PDA

View Full Version : Sneak Peek - Events/Games

Otaking97
01-10-2006, 06:50 PM
Just like the days of your local fairgrounds we are having the Balloon Pop game! But instead of winning little stuffed animals you win little stuffed anime plushies! Everyone is a winner (as long as you can hit a balloon with a dart) Each balloon can be a different prize!

Also! The DICE Game. If you can roll a big pair of fuzzy DICE and match the number the house has you win a prize!

Also! Knock over all the bottles and win a prize! But can you do it? These bottles are not so easy to knock over!!

Also! Can you put the softball into the basket without it fallling out? If you can you win!

What do you think? Expect to see some or more of these fair ground games at NAF 06. Your party fair anime con!

Games are in planning process. Small changes may occur. Weather and cost permitting as well. Please keep an eye out on the NAF website or www.animegusto.com in the future for updates.

Tsukasa_1
01-10-2006, 06:57 PM

Okay, first thing is- this past weekend Bellnexia had one of thier routers drop an interface of which cause packets for a certian IP range (which included NAFS) to get bounced into space, so those wonder why the site was down- for most it wasnt but for those using Sympatico (Business Edition or Personal) it was.

Next, have you run the ideas past josh- although they sound good and all- he has already requested a budget limit which could damper your plans.

Otaking97
01-10-2006, 07:09 PM

Okay, first thing is- this past weekend Bellnexia had one of thier routers drop an interface cause packets for a certian IP range (which included NAFS) to get bounced into space, so those wonder why the site was down- for most it wasnt but for those using Sympatico (Business Edition or Personal) it was.

Next, have you run the ideas past josh- although they sound good and all- he has already requested a budget limit which could damper your plans.

No problem at all. In most cases much of the hardware I can supply. Just prizes. However I will run everything past the rest of you at the next meeting.

Currently I'm just putting it out there to the general public to see what they think. Good? Fun? Horribly lame?

PS. You were on this like a hawk! Good job!

Mekou
01-11-2006, 02:12 AM
I'm all for the idea! Except, I can see prizes becoming a problem. We shouldn't get ahead of ourselves thinking we could afford so much (and I AM assuming that there's a 1 prize per person rule. You never know how many people will come and play, you know?)

Unless we had prizes donated. =D Like from dealers, artist, or just from random people who have tons of leftover stuff from years of collecting and nothing to do with it. XD

heki-chan
01-11-2006, 02:42 AM
OOOOO I LIKE THIS IDEA! HOPE ITS NOT RIGGED THOUGH! HAHAHA just kidding :) :)

I'd totally donate some prizes ^____^

Otaking97
01-11-2006, 04:21 PM
Alright I'll let you all in on a bit of a secret that I was going to hold off until the next meeting. Since these are fair like games you would pay to play. Like $1 for 3 darts, 3 balls, etc, etc. Then that money goes back towards the fee that was used to purchase prizes. Small things such as keychains, etc, are cheap. Then some big prizes for people who really put out the bucks to win big! JUST like the fair. Either way I'm just feeling it out.

PS. Don't worry! Us Con Carnies aren't too crooked....'shifty eyes'....

Kaijugal
01-12-2006, 02:42 PM
I think it's an amusing idea. :) Kind of ties in with the BBQ theme and Vollyball somebody else mentioned as a possibility. Sounds like NAF may become a regular Summer Fun Fest. XD Gee Mark, too bad you don't have a beach. :)

Kia
01-12-2006, 06:58 PM
My student union did a bbq at the beginning of the school year, only it nearly got rained out (until we wandered across the street to the main Ryerson building and 'relocated' their big tents. I'm sure you've probably already thought of this, but haveing one or two event type tents would be handy, both if it rains, and even if its sunny (for shade, since I for one look like a tomato after very little sun) that way the even can continue, almost regardless of the weather. ^_^

p.s. I love the idea. ^_^