PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone help me out????

Giant Alucard
02-10-2003, 08:07 AM
Everyone knows how hard it is to get a costume ready for the con. I started my costume a little late and now it seems like i'm going to have to pay for it. My Alucard costume was coming along great til i just stood there and looked at it for a while. I had the gloves, suit, overcoat, tie, didn't need the guns cause of all the rules, and i was going to get the fangs in the mail. Then it hit me that i was missing Alucards round yellow sunglasses. I've been looking at my local stores and no one seems to have them anymore and they wont recieve any til next halloween. The best i could do was get these nice looking red ones from where i work at (and there not even round, but still nice none the less). I also tryed on ebay, they had some on sale but the thing kept telling me that i was being overbid, and the others i found would not reach me til i got back from the con.
What i'm going to ask is this:

Is there Anyone going to con that would have a pair of the sunglasses i need, and would be willing to brinf them there ???? I know it seems alot, but i would be willing to pay for them (or trade) at the con itself. Right now i am kind of desperate to get this done, so if anyone can help, please IM me or reply to this thread.

Thanx in advance

Ayaka
02-10-2003, 11:52 AM
You may very well be able to get a pair of the Alucard sunglasses from a dealer at the con. If not, wear the red ones, and say you're the manga version. ^^ (No really, people probably wouldn't argue with you, colors often vary from manga to anime.)

However, I will be making a run or two to pick up one last thing for Katsu, so if I see any round yellow sunglasses I can pick you up a pair. They won't be just like Alucard's, but would similar be worth it to you?

rpd_girl
02-10-2003, 02:23 PM
not sure where you are from, but do you have a Good will (Red White and Blue, aka second hand store) near you? I was just at Good will (I get all my cistume stuff therez)... but they have new stuff too. They had tons of round yellow siunglasses! Like, red, yellow, green, lue, black... I got a pair of red for my friend's Lara Croft otfit. .99 cents yo! Can't beat that! rocks! Check places like that... or wal Mart! (is the queen of sahopping around fo rdeals! never pay full price)

Can anyone tell em where I can find white short dress gloves? need some...haven't looked yetb though.

Sorry if this doesn't make much sense maybe... drunk... yeah.. went out between classes for lunch.,... oy! Fajitas, rum runners and margaritas. heartburn... ok bub bye now :)

Lady_Sephiroth
02-10-2003, 04:43 PM
White short dress gloves -- Claire's/Afterthoughts. THey have them in all kinds of lengths, I get all my Sailor Moon gloves theer, I tend to wear them out :)

rpd_girl
02-10-2003, 05:09 PM
ooo was there yesterday. didn't think of it! man, gotta go back. thanks :)

cyankirby
02-10-2003, 05:13 PM
If you look in the Walmart party section, you can find round yellow sunglasses for about 2 bucks. They're a little small and won't stand up to too much abuse but if you're desperate, you might want to check that option out...

Giant Alucard
02-10-2003, 08:34 PM
i have a couple pair of short white dress gloves and i wont need all of them, 2 are cotton and one is silk. If you want you can have one of the two that i am not using for my Alucard costume. I'll Think of it as payment for the advice you gave me.

Giant Alucard
02-11-2003, 07:11 AM
Hey ayaka ,
if you could pick me up a pair that come close to it I would appreciate that too. The red ones i have look nothing like the ones he wears, there not even round. They remind me of the glasses that tom cruise wears in mission impossible, just red.

rpd_girl
02-11-2003, 07:36 AM
OOOOOOO!!! Thank you! the cotton ones sound perfect! I need them for Saturday! You are so nice to offer me! Thanks so much! Are they ladies gloves, or mens? I think I wear about a 71/2 gloves (at least gloves I bought resently are) They say the shoe size is your hat and gloves size.... but I have little hands I guess. :)

Giant Alucard
02-11-2003, 08:49 AM
hhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmm
not quite sure on the size. The cotton ones are pretty big since i had to get to fit my hands, and i am pretty big. The silk ones are about your size though. If you dont want to wear those though, i can pick some up free from where i work at, thats where i got mine from. just meet me at the con and i'll give them to you there. Look for the giant tan guy and that should be me. And if you can't find me, call out the name Chibi and i should respond, since that is what most of my friends call me. give me and IM or PM if you need to.