PDA

View Full Version : Kyoto Cosplay

ainead
12-29-2005, 11:14 AM
Sorry this is in English rather than Japanese but my poor Japanese skills would just butcher your beautiful language ;)

I was wondering if anyone knew of any cosplay meets that happen in Kyoto. I'm in the Shiga area but only 20 min or so from Kyoto City.

I have heard that some cosplayers meet at the Kyoto Kaikan (near the Heian Shrine) but I don't know when.

If anyone knows I would love to find out when and where they happen because 6 months without meeting another cosplayer is a bit too much! ;D

Thank you.

siril
12-29-2005, 03:13 PM
Was in Kyoto for 1 year, and there is Comi-con at the Kyoto kaikan.
If you go to Comicon webpage, Im pretty sure they'll have schedules.
If you want, go check out Comic City at Osaka in Jan. HUGE event.

Can't recal the URL off the bat, but I think there is a Japanese site for con schedules, even minor ones. Bet there is something in Shiga too.

ainead
12-30-2005, 12:18 AM
Thanks Siril! I found the website ok (was just www.comicon.co.jp incase anyone else wants to find it).

There might be something in Shiga but I doubt it. It seems that Shiga is a little conservative. But it's no hassle to get to Kyoto Kaikan for me so thanks again for the help!

sup_emu
01-09-2006, 10:16 PM
You live in Shiga?! I live in Otsu! Lets meet up somplace and talk cosplay!

YoshidaEri
01-23-2006, 02:55 PM
Thanks Siril! I found the website ok (was just www.comicon.co.jp incase anyone else wants to find it).

There might be something in Shiga but I doubt it. It seems that Shiga is a little conservative. But it's no hassle to get to Kyoto Kaikan for me so thanks again for the help!

Wow! That's a lot of cons/events! Hopefully I can catch military flights from Okinawa and attend as many as possible :D

ainead
02-07-2006, 10:19 PM
Let me know if you are going to catch a flight up and we can go together. Two Eigo-ga speakers is better than one! :D