PDA

View Full Version : Who wants BAAF back?

RogueMimzy
12-29-2005, 10:02 PM
I came up with this really crazy idea to try to bring back BAAF. It includes petitions and connections at conventions and Suncoasts. Is anyone interested in this proposal, or am I ridiculous for thinking this?

PatrickD
12-29-2005, 10:59 PM
...and who are you going to present this petition to? You could have 1000 signatures, but it doesn't matter if there's nobody left to even look at it.

Honestly, I think this petition has a snowball's chance in Hell of working. CPM (the primary organization behind BAAF) has zero interest in running it again...most likely due to financial reasons and staff turnover.

The odds would be better for a new group to start a con in NYC from the ground up. Resurrecting a long-dead con is highly unlikely.

RogueMimzy
12-30-2005, 09:51 PM
major thanks for your input on this...Anime Boston Chairman :japan: wooooow...

with that said though, does anyone else have any ideas about this? any input at all would be fantastic!

~meri-san

esantiago7292
12-30-2005, 09:59 PM
I would love to see it happen again but it dosent seem likely to happen, there are always ways to start cons in your area...but you have to start small like with park gatherings ect.

Mariposa
12-31-2005, 08:39 PM
I miss BAAF very much :( It was my very first anime convention and I had soooo much fun and admired all the cosplayers and went to like every single panel and autograph signing and the masquerade and anime music video contest, and all of that. I wish it would come back!! I don't think it's likely, though. Sad.

mohee311
01-02-2006, 12:07 AM
WELL as it does seem like a lost cause...its pretty sad...this was my first con too and it's what made me into the crazy cosplaying fool I am today....

So sad BAFF -_- I wish you could come back to us....