PDA

View Full Version : need some help with Camui/Kamui from X/1999

thefinal
01-08-2006, 03:11 AM
I'm trying to help my friend out because it's his first cosplay. He's wanting to cosplay as Kamui from X/1999. Just looking for the pants and the top though.

If anyone can give me a price quote (if you're a commissioner) on this, that would be of great help. For his approximate size, MD/LG.

If you can give me a reference to a commissioner, that'd be very helpful too : ) Thank you for your time and help.

Picture 01 (http://animepa.csusm.edu/galleries/T-Z/X/sm/X-HUGEKamui72.jpg)

Picture 02 (http://animepa.csusm.edu/galleries/T-Z/X/sm/sewn.jpg)

Solaria
01-08-2006, 04:24 AM
You should probably post a picture of the exact costume you want, as Kamui has 39751985958 of them, especially in manga/artbook pictures. Even if it's just the one he wears a lot in the anime, a lot of people may not know what it looks like.

thefinal
01-08-2006, 04:29 AM
You should probably post a picture of the exact costume you want, as Kamui has 39751985958 of them, especially in manga/artbook pictures. Even if it's just the one he wears a lot in the anime, a lot of people may not know what it looks like.

Yeah, that slipped my mind ><;; Thank you for taking notice to that.

Cora
01-08-2006, 04:59 AM
Kamui (just K, not C ^^;; *former X fanatic*) should be a fairly simple costume to make on your own. If you bought your materials in efficient amounts, I can't imagine that it would cost you more than $30-$50 to make. (Trust me, that's not too bad for a costume...though I'm sure some people have done more complicated ones for less...I'm a stickler for detail though ^^;; )

Best advice I can give you for making it yourself...find lots of reference pictures of the exact costume you want (I'm assuming it's just the school uniform), make some sketches if you can, then go and see if you can't either find an existing jacket to modify, or a pattern at a local fabric store that is close to what you're going for. Follow the directions for how much fabric you need and buy accordingly ^^

Good Luck!