PDA

View Full Version : O.O Snow?

RealizeDOP
02-11-2003, 08:24 PM
Aw Man! It's supposed to snow! I hope it wont' be a hassle driving ><

Luna Moon
02-11-2003, 08:39 PM
What days is it gonna snow??
I heard on Saturday & Sunday it is.....but it's only gonna be like flurries...

or has the forecast changed???

d*mn snow....it's not pretty nemore....just annoying....lol....

-Luna-

SailorAndromeda
02-11-2003, 09:03 PM
You said it. It was snowing today. Sure it was pretty, but I just wanted to turn my hairdryer on and melt it all. Burn snow, BUUURN!!
Anyway...yeah, last I heard it was supposed to snow Sat and Sun. And let's not forget the "orange alert" and us being near Washington. Couldn't this all wait a week?? Sheesh.

Lady_Sephiroth
02-11-2003, 09:11 PM
Snow is no big deal :) It probably won't stick or anything anyway.

Sciguy
02-11-2003, 09:37 PM
It shouldn't pose a problem. Even if it does stick, it should be cleared in the next two days. We have some snow on the roads, but it'll be gone in a day, tops.

ZiggyB
02-11-2003, 09:39 PM
SNOW!! Yay! SNOW!!

/me runs away before he gets killed. :)

I haven't seen snow in a long time, I wouldn't mind getting some snow at Katsu for some interesting photos. Yes I know it'll be freezing cold, but it might be worth it. :)

kelldar
02-11-2003, 09:40 PM
If one more person I know mentions that stupid orange alert to me, I'll deck 'em. Don't want to think about it, if I think about I'll start getting all nervous.

I wouldn't mind the snow as long as it doesn't affect my flights! I don't much like it but I hardly ever get to see it... and yeah could get some pretty pics in the snow ^^

WasATux
02-11-2003, 09:48 PM
Yeah... I know from experience that when they say Flurries in VA/Maryland... they mean one of two things:
There will be a paralyzing blizzard
or there will be no snow at all.
There is no middle ground, or accuracy, so good times!

ZiggyB
02-11-2003, 09:59 PM
I'm personally ignoring those silly "alerts" considering how vague the possible threats are...

What do they want us to do? Just cower in our homes and let them pass more restrictive legislation?

Oops... sorry, rant mode off, promise. :)

Keurblitz
02-11-2003, 10:21 PM
::does tropical weather dance::

I mean, hey, I need some sun

::looks at super white legs::

Oshi
02-12-2003, 12:59 AM
Here's the weather report for Arlington, VA (zip code 22222 ^^;; )
Fri, Feb 14: Mostly Cloudy, Hi 39/Lo 33, 20 % chance precip.
Sat, Feb 15: Rain / Snow, Hi 36/Lo 31, 40 % chance precip.
Sun, Feb 16: Rain / Snow, Hi 41/Lo 34, 30 % chance precip.

It's not too bad. Pretty low chance of precipitation. Though, it could change in the next couple days.

Kenshin Ken
02-12-2003, 01:12 AM
SNow!! ^_^ I haven't seen the stuff outside of a snow-cone!!

looks liek I mght jsut enjoy this trip even more ^_^.

Tenshi
02-12-2003, 01:17 AM
Snow. . .? As long as it doesn't snow Thursday or Monday, I'm cool. It snows here once a year, and it doesn't stick at all ~~;;. Although it's funny seeing it on the palm trees for about half an hour XD.

arisuchan
02-12-2003, 01:28 AM
snow?? I don't believe in snow

umm ......chu *^^*

Eurobeat King
02-12-2003, 01:54 AM
Shnow.. I hope it won't delay my arrival into DCA, ruining the perfect (well, arriving at 10am FR morning isn't what I wanted to do, so it's NOT perfect :p) plan I have for Katsucon FR morning..

If there is snow for Katsu, I might just bring my Santa hats for Shinji & Pen-Pen to wear, since it's either late or really early for X-mas, but why not? Although I will want to wear the head-clips that Dawn sent me for a few hours, else I'll just simply cover them with the Santa hat.. hehe Just ask me if you want to take my picture (and Pen-Pen) as normal Shinji or X-mas Shinji. ;)

AND since there will be snow (either on the ground or falling) I'll be bringing my Eurobeat Christmas CD to play during the get-together that night, since the weather outside DEFINITELY feels like it's Christmas.. :skidude:

SailorAndromeda
02-12-2003, 11:57 AM
Kell- Please don't deck me! *ducks*
I've decided not to worry about it. I have an aunt and uncle who work down there in, erm, various 'branches', so I think they'd tell us if they knew something definite. But I can't say anymore, really *gets dragged away by guys in suits* lol, j/k
But seriously, I'm more worried about traffic right now!
And I am SO sick of snow. It needs to stop. Like NOW.
SO Kell, don't worry, it'll be a good con ^^

Sami
02-12-2003, 05:41 PM
No.. people.. please don't pray for snow.. >_<

In Maryland if a flurry of snow falls, all traffic on all major roadways slows to 5 mph because people go all nutty at the sight of ANY sort of precipitation. (Case in point - it took me an hour and a half to drive 25 miles to work last week BECAUSE IT WAS RAINING.) So for those of us that are driving in, it will not be pretty nor pleasant. X_O So... yeah. No snow.

kelldar
02-12-2003, 05:45 PM
Hee! *hug* I wouldn't deck you! It's my mom who is bruisin for a cruisin mostly *eg*
I'm not going to worry about it, either. I'll just worry about snow instead XD

Neko Cathy
02-12-2003, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by WasATux
Yeah... I know from experience that when they say Flurries in VA/Maryland... they mean one of two things:
There will be a paralyzing blizzard
or there will be no snow at all.
There is no middle ground, or accuracy, so good times!

Heh... and we're expecting a blizzard real soon. Not only that but the DC area is on high alert for terrorists this weekend... that's all I'm allowed to say about the terrorist thing since the rest of the info my dad recieved from the fire dept. is top secret.

SailorAndromeda
02-12-2003, 07:02 PM
Uhh...that info doesn't help to exactly "calm" us NekoCathy... O_o
I'll just try to think happy thoughts or something ^^;

die-sama
02-12-2003, 10:44 PM
i have predicted it XD

acutally its in the farmer's alamac i think that this weekend will be a blizzard *wondering how i'm gonna be able to get to DC in the snow* EEP X_X;;;

i like snow
i dont like blizzards

grr brrrgrrr >_<

SailorAndromeda
02-13-2003, 08:44 AM
I'm not worried about getting there...I'm worried about getting back HOME ^^;
It's supposed to percipitate every type between VA and PA apparently, Saturday into Sunday evening. As of now that is...

Giant Alucard
02-13-2003, 09:12 AM
Im not made for snow. But my Alucard costume will keep me warn if anything happens, since it's basically a big jacket anyway. Almost makes it look like i thought ahead.

digikoomi
02-13-2003, 12:14 PM
Yuki in snow...sounds romantic~ Yoh in snow...Fight to Horohoro XD Kurapika in snow....hum...Spider Die!!!

*ignor me, I dont know what am I talking about....

SailorAndromeda
02-13-2003, 12:22 PM
Well...because of this stupid snow forecast, we might not be coming now. I'm very distraught, but we won't make a decision until tonight after we get home. Stupid Snow!!

Rinkun
02-13-2003, 12:22 PM
XD eh, if there is going to be a horrible blizzard, it'll happen either a few days before or after my birthday (march 11th). so i'm not at all worried ^3^

Kellie
02-13-2003, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by kell
If one more person I know mentions that stupid orange alert to me, I'll deck 'em. Don't want to think about it, if I think about I'll start getting all nervous.

Whoever mentions it, just tell them you're going to the safest place you could possibly be during it all. And believe me...its the truth.

Kellie
02-13-2003, 05:27 PM
Snow shmo! Although ... Maryland hardly ever gets snow so I SWEAR when they see a snowflake they freak out. But .. eh. LET IT SNOW! It won't stop me from going to Katsucon. Nor will some alert. :b I like Orange ... -runs and goes back to work before she gets a slew of rants thrown at her-

kelldar
02-13-2003, 06:10 PM
cherii chan, that's what I keep telling myself! XD

Sciguy
02-13-2003, 06:18 PM
Maybe you Baltimoreans freak out about the snow, but the town of Bel Air has gotten over two foot so far and there's still about a foot out there in some places. We're good with snow. Of course, I'm from Georgia, so I was freaking out when our first freeze was so early, lol.

SailorAndromeda
02-13-2003, 09:21 PM
Well, we're still coming (God willing ^^) but we're only staying until Saturday early afternoon. Then we're going to try and make it back home. Why don't they sell passes for half a day? lol

Kellie
02-13-2003, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by Sciguy
Maybe you Baltimoreans freak out about the snow, but the town of Bel Air has gotten over two foot so far and there's still about a foot out there in some places. We're good with snow. Of course, I'm from Georgia, so I was freaking out when our first freeze was so early, lol.

^^; Bel Air, MD? Just wondering because I live in Perry Hall. <i>I</i> don't freak out about snow. I have four wheel drive anyway. A little snow never hurt anyone. Besides, they called the last snow squall (*snrk* I said squall) we had the "storm of the century". >> Um..sorry but..that was child's play compared to the blizzards of 96, 99 and 2001.