PDA

View Full Version : Comiket 70 - August 2006

Supremeronin
01-10-2006, 11:00 AM
Hey all.
Just found out that Comiket 70 will be on the 11th, 12th and 13th of August 2006.
Official site is here: http://www.comiket.co.jp/

Who's coming?
I'll definitely be there! :)

emeraude
01-15-2006, 08:44 AM
im going back to my country before comicket u.u

Kazenokibou
01-15-2006, 08:52 AM
I'll most likely be there, but I probably won't cosplay... (I'ver never cosplayed at comiket before... >_<)

Supremeronin
01-15-2006, 08:54 AM
@Emeraude: Aaaah! :( That's a shame!

@Kazenokibou: why not? Go for it! I will be...though it's sooo hot!

Kazenokibou
01-15-2006, 07:36 PM
Hmm... well, one is, that it is really hot (as is in normal cloths!!! Xo I admired the cosplayer who cosplayed as Vash from Trigun!), but the other reason why I get put off by the thought is that it seems to be pretty complicated to cosplay at Comiket.. I'm reading the comiket catalog from 65th, and it mentions something about getting a registeration card (touroku card)...

Actually, if it isn't asking too much, it would be great if some people who have cosplayed at comiket can tell me what it is like. Or if there is some homepage that people suggest... that'll be great too. I've only been cosplaying at American conventions (Acen) so I guess I'm kind of intemidated...

Supremeronin
01-16-2006, 01:55 AM
Don't worry...it's really easy to cosplay there (I have three or four times). There's no registration card...when you go to the changing room (and pay IIRC 600Y) they give you a booklet (with the cosplay guidelines in Japanese) which you have to show to get into the cosplay area, but that's it.

The cosplay guidelines are pretty basic: no weapons and a few prop restriction (nothing over, IIRC, 20 or 30cm, nothing breakable)...basically most people don't bother with props because it's less hassle.
Don't worry, it's not intimidating.

Plus, if there's a few of us from Cosplay.com going, we may as well meet up at the station on the way and all go together (that's what me, BurnSizzleMelt and Eleryth do). :)

Eleryth
01-16-2006, 03:01 AM
Agrees with Ronin - it's quite easy to cosplay there, especially if you have Japanese language ability!

Unfortunately, I won't be making it out as I go home because my contract is up. Perhaps I can fianlly finish up the costumes I have from last year's NatsuKomi soon...and get some decent photos... (curses for not finding the fabric I want up here and making do...it makes things difficult!).

YoshidaEri
01-22-2006, 05:22 PM
Questions: If I cosplay can I do a dance performance that goes along with my costume? Is it a contest?

Supremeronin
01-22-2006, 08:46 PM
Erm...there isn't a contest...and most people just post for people to take their photos. I guess you could dance if you really want, though if it's too energetic/takes up a lot of room the staff might ask you to stop. By the middle of the event you've hardly got room to move in the cosplay area...

YoshidaEri
01-24-2006, 11:14 AM
Okay, could I bring my and play my JPop song that goes along with my cosplay(even on my own CD player)?

Also could someone just give me a general run down of what goes on at Comiket? I've only been to 1 American con (2nd this weekend) ao I don't really know :)

ycysusan2001
01-24-2006, 04:24 PM
dont we have to pay to cosplaying?

Supremeronin
01-24-2006, 07:15 PM
You have to pay IIRC 600yen to cosplay, which isn't much.

YoshidaEri, Comiket is really, really strict about props and I've never known/seen/heard of anyone bringing music to go with their cosplay...so you might be asked to put away your CD player. Most people cosplay just with their costume at comiket...it can suck not having your signature weapons or whatever with you (you have to think of new poses) but thems the rules, unfortunately. :(

YoshidaEri
01-25-2006, 06:24 PM
You have to pay IIRC 600yen to cosplay, which isn't much.

YoshidaEri, Comiket is really, really strict about props and I've never known/seen/heard of anyone bringing music to go with their cosplay...so you might be asked to put away your CD player. Most people cosplay just with their costume at comiket...it can suck not having your signature weapons or whatever with you (you have to think of new poses) but thems the rules, unfortunately. :(

Okay, I could just bring the CD case with me.

What else goes on at ComiCon besides the cosplay area?

Supremeronin
01-25-2006, 08:08 PM
At Comiket? Well, the name is short for Comic Market...so, unsurprisingly, there is a VAST number of stalls selling manga. IIRC there's also all the other related stuff (figures etc) but I never spend much time looking in the halls (there's a few huge halls for the sellers).

Eleryth
01-25-2006, 10:19 PM
Cosplay wise, comiket is like a large photoshoot. That's it... no contest, no stage, no nothing. Just people in costume in specific areas where you can take photos (or outside of those areas, but you can't take photos of them).

If that's your bag, it can be a lot of fun seeing what costumes are there. And as Ronin said, there's TONS of manga and doujinshi in the airplan-hangar like rooms. It's astounding, really. I don't wander that way cuz I'd get lost. >.<

And that's it.

ilumiari
01-26-2006, 04:40 AM
Large Photoshoot is a good way of describing it. At Comiket 69 as Eleryth and I were getting changed back into real clothes we saw a couple of girls simply change their outfit, then head out again.

I can't come to #70, BUT I am saving to come buy Fukubukuro over the new year break so there is a slight possibility that I may come for #71.

Depends how my first year of uni goes *crosses fingers*

haruna
01-27-2006, 03:25 PM
According to my 2001 Comiket rule book:
Under the "Attractions are prohibited" rule, you would not be allowed to shout, play music(instrument or device like a CD player) or do anything else that creates loud noises.
Maximum prop length is 30cm which is about 1"(11.81etc inches to be exact.)

One rule that might freak out gaijin is the fact you've got to use the designated changing rooms to change in and out of your costume. When I was there, these were just tall-walled pens sectioned off inside one of the larger halls. There will be other men or women(changing rooms are segregated by sex) getting naked around you.
You cannot change into your costume in your own personal room(hotel, apartment, etc) and walk to the event.

More info here:
http://www.comiket.co.jp/info-a/TAFO/C69TAFO/

YoshidaEri
01-27-2006, 03:53 PM
I may or may not attend, I would really like to, but it depends on if I can get a military flight from Okinawa to Tokyo at the time.

Supremeronin
01-27-2006, 06:37 PM
Actually, in most events I've been to in Japan, you get changed along with everyone else of the same sex in one area. I don't think I've been to any event that wasn't like that.
Things are different in the States/etc?

Haruna, thanks for that link! :) I get their rules leaflet every time in Jpnz but never really bothered reading it/getting anyone to translate the tough parts. Thanks!

haruna
01-27-2006, 09:09 PM
Actually, in most events I've been to in Japan, you get changed along with everyone else of the same sex in one area. I don't think I've been to any event that wasn't like that.
Things are different in the States/etc?
I don't know if you've been to an American con or not. If you have not, I would recommend checking out this site here:
http://www.fansview.com/pastcons.htm
Click on any single con and you'll get an idea of what it's like.
US events take place at convention halls and most halls have hotels near by.
People often change into their costumes in the privacy of their hotel rooms then wander over to the convention site. Sometimes, people will venture out side of the convention or hotel's grounds and go to near-by restaurants(I've done this.) Depending on your costume, you'll get anywhere from a few to a load of people giving you funky looks.
The waiter at the Egyptian restaurant I went to was a bit confused but treated my costumed group very nicely.

Aside from hall cosplay, there are almost always competitions. Even if cosplayers don't have a skit or small play to perform, they usually walk across the stage to music of their choice.
Awards for performances are given as well as craftsmanship awards.

I've been to Japan and stayed at youth hostel with a mix of gaijin. Some of my American acquaintances freaked out over getting naked and bathing with strangers.

Do you still have a recent rule booklet? Could you possibly scan it for me?
I wouldn't mind doing a quickie translation.

Also, I know it seems like a pain to pay to cosplay, but consider that Comiket doesn't really have admission fees. You're supposed to buy their 2000 yen catalog and that would include tickets insde, but there are so many people attending that Comiket officials stopped bothering with collecting them.
Compared to the $25 a day+ prices of con admission, $6 a day to cosplay(free if you just take photos) isn't a bad deal at all.

Supremeronin
01-28-2006, 06:59 AM
No, never been to the States at all...yet.

Sorry...I'm not sure where my last Comiket rulebook is (quite possibly in the bin...)...
I've never bothered buying the Comiket catalogue...though I agree paying the 600yen changing-room fee isn't bad at all :)

emeraude
01-29-2006, 06:52 AM
here in mexico, you have to go changed. theres is no place to change there. The funny thing is that everyone would like to change in the convention center, because they dont like to walk, and ride buses or denshas when they are wearing costumes. everyone looks at you like; what is he doing????????

the fact that you have to see other people naked in japan is like...normal, well, when you go to onsens (hot springs) you see all people naked, so i think is normal, but here in mexico is like.......imposible

i would like to attend comicket 70 but i will be in my glorious country again, oohg yeah, i love mexico =)

haruna
01-29-2006, 04:58 PM
Hmm, maybe you'll find your C69 rulebook, maybe not.
Could you try and save your C70 book for me please? Thank you!

In America, you don't really have to walk too far in-costume to get to the con. I guess the general public in the USA is used to strange things happening at various conventions and expect it to spill out a bit.

Public nudity is a taboo in America as well as Mexico so usually Americans(and maybe Mexicans too?) really freak out at the thought of bathing with strangers, even when they're in Japan.

Supremeronin
01-29-2006, 06:17 PM
Yeah, it took me a coupla times to get used to onsen too. I'm okay with it now though! :)

Sure, I'll try to remember and keep my C70 rulebook for you ;)

Eleryth
01-29-2006, 08:21 PM
Do you mean the little white one that you get the stickers on for cosplay? I have that in my apartment...

haruna
01-30-2006, 03:46 AM
Do you mean the little white one that you get the stickers on for cosplay? I have that in my apartment...

That's the one!

emeraude
01-30-2006, 04:32 AM
i got used the same day xd, i just entered to the onsen and saw a lot of people naked, but... its normal here, so, theres no problem... about the book...i dont know but i have the comicket 69 book....but it is in japanese u.u so i can read kanjis, and i cant understand too mucho u.u

haruna
01-30-2006, 06:58 PM
I'd be willing to put the major parts from Japanese to English. I could try Español, but mine is super crappy.

Eleryth
01-30-2006, 07:26 PM
I can scan it for you sometime this week if you like, Haruna, should I get off my lazy butt sometime after work. >.< The rules aren't posted on the Comiket site in English, are they? Perhaps we should make a "foreigner's guide to comiket (or cosplay in Japan)" article/website.

YoshidaEri
01-30-2006, 10:04 PM
Perhaps we should make a "foreigner's guide to comiket (or cosplay in Japan)" article/website.

I think that would be really helpful for a lot of people(myself included :)

haruna
02-01-2006, 01:31 PM
I can scan it for you sometime this week if you like, Haruna, should I get off my lazy butt sometime after work. >.< The rules aren't posted on the Comiket site in English, are they? Perhaps we should make a "foreigner's guide to comiket (or cosplay in Japan)" article/website.

They are posted in English, Korean and Chinese but they're not complete:
http://www.comiket.co.jp/info-a/TAFO/C69TAFO/

The rules are also really crammed together and don't read as nicely as the booket. Besides, the booklet has some cute little comics; I'd be willing to Photoshop those as well.

hachi8
02-02-2006, 09:54 AM
I'm going to go to Comiket 70.
Bat I don't cosplay.
Because I'm camera-kozou. :-)

Kazenokibou
02-07-2006, 12:12 AM
Plus, if there's a few of us from Cosplay.com going, we may as well meet up at the station on the way and all go together (that's what me, BurnSizzleMelt and Eleryth do). :)

Sorry, I know this is replying really late, but it's been a while since I have last visted here...

That would be very awesome if it is possible to get a group going! I live here in America, so I really don't know anyone in Japan, let alone someone who cosplays, so it would be nice to be able to go with people. I still don't really know if I'm going to cosplay yet (I usually went there to buy things.. and I'm kinda guessing that it's going to be hard to buy things when cosplaying..?), but if I'm really thinking about it now.. if I do, I'm probably going to be L...

Supremeronin
02-07-2006, 08:51 AM
Well, sooner to the date I'll try to organise it so we can all meet before heading to Odaiba and Big Site (since meeting there is totally impossible). :)

ArsenalFierce13
02-09-2006, 01:52 AM
At first I wasn't sure if I'd be around, but since I recently decided to stay in Japan for another year, I'm considering Comiket. Still really tentative, though. Maybe it'll finally be the push I need to finish my Ulala costume that's been languishing since Halloween ^_^;

haruna
02-25-2006, 11:57 PM
I've made some progress on the Comiket rule book translation.

I'm not done with all the text but I ran ahead and photoshopped the manga:

http://img49.imageshack.us/img49/9282/comiketbookmanga17ua.jpg
http://img117.imageshack.us/img117/7030/comiketbookmanga24cl.jpg
http://img108.imageshack.us/img108/576/comiketbookmanga35do.jpg
http://img131.imageshack.us/img131/6627/comiketbookmanga42pa.jpg

Enjoy!

Rindi
03-01-2006, 02:46 AM
Ah, the Comiket comics are always so amusing. I attended Comiket 68 last summer, and I distinctly recall seeing a foreign-language summary of Comiket rules (in Enlish, Chinese, and Korean) somewhere in the middle of all the rulesin the Comiket catalog... I assume it'd be any later versions as well.

I'd love to be able to attend Comiket 70, but it all hinges upon whether I end up in Japan again this summer. I can't believe you people don't even go and look at the halls, though. Shopping for/browsing through doujinshi is so much fun! I'd never cosplay at Comiket though... That would require me to save precious suitcase space for costume stuffs.

A-20
03-03-2006, 01:07 AM
It'd be cool for me to go to Comiket one of these days, but I can't afford to fly to Japan yet. Like Kazenokibou, I too go to ACen.

cactusmomma
03-04-2006, 11:01 AM
Sorry, I know this is replying really late, but it's been a while since I have last visted here...

That would be very awesome if it is possible to get a group going! I live here in America, so I really don't know anyone in Japan, let alone someone who cosplays, so it would be nice to be able to go with people. I still don't really know if I'm going to cosplay yet (I usually went there to buy things.. and I'm kinda guessing that it's going to be hard to buy things when cosplaying..?), but if I'm really thinking about it now.. if I do, I'm probably going to be L...

If a group did go...would you guys probably hit up a hotel to stay at or is there something cheaper? I checked with Travelocity and a hotel + flight out of Chicago Midway together would be $1,646. Does anyone know of any cheaper ways to fly out/stay there from 8/9-8/15?

Supremeronin
03-04-2006, 11:22 AM
Well...there's always capsule hotels...or love hotels! :D
For something a little more mainstream, there's plenty of business hotels...
perhaps Eleryth can give better suggestions (I live in the Big T anyway :P).

Eleryth
03-04-2006, 11:37 PM
I usually stay in hostels when I'm in Tokyo, or in business hotels with a shinkansen deal (which you probably wont get unless you're coming from elsewhere in Japan). Hotels are generally really expensive. If you search Tokyo for some hostels, you'll get a stay for about 2500-4000yen a person per night, instead of 10000yen plus for a hotel room.

I usually just search google first, but a few I have heard good things about and/or stayed at are:
http://www.andon.co.jp/home/info.html Andon Ryokan
http://www.newkoyo.com/ New Koyo

There's another a friend really liked, but I just can't remember what it's called right now.

There's hostel websites and ryokan lists that should be cheapter and possibly "more Japanese" regarding the experience.

nightko
03-05-2006, 12:22 AM
I really want to go to comiket but almost everytime, I delayed my trip either to go to Tokyo Game Show or something else.

CPOK
03-15-2006, 04:00 PM
http://www.newkoyo.com/ New Koyo

I have stayed at thee New Koyo in 2004. I wasn't a bad hostel to stay at. Reasonable price, close to 2 train stations, and friendly staff.

Oh and I might be able to attend myself this year. (I hope)

Shirayuki
03-16-2006, 04:39 AM
Hmmm... I'm thinking about Comiket 70, but I really don't want to go by myself (especially having to spend so much on plane ticket and all), so I'm not sure yet. I went to 69 last year, which was my first time at Comiket (so many people @_@ so crowded). I'd love to cosplay if I go, but the thought of bringing my costumes there and then bringing them back X_X...

Supremeronin
04-17-2006, 09:17 AM
Only(?!) about three months 'til CM70 now...anyone else decided to come?
I'm talking with my J-friends now...trying to decide what costumes to wear...definitely something hot-as-hell friendly...probably Urahara Kisuke (IIRC they do allow umbrellas, which would be excellent. If I go both days, then I might do Rikimaru (minus full armour) and risk sunstroke! :D

Briareos
06-17-2006, 04:42 PM
Just order my flight ticket and ryokan today, so I'll be at the comiket also this year:wave:
I'm not sure if I'll cosplay, but I'll try to make a costume that I easily can have in my suitcase.
Anyway you can be sure that I'll be there as a camera-kozou :spinner:

-Bri `^_^

100kYenes
06-19-2006, 01:10 AM
This is going to be my 3rd summer Comiket (66/68/70!) and going to be camping the first night. Wish me luck!:)

Briareos
06-19-2006, 11:54 AM
This is going to be my 3rd summer Comiket (66/68/70!) and going to be camping the first night. Wish me luck!:)

When you say camping, I dont hope you mean camping in front of Tokyo big sight, because that is prohibited:angel2:

-Bri
Mood today::cheers:

SakuSaku
06-19-2006, 07:45 PM
Hello all!

It seems I will be attending Comiket this year when I'm visiting in the summer. : ) It'll be my first time (I didn't get to go last winter) so if there are any details I should know about, please tell me! I know the website has the rules and all in English.

I"ll be cosplaying, definitely. 8D

Supremeronin
06-19-2006, 10:10 PM
Well, I hope I'll be able to go, some J-mates are going that I haven't seen in ages so I'm trying to make it happen. Probably just on the sunday, but definitely cosplaying! :)

Briareos
06-20-2006, 01:51 AM
Well, I hope I'll be able to go, some J-mates are going that I haven't seen in ages so I'm trying to make it happen. Probably just on the sunday, but definitely cosplaying! :)

I hope that you can make it, so that I can take some more fotos of you like I did last time:bigtu:
http://www.briareos.com/galleri/comiket69/thursday/Comiket69-thursday-246.html

-Bri
Mood today: :dance:

Kazenokibou
06-22-2006, 09:11 AM
I found out that my job starts on Aug 13 (back in US) so I won't be going to comiket this year.... ;_; I guess I'll try to go to winter comiket... -_-;

But best of luck to those who are going! It would've been fun to have met up with you people... ;_;

Killmesarah
06-23-2006, 10:58 PM
HOLY SNAPS!
You mean I can actually go to this!!?? So, it's the weekend of Aug 12-14. Would it be ok to just go Saturday and cosplay? Will anyone make me buy admission? Do you need admission for the dealers room?

I wonder if anyone will recognise Malin from King of Fighters.....
WHO'S COMING WITH ME??!!

100kYenes
06-24-2006, 07:45 PM
When you say camping, I dont hope you mean camping in front of Tokyo big sight, because that is prohibited:angel2:

-Bri
Mood today::cheers:

I did back in 2004, i dont know if that has changed. We'll see...

Anyway, i'll be there

nightko
06-25-2006, 04:33 AM
I watched Tensha Otaku, there is one episode that it mentioned No Camping at the Comiket. Don't know which is true now.

BTW, usually it rain or not during Comicket time?

Eleryth
06-25-2006, 10:05 AM
No camping is one of the rules. Check out the scans page that Haruna posted in this same forum, I think it's mentioned in there. They really don't like it if you do.

Besides, if you're only going for cosplay, there's no real point in showing up at 6 am or 8 am or whatever. I did that my first year and got in around 1120. Showed up the next year at 11 and got in about the same time. Figured there was no point in standing in line for 3 hours if I didn't have to.

As for the weather it's usually really bloody hot and humid. Bring lots of change to buy and drink the water/teas. Avoid carbonated drinks if possible, and if you get too hot, visit the international room somewhere inside to chill (it's air conditioned).

100kYenes
06-28-2006, 12:39 AM
Probably i should change the term "camping" for "being in line". Back in comiket 66, we arrived at Tokyo Big Sight like at 11pm. We noticed the front was empty so we followed a bunch of people to the "back" of the convention center, near the halls. We were "in line" all night long. :)

Cheers

Supremeronin
06-28-2006, 09:54 AM
If you're really bothered about the manga etc then I guess it's best to go exceedingly early...but if you're just there for the cosplay you really don't havce to go so early. I've been early a coupla times and had to queue with hundreds (nay thousands) of others before the event is opened...then the next day I went so I arrived at like 12 or 1pm and walked straight in. :)

100kYenes
06-30-2006, 12:19 AM
Yeah, thanks for the tip
Im going to be in line only on friday.
Saturday and Sunday will go straight to the cosplay area.
Cheers

mrskalal
07-09-2006, 08:18 AM
I've never been to a convention or even cosplayed before (unless you count Halloween). I've been lurking on this forum for quite a while, which I shouldn't do since I'm easily influenced. August? There's a costume I like that I might be able to make by then...

zotaro515
07-09-2006, 09:58 AM
Hello everybody!

I'm already so excited about going to Comiket.
It'll be my 5th or 6th time (I live in Tokyo) and my friend will be cosplaying.
There is a cosplay event that goes on during all 3 days of comiket, about
5 minutes away from bigsite called "tona-cosu".

The restrictions and rules are much more lenient than comiket's (props are allowed), and many cosplayers go there after comiket so they can take pictures and participate in the cosplay-"dance" (lots of anime songs and techno).

Of course, it's very crowded, but the inside is air-conditioned and the dance is fun:) I highly recommend it!

nightko
07-12-2006, 05:18 AM
Wow, I did not know that. Is there a website for more information/location?

100kYenes
07-19-2006, 11:39 PM
Hey Zotaro515, this sounds like fun. Could you please give us more info about this "tona-cosu"?
-how to get there?, is there and admision fee?, what time it start?

Killmesarah
07-20-2006, 04:21 AM
Only a few weeks left until Comiket 70!! Is everyone ready!!??
I'm not- I haven't done any work on my Ayane costume at all since I got to Japan.
BUT I still can't wait! After the cosplay ends at 3, I plan on following th crowd of people towards wherever, lol.

Supremeronin
07-20-2006, 10:06 AM
Zotaro515 may be talking about the event in TFT Hall...very close to Big Site. It's a very good event, and pretty much all cosplayers. As mentioned; props are okay and it's great fun. :)

As it gets closer we should try to organize somewhere we can all meet up to head to Odaiba together! :D

100kYenes
07-21-2006, 01:07 AM
Thanks for the info Supremeronin.
I would definitely like to attend. Count me in.

Kazenokibou
07-21-2006, 10:26 AM
I've never been to Tona-cosu, but I found some info so I'll write some out here(hopefully it would be useful to someone)

(According to http://cnet.cosplay.ne.jp/)
At TFT hall, from 8/11~8/13
Starts from 11:00 goes till 20:00
Cosplayers pay 1500 yen.
It will keep your stuff from 9 to the time when the event starts.

The site also mentions a cosplay event at "Ooedo Onsen Monogatari" (literal translation, Big Edo Hot Spring Story), which is, using Yurikamome, about 4 minutes from TFT hall.This is held on 8/11 and 12th, from 20:00 to 8:00AM the next day. Some people might get held back from the idea of hot spring, but this place has Japanese garden, and the inside also looks like Edo period Japan. Also, they let out Yukata (Japanese summer kimono), so it promotes that this is a great place to cosplay and take pictures with traditional Japanese looking anime cosplays (such as Naruto). That also seems fun.

The information I mentioned is all in the website mentioned above, and it also includes some pictures if anyone is interested.

nightko
07-23-2006, 12:24 AM
Thanks for the info, I always want to have picture taken with a Japanese garden as the background. I always want to tryout 大江戸温泉物語 , sounds good.

BTW, any good event to go during September? I'm planning to go to Tokyo Game Show, any other event around that time?

zotaro515
07-24-2006, 01:16 PM
BTW, any good event to go during September? I'm planning to go to Tokyo Game Show, any other event around that time?

There's a lot of info on http://cnet.cosplay.ne.jp/

According to the site, September events in the Tokyo are include:

9/2 Harumi
http://www5c.biglobe.ne.jp/~yuusya/
1000yen

9/3 Asakusa, hanayashiki (themepark)
1400yen(2400yen for an all day pass for the rides)

9/10 Japan Cosplay Festival in Toshimaen (themepark)
http://takama.cosplay.ne.jp/jcf/
1500yen

9/18 Yomiuri land (themepark)
1000yen

9/23and24 Tokyodome city attractions (themepark)
http://cnet.cosplay.ne.jp/layparatop.htm
2000yen when you buy the ticket that day

Hope this helps!

nightko
07-27-2006, 10:26 PM
Thanks for the info.
Ah...stupid me, why I did not go and read that site carefully. :P

stee van
08-03-2006, 07:23 PM
don't forgot WCS in nagoya +_+;;; this saturday !

Briareos
08-05-2006, 03:04 AM
In a few hours, I'll be on a plane on my way to Japan....Yesss!
Hope to see you guys at the Comiket and the Tona-cosu:)

-Bri
Mood today::rockon:

Supremeronin
08-09-2006, 10:43 AM
So, I'll be going to the TFT event (Tonari No Cosplay) from around 5pm on Saturday (after work)...though just to meet a J-mate...

On Sunday me and some mates are going to Comiket, meeting at Osaki station at maybe 11 to 12...anyone else interested?
If you've got keitai I can give you my email address/phone no so we can meet up before going to Big Site (don't even think about trying your phone at Big Site: it won't work;) ).

Nadiask
08-09-2006, 11:56 AM
I ll be there with Kasumi cosplay in saturday and Sailor Chibimoon in sunday

tarundoru
08-10-2006, 03:22 AM
So, I'll be going to the TFT event (Tonari No Cosplay) from around 5pm on Saturday (after work)...though just to meet a J-mate...

On Sunday me and some mates are going to Comiket, meeting at Osaki station at maybe 11 to 12...anyone else interested?
If you've got keitai I can give you my email address/phone no so we can meet up before going to Big Site (don't even think about trying your phone at Big Site: it won't work;) ).

Will you go with a group? I have desires of meting people. I live in Tokyo since a few months but I didn`t know any people fan of this kind of things, I was very busy with the university stuff~:eek:...
I want to go to comiket but alone it`s a bit boring:spinner:

Supremeronin
08-10-2006, 10:19 AM
Sure!
I'm meeting some mates and going from Osaki station. We're meeting at 12:20 and getting the 12:31 train to kokusaitenjijo. Gimme a call/email or just shout "RONIN??!!!" ;)

Killmesarah
08-10-2006, 11:09 AM
OMG- only 1 day left till Comiket!!!! I hope I can finish my costume!
I will be coming with a friend (but only I am cosplaying) and wearing this costume:
http://www.kingpage.net/index2/exp/ayane.jpg
http://members.cox.net/tecmofan/scans/ayane4.jpg

If anyone sees me, PLEASE come and say hello!! This is my first Japanese convention, and I really want to meet people!
I also want to take lots of pictures! It's okay to take pictures while you are cosplaying, right?
And can you go into the dealers hall in costume as well??

Supremeronin
08-10-2006, 11:25 AM
I also want to take lots of pictures! It's okay to take pictures while you are cosplaying, right?
And can you go into the dealers hall in costume as well??

Sure you can take pics while in-cos! :)
But remember that it's polite to ask ;) And for many cosplayers there might be a queue!...though in other cases there can be a crowd snapping away together (I just do as the natives do;) )
And it's fine going round the halls in-cos, but you're not supposed to pose for pics in the halls.

If I spot you, I'll be sure to say hi! :)
IF I do cosplay, I'll be going as armoured Rikimaru.

etta
08-10-2006, 08:32 PM
hey everyone im new here and ive jus been in tokyo for the last month due to an internship. i actually found out about this convention yesterday and would very much like to go on sat. does anyone here know how to get to the big site from Ariake station? pLease that would help alot

elejonah
08-11-2006, 09:25 AM
Hi,everyone. Just been to comiket70 today, and it was soooooo crowded!!!
I went there around 1pm and the whole place was packed!! I didn`t do cosplay today because it was too hot! The area they allow for cosplay was so small that it is even impossible to find a place to stand. I understood that the rules of no prop because there was not enough space to pose.

Killmesarah
08-11-2006, 10:16 AM
hahah crap, how do you ask for a photo ><;
"shashin wo torimashooka?" "shashin wo totte mo iidesuka?" "shashin wo totte kudasimasenka?" LOL I don't wanna say it the wrong way ><;

Crowded, huh? Well, it's to be expected. I wonder if it's better to come early, to get a place to stand... hmm..

OH! Does anyone know of any good shopping areas around big sight? I'd like to look for some toys, if possible.
Also, a sit-down food place (like Denny's) where I can pay with credit card would be realllllllly nice <3

*goes back to sewing*

Supremeronin
08-11-2006, 10:48 AM
"Shashin wo tottemo ii desu ka?" will do :)

I really DON'T recommend going early. You'll be caught in the crowds of thousands lining (massing?!) up to go in...better to go a little later IMHO.

It does get really crowded, but there's no way round it :)

And don't forget the sunblock!

E. Marini RPD
08-15-2006, 01:39 PM
I understood that the rules of no prop because there was not enough space to pose.

No, actually as a past comiket staffer I assure you the reason for this is entirely due to demands from the city administration,and Tokyo Metro Police.

Since Comiket doen'tcharge for admission,this makes it a 'public' event and subject to direct regultion by city authorities.

The prop rule in the past has been no prop bigger than 20 cm.in length.
My last comiket I spent half the conventiontaking wands away form Harry Potter characters.

Again,I would like to stress that Comiket as an organisation woulkd prefer to have no rules at all...and it originally did not. These rules were imposed on the convention by TMPD and city authorities.

If you have any further questions, please contact the international relations department,costume questions I can relay to the Cosplay chairman Ushijima Essei.

Killmesarah
08-26-2006, 09:04 PM
Well, I can honestly say I was disappointed with Comiket, for various reasons I won't get into here..... Japanese cons are A LOT different, that's for sure.

Here are the photo's I took (not many =/)
http://images.cosplay.com/gallery.php?cat=50577&member=19478

Supremeronin
08-27-2006, 12:54 AM
I'm sorry to hear you didn't have a good time! :(
If you don't wanna discuss it here, could you PM me...I'm kinda interesting in why you were disappointed? You never know, one of my mates works as CM staff....maybe I can tell her what problems you had...

Admin
08-27-2006, 01:18 AM
I had fun this year, aside from the (predictable) hot weather.