PDA

View Full Version : Brilliant Green

Jin
02-11-2003, 06:22 PM
God i love brilliant green, they have such a good sound, and Green Wood Diary is one of my favorite songs....

Umi
02-11-2003, 07:18 PM
yay tbg fan! whee! *would think of more to say but is not intelligent enough at the moment*

Jin
02-11-2003, 08:37 PM
lol, hi... whats ur fav song from them... an dont worry im not a genieus either...

Umi
02-11-2003, 11:29 PM
Let's see... there's so many good ones it's hard to choose but I'm going to go with CALL MY NAME (japanese version) it's just so 60s-groovyish =D

Jin
02-12-2003, 03:37 PM
hmmm nver herd it... is it good?

Umi
02-12-2003, 06:42 PM
Of course it's good =D That's why it's my favorite at the moment. I guess the reason why I like it is because it's very unique and not like a lot of their music but still very catchy with tbg-goodness.

What's your favorite song?

Jin
02-12-2003, 07:35 PM
ummm... so many... Greenwood diary, rainy days, and that one that goes like, bring down the rainy.. il be there for you, im sorry dun worry... goodbye, know what im talking about? yeah those.

mughi3
02-15-2003, 04:16 AM
i have all thier albums
thier self titled debut is still the best IMO.

although terra 2000 was fun with them playing around with the 60's and 70's sound.

los angeles was a solid album as well

the new album(winter album) is kinda to much pop for my liking. they need to stay with thier sound and avoid pop :p

KitsuNessa
02-15-2003, 04:40 PM
hehe I LOVE The Brilliant Green
my favorite song from them is Forever To Me...omg...that song is sooo awesome. I love all their stuff and have downloaded everything I didn't buy on Los Angeles...

Umi
02-16-2003, 05:16 PM
Word. I have a hard time finding a tbg song I don't like =D

ladytron
02-17-2003, 10:18 PM
I love the brilliant green! They're super awesomeness! I fell in love with their music through Otakon, and yeah, I've been an addict since then. I listened to The Winter Album, and it's a bit more poppish, but their still writing their own stuff, which I can respect, I think they are just evolving with their style.

Jin
02-18-2003, 07:47 PM
ive just herd random songs and they were all sweet, i love her voice... i wish she was my age... *tear falls from eye* hehe yeah.. i listen to them when i cant think straight.

Umi
02-18-2003, 11:12 PM
ooh. we have a tomoko-lover on our hands =D One of my friends worships her too, tho' he really prefers her Tommy february6 counterpart. I guess it's the image thing. But really, how can you not love 80s synth pop? ^__^

Jin
02-19-2003, 06:32 PM
yeah... hmmm feb 6 counterpart?

Umi
02-19-2003, 07:17 PM
Yeah! Tomoko (lead of tbg) she goes by the nickname Tommy. Her musical influences are drastically different from the rest of the guys in the band. She's still with tbg but last year she put out a couple of singles by herself, which was really popular so it spawned a whole album. It's synth 80s-type pop.

She wears colorful clothes and glasses and always seems to be playing tennis in the videos plus there are always bad cheerleaders in the background and you gotta love the bad dancing =D. It's done in a spoof type format but it's entertaining nonetheless. It's something you really have to see to believe, so if you get a chance download on of the videos.

This is the website addy: http://www.sonymusic.co.jp/Music/Info/Tommyfebruary6/ You can download some crappy quality movie clips and sound files.

Here's a pic of Tommy february6 (the 6... is sort of supposed to be written like 'to the 6th power')

Jin
02-19-2003, 07:53 PM
ohhh... yeah shes soo cute, i want to hug her to death..

number18
02-22-2003, 11:45 PM
I <3 BuriGuri too...buri guri is funny to say. hehe.

anyways, yeah I found them randomly doing a search on napster "back in the day." They're just really awesome...and I love the songs sung in English...very intelligeable English at that.

One of my fave songs has to be Funny Girlfriend...and after that in no real order Bye! My Boy!, September Rain and Brownie the Cat. September Rain is like...a song I really related to also.

I haven't listened to anything new lately, really...maybe stuff from the Los Angeles song and tsumetai hana, which I don't know what album it's from.

yar.

Umi
02-23-2003, 05:09 PM
Los Angeles is my favorite album.

Mini-poll! What was the first TBG song you heard?

number 18 reminded me of it, but the very first song I heard from them was Bye! My Boy! and I got totally hooked. I remember thinking Tomoko sort of sounded like Sheryl Crow in that song o.O

number18
02-23-2003, 06:11 PM
Really? I guess in a way they could be compared, Tommy and Sheryl Crow...but initially I don't really think there's much resemblence. Here voice is pretty unique to me, as far as chicks singing in rock bands go. And while I wouldn't say they sound alike, The Brilliant Green reminds me of Garbage...what with the lead singer having an amazing, unique voice and all that crapola. And I guess as I already said in my last post, Bye! My Boy! was the first Brilliant Green song I heard. w00t! ^_^

Umi
02-23-2003, 11:55 PM
No I don't think Tommy sounds like Sheryl Crow at all. But there's something about Bye! My Boy! specifically that reminded me of Sheryl Crow. o.O; Who knows what it was.

mughi3
02-24-2003, 01:52 AM
first song i ever heard from them:
.there will be love there(track 9 on the first cd)

saw it on "hey!hey!hey! music champ!"

still one of my favorites off that album.

number18
02-24-2003, 09:10 AM
Hmm...I think I kinda know what you mean about Bye! My Boy! reminding you of a Sheryl Crow song...hard to describe but it's like the emotion feels the same...in a way...

er...

Jin
02-24-2003, 05:16 PM
aww september rain is one of my favorite favorite song of theres, and i can realate to... greenwood diary was the first one i herd.

KitsuNessa
02-24-2003, 05:35 PM
hmm i think they sound a bit like Weezer in some songs..

Jin
03-07-2003, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by KitsuNessa
hmm i think they sound a bit like Weezer in some songs..

i guess. if ur sayign the guy sounds liek a girl.. :) but theyre good, i like el scorcho and the one that goes like.. "she was a 17 year old girl, who lives in small city, japan... ya da.. etc."

KitsuNessa
03-07-2003, 08:18 PM
no, i mean, the music does...not the vocalists..

Jin
03-13-2003, 04:50 PM
ohh ... (o_O)... ..... ... .. . i knew that... lol ^_^