PDA

View Full Version : Group leader do we have one?

marsie
12-19-2005, 10:21 AM
Do we have an ACTIVE group leader?

I know Paul Soth WAS the person who requested this group but I wasn't sure how active of a memeber he is.

I would be more than happy to take this over if he is unable to do so.

If so i would prolly restructure it to being an Ohio Cosplay club, instead of just the Columbus area.

I didn't want to step on toes.

Miyabi-
12-19-2005, 11:28 PM
You've got my vote! ^_^

Hikaruchan
12-20-2005, 06:37 PM
I'd also say go for it, since no one else has posted about it.

Bobbi
12-21-2005, 09:41 PM
Would you just merge that with the Cleveland cosplay then so it's all of Ohio?

marsie
12-22-2005, 09:57 AM
With Ohio being so small we can really do some fun stuff. But i imed Paul and he said he didn't consider himself a leader.

So not sure. I'd be happy to start schedualing events and putting together cosplay groups.

Especially with all the cons we have going on.

Where did Cleveland go BTW? And only if they wanted to.

Bobbi
12-22-2005, 02:26 PM
Cleveland is hidden! Bwahaha. Actually we already have our usergroup. You'd have to PM Anne Packrat to find out.

marsie
12-22-2005, 07:12 PM
i am a part of that group...it says i am a memeber...*cries*

Mikepower9
12-22-2005, 08:39 PM
I would rather this stay a columbus oriented group. People from all over Ohio read these threads anyhow, but by staying focused it will allow for more activities.

marsie
12-22-2005, 08:44 PM
But until we get a large enough group to warrent a columbus only group....

I will not tell someone who lives in Cincy that they can't join this group

Amaya
12-22-2005, 09:17 PM
But until we get a large enough group to warrent a columbus only group....

I will not tell someone who lives in Cincy that they can't join this group

I'd have to agree. By expanding to all of Ohio, our group will become larger. It always seems the columbus group does absolutely nothing compared to the cleveland group. We aren't as active. Hopefully by expanding it will allow more activities since there will be more people willing to attend.

Anne Packrat
12-23-2005, 04:10 AM
I'd have to agree. By expanding to all of Ohio, our group will become larger. It always seems the columbus group does absolutely nothing compared to the cleveland group. We aren't as active. Hopefully by expanding it will allow more activities since there will be more people willing to attend.

Well, people from all over post in our group. I promoted it to everyone and we have people from Kentucky, California, Cincinnati, Michigan, Columbus AND Cleveland posting in it.

If any of you all want to join, just let me know. I'm a pretty easy-going forum / group leader. Just use the best grammar and spelling you can, and DO NOT insult other posters.

Mikepower9
12-26-2005, 03:01 AM
You may have misunderstood what I ment.

I would like the group to stay Columbus focused. Not columbus exclusive. It's good for nearby areas to know what's going on with us so they can be involved, cross promote, and advertise events that may be of interest to us.

But, I would like to see it stay focused in Columbus BECAUSE we don't seem to do anything. Someone contrasted us to the Cleveland group, which seems to do a very good job of organizing themselves for cons and other promotions. If I understand correctly, they occassionally/ have occasionally just met up and did stuff outside of any larger context as well. I think they have a good system, and they probably have a lot of fun. I would like to see that kind of community here, but it just isn't possible on the scale of a state. I think if we want the columbus community to become more active, we need to think locally and focus on building an open group of friends in our little region first. After that we could try to create a larger group (though there are no shortage of Ohio anime communities) for a greater ohio community, but at this point in time I think it would serve everyones interests better if each city built up its community, and then we worked from there. Working bottom to top rather than top to bottom, part to whole rather than whole to part.

marsie
12-29-2005, 01:03 PM
I understand what you are saying.

But we would really have to advertise a heck of a lot more.

If someone wants to help by making a flyer. I'll foot the bill and have it up at Ohayocon. Maybe bug them into getting a flyer in the reg bags.

Sporkstress
01-06-2006, 10:47 PM
I personally liked the idea of making it an Ohio thing. People can still talk about little gathering's and stuff that way, just because it's a thing for Ohio, not all of it would have to go, just those that can make it and don't live too far away to go.

That and I often feel Cincinnati is left out of stuff. No gatherings and stuff is EVER made for around here.

Misarylane
01-09-2006, 02:56 PM
I wounder if i can have a big cosplay sweet sixteen party this year?? If i did would you guys come?

Miyabi-
02-11-2006, 01:30 AM
Gah..i'm going to revive this group a little..^_^

What would you guys think about arranging a gathering at somewhere late in the spring for pictures? I was thinking maybe the botanical gardens or somewhere picturesque like that. ^_^ I'm not exactly from the Columbus area so I'm not sure what parks/greenhouses etc there are to pick from!

Maybe we could even have a picnic too! Everyone can bring something to share! ^_^

ryuuraigeki
02-12-2006, 01:37 PM
That sounds like fun! Hopefully I'll be driving by then. X3

marsie
02-19-2006, 08:57 PM
There is the park of roses but that only looks pretty in june.

I also like Blendon woods

Paul Soth
03-01-2006, 02:31 AM
Hey, sorry I've been so persona-non-grata... life for me over the past year was at the point that taking out the time and money to do cosplay was far too depressing to even think about. Needless to say, I've finally crawled back up from it.

However, if anyone wants to do anything together, that's totally fine by me. And really, I never really saw myself as leader... but anyone is welcome to take that role, I'm way to aloof for it.

Misarylane
03-01-2006, 01:25 PM
I would LOVE to do something this weekend if we could, but yeah cya guys laterz.

Miyabi-
03-09-2006, 01:28 AM
I was hoping we could go somewhere like a conservatory or the botanical gardens. ^^ I know there's a nice park on East Broad street that we could probably picnic at!