PDA

View Full Version : Bramalea City Centre Fabricland

kuko-chan
12-25-2005, 10:17 PM
I was just curious to know how many people here get their fabric for cosplaying from Fabricland in Bramalea City Centre.

I used to pop in there often last year and talked with the employees and they said they get lots of people going to Anime North.

Now I'm actually working at Fabricland and I wanted an idea of how many cosplayers will be paying my place a visit. :) If you ever happen to see me, just say hi, don't be shy!

EDIT: This Saturday (14th) is our big members' sale. People who have membership cards with us save 50% of everything in the store (except promotional items). Just thought I'd get the word out. Membership cards are only $15 and last until Aug. 2006.

[/sales pitch]

Kohana
12-25-2005, 10:25 PM
oh really? thats cool I work in that area too ... so I often pop into the fabricland too... so maybe I'll see ya there

kuko-chan
12-25-2005, 10:39 PM
oh really? thats cool I work in that area too ... so I often pop into the fabricland too... so maybe I'll see ya there
That's cool! I'm looking forward to the (many anticipated) cosplayers popping in! So hopefully I'll see you on one of my working days (it varies depending on the sales going on at the moment).

FiaNari
12-25-2005, 11:04 PM
Well I used to live very nearby, but I could always come down(to see Comic World again too), could I perhaps get a discount?<3

mokulen22
12-27-2005, 07:21 AM
I pop in there often (if I can't find a good match in walmaet's 1.99/m bin. lol)

kuko-chan
12-27-2005, 10:39 AM
FiaNari - Hehe, I don't know about the discount, but feel free to visit me sometimes. :P

Mokulen22 - I know what you mean about Walmart. I actually found a better match for a trim with gold coins (for a Tsubasa Sakura costume) at Walmart while Fabricland had nothing of the sort. However, when it comes to beaded trims, we're REALLY outdated! :P

Vicky
12-27-2005, 02:37 PM
I've been in there once. Although the Mississauga Fabricland has nothing on you guys, you have a lot less spiders crawling around @____@;

FiaNari
12-28-2005, 12:28 AM
FiaNari - Hehe, I don't know about the discount, but feel free to visit me sometimes. :P

Well...sure!!I will come in wearing persocom ears so there's no confusion. It is quite the travelling but for my Brampton it's well worth it!!

kuko-chan
12-28-2005, 12:29 AM
Vicky - Whoa... spiders? :S As far as I know, we have no spiders... :P

Vicky
12-28-2005, 12:48 AM
oh yeah, big huge honking white-ish spiders EVERYWHERE. The worst part is, I didn't even notice them right away. Then when I saw the first one, I suddenly saw them EVERYWHERE! THE HORROR!!! They were on the floors, the walls, on the fabrics... I was afraid to touch anything! I ended up just paying for what I grabbed and left... and immediately stripped off my clothes and took a shower. *shudders just thinking about it*

lainey
12-28-2005, 09:33 AM
I used to go there...but now I mostly hit the one on Dundas or the one on Yonge and Bloor.

FiaNari
12-28-2005, 10:02 AM
Yonge and Bloor has a fabricland?Oh must be inside the Cumberland Centre.

TribalButterfly
12-28-2005, 10:39 AM
ugh, i love fabricland!!!

50+% off sale on saturday the 16th!!! WOO! I'm so skipping work to spend the day fabric shopping! haha!

FiaNari
12-28-2005, 12:33 PM
January the 16th?If so that would be sweet, three days after my b-day I should have money.

kuko-chan
12-28-2005, 01:17 PM
I'm not sure if I'm working on the 16th, but if not, I'll pop in regardless. Maybe we could make an event of it! :P I kid, but it'd be fun to see fellow cosplayers.

And thank god we don't have spiders! I'd be creeped out beyond belief, I'd quit! :D

Vicky
12-28-2005, 01:35 PM
is that ALL fabriclands??????

FiaNari
12-28-2005, 02:34 PM
I'm not sure if I'm working on the 16th, but if not, I'll pop in regardless. Maybe we could make an event of it! :P I kid, but it'd be fun to see fellow cosplayers.

And thank god we don't have spiders! I'd be creeped out beyond belief, I'd quit! :D

it would be even more fun to have a Fia cosplayer b-day party.:rockon:

black_london
12-28-2005, 03:07 PM
I go to that Fabricland all the time! Right now I am poor so I have no money... but I do need to buy some more green fabric for my Urahara costume.

TribalButterfly
12-29-2005, 09:50 AM
is that ALL fabriclands??????

I'm not sure if it's ALL fabriclands, but I think it is because I recently got the flyer for it in the mail and the flyers for it aren't store specific. So, yea, I'm assuming that the sale is all of them.
It might just pertain to fabricland membership card holders though, because I think those flyers only get sent out to fabricland members. Either that, or it pertains to everyone, but only the membership card holders get the advanced notice about it - i dunno.
But i'm pretty sure it's Fabriclands everywhere. :)

FiaNari
12-29-2005, 10:29 AM
I think she was talking about the spider problem.

Chosuke
12-29-2005, 10:38 AM
I go there every once in a while.
I mainly hit the shoppers world fabricland.
I'm hoping this 50% off sale is everywhere..

Vicky
12-29-2005, 01:21 PM
I think she was talking about the spider problem.

No, Desdemona was right *L*

Thanks, hon! I'm gonna check it out then... And possibly see about getting one of those memberships, if possible :9

FiaNari
12-29-2005, 01:59 PM
Lol I feel owned now.

TribalButterfly
12-29-2005, 06:30 PM
It's totally possible to get one of those fabricland membership cards. you can buy them at any fabricland (as far as i know). There's a membership fee of about 30 dollars, but if you buy fabric regularly like i do then its totally worth it and you earn your money back because the more you spend the more you save :)
Plus every year when you renew your membership it's a lot cheeper. Like, 10 dollars or something.

The only thing is though, regardless of when you get your membership, it expiers in August, so if you buy it in August you can get a whole year's worth of use out of it, rather than buying it now and only getting 8 months worth of use out of it, but still, better late than never :)

DiGi_Rin
12-29-2005, 07:04 PM
Omg I shop there all the time. I just bought some fabric there today XD

Vicky
12-29-2005, 07:21 PM
Yeah I have a membership at the Beauty Supply Outlet chain stores and it paid itself off the day I bought it *LOL* Wig styling is so expensive T-T

If the renewal is cheaper then I'll get it for sure! Thanks Desdemona~ :)
I'll pick one up sometime early January. I'll definately be there for that sale. I bought some fabric today just to get started on the smaller pieces of the costume so I'll save the big work for that sale O_O

kuko-chan
12-29-2005, 07:26 PM
Actually, it's not too expensive to get a Fabricland membership. It's only $15 to join, it expires in August like Desdemona said, and it's $12 to renew it every year. I think if you want one that doesn't expire until 2007 or 2008, it's a little more price-y. (Okay, I'll stop talking like a salesgirl now. :P)

mokulen22
12-30-2005, 07:55 AM
I think next time I go in and buy something I'll actually get the membership -- everytime I go (which is pretty often) the lady at the cash is like "Do you have a membership?" and I always reply "oh, right I need to get that...next time." and the same thing happens the next time I go. But I swear, the next time I go, I will..haha.

kuko-chan
12-30-2005, 08:24 PM
I think next time I go in and buy something I'll actually get the membership -- everytime I go (which is pretty often) the lady at the cash is like "Do you have a membership?" and I always reply "oh, right I need to get that...next time." and the same thing happens the next time I go. But I swear, the next time I go, I will..haha.
ROFL, yeah, I kpet doing that too! Then my mom let me borrow hers for a while.

lainey
12-30-2005, 08:40 PM
The sale is for everywhere ^_^

Yes there's a fabricland at yonge and bloor...it's in the hudson bay center. I frequent that fabric land the most since it's close to UofT campus..and Dundas because it's close to my bf's house and right across my cousin's lol

TribalButterfly
12-30-2005, 08:49 PM
I really lucked out today! Some reletives of mine (older aunts who also sew) came visiting from New York today, and dropped off for me a garbage bag FULL of material, patterns and a new wardrobe for me to use in my sewing! WOW! :)
Its not gunna keep me from that fabricland sale though! haha!

Wouldn't it be hillarious if we all went to the sale on the 16th and a few of us ran into eachother, here and there? haha! Though, some of us might not recognize eachother! :)

kuko-chan
12-31-2005, 09:34 AM
Yeah, for all I know, I might have to work that day, so I might recognize you guys from profile pictures and whatnot.

FiaNari
12-31-2005, 02:49 PM
Yeah, for all I know, I might have to work that day, so I might recognize you guys from profile pictures and whatnot.

if I ever went, expect a guy in persocom ears ftw!!(I would venture to say there aren't much of those)
@Lainey:Ok, now I know where it is.

Vicky
01-01-2006, 03:42 AM
Thanks, Lainey-chan ^_^

everytime I go (which is pretty often) the lady at the cash is like "Do you have a membership?" and I always reply "oh, right I need to get that...next time." and the same thing happens the next time I go. But I swear, the next time I go, I will..haha.
Yeah I'm definately guilty of that, LOL
But i've never been asked if I was interested so I always assumed you had to be one of the lucky people, lol

lainey
01-01-2006, 09:48 AM
Here are all of the Ontario fabricland locations:
http://fabricland.ca/locations.html

(btw Vicky...let me know when you want to pick up the sewing machine ^_^)

kuko-chan
01-02-2006, 11:09 AM
Yup, perscom ears shouldn't be that hard to pick out. ^^

Y'know what? I didn't even know about this sale on the 16th until it was mentioned here! Even my mom knows about it! I think I'll have to sign up for the flyer to keep track of my own store's sales. :P

FiaNari
01-02-2006, 01:33 PM
Yup, perscom ears shouldn't be that hard to pick out. ^^

Y'know what? I didn't even know about this sale on the 16th until it was mentioned here! Even my mom knows about it! I think I'll have to sign up for the flyer to keep track of my own store's sales. :P

I just hope I get birthday money....wow I am pathetic.:bigcry:

kuko-chan
01-05-2006, 01:19 AM
Er... I just checked the flyer online... it says our big sale is on the 14th, not the 16th. And it's for members. Just thought I'd clear up any confusion and avoid going the wrong day. :)

TribalButterfly
01-05-2006, 09:24 AM
You know what? I was JUST coming on this thread now to correct that! haha!
Yup everyone, its on the 14th! not the 16th! Haha! My bad! :) I dunno where I got the 16th from :p
The 14th should have been easy to remember - it's also my boyfriend's Birthday! haha!

Sorry everyone, it's the 14th! And it's still a saturday :)

Jiah
01-05-2006, 10:13 AM
Curious, where is Bramalea?
I've done minimal fabric shopping before, but when I have I think I went to the one in Dundas. Either that or Hamilton. Can't quite remember XP

FiaNari
01-05-2006, 12:01 PM
Bramalea is ummm wow I never expected such question. Well Bramalea City Centre is at Dixie and Clark and Bramalea is like the heart of Brampton(which is beside Caledon,Etobicoke,Missisauga and York region). The 14th a day after my b-day? and I would need a membership?

kuko-chan
01-06-2006, 09:11 AM
According to the flyer, you need a membership for the %50 off.

FiaNari
01-06-2006, 10:52 AM
But I guess if I am going to keep buying stuff it's well worth it, question is will I even have enough to get everything I want/need.

TribalButterfly
01-06-2006, 12:11 PM
That kinda makes sense, considering only members get the flyer.

Vicky
01-06-2006, 04:24 PM
thanks for the head's up!

kuko-chan
01-12-2006, 12:30 AM
Hey all, just thought I'd make a minor reminder about the sale coming up (for those who didn't know) and get this thread living again. :D

TribalButterfly
01-12-2006, 07:50 AM
YAY! I'm hoping to get all my fabric needs taken care for this Saturday!!!

I don't have much time to shop though, because it's also my boyfriend's birthday that day! :P

mokulen22
01-12-2006, 08:24 AM
Cool, i'll be there (the actual City Centre one)...Still havn't decided on a cosplay for AN yet so I'll be there looking arround...hopefully I get some ideas *sigh*

FiaNari
01-12-2006, 08:55 AM
Hey all, just thought I'd make a minor reminder about the sale coming up (for those who didn't know) and get this thread living again. :D

I dunno if I'll be there, it's a day after my b-day, but I'll try(if I am sober).:cheers:

Kohana
01-12-2006, 09:38 AM
I'll try and stop by before work.... hopefully I remember

kuko-chan
01-12-2006, 03:22 PM
Well I look forward to seeing some of you there! I'll be working all day long until closing! I'll wear something recognizable, like a Hello Kitty top, or some sticker on my name tag. :P

TribalButterfly
01-12-2006, 05:15 PM
I just came from the fabricland neer my house (I wen't to go scope out what was in stock, and where everything I want is - that way when i go in on Saturday I can just run in, and get everything I want, without having to waste a lot of time looking around in a crowded fabric store! haha!
So devious! :);)

kuko-chan
01-13-2006, 03:40 PM
I just came from the fabricland neer my house (I wen't to go scope out what was in stock, and where everything I want is - that way when i go in on Saturday I can just run in, and get everything I want, without having to waste a lot of time looking around in a crowded fabric store! haha!
So devious! :);)
Good thinking!

If there's one thing I like about working at Fabricland, it's that I don't have to worry about huge crowds on a daily basis. The only time we get them is on sale days, and more often then not, it's people who misread the sale sign thinking a member's sale applies to everyone. They'll fight me on it too! They'll try telling me I'm wrong! :D It's fun!

TribalButterfly
01-13-2006, 05:32 PM
Thanx! :)

And, I feel your pain! I used to have to deal with customers like that all the time! :p Haha!

FiaNari
01-13-2006, 09:39 PM
I for sure can't go for the sale, but I will try some time for sure!!

kuko-chan
01-14-2006, 10:04 AM
I for sure can't go for the sale, but I will try some time for sure!!
Aw, too bad, man! Happy birthday, btw! :D

FiaNari
01-14-2006, 11:11 AM
Aw, too bad, man! Happy birthday, btw! :D

Your the first on cosplay.com to say thank you!!!*gets emotioned in a good way*Well cause of that reason exactly, today will mainly be for festivities. Actually I should probably get myself to go within the month anyways.

Vicky
01-14-2006, 02:04 PM
okay so, what day is it then?

FiaNari
01-14-2006, 03:17 PM
okay so, what day is it then?

The sale as I know is the fourteenth(today) if that was the question.

kuko-chan
01-14-2006, 09:46 PM
Ah, the sales over! I get to put my feet up! Sorry if I missed any of you who came in but didn't see me. At one point, I got stuck helping people in the back and I missed the rush that happened at the front.

I did get to see Moonchild Suki! :D Huzza for cosplayers congressing!

TribalButterfly
01-14-2006, 09:59 PM
SO, did anyone else make out good today at the sale??? :)

I got there almost right when the store opened, and you'd think that with a fairly empty parkinglot, and the roads covered in ice that right at store opening it might still be a little not crowded right? SO WRONG! Haha! Oh, the aisles were empty, but the cutting tables were PACKED! I somehow managed to get the last spot at the 2n'd cutting table, saving me from a long wait in a huge lineup! HAHA! I guess other people had the same idea as me - scan the place for everything you want, and where it is, and then come in for the sale bright and early while it's still there, and head straight for the cutting tables! haha!

I did good though! It was SO worth it! I got ALL my fabric and notions for Anime North, AND Saved myself a cool $115.00 dollars by hitting everything 50% off!!! WOO i love sales, AND my Fabricland membership card! Haha! :)

black_london
01-14-2006, 10:43 PM
I went there around 1PM, I only spent 18 bucks, wich was all I had anyways! lol I bought 3 meters of black fabric and 2 meters of green, for my Urahara costume for AN.

Blade Tiger
01-14-2006, 11:05 PM
I don't have a membership, so I had to go to Fabricland with my mother to take advantage of the sale. It was all good though, I got 6 metres of the purple fabric that I ran out of the other day and still need for the rest of my costume.

I thought I'd never see two old ladies competing for cutting-table space. I thought wrong.

I guess other people had the same idea as me - scan the place for everything you want, and where it is, and then come in for the sale bright and early while it's still there, and head straight for the cutting tables! haha!
That was a similar strategy to my own; knowing in advance where everything I want is. Had to visit 2 Fabriclands before I found it, though. That was annoying.

FiaNari
01-14-2006, 11:41 PM
Ah, the sales over! I get to put my feet up! Sorry if I missed any of you who came in but didn't see me. At one point, I got stuck helping people in the back and I missed the rush that happened at the front.

I did get to see Moonchild Suki! :D Huzza for cosplayers congressing!

Sowwy I couldn't come.:bigcry: Next time!!*pinky swears*

lainey
01-15-2006, 09:00 AM
Never ended up going O_O
I was working on assignments and stuff, so bleh.

Will hit downtown fabric places later on this month after all of my tests and assignments are done >_<

FiaNari
01-15-2006, 10:04 AM
The downtown ones are actually closer to me, I can go there anyday really...but oh to be back in Brampton(plus a lot of mail keeps going there).

kuko-chan
01-15-2006, 11:58 AM
Yeah, even tho I was working that day, I still got all my shopping done. I had my mother come in and pick out everything on my list. It came out to be cheaper than I expected! So that worked out in the end. By the end of the week, I should be finished my X-2 costumes (well... not quite Yuna's... I need to do a fitting with my friend to make sure the top fits, and I still need fabric paint) and my Rosette Christopher costume.

Fia, it's okay you didn't get to make this sale. We'll all still see each other at AN (or MTAC if you're coming), and at the Final Fantasy photoshoot at AN. :D

Vicky
01-15-2006, 12:02 PM
yeah i was too busy sleeping in LOL

FiaNari
01-15-2006, 01:56 PM
Yeah, even tho I was working that day, I still got all my shopping done. I had my mother come in and pick out everything on my list. It came out to be cheaper than I expected! So that worked out in the end. By the end of the week, I should be finished my X-2 costumes (well... not quite Yuna's... I need to do a fitting with my friend to make sure the top fits, and I still need fabric paint) and my Rosette Christopher costume.

Fia, it's okay you didn't get to make this sale. We'll all still see each other at AN (or MTAC if you're coming), and at the Final Fantasy photoshoot at AN. :D

heh heh for sure, and yes I will be at Mtac, as what? Don't know yet, but I guess it's more intriguing that way!!