PDA

View Full Version : sakuracon06 costume progress

kitti-chan
01-03-2006, 04:03 PM
I will be starting my sakura costume thsi next weekend, and by starting i mean going and gathering my supplies at the fabric store in olympia.....I have my two costumes fromlast year... just slowly building on m,y collection.

So i thought hmm.. I wonder where everyone else is in their costume making for this years con. so?

Where are you at in your costume? What are you having difficulties with?

Kumi-chan
01-03-2006, 04:33 PM
Stalled in the early stages right now. My move is interfering with my sewing, but at least once I'm moved into my new place, all my supplies will be nicely organized and I'll have an actual work space. One of the reasons I'm seriously considering a particular apartment is because the kitchen/breakfast counter is so large, I could actually lay out and cut fabric on it.

I've aquired the underkimono pattern and nearly all of the fabric for my Princess Tomoyo costume...still need the lavender for one of the layers and to make a pattern for the outer kimono.

My Shampoo costume is about 70% done, so I'm thinking I might add that to my list of cosplays for Sakura Con. The wig and tunic are almost completed, and the leggings are done, but I still need to make the breastplate and bonburi weapons.

Biggest problem? Making the pattern for my Princess Tomoyo outer kimono. I'm starting to figure it out, but I'm still having issues figuring out the pattern shapes.

Kioko
01-04-2006, 05:08 PM
Even though I promised myself that I would have 50% of all my costumes done for Scon by the end of winter break that never ended up happening.>< So far I only have about 30% of each one done... Its going to be a very costume driven months to the con.XD

I am not really having too much difficulties just motivation .XD Hohoho *Procrastination Queen*

Sasutard
01-11-2006, 03:49 AM
I'm planning on crossplaying Sasuke at SakuraCon, and so far I havn't really started -smacks self- Though I am starting this week, hehe. A lot of my stuff wil probably be bought... Sad, I know, but I have yet to sucessfully make clothing--ever. Or even tried, so maybe its for the best. ^_^;

Blackjack Gabbi
01-12-2006, 01:20 AM
I'm just wearing old costumes this time--Quina (FFIX) from last year and Oikawa (Digimon) from KumoriCon.

kitti-chan
01-14-2006, 01:45 AM
I now have the overdress for sakura done... took me only three days I am very proud of myself, if I keep up at this rate I will have my costumes done in no time... yes costumes, since I decided even though my lumiere was only made last year, I want to remake her so I am doing so......

TheCactuarAteMe
01-14-2006, 07:43 PM
I have the ideas, and my list of materials. I haven't really started yet. I can order a wig for Kairi by the end of the month though.

Hitokiri Kenshin
01-14-2006, 09:38 PM
I haven't started mine yet. Though if I decide with Barret, I'm wondering should I grow a goatee or just draw on the beard since there's no way I'm going to grow out a full one.

kitti-chan
01-16-2006, 10:27 PM
My wig is dyed now and all I have left for sakura is the petticoat gloves hat and the big bows
I have added a costume to my costume making list though becasu eI am going to be making a Li Syaoran costume for my boyfriend so that he and I can go to the masquerade ball as a "real" anime couple.....

mygirlfriday
01-17-2006, 11:52 AM
I'm about half done with Paine. >.> Well, technically half done. The second half (wig, props, fitting) will take me 13425425436 years.

kitti-chan
01-24-2006, 06:41 PM
YAY Lumier wig is now almost finishe I have like one more chunk of hair to put into the curl and then cut the bottom back fibers short. I also finished the sculpting part of my sakura clow wand/staff

Figle
02-02-2006, 03:16 PM
I am making a Lord Ilpalazzo cosplay, I started it about 5 months ago and am about 70% done now, so many things that go with it!

Just got the armor and the top part of his suit to do now.
Head and body armor is being made with wonderflex and his top clothes are a bit confusing on how to do them thou ><.

-RuKi-
02-02-2006, 03:49 PM
gskgnizefnkjkefnmrmzsdklzdl
1st of all!!!!!!!!!!!
i am an indesicive FOOL
but i decide finally..lolx and i dont trust my sewing skills for one of the costumes...Rodeo Miyabi. BAH *kries* EVEN MAN KRY ONCE IN A WHILE YA KNO~!!!!!!
*runs away*

Kateko
02-05-2006, 07:38 PM
Ah, so I'm not the only one cosplaying a Sakura to Sakura-con. ^^ My Sakura from Naruto dress is mostly done - just some little things to patch up. I want to remake my shoes, though, and I need to buy some capris and a wig.
My Kagura from Fruits Basket costume...well, it turned out really badly, and if I have time I'd like to remake it. But as it is, I just need to add the sleeves and then buy all the leg/footwear.
And my Mayu costume (from Fatal Frame 2) is going pretty well. I've got the shirt done and I'm adding the details to the dress. I bought the wrong kind of bias tape, though x_x; I'll have to deal with that. Also need socks and shoes. Sigh...

And I need wigs for all three of them, which I am planning on getting from Cosworx. Eee >_< I need money...

Heat
02-11-2006, 01:00 AM
So I think I finally decided, to go with an original character based on the Jet Set Radio Game...I've got pretty much everything I need, I just need to piece it togther to see how it looks I'll post pics if I ever get a digital camera

Shizuka_Isuzu
02-11-2006, 02:13 PM
I'm going as Ritsuka(loveless), mononoke hime, byakuya(bleach),itachi, akari (aria)
Ive got almost all of them done, i just got busy with commissions so I havent ahd the chance to finish them! T_T

Xj9
02-11-2006, 09:41 PM
First time with a sewing machine

Kuchiki Rukia- School Uniform (Jacket Done! Skirt Yet...)
Kuchiki Rukia- Shinigami school uniform (Hakama Done! not so authentic keikogi in process)
Fatal frame possibly (Fabric bought! contemplation in progress)
Thinking about...(something else...)

Jingster
02-13-2006, 03:10 AM
Hm.. might as well post this
M.O.M.O (Xenosaga Ep II) : 70%
- i actually have no idea beause i have been doing stuff here and there ^^;;

other than her, i am just going to rewear some stuff. If i have time, i might make fllay (gundam seed) and hachi (nana).

Heat
02-15-2006, 01:55 AM
I finally have some pics of my costume! Look if you like! :D

Neko Nezumi
02-15-2006, 10:21 PM
Um...I started mine before Christmas. ^_^;; But then, I have 5 costumes to make...I'm the only one in my group who can sew well.

I'm nearly finished with the Hanajima and Alice costumes for my roommate, thankfully, and her Naruto pajamas just need buttons. All that's left for my Youzen costume is the paopei. Sadly, my last costume is nowhere near done..but that one is a surprise. ^_^;

Chocolatecovrd
02-22-2006, 01:42 AM
this will be my first con and im making my own costume! yikes

but where is that store in olympia. i wouldn't mind making the trip from seattle.

ssmitty
02-22-2006, 12:56 PM
I've been pretty busy but these are the ones I'm shooting for:

Iron Chef Morimoto
Red Taki SCII
Kokoro Alternate Outfit Miniskirt DOA4
Maybe Lust and Felicia

zansatsu
02-26-2006, 03:56 AM
I'm about half done with Paine. >.> Well, technically half done. The second half (wig, props, fitting) will take me 13425425436 years.

hahahaha mygirlfriday is freaggin hilarious, and we are definitly going to hang out and get lotz of inter-gamed final fantasy pictures!!!!! i cant wait. im 80% done with my AC vincent and 100% done with my anbu sasuke. i just need to buy more sticky-back velcro and a lighter color gold paint and im done. im making vincent's triple barrel revolver at the moment but i dont have enough money to buy the cerberus pendent so there really isnt any use..................................but with out the gun the costume is sooo, how should i say it pointless........and my girlfriend is going as AC tifa so yay for cosplay couples! plus cloud is supposed to be with aeris, anyways vincent and tifa make a better couple soooooo Xb

Katasha
03-06-2006, 04:49 AM
My progress! Well nothing..I havent started...
I have too finish a pair of Canadian Hakama pants for beej from the 404's. I have A Harry potter robe too do, My canadian lolita, do some more work on my hinoto, Finish my Chii and maybe toss in some utena..busy next few weeks I look forward too seeing everyone!

Xanarcah
03-08-2006, 01:42 AM
Progress. .-. SO very slow, with Finals week coming up...

5 Ugly Kingdom Shinya - Leftover from last year, nowhere near retired. <3

Myaku Toshiya - 70% done? I desperately need to do the entire left sleeve (consisting of hand sewing all the ribbons and putting together the shoulder netting), the bow, the snaps to hold my obi together, and the dreadlocks before I can present it to the world. <3 Oh, and sewing together nearly every major seam in the outfit. D: Handsewing the entire thing is definately a bugger...

Kumi-chan
03-08-2006, 01:16 PM
Gah, stupid English class...stupid Shakespeare...stupid Hamlet...I'd be done with Fuu by now if not for you! Anyway, most sewing this week is put off until Sunday, after I turn in my big paper. I am slipping in about an hour of sewing each night, so hopefully I'll have Fuu's jacket completed by the end of the week. I just need to cut out the collar and sew it on, and add the sleeves. Skirt shouldn't take long, since it's already cut out. Finals are next week, but I've only got two classes.

I'm sewing four costumes for my Magic Knight Rayearth group, so Tomoyo is put off until Anime Evolution. Fuu and Presea are each about 60-70% done, Ferio's about 30%, and Hikaru is waiting to be cut out. My Kiki costume has yet to be worn to a con, so I'm revamping the hairbow (it's not ridiculously huge enough) and wearing it Friday...should take me a couple of hours to make the necessary adjustments (hem needs a little work too), so I'll put that one off till last.

It's becoming questionable (yet again) whether I'll actually finish Shampoo on time, but I want to at least finish the wig. The tunic is mostly done, and the leggings have been finished for ages, but the breastplate isn't started yet. Other than that, I just have to make the bustle sash (obi scarf) for my kimono, to wear to the Masquerade. Wish I had time to make a haori to go with it. Kiki needs proper shoes, too, since the red Chinese slippers I'm borrowing from my Shampoo cosplay aren't really right. I'll stop at the thrift store on my way home today.

kitti-chan
03-14-2006, 05:58 PM
My Sakura is done... Finnally

My boyfriends syaoran is close to done (Well what i am going to be able to finish of it)

and i have yet to start Lumiere... but her wig, boot gloves and leggings are ready to go just not the main outfit... but that hopefully wont take long.

Heat
03-16-2006, 09:17 PM
I'm almost done with my Squall Costume!!!

Captain Jack
03-17-2006, 05:40 PM
I just finished gathering all my junk for HUNK from Resident Evil. All I need to do now is figure out how to make the lenses of the gas mask red.

Kumi-chan
03-18-2006, 09:08 PM
Who wants to die yet? Anybody? Just me then?

I'm starting to get that nervous feeling again, same as last year...hits me every time I realize the con's less than a week away. I made a deal with myself this year, though...up by eight every morning and in bed by 2 AM, and I won't make myself sick again.

Anyway, Hikaru's starting to come together nicely. The jacket is completed, except for the cuffs. I started cutting out the skirt this morning and plan to have it pinned tonight...hopefully I'll have the top figured out by tomorrow morning. Still need to dye the socks, since nobody makes cherry-red knee highs.

Need to call my Ferio...I'll need to have him do some of the work on his own costume. The pants aren't difficult, he can put those together. Still need to figure out the tunic. Maybe he can make the gloves too, since those'll be time-consuming...or at least find some usable ones (garden gloves worked well for his Van before).

My Presea's coming over Tuesday, so I'll be able to do most of the remaining work for that then...it's fitting the dress properly that's preventing me from moving further on that one.

I can do it! Even if I have to do lazy Shampoo again for Sunday and just pair my lovely wig with one of my Chinese dresses! (I'm finishing that thing no matter what...just finish the other bun and sew it in, it should just take an hour! I wanna wear my wig!)

Why is it so hard to find simple brown flats in my size? I saw several that would've been perfect for Kiki, but they were all sizes 5 and 6...no way will that work.

nobel_rabbit
03-18-2006, 10:39 PM
My Hirako Shinji (BLEACH) costume is about 96% finished. I wont have the contacts, so unfortunately, the costume will be debuted unfinished... Or.. will this just be a preview? kekeke! XD
I also don't have the mask made yet, but I have everything else (wig, shirt, tie, pants). I'm still debating whether or not to buy a fake sword or make the mask.. But regardless, I'm wearing the remainder of the costume.. props or no props! XD

Zipo
03-20-2006, 05:37 AM
In a rare instance of actually thinking ahead, this year I started working on my costume two months before the con. It was partially because I was particularly looking forward to this one, and partially because for once I am not bogged down with multiple final exams immediately before the con. :P

Anyway, my new costume this year is Misato Katsuragi from Evangelion. I bought the bulk of the costume from a costumer on eBay, sewed an additional red skirt in order to make the military uniform version of the costume, and bought the commonplace garments around town, such as a turtleneck sweater and tights.

I still have to do some refitting work on the dress, but it doesn't look like it will be too hard, so I'm not in any particular rush. Two hours of wrap-up sewing ought to do it. ^^

Incidentally, it's funny that even though Evangelion is one of the most popular anime series of all time, there don't seem to be enough Eva cosplayers to ever call for an Eva photoshoot.... Hunh. Blame it on those dang plugsuits, I guess.

kitti-chan
03-20-2006, 03:45 PM
HA finnally done with two of three costumes and the third I hsould be finfishing either tonight or tomorrow night...... gah im really cutting it close.

Heat
03-20-2006, 11:22 PM
Must...finish...Gunblade!!! Soooo close

Katasha
03-23-2006, 02:27 AM
Well I'm done my costumes. I am wearing a Chii postcard dress ( the one with the ribbons wrapped around the midsection) on saturday for the cosplay ( with the 404's!) friday..probably just my yukata..I have this tacky canadain loli I made but the wig didnt come in time so I donno if I'll wear it and then on sunday my still unfinished hinoto( extentions didnt come in time). And thats it..and I'll have my dolls with me of course, look for ward too seeing everyone I leave on a 17 hour van ride in 6 hours woo!

Sieneko
03-23-2006, 04:13 AM
Friday I will be going as Chii, in pajamas because there just wasn't enough time to finish the MASS amount of hemming and painting for my dress. I'm 95% done with the current version just because I need to restyle the wig.

Saturday I will be Umi from Magic Knights Rayearth. I am RACING to get it done, OMG! It's still maybe 70% done, but tomorrow I should be able to get it all done. Hopefully. *freaks out*

Hanyaan
03-23-2006, 10:55 AM
Last night I spent 30 minutes remaking my Wrath undershirt, and then two hours making it actually comfortable. (When vinyl is THAT tight, you need to be comfy! D: ) Then I stayed up until 4am working on Sochie, and I"m working on her outfit again right now and it's 9am. And I have to leave for the airport tomorrow at 6am. I need some miracle dust, and I need it NOW.

Edit: I didn't finish Sochie, because I would have had to stay up for 48 hours before flying in if I wanted a hope of finishing. Not good. Soooo, not bringing Sochie.