PDA

View Full Version : Fruits Basket Gathering

Scruffy Rebel
01-03-2006, 11:07 PM
Didn't see a thread for this up yet, so I figured I'd start one inbetween working on my Kagura dress XD

Any of you FB cosplayers out there bringing your related costumes to ALA? Figured this gathering will have to work around a lot of others, namely Bleach and Naruto...so maybe it's something that could be done Friday?

~Scruffy

Solaria
01-03-2006, 11:32 PM
A group of us were planning on wearing ours on Friday anyway, I believe (me, Jaina Solo, Arkadia, Jinyo...). I'm sure one of them will see the thread anyway soon. ^-^

Jaina Solo
01-04-2006, 12:04 AM
Yeah, Friday was the tentative day that we were going to do Furuba--is that cool with everyone else? Let's do a gathering!!!

Rosebud
01-04-2006, 02:32 AM
XD;; I was wondering if there was gonna be an actual gathering...! I shall try to come as Momiji, as you know Scruffy Rebel. ^^

HybridTwist
01-04-2006, 06:31 PM
Well, you know I'm bringing my Kyo. ;)

FlowerOfThCourt
01-05-2006, 10:24 PM
I'm planning of doing Kisa-chan! (After I got so many people telling me I looked like her I just can't resist!) It's going to be a kind of flower maiden-ish dress. I'm so hyped about it! Weeeee! (And friday hmm? If we get a time I'll do my best to get there.)

Solaria
01-05-2006, 10:35 PM
I think we should plan it for later in the day on Friday, since some people might not be able to come until mid-afternoon (as it is the first day of the con).

Oh yeah, I'm wearing Rin/Isuzu, since I didn't mention it earlier. ^-^

Scruffy Rebel
01-05-2006, 11:58 PM
Looks like we'll have a nice group ^^ here's everyone so far:

Scruffy Rebel - Kagura
Jaina Solo - Yuki
Yuriy - Ayame
Solaria - Rin
Jinyo - Shigure
state_alchemist - Kyo
Arkadia - Hatsuharu?
Rosebud - Momiji
FlowerOfThCourt - Kisa

Friday @ ???

I know people have suggested afternoon, but the Bleach gathering is already going to be at 4, so I'm not sure if a time before or after that would be best...because I will be at the Bleach gathering >.>

~Scruffy

Solaria
01-06-2006, 12:02 AM
Yeah, Arkadia will be Haru.

And any time is fine with me, so leave it up to the people with potential conflicts.

Jaina Solo
01-06-2006, 03:05 AM
Well, we don't want to do it to late; it gets dark at 5, and while I had a great time at the nighttime FB gathering at Ani-Magic, I'd rather it *not* be at night.

How does 2:00 pm on Friday sound for everyone?

Lily-chan
01-06-2006, 02:28 PM
I'll have my Hatori costume done by then, so I would like to join your gathering.

And anytime on Friday or Sunday is fine for me.

FlowerOfThCourt
01-06-2006, 11:34 PM
Two hmmm...? I'll probably be able to work that! And I'm shocked, we have no Tohru yet! I might have to kidnap one wandering around the con. And we need a Heero-chaaaaan! *sings* I need a Heeeeeeero! I'm lookin' out for a Heeeeeeero 'till the end of the night! He's gotta be-Erk... Sorry for the singing. Continue!

Scruffy Rebel
01-07-2006, 01:58 AM
mmmmm 2 could be possible....although I didn't ask, does anyone have conflicts with Sunday? I know Star Wars is going to be a main thing that day or something, and I know Jaina and I will be at the gathering for it at noon...but we could certainly do the gathering in the afternoon then too. So which do you all prefer, Friday or Sunday?

~Scruffy

Solaria
01-07-2006, 02:38 AM
I have conflicts with Sunday, so I definitely would strongly prefer Friday. That and the huge prevalence of SW on Sunday would probably be a conflict for a lot of people and not leave a whole lot of time for Furuba. (I won't be able to change on Sunday either, so if this got moved then, I'd be screwed.)

FlowerOfThCourt
01-07-2006, 09:24 PM
Yeah sunday won't work for me. My family said "You can only have two days!" so I can only come friday and saturday. T.T

Gaara_kun
01-08-2006, 12:42 AM
I have a Tohru outfit... I wonder if I could make it to the gathering though. Hopefully I can get someone to go with me Friday.

HybridTwist
01-08-2006, 04:15 AM
I don't have any conflicts really with any of the times, so which ever is fine.

Scruffy Rebel
01-08-2006, 06:34 PM
Would 1:30 be possible for all of you on Friday? I'm trying to ensure we don't run too close to the Bleach gathering, since I know some of the FB cosplayers also have Bleach costumes (myself included XD).

~Scruffy

FlowerOfThCourt
01-08-2006, 10:53 PM
(Is also going to the bleach gathering.) 1:30? I think I can work it! :)

Jaina Solo
01-09-2006, 12:35 AM
1:30 would work. I think the only thing that might possibly conflict with any of this is if Yuriy has a midterm that Friday; if he does, and his midterm will prolly go till 12:50, he'd going to drive up to ALA after the midterm... But that would mean he would miss the Furuba gathering.

If he doesn't have a midterm that day, no problems. We'll find out tomorrow because we start school tomorrow, and I'll post whether Yuriy can make it or not.

Lily-chan
01-11-2006, 12:26 AM
1:30 is fine with me. ^^

Hazel Chaz
01-11-2006, 01:52 AM
Any Fruits Basket fans that can help pick out an episode or two to suggest for our Live Audience Dub #1?

We're looking for an episode with a lot different characters in it. We'll run the episode in one of the LP rooms with the subtitles turned on and the voice over turned off (or possibly on Japanese with the volume real low). Members of the audience that want to read out loud a particular character's voice are encouraged to give it their best shot.

Should be an interesting event. Or a chaotic free-for-all. or both.

Anyhow we have to pick the eps to make it happen...

Chaz

Solaria
01-11-2006, 09:48 AM
I think the episode where Tohru's friends come over to Shigure's house to make sure it's a suitable environment for her would be hilarious, and there are a lot of characters in that one. I believe it's episode 6.

Oh yeah, I have no problems with any time or place on Friday for the gathering.

FlowerOfThCourt
01-11-2006, 01:49 PM
^ I agree with that one. A lot of character's are in that. Or maybe the one where Momiji crashes the festival? The one where they dress up Yuki in that EGL thing? (I don't recall the number though.) There would be lots of Yuki fangirls to cast. XD

Jaina Solo
01-11-2006, 05:14 PM
How about the episode where they all go to the Hot Springs (not the first time, the second time)... Where Ayame brings photos of Hatori's ex-girlfriend... I think just about every freaking character is in that episode. XD

Hazel Chaz
01-11-2006, 08:42 PM
How about the episode where they all go to the Hot Springs (not the first time, the second time)... Where Ayame brings photos of Hatori's ex-girlfriend... I think just about every freaking character is in that episode. XD
I'm going to need more specific info than this, I'm afraid -- like which volume of the DVD I can find it on?

On a more serious note, I'm looking for something we can show in the middle of the first day and not have a bunch of overprotective parents mad at me. So a lot of nude cavorting about in hot springs might be pushing it a bit, depending on how much animated flesh is showing...

Oh yeah, I have no problems with any time or place on Friday for the gathering.
The live audience dub I'm talking about is at 4 o'clock, same time as the BLEACH gathering.

Solaria
01-11-2006, 09:06 PM
There's not really any nudity at all. The most you see is shoulders, and the males are separated from the females in the hot spring. Fruits Basket is extremely tame in that regard- you never see anything, even though when they change back from animal form, they're always naked. As for the episode I suggested, it's on the first volume. FlowerOfThCourt's suggestion is episode 7, so it'd be on volume 2 of the DVDs. Finally, Jaina's suggestion is episode 16, so it'd be on DVD 3.

And I meant the FB gathering, not the live dub, sorry. ^-^;;

Jaina Solo
01-12-2006, 12:30 AM
Yay for Solaria and having stuff memorized when I don't! :D Yeah. Listen to her. XD

Solaria
01-12-2006, 12:32 AM
Not memorized. I looked it up real fast (box set). I like Fruits Basket and all, but I definitely don't have episode numbers memorized. :-P

Hazel Chaz
01-12-2006, 01:34 AM
And I meant the FB gathering, not the live dub, sorry. ^-^;;
I figured you meant that; I was letting you know in case you wanted to schedule the gathering so it wouldn't conflict with the live audience dub...

Solaria
01-12-2006, 01:55 AM
Aww, well, it looks like the gathering will be at 1:30, so it won't conflict! ^-^

FlowerOfThCourt
01-12-2006, 12:39 PM
The live audience dub I'm talking about is at 4 o'clock, same time as the BLEACH gathering.

Oooh. Then...? I want to see that but... Since i'm going to the bleach gathering... :bigcry: Ah well I'll get over it.

Scruffy Rebel
01-12-2006, 02:40 PM
eeee, yeah...at least four of us from the Fruits Basket Gathering will be running off to join the Bleach Gathering immediately afterward....too bad we'll be missing the dub stuff!

So where does everyone want to have the gathering, which of the locations?

~Scruffy

FlowerOfThCourt
01-12-2006, 03:04 PM
I'd say 2# or 4#. Depending on everyones needs.

Lily-chan
01-13-2006, 10:19 AM
I agree with Flowerofthecourt, 2 and 4 are my favorites. (Of course I have no idea where either of them are... But the hotel can't be that big. ^^

Scruffy Rebel
01-13-2006, 09:29 PM
Okay I went with Location #2 because it has a bit of grass and trees and a bit of concrete and stuff ^^ That way we can get trees for a nice background if we want, or a cute group shot around that table...and I liked the umbrella XD

Lemme know if anyone really prefers another spot or something...

~Scruffy

FlowerOfThCourt
01-13-2006, 11:29 PM
I think it's a good choice. :)

Hazel Chaz
01-16-2006, 03:11 AM
I agree with Flowerofthecourt, 2 and 4 are my favorites. (Of course I have no idea where either of them are... But the hotel can't be that big. ^^
Areas 1 and 2 are basically two ends of the same place; if you're in one, you can see people at the other end.

Area 4 is the easiest to find, because you go straight out from the front desk of the hotel towards the pool and it's on the way. It's on the other side of a building from location 1-2.

Any of you remember the anime room we used last year, the "Pilot's Lounge"? As you come up the hall from the front desk, you go out one set of doors and then back in another. If you turned right instead of going into the other set of doors, you'd be at location 2; if you turned left, you'd be in sight of #4.

it'll all make sense when you get there. Besides, that will be the route you take to get to the Con Suite; you'll all know that hall very well by the end of the convention, I'm sure.

Chaz

HybridTwist
01-16-2006, 11:13 PM
Cool, thanks for the info Chaz.

And as for location, I'm up for whatever.

Lily-chan
01-17-2006, 10:21 AM
Areas 1 and 2 are basically two ends of the same place; if you're in one, you can see people at the other end.

Area 4 is the easiest to find, because you go straight out from the front desk of the hotel towards the pool and it's on the way. It's on the other side of a building from location 1-2.

Any of you remember the anime room we used last year, the "Pilot's Lounge"? As you come up the hall from the front desk, you go out one set of doors and then back in another. If you turned right instead of going into the other set of doors, you'd be at location 2; if you turned left, you'd be in sight of #4.

it'll all make sense when you get there. Besides, that will be the route you take to get to the Con Suite; you'll all know that hall very well by the end of the convention, I'm sure.

Chaz

Thank you Chaz! ^^

FlowerOfThCourt
01-17-2006, 01:28 PM
Arigato Chaz! This will help me a lot! (Since my sense of direction is so bad...)

Richii
01-17-2006, 11:23 PM
I'm going to wear Akito to this, I don't know how long I can stick around but I will show up for a little while~! :D

L-Lamb
01-18-2006, 05:07 PM
Oh poo.
I'm really late on this one (cause I dont check the boards too often).
My friends and I are making the new years ceramonial robes but we wont be in until late friday night (driving from San Fran). >_<
If anyone is cosplaying furuba on Saturday night we'd love to take pictures with you!!!
We'll have Yuki, Momiji and Hatori.

Hazel Chaz
01-22-2006, 09:44 PM
There's not really any nudity at all. The most you see is shoulders, and the males are separated from the females in the hot spring. Fruits Basket is extremely tame in that regard- you never see anything, even though when they change back from animal form, they're always naked. As for the episode I suggested, it's on the first volume. FlowerOfThCourt's suggestion is episode 7, so it'd be on volume 2 of the DVDs. Finally, Jaina's suggestion is episode 16, so it'd be on DVD 3.
Thank you very much for the help. We'll probably go with episodes 7 and 16, then; we need DVD #1 to be ready for when Fruits Basket comes up in the regular anime schedule across the hall, and I don't want to leave anything to chance.

FlowerOfThCourt
01-22-2006, 10:30 PM
Oooh cool my suggestion got in! Yay! XD Glad to help.

Fireshark
01-23-2006, 07:15 PM
I'll be coming to this as well, hopefully. If time pressures hit, well, I'll be wearing the costume later on in the con. u.u