PDA

View Full Version : Quick Question about Haku (Naruto)

RevGirl
01-02-2006, 04:06 PM
I'm trying to decide whether I can do Haku's costume in time for Katsucon and there's just one aspect I can't figure out: how the scarf (for lack of a more accurate term) that ties the around his waist actually ties in the back so that just one end is dangling. If anyone who's done this outfit or knows what I'm talking about can suggest something (or find me a detailed picture) that would be fantastic.

FiaNari
01-02-2006, 04:21 PM
Wouldn't it be a sash?

teafunnyx3
01-02-2006, 04:23 PM
http://www.scans.janchan.com/naruto/pg5.jpg

this some what shows how the sash is tied in the back.

Temperance
01-02-2006, 04:54 PM
Heh. I went to Le Chateau and found a long knit scarf, which I tied around my waist. Worked just lovely.

narutomoto
01-02-2006, 06:09 PM
Yeah, hopefully you have long enough scarf, sash, piece of clothing, etc. that is able to wrap around your waist at least 1 time (eventhough it's twice) and still be long enough to end at around your ankle level. People that I see cosplay as Haku get the dangling part too short (around the butt level) which is okay but the longer is better. Good luck!

Chibi-kun
01-02-2006, 06:17 PM
my sister did a Haku cosplay and we had hers drag down. If not for her shoes they would have dragged down completely to the floor. And we were able to tie it around her tummy twice like Hakus since the sash we used was two brown scarfs sewed together

RevGirl
01-02-2006, 10:18 PM
Sash! Of course! thanks for all the advice. Especially thanks to teafunnyx3 that drawing is excellent!! *sigh* now if I can only make it in time with 2 additional costumes to start with a month or so left...

bakachibineko
01-07-2006, 11:40 AM
I think I'm going to be making a Haku costume as my first, because it looks relatively easy. One question I have in particular is how to go about making the mask. O.O

Cora
01-07-2006, 12:34 PM
I think I'm going to be making a Haku costume as my first, because it looks relatively easy. One question I have in particular is how to go about making the mask. O.O

I am going to attempt and see if I can't make an ANBU mask for my ANBU Kakashi costume with wonderflex. I haven't attempted yet because...well...my wonderflex hasn't come yet @_@ If I find that it works out pretty well, I'll post a thread about it ^^

Although since Haku's mask is actually simpler (just basically a round disc, if I remember correctly) that should be much easier than the Konoha ANBU masks ^^;

makotohanabi
01-07-2006, 10:32 PM

this might help
http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t-40645&highlight=haku%27s+mask If you do a forum search in the props & accessories section you'll probably find some others. If I make the mask I'll follow the advice here.

For my sash I bought 2yds of brown fabric cut and sewed the pieces together. Made sure the end ended a few inches below my knees. Any longer and people would be stepping on it.

hope it helps

Chibi-kun
01-08-2006, 02:56 AM
i made my sisters mask using paper machette. I used a balloon as a base then covered part of it with paper then later trimmed down the sides so it fitted her face then painted it.