PDA

View Full Version : Cosplay.com Members, Katsucon roll-call!

Eurobeat King
02-11-2003, 01:15 AM
Hey everyone,

Here it is, just a few more days until Katsucon, and I hope everyone doesn't stress out too much here in the final stretch, and also drives or flies safely to the con. :)

I'll be there on Friday morning around 10:30am, and should be out on the floor dressed as Shinji by 11am. From there, I'll start taking pics of whichever cosplayers I see. Since most of my friends I'll recognize, like G-chan, Erika, Yui, Lilli, RealizeDOP, Ziggy, AJ, Schu, Oshi, Ranma, Jibrielle, CosPinay, etc. for those whom I talk to online but have YET to meet in person like Kaje, Sailor Moon, Crystal1124, etc. it would be great if you would tell me that you're a member of cosplay.com and what your Screen Name is. :D (I know Sailor Moon will greet me with a BIG GLOMP, so I'll know that's her.. :thumbsup:) But that would help me "break the ice" with the in-person introduction, and it'll help me get more familiarized with the members who will be attending. Oh, and if you would like to have one of the NEW cosplay.com cards, just ask me or Studmaster for one.. ;)

OK, this will help me (and everyone else) identify who's who on cosplay.com at Katsu, so please post a reply as to which costume you'll be wearing FIRST at Katsu Friday morning (or afternoon, depending on when you get there) If you want to add any distinguishing features to your costume (in case you think there will be multiple costumes, like Chii or anyone from FFX-2, please do).. I'll make a listing of how many potential members will be there before I leave TH night.. Here we go:

EUROBEAT KING: Shinji Ikari (6 foot tall Shinji, holding a scruffy, anorexic Pen-Pen plushie) :thumbsup:

Ginny
02-11-2003, 01:29 AM
Well yah, you'll see me. Cause I won't have a costume for Friday *cries* But I will have valentines to hand out! I've been filling them out for weeks. ^____^ I have Sanrio valenties and stickers for everyone. I'm sure I'll run out quick though. Weeeee. *dies from stress*

ZiggyB
02-11-2003, 02:07 AM
Haha, that's great G-chan. I'll be there on Friday passing out roses dressed as Squall. I'll save one for you. :)

Ginny
02-11-2003, 02:41 AM
Yay ^__^ Since I'm only gonna have one costume this con I went out and bought something valentine-y to wear Friday. So I'll be the one with the big-red-heart-made-of-flowers-top on *laugh* And my hair is kinda auburn-y this week.

Shadra D
02-11-2003, 02:47 AM
... It's too bad, I forgot it was going to be Valentine's day x__X;; I don't have anything to give out! Wah! Oh, well.. maybe I can print some things out to give away at our art table @@;; oh well.

But I should be dressed in my Elk costume on Friday morning (I may just wear it on the ride up there instead of normal clothes @@;; ) until I have to change into my Weiss costume for Friday Night ^o^; I'll try to find out, but I also have to find everyone else, so I suppose I'll just find you with everyone else (does that even make any sense? @@;; )

Anyway... I'll see you then n.n

Eurobeat King
02-11-2003, 03:05 AM
g-chan: nice hair style & color in your avatar, btw! I look forward to a Valentine's Day Card from me if you have one for me, and I'll have something for you on Friday. ;)

Shadra: What does Elk look like?

Ginny
02-11-2003, 03:39 AM
Sankyuu ^__^ Why am I sitting here instead of in the basement working on that damned costume that I probably won't finish anyway? Whyyyyyy??? *runs away*

MargauxZ
02-11-2003, 03:45 AM
Memememe!

I'll be wearing (bad pic warning): http://www.cosplaylab.com/mylab/preview.asp?costumeid=12377

Bellossom from Pokemon. Margaux. Yeah. Can't wait!

Kataiya
02-11-2003, 05:21 AM
im comin on thurseday. Im not wearing a costume, because I cannot sew and I do not have mone to buy one x.x You'll probly notice me as the quiet girl that sits alone drawing or doing her homework. (To strangers Im quiet, but my friends now i a loud mouth , Im just shy :/)

Aya Mizu
02-11-2003, 05:35 AM
*waves* Hey Al, I'll be there in my Musical Sakura Taisen costume.
Gah, I'm there the whole weekend and I still don't know what else to take! ^^;

Lilli
02-11-2003, 05:47 AM
Hehe, Lilli will be there, yay ^-^\/ Gonna wear my Sara costume (ohoho... must finish it... x.x; doh.) and maaaybe another :3

Getting there on Thursday, yay

kelldar
02-11-2003, 07:03 AM
I will probably be wearing Hermione first! And I will have LOTR valentines to hand out ^_^

Giant Alucard
02-11-2003, 07:03 AM
Hey all. I'll be there around 3 or 4 on friday. On friday I'll be wearing my Seta (from love hina) costume, and me and my friends may have a van made for the con. On saturday I'll be dressed as Alucard from hellsing, so i doubt it will be hard to miss. And at times when i feel like it, I'll dress as Nabeshin and go around doing stupid things. If thats not enough, look for a 6'9 tan guy walking around, that should be me.

Tora
02-11-2003, 07:14 AM
Awww handing out Valentines is such a good idea! I never thought of that! Of course it's way too late now. I'm already going completely insane with last minute stuff.

0_0

Anyway. I'll be there as Nuriko on Friday (all day, I'll be there Thursday night). Traveling with a Tasuki as well ^_^

Nietsche
02-11-2003, 07:37 AM
Think i shall get my 'white haired' costumes out of the way on Friday...so look for either- Yuki Syoma with a Kyou kitty plushie, Jet Enduro with or without gun or Tokaki with or without big bosomed wife....or I may just be Jing..we'll see

kitty_neko
02-11-2003, 07:41 AM
...at this point, it seems like im probably just gonna wear my Chii costume most of the con...*points to avatar* ^_^

SailorMo
02-11-2003, 07:49 AM
I'll be wearing Etoile from the Rhapsody game.. She looks like this:
http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=21973&papass=&sort=1&thecat=3170

~Wheeeeeeeee!!!! Must sew like wind!!!!

Babylon
02-11-2003, 07:53 AM
Babylon The Great, Mother Of Harlots and Abominations of the Earth will be present... so bring your party shoes!

The wife and I are getting there Friday morning whenever we decide to wake up. We're most likely doing the real person thing on Friday. Saturday we'll definately be in costume as Lilly and Reed from Suikoden III. Hopefully we can meet up with some of you all on Friday, but if not we'll be at the cosplay.com shoot and the Suikoden shoot on Saturday.

arisuchan
02-11-2003, 10:54 AM
I'll be there Friday bright and early with Jibrille, so look for her and you'll find me *^^* Just to let you know Lady Somairot will be there friday as well, since she has limited internet access I have no idea if she will be able to post before the con. I also have no idea what costume she will arrive in.

I will be wearing early friday my Mizuho Sensei costume from Onegai Teacher. I'll also have a simi-reluctant Kei with me. Its my boyfriend and since its valentine's day he has to do whatever I tell him. *^^* And well Onegait Teacher is the first romantic series we watched together so it seemed fitting to cosplay from it for our first v-day together.

khamryn
02-11-2003, 11:00 AM
::Waves at Eurobeat.:: n.n I remember the first time I met you. You'll forever be the awesome Trowa to me. ::Laugh.::

Friday morning costume eh? Touya from Ayashi no Ceres, minus the jacket though. I'll probably be wandering around with Sailor-moon. :x And after that (mid-morning/afternoon I guess @@) Tamahome from Fushigi Yuugi in normal street clothes (dress shirt, jeans >.> yeaaahhh. simple. hee.) and again will probably be with Sailor-moon... then I know at 5 I'll be wandering around with the white-clad Weiss Kreuz group as Aya. ^_^

Rosiel
02-11-2003, 11:09 AM
> then I know at 5 I'll be wandering around with the white-clad Weiss Kreuz group as Aya. ^_^

Ayaka PMed me about this... seems like we'll have to meet up at 4 instead of 5. I hope you don't mind? Schu-Schu will make it up to you.... -_~

Gingerbread Man
02-11-2003, 11:10 AM
I'm going to be getting there around ten or eleven but I won't be cosplaying untill I get my hotel room and change, but when I do I'll be dressed as andy from Cowboy Bebop....costume didn't come out very well, but I guess that's what I get for procrastinating.

khamryn
02-11-2003, 11:14 AM
Rosiel- @.@;; no that's fine with me. You told me and that's what counts (-unlike- a certain jrock gathering at last otakon where everyone neglected to tell me it kept changing. >.>) ^.^

HuongStar
02-11-2003, 11:17 AM
I'll probably be in my Ravenclaw costume for most of Friday morning...otherwise, just normal clothes for me. :)

hichan
02-11-2003, 11:48 AM
weeeeeeeeeeee... i'll be at katsu! O_O

i don't know what to bring though...

dizzylizzy
02-11-2003, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by ZiggyB
Haha, that's great G-chan. I'll be there on Friday passing out roses dressed as Squall. I'll save one for you. :)

:::Raises eyebrow::: lizzy swoons over squall.... but now squall handing out roses? i think i'm gonna faint. mmmm..... squall

anyhow.... during the day i'll be in my yuna x-2, after 5 i'll be v'day chii giving out hershey kisses and hugs. : ) gotta do something to break my shyness.

Ranma Saotome
02-11-2003, 02:23 PM
Al, make sure you get my good side! :p

deathxangel
02-11-2003, 02:37 PM
yay for first day me be there in sanji costume and offer some love to the ladies. *wink wink*. then saturday... it's a secret. you'll have to find me.

Oshidori
02-11-2003, 02:44 PM
ooooh that's right, V-day! (like we haven't discussed this 35834905 times already....duh) I'll bring those Dove chocolate hearts to pass around!

I won't be in a costume, but i'll be wearing my Inu Yasha outfit that i made for a term project :) Been waiting to break that mofo out :p

krystal1314
02-11-2003, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by Eurobeat King
Crystal1124

I'm assuming that's me? Hehe... ^_^ I'll prolly be walking around with Oshi and a couple other ppl.
I'll be Rinoa first thing on Friday, if I see you I'll say HI!!!! ^_^

sailor-moon
02-11-2003, 04:33 PM
most likely youll see me first in my aya from ayashi no ceres , if not, heres what to look out for Al!!!

Friday:
aya 8-12
miaka 12-2
inu yasha2-3
super sailor moon3-4
manga SM4-6
sailor cosmos6-8
princes serenity8-10

man...............im gonna get a big workout XD lol

kelldar
02-11-2003, 04:42 PM
teehee and I thought I changed a lot XD

sailor-moon
02-11-2003, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by kell
teehee and I thought I changed a lot XD
this is the first and only time im doing that XD lol gotta retire like 2-3 of them-.-

Sciguy
02-11-2003, 04:51 PM
I'll be there Friday around 11:30 and I'll be wearing Miroku in to the con. I'll then be wearing Miroku again on Satuday. Sunday, TBA.

Sami
02-11-2003, 05:24 PM
I will be there Friday as Tir McDohl from Suikoden. ^___^ Reference pic:

http://www.suikocastle.com/undressed/ingame/mcdohl_game.jpg

rogue
02-11-2003, 05:27 PM
Flexei and i will only be there on Saturday. We will be Emily and Sanae Y. from Suikoden 3.

http://www.rogueandflexei.com/cosplay/emilysidetn.jpg
http://www.rogueandflexei.com/cosplay/sanae_ysidetn.jpg

I'm also wearing my Tohru Honda from Fruits Basket for the cosplay contest, but I don't know how much time I'll be in the halls for that one.

(i hate valentine's day..........) :mad:

Kamui Motoaki
02-11-2003, 05:56 PM
I'm just Squalling it on Friday. . hope to see you wandering around Al. . ^_^

leilanihime
02-11-2003, 05:59 PM
Leilani here!
I'm going to be the resident Pimp Moogle of the con...

Ask for a heart-shaped cookie (or, depending on time) candy!

Kellie
02-11-2003, 06:14 PM
I'll be there on Friday bumbling about with Sami. I'm trying to decide which Selphie costume to do on Friday. Cadet or SeeD costume. Hmm...-ponder-

Oh! :D And I have Harry Potter valentine's if anyone would like to be showered with one!

Tenshi
02-11-2003, 07:41 PM
Friday morning I'll be in Terra (http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=17671&papass=&sort=1&thecat=998). In the afternoon I will be Oto no Pretear (http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=17672&papass=&sort=1&thecat=500). I'll be getting in Thursday night, but probably not until 9:45 or 10:00. But if you see me, say hello! I'll be lugging around my Sakura pillow so I should be easy to spot XD.

Hmm. . .I have some Sakura valentines. . .plus I have a $5 balance on an Albertson's gift card that I don't know what to do with. Maybe I'll get some more valentines. I have 8 hours to fill them out on the plane. . .>.>.

Lady_Sephiroth
02-11-2003, 08:37 PM
I'll be Presea (white dress that I wore at Ohayocon) on Friday most of the day, till my feet give out, and then probably Rinoa in time for karaoke. I'll be on the lookout for people, but I have nothing as of yet to hand out ... I never even thought of it!

Edit -- I may also wear Sailor Pluto at some point on Friday -- my one friend has never seen it and is begging me to bring her. I've been wearing her so much I was not goingto bring her, but we'll see.

Jibrille
02-11-2003, 11:14 PM
>I'll be there Friday bright and early with Jibrille, so look for her and you'll find me *^^* Just to let you know Lady Somairot will be there friday as well, since she has limited internet access I have no idea if she will be able to post before the con. I also have no idea what costume she will arrive in.

yeah, friday morning i will be there dressed as Hatsuho from Onegai Teacher. (mint colored shirt, with a brown skirt)

i get to be arisuchans mom. XD

Ashe
02-11-2003, 11:22 PM
I'll be wearing Integra friday morning, and Robin later on that day.

Holy crap, sailor-moon, how are you going to manage all those costume changes? For like, an hour? It takes me an hour to get into most of my costumes! I am impressed.

Eurobeat King
02-11-2003, 11:37 PM
Good listing so far, everyone.. I can't wait to see everyone. :) I might have a chibi-list with me on Friday, so I can check-off who I take pics of when I see them there. ;)

sailor-moon: Hehe I'll have to ask you to meet me at a certain place when you change costumes, so I'll be able to get pics of ALL your costume-changes. :D So Aya will be first, and I'll make it JUST in time to get pics if I'm there by 11am.

I wonder which member of cosplay.com will be the 1st cosplayer I take a picture of? (when I'm walking around the con as Shinji, and not when i'm entering the hotel with my luggage, escaping from the freezing cold.. :thumbsup:

Ranma Saotome
02-11-2003, 11:52 PM
It won't be me Al, I'll just be getting there around 11. ^^

Kenshin Ken
02-12-2003, 12:10 AM
I'mma gonan be there at about 7:05 am...juuust gotta get me a ride from the airport tnot too much though ^^v.

pity I can't go commando and grunt my way to the center ^^.

haha ^^ I'll be there!

Ayaka
02-12-2003, 12:53 AM
Ack Rosiel it's a good thing I read this thread or I wouldn't know you'd moved it . . . lol. ^^ (Thanks though!)

Friday morning I'll probably be in Hiro (Gravitation; long red hair, bright green jacket, not too hard to miss). Either that or white Youji from Weiss Kreuz. Also not hard to mistake. If not me, you'll have found one of the other Weiss people from Rosiel's group. ^^

I was going to be handing out brownies, but I don't think I have time to make them. ;_; Guess we'll see . . . but I nearly ALWAYS have some kind of candy with me, lol, so I'll find something I can give out hopefully.

moo
02-12-2003, 04:31 AM
Howdy Al! I'll be Motoko from Love Hina/generic miko in the morning and afternoon, and Sakaki-san from Azumanga Daioh in the evening on Friday. At least that's the plan... *stares forlornly at the pleated skirt*

kelldar
02-12-2003, 08:03 AM
I think, after I wear hermione for a while, I'll probably change into Chun-Li, and then probably Utena, and then Arwen, and then perhaps Amalthea. heh I can never figure this out in advance.

Mibuzen
02-12-2003, 08:34 AM
I'll greet you as Tasuki and if I happen to forget just smack me as I walk by.

Rosiel
02-12-2003, 08:45 AM
> It takes me an hour to get into most of my costumes! I am impressed.

Same here. I think the only costume I can put on in under 1/2 hour is Yuber. All the others take halfway to forever. X__X Which is why I hate changing at cons, it eats up so much precious time!

> Ack Rosiel it's a good thing I read this thread or I wouldn't know you'd moved it .

I was going to PM you and I forgot. X__X Ack.
Too many things on my mind!

> Also not hard to mistake. If not me, you'll have found one of the other Weiss people from Rosiel's group. ^^

*laughs* Yes, I doubt there will be very many silly people dressed in white from head to toe. But do come find us at 4 in the lobby Al, we've got a big group together to advertize for this wonderful new detergent with bleaching action! Look how sparkling white our clothes are!

As a side note, if /anyone/ sees a black BMW parked around the con, do tell me... I'll be looking for one frantically on Friday to take pictures in my WK costume. (Horribly obscure fan reference, it's better not to ask.)

Oshi
02-12-2003, 09:18 AM
Well, I'm definately gonna be there Saturday...

Friday isn't looking good though... ._.

I dunno if I'm gonna go ahead and do Tidus, or just chill as Black mage if I go only Saturday *shrug* -_-

sailor-moon
02-12-2003, 10:32 AM
XD lol senshi fuku's arent really hard to get into and pinning my wig on is easy^^ all i have to do is re-apply make-up and im set^_~.

Al!!!ill call you everytime i change XD lol hahaa

Ayaka
02-12-2003, 11:57 AM
Sailor Moon, I think I'd have to actively stalk you if I want pics of all those costumes. Oo;;; lol.

Rosiel: It's okay, I did see it so that's all that matters. I hear you about the chaos thing . . . @_@ I'll keep my eyes open for a black BMW. XD

Zelly
02-12-2003, 12:54 PM
I'll be there as Sakuma Ryuichi na no da!!! ^____^ And I'll have a Tatsuha with me :D:D:D:D~~~~

Studmaster
02-12-2003, 01:12 PM
How could I forget this.

I'll be there on Friday myself.

Rosiel
02-12-2003, 01:17 PM
> I'll keep my eyes open for a black BMW. XD

Does "XD" means you think I've lost it or that you've caught the reference? If you did catch it, just don't tell Bradley or I might have to drag him kicking and screaming through the parking lot. ^__^

Ranma Saotome
02-12-2003, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by Kenshin Ken
I'mma gonan be there at about 7:05 am...juuust gotta get me a ride from the airport tnot too much though ^^v.

Call the Hotel, they should come pick you up.

Rosiel
02-12-2003, 01:29 PM
> Call the Hotel, they should come pick you up.

Most hotels will only do this if the room is in your name. And you can't lie if the person has already checked in.

Then, your only option is to say that said person is your wife/husband (hopefully the person is of the opposite sex or has a neutral name *laughs*) and that you had to come in on separate flights. It works, I did this before. ^__^

Otherwise, you have to take a cab.

khamryn
02-12-2003, 01:32 PM
>*laughs* Yes, I doubt there will be very many silly people dressed in white from head to toe. But do come find us at 4 in the lobby Al, we've got a big group together to advertize for this wonderful new detergent with bleaching action! Look how sparkling white our clothes are!

Speaking of that... ::currently throwing Aya into the wash with bleach :x:: My that sounded funny.. ::Stuffs Aya into the washing machine! kickkick!! IN!!:: lol

Ranma Saotome
02-12-2003, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by Rosiel
> Call the Hotel, they should come pick you up.

Most hotels will only do this if the room is in your name. And you can't lie if the person has already checked in.

Then, your only option is to say that said person is your wife/husband (hopefully the person is of the opposite sex or has a neutral name *laughs*) and that you had to come in on separate flights. It works, I did this before. ^__^

Otherwise, you have to take a cab.

Hmm, is that so Rosiel?

*pulls out the DJ Ranma S book On How To Beat the System, 24th Edition"*

Hmm...

#1873 says here that you could always say you are a relative.

*closes book*

Or me and Oshi could try to pick you up at the airport, but do not hold me to it. ^^;;;;;

rogue
02-12-2003, 05:36 PM
Oh....we have a change in plans, we will be at Katsucon on Friday.
(Due to the crappy weather we're having in the West Virginia - Pennsylvania area, all my dental patients cancelled except for two, so my receptionist rescheduled them for me, now I don't have to go to work :crest: , and Flexei can take a day off whenever he wants.......done rambling)

So......we'll hopefully get to Katsucon around 4 or 5 o'clock on Friday. We'll be dressed as Ayame & Mine from Fruits Basket all night. (I really made these costumes for Megacon in two weeks, but thought, what the hell, we'll wear them for Katsucon too!)

twentystitches
02-12-2003, 06:09 PM
I'll be there on friday, around four-fiveish in the afternoon. X.x I won't be cosplaying though, and I'll probably be camping out in the line for the Duel Jewel concert. *laughs* I'll probably just see everyone at the photoshoot on saturday. I'm gonna be Beatrix from Final Fantasy Nine. ^_^ Can't wait to meet everyone~!

Neko Cathy
02-12-2003, 06:22 PM
Ack!

Neko Cathy: You'll catch me in either of these costumes Friday:

Afternoon/night- Lucrecia the JENOVA babe. All dressed in white like everyone else seems to be (people in straight white outfits can be scary!), wearing a lab coat, strawberry-blonde hair being pulled up in a ny tail by a purple scrunchie. I will also be carrying a clipboard and running a "Support the JENOVA Project" campaign with stickers.

Around dinner time (probably 6-7): my own character, Neko Cathy. Emerald green oriental styled dress with pink lepoard cat ears, a black cat tail being pinned behind the dress. Also will have half of my hair pulled up in a bun with wooden hair chopsticks that has chinese characters written on them vertically. PLUS I will be carrying a Di Gi Charat fan! Yay :D

if you can't find me, just look for a giant Pimp Moogle Mascot walking around (aka Leilanihime). Please do not touch me or try to pimp off of me or the Pimp Moogle will get mad and beat you with his cane. And besides... if anyone wants pocky keep an eye out for me. ;)

die-sama
02-12-2003, 10:47 PM
gonna be there at 10 am hopefully friday

err i hope i hope i hoep >+<;;;

sailor-moon
02-12-2003, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by khamryn

Speaking of that... ::currently throwing Aya into the wash with bleach :x:: My that sounded funny.. ::Stuffs Aya into the washing machine! kickkick!! IN!!:: lol

..*.*.... kick harder XD lol hehee

Ranma Saotome
02-12-2003, 11:27 PM
Just glomp me so I know who you all are. ^^;

Ayaka
02-13-2003, 12:00 PM
Rosiel - I'll go 50%; I know something *about* the reference, but can't quite remember the reference itself. >_< I have a crappy memory anymore . . .

Khamryn - at least your white fabric is WASHABLE! *note to self - always ask about care if it doesn't say*

Reiko
02-18-2003, 06:08 PM
I was there too but crashed on the way back..I was the Yuna 2 and Rinoa ballroom LOL. I hung around Oshi and Rikku (Evil neko) for the most part

Jin
02-18-2003, 08:00 PM
i didnt have a costume (-_-) but i wore a white shirt a tie and black pants on frieday, a turtle neck and a stripped button down on sat. and a sweater on saturday night, i was also breakdancing, i was the youngest one.. the worst one heheharhar...

Sanosuke
02-19-2003, 07:29 AM
I was there. Most of the time I was in costume, but a few times I went downstairs OOC (like at the rave). My costume was that of Sanosuke.
When I wasn't in costume, I was usually wearing a pair of blue jeans and a black or blue tank, sometimes with a checkered button-up shirt over top of it. I contemplated going in my birthday suit, but I had a nasty vision of the headlines that would ensue:

Naked Otaku Causes Mass Rioting and Suicide at Convention--972 Killed, Thousands More Traumatized

Had a great time though *wink*.

Ranma Saotome
02-19-2003, 01:19 PM
I'm kinda pissed that I didn't get a chance to meet some peeps like Rosiel... And... Uh... Uhm... D'oh!