PDA

View Full Version : Friends, Zombies, Cosplayers... lend me your brains!

TheWickedOne
01-10-2006, 05:31 AM
This year, my friends and I are thinking about having a little fun with stuff that's "sooo done..." the idea..? a zombie horde...

"no thanks," you say...
"but why?" you ask...

because zombies are awesome! i mean, who never had a good time with the undead? we see zombies every year. mostly because the make-up is easy, costume simple (plain clothes) and everyone knows how to shamble.

this year during halloween ne and my buddies took some time to hon our skills at zombie make-up. (i'll post some picks soon) though we are novices, our skills improved greatly in our practice. now we're adept at creating some really cool effects! what's more we can do the basic make-up in no time flat.

here's the idea this year: a truly massive horde of zombies! bigger than ever, but with a twist... cosplayer zombies! you know kind of like an outbreak occurred right there at dragon*con. so that way your zombie is entirely open to your discression! and i thought we could organize earlyish one day to help each other out with make-up. (we may have a lot of make-up, but please help by bringing some of your own.)

but wait, there's more!...

i want to be able to turn the crowd as well! those of us that can do make-up quickly and efficiently should carry some with us. this way, if anyone is interested in being "turned" we can do it right there on the spot! that just helps the horde grow more, and how cool would it be to have a cosplay group that big?

let me know what you think, and tell me if you're interested...

thanx - 'The Wicked One'

Vespertinal
01-11-2006, 10:08 PM
I have to admit, even though I am terrified of zombies (thanks to my older brothers), the idea of an "outbreak" occurring at Dragon*Con and turning people into zombies right then and there sounds really awesome. You almost make me want to get in on it.... Hmn.

Both my friend and brothers would probably love to join and help you out in your quest for a Zombie horde. Although none of them own an account here, I'll ask them.

Either way, I won't have a problem lending you guys my costume make-up. It would be for a good cause, after all.

:toothy:

Rukia_Kurosaki
01-13-2006, 08:10 AM
Sounds fun. I'll probably join in on it. Just tell me what day and I'll see if I can draft people. ^_^ I can get make up too for it.

ichi
01-18-2006, 09:41 PM
I'll be there to blast you guys away, what with being a member of the Umbrella Biohazard Countermeasure Service and all.

TechieCL
01-19-2006, 08:55 PM
I'll second that notion! You wouldn't believe how hard it was to find zombies when all the Resident Evil people got together for a photoshoot.

reannaremick
01-20-2006, 03:55 PM
Don't forget the Shaun of the Dead cosplayers too, we need zombie hordes to chase us! So exciting to finally have a good bunch of undead around.

TheWickedOne
01-21-2006, 10:14 AM
see what i mean? you don't have to be a zombie to be a part of this group. i just want to make sure that we don't have 50 members of umbrella task force, a claire, chris, leon, jill, ada, carlos, barry, regina and wesker, the entire cast of shaun of the dead and all of the survivors from the romero flicks. and only 10 or 15 zombies, becuse that's just not to scale, zombies always outnumber and zombies always win... these are the rules...

thanx for being so enthusiastic
the wicked one

Rukia_Kurosaki
02-14-2006, 07:23 AM
I'm diffinately going to be in it. I'll be zombie Tifa. ^-^

TheWickedOne
02-14-2006, 05:54 PM
hooray zombie cosplayers... see the great thing about tgis is that you don't really need a real costume. i'm thinking about bringing one of my old chef uniforms and zombifying one of those!

like i said, when the time draws closer, we'll figure out the best night and time to do all this!

drachen_katze
02-16-2006, 11:09 PM
omg zombies wheeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!! ^_^
... zombie Twi'lek, maybe???
(I wanna get as much out of those lekku as possible ;D)
<3
--Cat

Meadowknight
02-17-2006, 05:44 AM
Hi, I'm a newbie...just cosplayed for the first time as Claire Redfield from Resident Evil Code Veronica at Anime LA a couple weeks ago. Are you planning on just doing this zombie army at the Dragon con thing? Sorry, I'm very new and don't have the con names memorized. Any chance you guys would want to put together a zombie army for Anime Expo too? I'm planning on going as Claire (only costume now) and know several people going as other RE characters...although you don't want to outnumber your zombie horde with anti-zombie, well equiped RE survivors... wouldn't make it much of an army then, lol. Although you could try and turn all the RE cosplayers for one day or something. Just an idea, not even sure if AX is something you guys are doing.

TheWickedOne
02-17-2006, 02:49 PM
well, meadowknight, this particular gathering is for dragon*con. mostly because it's the only con that i'll be attending this year (as far as i know) but if you like the idea, perhaps you could organize the same thing at any of the cons you attend. i just thought that this would be a fun idea, and anyone feels the same should definitely jump in and have a good time with it too. so if you'd like to go ahead and organize the same thing for AX then please do! but please, let me know how it turns out... i'd be very interested...

Meadowknight
02-18-2006, 08:23 AM
Hehehehhehe...set up zombie sleeper cells, AT CONS ALL AROUND THE WORLD!! MUUHAHHAHHAHHAA!! Yeah...I dunno, it sounds fun but I'm still so new to this...might want to go to a few more cons before I try to actually plan something. Plus I only know a few people right now who do this, my first and only con I've been to was pretty small (so says my friend who goes to a ton)..so AX is going to feel a bit overwhelming I think. I'll have to see how it goes, but I'll let you know if I raise my own little army...muuhahha.

NeoSpike
03-13-2006, 07:12 PM
Undead Wesker....oh wait Wesker already is undead.
Might just do zombie Nicholai

AuroraCeleste
03-14-2006, 11:35 PM
I think it's a great idea, just don't make yourself infamous like the orcs of 2004. I believe they had to pay for some costumes that they dribbled blood on . . . so make your makeup cool, but safe to wander around crowded lobbies in.

Neko-Ryu_Lander
04-07-2006, 07:04 PM
ohh that might be fun to do...zombie kittyboy....::EVIL LAUGH::

DDR Faery Spice
04-10-2006, 01:51 AM
And so shall the Zombie Rights Movement begin. With a horde of zombie cosplayers. Can you imagine a zombie River Tam? Now that's going to be terrifying.
I hope Joss Whedon's there this year.
"I can kill you with my--BRAAAAAIIIINNSSSS."

(On a side note, I really do have a zombie rights organization, called ZAPT-Zombies Are People Too. xD)

This is going to rock.

TheWickedOne
04-10-2006, 04:10 PM
we've run into a small problem on my end. it seems as though i may not be at dragon*con this year. my best friend is going to new york instead and another friend of ours is going in to the army soon and won't be here to do it... i've also managed to get into a little trouble, so my finances will be tight. i i do show up, it'll be pretty much spectator for me. i'll be doing the zombie thing, i did after all bring up the idea of a huge gathering. i won't be putting together a final fantasy costume this year... i'll have to tell vampirate.

anyway, after much talking, we've decided that if not this year, we'll be back at the con next year in full force!

i'll keep you posted....

DDR Faery Spice
04-10-2006, 10:03 PM
Please do. =] Almost certainly, if you don't do it, I'll have to take some crash-cources in zombie makeup and start having fun with liquid latex.

TheDemon2300
04-11-2006, 10:33 AM
"ZAPT"? Well, if you play the game "Infected" for PSP, the organization is called "Zombie AID" ....they even have their own song (it's a bit X-masy since the game takes place in that season)...*actually transcribed the lyrics at one point if anyone wants 'em....they're quite funny*

TechieCL
04-11-2006, 12:04 PM
we've run into a small problem on my end. it seems as though i may not be at dragon*con this year. my best friend is going to new york instead and another friend of ours is going in to the army soon and won't be here to do it... i've also managed to get into a little trouble, so my finances will be tight. i i do show up, it'll be pretty much spectator for me. i'll be doing the zombie thing, i did after all bring up the idea of a huge gathering. i won't be putting together a final fantasy costume this year... i'll have to tell vampirate.

anyway, after much talking, we've decided that if not this year, we'll be back at the con next year in full force!

i'll keep you posted....

If you can't make it, mind sharing your make-up techniques for all those zombie volunteers?

DDR Faery Spice
04-11-2006, 07:26 PM
"ZAPT"? Well, if you play the game "Infected" for PSP, the organization is called "Zombie AID" ....they even have their own song (it's a bit X-masy since the game takes place in that season)...*actually transcribed the lyrics at one point if anyone wants 'em....they're quite funny*
Also, there was ZOMBAID from Shaun of the Dead. xD I'm a big zombie fan. Can you tell? S'why i'm so excited about this.

TheDemon2300
04-11-2006, 08:02 PM
lol, yeah....gotta love what they did with the zombies at the end of Shaun of the Dead.

TheWickedOne
04-14-2006, 03:08 AM
labor day weekend is still a good ways off. there's still a good chance that i'll be able to make it. however, the more envolved costumes, like sephiroth and i was considering sora or roxas, will have to be postponed. if i show, i'll still be doing the zombie thing, probably a nun one night, and i might be reprising the squall costume from last year... time will tell.

Kissker
04-14-2006, 11:45 AM
this kind of gave me an idea to CREATE an outbreak... like have stuff set up a normal "umbrella" or whatever corp you wanna represent yourself, but post here so everyone knows your Plan/mission basically you have a meeting place for everyone who Wants to be a zombie to show up, you give em a stamp (could be neat to get a custom stamp made that looks zombieish) and then there "infected" stamped people go around and "infect" more (aka tell your buddies where to get a stamp!) and they go get stamps... I bet by the end of the con you have a good 200+ its even better, cuz passer bys can get stamped and join the fun. lol just a silly idea.... "create an outbreak" be funny if it hit dragon con news. "although the events were normal, there seems to be an outbreak of Zombies... your friends yesterday might be brain hungry undead today."

TheWickedOne
04-14-2006, 01:03 PM
this kind of gave me an idea to CREATE an outbreak... like have stuff set up a normal "umbrella" or whatever corp you wanna represent yourself, but post here so everyone knows your Plan/mission basically you have a meeting place for everyone who Wants to be a zombie to show up, you give em a stamp (could be neat to get a custom stamp made that looks zombieish) and then there "infected" stamped people go around and "infect" more (aka tell your buddies where to get a stamp!) and they go get stamps... I bet by the end of the con you have a good 200+ its even better, cuz passer bys can get stamped and join the fun. lol just a silly idea.... "create an outbreak" be funny if it hit dragon con news. "although the events were normal, there seems to be an outbreak of Zombies... your friends yesterday might be brain hungry undead today."

DUDE! that is a freakin' sweet idea, thanks so much for your imput! i did have the idea for having a zombie outbreak at the con... you know, recruit here and then a little more at the con if people were in to it... but actually having a stamp or sticker or temporary tattoo... man, that was a really good idea you had! like mentioned before, it's still up in the air as to whether or not i'll be going, but i'm still leaning heavily on being there. even if i can't go all out because of finances, zombie make-up is fun and affordable, and i'll still have some of my have-a-good-time costumes, even if i can't bring really involved ones.

i'm going to spend a little time designing a bite-mark type symbol, and see about making a rubber stamp, or having so temp. tattoos printed up! thanks so much for the idea!

Hart
04-17-2006, 09:52 AM
This sounds....FUN O_o This will actually be my first time a dragon con. the tickets have been so pricey before but this time im bitting the bullet and going...the idea is most def solid. if i feel like becoming a zombie at any point ill most deff let ya know

Evali
04-18-2006, 10:27 AM
This sounds great! My friends and I will probably show up in RE4 stuff. Keep this thread updated once you know what night you're doing it. =D

TheWickedOne
04-27-2006, 04:40 AM
first off, i'd like to thank everyone that has shown an interest in this little idea. i'm sure that with enough people we could do something really fun and a little crazy at DC. i'd also like to thank everyone for their insight, and the ideas that have been handed out. because this is for everyone who wants to be involved, not just for my satisfaction.

i'd also like to say that every time i look at the 'in response to zombies' thread and see a zero under the number of posts. i feel like i'm getting even more support there as well.

my plans are still to do everything in my power to make it to the con this year, and though i'll be financially hindered this year, this will help add to my good time as well as everyone else's i think...

TheWickedOne
05-20-2006, 02:44 PM
little update... if i come to the con this year, i probably won't be staying AT the con. e.g. there may be some minor difficulty with finding a suitable locale for 'zombieing up'

i'll post more as i come up with ideas, and, i'm open for anthing any of you would like to advise!

ringwraith10
06-12-2006, 07:23 PM
[QUOTE=Vespertinal]I have to admit, even though I am terrified of zombies (thanks to my older brothers), the idea of an "outbreak" occurring at Dragon*Con and turning people into zombies right then and there sounds really awesome. You almost make me want to get in on it.... Hmn.
QUOTE]

My thoughts exactly. It would be a little weird, but it would be awesome to see something like this spread across the convention.

Lunakitty
07-03-2006, 01:07 AM
This is such a rad idea, I love it! :toothy:

TheWickedOne
07-06-2006, 08:40 PM
thanks for the compliment!

here's how the timing for the horde will work:
1. it will more than likely NOT be on the same day as the final fantasy group photo shoot. (as i will probably being taking part in that)
2. it will take place at a time when there will be plenty of floor traffic, but no actual stopping and congregating. (if possible)
3. most everyone wanting to take part needs to TRY to bring any 'zombie type makeup' they can. it won't be totally necessary to bring your own though. just help add to the supply if you have any you may not need.
4. i'd like for everyone to swap ideas and bring their own uniqueness to the horde. every zombie is different cuz everyone is different. zombies are only the same in video games.
5. please feel free to carry some make up with you and 'infect' anyone who wants to join the group. we may be able to do some quick make up on the spot for fellow con attendees.
6. i was thinking everyone might want to bring something to make a 'bite mark' to add to the fun.
7. be ready for >BIG< group shots with shaun of the dead and resident evil cosplayers. maybe even try to incorporate some of those elements in your costume.
8. don't forget vaudun. remember, the voodoo ideal was one of the origins of 'true zombies', make voodoo if you like. perhaps some of the aspects of anita blake novels. (written by: laurell k. hamilton)
9. creativity is the key! do something original, and be remembered for a kickass costume, and it'll be one that was simple and fun!

Evali
07-11-2006, 04:36 PM
Just got confirmation we're going to have the main cast of Resident Evil 4. Did you decide on a day yet?

TheWickedOne
08-02-2006, 11:26 AM
okay, i'm thinking that the zombie horde is a go! i'll post again later when i've worked out a good time to meet and hangout.

Dashren Nolan
08-02-2006, 05:22 PM
I would like to mention that this has actually already been done once before, at MetroCon '06. A coupel of make-up artists began turnign random congoers into zombie hordes to fight the Umbrella and RPD memebers there in all out battle. You can find video of the battle here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1mWSMdtB8Y&search=umbrella%20final%20battle

I have a full Albert Wesker outfit (which you can spot in the video above) that I love to death and I'm probably going to be wearing it to DragoCon on Friday. I would love to be a part of this mass Resident Evil group!

TheWickedOne
08-03-2006, 12:11 AM
I would like to mention that this has actually already been done once before, at MetroCon '06. A coupel of make-up artists began turnign random congoers into zombie hordes to fight the Umbrella and RPD memebers there in all out battle. You can find video of the battle here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1mWSMdtB8Y&search=umbrella%20final%20battle

I have a full Albert Wesker outfit (which you can spot in the video above) that I love to death and I'm probably going to be wearing it to DragoCon on Friday. I would love to be a part of this mass Resident Evil group!

once again, i would like to point out that this is NOT a resident evil group, though the oppurtunity to get in with all the other zombie fighting cosplay will be present, this is mostly for cosplayers who love zombies and want to join in on the fun.

i don't want this to be labeled as a particular group and thusly turn people off of this gathering. it's much easier to be a collective interest and THEN be seen with other particular groups when present.

Evil Dr. Axis
08-07-2006, 09:37 AM
Are we still doing this? Is anyone still interested?

Hellion
08-07-2006, 10:04 AM
Do you need an Alice (http://www.millaj.com/pics/resident-milla.jpg)?

Evil Dr. Axis
08-07-2006, 05:16 PM
Do you need an Alice (http://www.millaj.com/pics/resident-milla.jpg)?

The thing is, we weren't really going for a RE theme. We were really just looking to make a zombie hoard. Although, if you look anything like Mila Jovanavich in the RE movies, then YES. Yes, we need you...very badly. lol

TheDemon2300
08-09-2006, 09:39 AM
Count me in. Majority of my D*Con schedule is open-wandering from Saturday afternoon on. Till then, I can be easily found by simply searching out the table in the registration area for the parade.

Evil Dr. Axis
08-09-2006, 10:19 AM
Count me in. Majority of my D*Con schedule is open-wandering from Saturday afternoon on. Till then, I can be easily found by simply searching out the table in the registration area for the parade.
If you'd like, we can exchange phone #'s via PM and we'll give you a ring when we're feelin' a little undead. I gotta work out when I'm doing what costume, but zombification will probably be later in the weekend, since I have to shave off my hard earned Wolverine chops to apply and remove the liquid latex to my skin with any real ease. Yay zombies!

TheDemon2300
08-09-2006, 01:56 PM
Aight, I'll probably have to take advantage of the wandering zombie make-up artists in order to fit in. I'm quite disorganized this year as far as costuming is concerned. I'm putting faith in a friend of mine who said he can get his aunt to make the costumes we want for us...altho with only 3 weeks left, I'm starting to have my doubts. Especially since he hasn't even asked her about it yet...
But hey, it's only my 2nd D*Con. I got many more to look forward to and improve upon.

Evali
08-13-2006, 03:45 PM
Hope you guys make it on Saturday, that's when we're wearing our costumes.

Either way, I look forward to seeing the horde!

evenstar1
08-13-2006, 05:32 PM
i'm up for it and i'm a semi makeup artist..still learning techniques i'd love to help. i have some great stage blood and some other fun things....the blood acts like real blood and will actually start scabbing after awhile ^_^

dagmarus
08-13-2006, 06:43 PM
Dude, this is an awesome Idea. I'll be running around as Ed from Shaun of the Dead with my friend Josh as Shaun. This'll be perfect!

TheWickedOne
08-14-2006, 08:02 PM
sweet! i'm thinking of doing it saturday during the day for a while, taking time out maybe to do some other casplay and zombie out again maybe later that night. night time is generally just a good time to party though. i'm still figuring out a schedule for working around all goings on.

dagmarus
08-14-2006, 11:10 PM
lol I should do Zombie Wash

TheDemon2300
08-15-2006, 12:47 AM
Saturday...let's see. Saturday morning I have the parade, then the group photo for the MySpace Group right after the parade, then the laptop tournament at 1pm in the gaming room. After that, it's free wanderin' for me.

TheWickedOne
08-15-2006, 10:17 PM
okay, this seems to be the best time to work out the zombie thing... i say some time in the early evening on saturday night. usually everyone is done with their serious cosplay and are ready to wind down and party. if trhis time isn't working to well, then maybe we can horde on sunday evening and then atend the masq as a giant group of zombies!

show of hands everyone! saturday or sunday?

please post and tell me which will work out better! once a day is chosen, i'll figure out a time from there, then all we have to do is get infected, or raised, depending on your zombification preference.

thanks everyone for your support thus far,
thewickedone (skarecrow)

p.s. my other thread was just closed... i had opened it so no one would have to scroll around in this thread poking around for a date and time.

if you are interested, please visit this thread often, if you have questions then please PM me. i'll try to respond as soon as possible, thank you much!
M

Evil Dr. Axis
08-16-2006, 09:18 AM
Do you have your own makeup, or are you planning on using my makeup? I don't know how much I have left, so you may need to go out and get some more. There's maybe enough to do you and me once and that's it. Not a whole lot of liquid latex either. You may need to make a trip to the party store.

TheWickedOne
08-16-2006, 01:38 PM
Do you have your own makeup, or are you planning on using my makeup? I don't know how much I have left, so you may need to go out and get some more. There's maybe enough to do you and me once and that's it. Not a whole lot of liquid latex either. You may need to make a trip to the party store.

i'll buy more makeup so that you and i are covered for sure, with maybe enough to help some others with some easy, simple make-up stuff. we can work that out later...

MOST IMPORTANT: WE NEED TO KNOW WHEN THIS WILL WORK OUT BEST IF IT'S GUNNA HAPPEN! I'M FEELING SUNDAY EVENING! it'll be after the xmen in the morning, then final fantasy that afternoon, then zombies that night... who's with me?

Evil Dr. Axis
08-16-2006, 02:15 PM
We have to work out when we're doing "Little Shop." Don't forget about that. I wasn't planning on going to the x-men thing in the morning. I was probably going to do wolverine friday night and let that be it. Honestly, I dunno if this zombie thing is going to pull through. Might need to can it like we did the nuns and just go X-men and little shop. You've got FF too. I'm not doing Auron this year. I may go to AWA and do it. My vote at this point is to axe the zombie plan. We have a total of maybe four people. That's not a hoard.

TheWickedOne
08-16-2006, 08:49 PM
it's crunch time... i am going to be at the con with my friends and i'm starting to feel like this may not pan out due to lack of interest. i would really like to know who's into it and what they have to say about keeping the horde idea going.

like i said, i'm going to be at con with friends, and if this appears to be too much of a bust, then like dr. axis said, we'll cut bait and get out. i may still cosplay a zombie while i'm there, for fun. if i see any others then i'll definitely grab a pic.

feedback time for real real, not for play play... let's see what'll happen

thanks,
thewickedone (skarecrow)

TechieCL
08-16-2006, 09:45 PM
I'm cool for sunday evening.

For shites n' giggles, might i recommend every one in the anti-zombie cosplays showing up bring their copies of the Zombie Survival Guide (if you own it) or if your lucky enough an advance copy of World War Z to pose with?

Stratafyre
08-17-2006, 08:27 PM
I'll probably wander by as Krauser... He's technically on the zombie side?

TheDemon2300
08-18-2006, 01:23 AM
Sunday evening sounds good. I hear the CXS performance is usually on Sunday night. Might be cool to show up lookin' a little undead...Maybe we can convert the whole audience?

evenstar1
08-18-2006, 06:54 AM
sunday sounds great!

TheWickedOne
08-24-2006, 10:14 PM
SORRY FOLKS...

due to a sudden and overwhelming lack of group interest, the zombie horde is canceled. i'll still be doing the zombie thing with friends on sunday night, and i'd like to meet anyone else who wants to hang out with us. if you would like my cell number to give me a call and plan a meeting time on sunday, give me a PM and we'll see about working something out.

to those of you who supported me... thank you. those opposed... oh well.

thanks,
thewickedone (skarecrow)