PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy All Gathering!

starlet_flower
01-05-2006, 11:29 PM
Hey there! It's starlet_flower and Chibi Plush Toy, heading the Comic Con 2006 Final Fantasy All Gathering, just like we promised! So, come one, come all in your Final Fantasy costumes. Everything from the first Final Fantasy to Final Fantasy XII is welcome!

Date: Friday
Time: 1 pm
Place: Hallway near the registration area

Chibi Plush Toy
01-05-2006, 11:31 PM
Date: Friday. July 21, 2006
Time: 1:00 PM
Area: 2nd level of the convention center between anime screenings and Registration -- in front of Ballroom 20.

Description: The area has a bunch of tables and chairs, a large open space, a couple of food carts, and kinda leads to the back outside of the convention center. However we are staying inside because CA summer sun is too bright and all hopes of the indoors having sufficient air conditioning.

And once again I'll be organizing the list of people who are attending and in costume! So don't be shy, post who you're gonna dress up as here!

FFI

FFII

FFIII
is the same as FFVI.

FFIV

FFV

FFVI

FFVII
Reno - Reno_kun
Advent Children Cloud Strife - TheZan
Advent Children Tifa Lockhart - xmissxhellx, Natchan, TheZan's friend, ~LaDy_LoCkHeArT, Kitsune-sama
Amano Tifa Lockhart - Angel_Tifa
Aeris Gainsborough - BrennaRaevyn, xmissxhellx's friend, DarkReflection's friend
Amano Aeris Gainsborough - Space_Invader, Chibi Plush Toy's friend (who is modeling her costume :D )
Cid Highwind - BrennaRaevyn's boyfriend
Kadaj - TheZan (+2), Sirhc
Advent Children Rufus - Grey Finch
Advent Children Sephiroth - Nall
Advent Children Vincent - Grey Finch's friend

FFVIII
SeeD Cadet Squall - akamai

FFIX
Zidane Tribal - Breeface
Quina Quen - starlet_flower

FFX/X-2
Rikku (regular/FFX) - Akato
Summoner Yuna - Miss Tea

FFXI

FFXII
Fran - .Yuna.

FF-whatever-multiples-and-other-games-they-are-in category (this serves for Moogles, Chocobos, Mogs and other things that go in here)
ycysusan2001 - Female Archer

Unconfirmed List

FFI

FFII

FFIII

FFIV

FFV

FFVI

FFVII
Chibi Plush Toy - Aeris Gainsborough
~LaDy_LoCkHeArT's friends - Aeris Gainsborough, Yuffie Kisaragi, Vincent Valentine
CRUX - Tifa
CelestialAurora - Lucrecia, Aerith Gainsborough

FFVIII

FFIX
Vivi - Breeface's friend

FFX/X-2
Wedding Yuna - CRUX
Lulu - CRUX
Summoner Yuna - CRUX's staff member
~LaDy_LoCkHeArT's friend - Rikku

FFXI

FFXII

The "other" section
KH Unknown for some specific reason ^_^ - CRUX's staff member

Angel Tifa
01-08-2006, 03:36 AM
I'm always at every FF gathering ;). Since it's a long time away, my costume is still undecided.

~Tifa

Reno_kun
01-08-2006, 04:36 AM
like you need to ask what my cosplay is. I'm there

Chibi Plush Toy
01-08-2006, 06:33 PM
All righty so we like, have a Reno...duh.

I just realized...o.o it's the four of us best friends here haha *hugs starlet and Tifa*

Natchan
01-10-2006, 01:57 AM
Sign me up! Tifa - Advent style head your way this summer! Can't wait! :japan:

xmissxhellx
01-16-2006, 12:14 AM
claire, you know i'll definitely be there! especially since i missed last years by like ten minutes... -_-;; im not entirely sure who i'll go as, it all depends on if i can start myself a new costume before then. as for now, i suppose you can sign me up as another AC tifa? ^^ i'll need to brainstorm on who i go as!

Chibi Plush Toy
01-16-2006, 01:22 AM
Allrighty Michelle : ) just lemme know ok?
BTW...I don't have my cellphone anymore :P sucks
As for me...well...let's hope I can get Warrior Rikku done. COZ I WANNA SHOW OFF MY SWORD!!

I wanna see more people here, so hey, POST!!

Space Invader
01-16-2006, 10:36 AM
Hahaha. I'll be in one of three FF costumes I'll be bringing ;). Aerith, Terra, or Leila (all Amano versions). Dunno which one I'll be wearing yet.

Miss Tea
01-16-2006, 03:36 PM
whoa, i totally thought i posted here already.

if i can make it, count me in a Summoner Yuna. still figuring out details and such... as well as what days - but its looking good...i wanna get all the wear out of that costume before i tackled other FF costumes.

BaraChan Rei
01-19-2006, 11:19 AM
I can be FFXII Ashe ^_^

Chibi Plush Toy
02-05-2006, 02:15 AM
Ooh yay Sharon you used the pic I told you to for your icon! <3

folkeye
02-06-2006, 05:45 PM
If I can make it (depends on budget at the time) I can bring AC Kadaj. I'll know as the time draws near.

Kitsune-sama
02-07-2006, 12:31 PM
^_^ Kitsune would like to join in the fun with a Psychier Yuna costume...

o.o; If that's alright...

Chibi Plush Toy
02-07-2006, 01:48 PM
Yeah sure lemmie update the list. I've just been so busy at home I don't really do anything online unless I'm at school.

Soo today I will be updating the list and adding the secondary (not-for-sure) members attending. Will need to discuss this with starlet_flower when I get the chance.

Thanks everyone for your interest, and I hope to see more people attend. Tell your friends about it too, I'd like to see a big gathering again, so let's make it happen!

CRUX
02-09-2006, 10:15 AM
weeeeee! ^-^ i'll see if i can make it. if i can make it to Comic Con this year instead of China (first time visiting!), then definately comes along a Wedding Yuna, Summoner Yuna, Priest-dude-that-marries-Yuna-and-Seymour-together, Seymour, Moogle (children friendly), and a not-ff-but-kh Unknon to guard Wedding Yuna's tail. o.o

^-^ may i ask what day this will be on?

i'll possibly be the Wedding Yuna on a Saturday but if it's a sunday i'll be a Tifa or Lulu ( i would like to be Yuna, tifa and Lulu but alas... T.T there's not enough me...)

The other people in costumes are my staff members... haha drag them along for the ride.... XD

xmissxhellx
02-25-2006, 01:11 AM
oh wow i really cant wait until this gathering! as it turns out i'll prolly be remaking my ac tifa [since my first attempt pretty much fell apart on me within ten minutes of wearing it! T-T] also, has the date and time been set up?

Chibi Plush Toy
02-25-2006, 10:34 AM
OMG sorry guys, we haven't set up anything yet. I haven't been able to contact starlet_flower for a while and I can't find her number...but once I do we'll try to figure out things!

SORRY FOR THE LONG WAIT!

starlet_flower
02-25-2006, 11:24 PM
hey there! sorry i've been out lately. school's been driving me mad. anyways, how about hold the gathering on Saturday? sometime in the afternoon, maybe?

Chibi Plush Toy
02-27-2006, 08:46 PM
All right everyone, I posted the date, time and location in the front page (right under Sharon's post where mine comes immediately after). If you don't happen to catch it, it's at

Saturday of Comic Con (whatever date that may be)
1 PM in the afternoon
HALLWAY NEAR REGISTRATION AND WHERE THEY SHOW THE SCREENINGS.

From last year's point of view I think Sharon's talking about the place with a biiiiiiig open space with all the open seats and tables and a couple of kiosks. It's right next to Registration and well yeah, I hope that's what you were talking about, SharShar ^

does anybody have a sandwich for me?? :\

Kitsune-sama
02-28-2006, 12:27 PM
*hands sandwich* :3

If Kitsune is not getting ready for the Masq. she'll come say hello....

~Kitsune

ycysusan2001
02-28-2006, 02:10 PM
does FFT count?

Chibi Plush Toy
02-28-2006, 11:07 PM
Thank you Kitsu~!

And ycysusan - yes FFTactics counts...that was the Miscellaneous category (can't keep up with all the ones that aren't normal FF numbers...you know Crystal Chronicles, Tactics/TacticsAdvance, etc...)

ycysusan2001
03-01-2006, 03:01 AM
^^ then Ill bring FFT Female Archer~ um... but I don’t know about the weapon policy thou.

CelestialAurora
03-01-2006, 11:57 AM
omg! i really, really, really, really, really want to go to Comic Con! if i actually finally get to go this year, then i might either wear DoC Lucrecia or AC Aerith. ^^

Akato
03-04-2006, 08:10 PM
ohh... ^__^ I canbe RInoa... ^^ FF VIII

folkeye
03-09-2006, 04:00 PM
I've never been to this con, but if I get to go thankfully I have somebody to go with me :) I'm double checking to see if it conflicts with another even. So is this a big con? So hopefully I will know if I can join soon.

Chibi Plush Toy
04-02-2006, 02:24 PM
Yeah it's pretty big, and pretty dang crowded. We'll all have fun! >:D I just hope more people attend!! Last year's gathering was actually pretty small. I was kinda disappointed. Guess everyone's just going for the KH/KH2 gathering, but oh well.

BrennaRaeven
04-07-2006, 06:18 PM
OOOH!!!!!! Count me IN! I'll probably be Tifa FF7, but there's a slight possibility that I'll go to the trouble of making an Aerith costume.

Oh hey I might be quistis as well. Hot.

starlet_flower
04-08-2006, 11:02 PM
okay, people are gonna hate me for this but i'm gonna have to move the day of the gathering to either Friday or Sunday. sorry! so whichever of the two days is better, let me know, okay? sorry!

Chibi Plush Toy
04-09-2006, 12:03 PM
Anything but Saturday you know that...and heeey it was great hanging out with you again yesterday we should party more often :P PHOTOSHOOT!! <3

I don't know which to vote, but considering I am the co-coordinator, I'll leave it up to the rest of you guys (I'm seeing Sunday though hehehe)

BrennaRaeven
04-10-2006, 03:28 AM
Okay you can all 100% count me in as Aerith from FF7 and my boyfriend Justin and Cid Highwind from FF7. This will be super awesome.

BrennaRaeven
04-10-2006, 03:31 AM
Also I vote for Friday

Chibi Plush Toy
04-10-2006, 12:10 PM
OOH!! We may also have an Advent Children Cloud here with us (My best friend/"brother") so that *would* be a possibility for me as Aerith as well (not too sure). I'm cutting off a bit of my hair so I can't really do Quistis for a while, and then there's the hope of finishing Warrior Rikku...yes...we are STRESSED!! ^__^

Also, there is a possibility of Fujin (charmednwicked), Gun Mage Yuna or White Mage Yuna (Hitori-Hoshi), and if my other personal Tifa would like to return (GBT) but again I am not too sure. And...*laughs*...a SeeD Squall may be here too (don't ask me, that part is kinda my responsibility).

Breeface
04-12-2006, 02:39 AM
I don't know if this gathering is still happening but I'll be going as Zidane from FF9 100% positive :0

Angel Tifa
04-12-2006, 10:30 AM
OOH!! We may also have an Advent Children Cloud here with us (My best friend/"brother") so that *would* be a possibility for me as Aerith as well (not too sure). I'm cutting off a bit of my hair so I can't really do Quistis for a while, and then there's the hope of finishing Warrior Rikku...yes...we are STRESSED!! ^__^

Also, there is a possibility of Fujin (charmednwicked), Gun Mage Yuna or White Mage Yuna (Hitori-Hoshi), and if my other personal Tifa would like to return (GBT) but again I am not too sure. And...*laughs*...a SeeD Squall may be here too (don't ask me, that part is kinda my responsibility).

Oooh Yay ^___^! I'd love to have an AC Cloud to glomp *dances*. Hopefully I'll get my new AC Tifa done by then. But no garuntees so we'll still keep me as FFVII Tifa.

~Tifa

Chibi Plush Toy
04-12-2006, 11:08 AM
Of course this gathering is still happening, we just need people to pick a date (Friday or Sunday, start voting, seriously.)

LOL Dot, the AC Cloud is just Squishy (my Brother)

Breeface
04-16-2006, 02:25 AM
I wanted to participate in the Kingdom Hearts gathering as well so I don't know what day to pick since they have no set date either waaa XD And its not that active either ooof.

Chibi Plush Toy
04-16-2006, 08:06 PM
That's why we're trying to get you guys to vote...so pleaaaaaaaase pick something.

Again, it's Friday or Sunday

Don't mess with a girl who has had her Easter ruined by a lot...a LOT...of slugs (shudders).

TheZan
04-17-2006, 05:51 PM
If its not on sunday, I can bring you an AC Cloud, AC Tifa, AC Reno, and hopefully an AC Rude and another AC character. I of course will be Cloud.

Gleowine
04-18-2006, 08:26 PM
I'd like the gathering to be on Friday, I work on Sundays. I'll be dressed up as AC Yuffie and will possibly have a Vincent, Barret, and Cait Sith coming as well.

TheZan
04-18-2006, 09:00 PM
Eheh, scratch my Reno and Rude.... Sorry. Their choosing different costumes...

Chibi Plush Toy
04-22-2006, 02:35 PM
All right...I'll try to work on the listing as soon as I can.

Reno_kun
04-30-2006, 10:58 PM
ha! I'm still the only Reno! woot go AC Reno *Dances the chicken dance*

TheZan
05-01-2006, 09:37 AM
I have 2 (count em) TWO! Kadaj's coming. Prepare for weirdness

starlet_flower
05-01-2006, 11:59 AM
ha! I'm still the only Reno! woot go AC Reno *Dances the chicken dance*

you dork...

anyways, after some serious thinking, i will be going as Quina Quen from FFIX. look out! Gourmand with a giant fork coming through! lmao

Breeface
05-01-2006, 05:50 PM
you dork...

anyways, after some serious thinking, i will be going as Quina Quen from FFIX. look out! Gourmand with a giant fork coming through! lmao
We must take pictturress. <3 Since I'm going as Zidane! ;D

TheZan
05-01-2006, 08:34 PM
Okay, has it been officially deicded that it will be friday?

Space Invader
05-01-2006, 08:57 PM
I've decided I'll be wearing my amano Aerith to the shoot if it's on Friday :).

*paints staff*

Chibi Plush Toy
05-02-2006, 08:48 AM
Okay, has it been officially deicded that it will be friday?

It's still a long way off, probably finalize it by next month, anyway not a lot of people have voted yet.

*waiting for a callback from Sharon*

starlet_flower
05-02-2006, 12:13 PM
right now it's looking like it's gonna be on Friday, but like Chibi Plush Toy said, we're still quite a ways off and not much people voted yet.

Chibi Plush Toy
05-02-2006, 11:00 PM
List updated. Sharon, we discuss this tomorrow maybe?

akamai
05-03-2006, 03:32 PM
hey i've kinda been out of the cosplay loop for awhile, but I'm getting back into it! I'm going to Comic-Con '06 this year, and I'll be going as SeeD Cadet Squall (pre-graduation w/ the blue and silver uniform). I'd love to be a part of the meet up! And Friday is good for me!

xmissxhellx
05-06-2006, 11:38 AM
either day would be perfectly fine with me just so long as they dont bump into other gatherings im attending ^^

~LaDy_LoCkHeArT
05-07-2006, 07:33 PM
count me in! i wanna be AC Tifa ^_^

Chibi Plush Toy
05-16-2006, 11:40 PM
Sharon, we're going to need to discuss the final placement of this sometime.

Quick note: Is everyone clear on the location of this?

Suzushichan
05-17-2006, 01:39 AM
if i have gunner tifa in time i will attend as well.

xmissxhellx
05-17-2006, 05:15 PM
*scratches head, a bit clueless* ^^;; wheres this one located at again?

Chibi Plush Toy
05-17-2006, 06:39 PM
Mel -- Dude you've got a LOT of Gunners...hehe
Michelle -- I'll figure it out probably on Preview Night and then call you (if I still have your number :\) Still on the upper level, between Registration and the Screening Rooms. That's all I can say for now.

xmissxhellx
05-17-2006, 11:00 PM
claire- sounds good to me! just PM any time if you need my number again! ^^

Sirhc
05-18-2006, 11:57 AM
i was planning on using my kadaj costume on saturday though friday would work just as well for me. i don't think i can get the sword into the convention hall though. i'll have to look up the conventions policy on weapons. pitty i love that sword :P.

Chibi Plush Toy
05-22-2006, 06:12 PM
I think it's fine if it's not a REAL sword.

List updated, and my own is still undecided.

edit: Just called Sharon. We have decided that it's officially going to be Friday.

starlet_flower
05-22-2006, 10:23 PM
yup! since most of the people who voted agreed on Friday, then we'll be holding this gathering on Friday.

Sirhc
05-23-2006, 12:14 PM
ahhh but there in lies the problem. it IS a real sword. metal blade and everything. granted it is 100% prop and the blade isn't sharp, but it is metal. while hitting it against anything will damage the sword more than whatever i hit, the point is it is a real sword. the pics are in my gallery but i will find out ahead of time if i am allowed to bring the weapon in the convention hall, or if they have some restriction regarding peacetying it or something else.

Breeface
05-23-2006, 03:00 PM
I think it would be a bit odd if they didn't let you bring it in...considering they sell real swords and other real props from movies and the like inside the con itself provided you are 18+. Last year for example there was a handful of Crazy 88 people from Kill Bill walking around with katanas and such. I still might look into it though ;x

Edit: Friend of mine said it's probably a No with the sword, especially if it has no sheath. When you buy the swords and such that they have there you have to keep them in the box and/or sheath they are in. You'd probably be fine standing outside the convention center if people wanted pictures but other than that... yeah >< Bummer.

Suzushichan
05-28-2006, 12:36 PM
Date: Friday. July 21, 2006
Time: 1:00 PM
Area: 2nd level of the convention center between anime screenings and Registration
Description: The area has a bunch of tables and chairs, a large open space, a couple of food carts, and kinda leads to the back outside of the convention center. However we are staying inside because CA summer sun is too bright and all hopes of the indoors having sufficient air conditioning.

And once again I'll be organizing the list of people who are attending and in costume! So don't be shy, post who you're gonna dress up as here!

I suppose I'm going to have a hard time organizing this list again but for now these are confirmed characters (first half) and unconfirmed characters.

FFI

FFII

FFIII
is the same as FFVI.

FFIV

FFV

FFVI

FFVII
Reno - Reno_kun
Advent Children Cloud Strife - TheZan
Advent Children Tifa Lockhart - Natchan, TheZan's friend, ~LaDy_LoCkHeArT
Aeris Gainsborough - BrennaRaevyn
Amano Aeris Gainsborough - Space_Invader
Cid Highwind - BrennaRaevyn's boyfriend
Kadaj - TheZan (+2), Sirhc

FFVIII
Rinoa - Akato
SeeD Cadet Squall - akamai

FFIX
Zidane Tribal - Breeface
Quina Quen - starlet_flower

FFX/X-2
Summoner Yuna - Miss Tea
Psychicher Yuna - Kitsune-sama

FFXI

FFXII
Ashe - BaraChan Rei

FF-whatever-multiples-and-other-games-they-are-in category (this serves for Moogles, Chocobos, Mogs and other things that go in here)
ycysusan2001 - Female Archer

Unconfirmed List

FFI

FFII

FFIII

FFIV

FFV

FFVI

FFVII
xmissxhellx - AC Tifa
folkeye - Kadaj
CRUX - Tifa
CelestialAurora - Lucrecia, Aerith
Gleowine - AC Yuffie
Gleowine's Friends - Vincent, Barret, Cait Sith

FFVIII

FFIX

FFX/X-2
Wedding Yuna - CRUX
Lulu - CRUX
Summoner Yuna - CRUX's staff member
Priest - CRUX's staff member
Seymour - CRUX's staff member
Moogle - CRUX's staff member

FFXI

FFXII

The "other" section
KH Unknown for some specific reason ^_^ - CRUX's staff member

Dang...and I don't even have mine picked out yet! Crazy...decisions, decisions.

The area is in front of ballroom 20 (where the masquerade is usuaally at) if anyone was a little confused. :)

Chibi Plush Toy
05-28-2006, 01:01 PM
THANK you so much Mel!

Sirhc
05-28-2006, 04:59 PM
actually the sword does have a sheath. kadaj has a black sheath in the movie, usually worn against his lower back. the sheath has two slots, one for each blade. happily for me, i also have the sheath.

i don't have the shoulder strap that he has....yet. i'm working on it though.

hopefully that part will be done by AX

so it looks like i will have the sword with me, at least outside. i may have to check it with security to have them tie it shut if i take it indoors. at the very least i'll bring it along. better to have them say no, than to find out i could have brought it and no have it with me.

Chibi Plush Toy
05-29-2006, 07:31 PM
So...anyone else wanna be added to the list if they know what they're cosplaying? I STILL have not decided, and will more than likely need my friends' help on this. Sharon, Dot, Mel??

Kitsune-sama
06-01-2006, 05:50 PM
: O Oi...Kitsune isn't cosplaying as Yuna no mores...

^.^ I'm going in my Kadaj costume, so could you please change it? *purrs, puppydog eyes*

Chibi Plush Toy
06-01-2006, 06:09 PM
Allrighty that's fine, don't worry about it

Eurobeat King
06-03-2006, 12:00 AM
Hey everyone,

not sure if you already knew this, but according to SDCC's website, Yoshitaka Amano himself is going to appear at Comic con!! :eek:

http://www.comic-con.org/cci/cci_guests.shtml#Amano

After thinking fans would never see him at a U.S. con again (after AniZona 2005), it was announced that he's appearing at Oni-Con in Texas in October, but CA fans get to see him first! Hopefully he'll have a panel and/or an autograph session.. I already got my "Dear Friends" concert book autographed by him, but this time I'll probably print out a picture I took of him at AZ and have him autograph that. :) Hopefully I'll have time to do so.

Anybody else plan to do Amano-style costumes?

Angel Tifa
06-03-2006, 12:25 AM
Eurobeat King, actually I did plan to do Amano Tifa this Comic-Con since it hasn't been worn at a con yet. If I'm only going for one day, I might just wear Amano Tifa instead of the regular game Tifa.

@ Suzushichan-Yeah you may add me as Amano Tifa

Eurobeat King
06-03-2006, 12:29 AM
Eurobeat King, actually I did plan to do Amano Tifa this Comic-Con since it hasn't been worn at a con yet. If I'm only going for one day, I might just wear Amano Tifa instead of the regular game Tifa.

ok :) i hope to find you for pics. Not as easy at this con unlike ALA..

xmissxhellx
06-03-2006, 04:06 AM
Yoshitaka Amano's gonna be there?! wow... hmm i just may need to work in some kind of amano cosplay... *thinks about amano yuna?*

Chibi Plush Toy
06-03-2006, 01:37 PM
Oh wow @_@ Gotta meet him. So...any possibility that it's gonna be a long line to see him?

Eurobeat King
06-03-2006, 04:19 PM
Oh wow @_@ Gotta meet him. So...any possibility that it's gonna be a long line to see him?

The schedule for SDCC usually isn't online until mid-June or early July, so we won't know if he's hosting a panel or autograph-session until then. But assume a lot of people will be going to see him, since there are a lot of gamers (more so than anime-fans at this con) attending, expect a long line for autographs. And like previous SDCC's, some guests may only sign a limited # of autographs or for a limited time, so line up early if you have to.

Oh, I found an item for him to sign! My FFX-2 2006 calendar has a page that has his artwork for Yuna, Rikku, & Paine! Now I'm glad nobody bought it from me at the Fanime Swap Meet.. and here I was only selling it for $4.. :D

Grey Finch
06-05-2006, 07:33 PM
I'll be going as FFVII: AC Rufus (without the wheelchair). And my friend'll be going as AC Vincent also, since I'm making her costume. XD I'm not sure if she'll be going as that the same day (I can't get in contact with her, she's in New Zealand and didn't give me her email) but I'm pretty sure she will.

Just a question, if it starts at one on Friday, how long is it expected to go for? Or is it just kinda up in the air?

TheZan
06-05-2006, 08:16 PM
Please leave it at one on friday! I'm begging!!!

Chibi Plush Toy
06-05-2006, 08:34 PM
Lemme call Starlet...what's going on after 1? As for how long it goes, it's up in the air, however long people plan to stay and get photographed, if there is anyone who's going to be taking pictures anyway...

And for the record...it IS going to stay at 1PM

Grey Finch
06-06-2006, 12:38 AM
Oh, nothing in particular. I was just curious. :3

CRUX
06-06-2006, 10:26 AM
o.o CRUX here.... to apologise.

apparently our Priest, Seymour and Moogle can't make it..... a flight to Japan to visit relatives. So we're withdrawing those.... but we're almost almost almost sure everyone else is making it. A Yazoo and Kadaj is also i nthe making but we're not sure if they'll be finish in time.

Eurobeat King
06-06-2006, 10:47 AM
As for how long it goes, it's up in the air, however long people plan to stay and get photographed, if there is anyone who's going to be taking pictures anyway...

I'll probably be there to take photos, since I was there for last year's FF gathering. :)

Sirhc
06-06-2006, 11:53 AM
hum, now all we need is a Loz. i suppose its to late to start strong arming friends to get a costume togeather. particularly if i would demand a moving version of Loz's weapon..... and 3 full sized props of their bikes.

what, thats not unreasonable :P

Breeface
06-06-2006, 03:02 PM
I might be having a ViVi (FFIX) coming along if we can get her costume done in time, I'm still on for Zidane 100% though ;D

I found out about Amano attending a few weeks ago and kept meaning to post it here. Brain fart. :B
Really glad I found my FFIX artbook now, totally having it signed. ;D

Chibi Plush Toy
06-06-2006, 08:13 PM
No need to apologize if you don't have people that can come, it's not like it's the end of the world if they don't attend or anything. And thanks for HOPEFULLY being there, Al!

I'll edit the list tomorrow maybe, right now I'm quite tired and am busy studying for finals ><

Akato
06-08-2006, 02:57 PM
ohh... ^__^ I canbe RInoa... ^^ FF VIII
Im trying my Rikku FFX costume for this one... erase the rinoa one!!!

Chibi Plush Toy
06-08-2006, 05:38 PM
Lists updated again.

xmissxhellx
06-08-2006, 08:42 PM
hey there claire!! just wanted to let you know that i was gonna bring my friend along with me [enjoy green tea] she's gonna come along as aerith! ^^

Chibi Plush Toy
06-09-2006, 12:08 AM
All right I'll put that up : ) Are you going as AC Tifa or not too sure? I'd like to get people confirmed.

xmissxhellx
06-09-2006, 09:18 PM
ill be coming as AC tifa for sure! just need to do a little touchups on the whole thing! ^^

Nall
06-10-2006, 02:36 PM
I should definately be there as Sephiroth from Advent Children. Count me in! ^^

-Nall

Chibi Plush Toy
06-10-2006, 03:09 PM
:O Nall, you realize that you're going to be kidnapped and tied up, right?

Angel Tifa
06-10-2006, 09:18 PM
:O Nall, you realize that you're going to be kidnapped and tied up, right?

Oh yeah Nall. Chibi Plush Toy here is a huge Sephiroth fan :D! You'll at least get a great big glomp from her Nall.

Grey Finch
06-12-2006, 01:09 AM
I just got a confirmation from my friend that she'll be going as AC Vincent with me on Friday. :3

Chibi Plush Toy
06-12-2006, 06:29 PM
Stuff updated.

And Dot...I am not THAT obsessed...wait, that's an understatement...YES I AM! But I can hold my resolve and I won't glomp unless absolutely necessary.

Where's everyone else? I wanna get their costumes confirmed (more maybe's than actual attendance)

akamai
06-12-2006, 11:59 PM
Im trying my Rikku FFX costume for this one... erase the rinoa one!!!

argh!! I was getting excited that there was going to be a Rinoa there. Oh well...

Chibi Plush Toy
06-13-2006, 08:47 AM
I thought so too... :\ Hahaha now if I would even bother to get any of my costumes outta the closet... and hand-picked.

folkeye
06-13-2006, 06:09 PM
I know I won't be able to get to this gathering so unfortunately count me out of trying to be there. All hail the real world of work and no more summer vacations (so that means no Fridays)

BaraChan Rei
06-14-2006, 03:41 AM
Nooooooooooooooooo... Turns out I wont be able to go ;_;... Family wedding on ComicCon Saturday, that I have to travel to Texas for ~_~...
Im so sorry everyone... Scratch my FFXII Ashe off the list u_u... Hopefully Ill be there in 2007 :|

Sirhc
06-14-2006, 12:32 PM
just confirming. i'm going to be at SDCC every day (save the pre-reg free day...curses to work....). i'll wear kadaj all day friday...(as long as i don't pass out)

~LaDy_LoCkHeArT
06-14-2006, 03:43 PM
Stuff updated.

And Dot...I am not THAT obsessed...wait, that's an understatement...YES I AM! But I can hold my resolve and I won't glomp unless absolutely necessary.

Where's everyone else? I wanna get their costumes confirmed (more maybe's than actual attendance)

umm chibi plush toy i have a friend whos going to go (i think she sed she was gonna go if she does she mite be aeris) uhh she has an obssesion wid seph as much as you do (i havent met you, i suspect you to be like, how would i say this...woah) if you say LOOK ITS SEPHIROTH! shell be running in the direction you point or at least look

~LaDy_LoCkHeArT
06-14-2006, 03:44 PM
oh yeah if i didnt say i have 2 friends hoo and maybe another who are gonna be vincent maybe aeris and a yuffie (rikku dattebayo)

Chibi Plush Toy
06-14-2006, 04:55 PM
Hahaha, depends...we gotta see Nall first to believe it. Then maybe I'll chase. I'll race ur friend too XP

Akato
06-15-2006, 06:29 PM
argh!! I was getting excited that there was going to be a Rinoa there. Oh well...
Ahhh.. im so sorry.. ^^: I was expecting to go as Rinoa, but then again, I wnet like Riona last year.. so i wanted a different cosplay for this year,.. thats why Im making Rikku... *^^*

sacha
06-23-2006, 02:49 PM
It's still up in the air whether I'm coming in on Thursday or Friday BUT, so you have a heads up, if I'm there in time for the gathering, I'll have Yazoo with me that weekend. I'll let you know for sure soon ^_^

Velvy
06-26-2006, 02:10 AM
I'm cool with either day, but since the majority have voted Friday and we should probably settle a day soon, I'm gonna go with Friday.

Nall
06-26-2006, 08:40 PM
Friday is a bigger convention day so it's a much better choice to hold the gathering, both for attendance and for publicity. Whereas Sunday is the final day and everything is kind of winding down by then and everyone is getting packed up to go home, which makes it not nearly as fun. ^^;

Personally I think Saturday would be the best day, but I suppose that's not an option?

-Nall

Chibi Plush Toy
06-26-2006, 08:52 PM
It's already picked Friday...just that Sharon needs to update her post (already did to mine...if anyone actually read mine on the front page o_o;; )

Angel Tifa
06-26-2006, 09:13 PM
If I can get a ride with someone else, I can go Friday(I picked Sunday because my mom work's Fridays and isn't able to take me). Can someone give me a ride? PM me if it's okay.

@Nall-the reason we didn't choose Saturday is because that's the masquerade and some of us will probably be busy being backstage all day.

Chibi Plush Toy
06-28-2006, 12:25 AM
o.o Dot...couldn't you get a ride with Sharon?

Angel Tifa
06-28-2006, 01:05 AM
o.o Dot...couldn't you get a ride with Sharon?

I could if Sharon's dad is willing to take us Thursday and Friday(I wanna go all four days, but I dunno about Sharon but that's up to her and her dad). I know her dad was willing to take her all days last year so it's a big possibility.

starlet_flower
06-29-2006, 10:33 AM
okay, i just updated. and um, i'm not sure about the rides thing cuz i might be staying at harvest_bunny's(Tina) house during all the days...

Reno_kun
06-29-2006, 10:44 AM
at the risk of sounding like a after school special. then you can just ask tina for a ride. problem solved.

Chibi Plush Toy
06-29-2006, 12:37 PM
And then there's the possibility of taking the transit bus (which I am doing since I am STILL licenseless).

Angel Tifa
06-29-2006, 05:27 PM
okay, i just updated. and um, i'm not sure about the rides thing cuz i might be staying at harvest_bunny's(Tina) house during all the days...

Sharon, if it's okay for me to just stay at Tina's house for the first two days? Can you talk it over with her? Or if I can just get a ride with you guys the first two days. Thanks. Yeah Reno_kun's right, that would be the best solution.

Claire the busses take too long(try four hours?). They would take up half the day of the con.

Chibi Plush Toy
06-29-2006, 06:47 PM
-_- As long as you can get here and the four Femmes can reunite I'll be happy.

DarkReflection
06-29-2006, 10:27 PM
I won't be attending the gathering in person, but my friend will be attending as Aerith, so look for her and keep her company for me. thanks.

ReddTrigger
06-30-2006, 05:16 PM
My g/f and I will probably only be there for Saturday, will any of you guys be around that day?

(And not to threadjack) but anyone know what day Amano will be there?

Arista
07-07-2006, 05:41 PM
I'll be there as Fran from FFXII (artwork version). :D

Chibi Plush Toy
07-07-2006, 10:09 PM
All righty then. Since it's pretty much crunch time session, I won't be updating the list much on time, but I do hope to see everyone there.

((ReddTrigger and .Yuna. I saw you guys at AX but didn't get to introduce myself ^^;; ))

I hope everyone remembers this is at 1:00 PM, Friday in front of Ballroom 20 (this is probably the last time I'm gonna say it)

Eurobeat King
07-07-2006, 11:19 PM
FYI, the comic-con website posted the schedule, and for those interested in attending Amano-san's panel, here's the info:

Saturday, July 22nd
6:00-7:00 Spotlight on Yoshitaka Amano— BOOM! Studios presents the genre-crossing artist. Best known for his work on the Final Fantasy videogame series, Yoshitaka Amano is one of the most popular artists working today, and his work includes illustration, game design, and manga. His American-based work includes The Sandman: The Dream Hunters for Vertigo and Wolverine/Elektra for Marvel. Room 2

No word yet if he'll be signing autographs either after the panel or in the autograph area..

Gleowine
07-13-2006, 02:37 PM
Sorry I can't make it. I was a dumbarse and scheduled to have classes on Friday.

questionablekri
07-18-2006, 01:10 AM
um, if you're still taking people that day I'm going as Lucrecia Crescent from FFVII- Dirge of Cerberus.

TheZan
07-18-2006, 01:34 AM
We should meet up on Saturday and go see Amana, even if we're not in our FF costumes from Friday... I think it'd be fun

xmissxhellx
07-19-2006, 01:00 AM
omg my tifa totally died on me!!! so if i cant manage to get that one back together, then i might just appear as yuna again! expect either one! ^^;;

Chibi Plush Toy
07-19-2006, 03:06 PM
Whoo, I hope you can make it Michelle <3

I'm not gonna be updating the list this week, just show up if you're going to. Some of my group's plans changed around as well and I don't feel like editing the front page XD

xmissxhellx
07-19-2006, 11:27 PM
claire, haha ill definitely be there, just in either costumes though! i cant wait to see you again!! call me up, mmk? ^^

ycysusan2001
07-19-2006, 11:39 PM
TT I cant make it on Friday. Have to work, sorry~

Chibi Plush Toy
07-19-2006, 11:47 PM
Will do!! *writes down*

Kitsune-sama
07-20-2006, 08:46 AM
Dang, sorry a bunch guys, but Kitsune no can go. I've got a, what's the word, seminar to go to at one and I won't be able to make it!

Sorry, maybe next time :3

~Kitsune

starlet_flower
07-20-2006, 10:16 AM
aw, sorry to hear that, Kits! but that's okay, i totally understand.

akamai
07-20-2006, 04:29 PM
alright, just gotta go to work today, and then tomorrow I'll see you all there!

Angel Tifa
07-20-2006, 11:54 PM
Dang, sorry a bunch guys, but Kitsune no can go. I've got a, what's the word, seminar to go to at one and I won't be able to make it!

Sorry, maybe next time :3

~Kitsune

I'm sorry to hear that Kitsune. I haven't seen you since October and I hope to see you at more cons or gatherings, but I also understand ;).

Chibi Plush Toy
07-22-2006, 04:42 AM
Hey everyone!

The gathering was a nice turnout, more than what Sharon and I expected. Thank you all so much for showing up...especially since it was LATE since a certain someone misdirected everyone from what I heard...

We said it was Ballroom 20. Not 6.

Glad everyone figured that out ^^

P.S. does anyone remember that lady who told us to go to her website...something about gaming? I totally forgot.

TheZan
07-24-2006, 08:39 AM
I apologize, I was the Cloud that kinda gathered people around himself and got a bit turned around... Gomen! It all wokred out in the end, though, neh? It was a ton of fun! And we got some great pictures!

Sirhc
07-24-2006, 11:36 AM
thanks everyone for the great time.

also thanks to the other kadaj and Loz who i met at AX and again as SDCC.

and the piano playing aeris. woot to musical skill

and EBK and everyone who took pictures.

and to the cloud with the sword for the battle scene photo. i've been wanting to do that shot for a while.

starlet_flower
07-24-2006, 12:23 PM
i totally didn't expect such a large gathering. thanks everyone for showing up!

Chibi Plush Toy
07-24-2006, 01:51 PM
I apologize, I was the Cloud that kinda gathered people around himself and got a bit turned around... Gomen! It all wokred out in the end, though, neh? It was a ton of fun! And we got some great pictures!

Oh so THAT was you...your Aeris-boyfriend has pictures in my gallery.

Grey Finch
07-24-2006, 03:55 PM

Oh yeah! You were the one we kept running into, right? With the sister who lost her bag? ^^ Yeah, my friend and I were the Vincent and Rufus. Fun meeting you guys! And the gathering was really great, we both had a good time. :D

Breeface
07-24-2006, 08:38 PM
Needless to say my Zidane cosplay went off without a hitch. I didn't really think that many people actually played Final Fantasy IX... :x
I even got kidnapped by lots of women/CRAZY fan girls. Zidane himself would be so proud <3 XD

questionablekri
07-24-2006, 11:02 PM
hi! I was the Lucrecia who,for the most part, just stood around in the backround and snapped pics. ha ha. It was awesome seeing you guys there though, everybody looked great! Good jobs all around.

TheZan
07-25-2006, 12:56 AM
Oh so THAT was you...your Aeris-boyfriend has pictures in my gallery.

The Man-Aeris who was groping me? Yeah, that was funny.... and mildly strange. But I'm up for it... ^_^;;

thanks everyone for the great time.

also thanks to the other kadaj and Loz who i met at AX and again as SDCC.

and the piano playing aeris. woot to musical skill

and EBK and everyone who took pictures.

and to the cloud with the sword for the battle scene photo. i've been wanting to do that shot for a while.

I just wish I'd had more control over my hair... friggin Wig. That was too much fun though. I'm a newb cosplayer, so I hope I did all right! I keep thinking about cooler poses and stuff... I wish I'd thought faster...

Oh yeah! You were the one we kept running into, right? With the sister who lost her bag? ^^ Yeah, my friend and I were the Vincent and Rufus. Fun meeting you guys! And the gathering was really great, we both had a good time. :D

You guys were teh awesome. Seriously. Thanks for helping us find the bag!

Grey Finch
07-25-2006, 01:28 AM
You guys were teh awesome. Seriously. Thanks for helping us find the bag!

Aww, thanks! ^^ You guys were teh awesome too! No problem, that "mini quest" was actually pretty funny. XD

TheZan
07-25-2006, 10:34 AM
And we got a bag of goodies +9 for all the trouble and made a few new allies! Woot!

*VICTORY MUSIC* DUN DUN DUN DUUUUUUUH DUUUUUH DUUUUUN DUN D-DUN!

^_^;;

Angel Tifa
07-25-2006, 09:25 PM
Grey Finch, you made a great Rufus ;)! The prop for the Jenova head box was excellent :bigtu:! I got a pictures of Comic-Con and the gathering for my photobucket.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v435/Tifa_Rinoa/Comic-Con%202006/

If you guys wanna take some for your gallery, feel free to just PM and ask me :D. Thanks.

Grey Finch
07-25-2006, 09:49 PM
Grey Finch, you made a great Rufus ;)! The prop for the Jenova head box was excellent :bigtu:! I got a pictures of Comic-Con and the gathering for my photobucket.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v435/Tifa_Rinoa/Comic-Con%202006/

If you guys wanna take some for your gallery, feel free to just PM and ask me :D. Thanks.

Aww, thank you! ^^ Were you the Amano Tifa at the gathering? I really liked your costume. :3 Heh, would you mind if I snagged that Rufus picture from yeh? (with credit, of course <3)

Angel Tifa
07-25-2006, 09:58 PM
Aww, thank you! ^^ Were you the Amano Tifa at the gathering? I really liked your costume. :3 Heh, would you mind if I snagged that Rufus picture from yeh? (with credit, of course <3)

Sure go for it^^. Yeah credit would be nice thanks ^^.