PDA

View Full Version : ordering cosplay goods from korea?

kiwi_lady
12-20-2005, 11:31 PM
im sorry for asking a stupid question at 12:30 at night but >_<
has anyone ordered from wigs from korea before??
if you did, how was the quality and where did u order it from?
my grandparents are coming over here sometime next year,
and i wanna get some cosplay stuff since they are like.. cheap X3;;
but i asked the ppl at the korean cosplay store about their wigs and their asnwers were
"we dont know the fiber, its some kind of plastic"
and
"we also dont know the length of the wig"
so that got me worried.. a little ;;
so yeah.. is this common when ordering wigs/cosplay stuff in korea >_<??
does any of you guys actually order cosplay related things from korea?
thanks~ <3 <3 <3

lainey
12-21-2005, 08:22 AM
Bought some RO stuff from Korea...but not wigs!

I was actually thinking about their wigs too.

If they don't know the length of the wig...then they most likely never see the wig lol (probably a drop ship)

kiwi_lady
12-21-2005, 01:01 PM
omg those little poring dolls they sell at the ragnarok site?? i want one of those really bad X3~~
should cosplay RO oneday... too bad almost all the outfits are like.. crazy^^;;
yeah korean wigs look Really Gud in the pictures +_+ and its only like 23 dollar which is pretty cheap compared to wigs here >_<
the stores im thinking about taking chances are
http://cosmaker.com
http://intothecos.com
http://jak-co.com
http://shop.hairheaven.co.kr/
hopefully im not getting ripped off or somthin...XDD

lainey
12-22-2005, 08:13 AM
I got the deviruichi plushie!!

btw..the wigs don't look that bad! When I have the chance, I will look through them.

If I'm not mistaken, I saw some of those same wigs on a japanese wig store too.

kiwi_lady
12-22-2005, 06:41 PM
RO is so freakin cute... too bad the manwha-ga wont continue the manwha though TT_TT!!
the wigs do look awesome in the pictures +_+ !!
but i had bad experience with just going with pictures ...
so im more cautious now -_- ;;
i asked korean cosplayers about it and supposedly, hairheaven has the best wigs :3~
so im thinkin about ordering my most important ones from there, and buy the less important ones at the other stores ~~

Silence_Sigh
01-04-2006, 05:53 AM
i just want to give a personal THANK YOU to kiwi lady for the websites!

and now i have a question.

1. do the websites that you provided must be registered user in order to order stuff?
2. when registering do u have to give a korean social security number?(i know alot of korean websites such as daum.net requires it and since i was born here in the US i dont have one)

kiwi_lady
01-05-2006, 07:40 AM
you are super welcome XD!
1. yeah... korean ppl and their.. registering issues lol
but i dont think Jak-co asks for it :3!
2. you need korean social to register for the sites that asks for memberships >_<
sometimes they let foreigners register too on some sites but they require copys of ur passports and bunch of documents ... high security ^^;;
but if your parents are from korea, maybe u can ask them about their number :3 thts wht i used to do until i reached 14 XDD

Silence_Sigh
01-08-2006, 05:22 AM
you are super welcome XD!
1. yeah... korean ppl and their.. registering issues lol
but i dont think Jak-co asks for it :3!
2. you need korean social to register for the sites that asks for memberships >_<
sometimes they let foreigners register too on some sites but they require copys of ur passports and bunch of documents ... high security ^^;;
but if your parents are from korea, maybe u can ask them about their number :3 thts wht i used to do until i reached 14 XDD

bummer... :bigcry:

i *would* ask but that would just be adding another line on their list of things that they feel i should not be doing... :snoring:

hahahaha, this is such a tease... to have all those things in front of you and not be able to have it... sigh...

kiwi_lady
01-08-2006, 07:08 PM
oh i know i hate it too -_-
u go around look and the thing is like 4 dollars and ur like i have 4 dollars right here... but u cant get it cuz its in korea... they are evil like tht XD

AnnAnime
01-16-2006, 04:07 PM
Could I have the link to the place you're all talking about? Thanks!

lainey
03-09-2006, 01:25 PM
oh i know i hate it too -_-
u go around look and the thing is like 4 dollars and ur like i have 4 dollars right here... but u cant get it cuz its in korea... they are evil like tht XD

Hey hey ^_^ I was wondering if you ended up ordering those wigs, and wanted to know how was the quality!

kiwi_lady
03-09-2006, 09:02 PM
yeah now that you mention it... i AM getting wigs from gabalnara for Kel so when it comes here i'll look at it and tell ppl on here about it X3!

Silence_Sigh
03-17-2006, 08:37 AM
i know this is a little off topic but go watch a movie called "gabal". now im terrified of long black wigs.

Clueless Case
06-06-2006, 01:41 PM
ne word on this?

hibekisensai
06-06-2006, 02:49 PM
ottok'ke chinae se yo? :)

never ordered cosplay stuff from korea...i have ordered clothing/anime stuff from gmarket...i'm pretty sure you can order cosplay stuff there too...haven't been there in a while though.

kiwi_lady
06-06-2006, 03:23 PM
oh yeah.. got the wigs from korea xD;
sorry about posting so late >.>
they are very nice, its not like.. beasty thick like amphigory femme fetale or Angela 750 from cosworx, but fiber is BEAUTIFUL and it doesnt really tangle whole lot +_+!
i would've so kept it for myself if i didnt love kel unni 110% xD
heres the site i ordered from
Http://www.gabalnara.com

Clueless Case
06-06-2006, 06:11 PM
Does anyone know any stores over in korea? I usually go do the whole asian shopping spree for like a month over during the summer.

hibekisensai
06-06-2006, 08:04 PM
^uh...like where in Korea? and what are you looking to buy? since you said asian shopping spree, then you want to buy anything? everything?!? Seoul is about all i know of or can tell you about:

Itaewon Market...you can buy just about anything here, including cosplay/anime related stuff...

Myung Dong Shopping Center - this is like young peoples hangout...lots of shops, restaurants, etc...

COEX Mall...I hear this is a really fun and cool place to go....a lot more than shopping...movies, recreation, etc...

there are some other koreans on the site that have recently been to Korea....search the "Koreans in the House" thread....maybe try pm some of them?

Clueless Case
06-06-2006, 10:37 PM
hehe yeah I should be more specific. I usually end up going to like Taiwan,HK, and korea. Thanks for the places.

JackSpooky
06-09-2006, 12:22 PM
Kiwi lady-!
how did you order your wig from gabalnara?
do they ship overseas to america?
how do you pay and all?
thank you

kiwi_lady
06-11-2006, 08:23 AM
i had my uncle order it for me and ship it over xDD
and yeah they do overseas to here also~
i dont know how you can pay internationally... but they DO ship here xD!

hibekisensai
06-11-2006, 02:29 PM
^invisionfree marketplace tells you how to do all international ordering...same way you order stuff from gmarket and have shipped to the north america......i think the last exchange rate was something like 994 wan = 1 usd...