PDA

View Full Version : crossplaying boy/girlfriend

cube
02-11-2003, 12:48 PM
I was in the living room all "dressed up" and ready to go to my local con when my mom shook her head in dissapproval.
mom - "If you keep on doing this you'll never get a grilfriend"

me - *smart ass response* "Maybe I'll find a girl at the con that likes to crossdress too!"

mom - *brief pause* "When go outside and drive off please hurry, I don't want the neighbors to see."

So anyways what do you people think about a girl/ boyfriend that crossplays? Would that bother you? IMO if I did have a girlfriend, that wouldn't be an issue as long as the crossplaying is just a hobby and she's not trying to get in touch with her masculine side;) *yikes!*

soshi
02-11-2003, 12:55 PM
it wouldn't bother me at all.

JoeBoeing
02-11-2003, 01:03 PM
Greetings,

If you look down through history females have always (for the most part) worn long dresses til about beggining of the 20th century. It was always the guys who wear pants and shorts.

So, looking at it that way any girl that wears pants or shorts is cross-dressing. Yet, men in Scotland (sp?) wear kilts which are skirts.

Why are guys in the U.S. looked down apon if they wear skirts? I would think it would be better on a hot day then a pair of restricting jeans.

As to cos-play... there really are no rules as you can cos-play as who you want and a ton of girls wear what were traditionally guys clothes anyways, and a lot of anime men are kinda girly so I think it fits.

FRom,
Joe

Merle-kun
02-11-2003, 01:15 PM
I'm having the same problem really. My friends are constantly telling me the reason I'm single still is because I'm always dressing as a girl for conventions. It is pretty much true, I know that. My mom is completely behind me though, she helped me learn how to sew =3

I have met some girls who like that about me, but usually something stops us from hooking up.. either distance or age.

One of my friends recently started a net version of "The Bachelor" for me, trying to end my long bout of single-ness. If anyone reads Nekobox (http://www.nekobox.org) you know what I'm talking about. So far there have been at least 10 applications, the last time I checked. If any girls (18+) want to apply, here's the link! =3

http://www.nekobox.org/bachelor.html

But I do wonder about finding a non-anime loving girl friend, then having to tell her about my costumes. In general, I think the average girl would freak out and/or break up with me ^^; I'd rather present myself as I am, up front.. to those who will best understand me, the anime community. So I'm really hoping for an anime loving girl friend!

TsukiGuujin
02-11-2003, 03:44 PM
PFFFT. It woudln't bother me! I've been trying for as long as we've been together to get my fiance into a dress! XD

I crossdress all the time, and it doesn't bother HIM any, so yeah. He doesn't care if he's seen kissing me as a girl or me as a boy. XD

I make a pretty boy, at least. I'm not that pretty as a girl, but that's ok. I'll be a boy tomorrow. XD

~~Tsuki Guujin~~

Sakura
02-11-2003, 03:54 PM
It wouldn't bother me in the least... >>; heck, I like my men a lil bit feminine.

Menchi
02-11-2003, 04:20 PM
wouldnt bother me at all either...heh if i had a gf i woudlnt care if she went as a male char at all.

TsukiGuujin
02-11-2003, 04:32 PM
Yeah, Menchi....but would you KISS her if she did? I know some people who would be weirded out by it. ^^;

~~Tsuki~~

Sciguy
02-11-2003, 04:35 PM
I wouldn't care either. It would be a fun experiment to try a little role reversal with crossplay. Instead of the girlfriend all cutified and sitting on his lap, the guy would be all cutified and on her lap. That would be an interesting sight, lol.

If I had a girlfriend, I'd love to crossplay together, it'd be fun.

TsukiGuujin
02-11-2003, 04:45 PM
DUDE that would be HILARIOUS, Sciguy! I love that idea so much. Too bad it'll never work with me and Silver. *laugh*

~~Tsuki~~

Cocoa
02-11-2003, 05:03 PM
Me and the closest thing I have to a girlfriend (Whole unrequited love thing there) are going to both be crossplaying, as Subaru (her), and Seishirou (me), who are a sort-of-almost couple. Yay, fun ^^
-Cocoa

Menchi
02-11-2003, 06:26 PM
oh woudln have a prob with kissing her or any affection that is appropriate witn not crosplaying. i think it woudl be jus fine ^^ no next step for me...get a gf

Merle-kun
02-11-2003, 06:47 PM
What I really want to do is crossplay with a girl, hopefully someone who's mutually interested in me, and kiss in the middle of the con. Whether it B/G or G/G or B/B.. I think the reaction would be hilarious =3 But first.. I need a cute girl! Any takers? =3

Nine
02-11-2003, 06:52 PM
I would want to get a cosplaying boyfriend, make him cosplay auron then I'd have an auron to walk around with in my Lulu costume.. I know Lulu's w/ Wakka but I hate wakka and I want Lulu to be with Auron..

Haha.. my friend is going as Yuna, and she's female. I'm male lulu.. maybe we can come up with something interesting hehe

having a cosplaying boyfriend would be funny at conventions.. B/B would attract a lot of yaoi lovers XD

Cocoa
02-11-2003, 06:58 PM
Yes...as my Subaru has said, dress as a yaoi-guy and you get the fangirls. Of course, we're a pair of girls dressed as one of the most popular CLAMP yaoi pairings. I think some of the requests for photo poses we're going to get are going to be amusing, given from what I've heard of other S/S duos....To be an S/S pair, you need to be dating the other or REALLY good friends, I think ^^
-Cocoa

Pendrell
02-11-2003, 07:00 PM
I'm envious, Cocoa. You're so lucky to have a crossplaying Subaru to love. And molest when you're SeiSei-ing it, I guess. *l* I've been trying so hard to get one of my crossplay-oriented girlfriends to be my Seishirou.. she's the right height relative to me and she'd be darn cute with short unkempt black hair. ^.^ Plus she likes hitting on me anyway, so she's perfect in that respect. :D But I don't think she likes the suit.... *sniffs*
Of course she's fine with the fruity elf costumes... umm.. because they're shiny.. But lord knows what I'll have to do to get her to be my SeiSei. 0o;

Cocoa
02-11-2003, 07:11 PM
She's great, I know...unfortunately, also very TB Subaru-like...supposedly she ran away from someone at Shoujocon (She claims otherwise, however). And tell your possible Sei that suits are fun! I've got a red one for TB Seishirou that I'm going to wear with a white shirt Friday, it being Valentine's Day and all...am contemplating making a heart pin with something like 'S/S 4 EVER' on it, because only my friends would understand it and only select friends would understand the allusion. I, however, have a lot to live up to in the realm couple-S/S cosplay....these two. (http://www.geocities.com/elfishpuck/aww.jpg) *needs to get a little taller so her Sei coat fits perfectly instead of being half a size too small*
-Cocoa

Pendrell
02-11-2003, 07:45 PM
I'd say it's not unfortunate so much as... incredibly cute. Not to mention endearing. ^.^
Awww. *l* No way to live up to that pair. ;_; They're just.. so.. right.

Suits ARE fun. I just don't know if she'll be willing to spend money on one. Well, regardless of cost I *KNOW* she's gonna do it. Because she can't say no to me for long. :devil:

Oh, make the pin! There's no better form of tribute. *nodnod* Plus with that spiffy suit you'd be all set. :heart:
I was actually planning on adorning a shirt with my fabulous artistic skillz. *l* A black one with a red outlined SD Seishirou on the front holding a dripping can of paint and grinnin'. And a very forlorn Subaru on the back with a sloppily-painted sign around his neck that says, "ore no mono da." But that's apparently too tame, everyone else who's seen the design wants it to say "you my bitch." XP
Uh... it was late and I was tired? That's my only excuse. :drunk: And the only reason my pals like option two better is 'cause they don't speak Japanese. XD

JoeBoeing
02-11-2003, 08:23 PM
Greetings,

I think it would be fun to have a girlfriend to cross-play with. then again, I'd love to find a girlfriend period.

I think a cute cross-play couple would be Zelgadis and Amelia from the Slayers.

*Is willing to cross-play anything for the right girl*
*is taking applications for a wife*

FRom,
Joe

Cocoa
02-11-2003, 08:28 PM
I need to see a picture of that shirt, Pendrell I lack artistic talent (might make that button anyway...not that my Subaru'd ever see it...she's a college student, while I'm still back in high school). And that pair are very, very hard to live up to - they've been together for a while, I think. I have yet to be introduced to the Seishirou - she sounds like quite a character, though ^^

...Wow, I've managed to get hideously off-topic ^^;;
-Cocoa

L to the 3rd
02-11-2003, 09:43 PM
my boyfriend says i look sexy
as Squall so yea.. he doesn't
mind me crossplaying as guys at all.

TsukiGuujin
02-12-2003, 01:08 AM
>>my boyfriend says i look sexy
as Squall

EEEE! You do! XD

Isn't it great when your guy is openminded enough to know when you make a sexy boy? XD

Ah, the wonders of an open mind...

*plans yaoi couples to cosplay because DAMNIT it's just so great*

~~Tsuki~~

Michi
02-12-2003, 01:22 AM
As long as the boys I crossplay continue to be the androgynous things they are... My boyfriend's just fine with it. XD Especially costumes like Kuja and vinyl Illuminati Gackt. Oh yeah.

TsukiGuujin
02-12-2003, 01:47 AM
I think EVERYONE is ok with Kuja and Illuminati Gackt. XD

*hears crickets*

Well, they SHOULD BE, DAMNIT! *laugh*

~~Tsuki~~

Momoko
02-14-2003, 02:34 PM
My boyfriend is going to be part of our CHAM group. Frankly, I think it's hot to see a guy in a skirt =3

Chiri
02-15-2003, 10:33 AM
deleted what i had posted here..

engrish
02-15-2003, 06:02 PM
People seem to be having these dreamy fantasies of beautiful men and handsome women.
*warning warning reality check!*
most woman look much better dressed as a woman rather then a man, as for men errrr there's a lot more guys out there that fall into the "big hairy sailor senshi" category rather then the "I look pretty in a dress" category

TsukiGuujin
02-15-2003, 07:48 PM
>>People seem to be having these dreamy fantasies of beautiful men and handsome women.

Nothing wrong with a little transvestite fetish, is there!?

>>*warning warning reality check!*

DUDE keep your scary reality away from me! *crawls inside own world where it is safer*

>>most woman look much better dressed as a woman rather then a man

That's not always true. I'm not that pretty as far as females go, but I make a DAMN pretty boy. Not to be full of myself, though, so don't take that the wrong way! ^^;

>> as for men errrr there's a lot more guys out there that fall into the "big hairy sailor senshi" category rather then the "I look pretty in a dress" category

There are equal amounts of both, I think. For instance, I wouldn't want to see my fiance dressed like a girl (although he's CERTAINLY not in the "big hairy senshi" category! X_X)

There are some boys who look FABULOUS in dresses, though.

So. Yeah.

~~Tsuki~~

RoseDuelist
02-16-2003, 01:51 AM
My boyfriend SUGGESTED that I crossplay Inu Yasha, so he obviously doesn't have a problem with it. Also, he has volunteered to be Anthy. I wouldn't really want to see him do that role though, but I wouldn't care if he wore a dress or anything. He's very cute and already has long hair. He is very masculine and muscular, but has slight femenine qualities. Long hair, he cooks, he cleans, he gives massages, and loves a lot of things most guys would think is "gay" (I don't use that word as slang, by they way.. just quoting guys at my school).

So yeah, no prob seein' my guy in a skirt..

Stephen, if you are reading this.... I love you. *innocent eyes*

engrish
02-16-2003, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by TsukiGuujin
>>People seem to be having these dreamy fantasies of beautiful men and handsome women.

Nothing wrong with a little transvestite fetish, is there!?

~~Tsuki~~
LOL it's good to know I'm not the only one who has those types of fantasies.:devil: :devil: :devil:

KaitouKurogo
02-16-2003, 04:30 PM
Mah...I've got absolutely nothing against crossplaying at all, as I don't see how there's anything wrong with it. Even if someone does fall into the 'big-hairy-senshi' catagory, does it really matter? Y'gotta know that Mr. HairyMoon doesn't see the cute-senshi when he looks in the mirror, so it takes a lot of guts and one helluva sense of humor to do that sort of thing.

And yes, I did fully volunteer to do Anthy from the Utena movie. It's such a kickass dress! What with all the frills and that crown... ^_^ How'sabout a crossplay as Tira Misu from Sorcerer Hunters? You'd hardly be able to tell it was a guy with that big ol' cloak, but it'd be really funny to pull off the whole outfit under that cloak. ^_^ Heck, I'd do it if I was in a group.

Menchi
02-16-2003, 08:31 PM
not to be rude or anything...but sailor bubba is a great guy. really a very friendly an helpful guy. he also as kai said has a heck of a sense of humor. ^^ if ya meet em sometime say hi an ya will get a friendly chat ^^

RoseDuelist
02-17-2003, 04:10 PM
KaitouKurogo, I'll have you dress as Tira now... mwuhahaha My new goal..

Lucifer
02-17-2003, 08:21 PM
My boyfriend loves that I crossplay, especially when I'm Yuki and he's Shuichi (so far I think we're the only pair where the Shuichi was the boy and Yuki the girl).

Sometime people mistake us for a gay couple (especially when I'm crossplaying), but we're so use to it, kinda becomes fun.

John Booty
02-19-2003, 06:39 AM
A crossplaying girlfriend is fine with me.

As long as it doesn't involve a strap-on! ^_^;;

engrish
02-19-2003, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by John Booty
A crossplaying girlfriend is fine with me.

NASTY:crylaugh:

TsukiGuujin
02-20-2003, 01:12 AM
>>A crossplaying girlfriend is fine with me.

MWAHAHAH! John, that is so incredibly funny to me! I DIE LAUGHING!

~~Tsuki, who will for the moment keep all comments to herself~~

Alexia Ikyu
02-23-2003, 11:22 PM
Well, I would love to just have a girlfriend in general! Actually, I think it would be awesome to have a crossplaying girlfriend. I'm soon to do my first crossplay costume(I lack time to work on costumes, but I squeeeeeze it in.)

If there are any of legal age girls out there looking for a boy who thinks yaoi is yummy, drop me a message. ^_^

kanzaki_miki
02-27-2003, 06:37 PM
my boyfriend cross dresses as rinoa all the time, he's got deep scars on his arms frokm straight guys attacking him. so he feels safe crossplaying as rinoa. so I'm happy to hold his hand and walkk with him everywhere, even piggyback him. for a while everyone thought i was straight and i had a pretty girlfriend ^_^
it was alright i guess. people treat you differently when youve got a pretty "girl" hanging on your arm. actually i need some help on fabric for a selphie outfit. which type of fabric should i get for her orange dress i wonder. me and my boyfriend will crossplay as two lesbian chicks. straight guys will "heart" it!!! Crossplay is aok! I think those cammy images of that crossplayer guy are really hot! he has such pretty blonde hair. have you seen them>?

Kabuki
02-27-2003, 09:07 PM
LOL!!! OMG...thats meeeee <---Cammy crossplay cosplayer

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=11126&papass=&sort=1&thecat=568

=D

sadly thats not my real hair LOL....;__; my work won't let me have long hair

L to the 3rd
02-27-2003, 09:36 PM
justin, you rule ;p

Kabuki
02-28-2003, 12:11 AM
LOL!!! not as much as how much you rule as being the hottest faux-male ever!!!! ::hits on her:: XP I still wishys you were a boy ;___; I need to make a collection of ppl I think are hot and keep them in jars and shoeboxes XD

::watches as she recoils in fear:: >=D

Kabuki
02-28-2003, 12:12 AM
OH!!!! and you need to be gackt...FOR REALZ!!!!!!!!! (too lazy to edit post) gekka gackt!!!!! with long fingernail action =D

Karisu-sama
02-28-2003, 01:16 AM
Originally posted by the almighty

Dude, ya look fantastic! ^___^

Chas
02-28-2003, 01:28 AM
Seriously! You do look fantastic in that Cammy cosplay, The Almighty!! Wow....In all honesty, I thought you were a girl @ Ani-Magic! (Only saw you a couple times from far off and then only in photos) ::blushes and falls over:: Oh my... ^^;;;;;;;

Merle-kun
02-28-2003, 04:33 AM
LOL! Great Cammy! Eventually, I will be Chun Li.. ever since I seen Jackie Chan crossplay her in the City Hunter movie, I've really wanted to do that costume. Maybe we could get pics when I actually get it done! =3

VPMiyu
02-28-2003, 08:30 AM
So I guess there are rules even to having fun....

Just go have fun. If other people don't like it your better off not having them as friends anyways.

And trust me, never marry someone who is closed-minded. They won't last the long haul and neither will you.

Especially when it is something as insignificant as this!

So you go to cosplay dressed like a female character! Men use to dress up as women in Shakesperes plays.

Its a fantasy fun event. Why must people be so stuck up? Just go have fun.

Kabuki
02-28-2003, 12:07 PM
::giggles:: ^__^ domo domo

city hunter jackie chan frightened me....tho I think city hunter in general frightened me.....o__o LOL!!! a friend (henry LMAO) was inspired by that movie to do a whole Chun-li x Charlies Angels skit @ comicon www.genjitsu.org/sdcc2k1

Kas
02-28-2003, 02:45 PM
I agree.. just go have fun.. I enjoy crossplaying.. I wouldn't mind pairing up with someone.. and I envy people that have that significant other and can do those things.. one day I will be happy with someone.. ^.^ a gal can dream right

kanzaki_miki
03-01-2003, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by the almighty

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=11126&papass=&sort=1&thecat=568

=D

sadly thats not my real hair LOL....;__; my work won't let me have long hair

damn! your an awesome cammy crossplayer! You hafta help me though. I'm trying to Crossplay as selphie (5 10 155.) Any I deas?? I wanna have something up top. but I guess I cant really show cleavage (as I have none) Sigh... where to begin....:schitzo:

VPMiyu
03-01-2003, 07:57 PM
I am so unbelievably amazed at how good yall are at this. I keep asking myself, "Should I be here?"

Its kinda like being in a room full of movie stars. You know they got something you want but your just not there.hehe.

Anyways, I really love looking at all yalls pictures. I can't wait to go to my first Anime Con.

Ryukku
03-03-2003, 05:33 AM
Heheheh.. yeah. Kinda way Lulu matches more with Auron ^_^ I am going to crossplay a guy from a taiwan Tv-series called:
"Wind & Cloud: Conquer The World"'
He is called Duan Lang in the series but his real name is Wang Jia Ling (http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=25819&papass=&sort=1&thecat=3253)
Does anyone know about that series?

Karisu-sama
03-03-2003, 06:07 AM
Oh bloody heck; I for one am nowhere near a movie star. :p

Just a mom who happens to like cosplay / crossplay.

Darien
03-08-2004, 01:47 PM
I would not mind putting on a dress for an cosplay event if given the chance. I actually would like to see you in your costume, You might actually look cute in your costume.

Sixshot
05-26-2004, 02:20 PM
Well as my other post says, my grilfriend doesn't treat me any differently, she likes having someone who is willing to try on girl's clothing and be feminine at times. Although it also seems to aide her yaoi-fantasies as well.

Kawaii Cloud
06-07-2004, 10:29 PM
My Boyfriend and I will be crossplaying as Vincent and Yuffie (from Final Fantasy 7) in our country ^^
People are gonna say he's gay but we don't care =)
anyway, it'll be fun ^^

Esa
06-08-2004, 01:12 PM
I wanna have something up top. but I guess I cant really show cleavage (as I have none) Sigh... where to begin....:schitzo:
....Duct tape, like Dani uses?

mukino_kuneka
06-08-2004, 02:29 PM
Having a boyfriend that crossplays would be sweet! I mean, I crossplay, so it would be all the better for our relationship! :D

But I know that I'll never find a guy that's like that in my age range in my town in my school. . .

Xanthe Kelsylva
06-10-2004, 01:16 PM
I wouldn't mind unless he was really freaky about it like a certain guy I had a crush on who liked cross dressing a little *too* much. It's hard to describe how he was freaky about it... basically, he couldn't keep it within reason. It got to the point where he wasn't masculine at all anymore-- I felt like I was way too dominant in our relationship and he liked my older brother a little *too* much while he started ignoring me more and more. lmao, whenever I tried to impress him by wearing a really pretty outfit he would say crap like, "I wish I were a girl so I could wear that!"

So I suppose a cross-dressing boyfriend would be alright, as long as he didn't get creepy or act jealous of the way I look. But after that relationship, I need a real man. lol. I don't like being the one on top so to speak. I need someone who's masculine enough to cover for my masculine characteristics (e.g. I write like a male apparently, I tend to be braver than a lot of males...)

Nancyboynoire
06-11-2004, 10:11 PM
Wahaha, that's the silliest thing I've ever heard. I think crossplaying would attract girls more than anything else, it's just like how straight men hit the gay bars to pick up girls! That's where my cousin meets all her boyfriends.

And they're all very straight. lol

TideWind1
06-20-2004, 01:47 PM
That would be cool if I found a girl that would like me for crossplaying ^^;;;; beside im still looking for a GF :thumbsup:

foolish_toy
06-20-2004, 06:33 PM
my gf is all for it..she likes dressing me up ...she gets mad though because I have better legs haha..she's always on the hunt for new stuff....we just got a sewing machine so we can start making our own stuff...can't wait..still learning though. working on something for halloween. We are probably gonna go hit up Vegas

aki_no_kitsune
06-21-2004, 12:46 PM
Uff, why should it be any problem? Me and bf both crossplay. To tell the trush he's better at acting feminine than I am. <G> I won't be crossplaying in the next Ropecon though, only cosplaying a chara who's crossing... hee.

Neko Cathy
06-28-2004, 01:51 PM
I still love my crossplaying catboy bf very much...

I even agreed to do a Yuri shot with him. I am very secure with my straightness:

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=142025

Link Arroway
06-28-2004, 03:22 PM
:D Now just to get you to crossplay? :3

Neko Cathy
06-28-2004, 03:25 PM
:D Now just to get you to crossplay? :3
... name a guy with long blonde hair other than Terry. Although I can see myself crossplaying Ed from FMA. But it's been over done.

Crossplaying couples is teh sexy. neow.

Link Arroway
06-28-2004, 03:27 PM
... name a guy with long blonde hair other than Terry. Although I can see myself crossplaying Ed from FMA. But it's been over done.

Crossplaying couples is teh sexy. neow.
We could do some Yaoi :#

Neko Cathy
06-29-2004, 01:04 PM
We could do some Yaoi :#
Would it involve a strap on? :p naw I'm kidding with you. :bigtu: :thumbsup:

Saaski_Moql
07-22-2004, 12:30 PM
I think it would rock ^^ Just think, if you had a significant other who cosplayed/crossplayed, you could spend so much MORE time together, with the making of the costumes, the wearing of them, and the talking about reactions afterwords. Also, if they are as opened-minded as being able to crossplay, how could they say no to things like Shonen-ai/Yaoi? And that right there opens lots of new costume and picture opportunities. *laughs*

It's a pity that I'd never be able to find someone like that. *Has never had a significant other, but can imagine what would happen if terms in this post applied* ^^;;

xiaolong
07-22-2004, 01:13 PM
I think it would rock ^^ Just think, if you had a significant other who cosplayed/crossplayed, you could spend so much MORE time together, with the making of the costumes, the wearing of them, and the talking about reactions afterwords. Also, if they are as opened-minded as being able to crossplay, how could they say no to things like Shonen-ai/Yaoi? And that right there opens lots of new costume and picture opportunities. *laughs*

It's a pity that I'd never be able to find someone like that. *Has never had a significant other, but can imagine what would happen if terms in this post applied* ^^;;

My girlfriend and I both crossplay and cosplay, and you've really hit some of the benefits right on the mark ^^ It's really fun to go shopping together and work on costumes together. What's even better is that we happen to be about the same size, so we can share clothes!

Anyway, it wasn't too long ago when I thought I'd never be able to find someone like her either. Just keep up the hope and keep going to those cons. I'm sure you'll find someone. As you can tell from this thread, lots of guys and girls appreciate crossplay in a partner!

xiaolong
07-22-2004, 01:27 PM
I wouldn't mind unless he was really freaky about it like a certain guy I had a crush on who liked cross dressing a little *too* much. It's hard to describe how he was freaky about it... basically, he couldn't keep it within reason. It got to the point where he wasn't masculine at all anymore-- I felt like I was way too dominant in our relationship and he liked my older brother a little *too* much while he started ignoring me more and more. lmao, whenever I tried to impress him by wearing a really pretty outfit he would say crap like, "I wish I were a girl so I could wear that!"

So I suppose a cross-dressing boyfriend would be alright, as long as he didn't get creepy or act jealous of the way I look. But after that relationship, I need a real man. lol. I don't like being the one on top so to speak. I need someone who's masculine enough to cover for my masculine characteristics (e.g. I write like a male apparently, I tend to be braver than a lot of males...)

I guess this is quite a late reply to your post and possibly OT, but I just wanted to say that crossplaying men and women are "real" men and women, just like non-crossplayers. You say that you have masculine traits, but that doesn't make me think that you're not a real woman. It seems like your former boyfriend was having some issues with his sexual orientation and maybe even his gender identity, so I completely understand why your experience with him would leave you a little confused. ^^;;

However, I know that many crossplayers here (such as myself!) adopt a feminine/masculine persona only in relation to crossplay and are otherwise quite "normal." And even then, crossplay really helps break the artificial gender boundaries of our society. I think one of the great benefits of crossplay and dating is that the partners come to understand that gender traits aren't half as important as bigger issues.

...like making the perfect costume together. ^^

Saaski_Moql
07-22-2004, 03:21 PM
Neato being able to do stuff like that with your girlfriend xiaolong. ^^ and now I'm all happy knowing my "ideas" happen to lucky peoples.

starbear
07-22-2004, 05:20 PM
i dont see anything wrong with crossplaying.i mean..its just for fun..and yeah.i mean..i plan to crossplay someday too...and i dont think my bf would mind.sure he thought it was kinda weird at 1st(still doesnt know if he thinks its weird)..but he loves me anywayz.yeah..so i dont see crossplaying as a issue.

Dai
07-29-2004, 05:19 AM
Wouldn't bother me one bit. XD I would find it interesting and actually a little amusing.

wulfmune
07-29-2004, 09:50 AM
nothing wrong with men and woman getting in touch with their feminine and masculine sides. i prefer people who have traits of both genders, they tend to be more well-rounded/tolerant/down-to-earth people in general imo. a bunch of things that people consider masculine or feminine i don't agree with the genderism anyways. i wouldn't say thats necessarily feminine just because its generally associated with stereotypical woman behavior. i mean window shopping is still window shopping (aka purposefully looking without intention of buying) but how is it considered so different if its looking at guy's track shoes/computer parts vs. looking at earrings/dresses? >_>; all the same big waste of time to me. my boyfriend doesn't mind my crossplaying, but does seem to get alot more happy when i dress up like a girl. for example he'll usually love a female costume alot more even if i didn't spend half as much time on it as i might a male costume. he's jokingly said he'd dress up as a female character to match a male costume of mine but i don't think he'd actually feel comfortable enough to do it. he seems more interested to do the yaoi couple approach, but i'm not much into yaoi.

topleka
07-29-2004, 11:41 AM
Hmm...it seems there are a lot of crossplaying boys looking for a girlfriend, and a lot of crossplaying girls with boyfriends who don't mind. Interesting...

I have a really strange obsession with guys who crossdress. It's just so...cute. Guys in skirts = cuteness. Too bad I'm not looking for a s/o at the moment. ^.^

Reno69
07-29-2004, 02:50 PM
I already have a girlfriend but if she decides to crossplay or dress like a man, I wouldn't mind as long as she tells me she wants to. Hell, I'd probably lend her some clothes and stuff. But I will miss the hair if she decides to cut it. I prefer long over short on others.

nicnacpattywack
07-29-2004, 03:34 PM
I have a boyfriend, and he is going to crossplay whenever he does the costume. I have no problem with it. Our families and ex-friends do however. We were at Wal-Mart and some guys who had seen my boyfriend dress up as a girl for a skit in drama one day yelled out in the parking lot that he was gay. The only thing that bothers me about it is that he actually looks better as a woman than I do. :schitzo:

animeBecky21
07-29-2004, 10:00 PM
Hmm. Thats when he says 'gee, I'm here with a girl, and you're with.. each other??' or some other witty comment. If you even want to acknowledge that sort of childishness. People are strange...

Sixshot
07-30-2004, 03:00 AM
I have a boyfriend, and he is going to crossplay whenever he does the costume. I have no problem with it. Our families and ex-friends do however. We were at Wal-Mart and some guys who had seen my boyfriend dress up as a girl for a skit in drama one day yelled out in the parking lot that he was gay. The only thing that bothers me about it is that he actually looks better as a woman than I do. :schitzo:

From what I've heard from some friends, they worry about the same thing if they find a boyfriend who crossdresses, that he makes a better girl than they do. Thankfully that's not an issue for me, however she is bothered that I appearently have a slimmer waist than she does.

nicnacpattywack
07-30-2004, 12:31 PM
Yea, I think that some girls think about that a lot. Unfortunatly I'm one of them. But other than that petty complaint, I have no problem with my boyfriend crossplaying.

Ky Kiske
07-31-2004, 12:37 AM
I'm crossplaying Ky Kiske, and my boyfriend is crossplaying Sol Badguy *hears the fangirls already, "Kiss, damn you! And grope eachother while doing so!"* I've helped my boyfriend crossdress...so, lol. He makes a better looking girl than me, lol. I thought it was great..(I'm bi though..so, it didn't bother me ^_^) My boyfriend doesn't seem to mind at all about the crossplay, or if fangirls want yaoi pictures..so, I guess I'm lucky..? And don't worry, Topleka..I have that same obsession..lol. It just looks cute ^_^

chinna
10-24-2009, 03:57 PM
Has a person who likes visual kei guys. I think a crosplaying bf would awsome and really hot.

playmysitardemy
11-20-2009, 03:59 AM
I have a gf and we BOTH crossplay. It's probably a plus that we like yaoi.....and soon possibly yuri but it's not on purpose or anything, we just dress up and end up getting pics snapped during our very limited and rare moments of PDA! Just a glance to my page gives proof.

sephygoth
11-20-2009, 10:44 AM
This is a "then who are they REALLY atracted to in the relationship" issue.
unless, both partys crosplay ^^ A party bonus if you ask me.

playmysitardemy
11-20-2009, 12:06 PM
This is a "then who are they REALLY atracted to in the relationship" issue.
unless, both partys crosplay ^^ A party bonus if you ask me.

I hope you're not meaning me.....

ShinobiXikyu
11-21-2009, 12:32 AM
I crossplay, and I've been with my boyfriend for nearly two years. He doesn't mind, though he's voiced that he'd appreciate some non-crossplay cosplays from me (which of course, are only ones I actually WANT to do. No forcing or complaining there). He's just much less publicly affectionate when I'm in crossplay, but that doesn't exactly bother me. From his perspective, it does make sense; I don't LOOK like me, or even my own gender. For someone straight, that's a little awkward.

CynicalSniper
11-22-2009, 02:30 PM
Me and my boyfriend crossplay together X3 At our last con, I was Serge from Chrono Cross and he was my Leena. He's still a little shy about it, but a few things happened at the con that made him realize that he can pass fairly well. ^^ We're happy together and it's fun to do group stuff. He's planning on doing Bridget from guilty gear and Nuriko from Fushigi Yuugi soon. It's technically not crossplay but still. XD He's getting more confident in himself and that makes me happy. One of my next big costumes is Basch from FFXII and I'm worried about what he's going to think about my fake beard i'll have. >_>;;

ShadowYin-Yang
12-01-2009, 08:45 PM
My ex-boyfriend never cared when we went to our first con together and the con after that. Or even now even when we're not dating anymore.

Note, he's my first boyfriend after I went dateless for 17 years! We got together after we found the nerdness in each other lol!(we both love anime, manga, videos games, and playing Children's Card Games!!!)

And my brother is considering crossplaying. Might be my influence so I've only crossplayed so far and it's all I talk about(or fangirl about): "Ooh! I'm totally being Ventus someday! you can be Terra! Who wants to be Aqual?!"*someone points to my brother who only shrugged*
I honestly don't think crossplaying should be a reason why someone can't find a boyfriend/girlfriend. I think it's better to find someone that has something in common with you so if the boyfriend/girlfriend is okay with crossplaying or are crossplayers themselves, it's even better!

MattxLover
12-03-2009, 03:18 PM
:) I don't have a BF, but when I showed my guy friends my new Kadaj cosplay, they ll exclaimed, "Holy hell, you make a really hot guy!" 0__0 I was like, "Um, thanks?" And yes, they are all completely straight, so I was rather surprised. lolz. ^__^ My friends are so supportive of me, and they have offered to escort me to the conventions several times, because "there are way too many perverts that would probably take advantage of a lovely boy-girl." I died laughing when they said that. They are so sweet, and I hope my future boyfriend is as wonderful as they are. I wouldn't mind if my boyfriend liked to crossplay. I just want whoever I love to be comfortable enough to be themselves around me. :)

Edit: I should probabl mention that I'm a girl, since there has been much debate on this fact in the past. Lol.

griffti6
12-03-2009, 03:55 PM
hey mattxlover, wanna get to together then? lol..im just kidding ^_^ ...already have girlfriend but thats kinda shakey cuz she needs to grow up -.- ...i dont think she likes me to crossplay. my first will be yuna from ffx at my very first con(katsucon 16). friends also think im gay cuz i have no problem in a skirt/dress (i have crossdressed for halloween and for school spirit) and not like its really any different, plus...part of me likes to do it cuz i just like to defy what other ppl say and society says its gay/weird/wrong for a guy to be in "girls" clothes. im such a bad boy :P

MattxLover
12-05-2009, 10:19 AM
Hey there griffti6! Lolz, yeah, girlfriends who are immature (or boyfriends, on the other side) are a real bummer. If you love what you're doing in crossplay, then who is she to stifle your creative spirit? :( OMG! You're going to be Yuna??? I love her! She's probably my favorite female character from Final Fantasy, while Kadaj is my favorite male. Do you go to ACEN or Ohayocon? Maybe we could take some pics together! ;)

Sondossa
12-05-2009, 07:47 PM
You know, I haven't crossplayed anything yet, as I don't think I could pass but I can imagine my boyfriend's reaction. He would probably laugh and think I'm kidding (I tend to kid about things like that a lot) and then just say, "Okay, fine."

I don't think he would ever crossplay though. xD

NekoShuffle!
12-05-2009, 09:45 PM
I wouldn't mind at all really XD, girls wear trousers and suits a lot in nowadays society anyway, so it's not that taboo in my opinion, just the fun of dressing up! I don't know why it's so weird for guys or girls to wear clothes of the other gender either really! It's the fun and happiness you get from dressing up that's beautiful, the rest doesn't matter! ^___^

ImNewHere
12-05-2009, 11:07 PM
Hopefully if I can ever get a girl to like me she would be fine with my crossplay. I would not mind her doing crossplay either if she wanted to.

MattxLover
12-07-2009, 03:28 PM
Haha, someone asked me at my school the other day (in response to seeing my other posts here...yah, you know who you are -coughKellycough-PM me girl!) Anyways, she asked me if I would kiss a boy who was in crossplay. I was like, "Pfft, hell yeah!" Honestly, I don't get what the big deal is. If girls can crossdress without as much fuss, why can't boys? It's a freakin' costume!!! -end rant- :) That's why I enjoy cosplaying/crossplaying. It gives you a chance to see the other side of life...it can hlp you understand others just a little bit better. :bigtu:

thatlinkgirl
12-07-2009, 07:12 PM
I think it'd be really fun!
I'd love to crossplay a guy and have my boyfriend crossplay a girl (well, if I HAD a boyfriend.)
Still, I think it'd be much more fun if I got a guy to cosplay America while I crossplayed England.

Y'know? As long as they didn't mind my crossplaying, I don't really think I'd mind theirs.

griffti6
12-08-2009, 11:23 AM
Haha, someone asked me at my school the other day (in response to seeing my other posts here...yah, you know who you are -coughKellycough-PM me girl!) Anyways, she asked me if I would kiss a boy who was in crossplay. I was like, "Pfft, hell yeah!" Honestly, I don't get what the big deal is. If girls can crossdress without as much fuss, why can't boys? It's a freakin' costume!!! -end rant- :) That's why I enjoy cosplaying/crossplaying. It gives you a chance to see the other side of life...it can hlp you understand others just a little bit better. :bigtu:

OMG!!!!! Where have you been all my life!? lol....i guess great minds do think a like ;) ...just like in war, in order to beat your enemy one must first understand your enemy ^_^ thats why i really dont mind to crossdress cuz i feel like im getting on the inside of understanding the huge nebulous of ...The Girl :crylaugh: ...anyways, my girl will just have to get over the fact that ill be wearing a skirt/dress for katsucon ^_^

Oh, I would be totally fine if my BF wanted to crossplay... though I would first have to advise him that he wouldn't make a very pretty girl. I've seen him in my fuzzy pink pj pants... and a skirt before as well. Not pretty.
After I was done laughing my ass off, I'd kiss/make out with him infront of poor unsuspecting on watchers for the reaction. HAHAHA! It would be great!

He's very cool about me crossplaying. Hell, he's cool with me crossplaying as a guy while my guy friend crossplays as the love intrest girl. It's good times.

its nice to have people that are open minded...if only we all could make our own little state lol...claim an island for our own ^_^ ...it proly be convention time 24/7 ...well, maybe 18/7 ...gotta sleep a lil bit ;)

Sutie
12-08-2009, 01:08 PM
Oh, I would be totally fine if my BF wanted to crossplay... though I would first have to advise him that he wouldn't make a very pretty girl. I've seen him in my fuzzy pink pj pants... and a skirt before as well. Not pretty.
After I was done laughing my ass off, I'd kiss/make out with him infront of poor unsuspecting on watchers for the reaction. HAHAHA! It would be great!

He's very cool about me crossplaying. Hell, he's cool with me crossplaying as a guy while my guy friend crossplays as the love intrest girl. It's good times.

MattxLover
12-08-2009, 01:55 PM
Griffti6---

Dunno, probably in hiding. ;) I hope your gf can get over herself at least long enough for you to crossplay Yuna. I'd really love to see how it turns out! Will you be posting epic photos of your crossplay here on our beloved cosplay.com? :bigtu:

griffti6
12-08-2009, 02:01 PM
Griffti6---

Dunno, probably in hiding. ;) I hope your gf can get over herself at least long enough for you to crossplay Yuna. I'd really love to see how it turns out! Will you be posting epic photos of your crossplay here on our beloved cosplay.com? :bigtu:

heh, i dont care what she thinks..ima do what i want, its my life ^_^ shes mad cuz katsucon is over valentines day weekend...i offered her to come with me, so her problem if she doesnt want to spend time with me :P ...and what would make you think i wouldnt post up the pics? katsucon also has a formal dance going on that im crossdressing for...only wish i could have Rinoa's dress from FF8's seeD orientation :P so instead i hopefully can fit into friends prom dress :P..either way, im gonna be completely out of character for the weekend ^_^ ...and ofc ima have plenty of pics and have em all shown to my gf (if she still with me) to make her awkward for not going with me ^_^
~Griffti6
p.s. ..im proly soo off topic lol

MattxLover
12-08-2009, 03:07 PM
heh, i dont care what she thinks..ima do what i want, its my life ^_^ shes mad cuz katsucon is over valentines day weekend...i offered her to come with me, so her problem if she doesnt want to spend time with me :P ...and what would make you think i wouldnt post up the pics? katsucon also has a formal dance going on that im crossdressing for...only wish i could have Rinoa's dress from FF8's seeD orientation :P so instead i hopefully can fit into friends prom dress :P..either way, im gonna be completely out of character for the weekend ^_^ ...and ofc ima have plenty of pics and have em all shown to my gf (if she still with me) to make her awkward for not going with me ^_^
~Griffti6
p.s. ..im proly soo off topic lol

That sounds like such fun! In the interest of staying on-topic, let's chat in the PM's?