PDA

View Full Version : Heresy: Sexy no Jutsu Gundam Boys?

Meng Xiaojie
01-10-2006, 08:53 PM
Would I be condemned for all eternity as an otaku heretic if I got a group together and did a kick-ass SNJ Gundam Wing cosplay? :devil:

By kick-ass, I mean good costumes that draw on the original character designs, but are femmy and funny without being slutty.

For instance, here's a pic of Quatre (http://photobucket.com/albums/y178/KatharineFaith/?action=view&current=4running.jpg)(in case no one remembers who the dickens I'm talking about). I'd probably put my SNJ Quatre in a blonde curly 'do, a pink oxford shirt tied at the bottom just above the waist, a short purple vest, and either short khaki shorts or a short khaki skirt. Oh, and high-heeled boots, of course. It's cute, sexy, and very reminiscent of Quatre's original outfit.

Any thoughts on this? And would anyone be interested in participating? (I can't decide whether I'd want to be SNJ Duo or SNJ Wu Fei...)

Blade Tiger
01-10-2006, 09:24 PM
Would I be condemned for all eternity as an otaku heretic if I got a group together and did a kick-ass SNJ Gundam Wing cosplay? :devil:
I can't speak for everyone, but I think if you want to invent something completely unheard of and insane, you should go right ahead.

Insanity is what being an otaku is all about!

Danzikumaru
01-10-2006, 09:55 PM

It is heresy

First off, don't attach the SnJ name to it.
Secondly, it has been done, a little known Doujinshi

It is not different, nor is it insane. You're a good cosplayer, don't stoop to this "femme-type" craze that seems to be consuming the community.

If you REALLY want to do someting different or original, do some of the artbook costumes, or the Angelic costumes from GW. That'll at least be respectibile...

ckeody
01-10-2006, 10:10 PM
I think it's a good idea. No offense, but it's not exactly an original idea since a lot of people these days are attaching the "sexy no jitsu" to pretty much everything, but I think it's a great idea for Gundam Wing. As long as you can make it classy because Gundam Wing deserves that much and from the description you gave as an example I think you'll have no problem pulling it off.

Eveil
01-10-2006, 10:21 PM
omg why is this stretching to other fandoms.
I'll be off listening to linkin park now.

Suguishi
01-10-2006, 11:11 PM
omg why is this stretching to other fandoms.
I'll be off listening to linkin park now.

:rockon: Evernecense plz. :rockon:

Eveil
01-10-2006, 11:13 PM
:rockon: Evernecense plz. :rockon:

that's for emo garlz, not gangstas D:

Suguishi
01-10-2006, 11:15 PM
that's for emo garlz, not gangstas D:

sexy no jutsu gumdam pilots...

That makes them very very emo chicks. :blubber: :dunce: :walkoff: :( :confused: :blubber: :dunce: :eeek:

Eveil
01-10-2006, 11:17 PM
sexy no jutsu gumdam pilots...

That makes them very very emo chicks. :blubber: :dunce: :walkoff: :( :confused: :blubber: :dunce: :eeek:

let me guess, you wanna join in don't you. :lost:

Suguishi
01-10-2006, 11:18 PM
let me guess, you wanna join in don't you. :lost:

lesbian sex with Heero?

TOTEZ. :cheers:

Eveil
01-10-2006, 11:19 PM
lesbian sex with Heero?

ur so gross DDDD: like kame leg forest
SnJ JE!? h0nose!

Suguishi
01-10-2006, 11:23 PM
ur so gross DDDD: like kame leg forest
SnJ JE!? h0nose!

Hey, sexy no jutsu and gundam pilots cosplay is aVERY serious matter. Prease 2 not mess with it HOKAY? Plz stay on the TOPIC and stop talking someone's forest and JE. This is about SnJ and GUNDAM x-over. HOKAY?!! :lost:

Eveil
01-10-2006, 11:25 PM
Hey, sexy no jutsu and gundam pilots cosplay is aVERY serious matter. Prease 2 not mess with it HOKAY? Plz stay on the TOPIC and stop talking someone's forest and JE. This is about SnJ and GUNDAM x-over. HOKAY?!! :lost:

omg no wai
dun freak out, no pi will have no more bewbs.

but mebee if SnJ Zechs was very zechsy??? I dunno, there topic lol

Technoir
01-11-2006, 03:21 AM
While it's certainly original, I don't think anyone would know who you were. :/ That's just my opinion. On Cosplay.com, you can look below a pic and say, "Oohhhh, SnJ Quatre." In real life, they'll probably just go, "Wow, why is that girl dressed like that? Wiiiiiierd." XD;;

Meng Xiaojie
01-11-2006, 05:34 PM
*shrug* Meh, just thought I'd pick some brains around here.

I wasn't aware of that doujinshi, Danzikumaru--actually, the idea came to me one night as I was browsing through the cosplay albums and overdosing on the SNJ Naruto cosplays. I thought, "Hey, wouldn't it be funny if other fandoms got in on the SNJ trend?"

Of course, then I saw the girled-up episode of Cromartie High School, which didn't help at all...

Anyway, it was just a thought. I'd only do it if I could get a good group with good costumes together--otherwise, it'd end up being another lame cookie-cutter fangirl squee-fest. :sulk: Which I'm not interested in, thankyouverymuch.

lesbian sex with Heero?

*dies laughing* Here, here! :cheers:

Valgaav_Xellos
01-11-2006, 07:57 PM
I like the idea of femme cosplays here and there, but I favor it moreso in the Naruto series since that is where the jutsu comes from... ^-^;

You shouldnt let cosplayers tell you what you should or shouldn't do... so just kinda filter theough the advice in these posts and decide for yourself. But yes, I'd have to admit, it may be a bit hard recognizing the costumes, unless if you had a group of male counterparts for each one of you guys, you know? If that were the case, then I'd think it'd be a cute idea.

I guess all that gets to me is the "SnJ" prefix being attached to a crossovered character to someone not in the naruto series. If it were just Femme gundam wing cosplays, then yeah i could live with that. ^-^v

Danzikumaru
01-11-2006, 10:14 PM
Anyway, it was just a thought. I'd only do it if I could get a good group with good costumes together--otherwise, it'd end up being another lame cookie-cutter fangirl squee-fest. :sulk: Which I'm not interested in, thankyouverymuch.

Well, if that's the case, knock yourself out. I'll eagerly await the reults, given it might somehow breathe some life into the stale and most of the time stupid "femme type" cosplay I see at every single con...

ckeody
01-11-2006, 10:42 PM
Would you be condemned for doing a "Sexy no Jutsu" version of Gundam Wing? Probably not. Dunno what other people's opinion on it would be but just in this thread there is already a large gap between like and dislike that it will probably be no different in the real world.

[If this doesn't make sense it's because I'm really really really sleepy. XD I will repost if necessary. Lol.]

cactusmomma
01-11-2006, 11:01 PM
If you wanna do a 'chick' version of a char sure.

If you wanna do a 'SnJ' version, please stop where you are. The craze has started to reach into serious decency issues recently.

Danzikumaru
01-12-2006, 02:33 AM

If you wanna do a 'SnJ' version, please stop where you are. The craze has started to reach into serious decency issues recently.

Amen...in all manners of taste...

Meng Xiaojie
01-12-2006, 10:53 AM

I think I'm perhaps confusing the two concepts. Does "SnJ" specifically refer to the wisps-of-cloud versions of characters? I've seen that term used to refer to all of the "chick" versions, whether they were wearing clouds or miniskirt-editions of the original costumes.

In any event, I'd be doing femmed-up versions of the original costumes, not cloud-wisps.

cactusmomma
01-12-2006, 11:44 AM
Sexy no Jutsu has ultimately evolved into making 'sexy' female versions of male characters. Many of the ones I've seen are decent, but recently..some girls have been using it as a flaunt tool and it's beginning to take on a negative light.

Sarcasm-hime
01-12-2006, 12:40 PM
Original Sexy no Jutsu is one of the dumbest things ever just within Naruto fandom....why take it even further? ;_;

Meng Xiaojie
01-12-2006, 12:40 PM
Many of the ones I've seen are decent, but recently..some girls have been using it as a flaunt tool and it's beginning to take on a negative light.

*rolls eyes* Yeah, well... I hate to bash my own gender, but girls can be the worst idiots when it comes to that sort of thing.

Think I'll stick with crossplaying, thanks. :bigtu:

Loran Cehack
01-12-2006, 01:25 PM
And of course, Wing gets the worship while every other series gets the royal shaft.

Maryssa
01-12-2006, 03:13 PM
this thread delivers!!!

Lole!!!

SkippingSith
01-12-2006, 03:24 PM
"Femme" GW if you will, just don't "SnJ" it...please, especially since SnJ is supposed to be only applied to Naruto to begin with, and DOESN'T APPLY TO OTHER SERIES.

(This also feeds into my hatred of people taking perfectly nice characters--like Yuna--and slapping a Naruto headband on them. Just...STOP.)

AnimeAngel
01-12-2006, 03:28 PM
I'm not sure why people keep saying this idea is original. Apparently, whenever you attach SnJ to something it makes it a whole new concept. I think FOX should get light of this.

Please. Let SnJ die out. For the sake of humanity.

This only feeds my hatred for an anime with a crappy story line and characters that just aren't very protagonistic.

Danzikumaru
01-12-2006, 03:56 PM

I'm glad so many people share my distaste for this "cosplay" trainwreck that is SnJ. It makes me feel less alone

Meng Xiaojie
01-12-2006, 04:12 PM
*frets* Gracious, feel the SnJ hatred! It burns us, precious, it burns!

(I've only seen about three episodes of the actual Naruto series--my idea stems purely from an attempt to do something new-ish and good-ish with characters that have already been done to death.)

Danzikumaru
01-12-2006, 04:16 PM
*frets* Gracious, feel the SnJ hatred! It burns us, precious, it burns!

(I've only seen about three episodes of the actual Naruto series--my idea stems purely from an attempt to do something new-ish and good-ish with characters that have already been done to death.)

Indeed, and all the power to you, and I wish I could find that doujin to show you the actuall femme-type versions used in it...

I do however, remember the hairstyles...

Quatre - think Iris from Sakura Wars, only more platinum, and you've got it
Trowa - bangs got much longer, and had a short ponytail
Wufei - hair tied into a monk's bun, wore a traditional formal chinese gown
Duo - wore his hair down...not much difference outside of that, really...can't remember his outfit
Heero- the only one who didn't switch genders in a noticable sense....he just got boobs and slightly longer hair, no other changes

Meng Xiaojie
01-12-2006, 04:37 PM
:toothy: Thanks, Danzikumaru, for those descriptions. Most of 'em are right in line with what I had in mind, actually--weirdness!

cactusmomma
01-12-2006, 04:59 PM
Haha Meng, you're quite an amusing person. I like that! And thanks for not going all 'RAWR MAI IDEEAH IS SO GURATE SCREOO U ALL' to what people are saying about this. We only speak the truth <3

Meng Xiaojie
01-12-2006, 05:08 PM
Well, since you brought it up, RenegadePocky...

"RAWR MAI IDEEAH IS SO GURATE SCREOO U ALL!!11!eleventyone!!" :toothy:

cactusmomma
01-12-2006, 05:36 PM
You now officially rock. Welcome to the insanity lol.

chibi_kitsune
01-12-2006, 05:51 PM
I like the idea of femme cosplays here and there, but I favor it moreso in the Naruto series since that is where the jutsu comes from... ^-^;

You shouldnt let cosplayers tell you what you should or shouldn't do... so just kinda filter theough the advice in these posts and decide for yourself. But yes, I'd have to admit, it may be a bit hard recognizing the costumes, unless if you had a group of male counterparts for each one of you guys, you know? If that were the case, then I'd think it'd be a cute idea.

I guess all that gets to me is the "SnJ" prefix being attached to a crossovered character to someone not in the naruto series. If it were just Femme gundam wing cosplays, then yeah i could live with that. ^-^v

Yah people might not know who you are so with that, a group would probly be best, you can try to make it sexy yet classy (yes it's possible).

chibi_kitsune
01-12-2006, 05:55 PM
*rolls eyes* Yeah, well... I hate to bash my own gender, but girls can be the worst idiots when it comes to that sort of thing.

Think I'll stick with crossplaying, thanks. :bigtu:

I do both, but try not to dress skimp cause it's just not classy really. More cute or elegent or Crossplay, been doing more of that.