- You're going to go as Ail? Eee! I love you so much! I'm definitly going to go see you. XD Ail is like, my favorite. :3

thefinal
01-13-2006, 10:43 PM
Hopefully going as Dita from Chobits ^^;;

That is as long as I can learn to sew and get it made

xD

LilyChan
01-14-2006, 06:26 PM
I might go n.n As Kagura or something...I'm not sure. XD;

Kikala
01-14-2006, 10:42 PM
I might volunteer. It all depends on how much I have for A-Kon and what's left of it...

thefinal
01-15-2006, 12:10 AM
I might volunteer. It all depends on how much I have for A-Kon and what's left of it...

That's what I do. I work with Victor in Vendor Liason/Dealer's Room

TransurrealisTristan
01-15-2006, 08:23 PM
Oh yeah.I'd like to also know if there will be any SSBM,FMA or Rockman.EXE/Megaman NT Warrior cosplayers going to AnimeFEST this year.

SchizoIori
02-08-2006, 01:44 AM
Hey!Nice to meet another volunteer!I'm gonna try to volunteer and I'm gonna sell all my art @ the Art Gallery,so please try to find me!:bigcry:

Also,wanna hang out with me after your shift?:)
It might be hard to find me after shift. I've been working art gallery for 4 yrs now and it's tons of work, but I'll definitely keep an eye out.

I'll probably go in whatever I don't finish in time for A-kon.

SchizoIori- You're going to go as Ail? Eee! I love you so much! I'm definitly going to go see you. XD Ail is like, my favorite. :3

I'm going to try really hard to get it done in time for A-FEST. He's my fave sailor moon villain.

Lykaios
02-18-2006, 05:13 PM
I think he meant a cosplay group....dunno if they're actually gonna be there....doubt it.
Considering the band itself broke up in 2001, and Kami (drummer) is resting in his grave...we are a cosplaying group. We went last year and had an awesome time. So..we are returning. =)

TransurrealisTristan
03-03-2006, 08:32 PM
As you may know,I'm trying to pinpoint a good date,time and location for a Megaman/Rockman photoshoot.Do you guys have any tips on how to set it up?thanks!

Amaya De'Morte
03-04-2006, 01:58 PM
I'll be dressed as a character from a short story in the one-shot Manga, Glass wings. ^^

and probably alot of other things. One costume for a convention? -gasp- nevar.

SchizoIori
03-21-2006, 03:11 PM
Ok I think I have my list for A-fest settled out unless a costume doesn't get done of I get asked to bring a different one. It should be
Ail- Sailor Moon Villain
Steena- Chrono Cross
Seong Mina- Soul Calibur III
EGL Itachi
Lucemon- Digimon frontier (this is a heavy heavy maybe I don't think I'll have his 14 wings done)

Kikala
03-29-2006, 06:25 PM
Here's my costumes:
AC Tifa Lockheart
ANBU Kakashi (hopefully)
Hatake Kakashi
AND... uh... 0.o;;; I'll figure it out. I might just do two or three. But AC Tifa and Hatake Kakashi are a definate. Well, depending on a wig delima, I might not do Kakashi, but... I'm going to try and get something better then faux fur for a wig. 0.o; *prods Kakashi gallery* Yes... my improv is hilarious. XD
But, if all else fails, KIBA! I have brown hair that I can just tie up, and wear it in a pony tail, so I wouldn't have to get a wig. :P

Oh... and I'll bring wolf Toboe, but only if people still want to see it. This would be the costumes 4th convention. 0.o; And yeah, I just need to remake it.

YoshidaEri
03-29-2006, 08:05 PM
If I'm still in the area I'll definetly be going :) No clue about costumes yet though.

Cat-Chans
03-30-2006, 12:13 AM
D:
I want to go to Afest
I really really do
but I can only do it if I can volunteer
and they won't update their website.
Dose anyone know if they're still taking volunteer apps?

If I DO get to go, chances are I won't make a new costume for it considering my Sakura costume won't get much play at A-kon. If I did make a new one it would probably be Chii from chobits, the 5th manga cover dress.

ZakuKitty
03-30-2006, 01:07 AM
Well the only costumes I know for sure I would have would be from A-Kon. I shall list them when I know what I can finish by then. XD

Cat-Chans
03-30-2006, 04:51 PM
Well, I e-mailed the con to see about volunteering
AND
they're taking apps, the webmasters just lazy
SO
I'll be going now
(:

Tenya Muyo
03-31-2006, 01:00 AM
Wow, you guys are already thinking about A-fest so soon?! Sugoi ney! Well, I want to go, but that depends on certain circumstances. Ah well; will cross that bridge sometime after A-kon. I do know that (if money holds up) I'll have either Hisoka from the Hunter X Hunter musicals ready, or a certain "usaigi-girl" from Densha Otoko series. ^_^ Depends.....

Amaya-san: Did you volunteer for Ushicon earlier this year?? If so, remember me?! :D

SchizoIori
04-18-2006, 02:52 PM
I do know for people worried about money that the rooms are much cheaper than a-kon. They're like 85 dollars a night on the AFEST block. just for your info.

YoshidaEri
04-25-2006, 03:38 PM
I hope there is an FMA gathering/photoshoot. AnimeFest is my goal to have my Riza Hawkeye costume completed by :)

TransurrealisTristan
04-25-2006, 09:18 PM
-_- Went to the site this week and they said the money I paid for my ticket is void!I did everything right!WTF is going on here?Got to call them up this week...*twitch*

I may change my costume lineup and replace my Meiru outfit with Haruko Haruhara.*trying to locate stuffs*

*sigh*Only a few months after A-Kon.O_o If this starts up during school,I'm going to twitch again.

Chibi Ice Wolf
04-29-2006, 06:26 PM
I'm not sure what I'm wearing yet but I'll be there! (o' _')b Any requests? XD

Kikala
04-30-2006, 06:27 PM
-_- Went to the site this week and they said the money I paid for my ticket is void!I did everything right!WTF is going on here?Got to call them up this week...*twitch*

I may change my costume lineup and replace my Meiru outfit with Haruko Haruhara.*trying to locate stuffs*

*sigh*Only a few months after A-Kon.O_o If this starts up during school,I'm going to twitch again.

Mine is too! If you're doing a money order thing it should be allowed up for 30 days... they waited two weeks and mine got void (I was waiting to get paid... -.-)

But is the site right in saying that all volunteer spots are already taken!? *dies* Oh well...

SchizoIori
04-30-2006, 11:03 PM
Mine is too! If you're doing a money order thing it should be allowed up for 30 days... they waited two weeks and mine got void (I was waiting to get paid... -.-)

But is the site right in saying that all volunteer spots are already taken!? *dies* Oh well...

They haven't updated in forever. I emailed one of the staff because I was concerned about loosing my place on art staff since they hadn't posted a form. They post one up every year and even current volunteers have to fill them out. Just keep checking back. It should hopefully be posted soon. It's ths same procedure as it's been for the past 4 years and since I've been on staff.

Etsu
05-01-2006, 02:55 PM
Wow, you guys are already thinking about A-fest so soon?!
Considering that Shiokazecon is finished and I can't go to A-kon, I'm just planning ahead. ^_~

I'm not sure if I'll be able to go (depends on whether I go home that weekend) so I don't have any cosplays in mind. However, if I do make it, my brother will be coming along and we'll probably coordinate something.

TransurrealisTristan
05-02-2006, 08:32 PM
I checked the site recently and they got my payment.Mom called up and the lady said she had a cold,so orders were held back.Money orders should be paid up by now.

SchizoIori
05-08-2006, 12:10 PM

You should bring your Aeris costume. *wink wink nudge nudge* I'd like to have a small Final Fantasy group picture in one of my Tifa costumes. Besides I already have a Cloud.

Mucai
05-09-2006, 12:21 AM
How about Cure White ;P:bigtu:
Dark Merc is always good too.

Syphon
05-10-2006, 10:23 PM
I might be able to go (as either Hughes or another cosplay I'm planning), and I'm wondering...Do they have any guests planned? At all? I havent seen/heard anything.

Cat-Chans
05-11-2006, 04:40 AM
Yeah...they're website is a little...
not updated ever
Their guest list is from 2004
D:

They really need a forum

thefinal
05-11-2006, 03:09 PM
I work for a-FEST and right now, we're just really pushed with stuff until A-kon time. I'm not sure what the other departments are doing about guests and otherwise right now, but I can tell you, most of that won't be confirmed until sometime this summer. I can probably find out some information, but of course none of it will be confirmed until later. I have a meeting next Thursday with one of the a-FEST guys (my boss-guy) and I'll see what he knows and give a small update.

I'll also see if I can talk about starting a forum at animefest.org, but it'll only be a suggestion to AF, no promises.

Syphon
05-11-2006, 11:28 PM
Thanks! I would love to go, as you've had great guests in previous years, but I'd still want to know one or two before pre-registering. I can udnerstand why it's been taking a while though, so no problems.

I'm looking forward to seeing it!

Chibi Ice Wolf
05-12-2006, 12:30 AM
You should bring your Aeris costume. *wink wink nudge nudge* I'd like to have a small Final Fantasy group picture in one of my Tifa costumes. Besides I already have a Cloud.

Well I'm bringing it to A-kon for group pics and over the summer with my friends in Arizona who have FFAC costumes...I might retire her after that. I'm not sure. I'm dying to cut my hair! XD

How about Cure White ;P:bigtu:
Dark Merc is always good too.
LOL Yeah she is cute XD I've never seen Pretty Cure though. Gotta figure out Dark Merc's sword first. x.x I definitely want to bring one form of Mercury to A-fest. ^^

Mucai
05-12-2006, 01:30 AM
LOL Yeah she is cute XD I've never seen Pretty Cure though. I could give you everything I have when I'm over there next if you want. Gotta figure out Dark Merc's sword first. x.x I definitely want to bring one form of Mercury to A-fest. ^^ maybe this might help? http://members.cosplay.com/costume/12764/

Cat-Chans
05-12-2006, 02:49 AM
I work for a-FEST and right now, we're just really pushed with stuff until A-kon time. I'm not sure what the other departments are doing about guests and otherwise right now, but I can tell you, most of that won't be confirmed until sometime this summer. I can probably find out some information, but of course none of it will be confirmed until later. I have a meeting next Thursday with one of the a-FEST guys (my boss-guy) and I'll see what he knows and give a small update.

I'll also see if I can talk about starting a forum at animefest.org, but it'll only be a suggestion to AF, no promises.
Thanks a lot for suggesting the forums.

TransurrealisTristan
05-12-2006, 08:56 PM
The volunteer page is now open,so you can now bombard the site with your application to be a volunteer for AnimeFEST 2006!Any ideas on how to hold a photoshoot for this con?I was thinking of doing 2 instead,one on Saturday at 2:30 pm. with an orientation at 2 pm and another one on Sunday at 4:30 pm. with an orientation at 4 pm.

Of course,they are Rockman/Megaman oriented.:) Also,how can I enter the costume contest?^^ Gotta enter.

thefinal
05-12-2006, 08:59 PM
Typically when it gets closer to time if there isn't a form online, there's an on-site registration for the costume contest.

Kikala
05-12-2006, 11:26 PM
w00t! Submitted my volunteer application. I was wondering which one was helping out with registration... Bah... I gave up and decided to go with something else. ^^;;; I dunno, I've just always loved helping out with registration... for some unknown reason (Is a huge people person when surrounded by fellow con-goers)

Cat-Chans
05-13-2006, 02:00 AM
XD
I went to register to Volunteer the other day and had the same problem. I e-mailed them and asked what some of the jobs were, and what to register for to help with reg...and I still haven't gotten anything back
WHICH is why I came here.

Has anyone ever volunteered and know what the following departments entail?
Guest Relations
Operations
Hospitality

also
Do you need to register, or is volunteering all you need to do to ensure a badge?

thefinal
05-13-2006, 06:12 PM
You're picked for volunteering and again, it will take some time before you're fully reviewed. If you are picked, it ensures your badge and if you're 18, it ensures crash space (if needed). I work with vendor liason but I can find out some other information for you on the other jobs.

Hospitality is really easy though - all you do is make lunches for all the vendors and we come pick them up for you. The guy that runs that department is awesome and if you want a bit of a lazy job, that'd be the one to do. However, when it comes to making all the lunches, you have to be quick about it. I had an assembly line going last year on Sunday because of getting the lunches out on Saturday so late XD

Kikala
05-13-2006, 07:30 PM
You're picked for volunteering and again, it will take some time before you're fully reviewed. If you are picked, it ensures your badge and if you're 18, it ensures crash space (if needed). I work with vendor liason but I can find out some other information for you on the other jobs.

Hospitality is really easy though - all you do is make lunches for all the vendors and we come pick them up for you. The guy that runs that department is awesome and if you want a bit of a lazy job, that'd be the one to do. However, when it comes to making all the lunches, you have to be quick about it. I had an assembly line going last year on Sunday because of getting the lunches out on Saturday so late XD
Thanks for the info... wow... I have such a bad memory I forgot if I put down hospitality or not. XD I think I did... probably as my second choice. *shrug* Ah well.
I was also wondering that if we are 18 and we need the rooms to stay there, were we supposed to mention it in the comments box. I'm just paranoid because going from the A-Kon volunteer form to the AnimeFest, the Afest one is really short, so I was just wondering about that bit. Cause, I know I'm going to need it. Even though I'm 18, the parents wouldn't let me drive back and forth because it's too much gas money and it takes to long.

thefinal
05-13-2006, 08:51 PM
Thanks for the info... wow... I have such a bad memory I forgot if I put down hospitality or not. XD I think I did... probably as my second choice. *shrug* Ah well.
I was also wondering that if we are 18 and we need the rooms to stay there, were we supposed to mention it in the comments box. I'm just paranoid because going from the A-Kon volunteer form to the AnimeFest, the Afest one is really short, so I was just wondering about that bit. Cause, I know I'm going to need it. Even though I'm 18, the parents wouldn't let me drive back and forth because it's too much gas money and it takes to long.

Okay. You can request in the comment box if you want but when AF is closer to date, you have days that you will have to meet up at the hotel and you'll get with the group that you're volunteering for. It will be more than one day, and it's simple to take the DART or the TRE, typically they hold meetings on Saturdays. You can ask about crash space then (if you didn't put it down) with your "boss" - head of whatever department you'll be working for.
When I started with Vendor Liason last year, I had meetings with Victor at different times, it just depends on who the head of your department is, but most of them like to set aside time to meet with their volunteers to discuss things. This is another time that they will mention it because when they write down your hours, they will ask you if you need crash space.

Does this all make sense? If you have any other questions let me know and I'll do my best to answer them.

Kikala
05-13-2006, 10:36 PM
Okay. You can request in the comment box if you want but when AF is closer to date, you have days that you will have to meet up at the hotel and you'll get with the group that you're volunteering for. It will be more than one day, and it's simple to take the DART or the TRE, typically they hold meetings on Saturdays. You can ask about crash space then (if you didn't put it down) with your "boss" - head of whatever department you'll be working for.
When I started with Vendor Liason last year, I had meetings with Victor at different times, it just depends on who the head of your department is, but most of them like to set aside time to meet with their volunteers to discuss things. This is another time that they will mention it because when they write down your hours, they will ask you if you need crash space.

Does this all make sense? If you have any other questions let me know and I'll do my best to answer them.
Yeah that helps a lot. Thanks! I just get a bit paranoid if I don't have something confirmed like 6 months before hand. Ok, so like a month or so. So, I just have to make sure to tell them I need crash space.
And yes... that made perfect sense. ^^ At least for me, because I don't make sense half of the time!

~otaku-hime~
05-13-2006, 10:49 PM
does any1 have a group thats going

Kikala
05-13-2006, 11:45 PM
We'll have a few groups. an AC group, Kingdom Hearts group, Fruits Basket and a Naruto group. At least, we hope to. ^^

LilyChan
05-13-2006, 11:47 PM
I might volenteer although I'm not quite sure on what I want to do.. XD;; In any case, there's a big chance I might go. I doubt it, but... -shrugs-

I might be:

- Momo from Peach Girl -- definate if I do go.

thefinal
05-14-2006, 10:57 AM
Yeah that helps a lot. Thanks! I just get a bit paranoid if I don't have something confirmed like 6 months before hand. Ok, so like a month or so. So, I just have to make sure to tell them I need crash space.
And yes... that made perfect sense. ^^ At least for me, because I don't make sense half of the time!

You more than likely won't know about if you're picked for volunteering until sometime throughout the summer. The meetings won't be until August. So you've still got quite a bit of time. It's only us that are volunteers in the long run that have to do all the work beforehand XD And trust me, don't get involved in it, it's a big ball of stress. Volunteer for AF, then go on your merrily way, and do it again the next year if you want, but in between help...is at your own risk and your own choice. O__O;; I don't wanna get into it :D If you do get chosen for AF though and work hospitality, I'll be seeing you :)

thefinal
05-14-2006, 10:58 AM
I don't know if I want to go with a group for AF or if I want to do a duo with a friend or something. I really want to cosplay Dita from Chobits and have a friend or someone else I know be Zima/Jima.

Kikala
05-14-2006, 03:45 PM
I don't know if I want to go with a group for AF or if I want to do a duo with a friend or something. I really want to cosplay Dita from Chobits and have a friend or someone else I know be Zima/Jima.
That would be cool! Me and a friend might end up going as light and dark chii. I'd be Freya... I think that's what we decided.

Kikala
05-14-2006, 03:47 PM
You more than likely won't know about if you're picked for volunteering until sometime throughout the summer. The meetings won't be until August. So you've still got quite a bit of time. It's only us that are volunteers in the long run that have to do all the work beforehand XD And trust me, don't get involved in it, it's a big ball of stress. Volunteer for AF, then go on your merrily way, and do it again the next year if you want, but in between help...is at your own risk and your own choice. O__O;; I don't wanna get into it :D If you do get chosen for AF though and work hospitality, I'll be seeing you :)
I think this is the only year I'll be volunteer anywhere, I might be volunteering for A-Kon next year, then again... it's more expensive. It all depends on how much I like it. ^^ Thanks for all your help.

thefinal
05-14-2006, 07:31 PM
I think this is the only year I'll be volunteer anywhere, I might be volunteering for A-Kon next year, then again... it's more expensive. It all depends on how much I like it. ^^ Thanks for all your help.

Not a problem, just PM me if you have any more questions, I hate hogging the thread about staff info ><;;

Cat-Chans
05-14-2006, 08:54 PM
If I can hand embroyder uber fast I could end up having my Chii cosplay done in time (and if I can aford that dang wig)

thefinal
05-14-2006, 09:06 PM
Ahhhh!!! If you do Chii and if I do Dita can I get a picture with you?????

TransurrealisTristan
05-14-2006, 09:57 PM
In concordance to the cosplay groups,I'm hoping that my Megaman/Rockman group will be at AnimeFEST,so we can do another shoot or 2.However...I think one of our cosplayers is leaving Dallas after A-Kon,so I'll have to double check my notes.

Also,since it's 4 days,I'm thinking of going with either a DNAngel group or FMA group.Dunno if I want to.

4 months left.^^:bigtu:

Kikala
05-14-2006, 10:48 PM
Yeah! I'm so excited! Whee! We'd all have to get pictures together, three chii's and a dita! XD What would Dita do! XP;; Yeah... I'm random. 0.o;

But, I'm probably also going to go as KH2 Kairi, in her pink dress... if I ever get that blasted keyblade done. XD;; Strange how I'm working on that before the actual costume. Probably because I know I can make the costume (it's simple compared to a lot of other things I've done), but I've never made a weapon... so it'll be interesting to see how it turns out. XD

thefinal
05-15-2006, 09:53 PM
That would be cool! Me and a friend might end up going as light and dark chii. I'd be Freya... I think that's what we decided.

If I can manage to pull of Dita in time for A-FEST I'd love to take pictures with some Chii(s) and Freya(s) if possible :]

thefinal
05-15-2006, 09:54 PM
Yeah! I'm so excited! Whee! We'd all have to get pictures together, three chii's and a dita! XD What would Dita do! XP;; Yeah... I'm random. 0.o;

But, I'm probably also going to go as KH2 Kairi, in her pink dress... if I ever get that blasted keyblade done. XD;; Strange how I'm working on that before the actual costume. Probably because I know I can make the costume (it's simple compared to a lot of other things I've done), but I've never made a weapon... so it'll be interesting to see how it turns out. XD

Dita will try to hunt you or something O_O;; lol. I'm not quite sure how that would work out actually hahahhaa - guess I should've thought about that first XD

thefinal
05-18-2006, 08:44 PM
Okay guys, here's the update - for those of you that filled out your volunteer forms - don't expect to hear anything soon. You won't get replies back until early or mid July but no later than August. I'd like to get a response of who all requested to volunteer at AF and I would like to know what departments you volunteered for.

I talked a bit about the website and changing it around...well...the chairman of AF likes things to be his way or the highway, but we are trying to change the website...because well...it just sucks. I've discussed the forum option, but again, the chairman guy isn't the easiest person to work with. Lol. He has a funny way of organizing things. I guess it's just because I know him a bit.

As for guests, there was only one confirmation so far and more were being contacted but unconfirmed. The one that was confirmed though was a name I don't remember..except for the word "Bear". Seriously, the name was weird and it just didn't stay in my mind. I will be getting small updates on guests though.

As for now guys, sorry, you'll have to stick to the thread on here to talk about AF stuff unless I can start up a side forum myself and see if I can get Robert to pass it as the official AF Forums.

Lastly, if you need descriptions on different departments to volunteer in, just PM me or respond in here and I'll get back to you as quickly as you can. Victor said he'd help me work with you guys and I'll do the best I can ~,~;;

Hope this is all helpful. Sorry for the long post.

TransurrealisTristan
05-18-2006, 09:01 PM
Okay.Why not we talk about who we're going as for AnimeFEST instead?Here's mine:

Friday-Dark Yuna(FFX OC)
Saturday-Edward Elric(FMA)
Sunday-Enzan Iijuin(Rockman.EXE)
Monday-Lady(DMC 3)

thefinal
05-18-2006, 09:03 PM
We can still talk about both y'know. I'm not trying to hog the thread but there were a lot of questions I was just trying to answer and help with. No need to be rude u.u;;

Kikala
05-18-2006, 10:32 PM
We can still talk about both y'know. I'm not trying to hog the thread but there were a lot of questions I was just trying to answer and help with. No need to be rude u.u;;
I think it's just going to be easier for me to PM ya everything... cause ya... it just would be. XD So expect a PM from me shortly.

Cat-Chans
05-19-2006, 12:36 AM
WELL
I may have found an ubercheap base wig for Chii...I'm waiting for a reply from the seller.
If this is the case I'll definatly speed up the production of the costume.

BUT
If I don't have Chii done for Afest I won't have any new costumes. Since I'm only going to A-kon for 2 days I'll just use A-fest as an oprotunity to wear those costumes more

I know for a fact I'll be bringing my Sakura from CCS and my EGL Gir with me.
Other than that I'm not sure...

Iwakuralain16
05-19-2006, 04:19 PM

I don't think ACME-Rian was trying to come off as being rude, this is a forum about cosplaying and no one really elected you to be a Animefest Spokesperson and if people are going they generally find out things through thier website. I know this being your 2nd time volunteering at Animefest and it is exciting, but let Animefest announce guest information and volunteering information on thier website. They usually have a dinky forum that no one really uses on thier site, they might have done away with it becuase, well, no one used it. If they get a new one, then they do. trying to run a con and release information that doesnt need to be released yet is a good way to get your volunteer head and yourself in trouble :-/

Anyways. Costumes for animefest so far are: Yumi(chobits), ukyo(need okonomiyaki spatulas lol) and... thats it >_< maybe more later... i sometimes have costumes that i never get around to wearing(Yumi costume needs to be worn soon...) lol

~otaku-hime~
05-19-2006, 05:02 PM
is any1 going as shikamaru

thefinal
05-19-2006, 05:07 PM
I don't think ACME-Rian was trying to come off as being rude, this is a forum about cosplaying and no one really elected you to be a Animefest Spokesperson and if people are going they generally find out things through thier website. I know this being your 2nd time volunteering at Animefest and it is exciting, but let Animefest announce guest information and volunteering information on thier website. They usually have a dinky forum that no one really uses on thier site, they might have done away with it becuase, well, no one used it. If they get a new one, then they do. trying to run a con and release information that doesnt need to be released yet is a good way to get your volunteer head and yourself in trouble :-/

I'm only giving out information I'm allowed to give out. You always take things the wrong way, I'm not excited about volunteering for 2 years now, I'm just trying to be helpful to those that mention certain things about volunteering. If I was told that I'm allowed to release information, then I don't see the problem. However, the website is never updated and isn't going to change anytime soon. Don't hand me crap that I can't discuss certain things because I guarantee you if someone were to ask YOU on things about A-kon, as long as you're allowed to release the information, you would. Meh.

Iwakuralain16
05-19-2006, 09:40 PM
There was no need for that TheFinal. You could have easily PMed me that reply which is what i ask for you as of now if you want to go into this any further. If anyone else is wondering why Animefest is slow at updating thier webpage, unlike other conventions it is run as a "non-profit social club" and those tend to not have as much help as other conventions :-/

I guess that it should be announced that if you need any and all information about Animefest, to PM TheFinal since she is in fact, volunteering this year.

Also i would like to add, that if anyone on this forum know of anyone that is a PROFESSIONAL photographer i know of great spots in the area to take cosplay photos/Photo Shoot. If anyone is interested or knows anyone who would want to participate in this, PM me :toothy:

Cat-Chans
05-20-2006, 02:53 AM
Crap
Now I HAVE to have chii done in time, a Dita and a Yumi
O:
It;s fate

Iwakuralain16
05-20-2006, 03:13 AM
Crap
O:
It;s fate

haha.... my costume is already done... i just HATE the apron... painting is great, but the color is off and i am a perfectionist :skidude2: lol But it will all be done in time for Animefest. Even if i end up getting the new job i get, I should have spare time to do it in. :)

Kikala
05-20-2006, 11:22 AM
Now I've started a few sketches of the costume I want to make for Freya... but which one, which one! -so many choices...- anyone have one they would like to see. XD;;;

thefinal
05-20-2006, 11:34 AM
Crap
O:
It;s fate

Ha, don't worry, I'm still working on Dita anyways, got to lose all the weight over summer before I can cosplay her ~,~;;

I wonder how hard it is to sew PVC?

thefinal
05-20-2006, 11:35 AM
Now I've started a few sketches of the costume I want to make for Freya... but which one, which one! -so many choices...- anyone have one they would like to see. XD;;;

hm? Customizing a Freya outfit? Post links or something! I'd like to see :)

TransurrealisTristan
05-20-2006, 09:08 PM
I'm changing my list of characters to portray *AGAIN*...*sighs*Here's the lineup again...unless the list changes...

Friday-Dark Yuna/Sakura Haruno(I'm getting a Naruto hairband,thanks to my pal Kimmy!)
Saturday-Must make one Rockman related costume.Meh.Stream Enzan it is.
Sunday-Enzan from A-Kon
Monday-Meh.Lady or Fox?

It's just that I have so many ideas that I don't want to waste!>_< GAH.:lost:

Iwakuralain16
05-21-2006, 07:48 PM
I want to do a naruto cosplay so bad..i dont careif there are a hundred other characters from naruto there... i still want to do a cosplay from that show -_- maybe i will... lol

TransurrealisTristan
05-21-2006, 08:33 PM
LOL.I want to try Sakura.Then I'll bribe my friends to be Sakura and Naruto.LOL...*has the urge to smack Kimmy*

Iwakuralain16
05-21-2006, 10:05 PM
LOL.I want to try Sakura.Then I'll bribe my friends to be Sakura and Naruto.LOL...*has the urge to smack Kimmy*

haha i dunno.. maybe i can get one together before Afest.. hmm.... I most likely will. haha I just have to pick a character. i rather go as one of those cool guy characters vs. girl characters. we will see though. ^__^

thefinal
05-22-2006, 12:27 AM
I want to do a naruto cosplay so bad..i dont careif there are a hundred other characters from naruto there... i still want to do a cosplay from that show -_- maybe i will... lol

Even though she might be generic and a young character, I think you'd make a good Tenten -shrugs-

Iwakuralain16
05-22-2006, 02:17 AM
Even though she might be generic and a young character, I think you'd make a good Tenten -shrugs-

hm... they all look pretty young in the second season. I am not too far into the show, i still hav 100+ episodes to watch... the BF has them all, its just a matter of sitting and watching them all -_- how far into the show are you? i dont know how long this character stays in the show except for the second and third season. I might have another character in mind besides tenten... that would be too easy to cosplay. lol

thefinal
05-22-2006, 09:49 AM
I've only watched bits and pieces of Naruto, I probably should watch it in order, but every once in a while I'll watch a few episodes -shrugs- So, I haven't really gotten far ~,~;;

Iwakuralain16
05-22-2006, 10:11 AM
I LOVE it! I used to HATE it when the fansubbs were coming out. i watched the first few as they were being released and i fell asleep... and i refused to watch it after that because well, it made me fall asleep and there was there was other anime that needed to be watched. lol So i decided to give it another chance last month... bad thing is, its a long long series...

more characters to cosplay. hahaha

thefinal
05-22-2006, 10:30 AM
Only reason I used to hate it is because it seemed that everyone liked it regardless, so it made me uneasy at first. It's not all that bad though -shrugs-

Iwakuralain16
05-22-2006, 05:04 PM
Only reason I used to hate it is because it seemed that everyone liked it regardless, so it made me uneasy at first. It's not all that bad though -shrugs-

haha i know what you mean. when it became big and everyone at a-kon was wearing the wind valley ninja plate on thier head i could not understand why they all liked it. i was thinking "IT PUT ME TO SLEEP!! YOU ARE ALL CRAZY!!" and then i just refused to watch it... but i love it now. hahaha

Etsu
05-22-2006, 06:23 PM
I feel the same way (my cosplay list just keeps growing and growing ^^;;). If I ever get around to doing one, I'd cosplay as Kurenai.

Kikala
05-22-2006, 06:56 PM
I never got around to it, I don't think, so here's my cosplay list:

Freya (chobits)
Tifa (Advent Children)
Kairi (Kingdom Hearts 2, pink outfit)
Kakashi (Naruto)

Wow, that's the most girls I've ever cosplayed... in fact... those are the only girls I've cosplayed. XD;;;

Anyway, no I won't be customizing a Freya outfit. I wish I could, but I'm just not that great at designing Lolita type things. I've just sketched out a few of the dresses she's worn, and I'm just trying to figure out which one I should go with. *continues to think*

Iwakuralain16
05-22-2006, 08:10 PM
Kikali... how much are you wanting to spend? If you PM me i can help you get a costume from Japan...

SchizoIori
05-22-2006, 08:59 PM
I think My A-fest list is going to be

Merle-from the escaflowne movie
Ail- from Sailor Moon R
Steena- From chrono cross
EGL Naruto (maybe)
Amano Tifa

Probably other stuff too, but this is my AIM right now.

thefinal
05-22-2006, 11:09 PM
I figure if I get skinny enough, I really want to cosplay Dita from Chobits and if not, I'll be wearing my Cremia/Malon from LoZ: Majora's Mask for sure...I just can't decide if I want any other cosplays. I don't want to spend too much money since I'll now be paying for school and other things ~,~;;

TransurrealisTristan
05-23-2006, 09:18 PM
I can feel for most of you.After A-Kon,there's only 3 months until AnimeFEST,so time is very tight,yet we have so many ideas.Sheesh.I'm at a lost for my list.However,I do want to do this:

Dark from "DNAngel",Lady from "DMC3" and at least one Rockman.EXE costume along with something else.Hmm...Maybe I'll do Sakura or Dark Yuna to round it out.GAH!>_< Too difficult...Let my brain rest...XP

Iwakuralain16
05-23-2006, 11:49 PM
:toothy:
i had a job interview today... and i was going in for a position i didnt care for, but i wanted to see what thier Hospital setting was like anyways. I lucked out... They FILLED the one i applied for... but they had an opening for a position that i really wanted... and pays a ton more as well. If i gett his job...im going all out for animefest cosplay because ill have more money then. IM SO HAPPY!!!! :rockon: hahaha

Kazegirl240
05-25-2006, 06:02 PM
|D yay! i can finally post on here! I might be able to go to Afest after all! <_<;; ignore me....yeah.

my cosplay line up is still a little shakey but I can get a few done:
Yachiru from Bleach
*UNDECIDED* Prince of Tennis
Aniv De La Rev from CCC

...um yeah! hope to see everyone there and burn out my camera from all the pics! XD

Kikala
05-25-2006, 09:24 PM
:toothy:
i had a job interview today... and i was going in for a position i didnt care for, but i wanted to see what thier Hospital setting was like anyways. I lucked out... They FILLED the one i applied for... but they had an opening for a position that i really wanted... and pays a ton more as well. If i gett his job...im going all out for animefest cosplay because ill have more money then. IM SO HAPPY!!!! :rockon: hahaha
Good luck!
And it's official, I get to graduate (I nearly failed Economics... but I was able to slide by... but just barely because the teacher is a jack- er... rabbit? 0.o; )
Anyway, this means I'll be getting some cash from Graduation money and that means I'll get to make my costumes earlier, because I can afford to buy some good quality fabric! ^^ *dances* I hope to finish my Kairi costume soon, along with the keyblade. 0.o;

thefinal
05-25-2006, 11:26 PM
Good luck!
And it's official, I get to graduate (I nearly failed Economics... but I was able to slide by... but just barely because the teacher is a jack- er... rabbit? 0.o; )

Hahha...I find out tomorrow if I failed Econ. or not. God I hope not. Glad you passed though! Hahah - lucky!

Iwakuralain16
05-26-2006, 02:47 AM
Good luck!
Anyway, this means I'll be getting some cash from Graduation money and that means I'll get to make my costumes earlier, because I can afford to buy some good quality fabric! ^^ *dances* I hope to finish my Kairi costume soon, along with the keyblade. 0.o;

woah... so if you would have failed that class... they would have made you go back to school the next year? o_O thats crazy. Economics wasnt bad for me, i think i made a A in it but the Teacher... you just had to adapt to her... haha I think a class i had trouble with in highschool was... sciences. but its because i would ALWAYS use those as my nap time... but i passed all of them.. luckily. :confused: haha

Yes... i need cash. I want to buy a Ninja 650R for my 21st birthday so i can go riding with my friends... :toothy: and.. also buy cosplay stuff :angel2: haha
BTW... i love your Kakashi costume... :toothy:

Cat-Chans
05-26-2006, 02:54 AM
My economics teacher in High School was also my Color Guard coach
XD

I had fun in that class

Iwakuralain16
05-26-2006, 02:58 AM
My economics teacher in High School was also my Color Guard coach
XD

I had fun in that class
thats awesome! my teacher... collected pigs... and we ate popcorn when we watched videos... lol the craziest teacher i had was my government teacher... she was nice, but... kinda the queen of passive agressive. I was more interested in the people in that class than the class itself. i love classes with people who have good points and speak up. its fun to watch lol

thefinal
05-26-2006, 12:09 PM
woah... so if you would have failed that class... they would have made you go back to school the next year? o_O thats crazy.

If I would've failed I just would've had to take summer school and that would of meant no A-kon for me ~,~;; which would suck with all the work I've put into it...but still may not be able to complete it in time ><;;

Hopefully for AF I'll be slightly more prepared...

TransurrealisTristan
05-26-2006, 08:35 PM
You guys heard of the Grand Opening for AnimeFEST?I'm going as Sakura Haruno...^^

Iwakuralain16
05-26-2006, 11:55 PM
You guys heard of the Grand Opening for AnimeFEST?I'm going as Sakura Haruno...^^
grand opening...? explain!! haha to be honest, i havnt been to Animefest since... 2001? I was going to go last year, but between college and the hospital, i had no time. o_o I will make it this year though! :toothy:

Kikala
05-27-2006, 12:10 AM
Too bad it's all the way out in Plano... -.- That's a long drive for me. Longer then I could stand. XD
Plus the fact that my graduation is tomorrow so there would be no way that I could possibly get there. 0.o; heh... unless I didn't want to walk the stage. XD;;
I'll probably be there one day during the summer though, I can try. ^^

Animefest has a "clubhouse"/headquaters in Plano and they have a grand opening tomorrow there.

Sounds cool though, wish I could be there tomorrow, but there's just no way. ;.;

thefinal
05-27-2006, 12:42 AM
Ha, yeah, I'm supposed to be there...but there's no way my car can go out to Plano...way to far.

Iwakuralain16
05-27-2006, 05:02 AM
Plano isnt that far... But i love driving anywhere and everywhere as long as it has a purpose... lol Thus explains why my miles are getting high on my car... o_O haha I have other things planned for tommorow/today.... if anyone goes though, tell me how it went :toothy:

I was just checking out the website and in 2001(the last time i went) there was a ttendance of 1300, in 2005 last year it was 3301. Almost double from what it was the last time i went. AND this entire time i thought it was going to be held at the Hotel Inter-Continental Dallas...(which is where it was held then...) BUT it has been held at the Hyatt Regency at Reunion Tower for the last 2 years... dang. haha.... oh well. I remember my mom came with me to that convention and was saw Boa perform stuff from thier album including the opening to Serial Experiments Lane and my mom being so confused as to why they were showing scenes of people jumping off of buildings(they played episode one at the projector screen). I had fun at that convention... lol

thefinal
05-27-2006, 12:57 PM
Plano isnt that far... But i love driving anywhere and everywhere as long as it has a purpose... lol Thus explains why my miles are getting high on my car... o_O haha

When you have 203,300+ miles on your car - haha, it's rather far and you just don't want to chance anything.

On another note, how did you not know it was at the Hyatt? :confused:

Iwakuralain16
05-27-2006, 01:01 PM
When you have 203,300+ miles on your car - haha, it's rather far and you just don't want to chance anything.

On another note, how did you not know it was at the Hyatt? :confused:

I never really check the website, when i was going to go last year, i really didnt double check the hotel either.... lol Since i havnt been to Animefest since 2001, I still thought it was at the same hotel as it always has been. Kinda of like how A-kon would host itself in the Hyatt Hotel in the Airport for all of those years, then change to a two hotel system, then it goes back to the airport, THEN it makes its home in Dallas at Adam's mark. It just really never occured to me to check if it has moved... which it sucks, because this ruins alot of my plans... lol oh well

If anyone is wanting to go on a crazy tour/adventure at Animefest(actually outside of animefest ha), Find me. lol ESPECIALLY if you are just visiting! :D

TransurrealisTristan
05-27-2006, 09:32 PM
I went there today and not a lot of people were there,but I was greeted by the AnimeFEST head boss lady.She was nice and more than happy to answer my questions.I asked about the art show(But forgot about the costume contest..Bad Rian!>_<) and she handed me the number for the art show person.She said to phone him up this week and he'll answer my questions.

In the end,I got a program booklet from last year's con(One of the many leftover ones,which I happened to forget to ask for our Anime club...)and that's practically it.I did forget to also ask if I can work there over the summer...:lost:

Me feel like a baka,but if they happen to do another event there this year...I'm so game.

Speaking of questions,how can I enter the costume contest this year?I want to do so.^^

Tis fun...even though the staff was busy watching Star Wars fan vids...

thefinal
05-28-2006, 12:59 AM
Was her name Laura Jenks? She's really nice ^^;;

I wish I could've gone, the head of my staff wanted me to go, but I think one of the other guys went instead -shrugs- not sure though.

Just way too far for me...

Iwakuralain16
05-28-2006, 09:39 AM
hm.... so i didnt miss out on anything cool? o_o thats good. haha

TransurrealisTristan
05-28-2006, 08:27 PM
Yeah.She was uber nice to let me have a program book from last year...Now..to get info for art show and costume contest.To the phones!^^

Iwakuralain16
05-29-2006, 01:02 AM
I cant wait until animefest... Ill have a good costume by then. hahaha PM me info about the art show when you get it! :D

Iwakuralain16
05-30-2006, 03:25 AM
I've been working on Cosplay.com to give Animefest its own thread. If Oni-con has one, there is no reason why Animefest can't have on up on the main page. this will help out with people who want to do gatherings and everything can be seperated and not all confined to this one thread. This will also help since Animefest has still not put up thier bulletin board like they used to. it looks like they are doing things through teamspeak now... strange... haha

Kikala
05-30-2006, 01:59 PM
I've been working on Cosplay.com to give Animefest its own thread. If Oni-con has one, there is no reason why Animefest can't have on up on the main page. this will help out with people who want to do gatherings and everything can be seperated and not all confined to this one thread. This will also help since Animefest has still not put up thier bulletin board like they used to. it looks like they are doing things through teamspeak now... strange... haha
I saw that, I hope that Afest does get their own board here, that would be a great help! ^^
I can never get Teamspeak to work for me anyhow. -.-;;;

But! I got my materials for my Kairi costume yesterday and have already started to work on it, meaning I'll defiantely have it for AFest, and most likely A-Kon too!

Iwakuralain16
05-30-2006, 05:30 PM
I saw that, I hope that Afest does get their own board here, that would be a great help! ^^
I can never get Teamspeak to work for me anyhow. -.-;;;

But! I got my materials for my Kairi costume yesterday and have already started to work on it, meaning I'll defiantely have it for AFest, and most likely A-Kon too!
I want to make a naruto group of animefest... which wont be hard, but im going to try to put together a Yuuhi Kurenai costume... but first i need to get unfat(im not technically overweight, but still fat.. haha) and then start on it. Im so excited!! im going to get a contact lense exam too so i can buy some contacts to go with the costume... i am hoping to do this for animefest ^__^

On the other hand...i am a super novice at sewing... i have a sewing machine..i rarely use it though. My mom used to make us costumes though and is awesome at sewing... so im going to get her to help me out... o_o Hahah and another girl that i know is coming in town for a concert that a group of us are going to and she makes dresses and costumes and even asian uniforms for the sushi places where she lives... and im going to get her to help me as well... o_o hahaha... now all i need is some self motivation.. So it will be a challenge, but im up to it. i think... haha

Cat-Chans
05-30-2006, 08:27 PM
Well, I gave up waiting for the Reg head to respond to my e-mail and just volunteered for Security instead.
I did say in the comment box I wanted to work Reg though
so we'll see what happens.

I hope we do get our own board here, it would be a big help in planning things.

TransurrealisTristan
05-30-2006, 08:44 PM
I asked them already,but it doesn't hurt to nag them a bit more...^^ However...I do plan to do my own ebil version of FFX Yuna for AnimeFEST...Not so sure for other costumes.

Anybody know what the costume contest and art room rules are?Thanks.

Iwakuralain16
05-30-2006, 11:25 PM
yes... a board would help us alot. I made a reques in the right area.. all we can really do is wait.

Man i wish animefest was still at the intercontinential... i still cant get over that its at the hyatt. hahaha

Mucai
05-31-2006, 06:48 AM
What sort of transport is there between the airport (DFW) and the hotel?

thefinal
05-31-2006, 12:00 PM
What sort of transport is there between the airport (DFW) and the hotel?

hm, you can take a shuttle to the TRE if you really wish, or just find someone to drive or take you to the hotel (ex: taxi, shuttle, friend, etc...)

SchizoIori
05-31-2006, 11:36 PM
I asked them already,but it doesn't hurt to nag them a bit more...^^ However...I do plan to do my own ebil version of FFX Yuna for AnimeFEST...Not so sure for other costumes.

Anybody know what the costume contest and art room rules are?Thanks.

What kinds of questions do you have about the art room? I can give you a few answers since I've been on art staff the past 4 years and plan on being on it again since captain always requests his usuals.

TransurrealisTristan
06-01-2006, 08:58 PM
Are the art rules the same as A-Kon?How can I get my art on auction?

SchizoIori
06-01-2006, 11:27 PM
Are the art rules the same as A-Kon?How can I get my art on auction?

I'm not sure of a-kon's art room rules, but panels at A-fest have been 5 dollars each and tables are ten dollars in the past. I doubt that will change. You can reserve them online I believe once that becomes available or you can try to get one at the con. (there aren't always extra though).

You can pretty much put anything up as long as it isn't copywrited, belongs to someone else, or is traced. Fanart is good.

All art has to be Fanart for anime, video games, j-rock; or sci-fi/fantasy related.

Everything has to be neatly displayed (so matted, framed, or in plastic holders)

Captain has pretty lax rules. I'm pretty sure he's not going to change them much if at all, but as always you can email him and ask on the website. Hope this was helpful. ^_^

TransurrealisTristan
06-02-2006, 09:00 PM
Okay.That means after A-Kon,I'm going to have to grab lots of frames for my pics.Are there any size restrictions for the pics?Also,do I have to frame my art for A-Kon?If so,what size do they have to be?Thanks and please help me!:bigcry:

Cat-Chans
06-02-2006, 09:21 PM
Wow, pannels are only 5 bucks?
K
I'm definatly going to have a table to sell my pillows, I may get a pannel too for some fanart.
The walk in fee for A-kon alone is 15 dollars
D:

It should be cool to have stuff in the auction.

TransurrealisTristan
06-03-2006, 09:20 PM
Wow, pannels are only 5 bucks?
K
I'm definatly going to have a table to sell my pillows, I may get a pannel too for some fanart.
The walk in fee for A-kon alone is 15 dollars
D:

It should be cool to have stuff in the auction.

$15?!?:eek: That's just great...Mom may want me to pull out of getting my art there and I wanted to earn some money...;_; If I can't get the chance to,I'll just show my works to Tokyopop.They're coming this year,so yeah.

$5 panel+Me=Lots of money.I'll talk to my mom about it.Maybe she'll let me sell them there.^^

Cat-Chans
06-04-2006, 01:11 AM
I wish I had know TP was coming to A-kon, I would have put some stuff together for them, but as of right now I don't think I have anything portfolio level.

NEXT YEAR
I do want to talk to them though...
see what they offer in terms of Graphic Design jobs.
It'd be pretty dang awsome to work for them
X3

SchizoIori
06-04-2006, 01:24 AM
Okay.That means after A-Kon,I'm going to have to grab lots of frames for my pics.Are there any size restrictions for the pics?Also,do I have to frame my art for A-Kon?If so,what size do they have to be?Thanks and please help me!:bigcry:

Like I said, i don't know a-kon's rules, but there's not really a size restriction at a-fest providing it doesn't knock our panels down or take up space on another person's panel.

TransurrealisTristan
06-04-2006, 09:40 PM
I got some art waiting for them to see.^^ Hope my friend is willing to share a table with her.

Kikala
06-06-2006, 10:11 PM
Whee! Me and a friend might have a table there. We're not too sure yet when we'll start getting tables and stuff, but we're hoping to open our own cosplay shop. Which would be totally awsome.

thefinal
06-06-2006, 10:18 PM
Whee! Me and a friend might have a table there. We're not too sure yet when we'll start getting tables and stuff, but we're hoping to open our own cosplay shop. Which would be totally awsome.

Errr, a table in the dealer's room???

Kikala
06-06-2006, 11:30 PM
Errr, a table in the dealer's room???
Either that or Artists Alley. ^^ Most likely Artist Alley... we've only been there once, so we might not... but, eventually we will. XD

Iwakuralain16
06-07-2006, 12:49 AM
Either that or Artists Alley. ^^ Most likely Artist Alley... we've only been there once, so we might not... but, eventually we will. XD
artist alley eh? sounds like something i need to look into..

Kikala
06-07-2006, 11:28 AM
Oh, I checked the site again, I guess Animefests is called the Bizarre Bazaar... XD my bad. 0.o;

TransurrealisTristan
06-07-2006, 09:26 PM
Huh.I went to the site and they said that I have to put a $55 down payment for a table.What's up with that?

Cat-Chans
06-07-2006, 10:37 PM
for Artist Alley...I think thats a fairly common rate.

PockyFairy
06-12-2006, 10:07 PM
I'm going as Card Captor Sakura, Kairi from KH2, and my newest, NEL ZELPHER from Star Ocean 3. Woot.

Kiniro Hoshi
06-12-2006, 11:05 PM
I'll be going as:
A heartless from Kingdom Hearts II
The Earthy Card from Cardcaptor Sakura
and MAYBE Larxene from Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories
I might bring Uo from Fruits Basket along too...

Iwakuralain16
06-12-2006, 11:55 PM
they never made us our own section on the main page... grrr... lol

Animefest is coming up, and im already obligated to go... Is anyone planning to attend AX or Otakon that is also going to Animefest? I am thinking about going to one or both of these.... AX has Clamp... which im not a HUGE fan of, but it would still be cool to meet them... and Otakon.. is just big and busy... lol

I also found out something very strange about animefest when i was hanging out with my manager and a few people that run cons. It turns out, that the reason Animefest isnt Held at interncontinental anymore is because of some stupid things fans did at the con and they were not invited back the next year. Which sucks, becuase i liked that hotel.... oh well...

Hope to see you all there, ill be there 5 days(first day to set up). I still need to get started on cosplays... bleh

Cat-Chans
06-13-2006, 12:00 AM
Kiniro, we need to hook up for pictures
I'm going to be Sakura at some point
(:

I wish I was going to AX
not only have I wanted to go for a while
but they have clamp
sadly
I have no money
):

oh well. Maybe next year

Dose anyone know when they get back to you about volunteering? I want to know if I was accepted or not
becuase if I wasn't then I can't go.

Kiniro Hoshi
06-13-2006, 12:07 AM
Iwakuralain- I might be going to AX on the first day! I hope to bring part of my Earthy card costume with me (I would only have the wig and bodice done more than likely, but I still wanna wear it XD) and hopefully I'll run into you!

Cat-chan: Hai hai! I would like to take pictures very much! My entire group, RANDUM, is doing CCS so maybe we could also do a group gathering of all AF06 CCS cosplayers? Lol, oh the acronyms!

Fallen)x(Angel
06-13-2006, 04:09 AM
Uhm...I don't know exactly what I'm going to be doing, but I think my Sasuke should be done in time. I might wear that. Or maybe Sexy no Jutsu Kakashi or Sexy no Jutsu Gaara. Definatly 1 Naruto character at least. Possibly a Kingdom Hearts character. But they're all overdone. (So is Naruto now that I think about it, but Naruto never gets old.)

I guess it wouldn't be a bad time to start working on Albel from Star Ocean 3. I've been trying to get that done for a while.

I'll probably just end up waiting for a while to see what kinds of cosplay groups start forming and I'll join into some of those.

Iwakuralain16
06-13-2006, 08:34 AM
Uhm...I don't know exactly what I'm going to be doing, but I think my Sasuke should be done in time. I might wear that. Or maybe Sexy no Jutsu Kakashi or Sexy no Jutsu Gaara. Definatly 1 Naruto character at least. Possibly a Kingdom Hearts character. But they're all overdone. (So is Naruto now that I think about it, but Naruto never gets old.)

sexy no jitsu!!! haha i dont think ive seen that done before... i just looked at your gallery, that is awesome!!! haha

Kikala
06-13-2006, 01:30 PM
Dose anyone know when they get back to you about volunteering? I want to know if I was accepted or not
becuase if I wasn't then I can't go.
I was told we wouldn't find out until sometime in July.

But, I think I have my cosplay line up though
AC Tifa, ANBU Kakashi or Jounin Kakashi (With a nice wig compliments of Sayticaa!), Freya from Chobits(Thanks to a friend who bought me a Freya costume off of Ebay for my birthday. The ONLY costume that I won't have made myself), possibly Kairi... if it's too cold, then I won't do her. I REALLY want to have my keyblade done by then though. But at A-Kon, it was unbearably cold in that costume, and I might be doing a fursuit Pakkun. Or Menchi. ^^;;; If I get some money in time for it.

Anna
06-13-2006, 02:03 PM
I'm thinking about making Sakura's Fly card outfit. Pajama's, roller blades, possibly a feathered winged staff if I have enough money for feathers. Mostly becuase I have a pair of rollerblades in the corner and nothing else to do. I'd have to learn how to skate first though XD (damn that girl for not wearing a helmet!) and also depending on funds I'll try to make either Sailor Cere from the SM manga, or Mitsuki Kouryama from FMWS. Decisions, decisions.

If enough people are in for I'll make more popsickles for the KH cosplayers. I still have 30 sticks left.

thefinal
06-13-2006, 03:04 PM
Hrm. So I was thinking about wearing my Cremia/Malon costume to AF...but after A-kon and seeing others with the same outfit...I really feel like I should re-do mine ><;; I think I should. Other than that, I will be working on my Ceras/Seras Victoria OVA uniform :)

Cat-Chans
06-13-2006, 04:18 PM
MITSUKI
<3

Shes coming up on my list, I'm going to have that costume for Ikkicon.

Fallen)x(Angel
06-13-2006, 10:38 PM
sexy no jitsu!!! haha i dont think ive seen that done before... i just looked at your gallery, that is awesome!!! haha

Haha...thanks. :]

Anna - YES. MAKE POPSICLES. Please? :D

ZakuKitty
06-14-2006, 12:30 AM
I think that I have narrowed down my list to four costumes, two of them being new and one being worked on to make it better. I may add Sora from .hack in there again if I can find the pieces to it...>>

~points to sig~ Current list.

HackerEd
06-14-2006, 12:16 PM
Depending on ride/room situation this is planned as my next con as well. You all know what that means: cookies! Still not sure what I'll have finished, so I'll have my final costume list out closer to the con.

ZakuKitty
06-14-2006, 12:52 PM
Depending on ride/room situation this is planned as my next con as well. You all know what that means: cookies! Still not sure what I'll have finished, so I'll have my final costume list out closer to the con.
Cookies! =O If you go I am looking for you and the cookies. :angel:

Cat-Chans
06-14-2006, 03:30 PM
cookies
D:

I love hackered cookies

Viverra
06-14-2006, 05:23 PM
Heyy, I'll be going to A-Fest again this year! ^^ I'm going to cosplay an original Sexy No Jutsu Itachi from Naruto and Winry Rockbell from Fullmetal Alchemist ^^ I was these at A-kon =P I just need a wrench and an Edo for Winry >>;

Kiniro Hoshi
06-14-2006, 06:51 PM
Alright! I have a CCS gathering thread up now, so anyone interested come and check it out! http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?p=1437726#post1437726

TransurrealisTristan
06-14-2006, 10:35 PM
AnimeFEST 2006 will my first and last one,as I'm only going to A-Kon.My pal Yuki(Jared) says that A-Kon is better,so yeah.I'll be bringing back my Enzan and Edward cosplays from this year's A-Kon 17,but here's the lineup:

Friday-Dark Yuna(OC) from "Final Fantasy X"
Saturday-Dark from "D.N.Angel"(Group cosplay,will put in details later)
Sunday-Enzan Iijuin from "Rockman.EXE"
Monday-Edward Elric from "FMA"

The Dark cosplay is for a duo cosplay Yuki and I are doing.He's working on Daisuke Niwa while I get Dark.Wanna be a part of it?I'll post more info,as he's planning this gathering,not me.

Kiniro Hoshi
06-14-2006, 10:51 PM
AnimeFEST 2006 will my first and last one,as I'm only going to A-Kon.My pal Yuki(Jared) says that A-Kon is better,so yeah.I'll be bringing back my Enzan and Edward cosplays from this year's A-Kon 17,but here's the lineup:

Friday-Dark Yuna(OC) from "Final Fantasy X"
Saturday-Dark from "D.N.Angel"(Group cosplay,will put in details later)
Sunday-Enzan Iijuin from "Rockman.EXE"
Monday-Edward Elric from "FMA"

The Dark cosplay is for a duo cosplay Yuki and I are doing.He's working on Daisuke Niwa while I get Dark.Wanna be a part of it?I'll post more info,as he's planning this gathering,not me.
Eh, depends on your perspective. AF is smaller and a little more...shall we say...like you're in a family? A-kon is just huge and fun! Look forward to seeing you there though!

Cat-Chans
06-15-2006, 12:02 AM
I've only heard good things about Afest so far. This will be my first time attending. It was always at a bad time because classes start around a week before that...but this year I'm taking summer school so I won't have made the drive from dallas to San Marcos in a while.

PLUS
I missed friday of A-kon
I need to make up for it.
(:

mel-mel-chan
06-15-2006, 01:37 AM
I'll be there this year. As far as cosplay goes I intend to bring a few costumes I wore at Akon this year (Ulquiorra from Blech and L from Death Note). I intend to make 1-2 more costumes by the con and might also bring along my Urahara from Bleach as well. I haven't worn him much my last 2 cons, but I still enjoy the costume too much to retire it yet.

Also as far as akon being more fun than afest it is as kiniro hoshi says, it's a little smaller and you feel more like a family, and akon has grown out of proportion. Personally this year me and several other people are looking forward to our anime fest experience being more fun, because this past years akon just had issues, and anime fest is just awesome fun coolness. Plus it's 4 days instead of just 3

Fallen)x(Angel
06-15-2006, 02:11 AM
I'll be there this year. As far as cosplay goes I intend to bring a few costumes I wore at Akon this year (Ulquiorra from Blech and L from Death Note). I intend to make 1-2 more costumes by the con and might also bring along my Urahara from Bleach as well. I haven't worn him much my last 2 cons, but I still enjoy the costume too much to retire it yet.

Also as far as akon being more fun than afest it is as kiniro hoshi says, it's a little smaller and you feel more like a family, and akon has grown out of proportion. Personally this year me and several other people are looking forward to our anime fest experience being more fun, because this past years akon just had issues, and anime fest is just awesome fun coolness. Plus it's 4 days instead of just 3

Yay death note! I'll bring my L along and we need to hang out sometime. If..that's..okay? I don't want to force you to hang out with me or anything, I just like cosplaying with people from the same series.

Yeah, AnimeFEST never has any problems. Except that their cosplay sign ups fill up FAST as HELL. And last year my mom asked a few staff members if they could stop this group of kids from doing something (I didn't catch what they were doing) and they never did. So...their staff is kind of slow. But it's not a terrible thing. They get the huge major things done and that's really all that matters. And they're really friendly. Last year a lot of them came up me and were all like "Aww...sexy no jutsu naruto! How cute!" and asked me all sorts of things about my costume. It was pretty cool.

They don't have a terrible dealer's room either. It's very...how to say this....it has a wide variety of animes/mangas. Basically, it's not like A-kon's Naruto/FMA dealer's room. I could actually find yaoi, death note, chobits, ghost in the shell, inuyasha (eww) and lots of other animes. Hell, I found a few vampire games mangas. yay animefest!

Cat-Chans
06-15-2006, 03:45 AM
*makes note*
thanks for the heads up about cosplay
becuase I was planning on entering something.

PockyFairy
06-15-2006, 04:16 AM
For all you first timers, A-fest was my first *small* convention, and i had a blast. I really prefer it over akon 9 times outta 10. On that note....I WISH IT HAD IT'S OWN BOARDS INSTEAD OF JUST ONE THREAD. -sigh-

Anna
06-15-2006, 04:50 AM
Kiniro Hoshi say's that the c.coms forums are going to be updated to include a A-FEST forum, but it's going to take awhile. It's about time though, they have 3000+ attendees, it's the con's 14th year (It's been going since 92') and the convention's going to have access to 30,000 square feet more additional room this year according to the site.

Kiniro Hoshi
06-15-2006, 12:06 PM
That's just how I understand it from what I read here ^.^'' http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=63226

thefinal
06-15-2006, 03:34 PM
Well there's definately one thing that makes me a little more excited about AF vs. A-kon, the "prop" rules aren't as harsh! ^^;; That means I can hopefully start prop-making the remainer of the summer :D

Kikala
06-15-2006, 03:48 PM
i've only been to Afest once (last year) But God was it fun! I had a much better time then at A-Kon. Don't get me wrong, I had a lot of Fun at A-Kon, but at AnimeFest I could actually find the people I met and became friends with more then once. XD

Wah... I'm having an urge to cosplay L too! 0.o;;; I'm also having an urge to cut my hair extremely short. Wah! If I do that, then L is in and Tifa is out. I shall force one of my unsuspecting friends into being Misa and another one Light... I shall make the handcuffs too... because that whole part is like... My favorite. XD;;;

Anyway, It's a fact though, I'll be Freya From Chobits, and Kakashi (ANBU and Jounin most likely... I might not have time to make the young version), Tifa or L Depending on if I cut my hair, and Kairi or Pakkun depending on how cold it is.

If I do Pakkun, anyone willing to bring a Kakashi costume and hang with me, everyone knows Pakkun is nothin without Kakashi-sensei! ^^;

thefinal
06-15-2006, 03:50 PM
i've only been to Afest once (last year) But God was it fun! I had a much better time then at A-Kon. Don't get me wrong, I had a lot of Fun at A-Kon, but at AnimeFest I could actually find the people I met and became friends with more then once. XD

Totally understand that part. I was supposed to meet up with a lot of people at a-kon, but I never found them ><;;

I like the smaller-con home feeling ^^;;

Kikala
06-15-2006, 03:51 PM
Yup, agreed. I was supposed to meet a lot of people too... but I think maybe some got shy. ^^ I mean on... I don't bite, I swear!

thefinal
06-15-2006, 03:54 PM
Yup, agreed. I was supposed to meet a lot of people too... but I think maybe some got shy. ^^ I mean on... I don't bite, I swear!

Hhaa. I tried to look for you in the pre-reg lines but I didn't see you on Thursday. Maybe I was in the wrong area? -shrugs-

Oh well, maybe AF I'll see you around :)

Kikala
06-15-2006, 04:54 PM
Hhaa. I tried to look for you in the pre-reg lines but I didn't see you on Thursday. Maybe I was in the wrong area? -shrugs-

Oh well, maybe AF I'll see you around :)
Well, I was Kairi and working the pre-reg desk with someone, crossin off names from 8-10 PM. ^^ Before that I was roaming, usually on the 3rd floor south tower, because we were trying to get my other two friends set up and doing what they were supposed to for volunteering.

I think I was helping give out badges with the last names of H-M? I can't remember... XD But after that I always did a-d. Except Sunday... when I broke the lamination machine... ^^;;; Oops.. my bad, won't ever happen again, that's for sure. That's what they get for tellin me to laminate when I've never used one before and not even telling me how to use it. XD;;

TransurrealisTristan
06-15-2006, 09:04 PM
I'm going to have a "D.N.Angel"/"Rockman.EXE" gathering this time around.D.N.Angel is for Saturday while the latter one is for Sunday.Anyone interested?

josshouse
06-16-2006, 03:40 PM
The only con I've been to more than Afest is Chibicon/O-Chibicon, and both of those cons rock face! A-Kon is huge, but it just doesn't hold a candle to Animefest in the 'way too much fun' category.

Nostalg*a (my cosplay group) is doing FMA, but we probably won't be doing a skit, just a walk-on. I'll be a 5'0" Edward Elric, and my boyfriend's going as Roy (we hope). He's a clone of Mustang as it is, so it'll be easy for him to pull it off XD

Watch out for cuteness, we PDA and argue all the time anyway...

Mucai
06-16-2006, 05:13 PM
That's just how I understand it from what I read here ^.^'' http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=63226That thread is just to get conventions added to the convention list http://www.cosplay.com/conventions.php

TransurrealisTristan
06-16-2006, 10:28 PM
Okay...Let's see...Most likely here's the shoot/costume listings for me.

Shoots:
Friday:I may do a Final Fantasy one...
Saturday:It's D.N.Angel time for us.Dunno how we may do this.
Sunday:Rockman/Megaman.
Monday:None whatsoever.

Costumes:
Friday:I'll be going as Dark Yuna/Sakura/Lady...I think...
Saturday:It's Dark
Sunday:Enzan Iijuin
Monday:Edward Elric?

Kikala
06-17-2006, 12:36 AM
It's official, I'll be going as L... Randomly got my hair cut (I've been wanting it short for so long... and finally decided I have enough reason to)... problem is, it's too think and poofs out way to much on the sides... I'll be experimenting with gels and glue's and stoofs. XD;

So, I'll most likely be, L, Kairi, Kakashi (ANBU and Jounin) and Freya... and that'll probably be it, most likey won't get Pakkun done in time... And if I did Tifa... I would have to buy a wig. *shrug* But, they're all possibilities. XD

Fallen)x(Angel
06-17-2006, 02:36 AM
So, I'll most likely be, L, Kairi, Kakashi (ANBU and Jounin) and Freya... and that'll probably be it, most likey won't get Pakkun done in time... And if I did Tifa... I would have to buy a wig. *shrug* But, they're all possibilities. XD

I'll be sure to bring the puzzle. It's 750 pieces and its a picture of a geisha. Its pretty. I'm PM you a picture of the box later.

What day do you want to wear our death note costumes? I was thinking Friday?

So many choices! I need other people's opinions on what Sexy no Jutsu costume to wear. The SNJ costumes I plan to make are Gaara, Gai, Itachi, Kakashi, Kankuro, and Sasuke. Please help me out! I have the hardest time deciding things like this on my own! T_T

rabidfanboy
06-17-2006, 12:01 PM
I have a friend who is looking for a room for AnimeFest. She's 24 and a cosplayer.

If you are looking for a roommate contact her at:

Y!M - bluejedi81
AIM - harunosakura81
email - bluejedi81@yahoo.com
Her myspace (http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=33645007&MyToken=ee87f420-06ff-4201-9725-2d82e878545d)

Kikala
06-17-2006, 05:22 PM
I'll be sure to bring the puzzle. It's 750 pieces and its a picture of a geisha. Its pretty. I'm PM you a picture of the box later.

What day do you want to wear our death note costumes? I was thinking Friday?

So many choices! I need other people's opinions on what Sexy no Jutsu costume to wear. The SNJ costumes I plan to make are Gaara, Gai, Itachi, Kakashi, Kankuro, and Sasuke. Please help me out! I have the hardest time deciding things like this on my own! T_T
XD Yesh, I can't wait! *dances* And putting the puzzle together is going to be awsome.
Friday is fine with me, seeing as how I haven't even started to plan when I'll have my costumes worn. But, Yeah, I'll wear it Friday. ^^
Do SNJ Kakashi! XD I could wear my Jounin Kakashi around on the same day and take a few pics together... But, an SNJ Gai would be awsome too, I've never seen it done.

Fallen)x(Angel
06-17-2006, 07:45 PM
XD Yesh, I can't wait! *dances* And putting the puzzle together is going to be awsome.
Friday is fine with me, seeing as how I haven't even started to plan when I'll have my costumes worn. But, Yeah, I'll wear it Friday. ^^
Do SNJ Kakashi! XD I could wear my Jounin Kakashi around on the same day and take a few pics together... But, an SNJ Gai would be awsome too, I've never seen it done.

Okay, Friday it is. I asked my mom this most recent school year if I could skip a day of school and she said okay, but because of her being having jury duty and make up TAKS tests for her students I never got to. I am going to try and get her to let me skip this year on friday for the con. She might say yes, it depends on what is going on that day at school.

Yeah, I think I want to save Gai for A-kon. I hope that last Gai that was there is back. :heart: . :heart: I looooooooooved him! But I think I'm going to wear SNJ Kakashi. Not sure though. Give me time.

Hey I wanted to ask since you are cosplaying Kairi for this con. If I were to wear Valor or Wisdom form Sora, do you think people would know who I was? If not, I'll just be Axel.

Kikala
06-17-2006, 08:01 PM
Okay, Friday it is. I asked my mom this most recent school year if I could skip a day of school and she said okay, but because of her being having jury duty and make up TAKS tests for her students I never got to. I am going to try and get her to let me skip this year on friday for the con. She might say yes, it depends on what is going on that day at school.

Yeah, I think I want to save Gai for A-kon. I hope that last Gai that was there is back. :heart: . :heart: I looooooooooved him! But I think I'm going to wear SNJ Kakashi. Not sure though. Give me time.

Hey I wanted to ask since you are cosplaying Kairi for this con. If I were to wear Valor or Wisdom form Sora, do you think people would know who I was? If not, I'll just be Axel.
That is so awsome! And if you aren't able to skip that Friday, we can always wear it another day. ^^; In fact... I need to make sure that I don't have school that day. 0.o;
Yesh! That Gai was awsome... I still feel guilty about pushing him out of the way, but twas funny at the time! :P
I'm pretty sure if you did Valor you would be recognized, cause most people will just recognize the style of clothing and say, HEY! tis Sora. XD But Axel is cool too. But, I think, as long as you have a keyblade and the hair, people will recognize you as Sora. ^^

thefinal
06-17-2006, 09:24 PM
HAHAHA...Last year I totally skipped that Friday at school and my Dad was soooo ticked when he found out - lol. Luckily this year, having college classes, I'm not intending on having any for Friday...so I'll only have to miss Thursday :)

Kikala
06-17-2006, 09:34 PM
HAHAHA...Last year I totally skipped that Friday at school and my Dad was soooo ticked when he found out - lol. Luckily this year, having college classes, I'm not intending on having any for Friday...so I'll only have to miss Thursday :)
Yeah... I'm going to be a freshmen in college and hopefully won't have any classes Friday either. -.-;
My parents wouldn't let me skip, and since I don't have a license... I didn't much have a choice. XD

Fallen)x(Angel
06-18-2006, 12:57 AM
That is so awsome! And if you aren't able to skip that Friday, we can always wear it another day. ^^; In fact... I need to make sure that I don't have school that day. 0.o;
Yesh! That Gai was awsome... I still feel guilty about pushing him out of the way, but twas funny at the time! :P
I'm pretty sure if you did Valor you would be recognized, cause most people will just recognize the style of clothing and say, HEY! tis Sora. XD But Axel is cool too. But, I think, as long as you have a keyblade and the hair, people will recognize you as Sora. ^^

I was about to rush over to that Gai will tears in my eyes and ask if he was alright after you did that, but then I remembered 'Oh yeah, people are taking pictures!' So i didn't move. T_T

Wouldn't I have to make 2 keyblades? Aye yie yie! What to make them out of? Would foam and paperclay work?

thefinal
06-18-2006, 11:52 AM
Wouldn't I have to make 2 keyblades? Aye yie yie! What to make them out of? Would foam and paperclay work?

http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=80141

http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=50530

Kikala
06-18-2006, 12:58 PM
I was about to rush over to that Gai will tears in my eyes and ask if he was alright after you did that, but then I remembered 'Oh yeah, people are taking pictures!' So i didn't move. T_T

*whines* I really do hope he's ok.. but I didn't really push that hard. 0.o; Not that I can remember though. Everything was a blur after that. -.- I can't remember what happened... seriously, I think I got so embarrassed and now I can't even remember what happened after I pushed him. ;.;

But about the keyblades, I have no idea. I'm making one out of PVS pipe and VERY hard cardboard. XD;

Fallen)x(Angel
06-18-2006, 01:22 PM
http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=80141

http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=50530

Oh, I love you. Thank youuu!

Kikala - I think he's fine. I got a hug from him after the photoshoot so I'm sure he's okay. Why were you embarrassed? It was funny! And I totally wasn't expecting it. Which made it even better!

Kikala
06-18-2006, 03:52 PM
XD' I'm not sure... I don't usually do things like that because I feel like I might embarass myself... but, I guess I shouldn't be. It was fun and different... and it made people laugh, so I guess all is good then. ^^; But that Gai was so cool, XD I just wish he hadn't have stood right in front of me. :P

PockyFairy
06-19-2006, 06:41 AM
Yay for my new cosplay project. And yay for already having a Fayt and possible Cliff for A-fest! http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/pockyfairy/58.jpg

Anna
06-19-2006, 07:19 AM
I've decided to bring Summoner Yuna, Pixie Yuna, Fly card Sakura, and I'm going to TRY to finish my Lily/Ririe. It all depends on me finding a job though. Yayz! <3

I WILL be making sea-salt popsickles for this con. 20 like last time, first come, first serve and more salty this time though. I NEED someone to find me a at-con fridge though, becuase last time I didn't, and they we're squishy by photoshoot time.

P.S. I know there's alot of Tutu cosplayers in the area, are any willing to group for photos for a little while?

Kiniro Hoshi
06-19-2006, 12:45 PM
I've decided to bring Summoner Yuna, Pixie Yuna, Fly card Sakura, and I'm going to TRY to finish my Lily/Ririe. It all depends on me finding a job though. Yayz! <3

I WILL be making sea-salt popsickles for this con. 20 like last time, first come, first serve and more salty this time though. I NEED someone to find me a at-con fridge though, becuase last time I didn't, and they we're squishy by photoshoot time.

P.S. I know there's alot of Tutu cosplayers in the area, are any willing to group for photos for a little while?
:eek: *raises hand* OOO OOO! Pick me pick me! I want one! And I have some friends who want to do a Tutu cosplay, but they were gonna do it next year, I don't think we have time for any more costumes this year *_* I don't think we'll know if our room(s) have a fridge or not until that day, but if we find out I'll let ya know!

PockyFairy: Hey! That's cute!

Fallen)x(Angel
06-19-2006, 01:03 PM

Your popsicles will be awesome! Hopefully I can snag one.

Hey...I was just watching Princess Tutu last night on Anime on Demand. And I would KILL to do a Tutu cosplay. EDIT:://I'm doing Kraehe.

Anna
06-19-2006, 02:54 PM
Your popsicles will be awesome! Hopefully I can snag one.

Hey...I was just watching Princess Tutu last night on Anime on Demand. And I would KILL to do a Tutu cosplay. EDIT:://I'm doing Kraehe.

YAY! We'll have Chibi Ice Wolf more than likely redoing Pike, Asmaria probably bringing Fakir, and I'm going to ask Scortia into bringing Neko-sensei, all we'll need is an Ahiru and mytho, and we'll have a near-full probable cast. XD

TransurrealisTristan
06-19-2006, 08:15 PM
Revised!

Friday:Sakura Haruno/Dark Yuna(Need to decide)
Saturday:My Enzan cosplay from A-Kon,holding a Rockman shoot as well.
Sunday:I'll be going as Dark from D.N.Angel,having a shoot and doing a skit,so it's all D.N.Angel day.
Monday:Casual or may go as Ed?

Fallen)x(Angel
06-19-2006, 09:28 PM
YAY! We'll have Chibi Ice Wolf more than likely redoing Pike, Asmaria probably bringing Fakir, and I'm going to ask Scortia into bringing Neko-sensei, all we'll need is an Ahiru and mytho, and we'll have a near-full probable cast. XD

Hmm...I could try to get my neighbor to do either a ballerina verson of Rue, or her uniform. But I doubt it.

Chibi Ice Wolf
06-19-2006, 10:16 PM

That's funny that we're missing the main character XD I bet we can find one though! Oh ponytailed purple wigs how I hate thee. D:

Fallen)x(Angel
06-19-2006, 10:25 PM
That's funny that we're missing the main character XD I bet we can find one though! Oh ponytailed purple wigs how I hate thee. D:

It'd be awkward to not have the main character at the con. xD But hopefully we can snag one in time!

Why do you say that? What has the wig done to you? (I probably know what you're going to say) But pigtailed wigs are probably worse!

MexicAnime
06-20-2006, 01:52 AM
This will be my 2nd AnimeFest, and I hope to have just as much fun as last years.

AS for cosplay, I'll revive my Onizuka Cosplay, after I make some improvements, as well as premire my 1st-made-from-scratch cosplay: Mousse (http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/9307/mousse46wa.jpg) from Ranma 1/2

Anna
06-20-2006, 02:46 AM
It'd be awkward to not have the main character at the con. xD But hopefully we can snag one in time!

Why do you say that? What has the wig done to you? (I probably know what you're going to say) But pigtailed wigs are probably worse!
I'm sure we'll find an Ahiru. Worst comes to worse I'll get a cheap Ebay wig and make my friend Erin her practice outfit.

She's going to have custom dye and weft her wig to make it look accurate. D:

thefinal
06-20-2006, 11:42 AM
This will be my 2nd AnimeFest, and I hope to have just as much fun as last years.

AS for cosplay, I'll revive my Onizuka Cosplay, after I make some improvements, as well as premire my 1st-made-from-scratch cosplay: Mousse (http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/9307/mousse46wa.jpg) from Ranma 1/2

:) I saw you at A-kon but never saw you in cosplay - hopefully come AF I'll see you in your cosplayyyy!!! ^^;;

HackerEd
06-20-2006, 02:34 PM

I think my friend has an Ahiru, and seeing as how we often go to cons together I'm sure I can talk to her about it^^

Fallen)x(Angel
06-20-2006, 03:12 PM
I'm sure we'll find an Ahiru. Worst comes to worse I'll get a cheap Ebay wig and make my friend Erin her practice outfit.

She's going to have custom dye and weft her wig to make it look accurate. D:

If I remember correctly, my neighbor's sister likes Princess Tutu. I can try to talk her into it and it'd be easier to do then to try and push your friend into it. But she probably won't have the orange hair. She'll probably have brown hair with the white feathers on the hair (or whatever they are).

Kikala
06-20-2006, 08:00 PM
YEAH! One of my friends is willing to go as Light/Raito with me. *dances happily*

Oh, and thefinal, I remember seeing you getting your pre-reg badge. XD; -looked at your avatar- I'm not sure who's line you went into, but I remember the person I was working with was like... (She looks familiar... but I can't place a name)... and this is how we started to try and guess everyone's cosplay. XD That was fun.

ANYWAY! I might just have my Pakkun fursuit for Animefest... It just depends on how lazy I feel like being. :P I got some more money for graduation (That was like... 3 weeks ago... but ah well). ANd it's definately enough to buy some fabric and everything for it. -dances more-

Fallen)x(Angel
06-20-2006, 08:48 PM
YEAH! One of my friends is willing to go as Light/Raito with me. *dances happily*

Yay, Raito!

thefinal
06-20-2006, 10:42 PM
Oh, and thefinal, I remember seeing you getting your pre-reg badge. XD; -looked at your avatar- I'm not sure who's line you went into, but I remember the person I was working with was like... (She looks familiar... but I can't place a name)... and this is how we started to try and guess everyone's cosplay. XD That was fun.

Maybe I did see you? What badge lines did you do? I had to go to the F line and the H...

Kikala
06-20-2006, 10:46 PM
*thinks* Hmmm... I was in the second to last line. I know it had the H's in them, cause I gave Joy hers. XD I think it was like h-something. And me and my 'partner in crime- were racing to see who could find the name first. :P (I was Kairi, pink dress... brown hair)

Amaya De'Morte
06-21-2006, 12:35 AM
So far all I know that I"m doing is:

Ruriha- Glass wings (Points to those who know who/what manga I'm talking about XD)
Fuu- Samurai Champloo

Quite possibly, those may be my only two new costumes.. I've gotten poor, recently XD

Fallen)x(Angel
06-21-2006, 12:48 AM

Ruriha- Glass wings (Points to those who know who/what manga I'm talking about XD)
Fuu- Samurai Champloo

Quite possibly, those may be my only two new costumes.. I've gotten poor, recently XD

Yay Glass wings! And Samurai Champloo is awesome too! Can I get a hug if you end up cosplaying these characters?

thefinal
06-21-2006, 01:31 AM
*thinks* Hmmm... I was in the second to last line. I know it had the H's in them, cause I gave Joy hers. XD I think it was like h-something. And me and my 'partner in crime- were racing to see who could find the name first. :P (I was Kairi, pink dress... brown hair)

Hmm, sadly I don't think you were the one that helped me. Lol. The first person I had to bribe because I left one of my slips in the car and then the second person I went to, had to bribe her too since I had to pick up my bf's pre-reg and he wasn't going to be there until Friday - haha.

You prolly saw me in line with 2 other people, one asian and one white guy wearing hakama pants...because I think I saw quite a few people in the pre-reg line looking at me and it made me nervous ~,~;;

TransurrealisTristan
06-21-2006, 08:25 PM
As for the above,list what your plans are:

Photoshoots:I'll be holding a Rockman/Megaman shoot and a D.N.Angel shoot.The Rockman one on Saturday and the D.N.Angel one on Sunday.Details are to be determined.
Skits:It's a D.N.Angel skit called "Dark's Dilemna:A Trip to China Gone Wrong".
Going As:

Friday:It's a 50/50 for Dark Yuna or Sakura Haruno.
Saturday:Recycling my Enzan cosplay from A-Kon 17.
Sunday:Everyone's favorite thief,Dark.
Monday:It depends.May go as Lady?

Knightfall
06-22-2006, 02:15 AM

Fuu- Samurai Champloo

*Ears perk up at sound of Fuu; and for good reason.*

thefinal
06-22-2006, 06:50 PM
Photoshoots looking for Hellsing cosplayers that wouldn't mind having a photoshoot :)
Skits never participated in a skit, but again, if there's any Hellsing cosplayers out there going to AF, msg me or something! I'd love to do a skit for once ^^;;

Kikala
06-22-2006, 06:57 PM
Photoshoots:DEATH NOTE! God, that would be so flippin' fun! *dances*
Oh, and I'm lookin' forward to a Naruto, Chobits, and another KH photoshoot! ^^
Skits: Eh, not sure, but a few friends and I are possibly going to do a Naruto skit.

-ish so excited-

Fallen)x(Angel
06-22-2006, 07:41 PM
Photoshoots:DEATH NOTE! God, that would be so flippin' fun! *dances*
Oh, and I'm lookin' forward to a Naruto, Chobits, and another KH photoshoot! ^^
Skits: Eh, not sure, but a few friends and I are possibly going to do a Naruto skit.

-ish so excited-

Yeah, a DN photoshoot would be cool. But I doubt we'd have a lot or even enough people for it.

And yeah, I'm looking forward to Naruto and Kingdom hearts as well. Hopefully my Axel will be done in time. T_T

TransurrealisTristan
06-22-2006, 08:47 PM
Okay.Any D.N.Angel/Rockman(Megaman) cosplayers going this time around?Plus,please list your costumes for this con,so I can find youse and such.I'll only be going for this one,then you'll only be able to find me at A-Kon.

Anna
06-22-2006, 09:44 PM
Photoshoots- Princess Tutu, Saturday, whenever we feel like doing it in the morning XD.

Fallen)x(Angel
06-22-2006, 10:08 PM
Photoshoots- Princess Tutu, Saturday, whenever we feel like doing it in the morning XD.

Saturday morning? I'll try to make it.

Amaya De'Morte
06-22-2006, 10:46 PM
Yay Glass wings! And Samurai Champloo is awesome too! Can I get a hug if you end up cosplaying these characters?

I'd be sad if I didn't get a hug! <33

oh yea- I forgot.. I might have to change Fuu (to a later date for onicon) with a character from rozen maiden. I can't spell her name.. (because I can't spell my OWN name, much less a crazy japanese one XD)

but she's the one in the green dress^^

heh.. I'll probably get fuu done, though. It's a very easy costume

SchizoIori
06-23-2006, 12:04 AM
Only new ones for A-fest for me are going to be Steena from chrono cross, another Final fantasy Tactics cosplay, and maybe a new EGL itachi.

Mucai
06-23-2006, 12:32 AM
oh yea- I forgot.. I might have to change Fuu (to a later date for onicon) with a character from rozen maiden. I can't spell her name.. (because I can't spell my OWN name, much less a crazy japanese one XD)

Suiseiseki

Fallen)x(Angel
06-23-2006, 01:39 PM
I'd be sad if I didn't get a hug! <33

heh.. I'll probably get fuu done, though. It's a very easy costume

I love Rozen Maiden so either way you'll be getting hugs. I just hope I find you.

yay hugs!

Viverra
06-23-2006, 02:06 PM
hey ^_^ I'll be cosplaying Winry from FMA and Sexy no Jutsu Itachi again! =D I want another costume though >.>; My recent obsession with Death Note makes me want to cosplay Misa... I dunno yet.

Fallen)x(Angel
06-23-2006, 08:03 PM
hey ^_^ I'll be cosplaying Winry from FMA and Sexy no Jutsu Itachi again! =D I want another costume though >.>; My recent obsession with Death Note makes me want to cosplay Misa... I dunno yet.

GO FOR IT. Join Kikala and I. :D

Kikala
06-23-2006, 08:38 PM
Yes! We need a Misa! (We might not have Light Friday though... cause of her college schedule)... XD But join us L's! ^^

peony
06-23-2006, 11:22 PM
I'm going to bring my Aerith costume again, only because I love being Aerith and the response at A-Kon was just so cool...I definately have to wear it more than once! (and if there's any cool Cloud cosplayers on Friday, I REALLLY would love to take some poses with one, I didn't get the chance to at A-Kon. I was rather sad. That would be an AWESOME birthday present for me xD).

But otherwise I'll be with my LARRRGE FMA group as Sloth. Yaaay :D We got a bunch of military uniforms to figure out in a few months!

And A-Fest will be on my birthday weekend! I'm so excited, and it's an extra day long! I LOVE SCHOOL HOLIDAYS!

Kikala
06-23-2006, 11:27 PM
Gotta love convention birthdays (Mine was the last day at A-Kon) I hope you have a happy birthday! ^^

Viverra
06-24-2006, 01:17 AM
I'm going to bring my Aerith costume again, only because I love being Aerith and the response at A-Kon was just so cool...I definately have to wear it more than once! (and if there's any cool Cloud cosplayers on Friday, I REALLLY would love to take some poses with one, I didn't get the chance to at A-Kon. I was rather sad).

But otherwise I'll be with my LARRRGE FMA group as Sloth. Yaaay :D We got a bunch of military uniforms to figure out in a few months!

And A-Fest will be on my birthday weekend! I'm so excited, and it's an extra day long! I LOVE SCHOOL HOLIDAYS!

Large FMA group?? =O I'm going as Winry! Maybe I can meet up with you guys and have a photoshoot? ^^;

peony
06-24-2006, 01:57 PM
Oh yeah! THere is gonna be an FMA explosion at A-Fest...I can't even remember how many people we're bringing...

Josshouse is working on her automail for Ed and bringing her boyfriend as Mustang. And being that they BOTH LOOK THE PART EXACTLY there will be...plenty of fanservice for any royedo fans out there. I'm so excited. NINA-POST A KEMAH PICTURE OF YOUR EDO FACE. IT IS SUPER AMAZIIINNGGG.

Our other friend James is gonna go as Al, as there's a site with an amazing Al armour suit and he's filty rich with money to blow. That's what happens when you get paid a lot and never have time to spend it. Crazy kid. We're also having an awesome Riza (so exccciited) and plans for a Wrath (whose birthday is also that weekend), a Winry, a Hughes...uh...who else is there?? XD I think we're gonna make up...a massive chunk of the FMA photoshoot, man. It's gonna be AWESOME.

TransurrealisTristan
06-24-2006, 09:05 PM
^^ My birthday is on October 6th,quite a while after AnimeFEST,but still works,I guess?BTW,what should I wear for Friday?Dark Yuna or Sakura Haruno?Plus,I'm entering a skit for the con...does anyone know how my team can sign up?Also,what's the AnimeFEST policy for selling art?I read on the site and they said to pay $55...

Anna
06-24-2006, 10:12 PM
Dark Yuna! It sounds intresting. :D

How much did Day passes cost last year? I need to find out for a friend.

Cat-Chans
06-24-2006, 10:28 PM
Depends, are you wanting a table or a pannel in the art show?

thefinal
06-24-2006, 10:54 PM
//peony Woo that'll be fun! Birthday on a con weekend :D

//ACME-Rian Haha, you might as well go ahead and celebrate your birthday too ^^;; Nothing like celebrating a birthday at a con and with friends!

//Anna Day passes haven't been announced yet, but I can see if I can find out for you ^__~ If someone in this thread works registration, they might know...

Fallen)x(Angel
06-25-2006, 01:18 AM
I think day passes were different for each day. But I dunno. I know a weekend pass at the door was $40, a weekend pass prepaid before july 31st was $30 and prepaid before augest 25th (i think?) was like $35. But I don't remember the day passes. Sorry.

Oh and Anna? Are you bringing your pixie yuna to this con? I have a younger neighbor might be wearing pixie rikku and is it okay if i get a picture of you two together?

Iwakuralain16
06-25-2006, 04:00 AM

At a-kon we attempted to have a birthday gathering for everyone that had a birthday that weekend or close to a-kon, and of course others were invited as well. Everyone ended up finding something to do though, and i dont think it was a big success(i had to work, so i couldnt supply a cake that time). You should do something similar :)

Hopefully we will get our own section on the main page soon. More like hopefully before animefest. >_<

astillar
06-25-2006, 09:29 AM
I was trying to remember, does AnimeFest not have a masquerade? Or was that Oni-con? I dunno. I checked their website and it didn't say.

Anna
06-25-2006, 10:40 AM
Fallen)x(Angel- I'm changing out of Lilie into Pixie around 2 on Saturday.

Fallen)x(Angel
06-25-2006, 10:48 AM
At a-kon we attempted to have a birthday gathering for everyone that had a birthday that weekend or close to a-kon, and of course others were invited as well. Everyone ended up finding something to do though, and i dont think it was a big success(i had to work, so i couldnt supply a cake that time). You should do something similar :)

It only wasn't a success because of the cosplay beign stretched out, the concert starting late, and our meeting spot was blocked off. -_-'

astillar- It has a masq. It just fills up reeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaally fast.

anna - oh okay, thanks!

Kikala
06-25-2006, 05:49 PM
Yeah, I completely forgot they blocked that part off. But we were there at 10:30, waiting for people until we were told to move along, but we got back up at 11... and waited somemore. I had two bucket fulls of cookies, which me and a few friends ended up eating anyway... but it was cool cause we got to hangout with the night crowd and were able to find some of our long lost friends... and that was cool.

But if we do have another party, let's make sure theirs an alternate location... just in case. XD;;;

peony
06-25-2006, 08:07 PM
wow, that would be pretty fun XD COLLECTIVE BIRTHDAYS HOORAY!

How old will everyone be? I'm turning 19, how exciting. And to think, I honestly wasn't planning on doing anything for my birthday this year. Nevermind!

Iwakuralain16
06-25-2006, 10:54 PM
It only wasn't a success because of the cosplay beign stretched out, the concert starting late, and our meeting spot was blocked off. -_-'

ah ha... so thats what happened. ^_^ I was working on sunday and also saturday night(i was out right when i was done with working... tired lol).

IF anyone does plan a collective birthday party, i should be able to have a cake done for it. I must warn though, you would have to have it on friday... i would bake the cake and decorate it wensday/thursday(before i leave for the con) and it tastes its best if eaten within in a few days. People still ate the one i made for a-kon on sunday... so i guess the party could be later and the cake still would be good. I am speaking of the anime cakes i make... check my gallery for examples. ^_^

Fallen)x(Angel
06-26-2006, 12:08 AM
Kikala - I was there at 11 too. I did see someone holding two containers (didn't get to see what they were exactly) with what looked like food in them, and i was looking and trying to see if I knew him, but he just gave me this creepy "me-love-you-long-time" smile so I turned around and ran back down the escalator. Yeah....security was even more pissed at me after that.

peony - I'll be 14 by then. My birthday is in July so no celebration for me at this con.

gundammrw
06-26-2006, 01:22 AM
Well as of now, I plan to come to AnimeFEST for the first time. Hoping to meet some people from Akon and new people I've never seen before.

Be cosplaying as:

Arrancar Aizen (From Akon)
Grimmjaw Jyagajaq
and possibly Hidan of Akatsuki

Kikala
06-26-2006, 01:27 AM
Kikala - I was there at 11 too. I did see someone holding two containers (didn't get to see what they were exactly) with what looked like food in them, and i was looking and trying to see if I knew him, but he just gave me this creepy "me-love-you-long-time" smile so I turned around and ran back down the escalator. Yeah....security was even more pissed at me after that

Yeah, I know what you mean. I was cosplaying the ANBU Neji... Though... I had brown hair and my friend drew his sign on my forehead.... But she forgot a few things... to make it worse. XD; Everyone was like... dude, you have a swaztica on your forhead. And I just wanted to kill something, so we went briefly back up to the room to fix it, and I like... triple checked to make sure it was good. We must have just missed ya. I saw a lot of people carryin around pizza... but I got too nervous to ask if it was for the party, I didn't want to sound rude. XD;;;

Viverra
06-26-2006, 01:27 AM
Well as of now, I plan to come to AnimeFEST for the first time. Hoping to meet some people from Akon and new people I've never seen before.

Be cosplaying as:

Arrancar Aizen (From Akon)
Grimmjaw Jyagajaq
and possibly Hidan of Akatsuki

Yay! A Hidan cosplayer! ^^ You need a Kakuzu! Well imma be Sexy no Jutsu Itachi so I'll definately look for you if you cosplay Hidan! =D

TransurrealisTristan
06-26-2006, 08:14 PM
I'll be 17 come October 6th,but I guess it can be early...My pal Yuki's bday was on the 7th of June,which was awesome.He said the best present he got this year was hanging out with me at A-Kon.

For me,I'm going for a panel for the art show.What is the policy for the costume contest?I'm entering a skit.

Plus,it's now 75/50 for the Sakura Haruno/Dark Yuna situation.Also...what time do you guys expect to get in?School has to be out...but isn't...:bigcry:

You guys hopping on the DART this time around?It'll stop at Reunion Station,which is just a walk away from the con itself.

Cat-Chans
06-26-2006, 09:13 PM
Pannels for the art show are 5 dollars, tables are 10.

MexicAnime
06-26-2006, 10:56 PM
I'll be 20 on August 14. The closest con during that time will be in Miami and Wichita, Kansas.

Sad for me, cause I can't afford to go to any to them. :waaaah: :blubber: :bigcry: Oh, such is this excistence we call life (aw man, I sound like a lil emo b****, also known as Sasuke,from Naruto :bigtu: )

Fallen)x(Angel
06-26-2006, 11:11 PM
(aw man, I sound like a lil emo b****, also known as Sasuke,from Naruto :bigtu: )

I hate being off topic, but WTF?!? How in hell is Sasuke emo?

Kikala - I heard a lot of people saying "yeah we got the pizza, but where are they?" I was going to ask them if they were looking for someone, but I had to go back in line with my friends for the P.Nano concert.