PDA

View Full Version : Smash Bros. Cosplay?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

cyankirby
02-11-2003, 07:15 PM
Has anyone done any cosplay from the Smash Bros. game? It's just a mix of characters from different Nintendo games. There's even Roy and Marth from games that weren't even released in the US. There is of course overlap with the games that the characters come from but was just wondering if anyone has or plans to... :D

KnuxieChan
02-11-2003, 08:12 PM
I'd want to cosplay Gannondorf as odd as that is XD Either that or Link.

TyJILDown
02-11-2003, 08:14 PM
Ah, I do have plans to! In August I plan to debut Marth, right now I am working on his sword ^_^

GIves me plenty of time to tackle this costume X_x

cyankirby
02-11-2003, 08:42 PM
Cool stuff! :) A ganondorf would be awesome! I've never seen anyone go as him and he's pretty important (evil but important) in the game. And I don't think it's odd, in fact it's pretty cool. He gets overlooked a lot in cosplay...
Marth is so cute! I love his and Roy's outfit. In fact, if your Marth costume is going to debut in August and you're going to Otakon, maybe we'll meet. I'm going as Roy! Anybody else?

KaitouKurogo
02-11-2003, 08:57 PM
Oi, I'm planning a Link costume while my friend Scott is planning a Gannondorf costume. Meanwhile, two more friends are planning to be Marth and Ness. ^_^ Fun fun.

cyankirby
02-11-2003, 09:25 PM
I hope you get a picture of all of you. I'd love to see it! :)

Sana-chan
02-11-2003, 09:31 PM
I wanna cosplay as Blue Outfit Zelda or Regular Outfit Roy from SSBM.

Dark Vision
02-11-2003, 09:37 PM
Total Roy and Marth action right here.

cyankirby
02-11-2003, 09:40 PM
Zelda's blue outfit looks good, I think it's a nice color on her. Roy's green outfit is good looking in addition to his reg. outfit. Actually, most of his outfits look really nice on him. He's a lucky guy, I wish everything looked nice on me...

Sana-chan
02-11-2003, 09:41 PM
Roy is juss nice looking in general lol XD

cyankirby
02-11-2003, 09:42 PM
That's very true. :)

DJ(SiC)ness
02-11-2003, 11:54 PM
someone needs to cosplay the big hand

cyankirby
02-11-2003, 11:57 PM
Mmmm, that or GIGA BOWSER! Although he's a little big...
As for the hand, that would be interesting to see someone try that. Any takers?

Nietsche
02-12-2003, 12:31 AM
Wow...already a handful of Fire Emblem cosplayers.....this may inspire a million Marth march or something if this catches on hehe...

but no.....anyone gonna do Yoshi? or how about Mr Game and Watch?...

Lynzie
02-12-2003, 12:35 AM
My brother says he's going to cosplay Mr. Game and Watch. XD Not that he even cosplays... he's just making fun of me... but still. ^^

I've cosplayed as Zelda before. I'm thinking about remaking the costume someday. And I'm planning a Peach costume... though I'm having trouble deciding if it should be Smash Bros. Peach, Mario Sunshine Peach, or Mario Kart Peach. (Cardboard Kart!)

Celine
02-12-2003, 12:45 AM
I think it would be totally awesome for a group of people to do all the color variations for a character... you know, five or whatever Zeldas or Peaches. I'd want to be a part of that! ^_^

Somebody did a Mr. Game and Watch! At Ohayocon, I think! It was really creative and interesting.

cyankirby
02-12-2003, 12:49 AM
I'd go for a group of characters in the different outfits! Unfortunatly, my plate this year is full with Roy + Bahamut for Otakon but maybe next year if anyone is interested.
I saw the Mr. Game +Watch. It was cool looking. It's a little hard to do a 2-d character...

Michi
02-12-2003, 12:56 AM
I'm gonna do Zelda~ and my little brother wants to be Young Link and Ness. I wanna be Marth but I could never do it anytime soon. ;_; Aaaand um yeah. Peach's SSBM dress is gorgeous but too detailed for me to try right now. x.x

Ehe. I'd love to do Sunshine Peach. Umbrella, ponytail... oh the fun.

cyankirby
02-12-2003, 02:29 AM
Zelda and Little Link...What a great pair!:) Peache's sunshine costume is perfect for the summer 'cause its cool and sleeveless. Otherwise it could get hot... But I think it's a good idea! I want to see the pictures when they're done!

Xanthix
02-14-2003, 03:52 PM
Speaking of Smash Bros, has anyone done a StarFox costume? I'd be curious if it would require a fur suit, a mask, or just some good makeup. Could be a cool costume though. Bonus points if your car cosplays as an Arwing.

Miroku
02-15-2003, 12:25 AM
Someone should get a group together as the wire frame fighters.

That would be cool

Dark Vision
02-15-2003, 03:52 AM
Wire frame fighters..... grrr. I might have to take out my aggressions off at one of them. I remember is insane mode where they're all tuff and you have to break your record on how many you know out. I think mine was 8 I think.

O well not as hard as the hand.

Starfox cosplay, hmmm too furry for my taste, and plus in the summer of AX, it'll kill me.

DJ(SiC)ness
02-16-2003, 01:20 PM
you know what, i don't think it would that great of a idea if someone cosplays the freakin hand.

Might get mixed up with the hamburger helper dude.

Chibi-Lisa
02-16-2003, 06:48 PM
Actually, if this is for a con, that I can get too, Can I call dibs on Sheik? ^^ (I'm not sure if I should call it Cross play =P)

cyankirby
02-16-2003, 06:54 PM
Well, this really isn't for a con, just kind of a "I'm curious" question since I haven't seen too many people cosplay as them. But in the future I think that would be a great idea! Have a big group pic..."Smile! and no fighting!"

cyankirby
02-16-2003, 06:58 PM
But if there is anyone going to Otakon as someone from smash bros. I'd like to get a picture with them! (I'll be dressed as Roy) I know it's a little early since the con isn't for quite a while but then again, it's never too early to start on a costume!

Chibi-Lisa
02-16-2003, 06:59 PM
LOL "Sooo happy together...." ^^

cyankirby
02-16-2003, 07:07 PM
Heeeee, that's right! :D

hotohori74
02-17-2003, 05:51 PM
Yes, I have seen cyan's Roy costume! A bunch of friends tried it on...*grins* It was quite the spectacle! :P
All of those Roys and Marths in a parade??? Hmmmm, they should do a smash tournament! Messy... but funny! I'll need more camera's this year!!:)

cyankirby
02-17-2003, 05:55 PM
Ooo, hotohori, nice avatar. He, he! And I just wanted to see what a guy would look like in it (although no one but me fits in it). I'd like to see a cute guy dress up as Roy or Marth... :heart:

TyJILDown
02-17-2003, 06:42 PM
Haha sorry but I'm a chick myself so I'll be a female Marth =P

Wouldn't mind having a good looking(single =P) Roy or Marth by my side either ^_~

cyankirby
02-17-2003, 06:49 PM
I'm sure that eventually there will be a guy dressed as Marth or Roy. It might be some time but I'm willing to wait! Actually I'd really just like to see anyone dressed as Marth or Roy since there's been none so far... :( TyJILDown, don't forget to post pictures when you're done!

Ohmi
02-19-2003, 05:19 AM
Well as some ppl know the Neko Twins and I did a Zelda group... And I always wanted a Gannondorf.. but it's hard to get some guy big enough and muscular enough to really make it convincing... and then the costume is also very complex @_@;; I have a friend who would make a decent Gannondorf but unfortunately no one has time to make him a costume ;_; blah.

Dark Vision
02-19-2003, 12:53 PM
I seen one marth already, not too great but a nice first attempt... can't remember which con though or where that pic is now though... but there are Roys and Marths out there. There's gonna be a guarenteed pair at AX. Then there's the guy with cosplay.com screen name Marth who should be doing .... Marth for that con too.

cyankirby
02-19-2003, 01:47 PM
Well since I can't go to AX :( please post pictures. If I can't see people in person then at least I can see pics of them! :) Any smash bros. cosplay people going to Otakon this year?

SynVanSiWes
02-19-2003, 11:04 PM
Let's see ... I'm going to make a Sheik costume, my b-friend is going to do a Samus costume, but from Metroid Prime, not ssbm. Another friend is wants to do White Marth. And we'll all be at Otakon. This is going to make for great group pictures.

cyankirby
02-19-2003, 11:15 PM
Yeah, I'll see you there!:wave: Maybe as the time gets closer we can agree to meet somewhere and have a mini photo shoot! Cool stuff..!:p If anyone else is going to Otakon, then we could all meet and get a bigger group together for the photo shoot! That would be so cool! :D

Marth
02-20-2003, 01:07 AM
Hey all! I'll be doing Marth for Comic Con... God willing... still have tons of work ahead of me!

PikminLink
02-24-2003, 11:29 AM
Ive already cosplayed as Link, I also made the green, red, and blue tunics.....i want to make the other ones too...(from SSBM).....

though...i also want to cosplay Marth................but i might just stay with link <\^_^/>

Chibi-Lisa
02-24-2003, 11:48 AM
God I saw pics of your costume, you are the best looking Linky ever ^^ (I looove Zelda, and playing them in Melee =D That's why I wanna be Sheik, that and she's a girl, Sooo I wouldn't exactly fit Link (hmm unless)).

PikminLink
02-24-2003, 12:02 PM
Chibi- Lisa...Thanks!!! Cool!! there arent that many Sheik cosplayers around, it be cool to see one.........be sure to post pictures up when your done! I wanted to do sheik also.....when i played Ocarina of time....i though sheik was a guy....but in supersmash bros melee..they say that shes a girl.......so im kind of wondering.................but...i guess ill stay with link, and his different colors of tunics........

oh but i am in the making of a "Fierce Diety Link" from majoras mask.......not really SSBM related but ill will be cool!!!!

<\^_^/>

Michi
02-24-2003, 12:27 PM
I would totally commend you if you did the other Link colors from SSBM, PikminLink. ^_^ I'm already really impressed with the three from OoT that you have! :D

I'm pretty sure Sheik's supposed to be a guy. o_o Probably just put the girl thing so some people wouldn't get freaked out at Zelda changing genders back and forth. ^^;

Bah, can't wait to do Princess Zelda. *_*

PikminLink
02-24-2003, 12:36 PM
Thanks!!!

Yeah ...i might have to agree with you on the Sheik thing......though I still think hes a GUY!......oh well.......

be sure to post picts of you as zelda!!
<\^_^/>

Michi
02-24-2003, 12:40 PM
Well if Sheik's a girl, she's incredibly flat chested and muscular. :X

Of course~ I just have to figure out how to work out all the armor.. plating.. stuff on her shoulders. *falls over*

PikminLink
02-24-2003, 12:50 PM
*about sheik* True you do have a good point there.......HA!!! That proves it then!!

Well i dont really have any idea on how to make her armor...but ill let you know if i find anything out ^^.

cool, i just noticed...you live in the bay area???? ME too!!! i live in Fairfield though...between Valejo, and Vacavile......

Michi
02-24-2003, 12:53 PM
Any tips would totally help ^^; I want to make Zelda as nice as I possibly could *_* I adore her design far too much. Thank goodness for SSBM trophies, mwaha!

Yup! Heh, I live at the top of Marin in Novato. :D

PikminLink
02-24-2003, 12:58 PM
Man....those SSBM trophies really show alot of detail!.....its a good thing too....it makes it easier to make outfits, especially on zelda apron thing......thats loaded with details......

Cool.......

Michi
02-24-2003, 01:00 PM
The designs on Zelda's dress apron thing are insane. But I will get it perfect! Darn it! Someday. Not to mention the swirly things on her armor shoulder plates.. gah~!

To keep on the topic of SSBMness... I'd love to see a group of all the colors of a character.. like, Luigi... and the pink one.. *falls over*

PikminLink
02-24-2003, 01:09 PM
i wish i could see a full complete SSBM group........

yeah pink luigi....pink samus.......pink fox...*_*

Michi
02-24-2003, 01:11 PM
My friends and I have a horrible joke about Pink Luigi being Christopher Lowell.. I mean with the L on his hat and everything. *COUGH*

Someone needs to do Peach's SSBM design~ It's so gorgeous, with all the extra details! I wish I could make something that pretty. ^^ I don't remember if anyone in the thread said they were going to, but darnit someone must!

PikminLink
02-24-2003, 01:14 PM
-_-''

I like that peach outfit better than ......her normal one.....its more detailed and fancy....and princess like.......her original outfit is very...plain...and ...um.. boring......but i havent seen anyone make her ssbm outfit yet..........

Michi
02-24-2003, 01:16 PM
I love the lace around the bottom of it and everything~ the bows on the sleeves.. *siiiiigh* Someone needs to be Daisy, too. Haha. "Yellow Peach".

[edit] Yay! I did a search. Not a bad start. :D http://cosplaylab.com/cosplayers/costumes/detail.asp?costumeid=8435

PikminLink
02-24-2003, 01:19 PM
hehehe.......somehow the outfit looks good in pink...i dont like the color pink.....but it looks good on peach...

Michi
02-24-2003, 01:20 PM
And Zelda! Pink looks good on Zelda. ^_~

PikminLink
02-24-2003, 01:22 PM
yeah that too, i also like the light blue outfit zelda has.....it looks more royalty ...or... i cant get the word.......well something like that

Michi
02-24-2003, 01:24 PM
Regal? ^_^ Her blue one almost looks.. mysterious and dark. Like if Sheik got to be a princess. *blink* wait. erk. head hurt. x_X;

PikminLink
02-24-2003, 01:26 PM
well.....i dont really like that dark blue one she has.......the lighter one is ...........................grrrrr....cant find a good word for that...um royal??....elegant??.....grrrrrrrrrrrrr <\*.*/>

Michi
02-24-2003, 01:33 PM
Regal? Noble? Dignified? Majestic? XD ....Snazzy? XDDD

PikminLink
02-24-2003, 04:43 PM
Noble......probably that

Lynzie
02-24-2003, 04:57 PM
LOL, you guys are funny. ^_^

From what I understood from Ocarina of Time, Shiek is Zelda. Therefore Shiek is a girl. :P Whether or not I want to believe that is irrelevant. XD Sheik can't possibly be a girl! But that's what they want you to believe, so...

Anyway, I'm definitely making a Peach costume for AX, but I still can't decide which one. :P I'm leaning toward Sunshine Peach, but maybe if I decide I really like cosplaying as Peach I'll make her Smash Bros. costume. Hm...

Michi
02-24-2003, 05:00 PM
Zelda has Ranma 1/2 syndrome.... *pours cold water on Sheik, makes Zelda* Wahaa!

I would give you 50 awesome points for doing SSBM Peach, Lynzie. XD Then I will steal it from you. >_> I wanna do Sunshine Peach, but.. dammit.. too many other ideas are totally getting in the way. Phooey! If you do it you have to be all dazed, too. "Mama.. I'm your... mama?" and "Mario? *-*" X.x

Chibi-Lisa
02-24-2003, 05:39 PM
o_O;;;
Um, does that mean I shouldn't do Sheik?

Michi
02-24-2003, 06:12 PM
It's not like girls can't do Sheik. ^^; S/he's got that emblem covering the chest anyway... yeah. Do you have qualms with a possible crossplay? :F

cyankirby
02-24-2003, 06:26 PM
Oooo, PikminLink don't forget to post pics of your Fierce Deity Link when you finish it! That will be sooo cool! And I love your Links, very detailed! :bigtu:
I'm trying to get a group of different colored yoshis together for another year but it might take a while... I'd like to get some Roys together but no one else wants to go as Roy in my group so I'm stuck.
And yes as Zelda is a girl, Sheik is also a girl. The question was in this months Nintendo Power. She dresses to make herself LOOK like a guy but that's it.

Lynzie
02-24-2003, 08:55 PM
LOL, Michi, you'll be at AX this year, right? :P You can borrow whichever costume I decide to make, how's that? ^_^ I really shouldn't even be thinking about AX costumes right now... I need to finish Misha and Milfeulle before I worry about the rest of it. :x

TyJILDown
02-24-2003, 09:54 PM
I'm looking forward to seeing the Fierce Deity Link you have in the works PikminLink!

Really is cool to see all the SSBM cosplays planned, can't wait to see them all ^_^

PikminLink
02-24-2003, 11:21 PM
Well thanks!!!!! Though the Fierce Deity Link wont be done until the summer........i got classes and they are eating up my time!! But it will be done by the summer....or maybe before......but i will just have to see.......................its not really SSBM related but hey..its cool

<\^_^/>

ohhh CyanKirby.......that bowser pic is cool!!! (your avatar) ^^

Yes i agree with Michi......
......sheik is like Ranma!!!!

thats soo funny ^-^ ..................
haahahaa

cyankirby
02-24-2003, 11:59 PM
Thanks for the compliment! College takes up a lot of my time too. I haven't had much time to work on either although one is 85% finished. But I am looking forward to seeing your pictures so put them up as soon as you can! If you're going to any cons in my area, look for me!

PikminLink
02-25-2003, 12:30 AM
I basically have everything for it,....i just need to make it.....I will upload them as soon as i get done.......well i dont know if ill be able to attend any out of state cons......but ill try...

If i ever go to a con, youll know who to look for!

cyankirby
02-25-2003, 12:46 AM
Ok, I'll look for a well done Link! Or Fierce Deity Link...

PikminLink
02-25-2003, 02:59 PM
<\^_^/>

we'll see which one it is.....but if i get it done, then i wont tell nobody which one i will have on........its going to be a seeeeeeecret ...........^^

Michi
02-25-2003, 03:19 PM
Lynzie -- Haha, really? XD I'll definately be at AX. ^_^ Augh, AX is closer for me than I keep thinking it is.. I need to start on costumes. T_T Bah!

cyankirby -- I was planning a Yoshi's Story group for AX this year, but it didn't work out.. We were gonna have at least a Green & Blue Yoshi. I'd love to see a full group of them. ^___^ That would be awesome.

Lynzie
02-25-2003, 05:01 PM
Whee! Borrowing costumes is fun. <3 :P My costumes would probably be too big for you, though... oh well. :x That makes it all the more fun!

Michi
02-25-2003, 05:18 PM
Yes it does~ I thrive on borrowing costumes, because it's far too much fun sometimes. Especially when I switch with friends and we run around being dorks in each other costumes and whee I'm rambling. ^_^;
You're welcome to any of mine, even though I dunno if any of them would be appealing. :P *notes to bug you on AIM sometime, do do do, adds*

SailorAndromeda
02-25-2003, 08:26 PM
Zelda uses 'magic' to transform into Sheik. So yes, it's a girl, but it looks like a guy. Princess Ruto called Sheik a guy in OoT.
And I've done Zelda, my hubby's done Goron tunic Link, and my daughter was Young Zelda. Brian, my hubby, is considering the Zora Tunic, and at Katsu we talked with a coupld people about a Smash Bros group for Otakon.
I would love to do Peach, either from SSBM or Sunshine. I thought about doing them when I first played both the games ^^
I would also like to do a green Zelda version from SSBM. I already have the armor things, lol
Oh, and there was a male Roy last year at Otakon:
http://www.sailorandromeda.com/Cosplay/12Ot02.jpg
I only got a pic of him from the back though >_<

Michi
02-25-2003, 08:34 PM
I would love to do Marth... and paint that huge design on the back... *-*

SSBM group for Otakon? :D I could wear Zelda, since it'll be done by then. ^^

[edit] Uwaa, I really like your Zelda armor. I notice it's detached; were you able to move your arms up? ^_^; I may have to bug you for tips when I start mine. *^^*;

cyankirby
02-25-2003, 09:08 PM
SailorAndromeda, (and anyone else who's going) if your going as a SSBM character let me know. I want to get a picture with you! If a bigger group is going, maybe we could set a time and get a group photo.

KnuxieChan
02-25-2003, 09:30 PM
Ohmi: I wanna do Gannondorf.. but I'd be like.. a really small girl version XD Either that or a humaniod MewTwo ^^ That'd be cool..

cyankirby
02-25-2003, 09:38 PM
Yeah, that would be cool! I don't think that there have been any Mewtwos yet. But good luck if you do either of them!

SailorAndromeda
02-25-2003, 10:19 PM
Michi- You mean me and my armor? Thankies ^^
Yes, it was detachable, and I could move my arms fairly well. It just takes a beating though, since people can be , erm, rude in hallways *gets walked into, lol*

Cyankirby- we loved your Bowser last year! it rocked ^^
We'll definitely let you know. At the very least, Brian will be Link of some color, lol

cyankirby
02-25-2003, 10:38 PM
Thanks! It was a pain to transport it to the con though...But it paid off in the end! But yeah, let me know when you find out.

TrustTheFungus
02-25-2003, 11:38 PM
I'm the Mr. Game & Watch that was at Ohayocon.

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=18511&papass=&sort=4&thecat=573 <----that's me!

I'll probably wear Mr G&W to a bunch more cons and I'\/e been thinking of doing other SSBM costumes, including Marth, but he doesn't seem as creati\/e anymore now that 50 million other people are saying they want to go as him... 0_o I wish I was fatter so I could go as Mario, but if I wasn't skinny as a twig Mr. G&W wouldn't look as good. I could probably do a good Luigi, but I hate him, so I won't. I'll probably make a Marth costume sometime anyway. He looks just so darn cool!

Michi
02-25-2003, 11:55 PM
Major props for doing Mr. Game & Watch. ^_^

Andromeda ~ Yes, your armor! ^^ Eee I think I might try to design my own that way... Somehow. o_o

SailorAndromeda
02-26-2003, 10:08 AM
Michi- you can look on my site, I think I said what I made it out of. If not, feel free to PM me ^^

Dark Vision
02-26-2003, 01:21 PM
Mr. Game and Watch... HOW COOOLLL!!!!

I add my major props to your major prop. Its a nice design. A nintendo gathering would be nice. But it should be away from the major gatherings.

PikminLink
02-26-2003, 04:52 PM
game and watch!!!!! soo cool!!!!!!!

Oshi
02-26-2003, 04:59 PM
<-- doing Roy in the near future...

Michi
02-26-2003, 06:15 PM
I think you'd make a good Roy, Oshi. ^^ It fits you. Near future = ? :P

Ohmi
02-26-2003, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by Shippo87
Ohmi: I wanna do Gannondorf.. but I'd be like.. a really small girl version XD Either that or a humaniod MewTwo ^^ That'd be cool..

Hehehe girl Gannon that could be cute ^o^!

Michi
02-26-2003, 08:11 PM
Eep, I forgot to add ~ Andromeda, I'll probably most definately be PMing you in the near future regarding Zelda. ^_^;;

There was a humanoid...ish.. Mewtwo on CosplayLab. It was interesting, to say the least.

cyankirby
02-26-2003, 10:15 PM
Great Mr. G+W! That's so cool! Now all you have to do is to make yourself 2-D!
Hmm, that's a toughie...

TyJILDown
02-27-2003, 02:43 AM
Oshi is gonna be mah Roy when I do Marth at BAAF I hope some of you other SSB:M cosplayers will be there as well...of course, we'll be wearing that to other cons too considering how much time I plan on spending on the darn costume. *_*

Gotta wait till this weather gets nicer to work on the sword outside...I've had the thing sketched out on wood for months >_<

Michi
02-27-2003, 02:59 AM
So you're doing superdetailed SSBM Marth versus Fire Emblem Marth? :D That'd be something to see. I can't wait. ^_^!! Take lotsa pictures! I'd go to BAAF if I could.. going to Otakon at least..

SailorAndromeda
02-27-2003, 09:51 AM
my brother wants to be Ganondorf, but I don't know if he'll get to Otakon. Plus, I think he'd need me to make it >_<
He is tall, though he'd need to have a more muscley build, lol

PikminLink
02-27-2003, 04:01 PM
i would like to do marth....but im not sure....time is not my best friend.....*my classes arent either* ......

KnuxieChan
02-27-2003, 05:20 PM
Michi: I saw that.. ^^; I'd try for a natural look.

Omhi: Mwee! Thank you n.n

Trust: OMG! I saw you up at Ohayocon! I was the Shippou (in the morning) on Friday ^^

Michi
02-27-2003, 10:08 PM
Marth is one of those costumes that would be a long term project... Well, the Smash version at least, because of the /excessive/ detail. Especially if you were going for ultimate accuracy. ^_^;

I love Marth but.. I think I'd have to settle for his calmer FE version if I ever did it.. ^^;

Shippo ~ I'd love to see that. XD I'm doing Nyaasu/Meowth as a catgirl sometime hopefully this year. :D

Neko Cathy
02-27-2003, 11:40 PM
<<Speaking of Smash Bros, has anyone done a StarFox costume?>>
I saw a Falco cosplayer at Katsucon. :)

<<Well if Sheik's a girl, she's incredibly flat chested and muscular. :X>>
Armor plates and steroids to the trick. Then again... like al elves, Zelda has a couple of magic spells and part of the power of the triforce up her sleeve. ;)[/b][/color]

<<Zelda uses 'magic' to transform into Sheik. So yes, it's a girl, but it looks like a guy. Princess Ruto called Sheik a guy in OoT.>>
LoL! I thought I was the only person who noticed that.. wow!

<<I'm the Mr. Game & Watch that was at Ohayocon.>>
Dude, you rock! Mr. Game & Watch is the shit in SSBM. :D

I thought about being one of the ice climber guys, but that's a future project for next year to consider. If anyone's going as Ness... I might be your Paula. One of my friends has a baby doll like pink dress that looks very close enough to belong to the simple minded PSI girl.

Chibi-Lisa
02-28-2003, 11:29 AM
LOL This is SOOOMME Arguement about Sheik, maybe I should have not brought it up ^^;;;

Hmm, What guy anyway would wear Purple, Oh yah, Captain Falcon (::Snickers:: Heh :p)

Lynzie
02-28-2003, 02:51 PM
LOL. Captain Falcon cracks me up. But really, isn't pink a little more feminine than purple? I mean, Luigi's pink outfit... ROFL, I really think I shoudl cosplay THAT someday. XD

TrustTheFungus
02-28-2003, 03:26 PM
"Great Mr. G+W! That's so cool! Now all you have to do is to make yourself 2-D!
Hmm, that's a toughie..."
I was going to try to stay up against the wall and walk side-ways, to seem less 3D, but they had so many darn plants in that hotel!
cyankirby, you were the Bowser at the last Otakon, right? If so, that was an awesome costume!

Thanks e\/eryone who complimented my costume. I hope I can make another costume someday as popular as this one.

EDIT:YAHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! I rule! Reply #100! *dances*

Chibi-Lisa
02-28-2003, 05:31 PM
LOL Lynzie!!! Yah!! Falcon does have a Pink suit. LOL I love making fun of him ^^ (No offense)

KnuxieChan
02-28-2003, 09:38 PM
<<Well if Sheik's a girl, she's incredibly flat chested and muscular. :X>>

XD some girls are flat chested, like me.

Michi
02-28-2003, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by Shippo87
XD some girls are flat chested, like me.

^^; Yeah, but.. it's like.. completely just MUSCLE. X_x Which I guess happens when girls work out a lot.. like the ones on those bodybuilder shows where they look like they'll explode and are really tan and wear nothing but those really small swimsuits.. o_o

...Wow I dunno where I was going off with that. :thumbsup:

Chibi-Lisa
02-28-2003, 10:18 PM
Hm, I bet I can prove the hard chested girl in desguise, I'll need to collect the materials, but once I do, I'm gonna make Sehiks Costume =P

SailorAndromeda
03-01-2003, 10:45 AM
Michi- A Meeowth catgirl? I had that idea like, two years ago, but my stinky husband wouldn't let me do it. So I don't know if it will ever get done >_<
I'd love to see your idea though! I bet it will be cute ^^

beameabug
03-14-2003, 07:38 PM
My friends and I are planning to do a Smash bros. cosplay, we have currently, young link, peach, dr. mario, marth, and im doing samus. though we might have a few more, im not sure, we plan to show up at anime expo this year. it will be my first con. :) i cant wait :bouncer:

Sana-chan
03-14-2003, 07:51 PM
Oh wow I've never seen anyone do Samus. I'll definately keep an eye out for you at AX for a photo XD

I wanna do blue version Zelda, but I dunno if I have the time --;

Michi
03-14-2003, 10:52 PM
Sana-chan, which blue? ^^ The dark one? I wanna do the lightblue/periwinkle one someday. *-*

Sana-chan
03-15-2003, 01:16 AM
Yeaaaah the dark blue one ^_^. That'd be so awesome if you did the periwinkle one! It's really pretty. I dunno why, but I like all of Zelda's other colors rather then her regular pink. So I look forward to seeing others cosplay the different colors.

Michi
03-15-2003, 05:21 AM
Hee ^^ I'm doing the regular pink one first, but when I do the periwinkle one we'll have to get photos together. ^___^

Sana-chan
03-15-2003, 11:28 AM
Ooo I'd love to take pics with you! That'd be very awesome XD

cyankirby
03-15-2003, 05:56 PM
Yes, put up pictures when you're finished! I think that a picture of the two Zeldas would be cute!

SailorAndromeda
04-05-2003, 11:50 AM
Michi- will you be at Otakon? I know you're on the west coast, so it might not be a possibility, but I thought I'd ask. I plan to do a green Zelda, cause I love Zelda and Green, so why not? hehe
And yes, take lots of pics~ Pics gooood....

Michi
04-05-2003, 01:40 PM
I'll be at Otakon~ But I dunno if I'd have Zelda. ^^; I put it off for money issues, and I'm doing Malon for now.. But hey, Otakon's not til August... *scratches head* I wonderrrrr. :3

SailorAndromeda
04-05-2003, 02:07 PM
lol..durrr....I realized after this thread, that yes, you will be at Otakon, cause you're in the FF9 group! lol
Hey, Malon's cool, we're hoping to dress Libby (my daughter) up as young Malon. And I'm doing a costume from OoT as well, but it's a secret, Bwa Ha Ha. *ahem* anyway...I hope to make green Zelda for then too, but we'll see. Money's an issue, as always, hehe ^^

Michi
04-05-2003, 02:27 PM
Ahhh yay young Malon! ^_^ Yeah, I can't afford Zelda in time so I chose Malon to still match with my Link. ^^ But that's just for the end of the month. Who knows what I can do by August..? o.o

I want to cosplay everyone from Ocarina. Someday. :P

Hehehe yes. FF9 group. ^.~

Ginger Catgirl
04-05-2003, 03:32 PM
So how many people are going to Otakon? I was actually doing a Super Smash Bros. Jigglypuff for karaoke (I just like the red bow in her hair) so if a bunch of people are getting together I'd love to be a part of it.

Chibi-Lisa
04-05-2003, 07:11 PM
That's super Kawaii!! Dressing like Jiggly Puff and singing... ^^ I hope to see yah there!!

PikminLink
04-05-2003, 08:36 PM
....um...where is otakon going to be at??.......^_^; hehe im so lost

SailorAndromeda
04-05-2003, 08:43 PM
*sings* Jigg-ily puff, jiggalee-y-eepuff... lol Cute!
PikminLink- it's in Baltimore ^^ in August

cyankirby
04-05-2003, 11:08 PM
You guys are going to have a shoot? Bummer. :blubber: Too bad it wasn't last year. I'd bring Bowser but I'm bringing one big costume already and I have to limit the amount of stuff I bring because I'm traveling by train... But I'd love to get pictures! :)

Ginger Catgirl
04-06-2003, 09:42 AM
=^..^= thankies

Michi
04-06-2003, 12:47 PM
Is there gonna be a shoot at Otakon? ^^;; Haha I dunno if I can do that, now that I think of it... I need to try and afford Otakon first. XD;

SailorAndromeda
04-06-2003, 01:42 PM
a shoot? I dunno yet, maybe? If there's enough interest, my hubby and I will most certainly jump in, as long as it doesn't interefere with something else, lol.
Yeah, there should have been one last year, but no one was that organized yet, lol.

cyankirby
04-06-2003, 10:26 PM
Wait a sec, I'm going as Roy who is a character from SSBM. :dunce: Duhh. I totally forgot since I've been spending so much time on my other costume sooooo I would love to be in the shoot! But I still want pics of everyone. If I post a thread about it in the Otakon section, would people respond?

Ginger Catgirl
04-07-2003, 01:23 PM
I would =^..^= and I think other people would too.

SailorAndromeda
04-07-2003, 04:48 PM
Yes, posting in the Otakon section sounds good ^^ hehe
Yay for SSBM cosplay!

Michi
04-07-2003, 05:23 PM
Uwaa I wish I could do something SSBM for Ota. ;-;

HuongStar
04-07-2003, 05:29 PM
My sister and I were talking about this cosplay the other day! :D She wants to do alternate color Link & Zelda cosplay from SSBM.

cyankirby
04-07-2003, 08:08 PM
Ok, I posted a new thread in the Otakon section so if you can make it then please post on it! :D

Michi, You can always get photos:)...even if you can't be in the shoot.:(

HuongStar, what outfit (colorwise) are you two planning on going as? The different colored outfits are great since people rarely make them (and they are so cool looking!)

Michi
04-07-2003, 09:06 PM
Oh, I'll certainly take photos.. if I remember a camera. ^^ But arrrr, I love SSBM and don't have time to join! :P Well, maybe. Depends on my money. If I have money, I'll do Zelda or periwinkle Zelda or something, I guess. I bet you'll all look great though. ^______^ Can't wait to see the SSBM love.

HuongStar
04-08-2003, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by cyankirby
HuongStar, what outfit (colorwise) are you two planning on going as? The different colored outfits are great since people rarely make them (and they are so cool looking!) I was debating between green or periwinkle Zelda and my sister was leaning towards the blue Link. :D

SailorAndromeda
04-08-2003, 03:02 PM
Wai!! Twinkle~!
Are you going to Otakon? Or haven't you decided yet...
I'm planning on doing the green Zelda, but don't let that deter you ^^
I miss seeing you online though ;_;

TyJILDown
04-08-2003, 06:54 PM
Wish I could have Marth done by then but I think I won't have it done till a few weeks after for BAAF ;_;

Michi
04-08-2003, 07:03 PM
Twinkle, you should do blue Zelda to match. :P Heee, I wanna do periwinkle Zelda. So purdy.

Ginger Catgirl
04-09-2003, 11:41 AM
Fwee! How many people are going to the East Coast cosplay.com picnic? I'll be there with Jigglypuff!!! Fweeeeee!!!!!!!

HuongStar
04-09-2003, 11:52 AM
I wish I could go to Otakon! If tickets were cheaper and if I had a place to stay, I would consider attending again. :)

cyankirby
04-10-2003, 12:02 AM
Where is the East coast shoot?

EDIT: Sorry. Yes, I meant the picnic. Thanks for letting me know where to find the thread. It's a little far for me though...

Jacques Strapp
04-10-2003, 12:03 AM
Dude, Marth rocks. I pound my friends into the ground with him and roy. They're just like " I HATE those sword-wielders!"

cyankirby
04-10-2003, 12:09 AM
Yeah, they are pretty cool, altough I tend to lean towards Roy... :love:

Michi
04-10-2003, 12:10 AM
cyankirby -- You mean the picnic? There's a thread about it in General Chat.

SailorAndromeda
04-10-2003, 03:19 PM
Twinkle- *sniffle* I'd say you could stay with us, but there's only floor space left, and my parents are staying with us so, probably not ^^
But I wish you could go! ;_;

Ginger Catgirl
04-10-2003, 04:03 PM
Waaaaahhhh!!!! I can't go to the picnic!!!!!! Choir and Orchestra (I'm in both =^..^=) is taking a trip to Boston that weekend and I already paid $350 for it!!!!! But it should be fun too.... just..... *cries* waah.

cyankirby
04-10-2003, 11:04 PM
Bummer. :( But hey, join the club. I wish they had one closer to Mass. Then I would consider going.

SailorAndromeda
04-13-2003, 12:58 PM
My home is close to Philly, but I don't think I'll be home that weekend. I'm kinda bummed, though my hubby was like "...let's go home anyway" haha...
Oh well, maybe next time

Saiban
04-13-2003, 01:40 PM
About Anime Boston....
Does anyone think there will be any SuperSmash battles goin on?
I'd really like to see how I'd measure up against other people
that werent in my college/town/or within a 2 mile radius. I need to unleash my mad skillz on everyone with FOX :D

cyankirby
04-13-2003, 06:10 PM
You could check the web site. Usually any tournaments that are going on (or games that will be in the gameing room) are listed on a con's website. :)

Saiban
04-14-2003, 01:06 AM
I found it, and yes they are having one :D :D
It's time for me to wreck everyone and their mom!!
Check the AnimeBoston board for a fun challenge :D

cyankirby
04-14-2003, 01:08 AM
Unfortunatly, I'm not going to the con. Besides I'm not very good at SSMB anyway...

Saiban
04-14-2003, 01:13 AM
Thats okay, I am just excited to play against other people.
I hope someone puts up a well enough fight. Don't under estimate my skillz!

cyankirby
04-14-2003, 01:15 AM
I'm sure you'll find plenty of people to fight against...

rovalles
04-21-2003, 08:55 AM
I am choosing between Roy, Marth, and probably Shiek. But its for Otacon 03

cyankirby
04-21-2003, 04:51 PM
We're having a mini SSMB shoot at Otakon if you'd like to come rovalles! :D I'm going as Roy and we still need a Marth!

rovalles
04-22-2003, 01:40 PM
If i can make it, sure? I'm trying to convince my girl to go as Zelda though.

OmniLink
05-01-2003, 11:40 PM
I'm going to attempt to pull off making a Link costume, completely from planning to finish in about only two weeks for Anime North.

Finally done exams and everything, so aside from some work and summer classes I should be able to get it done if I put almost all my free time into it. And I seem to do everything last minute so I somehow think this crazy scheme will work. ^^;

My brother's doing the sword and shield so that isn't as much of a problem. But I have little cosplay experience besides a few half-assed costumes. So does anyone have any advice to offer for how to make certain parts of the costume? As in what's the best way to go about his gloves and boot covers or anything else? Anything anyone has to say at all I'm sure will prove very useful.

PikminLink
05-04-2003, 05:21 PM
wish i could go to the ssbm shoot....i would go as marth....but dont have time to make outfit just yet....im working on oni link at the moment

cyankirby
05-04-2003, 05:25 PM
If you have that done then you're welcome to come. We seem to have a shortage of people anyway... The thread is in that Otakon section. :)

PikminLink
05-04-2003, 05:31 PM
yeah....but i doubt that ill be able to go to otakon ;_;

cyankirby
05-04-2003, 05:35 PM
Bummer... :(

PikminLink
05-04-2003, 05:38 PM
yeah..i know

cyankirby
05-04-2003, 05:40 PM
Well, take lots of pictures of your costume at whatever con you do go to and post them so I can see them, ok? :)

PikminLink
05-04-2003, 05:45 PM
Oh dont worry^^ ill post them....im going to post picture of my oni link outfit...in about 1 week form now.....i have a few more things to make.....but...yeah...i was going to go to fanime...but i cant....so yeah....ill let you know^_^

cyankirby
05-04-2003, 05:51 PM
What cons are you going to?
Hey, you should make a zora link! I think that that would be pretty cool! (looking at the picture of the figures in your gallery reminded me!)

PikminLink
05-04-2003, 05:57 PM
well..i was planning for fanime...and recca con....and yaoi con this year....but had some things going on here....and im not allowed to attend anycons this year (i didnt do anything)....just things came up....but ill be attending alot of cons next year.......

fanime was actually going to be my FIRST con......so i was happy...but yeah..

zora link huh?.....ill think about it.....i would...but how am i going to make that *zora* head........*thinks*......well.......ill think about it..^^

PikminLink
05-05-2003, 02:58 AM
...O.o double post.......

cyankirby:....i posted one pic of oni link...but its only his black undershirt, wig, hat, and the face paint i just got^^...yeah..not much....i cant wait to finish the whole thing^__^

cyankirby
05-05-2003, 04:24 PM
Looks really good! Good luck on the rest of it! :D

PikminLink
05-05-2003, 04:52 PM
yeah....good luck...thats just what i need...oh well....the next pic that ill upload will be the whole thing......i might not have the sword done though...but ill see.....thanks for the comment though^___^

SynVanSiWes
05-07-2003, 01:23 PM
Oooh, Oni link... sexy. I can't wait to see that costume finished. My friends and I refer to him as Bishonen Link. Although my friend Beth played through Ocarina of time to see Link of legal age.

My boyfriend wants to do lobster shirt Link from the begining of Wind Waker. I'm all for it, seeing as how I've got a Medli costume now.

Sorry you can't make Otakon PikminLink. Hope to see you at a con sometime. I love all the pictures of your Link costumes that I've seen.

cyankirby
05-07-2003, 02:40 PM
Lobster shirt Link rules! Yum, lobster... Anyway, that should turn out pretty cool! You're going to have to make one big nose for the Medli costume! I noticed you're in NY. Are you going to BAAF?

PikminLink
05-07-2003, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by SynVanSiWes
Oooh, Oni link... sexy. I can't wait to see that costume finished. My friends and I refer to him as Bishonen Link. Although my friend Beth played through Ocarina of time to see Link of legal age.

My boyfriend wants to do lobster shirt Link from the begining of Wind Waker. I'm all for it, seeing as how I've got a Medli costume now.

Sorry you can't make Otakon PikminLink. Hope to see you at a con sometime. I love all the pictures of your Link costumes that I've seen.

hehe...yeah...if i would go to a con....i think im going to wear oni link....link will be for another one......haven seen any oni link cosplayers yet...i hope i can get it done by the weekend^^

i want to see your medli outfit......hehe..lobster shirt...thats cool.....i should make one and wear it to school^_~

Michi
05-07-2003, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by PikminLink
hehe..lobster shirt...thats cool.....i should make one and wear it to school^_~

Yes, yes you should. :p I want to see it. XD

Originally posted by SynVanSiWes
I'm all for it, seeing as how I've got a Medli costume now.

Really? *-*!! Do you have pictures? ^^!! I'm thinking of doing Medli this year..

Sari
05-08-2003, 01:24 AM
*joins in*
There is going to be SSBM cosplay at Otakon? Ah...Awesome :D
I've been working on a SSBM color scheme Zelda for...almost a year now x_x; Someday I will get it done though~
I'm also trying to get my friend to be Ness XD

PikminLink
05-08-2003, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by Sari

I've been working on a SSBM color scheme Zelda for...almost a year now x_x; Someday I will get it done though~

really?!...thats cool^^ ......post pics when you finish them ^__^

SynVanSiWes
05-12-2003, 01:28 PM
Hmm, I figured out how to use the gallery, so here's my Medli pics.

http://images.cosplay.com/showgallery.php?ppuser=3656&cat=500&thumb=1

The wig was a mess the whole con, I'm seeing what I can do about conditioning it now. And since I didn't get any pics of the lyre at the con, I've got a pic of it on my bedroom wall. And yes, I finally got to a point in the game where it gave me a real good look at her wings, and they are tipped with black, so I have to alter that. There's a couple more curls of gold at the bottom of her tabard too. I always notice little details like that after the fact... I hope to have the costume polished by Otakon. And I deliberately took artistic liscence with her feet because I found cute socks at K-mart. I painted the shoes to match them.

And no, I'm not planning on going to BAAF. I don't really want to drive to the city. :P I was trying to convince a friend that we should go to Conneticon though.

Ginger Catgirl
05-12-2003, 03:48 PM
Ok, lets see if I got this straight. Sorry I haven't replied in like AGES but I was on vacation and then I got swamped with homework.... At any rate....

So this is for Otakon, and am I or am I not making banners for people? Also can someone post a list of who's being what?

BTW, this is Jigglypuff speaking.... with a pocket translator... Jiggly! PUFF PUFF PUFF!!! Jigglypuff.... rrrrr.... *takes out star wand and zings translator* Jiggly!

Michi
05-12-2003, 05:58 PM
Yaaaay Medli. ^_^! Good job! I'm still deciding if I wanna cosplay her or not. o_x; I have so many other Zelda ideas. ^^;

Ginger Catgirl, are you talking about the SSBM group at Otakon? There's already another thread for it in Otakon's forum, I believe. This thread is just general SSBM/Nintendo cosplay talk.

Ginger Catgirl
05-12-2003, 11:57 PM
ah okie just wondering.... been out for so long.... *makes face at self*

PikminLink
05-19-2003, 12:00 AM
cyan kirby:.....i uploaded my first pic of my finished oni link^^...it took along time to make...

SynVanSiWes
05-19-2003, 04:23 PM
The costume looks amazing. Geeze, I really don't know what else to say, but keep up the great work.

Michi
05-19-2003, 08:23 PM
*sniff* I am so proud of Link *-* After hearing about how much progress was done and about shifting deadlines, it's SO great to see finished work. *tugtug* More photos! XD

Oshi
05-19-2003, 08:54 PM
Mmm. I'm wondering if I should push Roy ahead and make him for Otakon...

Michi
05-19-2003, 09:18 PM
If it's something you'd be able to make in less time, go for it. :p

PikminLink
05-21-2003, 10:06 PM
...roy?...that would be cool...i agree with michi^^

Jowy
05-22-2003, 01:35 PM
Any of you Smash cosplayers going to BAAF? I would like pictures. =)

Michi
05-22-2003, 01:49 PM
Actually, there's already a rather large SSBM group gathering for BAAF... http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9225 ^_^ So you're in luck~ ^^

RyanW
05-23-2003, 02:30 AM
Well, my girlfriend and I (Limebarb.com) did a Link and Peach based on Smash Brothers.... We might go to Otakon. I'll try my best to have some pictures up when we get the cosplay.com photoshoot up. Probably in a few weeks.

Here's a link to a picture of our peach.

http://www.mrstacey.com/acen/dscf7335.htm
http://www.mrstacey.com/acen/dscf7334.htm

Here's a link to a picture of our Link, but unfortunately the guy caught me on my way to the car, so I don't have my massive hylian shield or master sword with me. That, and the fact that I'm covered in a massive shadow, which makes my tunic look way darker than it is. AND the fact that I was ON MY WAY to the car to get my RAZOR, because I'm like the Hairy Link or something :\

http://www.mrstacey.com/acen/dscf7403.htm

EDIT: By the way, We might be done with Oni Link in time for Otakon. It depends on how quickly we can cast the body armor and machine the helix sword. Once we're finished though, it should be awesome. I tell you what, I'm gonna have to hit the gym for a couple of months before I can pull THAT off. ^_^

Isaldur
05-23-2003, 05:34 AM
Originally posted by cyankirby
Cool stuff! :) A ganondorf would be awesome! I've never seen anyone go as him and he's pretty important (evil but important) in the game. And I don't think it's odd, in fact it's pretty cool. He gets overlooked a lot in cosplay...
Marth is so cute! I love his and Roy's outfit. In fact, if your Marth costume is going to debut in August and you're going to Otakon, maybe we'll meet. I'm going as Roy! Anybody else?

It's also because to imitate him would take an AWFUL LOT OF WORK.

Already thought about it... not doing it.

Isaldur
05-23-2003, 05:36 AM
Hhahahahah I just realized I dropped into a thread of 823467823946234 posts....

Whoa.

Hey uh while you're at the long list of link fakers (yeah that's what I like to call that), count me in!

I at least wanna do it once lool..

No more things to say. (I have a feeling I'm going to get this scary amount of response emails tommorow anyway w00t!)

Isaldur
05-23-2003, 05:39 AM
Originally posted by Chibi-Lisa
God I saw pics of your costume, you are the best looking Linky ever ^^ (I looove Zelda, and playing them in Melee =D That's why I wanna be Sheik, that and she's a girl, Sooo I wouldn't exactly fit Link (hmm unless)).

He needs to get a life too ....

Nah that'd suck.

Geez. Geez. Geez. :drink: :woah: :omfg:

Isaldur
05-23-2003, 05:40 AM
Actually I might try to play my friend's 'made up' char....

I'll talk about that later.. I have to OK it with him first LOL

Oshi
05-23-2003, 08:48 AM
Originally posted by Jowy
Any of you Smash cosplayers going to BAAF? I would like pictures. =) Yes! That's what I organized a group for. Uh... there is a thread for it... one sec....

http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9225

Isaldur
05-23-2003, 12:29 PM
:) Looks like someone's going to have fun.. in fact a few peeps.

I'll pass. The last thing I can do at the moment is run accross the country looking for anime expos ;)

Michi
05-23-2003, 05:29 PM
Isaldur, please don't post four times in a row like that. You can post to multiple people in the same post, and you can edit posts if you think up something a couple of minutes after you posted it already.

Isaldur
05-23-2003, 06:24 PM
sorry bout that just multiple ideas and all.

That won't happen again ;)

RyanW
05-24-2003, 03:20 AM
Oh hey, I just noticed that Medli. That's a cute Medli. I think I'm a little large to do Wind Waker Link, otherwise I'd really jump at the chance. I hope someone does him justice so that they can throw you around.

My personal favorite was launching her into stone pillars. >)

Isaldur
05-24-2003, 03:23 AM
I thought I said something about WWli's ssize being a huuuge problem..

someone did do it tho...

RyanW
05-24-2003, 11:48 PM
There was a little kid at ACen who did a really cute wind-waker Link. We got a lot of shots together, I'll share them when they come in.

Isaldur
05-24-2003, 11:52 PM
I think I saw that somewhere. He wore his hat wrong didn't he? ;)

PikminLink
05-26-2003, 12:15 AM
...im doing wind waker link^^...in both his normal "green" clothes, and his lobster shirt.......heheh...ill be done with it by tues..since im camping right now and i have all the time i need^_~ ......hehehe....ill make and post pics before the weekend......hehe...loster shirt is fun^^

Jarrod
05-26-2003, 11:23 PM
Just what I came to this board for sort of...

Hey is anyone actually good at SSBM here and lives in Canada? preferably Alberta?

Just had to ask cause I'm holding a big tournament in Edmonton and there will be prizes for 1-6th place. The more money we raise, the more prizes will be worth. Right now we are looking at 50 people hopefully and the 1st place will be $90 cash. It will only cost $5 to get in and all money goes to the prize money.

Anyways, check out my website to watch some matches of me and my friends.

But what we badly want to do, is get some costumes of some SSBM characters and then video tape us in real life fighting just as a joke video and pretend that it's the best match ever in the history of SSBM. Then let all the GameFaqs people watch it and have a good laugh.

PikminLink
05-27-2003, 03:28 PM
........sounds like fun.....you know...i moved from edmonton, alberta 9 years ago ;_; ...i miss it.......well i wish you good luck! ^^...wish i could be there......
....take pictures and share with us^___^ ...

Jarrod
05-28-2003, 04:37 AM
You should fly over here and join the tournament or something.

Where do you live?

PikminLink
06-04-2003, 08:57 PM
......in California............thats along way.....but next year im going to visit there....

Isaldur
06-04-2003, 09:02 PM
Yeah canada be sooo far away. I wanna go there someday though ;)

PikminLink
06-04-2003, 09:46 PM
its nice up there....^^...

cyankirby
06-12-2003, 01:59 AM
Ok everyone, I'm back from my month-long geo field camp so that's why I haven't been posting (in case you were curious...)

Jarrod, there actually was someone at Otakon who taped myself (as Bowser) and three different colored Links doing a crazy mock battle. It was weird but maybe you can find him and get some of the footage. I'm afraid I'm not sure who he is but someone else may know...

PikminLink- Awesome costume! Put more pictures up! One can never have enough Oni Link!:D

PikminLink
06-12-2003, 02:45 AM
oh so thats why you werent here....*i noticed^^* ......

i want to see...too bad you dont know who it was....

...ill post more....i already have 4...i think...ill get more late on..^_^

cyankirby
06-12-2003, 02:59 AM
It was funny and fun since I couldn't see. I guess flailing around works sometimes...

That's an awesome costume! I think it would be even better in person. You wouldn't be coming to the east coast cons anytime soon, would you? Heh, heh, one can only hope...
What kind of face paint is that? It must be a pain to put on and get off...

PikminLink
06-14-2003, 08:57 PM
....thanks^^....no i wont be able to go there.....im having a hard time trying to go to local cons>< ...oh well..
..um i dont know the brand exactly.....but yes its a pain to put on...give me at least 40 mins.....

Isaldur
06-14-2003, 09:03 PM
yeeah.. that's the only bad thing about doing characters that require facepaint.. it takes forever.

But the result is well worth it... I think... I won't actually know until I try that ;)

cyankirby
06-15-2003, 12:34 AM
Yes, it does look like the end result is definitely worth it! I haven't had to put on any makeup for a costume before so I wouldn't know... But it looks great!

Chux
06-15-2003, 12:50 PM
I cosplayed as Ness at otakon 2002. Lost track of my picture too :(

cyankirby
06-15-2003, 01:03 PM
Really? I was at Otakon 2002 as well. I was Bowser. Wish I got a picture with you! If you're looking for pictures, I'm sure you can find yourself in some of the pictures either here or try other websites. All together they have quite a few pictures up on that site.

Din the Dancer
06-17-2003, 05:34 PM
I'll eventually do Shiek, not now though. I have no time! >.<

Jarrod: Do you have a GameFAQS name? What is it? I live on the SSBSB (Super Smash Brothers Socail Board) on GameFAQS and I'd love to see that video when it's made.

cyankirby
06-17-2003, 11:34 PM
I'd like to see it too!
Jarrod-I know that there is going to be a large SSBM group at BAAF and a smaller group at Otakon. If you're planning on taping some of the characters and will be in the area then those cons might be good. I will be at the BAAF in my Bowser!

PikminLink
06-23-2003, 02:21 AM
oooh 0.o tape them...hehehe....make a small melee and ....hehee...*goes off thinking about the possibilities*

Shey Shey
07-02-2003, 04:56 PM
hiya
umm.... my friends and i did a super Smash brothers Melee group complete with a bunch of different weapons, In our group we had Peach, Doc Mario, Mr Game and Watch and Samus, along the way we picked up a link (and a vash, don't ask...)

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=54489

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=51656&password=&sort=1&cat=500&page=1

*i made the mallet*

SynVanSiWes
07-03-2003, 12:43 PM
Oh that's beautifull. I wish I could have been there to see it. Hmm, thinking of that I should make some props to bring to Otakon.

TrustTheFungus
07-05-2003, 02:40 PM
Another Mr. Game & Watch!
Except he's hidden in the shadows in both pictures! Mr. Game & Watch is a ninja!

Lynch
07-07-2003, 11:35 AM
LOL, awesomeness. Yeah, my friend (whom I just got into cosplay) and i were discussing getting four people and doing the colored cordinated Mr. Game and Watches some time. He just wants to walk around and flip bacon at people X3 I've thought about doin a Marth costume, but actually when I go back to blond, or most like, get a wig, I'm probably gonna cosplay Link. O.o Don't know when though, just stuff we plot. Cause i wanna carry round LonLon milk and do that pose he does in the one SSBM trophy X3

TrustTheFungus
07-07-2003, 06:46 PM
At Anime Mid-Atlantic I ga\/e out paper sausages to e\/eryone I saw! It was a lot of fun. I ha\/e a bunch of lefto\/er sausages, though...I guess I'll gi\/e them away at BAAF.

M00gle
07-07-2003, 09:19 PM
I'd probably be cheap and do something simple like young link or pikachu or kirby or something... XD I should stuff my boyfriend in a Roy costume..now THAT would be yummy :D

Catpaw
07-28-2003, 12:49 AM
I'm planning to be Fox (Normal), Shiek (Normal & last one of costumes), Roy (Normal, Gold & Red), Marth (Normal, Red, Black, White), Link (The 3 tunics & black), Mewtwo (Normal)...

....Must find green hat Pikachu....
Must kill green hat Pikachu... *Grabs mallet & runs off to find it*

The-Real-Link
07-28-2003, 02:08 AM
*...runs*.... *realizes there is an SSBM thread but never posted till now... read it all..*

It's so awesome that there are so many SSBM cosplayers out there! Of course the game rocks and the characters are fun but anyway...

I've been around for about a month and yet have never posted in this thread yet so not sure who knows me or not? I'm still working on getting my Links finished in time for the 03' Michigan Renaissance Fest but after coming back from a faire in Kalamazoo today, I highly doubt it'll happen. Anyone up for doing some fun roadtrip or such thoughout 2004? Darn how college gets in your way! When other things don't get in my way, then it's finding all these supplies and people to make stuff! argh... I do not plan on doing a black Link but already have the traditional green, blue, and red ones done.

Anyone planning on going to the Motor City Comic Con 04' in Novi as SSBM chars? No one seems to cosplay from Michigan :(

Once I get more done I'll post pics but I have no idea when that will be ;)

RyanW
08-01-2003, 06:33 AM
Not only can I not make to Alberta for the tournament, but I would hate to so thoroughly destroy the spirits of all of North America with my superior SSB:M Skills.

Not really.

Anyway We got screwed out of Otakon, but look for Link and Peach at Anime Iowa, Ohayocon, Katsucon, Anime reactor, Kazecon and, of course, Anime Central.

If you guys would like to see our costumes, check out the username 'limebarb' and her gallery.

PikminLink
08-01-2003, 01:57 PM
..now since im back from gphoria i can start working on Marth! YAY!^______^ ....hehehe...i sort of have some stuff figured out..and im starting to make every tunic....thats going to be fun...well i hope it all turns out well^^

Catpaw
08-01-2003, 02:22 PM
*Glomps PL* I wanna see it after ur done PL! (Hey, maybe if I get my Roy outfit done we could meet up?)

PikminLink
08-01-2003, 04:49 PM
maybe^_~.....i might plan on wearing it next year...

Din the Dancer
08-29-2003, 05:33 PM
I just got back from BAAF and I saw a Mr.G&W really quickly going down the elevator. I could tell that there were some confused cosplayers in those elevatores because they wouldn't stop on the 4th floor and that's where you bought the tickets! I wanted to get a picture and I was hoping I would see him later. Alas. No avail.

kdthompson
08-31-2003, 09:37 AM
I'm curious; could you see how the MR. G&W pulled off the totally blackness, including the head?

Din the Dancer
08-31-2003, 12:24 PM
His head looked like a big pice of cardboard painted black and then everywhere else he wore black clothes. I so wish I could have gotten a pictuer.

kdthompson
09-01-2003, 10:35 PM
Whoa...awesome...I hope somebody got a picuture of that.....

cyankirby
09-01-2003, 10:54 PM
I met Mr. Game and Watch at BAAF! Very cool costume Trust the Fungus... I'm sure if anyone wants to see a photo of him then you can look in the BAAF 2003 pictures when they are posted.

Ahh PikminLink! A Marth; how cool is that! I'm finishing my Roy for the cons that I go to in 2004. Both of them are so cool so post pictures!!!!!

TrustTheFungus
09-03-2003, 03:57 PM
I think if you look at my costumes I should ha\/e a picture of my Mr. Game & Watch from Ohayocon.

I didn't see alot of SSBM costumes at BAAF. Just me, Bowser, Ness, 2-3 Links(LOL), and I think that was it. Did I miss any?

Oh, cyankirby. Your costume is Super Awesome. In pictures it just looks Awesome. But in real life you can tell that it's Super Awesome.

"I'd probably be cheap and do something simple like young link or pikachu or kirby or something... "

Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but my Kirby costume hasn't been cheap or simple. 0_o

"I just got back from BAAF and I saw a Mr.G&W really quickly going down the elevator. I could tell that there were some confused cosplayers in those elevatores because they wouldn't stop on the 4th floor and that's where you bought the tickets! I wanted to get a picture and I was hoping I would see him later. Alas. No avail."

I am like a ninja warrior. lol, Sorry about that. Maybe I'll see you at another con.

cyankirby
09-03-2003, 11:33 PM
Thanks trustthefungus! I'm sure your kirby will turn out great! Costumes always turn out to be more difficult and more expensive in the end; it's almost a fact at this point I believe :). I'm actually planning on making a kirby for Otakon 2004 with a bowser hat and one other (can't decide; any suggestions?) Maybe we can exchange tips

Oh yeah, at the con there was also a very snazzy Ganondorf in addition to the others that were listed above. All of the SSBM costumes were really cool! :D It was nice to see them all!

kdthompson
09-04-2003, 12:40 AM
Make it the Link Cap, the Shiek outfit, Peach's crown or Marth's wig and tiara. Those have to be my favorite Kirby caps, espeically Marth and Shiek. *is an LoZ fan, can't you tell?*

cyankirby
09-04-2003, 01:08 AM
Hmmm, not sure how to make the Marth hat ....too much hair!!!! :mfg: But the others are good ideas! Have to look into making them! Thanks!
He he! Yeah I can tell!!! :)

kdthompson
09-04-2003, 01:16 AM
Well, for Marth you could always find a really cheep blue costume wig, cut it and make the tiara...

But on Kirby...that Might be easier said that done, so I won't pry too much. ^_^;;;

cyankirby
09-04-2003, 01:24 AM
I plan on making the body as big as it will take for it to go from my head to my waist so it may be a little large... I think I would need like 6 wigs for the hair...or something like that I'm going for the non-hair hats if I can help it. Kirby is bald anyway! Maybe that's why he needs hats... Hmmmmm...

kdthompson
09-04-2003, 01:33 AM
*giggles* Yeah, the wig idea is deinately out. I think I'll just stick to my plans of cosplaying at Princess Toadstool, Sheik, Roy and/or Marth...

Eccoglyph
09-04-2003, 04:59 PM
Good luck with Kirby! By the time my group's Kirby was done, he had thoroughly sucked out his creator's soul. And I vote Bowser hat! So adorable...

Din the Dancer
09-04-2003, 05:56 PM
For the Kirby wigs you could get alot of yarn and attempt to make a super-sized wig. Good luck with Kirby though! Sounds cool!

Catpaw
09-04-2003, 08:19 PM
*Pops up as Kirby in Sheik mode* <(W^W^W)> I plan to make plushie Kirbys... and I might be Kirby... who knows?

TrustTheFungus
09-04-2003, 09:51 PM
When someone wants a picture of me in my Kirby costume I plan on asking if I can wear thier hat(If they ha\/e a hat. I could also hold any weapons people ha\/e for thier costumes). Then it will look I ate them and stole thier power. And it will gi\/e e\/eryone a personalized picture(Unless they don't ha\/e any hats or weapons)....or maybe it would just be easier to bring my own hats...

kdthompson
09-04-2003, 09:58 PM
*sighs* What con(s)? Sadly, I doubt I'll get Marth or Roy done anytime soon, much less peach.

But I have Link and Dark Link...*shrugs*

cyankirby
09-05-2003, 01:34 AM
Trust the fungus- Will you be at Otakon next year? If you are then we should get some pictures together! I plan on making my own hats since the ones that people wear might be a little small on kirby... Which means that I have to limit myself to the number of hats I bring though...but that's ok! Which ones are you planning on making? (if you do make them that is)

kdthompson
09-05-2003, 01:37 AM
The Legend of Zelda fan crew were talking about meeting up at Otakon '04. In that case, I'll definately be there at least one day as Link. Which tunic, mind you, I don't have a clue. I'm hoping to get the Zora (blue) tunic done by then maybe...either that or Ganondorf...

cyankirby
09-05-2003, 01:50 AM
Snazzy! Well, I'm sure that I'll see you there. Just look for a pink ball (or maybe a white or blue one; haven't yet decided on which color kirby to do...) :)

Din the Dancer- Ahh, a super sized wig... I can't imagine how hard it would be to keep it from getting too tangled.... *shudder* But yarn is a good idea... I think I'm going for the simpler hats this year. But maybe for a different con?

kdthompson
09-05-2003, 01:51 AM
Heh...I'm such a fan of the classics, I'd probably go as a grey, game boy looking one... ^_^ but don't let me sway your choice of color...I think I've had quite a bit of imput with the caps...