PDA

View Full Version : Usergroup Banners

Admin
12-21-2005, 06:49 AM
Usergroups are allowed to have banners which will appear on member profiles for everyone inside of the usergroup.

Because this is an automated feature, the banners all need to be the same size. The banner size I am proposing is 250x30. The profile pages will be 600 pixels wide, so that allows us to place 2 across on each profile page. I don't want them to be gigantic because some members might wind up joining dozens of usergroups when all is said and done.

Please keep them under 15KB each. 10-12KB is ideal. You'll want to make sure the banner design is relevant to the group, and contains the usergroup name in readable text.

This banner will also serve as a link to your usergroup homepage, which will contain your latest news, links to your galleries and basic information you want the public and prospective members to see about your group.

Anyway, unless anyone has a better idea re: the mini-banners, go ahead and make one for your group if you want. My goal is to have most of the main usergroup features finished right around New Years, including the home pages.

Let's use this thread to post the finished banners in and discuss this feature.

Sana-chan
12-21-2005, 04:17 PM
I think 250x30 is a good size ^_^ I made one banner so far for the SEED Cosplay group:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v13/Sana-chan/seedcosplay.jpg

The file size is around 14kb. I plan to make more later on, but I just wanted to test it out for now ^^

Admin
12-21-2005, 04:45 PM
Awesome, thanks for making a sample. I agree that size should be perfect.

firedramage
02-24-2006, 08:15 AM
delete post. please

firedramage
02-24-2006, 08:16 AM
delete 2 post. please. sorry about this.